Page 278 of 388 FirstFirst ... 178228268273276277278279280283288328378 ... LastLast
Results 5,541 to 5,560 of 7759

Thread: Things that annoy you in TM

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My response to that would be my post several post before this

That is, its personal preference.
    From the examples youve brought up about, the only one i would legitimately agree with you is JaguarMan's existence.

I simply disagree with you with the rest of the example, in regards to how the tonal difference is handled, the character and overall plot notwithstanding. Because from my experience, there arent really any weird tonal shift.

What you find as flowbreaking tonal dissonancy and list as an example, i dont find it as such. Or at least, not to the degree that you do.
    Its not a crime if i have different view and opinion, no?

Now, if your argument is how the plot is handled for older chapters, tjat would be a different matter.

Cmiiw, but from what i can gather, the tldr of your point is that essentially, FgO's writing is handled poorly.

Now, ive said this before, as in before this particular convo; that is true for the older chapters. I admit as such.

But as of now, that problem is pretty much nonexistent already.

Pardon me for what would a rant piece.
    Later chapters, credits due to how the plot is much more polished, gives credence to better scene transition.

In camelot, i dont see the lighthearted scene of how DaVinci showing her invention to pass through the desert to be jarring. It fits enough of her character thay it would be even weirder if she doesnt do so. Arash scene isnt really comedic so much as showing off how good Arash at archery; thats more of a establishing moment of character.

In Babylon, the lighthearted scenes are mostly from where we stay in Uruk helping Gil finishin odd jobs. It serves well in showing how thenpeople of Uruk lives, which also serves as motivation for us to fight for them.

In shinjuku, its to show profM's temperament as our ally, which serves as an actual plot point.

In shimousa, the lighthearted scenes are actually super soothing, showimg the lives of peeps on the city, while also serves to drive the fact that history is skewed very much in this sub singularity.

And yadda yadda.

Here's the problem.

Do people talk about those.? No.
    What i kept on hearing is the minus during FGO early days, while also nitpicking on the minus of later chapters that are currently translated, and they latch on it, as if FGO has not improved at all, as if none of the good parts which has become much more prominent in later chapters are existent, as if those bad writings are so big of an issue rhat is still an issue on later chapters.

Pardon. But what the fuck?

Why are people still talking about thw bad parts that are nonexistent anymore?
    Why are people nitpicks 1 thing from a legitimately good chapter, and act exaggeratingly as if it ruins everything?
    Why are people focusing on the bad parts of the past?
    Do they really hate FGO, blindingly so, that they HAD to latch on the bad parts and just wont let go, despite how much progress it had achieved?

I find this disgusting.

- - - Updated - - -

Now ill have good banana and go to sleep.
    Last edited by castor212; October 1st, 2018 at 11:56 AM.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Blog Entries
    Not sure why you said you are fine with people disliking FGO, when you clearly are not fine with people disliking FGO
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Blog Entries
    Because i find most dislikes to not be dislikes.

Just blind hate.

Which is dumb and im not fine with.

I have my share of friends IRL who said "its a gacha game man. I hate those, ew."
    "Read the youtube playthrough, i dont like the premise of large scale like this, i prefer small scale hgw like in the original VN."
    "Too much alter, i cant, just cant"

Dont have problems with those.
    Last edited by castor212; October 1st, 2018 at 12:13 PM.

Blog Entries
    He's not fine ppl unjustifiably, blindly disliking fgo, methinks

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilm View Post
    Not sure why you said you are fine with people disliking FGO, when you clearly are not fine with people disliking FGO
    Its about disliking Fgo for its actual bad-points, mistakes and flaws and not disliking Fgo for stuff that aren't actually that bad or for stuff that actually does fit with the story. That's the idea I got after reading Castor's point
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Blog Entries
    I could give tens of justifiable reasons for me to dislike it, but I am afraid I'd be banned if I do.

Also as you have tried to say countless times, there are many reasons to dislike something that comes down to taste, saying it's wrong to express those dislikes is in fact not being able to handle people disliking things you like.
    Last edited by Nihilm; October 1st, 2018 at 12:12 PM.
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Blog Entries
    I thought ur sleeping
    It's 11 pm go to bed already

Blog Entries
    it's wrong to express those dislikes is in fact not being able to handle people disliking things you like.
    Please dont put words in my mouth. I never said that.
    Im fine with people expressing dislikes, as long as its reasonable. And justifiable.

Believe it or not but im glad i had this talk with Marmadillo. He's logical, reasonable and doesnt overexaggerate (much). I respect that. The rant part is not aimed at him, its more of a.... general thing.

More often than not tho, itz
    "Lol gacha game the story is totally shit for sure"
    Blind and dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 34 View Post
    I thought ur sleeping
    It's 11 pm go to bed already
    Fiiiine
    Last edited by castor212; October 1st, 2018 at 12:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Believe it or not but im glad i had this talk with Marmadillo. He's logical, reasonable and doesnt overexaggerate (much). I respect that. The rant part is not aimed at him, its more of a.... general thing.
    He was the only person you are talking to, so what prompted this rant if not him.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Blog Entries
    Past comments, not necessarily connected to this particular convo or thread or BL.

The rant is expression of my accumulated annoyance.

This seems to be a fitting thread to unloads those, considering the title of the thread.

Blog Entries
    Not sure about releasing your personal frustration at someone you don't think deserves it, but perhaps you should relax and not fight the invisible specter of banned dullahan.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Wait, he's banned? Was it the racial slur?

Blog Entries
    He's temped

20.06.2014 Never forget

Blog Entries
    absolute heresy
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    He's temped
    Still a surprise considering what he was able to get away with for a while.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I have beef with Marm, update your support list with event CEs and get a damn lunchtime reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    i am sorry, it's too much work

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    fyi this is a wonderful sentence

As Tamacat would say "Mu~hu~hu"

- - - Updated - - -

This isn't exactly on topic, but I come to the epiphany that the reason I like Tamacat so much is that, ironically, she's the Tamamo that makes the most sense

like OG Tamamo is all teenage girl waifu training one moment then scheming schemer who schemes another then again whore of babylon courtesan of Heian and back to hubby shenanigans and it just leaves her sounding bipolar and not making sense

but Tamacat's whole schtick is that she's consistently inconsistent so it makes perfect sense

it's like the old drug ad but replace crack with Mad Enhancement
    Last edited by Deathhappens; October 1st, 2018 at 07:59 PM.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    Not sure about releasing your personal frustration at someone you don't think deserves it, but perhaps you should relax and not fight the invisible specter of banned dullahan.
    I wasnt

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Still a surprise considering what he was able to get away with for a while.
    What are you talking about, lately he gets temped as soon as he sneezes in the negative (which may or may not be deserved, I don't know how much slack he got before), typically the same day the previous ban expires. Heck, I'm surprised he hasn't gotten to the permastage given the cooldowns on those temps never expire.

- - - Updated - - -

Because i find most dislikes to not be dislikes.

Just blind hate.

Which is dumb and im not fine with.

I have my share of friends IRL who said "its a gacha game man. I hate those, ew."
    "Read the youtube playthrough, i dont like the premise of large scale like this, i prefer small scale hgw like in the original VN."

Dont have problems with those.
    Just because you don't find them to be "legitimate" dislikes doesn't mean the people voicing them are just saying them to be contrarian or 'haters'. That's a you problem, I think.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, I also disagree with Ratman's assertion that FGO never takes itself seriously, and the mix of comedy with serious scenes IS an old staple of Nasu's, but still. You have to be aware of the limitations of your own viewpoint.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.