Page 447 of 491 FirstFirst ... 347397437442445446447448449452457 ... LastLast
Results 8,921 to 8,940 of 9818

Thread: Fate/Apocrypha Anime (no spoilers)

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Since the comaprison with DEENfate came up, I think this one is actually better just because its pacing is a lot better than DEENfate, even with the lull towards the end.

I think as far as direction and flow go it's actually pretty good because I'm never actually bored while watching Apo, it's just that there's nothing really beyond the flash.

The best comparison is probably with Zero, again, the gold standard of Fate spinoffs. Zero uses a thematic component from HF and spins its own central conflict out of that, Apo tries to imitate the beats of the Fate route without the same substance. Ironically while Zero is more directly related to the source, Apo is the one that relies on you remembering stuff from FSN and go I RECOGNIZE THIS. Sieg and Jeanne tries to be Saber and Shirou but while the latter two had actual chemistry and an ideological connection the only reason Jeanne likes Sieg is...protector instinct and teenage hormones? Sieg doesn't even seem to be interested in Jeanne until the very end I guess.

Who even is the central character of this? I just default to Sieg because he has an arc and a lot of screentime. Maybe it's Mordred and Shishigo? But they get the midboss realization of not actually wanting the grail to no greater thematic point than "the magical wish granting device will not fix a problem thats in your head". Thanks afternoon cartoon.

If Sieg really is it what's the fucking point? He has become more human? Is that it, he's a real boy now? If you're not a real human but act like a human there's no difference between you and a human, is that what this is trying to do? Is this an Asimov story with an equal measure of added ineptitude and anime tits? I don't get it.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    I want to see the night at the old man's house. "Maths with Sieg" and "Tumlin' Down", bed edition.
    Sadly it was changed in anime, he didn't carry Jeanne
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Sieg and Jeanne tries to be Saber and Shirou
    What does that make Astolfo then, Rin?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I mean kinda? Their relationship starts out from the natural nasuverse order decreeing Astolfo should turn Sieg in but he's too soft to comply, and he takes on the mentor/showing the ropes role for Sieg (though a part of that does hit Jeanne, but it's not like Saber never did the thing explainer).
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "Woops I forgot the name of my Noble Phantasm" is a Tohsaka-style screw up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    266,041,773 / Justice
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Finally saw episode 25 tonight! Right after a lengthy re-watch of the last third of Episode 23 and complete re-watch of episode 24 for heightened dramatic investment. It was all a good reminder too that in the end, this was a Sieg/Jeanne show.

Considering how late it is where I'm at-- 11:30 PM-range at the time this message will be concluded, or 6.5 hours before work (really, I lose too much sleep on weeknights over mulling Fate/things sometimes), I won't be giving full impressions now. I definitely want some more time to get more thoughts together about the episode and the series overall (the short of it: I liked it!), so I'll be coming back later. This thread won't be dropped by everyone like a hot potato anytime soon, right?

That being said, I at least have this to say-- I definitely did not expect a "Last Episode-like" ending, or for the core of the epilogue to hinge this much on the Sieg/Jeanne relationship.

And hell, "Last Episode" is actually something I've not experienced first hand; all I "know" of it is that Shirou and Artoria reunite in Avalon or something in a special scene after completing all the routes in Realta Nua. Yeah, I've only played FSN once via the vanilla FSN translation by MirrorMoon + Realta Nua voicework; I have the RN routes & the "Jack patch"(?) installed, but haven't gone through it properly a second time around.

So you can imagine there being Last Episode-related implications to Apocrypha's epilogue that may have flown over my head.

One question (or one line of questioning), for now: Was Jeanne removed from the Throne of Heroes? Is it only the 2004-era 'copy' that's with Sieg, or is it her 'complete self' that's reunited with Sieg... forever and ever? (And so what the heck, does this mean anything for Jeanne in FGO? Guess I could ask the same of Artoria as her FGO presence relates to Last Episode, come to think of it.) It's irritating that, AFAIK, this whole existentialist aspect of the Servants' "souls" or the "copies" of them hardly get addressed in Fate/anime. I remember Celenike derisively calling Astolfo a 'copy', but beyond that...?
    Last edited by John D. Pliskin; January 3rd, 2018 at 02:13 AM.
    (old FGO USA accounts still being listed here for some reason)
    Spoiler:
    1st Ever Account: feat. Waver & Herc)
    (Currently waiting to be Recovered from Space)
    User ID: 096,380,356

Strategic Account: Waver, Carmilla, Atalante, Kaleidoscope

User ID: 744,854,542

(Helpful Explanation on How a Mongrel beat a King in UBW.)

Quote Originally Posted by Broke View Post

Inactive
    Blog Entries
    Since the comaprison with DEENfate came up, I think this one is actually better just because its pacing is a lot better than DEENfate, even with the lull towards the end.

I think as far as direction and flow go it's actually pretty good because I'm never actually bored while watching Apo, it's just that there's nothing really beyond the flash.

The best comparison is probably with Zero, again, the gold standard of Fate spinoffs. Zero uses a thematic component from HF and spins its own central conflict out of that, Apo tries to imitate the beats of the Fate route without the same substance. Ironically while Zero is more directly related to the source, Apo is the one that relies on you remembering stuff from FSN and go I RECOGNIZE THIS. Sieg and Jeanne tries to be Saber and Shirou but while the latter two had actual chemistry and an ideological connection the only reason Jeanne likes Sieg is...protector instinct and teenage hormones? Sieg doesn't even seem to be interested in Jeanne until the very end I guess.

Who even is the central character of this? I just default to Sieg because he has an arc and a lot of screentime. Maybe it's Mordred and Shishigo? But they get the midboss realization of not actually wanting the grail to no greater thematic point than "the magical wish granting device will not fix a problem thats in your head". Thanks afternoon cartoon.

If Sieg really is it what's the fucking point? He has become more human? Is that it, he's a real boy now? If you're not a real human but act like a human there's no difference between you and a human, is that what this is trying to do? Is this an Asimov story with an equal measure of added ineptitude and anime tits? I don't get it.

I agree with you! At least I am not alone to think that this is "Fate Route" wannabe...
    Talking about coincidence that both Sieg and Shirou have something "implanted" inside of their bodies, Jeanne and Saber are both blondes with similar design but different boobies size

Demon Lord of the Round Table Cipher One's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John D. Pliskin View Post
    One question (or one line of questioning), for now: Was Jeanne removed from the Throne of Heroes? Is it only the 2004-era 'copy' that's with Sieg, or is it her 'complete self' that's reunited with Sieg... forever and ever? (And so what the heck, does this mean anything for Jeanne in FGO? Guess I could ask the same of Artoria as her FGO presence relates to Last Episode, come to think of it.) It's irritating that, AFAIK, this whole existentialist aspect of the Servants' "souls" or the "copies" of them hardly get addressed in Fate/anime. I remember Celenike derisively calling Astolfo a 'copy', but beyond that...?
    As far as I remember, that was never explained in the novels. Most I've heard from others is that Jeanne basically just ups and leaves the Throne somehow and later she's reunited with Sieg. One headcanon I have and remember reading from others is that Sieg used the power of the grail to reunite with her via a wish. Honestly that's the only thing that comes to mind that could explain it.

Either way though, nothing really excuses the fact that it's basically just a rip-off of Last Episode only without the substance that made the original one great.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I think its this

BB :: You humans cannot alleviate this darkness. Especially not you alone. In any case — [static] “Will you pardon humanity, or not?” The results of a vote on this question by all the lifeforms on the Earth, from the past to present, resulted in a 49 to 51 passage of the motion to eradicate humanity. The opinions in your favor came largely from plants and animals. Unable to speak, they said they would forgive you. Opinions against you came largely from within your own ranks. Possessing intelligence, you grieved that you would not repent. You understand? You are the only ones who prey upon your own kind for profit. You chose self-destruction. You chose self-destruction. You chose self-destruction.
    Sieg being an neutral observer of humanity since he is a homunculus and was able to experience humanity, the good and the bad came to the conclusion that even if there are sad things, humanity still strives on.
    And that's the answer that saves Jeanne.

I guess its a bit clearer in the novel:

"Sieg, can I ask one more time?"
    "Ah-"
    "Do you still believe that?"
    Man’s good and evil. Humanity itself. But-
    Without any hesitation, Sieg nodded.
    "Of course. There's a lot of things I don't know. Or perhaps, this is something so complicated that you can't explain after just one life. However, from the little, the little that I do understand."
    Once, these innocent eyes were dyed with anguish. They cannot lie to deceive, they can only convey the truth. Human evil is something intrinsic. Even then, he will never abandon believing in the innate goodness of man.
    The newborn boy tilted his head, thinking. Good and Evil. Good is regarded as what is right, still, evil is suffering of those who had been pushed down.
    He still hadn't found his answer.
    -Ahh. Even so, this boy still accepted everything in front of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Demon Lord of the Round Table Cipher One's Avatar
    Sieg being an neutral observer of humanity since he is a homunculus and was able to experience humanity, the good and the bad came to the conclusion that even if there are sad things, humanity still strives on.
    And that's the answer that saves Jeanne.
    Someone pointed this out to me on Reddit. They said that, aside from the help Sieg provides in combat, if not for his existence then Jeanne more than likely wouldn't have been nearly broken by Shakespeare which in itself was what led to her nearly accepting Amakusa's deal.

Knowing that, I keep wondering to myself how Shakespeare could have broken Jeanne if one took Sieg out of the equation.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipher One View Post
    Knowing that, I keep wondering to myself how Shakespeare could have broken Jeanne if one took Sieg out of the equation.
    She probably wouldn't have been 'broken' at all & stayed as a unyielding 'Ruler' since from the story, it was regarding Sieg that led to her being guilt ridden & confused...maybe.

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue View Post
    She probably wouldn't have been 'broken' at all & stayed as a unyielding 'Ruler' since from the story, it was regarding Sieg that led to her being guilt ridden & confused...maybe.
    The moment Shakes showed her Gilles, it was all over. First Folio could show her more travesties Gilles commited or how he changed into Caster.
    Shakes's real goal was just to stall her.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Not really

She was sad but accepted it

pretty much said in the episode

so yeah, Sieg was the chink in her armor

The Royal Chancellor of Avalon Keyne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cipher One View Post
    As far as I remember, that was never explained in the novels. Most I've heard from others is that Jeanne basically just ups and leaves the Throne somehow and later she's reunited with Sieg. One headcanon I have and remember reading from others is that Sieg used the power of the grail to reunite with her via a wish. Honestly that's the only thing that comes to mind that could explain it.

Either way though, nothing really excuses the fact that it's basically just a rip-off of Last Episode only without the substance that made the original one great.
    Wasn't it in Prototype that Manaka actually ventured to the Reverse Side and saw a gentle but quiet dragon, always in wait?
    I also read somewhere that the Throne of Heroes and the Reverse Side are connected, but it's actually very hard to enter there, so it took Jeanne a shitload of time to do it.

JP Friend Code
    Jeanne as strong willed w/ unyielding faith as she is can be seen in her Interlude in FGO (her NP one where crotchballs McClown was playing as the devil I think?).

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Zero, again, the gold standard of Fate spinoffs
    That's Prisma you baka.

Anyway, Apoc is a 6/10 anime with a handful of 9/10 moments. Perfectly serviceable and nothing more. You'll forget about it by this time next year.

It did have the best OST of any Fate adaptation since the original, though, so that gets it props.

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH---!!!!!! DreamsRequiem's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    Yep, I love the OST. The main theme just gives that heroic epic vibe. I have to really hand it to the composer, really did well with OST, and had the musical expertise to actually pronounce its scenes with the right theme at the right time.

That said: Fuck Miura for ruining UBW with his fucking backwards musical mindset. The music is one of the most important parts of a show, and the fact that he didn't want to show off how talented the composer could be because he was scared it would overtake scene just shows he doesn't know how to mix them well. I am still really salty with UBW's musical direction, yes.

The Lycopocalypse: Click at your own risk
    FGO NA Support:

IGN: Kurama Satou

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamsRequiem View Post
    Yep, I love the OST. The main theme just gives that heroic epic vibe. I have to really hand it to the composer, really did well with OST, and had the musical expertise to actually pronounce its scenes with the right theme at the right time.

That said: Fuck Miura for ruining UBW with his fucking backwards musical mindset. The music is one of the most important parts of a show, and the fact that he didn't want to show off how talented the composer could be because he was scared it would overtake scene just shows he doesn't know how to mix them well. I am still really salty with UBW's musical direction, yes.
    There is animation director, sound director, and series director too you know?

Fate/Stay Night also don't really have those battle between heroes vibe

You should say fuck the composer not the director
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I guess its a bit clearer in the novel
    staple answer in this thread
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyne View Post
    Wasn't it in Prototype that Manaka actually ventured to the Reverse Side and saw a gentle but quiet dragon, always in wait?
    I also read somewhere that the Throne of Heroes and the Reverse Side are connected, but it's actually very hard to enter there, so it took Jeanne a shitload of time to do it.
    It was on her way to Labyrinth