Page 436 of 491 FirstFirst ... 336386426431434435436437438441446486 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,720 of 9818

Thread: Fate/Apocrypha Anime (no spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Kromy View Post
    Despite Apocrypha being garbage i can't fucking throw that feeling that i liked it more than UBW 2014, that's weird.
    Apoc at least have much better music. UBW's music is so boring.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    one time the sakuga exploded and then i was okay with this anime

higashide never touch any type moon thing again

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think there's a single writer among the current team who so reliably manages to miss the point of the source he's supposed to work with, good job.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    one time the sakuga exploded and then i was okay with this anime

higashide never touch any type moon thing again

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think there's a single writer among the current team who so reliably manages to miss the point of the source he's supposed to work with, good job.
    I heard Sakurai is pretty bad too.

Blog Entries
    sakurai has the benefit of the doubt via having produced actually worthwhile things

- - - Updated - - -

ngl the fact that a significant amount of something i care about is in the hands of this person feels me with the kind of existential dread hardcore oldschool SW fans mustve felt when they saw EP1 and realized there will be another 2

they give him the training wheels of using characters made by people so much better at this than him and even then the most memorable moment of his work is the part where everything exploded 3 times having not been annihilated the first 2 times for convenient reasons

Sakurai's low is worse than Higashide's low.

Labyrinth and Septem can actually kill people by giving them hemorrhage reading it

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Astroprogs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Apoc at least have much better music. UBW's music is so boring.
    Ditto. Apocrypha's music is leagues above ufoUBW for me.

Blog Entries
    Last time I talked to a rune reader about Labyrinth they liked it, at the very least it seems to be divisive

the highest endorsement ap ever got was "well its not really bad"

Wait, apocrypha has other music than that one leitmotif that keeps playing all the time?

Color me surprised
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

I can live with Apo. There are genuinely some good moments even though overall it's terrible. Furthermore Higashide has written good stuffs like Orleans and Okeanos. Orleans is above average with some good moments and interaction while Okeanos is a positive experience. The worst i'd call Higashide is that he is inconsistent and he isn't that well-suited to Type-Moon stuffs but he can definitely do something right.

I can' think of a single positive thing about Septem. Sakurai wrote that like she doesn't even want to fucking bother. If there's anyone that need axing I'd rather axe Sakurai in a heartbeat. I can't even think of anything lengthy enough that Sakurai wrote for Fate that I like. Maybe Shinjuku but I've always thought Shinjuku is overrated anyway

Blog Entries
    That said reading this thread you'd think Sieg is the main problem of this adaption, idk why nobody ever gets hung up on the fact that most heroic spirits are just presented in the blandest way. Not like I expect Shirou Except Not Interesting to wow me. I do expect some cool moments from Servants or Masters regardless of a bland protagonist though. I guess this shows that writing the Sieg plot doesn't make your work bad by itself, it just means that by hinging your entire plot on such a thematic and character NOTHING you betray a more fundamental lack of understanding what makes a story actually like, good.

tl;dr apo isnt bad because of sieg, apo is just bad and sieg is an obvious way of showing it

JP Friend Code
    This whole “Sakurai sucks because of Septem” thing people keep spouting needs to die

Quote Originally Posted by Magikewl View Post
    This whole “Sakurai sucks because of Septem” thing people keep spouting needs to die
    Sakurai suck because 90% of what she wrote for T-M suck. Septem is just one of the worst offenders.

There, happy ?

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by savepoints View Post
    Wait, apocrypha has other music than that one leitmotif that keeps playing all the time?

Color me surprised
    Yeah i can't remember a single track other than the main one which feel that it gets used a lot, UBW music sucked too.

Thankfully HF and Extra got better composer.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Yes, Septem was awful. But Sakurai has written actually good stuff. Okeanos was just ok, and Higa's rest...

Demon Lord of the Round Table Cipher One's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Still, having Jeanne do it would undermine the point that the dead shouldn't dictate how the living, well, live.

How does that logic work when the one she's fighting against is a Servant himself? Second, that statement is kinda hypocritical in itself considering that Jeanne is doing just that by preventing Amakusa's plan, aka basically dictating how she thinks people should live. But that's another topic entirely and one I'm not really going to delve into.

At the very least, if Sieg were to partake in the fight, then let Jeanne take Amakusa on for a while before she dies then let Sieg take the bastard on himself. Starting off with La Pucelle just felt so stupid a move and it wasted a chance to see Jeanne in what could've have been her final bout in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Yes, Septem was awful. But Sakurai has written actually good stuff. Okeanos was just ok, and Higa's rest...
    Name your "good stuffs"

Apocrypha is a seminal work in which Higashide pioneered the theme of banging cutouts of action figures against each other while making whoosing noises that would later be fine-tuned to perfection in Fate/Grand Order. It's sad to see his important contribution to the eradication of any mystique or significance the concept of Servants and Grail Wars ever held go unacknowledged, but great artists must bear that burden stoically.

- - - Updated - - -

Except for Karna. Karna fucking owns.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    ngl the fact that a significant amount of something i care about is in the hands of this person feels me with the kind of existential dread hardcore oldschool SW fans mustve felt when they saw EP1 and realized there will be another 2
    same but about nasu

Blog Entries
    I need to listed to OST on its own before making conclusions but Apo has very little in terms of good soundtrack going by fresh impressions of anime. Jacks theme is the only one which i can recall as "rly good". Main tracks are decent but they are reused so much they got stale even before anime finished airing.

UBW soundtrack was a little bit dissapointing because its not its own thing and Kenji Kawai's EMIYA remix is still the best remix, but even in this capacity it has a couple really good original tracks. Apo might've had them too but since apparently i dont remember a single one they werent that good or well maybe anime is just that bad.

UBW soundtrack is also much better used in the anime iteslf. It peaks in just right moments to deliver proper impact. Apo does that... not once. Ohwell.
    Last edited by Aozaki-desu; December 30th, 2017 at 04:17 PM.

Blog Entries
    Actually, Episode 1 is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

I remember 3 OST from Apo : the main ost (Karna vs Sieg, etc...), Jack OST and Sieg vs Amakusa OST

I remember none of UBW except Emiya theme remix but i won't count it because they could throw the original OST it would be the same, so 0 for me.