Page 473 of 491 FirstFirst ... 373423463468471472473474475478483 ... LastLast
Results 9,441 to 9,460 of 9818

Thread: Fate/Apocrypha Anime (no spoilers)

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by rockitten View Post
    How old was Laeticia when she "summoned" ruler?
    She was in College, that's all I got
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

祖 Ancestor
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceblade44 View Post
    She was in College, that's all I got
    Okay, that explains why her "assets" are much bigger than Saber alter, who is "physically" 15....
    -
    She is only 2 inch taller than Saber alter though, compare with that 2 lancers (17X cm), french are shorter....
    FGO(JP) : 384812949 rockitten
    FGO(US) : Main :908340093 rockitten

Spoiler:

(alt) :469909686 Kitkat
    Spoiler:

GF: 200312912 Toma Emiya / 172681242
    Mo-san
    Spoiler:

Shirou:
    Did the grail ever told you what happened to your father?
    Mordred: It told me enough! It told me you used to be her master!
    Shirou: No, we got married. I am your father.
    Mordred: No. No! That's not true! That's impossible!
    Shirou: Search your feelings; you know it to be true!
    Morered: NOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOO!!!

Okay, that explains why her "assets" are much bigger than Saber alter, who is "physically" 15....
    -
    She is only 2 inch taller than Saber alter though, compare with that 2 lancers (17X cm), french are shorter....
    You do know that being older doesn't mean having a bigger breast right ?

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    -
    Nah, it's because the French have better cuisine and nutrition
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

US Friend Code
    French girls are just cuter, everyone knows that.

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    -
    Curiously, you used Saber Alter as comparison. Why?

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    yeah why not regular Artoria
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Remember when Salter wasn't mainstream ? good times.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kromy View Post
    Remember when Salter wasn't mainstream
    no

- - - Updated - - -

Oruta was always mainstream. Saber for 15 year old edgelords.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    266,041,773 / Justice
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I've finally been making time this week to watch the second half of Apocrypha dubbed. It's taking more time than I'd like to admit, though-- I have the subtitles on (which of course follow the Japanese language track) while the English track plays, so I've been rewinding and replaying frequently to get a feel for how certain dialogues sound.

And I have to say, I really like how the script was adapted. It sounds pretty natural while getting the intent across fine, or at least is better to process than the subtitles. Why, the subtitles feel somewhat... stiff? Too literal even? That can't just be me right?

Arashi (or anyone else familiar with subbing processes in official anime releases), would these Netflix subtitles be the same translation used in the BD release? There have been moments where I'm left wondering if Erica Mendez's adaptive script is really following Rika Takahashi's translation, or if it's some other in-house translation.

Kinda hope it'll be a different/improved translation for the BD. The subs could definitely use some cleanup-- for example, Episode 19's subs mistakenly have Laeticia saying "I hope she comes to like humans" instead of "I hope [Sieg] comes to like humans" to Astolfo. (Since it was preceded by the stilted line "I see, so with Saber of Red...", I suppose it was an honest typo that linked Mordred to the "she" in the following sentence. But still...)
    (old FGO USA accounts still being listed here for some reason)
    Spoiler:
    1st Ever Account: feat. Waver & Herc)
    (Currently waiting to be Recovered from Space)
    User ID: 096,380,356

Strategic Account: Waver, Carmilla, Atalante, Kaleidoscope

User ID: 744,854,542

(Helpful Explanation on How a Mongrel beat a King in UBW.)

Quote Originally Posted by Broke View Post

祖 Ancestor
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    Curiously, you used Saber Alter as comparison. Why?
    Coz my gf is (still) drawing that fan-fic for "London adventure after UBW good ending". To save time and efforts, we use lots of characters in FGO as characters design....

Many form of Arthoria(s) will be use for a particular "king Arthur" decedent, from teen to "twenty something".....
    -
    Don;t expect too much from it, she use Nero and Harkuno to stand in as Queen Victoria and Prince Albert....
    FGO(JP) : 384812949 rockitten
    FGO(US) : Main :908340093 rockitten

Spoiler:

(alt) :469909686 Kitkat
    Spoiler:

GF: 200312912 Toma Emiya / 172681242
    Mo-san
    Spoiler:

Shirou:
    Did the grail ever told you what happened to your father?
    Mordred: It told me enough! It told me you used to be her master!
    Shirou: No, we got married. I am your father.
    Mordred: No. No! That's not true! That's impossible!
    Shirou: Search your feelings; you know it to be true!
    Morered: NOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by John D. Pliskin View Post
    I've finally been making time this week to watch the second half of Apocrypha dubbed. It's taking more time than I'd like to admit, though-- I have the subtitles on (which of course follow the Japanese language track) while the English track plays, so I've been rewinding and replaying frequently to get a feel for how certain dialogues sound.

And I have to say, I really like how the script was adapted. It sounds pretty natural while getting the intent across fine, or at least is better to process than the subtitles. Why, the subtitles feel somewhat... stiff? Too literal even? That can't just be me right?

Arashi (or anyone else familiar with subbing processes in official anime releases), would these Netflix subtitles be the same translation used in the BD release? There have been moments where I'm left wondering if Erica Mendez's adaptive script is really following Rika Takahashi's translation, or if it's some other in-house translation.

Kinda hope it'll be a different/improved translation for the BD. The subs could definitely use some cleanup-- for example, Episode 19's subs mistakenly have Laeticia saying "I hope she comes to like humans" instead of "I hope [Sieg] comes to like humans" to Astolfo. (Since it was preceded by the stilted line "I see, so with Saber of Red...", I suppose it was an honest typo that linked Mordred to the "she" in the following sentence. But still...)
    Why are you using subtitles when you're watching the dub in the first place?
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    So... he won't hear it wrong?
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    Eh, not that unusual. I sometimes do this because dialogue of some shows are not clear enough and i don't want to miss what they're saying. With the appropriate subs that is.

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    The scripts for a subtitle stream and a dub are going to come from the same based-on-the-original-script place, but there are going to be differences in both because both the subtitles get more eyes on them for a release and a dub is going to forego literal translation for what fits lip flaps and both are going to have people looking at adaptation and what they want and/or feel the story is conveying.

Watching a subtitle stream that is not a closed captioned alongside a dub is not going to get you a 1=1 experience.

- - - Updated - - -

note this is all general statements, I have no clue what Apo is doing in specific because I'm not Netflix

JP Friend Code
    266,041,773 / Justice
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Just to put it out there, I've never gone into my currently-ongoing Apocrypha dub experience with the expectation a 1=1 experience between the subtitles and the actual dub lines. I've watched anime long enough that competent dubs by and large shouldn't aim to stick 100% to the wording of the subtitle script for the Japanese version. (Unfortunately, these are the only English subtitles available. Why can't both dub-titles and original language subtitles be offered anyway? It is like this in disc releases as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman View Post
    I'm mostly just interested in seeing how the "official" subs compared with the adaptive script of the English dub, and to save myself the time and make it easier for the sake of comparison, I've simply had both turned on.

It's been interesting for one who hasn't seen dubbed anime much lately, seeing how most-all Apocrypha's dub lines don't follow the subtitle script word-for-word and yet naturally convey the intent of the subtitles set to the original Japanese.

Not to say that there may not be some nagging discrepancies. Just for one example, it was a bit disappointing to see Semiramis in the English dub identify Astolfo as "this person" (or some other gender-neutral terminology) instead of a "girl" when she finally encountered him collapsed in the Gardens in episode 21, right before Mordred dive-bombed into her. The dub missed the mud boat on that joke! Maybe the joke was thought to be too subtle or random to be of any relevance, or something...

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    The scripts for a subtitle stream and a dub are going to come from the same based-on-the-original-script place, but there are going to be differences in both because both the subtitles get more eyes on them for a release and a dub is going to forego literal translation for what fits lip flaps and both are going to have people looking at adaptation and what they want and/or feel the story is conveying.

Watching a subtitle stream that is not a closed captioned alongside a dub is not going to get you a 1=1 experience.

- - - Updated - - -

note this is all general statements, I have no clue what Apo is doing in specific because I'm not Netflix
    Since you specify the Netflix subs as the subtitle stream, and say that it's coming from "the same based-on-the-original-script place" (as the dub), does that mean that the subtitles for the domestic BD release will be its own kind of script that interprets the original Japanese script in its own 'literal' way?

Aniplex USA will be be handling the home media distribution for Apocrypha, right? I hope that there will be improvements in the subtitle quality when I buy the BDs, since some lines read pretty awkwardly IMO, even making the English script the better experience at times.
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Or, and I don't know this for a fact, but, again, one of the things you're doing with a dub is adapting it, not directly making it the same thing, and so whoever is in charge of that decided, lets not go for the joke because maybe unlike its source country, gender neutrality and issues are, you know, an issue?

JP Friend Code
    266,041,773 / Justice
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I had considered that possibility after adding the "something"... but considering how Semiramis never became Jeanne 2.0 and went on to be "corrected" and gasp in surprise or anything, I'd see no harm in leaving Semiramis's mistaken assumption in. It certainly wouldn't have been any sillier than Jeanne going through all her stages of gendering Astolfo some episodes back. But maybe it's just me.

Anyway.... So, uh, am I right in my last post's presumptions of a "subtitle stream script" versus a "subtitle BD script"? If not about Apocrypha's case in particular, then in general? I haven't really tried to make distinctions between subtitles on streams and subtitles on disc releases before, so I wouldn't know.
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    266,041,773 / Justice
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So, I really want to move on in my current viewing of Apocrypha's dub in the second cour, but I feel I can't unless I understand this one bit of dialogue from Mordred in EPisode 23. Maybe it has to do with my slight autism, or something.

The "Questionable" line from Mordred is underlined and in red, from a scene that begins around the 9:09 mark in Episode 23 amidst Mordred's fight with Semiramis:

Mordred: I see. It was so simple.
    My wish was not to become king.
    I only wished to ease Father's solitude.
    Felt by someone unable to laugh or cry.
    If I became king, there'd be no need for that pain to continue.
    I was just fine picking up everything dropped by that person.

I was following the flow and logic of Mordred's monologue absolutely fine, both in the dub and sub, until that last line.
    What is this "everything" that was dropped by Artoria?
    -The kingship and ensuing solitude, meant to be "dropped in the future" by Artoria, after Mordred became king?
    -Her human feelings, dropped in the "present tense" by Artoria?
    If it's Artoria's feelings being talked about here, was Mordred wanting to pick up those emotions while she became King as well?

The intent conveyed in the dub script, in its adaptation of that line-- "I thought, if I just kept picking up the things father discarded, then that'd be more than enough to satisfy me."-- seems *somewhat* clearer; the "everything/things" that were discarded seem to refer to Artoria's human feelings. But if that's the case... does that mean Mordred herself was willing to hold onto both human feelings *and* kingship? Even though Mordred earlier spoke neutrally/positively about the king's 'unfeeling nature" to Sieg and Astolfo in the cafe some episodes earlier?

TL; DR What was Mordred trying to add to her little monologue to Semiramis with that last line?
    My obsesive compulsiveness is getting too much in the way of appreciating the rest of the dub viewing, so if someone could please help out... my reading comprehsnion should be better than this, but it's not right now...

---

And speaking of subtitle shenanigans, as a side note:

The subs have Jeanne's mother call Jeanne "Janet." While I guess it's not truly wrong-- "Janet" and "Jeanette" (the name favored by APEX/UTW) both have the same origin as Jeanne-- wouldn't Jeannette be more fitting? The dub seems to pronounce it more like Jeannette than Janet anyway. (And not to mention, "Janet" gets me thinking of Janet Jackson.) Another little reminder that the Netflix subs should not be brought straight to BD~~
    Spoiler: