Page 377 of 388 FirstFirst ... 277327367372375376377378379382387 ... LastLast
Results 7,521 to 7,540 of 7759

Thread: Things that annoy you in TM

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by Byegod View Post
    Its not like you couldnt get money with vincent, guy wasnt even 40 when he died
    I kind of honestly never understood using artists of various sorts as "Casters", mostly because there are more than enough actual magic using figures in mythology to use.

Like I never rewlly understood the point of Shakespeare in Apocrypha, for example.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    I kind of honestly never understood using artists of various sorts as "Casters", mostly because there are more than enough actual magic using figures in mythology to use.

Like I never rewlly understood the point of Shakespeare in Apocrypha, for example.
    I don't think it's so much looking for Casters and just happening to pick an artist, but rather just wanting to make an artist into a Servant and Caster happening to be the most fitting Class most of the time (as it lacks the explicitly martial qualifications of most other Classes). And Shakespeare in Apocrypha was chosen specifically because he was a writer, as Amakusa wanted someone to "rewrite" the Grail and remove Angra Mainyu's corruption.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    And Shakespeare in Apocrypha was chosen specifically because he was a writer, as Amakusa wanted someone to "rewrite" the Grail and remove Angra Mainyu's corruption.
    I might be totally misremembering here, but wasn't the Grail in Apocrypha never corrupted to begin with? I thought Amakusa was summoned instead of Angra in that timeline?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Grail was always gucci in Apoc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    If the Apocrypha Grail wasn't corrupted, why could it summon downright evil-aligned figures like Jackie? I thought the Fuyuki Grail only could summon the likes of Gilles after being tainted by Anger Mango?

Quote Originally Posted by Herod View Post
    They will continue to ignore your existence, I suppose.
    Don't you say...
    Last edited by OverMaster; November 18th, 2020 at 09:07 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    If the Apocrypha Grail wasn't corrupted, why could it summon downright evil-aligned figures like Jackie? I thought the Fuyuki Grail only could summon the likes of Gilles after being tainted by Anger Mango?
    It's not corrupted, Darnic just added a new feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by vol 2
    Among those experiences, the Third Holy Grail War sixty years ago had been an uncannily harsh battle, so much so that, even now, he rejoiced at still being alive like this.

Back then, he had the unexpected fortune of finding a path that led to the Greater Grail from a hole he had happened to fall into. He then enticed the German Nazis with skillful words, getting them to send in, under the direct orders of the Führer, a huge military force that one wouldn’t expect to be sent to an allied country like Japan, and had them steal the Greater Grail.

And then, he intentionally arranged for the transport carrying the Greater Grail to pass through Trifas on the way to Germany, and then killed all the magi and soldiers whom he had fought alongside. Following that were days of research and politics. Outwardly towards the Association, he feigned to have the Yggdmillennia clan content itself with the duty of being a receptacle for drop-out magi.

He altered the Greater Grail little by little to adapt it to Trifas. His achievement in making it possible to summon not only pure Heroics Spirits, but also ‘those who only have the aspect of a Heroic Spirit’ could be called an unexpected by-product of the alteration process.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Okay, I got that part wrong (mixed it up with Shirou wanting to annihilate Angra Mainyu, but that was in more of a metaphorical sense and not referring to the Grail specifically). But Shakespeare's rewriting powers through First Folio was part of what allowed Amakusa to enter the Greater Grail, right? That's what I was thinking of.

If I recall correctly, it was something like "with First Folio, Xanadu Matrix and Evil Eater combined, I can control the Greater Grail". I don't recall the specific role of First Folio in all that, though.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    What was the point of Clytie-Gogh honestly?

I mean even the Pseudo-Servants at least have nostalgia to get people invested in them. Clytie Gogh seems even more pointless. There wasn't some other dead artist they could genderbend so they had to literally fake a genderbend with Vincent Van Gogh?
    Imaginary Scramble is supposed to be the big story about Nemo, and Nemo was already established as a character who struggled with a minor identity crisis over being a 50/50 fusion of two completely different beings, so it just makes narrative sense for his story to be co-starred by someone who also has an identity crisis over being a fusion. What's the point in picking Clytie and Van Gogh specifically I still don't know since I'm still about halfway through the event, but the half I already translated shows pretty clearly that the narrative demanded a fusion before it demanded any of its specific parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
    I'd never considered it before, but FGO with Romani as the protagonist actually sounds like a really interesting proposition.
    i retract my previous comment about making Gordolf the MC for part 3

make it Sion and usher in the glorious golden age of Tsukihime remakes, Tsuki 2 and FGO Tsuki content.

then for Part 4 make it Touko or Aoko or something

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Holiday View Post
    If I recall correctly, it was something like "with First Folio, Xanadu Matrix and Evil Eater combined, I can control the Greater Grail". I don't recall the specific role of First Folio in all that, though.
    protag power.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    i retract my previous comment about making Gordolf the MC for part 3

make it Sion and usher in the glorious golden age of Tsukihime remakes, Tsuki 2 and FGO Tsuki content.

then for Part 4 make it Touko or Aoko or something
    Sion would be a perfectly fine MC and she is exactly the kind of person who would try to save the world Chaldea's style.

An Adult Aoko or an adult Touko definitely couldn't be protagonist imo, especially Touko.

other side of Red Garden AmADo VII's Avatar
    lol Atlas magi will not save the world.

never played melty blood?

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post

Chaldea's staff is responsible for the Inceneration of the Human Order and holds at least 50% of the blame for the Lostbelt crisis.

that didnt stop us from playing as part of Chaldea

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I must have forgotten when Goetia was one of the our Chaldea staff members.

Quote Originally Posted by AmADo VII View Post

Sion isn't an Atlas alchemist anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Technically it's all Romani's fault.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Technically it's all Shirou's fault.

We Want to Protect that Head OverMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fire_mountain_30 View Post
    Chaldea's staff is responsible for the Inceneration of the Human Order and holds at least 50% of the blame for the Lostbelt crisis.

that didnt stop us from playing as part of Chaldea
    Guda isn't part of the staff who was responsible for that, though, he just joined later and without any knowledge of any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Guda isn't part of the staff who was responsible for that, though, he just joined later and without any knowledge of any of that.

which entity is listen as Guda's employer on his paycheck?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    Goetia was Romani's thing.

also you had a literal demon pillar as part of their staff, who, had he commited suicide, would have possibly prevented Goetia's plan

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Goetia isn't Chaldea and pretending otherwise is extremely stupid.