Page 362 of 364 FirstFirst ... 262312352357360361362363364 LastLast
Results 7,221 to 7,240 of 7269

Thread: Things that annoy you in TM

  1. #7221
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Given how long Mahoyo took to make, for just one of the chapters Nasu wanted to tell in that one story, I very much doubt we're gonna be seeing too much more of that, tbh.
    Was this a reply to me because I don't see what that has to do with I and castor said?
    Last edited by Laserman; May 26th, 2020 at 01:02 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

    > Making smart decisions


    Pick one


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some


    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.




  2. #7222
    I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Unfortunate.
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    23,385
    JP Friend Code
    892,001,916
    US Friend Code
    870,360,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    Was this a reply to me because I don't see what that has to do with I and castor said?
    Look at the difference between Tsuki's fight choreography & FSN, then FSN & Mahoyo, and how long it took between each one, and how long Tsuki Re's taken to be made. It'd be great if Nasu wrote more in the way of novels, in which case we might get a new work every year or two, but at most we'll get maybe one more VN work with his style of cool as shit fight scenes.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP


  3. #7223
    Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Kernow
    Posts
    5,600
    Blog Entries
    5
    Now that you mention it, I'm surprised that TM hasn't tried to milk more money out of their franchises by making novelisation adaptations out of their pre-existing VNs.

  4. #7224
    not really feeling it tbh Ratman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pilsen
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,181
    JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    1
    In case you're even 30% serious, that wouldn't work because of how integral the game format of routes is to the overall narrative of Tsuki and FSN, and how hard that is to sell in novel format to a person that's brainlet enough to actually read it instead of the original. The only reason UBW anime worked is that people literally thought it was the one and only direct sequel to Fate/Zero. Some of them still believe it to this day.

    They did, however, make a manga of Tsukihime, and a manga of Fate, and a manga of extra, and etc. They're 'good' if you're obsessed but not really. Same thing as a cheap novelisation in the west, because writing a LN is more like making a direct to Netflix show, it can stain your brand if it's not already comparably trashy.

    I like to imagine though, that they gave the Tsuki LN to Meteo.

  5. #7225
    Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Kernow
    Posts
    5,600
    Blog Entries
    5
    I didn't say it would work, just that I was surprised that TM didn't at least try given the LN boom at the time.

    I did enjoy the Tsuki manga though, that was pretty good.

  6. #7226
    not really feeling it tbh Ratman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pilsen
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,181
    JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Look at the difference between Tsuki's fight choreography & FSN, then FSN & Mahoyo, and how long it took between each one, and how long Tsuki Re's taken to be made. It'd be great if Nasu wrote more in the way of novels, in which case we might get a new work every year or two, but at most we'll get maybe one more VN work with his style of cool as shit fight scenes.
    I actually hate this because his style of writing combat, while fresh, is trash. And every single Visual Novel writer that came after Nasu copied it because the straight lines of mostly direct speech paced with mumbo jumbo work for short attention spans. If you had a long one, you'd be reading a real book, but the medium of visual novel still sold itself short.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I'm talking about the Fate iteration specifically, it's largely present in Tsuki, and Mahoyo combat is just him busting his poetic nut to those cool CGs when editors kept telling him to get to the point everywhere else.

  7. #7227
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    In case you're even 30% serious, that wouldn't work because of how integral the game format of routes is to the overall narrative of Tsuki and FSN, and how hard that is to sell in novel format to a person that's brainlet enough to actually read it instead of the original. The only reason UBW anime worked is that people literally thought it was the one and only direct sequel to Fate/Zero. Some of them still believe it to this day.

    They did, however, make a manga of Tsukihime, and a manga of Fate, and a manga of extra, and etc. They're 'good' if you're obsessed but not really. Same thing as a cheap novelisation in the west, because writing a LN is more like making a direct to Netflix show, it can stain your brand if it's not already comparably trashy.

    I like to imagine though, that they gave the Tsuki LN to Meteo.
    You say that but the Nier: Automata LN exists, so they could very well do it (of course it's shit so if you meant "you can't" in that sense, you are right)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.
    Heaven's Feel Manga Archive

  8. #7228
    not really feeling it tbh Ratman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Pilsen
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    4,181
    JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    1
    If you let your title be made worse by a LN, you are lucky if the LN is merely poorly recounting what's already there.

    Now let me tell you about Final Fantasy VII: On Za Wei Tu A Smairu, a novel (lol) by Kazushike Nojima which is the founding stone for Final Fantasy VII Expanded Universe, and about every single fanfiction trope found in it. If Advent Children made no sense to you, that's because you didn't read it. But it would make less sense if you did.

  9. #7229
    After having read the Automata one I think I'll just stay clear of LN adaptations and live in ignorant bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.
    Heaven's Feel Manga Archive

  10. #7230
    Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Kernow
    Posts
    5,600
    Blog Entries
    5
    You haven't lived until you've bought a novel adaptation of an anime adaptation of a novel.

  11. #7231
    Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Where AM I?
    Posts
    9,322
    US Friend Code
    156,137,657
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    In case you're even 30% serious, that wouldn't work because of how integral the game format of routes is to the overall narrative of Tsuki and FSN, and how hard that is to sell in novel format to a person that's brainlet enough to actually read it instead of the original. The only reason UBW anime worked is that people literally thought it was the one and only direct sequel to Fate/Zero. Some of them still believe it to this day.
    It could actually work if you treat each route as a separate novel. The hardest parts would be 1) deciding when to actually start the novels, at the start of the game, or the route split, and 2) All the bad ends, (an appendix at the end with footnotes when the end deviates?). Plus any waifu warriors could only buy their heroines book and pretend that all the other routes don't exist. The VN would still be better for having music and SFX, but a book could go more places than your PC.

    Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt IBO

    DONE!!!!!! 4 years, 1 week.

    Bonus Rounds: Gundam-san Escalflowne Build/Try/Divers

  12. #7232
    Only Half-Troll Cypher Attic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Sea Floor, Pacific Ocean
    Age
    18
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15
    Blog Entries
    2
    Has anyone ever noticed that in the UBW anime there were no less than 3 seperate rescue missions (I think there were 2 in the VN), and 3 Lancer death fakeouts.
    I guess that's how Lancer kept coming back in Carnival Phantasm.
    I think it goes: "I don't trust people like me." — no, that's not it…

  13. #7233
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Twelveseal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Elysium Dream
    Age
    34
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,423
    Blog Entries
    4
    As expected of the Celtic Cockroach.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see




  14. #7234
    Only Half-Troll Cypher Attic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Sea Floor, Pacific Ocean
    Age
    18
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    15
    Blog Entries
    2
    I bet he's still in that mansion,
    eating Kirei
    kicking buckets
    .
    I think it goes: "I don't trust people like me." — no, that's not it…

  15. #7235
    死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,653
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Look at the difference between Tsuki's fight choreography & FSN, then FSN & Mahoyo, and how long it took between each one, and how long Tsuki Re's taken to be made. It'd be great if Nasu wrote more in the way of novels, in which case we might get a new work every year or two, but at most we'll get maybe one more VN work with his style of cool as shit fight scenes.
    they seriously need to either dial back the Mahoyo visuals, or hire more people. It's absolutely ridiculous that they release 1 VN every ~10 years because of how long it takes to script the visuals. Especially so when they have a queue of announced titles

  16. #7236
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six forumghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Age
    30
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    10,231
    JP Friend Code
    697363510
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    they seriously need to either dial back the Mahoyo visuals, or hire more people. It's absolutely ridiculous that they release 1 VN every ~10 years because of how long it takes to script the visuals. Especially so when they have a queue of announced titles

    You're tripping balls if you think the reason for the release taking so long is because of anything other then the fact that F/GO is earning so much money that Takeuchi and Nasu can sleep on a pile of Gold like a fucking Dragon while never having to put any real work in.

  17. #7237
    love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    world-0 (also know as "here")
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,987
    Blog Entries
    1
    But i thought Nasu wanted to tell this story. If not, why even release the first part of it?


    here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

    Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

  18. #7238
    リビングデッド Living Dead TheSkipRow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Somewhere in Europe
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    95
    I suppose he also wants to have food on his table.

    He also wanted to tell Tsukihime 2, as shown by Talk and Prelude, but then Fate/Stay Night started bringing in the big bucks and that got sidelined until the heat death of the universe.

  19. #7239
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Brasil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    7,288
    Was it like that? The way I've been told the story, the sentiment was more like "there's not much point to making a sequel to Tsukihime".
    My fanfics:
    The Gift (F/SN): The last duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (F/SN): Shinji X Shirou lemon
    He Was a Good King (F/SN): Was Beowulf a good king?
    A Fairy Tale of Love and Death (F/SN): A meeting between Scáthach and King Hassan.
    Palingenetic Descension (Tsukihime): The origin of the Tohno family's hybrid nature.

  20. #7240
    Beats By Matthew ft. Dr. Para Rafflesiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    34,660
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    US Friend Code
    793848092
    Blog Entries
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    But i thought Nasu wanted to tell this story. If not, why even release the first part of it?
    He cared about it back then
    Supports:


    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •