Page 354 of 388 FirstFirst ... 254304344349352353354355356359364 ... LastLast
Results 7,061 to 7,080 of 7759

Thread: Things that annoy you in TM

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Didn't Caenis said (s)he was going to rape Anastasia in front of Kadoc?

JP Friend Code
    Yeah that's why Anastasia calls him a disgusting vulgar man

Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    All efforts to find a 'point' at which things went downhill are misguided. All such determinations of specific 'points' will not stand up to scrutiny. The seeds of decline were present from the very beginning. What is essential is to see how they grew.

If you have recently experienced LB5 and thought 'wow, this is fucking retarded' - yes, exactly. Correct. But not sufficient. If, as left has drawn to attention, you were 'okay' with FGO up to this point, you must re-examine those experiences of being 'okay' with it. You will discover, if you're honest, that the fucking retardation was not a recent addition. The fucking retardation has been here from the beginning, and because it was fed, it grew and grew until - like mould, or cancer, or a yeast infection - it could no longer be ignored. The calls are coming from inside the house.
    I'd agree with most of this even if your mostly shitposting, A lot of the current issues with TM have been around for a loooonnngg time.

It's just they have become more egregious over time till we reach this point where we get references instead of actual characters as servants or gods.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    - had persistently settled for his human frame, but now he finally reveal his other side as a god. It's usually impossible for Divine Spirits to be summoned as Heroic Spirits in Grand Classes, but as he was deeply involved in the human history and remained human as he became an ultimate god, he's a super-exception, summoned as Grand Lancer in the 5th Lostbelt after a multitude of miracles.
    ...That's not an exception, much less a super-exception. That's one positive out of test group of seven. That's a 14,28% chance of apotheosis for all we are shown. You're not making it cooler by calling it an exception, you're just making it more ridiculous. You can't simultaneously profit from the awe of standing out of line and the satisfaction of functioning within a previously established system, pick one. You can't have it both ways. You can't have your cake and eat it too in front of the reader's eyes while jacking off. stop

Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    ...That's not an exception, much less a super-exception. That's one positive out of test group of seven. That's a 14,28% chance of apotheosis for all we are shown. You're not making it cooler by calling it an exception, you're just making it more ridiculous. You can't simultaneously profit from the awe of standing out of line and the satisfaction of functioning within a previously established system, pick one. You can't have it both ways. You can't have your cake and eat it too in front of the reader's eyes while jacking off. stop
    Plus the fact the rule was barely hinted at + this is the first one to be apotheosis and it already breaks the rules.

Also can i just say i fucking hate skills that tell us nothing about what they do, this is in his mats and its getting worse over time for every writer.

Blog Entries
    Laziness at its finest.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratman View Post
    ...That's not an exception, much less a super-exception. That's one positive out of test group of seven.
    There is no stated limit on the number of Grand Candidates though.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastedspider View Post
    There is no stated limit on the number of Grand Candidates though.
    True, but there is the out of universe thing where they will prob not make more than one grand for certain classes due to lack of story relevance or 'what we have now is good enough' which I suspect will be for grand caster outside of MAYBE seimei

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    Orion isn't exactly the most famous or prominent hero of Classical Mythology but still a Grand.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Maybe, but his constellation is famous and well-known, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Like, is there any mentions of a special belt Orion used, or that is entirely a reference to his constellation?

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

JP Friend Code
    I mean, there is one version of the legend where he got offed because he swore to hunt every last animal on Earth

Which I guess speaks to what what an absolute master hunter he was

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    Like, is there any mentions of a special belt Orion used, or that is entirely a reference to his constellation?
    These chapters aint called lost belts for no reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by the god of world-0 View Post
    It's a reference to his constellation in real life (as the 3 stars there can be visualized as a belt), though in FGO his belt is a VDay's gift to us.

JP Friend Code
    I believe the question was if it had any special effects

I do believe it's just an asterism (not that one) and not some magical object Orion had in legend?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Richard Hinckley Allen lists many folk names for the Belt of Orion. English ones include: Jacob's Rod or Jacob's Staff; Peter's Staff; the Golden Yard-arm; The L, or Ell; The Ell and Yard; the Yard-stick, and the Yard-wand; the Ellwand; Our Lady's Wand; the Magi / the Three Kings; the Three Marys; or simply the Three Stars.

The passage "Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion?" is found in the Bible's Book of Job and Book of Amos. Tennyson's poem The Princess describes Orion's belt as:
    ...those three stars of the airy Giant's zone,
    That glitter burnished by the frosty dark.

The three stars of the belt are known in Portugal and South America as Las Tres Marías in Spanish, and as "As Três Marias" in Portuguese. They also mark the northern night sky when the Sun is at its lowest point, and were a clear marker for ancient timekeeping. In the Philippines and Puerto Rico, they are called the Los Tres Reyes Magos. The stars start appearing in early January around the time of Epiphany, the Christian holiday commemorating the visit of the Magi to the Child Jesus.

In Finnish mythology, the Belt of Orion is called Väinämöisen vyö (Väinämöinen's Belt). The stars which appear to "hang" off the belt form an asterism called Kalevanmiekka (Kaleva's sword). In pre-Christian Scandinavia, the belt was known as Frigg's Distaff (Friggerock) or Freyja's distaff. Similarly Jacob's Staff and Peter's Staff were European biblical derived terms, as were the Three Magi, or the Three Kings. Väinämöinen's Scythe (Kalevala) and Kalevan Sword are terms from Finnish mythology.
    It's just a fancy star pattern, tho people have ascribed it various importance and mythy things in various places around the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One forumghost's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    The Galaxy is on Orion's Belt.

This is less my own original opinion and more what I saw and I can't help but agree with.

Gilgamesh allegedly has such a strong ego all the worlds evil couldnt alter him yet his mentality bends like a reed in a river to the era he is summoned, that bothers me quite a bit

JP Friend Code
    By request
    Blog Entries
    That's just Nasu's way to retcon Gil's awfulness in vanilla FSN once he realized people liked the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by celsius View Post
    If Saber and Shirou got married... Would that make Shirou the Queen of Britain?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    That's just Nasu's way to retcon Gil's awfulness in vanilla FSN once he realized people liked the guy.
    Yeah I know it's a post ad-hoc justification but it still makes no sense considering the state of the extra-verse itself.