Page 1 of 7 1236 ... LastLast

Thread: Jojo Stand Ideas

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jojo Stand Ideas

Thinking of posting this in the all-purpose Jojo thread but, aw heck I might as well make my own. This is a thread where you can present your own imagined ideas for Stands from the manga/anime series Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. Basically, come up with a funky superpower (the more weird/conceptual/esoteric the better), find a vaguely fitting band name to match and voila! You've got yourself a Stand. Free ORAORAOROA's not included. Here's one of my own to kick things off.

Velvet Goldmine:

Appearance: Velvet Goldmine takes the shape of a scrawny, mechanical looking bird usually perched on the user's shoulder. Its feathers are primarily colored red, fading out into a dark blue color along the outer reaches of its wings. Symbols representing thermodynamic variables are scrawled all along its body, and its feet trail off into wickedly curved talons. When the Stand's ability is active, these talons lengthen and turn translucent, becoming more like tendrils of ethereal light to fully enclose a given region of space.

Power- E

Speed- B

Range- C

Durability- E

Precision- A

Potential- A

Abilities: Velvet Goldmine's most apparent power is that of temperature and heat manipulation. By fully enclosing its talons around a certain area of space, Velvet Goldmine is capable of completely manipulating temperature within the selected region. The most common usages of this are to flash-freeze a given target through greatly reducing their temperature to near-zero or create sudden fires by applying immense heat, almost like a magnifying glass. In most cases, the Stand's user will rely simply on these applications and keep the true extent of his Stand's abilities concealed from his opponents.

However, in reality temperature manipulation is only a limited manifestation of Velvet Goldmine's true power which is controlling Entropy itself- the phenomenon of order and decay governing physical matter. Its apparent power over temperature is in fact an application of the 'Maxwell's Demon' hypothesis, that a theoretical demon could violate the Second Law of Thermodynamics by selectively controlling the flow of hot and cold atoms between two systems.

By controlling Entropy itself, Velvet Goldmine is capable of undoing change and decay and even reviving the recently dead at maximum power. However, extensive applications of this Stand's ability demand an intense amount of spiritual energy from the user, running the risk of killing them outright if used carelessly. The Stand itself is also very fragile to balance its exceptionally versatile power and can easily be demolished by a single blow from the likes of Star Platinum in straight-up combat.

----------------------------------------------------------------

So, whaddya' think? Is it 'bizarre' enough? If you're wondering what the thought process behind the name and ability is, Velvet Goldmine, as well as a David Bowie song, is also the name of a movie which features a song called 'The Story Of Maxwell Demon'. A bit of a stretch to be sure, but I couldn't find any more direct Maxwell's Demon references from music (other than one band which seemed altogether far too recent and obscure to be one Araki would choose)

Anyone's free to have fun and post their own Stand ideas here if they want. I might come back here and write up one or two more depending on how popular this is...

JP Friend Code
    Well, a while ago I was discussing with a friend and came up with something along the lines of:

「MONEY MONEY MONEY」 
    Power, Speed, Durability: E
    Range: C
    Precision: A
    Potential: iunno, C works I guess, I don't really care

Ability: MMM's user can steal 'motivation' from people in the form of coins.

By placing the user's dominant hand on the victim's forehead, the stand(that latches onto the user's dominant arm) can draw out gold coins. By doing so, the victim loses motivation, and they lose more if more coins are withdrawn. Here, 'motivation' can be defined as the mental instinct to act. By lowering an opponent's motivation, MMM can make the opponent fight less effectively, or if given enough time, get rid of the opponent's desire to fight altogether. Taken to its logical conclusion, if MMM draws out all 'motivation' from an individual, he loses the will to live and would disappear.

MMM can also put coins back into other people, and that increases their 'motivation'. If a coin touches the skin on any part of the body, the skin turns into a coin slot that will accept it. Unlike with withdrawing coins, MMM's user does not need to initiate skin contact and can opt to throw coins. MMM itself serves as a very accurate third arm that can throw coins at the speed of 90km/h. By giving motivation at the wrong moments, MMM can force people to act when the situation least demands it. With more motivation, people feel less doubt and become less analytical, whereas with less motivation people become more passive and more prone to paranoia. By properly controlling the victim's mental state, MMM can easily win impossible-seeming fights.

The coins that MMM draw out do not exist in the physical world, and only stand users can see them. They do not physically interact with anything other than people and cannot be stored somewhere else as they would simply fall through the ground. The user is limited in how many coins he can carry in both of his hands and MMM's hand. Of course, the user can also store coins within himself but that risks making himself overmotivated and overconfident. An average person going about with their daily lives has anywhere from five to ten coins in their head(the Japanese average is three).

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ballroom Blitz

makes things shiny

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I should revive that JoJo RP we had a couple years back.

These were my personal, unused favorites.

Pacman Fever

Power: C
    Speed: B
    Range: D
    Endurance: D
    Precision: A
    Potential: A

Type: Remote-Control

Appearance: A perfectly round, yellow head sits on top of the shoulder of a figure dressed in a one-piece black and blue jumpsuit with maze print and a large Ghost-shaped belt buckle. Has oversized, chameleon-like eyes that pop out of the sides of its head and can probably look 360-degrees around it. The eyes have bright red, cherry shaped pupils. Also has a permanently open, wide slit mouth with blocky teeth. Jutting slightly from the Stand's elbows and knees, like pads, are classic "ball handle" joysticks. Body type: scrawnier rather than slim. Arms: lanky, with pronounced fingers. Also wears a backpack, with three other Ghost badges pinned to the arm strap.

Powers:
    Jump In/Jump Out- Can draw in, remove living beings from video games. The area of effect increases as the Stand develops.
    Gamemaster- Reprograms games to determine the rules of a game and the roles of the players within it. Determines whether itself or other players are treated as "avatars" or as a glitch in the system. This in-game authority may not affect those with strong wills/presences.
    Power On- So long as there is a game and an appropriate device to play it the game may be played whether or not it is connected to a power source. By acting as the power source, Pacman Fever allows for wireless play.
    Playtime- The greatest and most draining ability of Pacman Fever, it allows the Stand to remove objects from the game world and bring them into reality. Objects are limited by in-game mechanics (Ammo/MP/RNG/Stamina/etc.) and the size of the screen for the game's system (no Lamborghinis from standard desktop monitors allowed, hotshot). The vaguely pixelated objects are bound to a form in the real world until they "run out" and are usable by character other than the Stand and its wielder.

Cheeseburger in Paradise

Power: C > ???
    Speed: D > ???
    Range: C
    Durability: D > ???
    Precision: C
    Potential: B

Type: Close-Combat Stand

Appearance: Looks exactly like an oversized burger that casually floats in the air. Until it lifts its top up like a lid, which then reveals a mouth full of predatory, knife teeth. All of its fixings undulate as if the Stand possesses a set of multiple tongues.

Power(s):
    Take-Out...- With the exception of its meat patty, the direct analogy to the User's own tongue, Cheeseburger in Paradise is able to launch all of its toppings like hurtling projectile weapons. The fixings - by default lettuce, tomato, pickle chips, red onion, a slice of cheese and a fried egg - shot like this move at such a velocity that they can easily cut into flesh and slice off unsuspecting limbs. They need to be recovered by hand and manually reinserted into the Stand to regain their dangerous edge.

...With Everything On it!- Cheeseburger in Paradise is able to consume living matter and incorporate it into its own self, adding to its fully loaded layers. This ability works even with mutilated Stand remains, and any parts taken retain the original properties that they would have had when still attached to their old host. The variability of a Stand's personal stats (Strength, Speed, Defensive Capability) account for the variability in Cheeseburger's own.

I'm fond of using multiple abilities per Stand because it maximizes the potential for hammy Engrish.
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; December 3rd, 2016 at 09:49 PM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    jojo stands are really cool to make because songs

- - - Updated - - -

and bands
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Cheeseburger in Paradise's NPC was a hitman who had noshed on a User who had a Stand called Death Cab, which was an indestructible taxi that they used to travel the world, even cross the bottom of the sea. Cool stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    jojo stands are really cool to make because songs

- - - Updated - - -

and bands
    my guilty pleasure
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

Blog Entries
    These are some pretty cool ideas. Random's cheeseburger one is lulz worthy, while Agatha's money one is abstract and weird enough that it feels like something Araki might actually include. Nice job! I might be posting a few more of mine in the next few days, depending on if inspiration strikes me...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Ballroom Blitz

makes things shiny
    I actually read a fanfic recently with a Stand named Ballroom Blitz whose power was to detach 'spots' from its body which develop into miniature black holes.

In case anybody cares, the fic in question was a Madoka Magica x Jojo crossover called 「Soul Gem Is Unbreakable」. Pretty good stuff actually, though it unfortunately got discontinued at some point. The author has a rewrite in the works, but it doesn't seem to have gotten very far yet...

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Also, thread moved to doujin because we're making things up based on a pre-existing work. Have fun!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    Also, thread moved to doujin because we're making things up based on a pre-existing work. Have fun!
    Huh. My Bungou Stray Dogs authors thread (which was pretty similar) never got moved. I guess no mod ever noticed it?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Alright, since everyone is being serious with ideas, I may as well be too. This is probably what my stand would be. Rapid-fire fisticuffs are included.

B A L L R O O M B L I T Z

Destructive Power: C
    Speed: B
    Range: D
    Endurance: B
    Precision: B
    Potential: A

Type: Close-Combat Stand

Appearance: A humanoid figure akin to a white mannequin with disco ball for a head and wearing many, many belts draped across and hanging off its body.

Power(s):
    Light Manipulation - The power to shape, manipulate and create visible light. An electromagnetic radiation visible to the human eye. However the user is currently only capable of creating light imprinted on physical objects. In other words, by posing dramatically and gesturing towards an object it can become "Shiny". It can make basically any object "Shiny", whether it be something large like a building or small such as the inside of someones glasses to blind them. It appears to only make objects shiny that are in its line of sight.

Enhanced Physical Prowess - Ballroom Blitz possesses superhuman strength capable of breaking down walls with a small number of blows. As common to short-range humanoid Stands, it is also capable of extremely rapid hand-to-hand combat/melee attack. It can also outpace other stands in close combat. It is also precise and able to thrown objects on-target from a far distance and even deflect bullets. However it cannot match high level stands such as Crazy Diamond or Star Platinum.

Personality:
    Unlike most stands, Ballroom Blitz possesses its own will and ego. Especially ego. It like to manifest itself and sit on the highest things possible and will hang of a lamppost if that's the closest thing. It also has a tendency to pose and show off when it can and "Laugh" at people, note that it is not capable of speech but makes this peculiar grating noise that one could consider to be laughter. This hatred for subtly can lead to arguments with its user which it is often at odds with.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; December 28th, 2016 at 07:20 AM.

Blog Entries
    Pretty good stuff. Here's the other Stand idea I had in mind while making this thread.

Devil's Dancefloor:

Appearance: A short, impish looking mechanical figure colored dark red, with insectoid eyes. A pair of goat-like horns stick up from either side of its head, one of which is broken off at the base. The word 'DIABLO' is tattooed across its forehead at a slight angle.

Power- D

Speed- A

Range- B

Durability- D

Precision- E

Potential- E

Ability: Devil's Dancefloor has a simple, yet highly dangerous ability. By reaching down and touching it with its palm, this Stand is capable of turning all ground within its active range into 'lava'. The ground visibly appears unchanged but any living being to touch it will begin to rapidly burn and melt as if they were in contact with molten magma. This only affects living creatures, furniture and other inanimate objects will remain unaffected atop the 'lava'. The Stand's user is also affected, and must find some higher source of elevation before activating their Stand lest they be scalded by the 'lava' as well. Essentially, this Stand forces the user and their opponents to engage in a battle reminiscent of the children's game 'The Floor Is Hot Lava'. Since the Stand's user (a disturbed young assassin boy with a playful sense of sadism) is extremely good at such games, he holds the advantage more often than not.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gonna have to drag some of my old creations outta the bowls of the Jojo forums. Here's the only one I can remember off hand.

Lullaby of Birdland

Appearance - A small bluebird (like Robin in Mahoyo) that often rests on the user's shoulder.

Stat Card: Power - E, Speed - A, Range - A, Durability - C, Precision - B, Development Potential - D

Ability: The bluebird lets out a song of varying frequencies which can do things from making your ears bleed to destabilising the molecular structure of buildings and such.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Danger! High Voltage:

Appearance: A very tall, mechanical figure colored black and silver. It has unnaturally lanky arms mainly composed of interwoven black electrical cables, with hands resembling oversized woolly mittens. The Stand's 'head' resembles a large electrical box with open circuits visible (think Canti and his TV head from FLFCL) and its name is plastered all across its body in the fashion of red warning labels, giving a somewhat garish appearance.

Power- C

Speed- B

Range- C

Durability- C

Precision- B

Potential- B

Abilities: Danger! High Voltage is a Stand with a simple, yet deadly power well reflecting its name. By rubbing its oversized mitten hands together at hyper-accelerated speeds, the Stand is capable of generating powerful static electricity in its palms. By spreading its palms outwards (think a reverse Hadouken gesture) it can release the accumulated static in powerful bursts which can short-circuit machinery, burn flesh and potentially send people and objects flying backwards depending on the electrical force.

While this alone can be a fairly powerful attack, the Stand's true potential is far more insidious. Danger! High Voltage can 'infuse' electrical potential into any (conductive) object by rubbing its hands against it, greatly magnifying the natural amount of static electricity contained within. Anyone who touches the object in question afterwards will receive a 'shocking' surprise as the infused charge is released outwards immediately in a potentially deadly static burst.

Depending on the level of charge, the results can vary between a unpleasant but harmless static shock to a literal explosion of electricity frying everything in the vicinity. This makes the Stand ideal for the purpose of setting traps, as potentially any conductive object can become deadly if infused with a great enough charge.

This ability can also be used against living beings. From even the slightest brush of one of its hands across any part of the target, the Stand can thereby place a special 'charge' inside their body. Differing from the charges placed in inanimate objects, this 'charge' will increase in potential every time the target rubs against something. While initially so weak as to be unnoticable, simple actions such as touching a doorknob, picking up an object or even merely walking will build up the charge until it eventually fries the target's body from within.

This essentially puts the target on a time-limit in defeating the Stand's user (and thereby nullifying their ability) before the charge inside them reaches a lethal level, reminiscent to the Eastern martial arts techniques in movies said to be able to kill someone after they took a certain number of steps.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funny story, I actually got the idea for this Stand after being zapped by static electricity while exiting my car. That suddenly got me thinking about static electricity and how it could make for an interesting Jojo-esque power. This basically ended up a combination of Killer Queen with Red Hot Chili Peppers, but I'm fairly proud of it all in all. The band name I used is kind of too modern and silly to be something Araki would use, but it fits well enough and I couldn't be bothered trawling through the list of electricity related song/album titles to find anything more suitable. (I guess I could've picked something unrelated, I mean it's not like Jojo Stands usually have any obvious relation with the song they're named after...)
    Last edited by RoydGolden; February 14th, 2018 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Fiddled with the paragraph spacing

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Has anyone had any idea what the stands of (hinted/non user) characters like Holly would be like?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I can see that last one appearing in Jojo - probably as a reoccurring villain.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Holly's was probably Hermit Purple. All those vines.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Has anyone had any idea what the stands of (hinted/non user) characters like Holly would be like?
    Well, Holly's Pseudo-Stand takes the form of Raspberries and Thorns so most theories I've seen revolve around her being able to create/control plant life with these thorns. Kinda like "The Grapes of Wrath" from Bungou, but with vines instead of roots.

As for what it'd be called, I was thinking something like "Mother Rose", "Cherry Blossom Girl", "Bramble Rose" or "Wildflower".

Holly's Almost Stand

Blog Entries
    Whatever it was, I imagine it'd be a mostly defensive/protective ability. Can't see Holly as the violent type.

Also, it always is fun to find a thread you posted up a while ago is suddenly getting reception again.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Well, Holly's Pseudo-Stand takes the form of Raspberries and Thorns so most theories I've seen revolve around her being able to create/control plant life with these thorns. Kinda like "The Grapes of Wrath" from Bungou, but with vines instead of roots.

As for what it'd be called, I was thinking something like "Mother Rose", "Cherry Blossom Girl", "Bramble Rose" or "Wildflower".

Holly's Almost Stand
    "Mother Rose" sounds about right for the name. I always thought of vines manifesting and going into people to restore life force or something - something to do with her nurturing nature.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    I should revive that JoJo RP we had a couple years back.
    I'd be down for it.

Blog Entries
    Anyway, back to original Stands. Another one I dredged up, I created this one just after reading Part 7 so it definitely feels more in lieu of that style.

Built For Speed

Appearance - A pair of greaves that wrap around the user's legs.

Stat Card - Destructive Power: N/A, Speed: A, Range: E, Durability: A, Precision: B, Development Potential: C.

Ability - This Stand allows the user control over their own velocity, allowing them to accelerate and decelerate rapidly for super speed or for slowing down like if you jumped of a building to slow your descent. Sadly, this only applies to the user and cannot slow down external things like bullets or if you were in a crashing car.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Stand idea for a user scared of responsibility, perhaps a soon to be father.

His stand is literally a pile of eggs that tend to roll around by themselves. If they break, so will he due to the damage transferral rule.