Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3811121314151823 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Prototype: Blue Silver Fragments Complete Version

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle PhoenixRising's Avatar
    Hi guys,
    As promised, here is Part Two of the completed translation of Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver - Arc 2: Best Friend Arc - Act 2.

Part 2-A: First Person Journal Excerpt (For Further Reference: See Drama CD V2 - CD2 - Track 1)
    Spoiler:

Heroic Spirits are not human.
    Don't be fooled because they are humanoid.

Heroic Spirits are originally not beings who can be controlled by humans themselves.
    They are the second advent of a myth. A legend. An illusion which possesses the likely power to destroy even the laws of physics.

Even Assassin who is the weakest of the classes due to its relatively low direct combat abilities is absolutely not an opponent for a human to rival. Whether it’s a magus skilled in combat mobilisation or an army platoon with a wealth of modern weapons prepared, you will only die if you face off with a Heroic Spirit.

Don’t forget that they are a dream.
    Humans cannot hope to beat a Servant.

Even if they are an outstanding Magus.
    They are considered to be of no exception.

(An extract from an old notebook)

Part 2-B: Third Person Caster Perspective (For Further Reference: See Drama CD V2 - CD2 - Track 6)
    Spoiler:

Underneath the moonlight―――
    He was quietly walking in the front garden of the Reiroukan Mansion.

Von Hohenheim.
    A magus who has left countless legends and is even known widely by the name of Paracelsus.
    A Servant who was summoned for the Holy Grail War and had gained the rank of Caster.
    He was pondering the current “war situation” by himself, while checking the workmanship of the Reiroukan mansion’s magical workshop which was further stabilised through using his own “Territory Creation” skill as the foundation for the workshop his Master had built.

Now that the seven Servants have been summoned to this Tokyo, the Holy Grail War has already begun.
    The beginning of hostilities by Saber and Lancer had been confirmed and there was evidence that Berserker had tried to invade this mansion too. Though the failed invasion was still an incident from before he was summoned, many Masters would recognize that this place is a base for one of the Masters. Especially since it has now been turned into an overtly powerful magical fortress, it wouldn’t be hard to guess it.

Though, he wasn’t happy that they knew the location.
    The war situation itself was not so bad.
    It seems as though they were promised to win their way through till the final stage at least, according to their alliance with the “Master of Western Tokyo” which Rider signed this afternoon. Even if he did not know his true name, there is no doubt that Rider was a fairly powerful Heroic Spirit.

Caster: “……. Conflict, I can’t say I particularly like it, but……”

Red and blue colours were floating around him as he muttered it.
    A red gem and a blue gem. While properly tending to his elements with voiceless words, he checks the mansion’s barriers. After confirming there was no problem with the operation of the magical furnaces that had been installed in four locations, he suddenly looks up at the night sky.
    The starry sky had faintly dulled than the era that he knew.

He thinks of several things.

Elementals. Alchemy. Magical foundations.
    The ether which was the fifth element and the true ether which overflowed in the Age of the Gods.
    And, the light of the sparkling stars.

Now it will be an event in the distant past. However, he can recall it as if it were yesterday. It is nostalgic and heartbreaking at the same time.

Caster: “……. It’s unavoidable. My time is already over.”

A profile of Misaya, his Master’s beloved child floats into his mind.
    Magi are still connected to life even in the present.

“The descendants of the many children who have received my teachings, are certainly, out there in this world.”

Caster: “But. Who would have thought she would have the traits of a ruler?”

Misaya Reiroukan.

Naturally he felt that she had an abundance of talent towards magic, but truly moreover, she was endowed with the traits of a ruler. Before that Rider’s fierce bloodlust, she endured his gaze even through her familiar and kept returning it with hers―――
    If it weren’t for her actions, this current advantageous war situation would have never existed.

Caster:“I always thought that Kings were nuisances no matter the era, but somehow, it appears that I must amend my assessment of them a little. There are kings who can detect kings in this world.”

He tells the red and blue gems.
    He smiles at his alter egos who flicker and reply with wordless words.

Caster: “Magical capacity is something perceived by mages. A king’s capacity is something perceived by kings. If there is a person like Merlin, then they would be an exception.”

It was an honest admiration towards Rider who saw through Misaya’s capacity when she couldn’t perceive herself.
    Caster smiles a little.
    That child, Misaya will certainly grow up to be a fine Magus, a fine family head.
    Even if he was not able to achieve it once, when he had tried to do it.

???:“……Hnnnrgh!”

Without having to listen, he grasps what happened.
    He could hear a howling voice in the distance. The howl of the intruder was trying to penetrate these grounds which was their fortified magic workshop. Persistently for tonight as well. He could very well say that it was Berserker.
    He would be easy to slaughter if he would just release the true name of his Noble Phantasm.
    But it was still quite early.

Although he had absolute faith in the power brought by his own Noble Phantasm, at most, he was thinking that he should use it to take on more than two Servants even if they were the weakest ones. Of course, he was of the same opinion as his Master. They hoped that the other groups would show up, lured in by Berserker’s foolhardiness, but it seemed no one would be enticed by a wild animal that impulsive.
    As he tries to turn his heel and return to the mansion―――
    He suddenly stops.

Caster: “What?”

A small mumble.
    Looking back, there was a figure of a new intruder there.

―――It was, a girl.

Manaka: “Good evening, Mr. Magus. Are you Caster?”

Caster: “Good evening, young lady.”

As he calmly tells her this.
    Caster quietly feels anxious in his heart.

Caster: 'Impossible―――'

‘Why couldn’t I sense that she was in my workshop, my own magical domain?’
    ‘Dozens of barriers and curses, elementals which could be called my alter egos deployed one by one in the sky in addition to the packs of synthetic demon beasts created by my Master’s hands in all directions, perfectly arranged traps to eliminate intruders with, and on top of that, I can automatically sense if any of them were activated. Anyway, even if the forest in the back garden had its barriers deliberately loosened to create a path for a sole intrusion, they would appear in the front garden close to the main residence.’

He instantly lists the possibilities. Presence Concealment. Or, spatial transference. The former is Assassin’s unique skill, but he couldn’t feel the unique presence of a Servant from the girl before him―――just an ordinary human’s―――and she shouldn’t be able to imitate it either and even if that were true, it would be difficult to imagine that she could avoid his obstacles of death. Even in the latter case, modern mages shouldn’t be able to easily use a trick that steps into the realm of magic.
    ‘But the girl is there in reality.’

While bathed in the moonlight, she lets her platinum blonde hair and green dress glisten in it.
    ‘It’d be simple to turn her to ash. But….’

―――She piqued his interest.

‘Who on earth is this girl?’
    Although Berserker was screaming, he couldn't get past the edge of the forest in the backyard, this magical fortress which he had transformed into his own workshop.
    But the girl so easily appeared in the vicinity of the mansion which was the innermost part of the fortress.
    Disregarding Caster who showed silent doubts, three “shadows” emerged from beneath the girl’s feet. Familiars? It is very doubtful that there is a Heroic Spirit besides himself who was summoned with the class of Caster, if so, then what is the girl who makes these familiars materialize like this?
    A Magus?
    There was reason to infer it.

Manaka: “Hmm……”

He extends his right hand a little.
    In the middle of the materializing process, he strikes his elemental magic into the familiar-like “shadows.”

Without even using his Noble Phantasm and while thinking that it may not be necessary to activate the numerous special effects attached to the workshop, it was a high-speed chant to draw out power from the two gems floating mid-air. He gets rid of them with his usual magic. Grasping with a glance at what would be the most effective element for each target, he converts his magical power into different attribute elements for each of the three “shadows” and simultaneously fires it.

He does not require even a few decimal points of a second.

He hits one with fire, smothers one in water and tears up one with wind.
    Every one of the “shadows” who were exposed to the great magus class power tragically vanish like mist.
    Being careful not to injure the girl herself, he limits its effective range.

Manaka: “Oh?”

The girl who suddenly lost her familiars before her eyes, slightly tilts her neck ―――

Manaka: “Heehee. You use quite the unusual magic, don’t you? It’s very interesting!”

Saying it.
    She is filled with radiance itself―――

Manaka: “But you know.”

While basking herself in the moonlight―――

Manaka: “Since my pets have already had enough.”

She cheerfully smiles―――

Manaka: “How about I become your special friend?”
    Last edited by PhoenixRising; May 5th, 2020 at 12:51 AM.

Gotta read this in time

わたりもの The Wanderer JusticeAmongSwords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
    Hi guys,
    As promised, here is Part Two of the completed translation of Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver - Arc 2: Best Friend Arc - Act 2.

Part 2-A: First Person Journal Excerpt (For Further Reference: See Drama CD V2 - CD2 - Track 1)
    Spoiler:

Heroic Spirits are not human.
    Don't be fooled because they are humanoid.

Heroic Spirits are originally not beings who can be controlled by humans themselves.
    They are the second advent of a myth. A legend. An illusion which possesses the likely power to destroy even the laws of physics.

Even Assassin who is the weakest of the classes due to its relatively low direct combat abilities is absolutely not an opponent for a human to rival. Whether it’s a magus skilled in combat mobilisation or an army platoon with a wealth of modern weapons prepared, you will only die if you face off with a Heroic Spirit.

Don’t forget that they are a dream.
    Humans cannot hope to beat a Servant.

Even if they are an outstanding Magus.
    They are considered to be of no exception.

(An extract from an old notebook)

Part 2-B: Third Person Caster Perspective (For Further Reference: See Drama CD V2 - CD2 - Track 6)
    Spoiler:

Underneath the moonlight―――
    He was quietly walking in the front garden of the Reiroukan Mansion.

Von Hohenheim.
    A magus who has left countless legends and is even known widely by the name of Paracelsus.
    A Servant who was summoned for the Holy Grail War and had gained the rank of Caster.
    He was pondering the current “war situation” by himself, while checking the workmanship of the Reiroukan mansion’s magical workshop which was further stabilised through using his own “Territory Creation” skill as the foundation for the workshop his Master had built.

Now that the seven Servants have been summoned to this Tokyo, the Holy Grail War has already begun.
    The beginning of hostilities by Saber and Lancer had been confirmed and there was evidence that Berserker had tried to invade this mansion too. Though the failed invasion was still an incident from before he was summoned, many Masters would recognize that this place is a base for one of the Masters. Especially since it has now been turned into an overtly powerful magical fortress, it wouldn’t be hard to guess it.

Though, he wasn’t happy that they knew the location.
    The war situation itself was not so bad.
    It seems as though they were promised to win their way through till the final stage at least, according to their alliance with the “Master of Western Tokyo” which Rider signed this afternoon. Even if he did not know his true name, there is no doubt that Rider was a fairly powerful Heroic Spirit.

Caster: “……. Conflict, I can’t say I particularly like it, but……”

Red and blue colours were floating around him as he muttered it.
    A red gem and a blue gem. While properly tending to his elements with voiceless words, he checks the mansion’s barriers. After confirming there was no problem with the operation of the magical furnaces that had been installed in four locations, he suddenly looks up at the night sky.
    The starry sky had faintly dulled than the era that he knew.

He thinks of several things.

Elementals. Alchemy. Magical foundations.
    The ether which was the fifth element and the true ether which overflowed in the Age of the Gods.
    And, the light of the sparkling stars.

Now it will be an event in the distant past. However, he can recall it as if it were yesterday. It is nostalgic and heartbreaking at the same time.

Caster: “……. It’s unavoidable. My time is already over.”

A profile of Misaya, his Master’s beloved child floats into his mind.
    Magi are still connected to life even in the present.

“The descendants of the many children who have received my teachings, are certainly, out there in this world.”

Caster: “But. Who would have thought she would have the traits of a ruler?”

Misaya Reiroukan.

Naturally he felt that she had an abundance of talent towards magic, but truly moreover, she was endowed with the traits of a ruler. Before that Rider’s fierce bloodlust, she endured his gaze even through her familiar and kept returning it with hers―――
    If it weren’t for her actions, this current advantageous war situation would have never existed.

Caster:“I always thought that Kings were nuisances no matter the era, but somehow, it appears that I must amend my assessment of them a little. There are kings who can detect kings in this world.”

He tells the red and blue gems.
    He smiles at his alter egos who flicker and reply with wordless words.

Caster: “Magical capacity is something perceived by mages. A king’s capacity is something perceived by kings. If there is a person like Merlin, then they would be an exception.”

It was an honest admiration towards Rider who saw through Misaya’s capacity when she couldn’t perceive herself.
    Caster smiles a little.
    That child, Misaya will certainly grow up to be a fine Magus, a fine family head.
    Even if he was not able to achieve it once, when he had tried to do it.

???:“……Hnnnrgh!”

Without having to listen, he grasps what happened.
    He could hear a howling voice in the distance. The howl of the intruder was trying to penetrate these grounds which was their fortified magic workshop. Persistently for tonight as well. He could very well say that it was Berserker.
    He would be easy to slaughter if he would just release the true name of his Noble Phantasm.
    But it was still quite early.

Although he had absolute faith in the power brought by his own Noble Phantasm, at most, he was thinking that he should use it to take on more than two Servants even if they were the weakest ones. Of course, he was of the same opinion as his Master. They hoped that the other groups would show up, lured in by Berserker’s foolhardiness, but it seemed no one would be enticed by a wild animal that impulsive.
    As he tries to turn his heel and return to the mansion―――
    He suddenly stops.

Caster: “What?”

A small mumble.
    Looking back, there was a figure of a new intruder there.

―――It was, a girl.

Manaka: “Good evening, Mr. Magus. Are you Caster?”

Caster: “Good evening, young lady.”

As he calmly tells her this.
    Caster quietly feels anxious in his heart.

Caster: 'Impossible―――'

‘Why couldn’t I sense that she was in my workshop, my own magical domain?’
    ‘Dozens of barriers and curses, elementals which could be called my alter egos deployed one by one in the sky in addition to the packs of synthetic demon beasts created by my Master’s hands in all directions, perfectly arranged traps to eliminate intruders with, and on top of that, I can automatically sense if any of them were activated. Anyway, even if the forest in the back garden had its barriers deliberately loosened to create a path for a sole intrusion, they would appear in the front garden close to the main residence.’

He instantly lists the possibilities. Presence Concealment. Or, spatial transference. The former is Assassin’s unique skill, but he couldn’t feel the unique presence of a Servant from the girl before him―――just an ordinary human’s―――and she shouldn’t be able to imitate it either and even if that were true, it would be difficult to imagine that she could avoid his obstacles of death. Even in the latter case, modern mages shouldn’t be able to easily use a trick that steps into the realm of magic.
    ‘But the girl is there in reality.’

While bathed in the moonlight, she lets her platinum blonde hair and green dress glisten in it.
    ‘It’d be simple to turn her to ash. But….’

―――She piqued his interest.

‘Who on earth is this girl?’
    Although Berserker was screaming, he couldn't get past the edge of the forest in the backyard, this magical fortress which he had transformed into his own workshop.
    But the girl so easily appeared in the vicinity of the mansion which was the innermost part of the fortress.
    Disregarding Caster who showed silent doubts, three “shadows” emerged from beneath the girl’s feet. Familiars? It is very doubtful that there is a Heroic Spirit besides himself who was summoned with the class of Caster, if so, then what is the girl who makes these familiars materialize like this?
    A Magus?
    There was reason to infer it.

Manaka: “Hmm……”

He extends his right hand a little.
    In the middle of the materializing process, he strikes his elemental magic into the familiar-like “shadows.”

Without even using his Noble Phantasm and while thinking that it may not be necessary to activate the numerous special effects attached to the workshop, it was a high-speed chant to draw out power from the two gems floating mid-air. He gets rid of them with his usual magic. Grasping with a glance at what would be the most effective element for each target, he converts his magical power into different attribute elements for each of the three “shadows” and simultaneously fires it.

He does not require even a few decimal points of a second.

He hits one with fire, smothers one in water and tears up one with wind.
    Every one of the “shadows” who were exposed to the great magus class power tragically vanish like mist.
    Being careful not to injure the girl herself, he limits its effective range.

Manaka: “Oh?”

The girl who suddenly lost her familiars before her eyes, slightly tilts her neck ―――

Manaka: “Heehee. You use quite the unusual magic, don’t you? It’s very interesting!”

Saying it.
    She is filled with radiance itself―――

Manaka: “But you know.”

While basking herself in the moonlight―――

Manaka: “Since my pets have already had enough.”

She cheerfully smiles―――

Manaka: “How about I become your special friend?”
    And right when stuff was getting good between Caster and Misaya, Manaka just comes up, ready to recruit one more Servant in her creepy-loli mode.

Jokes aside, so far "Prototype" seems to be even more interesting to read than "Stay Night", maybe all thanks to the different characters(Thank God there are no any Saber faces, Arthur Proto doesn't count). Big thanks to Phoenix for translating it, can't wait for the new parts to come out.

Thank you for the dedicated translations and hard work by the whole team! I just found this thread and got caught up and I'm absolutely enamored by Fragments. It would be nice if there was as much interest in this as it is for F/SF.

By curiosity, would anyone happen to know how reliable the TM Wiki is for events that happened in Fragments that isn't properly translated yet here?

Pretty sure Phoenix is the one editing the wiki on Fragments. And if that's the case, then it is quite reliable.

Hi guys,
    As promised, here is Story 1 of the Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver 4th Drama CD Bonus Novel - Fragments 1: Those Who Build Up. This is set after Berserker's defeat, but before Rider creates his great temple.
    Fragments 2 will be up soon.

Part 1-A: Third Person POV
    Spoiler:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver
    Drama CD 4 - Fragments 1 - Those Who Build Up

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The latest modern cityscape which commands a view of a Tokyo Bay filled with the black of night, Makuhari, Chiba Prefecture―――
    The capital’s second waterfront area. With large event venues and skyscraper buildings constructed by gathering the cream of contemporary architectural engineering, it produces a certain unique atmosphere. If it were not for the towns where people lived, the shrines and the group of huge construction that did not consist of a palace, it would be a sight that would be impossible to see in the ancient age of the gods and one rarely found in the Middle Ages. It is a sight that can only be found in the suburbs of modern developed countries after all.
    In terms of distance, it was around 40 kilometers from central Tokyo. It took him 30 minutes to drive down the Metropolitan Expressway No. 7’s Komatsugawa line in a Daimler DS420. However, he would arrive in a blink of an eye countless times if he used his Noble Phantasm solar ship, and yet he deliberately arrived by driving a steel vehicle.
    A land built by reclaiming the sea.
    There was a tall tower there that was sometimes called the New City Tower.
    Hotel Springs Makuhari. A high rise building fourteen floors above ground that had just opened last fall.
    Although its overall height was modestly comparable to the the twenty- one floored Chiba New Park Hotel which was in the middle of construction and the Makuhari Techno Garden which towers in the area as a twenty-five floored office building which crosses over a hundred meters above ground, it was a facility where he could be at home at being the place most closest to the heavens, as far as Makuhari New City in February 1991 was concerned.

Therefore, he decided it was a suitable place for him.
    He sat down. And dozed off in a body which didn’t need sleep.

???: “Now then. Where should I put it?”

A certain day in February, late at night. At a fancy restaurant situated at on the top floor of the hotel.
    At a table facing the window―――
    Dressed in a Chester Barrie suit, with a cocktail glass in one hand, hoping to watch the horizon in the space between the starry sky and Tokyo Bay with sunglasses on, one lone man sits confidently without hiding his elegant, strong and overflowing kingly aura. He stands out. He truly stands out. But not in a bad way. Even though foreign businessmen who seemed to have visited Makuhari for negotiations, or a well-dressed couple who had flown over the gulf for the night view or families who appeared to be wealthy were obligated to do so, he sent his reverence filled sight to the man as if it was natural to do so.
    No wonder.
    That man is the highest person on earth.
    True name, Ozymandias. He was a Rider, one of the heroes who charges through the Tokyo Holy Grail War.

Rider: “Ichigaya or Yokota. Yokosuka and Atsugi aren’t bad either.”

He mutters to himself with cocktail glass in hand.
    Initially, he naturally requested the beer that originated in his birthplace, but he naturally proceeded to order what matched the signs in the place. People are people even if they are wealthy, then there was the thoughtfulness of the king who thought that it would be better to not break the tranquillity of the lower masses. The first drink he ordered was a short cocktail called Alexander and the second drink was the Cleopatra swaying in his hand. This second drink is really strong. It is really strong because it has rum, coffee liqueur and fresh cream mixed together in it.
    His consciousness is clear with each sip.

Rider: “If I go with this choice, then there is no better place than the foot of Mt. Fuji. As the area is rich with nature, there will be few non-combatants. Although……” He gulps down the glass in one go, “It’s a little too far away. My powers are impossible to dampen in proportion to distance, but it’s still too far away.”

He places his empty cocktail glass on the table.
    There is a window beyond the glass and the darkness and the starry sky just further beyond that.

Rider: “So where will you choose, Ozymandias? Where will you build your new great temple?”

‘What is the true form of the darkness beyond it?’
    ‘Needless to say, the vast Tokyo Bay covered in the darkness of the night.’
    ‘The sea. That’s it.’

Rider: “Ahh.”

The man smiles.
    With a slight ridicule towards himself in his words and voice.

Rider: “―――As I thought, the sea is most appropriate for me.”

He closed his eyes.
    And the man naturally remembers.

His bygone past. An act from when he had a life shining radiantly like the sun, when he had a sound body that was not made of ether. In the vast world he once governed, towards all the temples in the whole nation of Upper and Lower Egypt, crossing time, beyond the natural order, that time, when he thought that Pharaoh Ozymandias would be pleased to say that he was a ruler and a builder.

It was not night.
    He hadn’t even drunk alcohol.
    He was close to a river and not the sea.
    He was not alone.
    In the warm sunlight that covered everything―――yes, he was lending his ear to the words brought by the flower.

Part 1-B: First Person POV
    Spoiler:

???: “It’s wonderful, Rameses.”

Ahh, my beloved flower is smiling.

???: “It is an exceptionally great feat filled with a light like yours. Ruling all of the temples is the same as ruling all hearts and when the Pharaoh’s might finally reaches its peak, surely you will solidify Egypt’s ideals. But you know. Rameses. There will be those who will shout that it is arrogant to rise up against Amen, not salvation.”

It is the birthplace of my soul, my origin which I had even in the past, that still floats behind my eyes after many moons and nights.
    In the magic world, it is an old world that is sometimes classified as one of the Age of the Gods. Ancient Egypt.
    At the corner of my magnificent palace, there was love itself, smiling gently towards the Pharaoh who has much splendor himself and rules all the earth as the current pharaoh.

Nefertari.

In Kadesh which was the site of the greatest battle in my life, an ideal person worthy of his devotion and respect snuggled up with her husband along with the two princes and their baby girl. I had taken part in military campaigns. In the battle with the Hittites who were attacking as if to destroy everything with a strong iron civilization, without falling to my own repulsive demons as they ran through the battlefield, it was her sincere resolve and dedication to him that made me feel that my family―――their undying love was always right there beside me.

A woman who is kind, wise, strong and deeply in love with me. Nefertari.
    She was the brilliant light itself to the most supreme pharaoh on earth.

Nefertari: “Rameses.”

Warmth conveys to my cheek.
    Her sweetness and beauty was touching my cheek with her right hand.
    My princess who has grown up healthy, in the midst of her beautiful maturity, and who is still elevating into a being that surpasses goddess Hathor even now, is looking at me with her tender eyes.

Nefertari: “Oh, please don’t make such a sad face.”

What keen eyes.

Rider: “My heart.”

Even the magical eyes of the mages who serve the palace cannot rival yours.

Rider: “The Pharaoh’s will which exists in the human-less heavens―――knows your tone, your ideals and of you. Nefertari. You who are kinder than anyone else on earth.”
    Nefertari: “I, I am greedy.”

Your shy gestures are the same as when you were young.
    While she is a beautiful woman, while she is a strong-willed mother, her untainted innocence suddenly wavers.
    Whether or not she knew it. Each time she shows me her various charms such as her gestures, her voice, her words, her expressions, her sighs, ahh, my heart which ought to be of a man not unrivalled by young rulers will tremble and I fall in love with her all over again.

Nefertari: “I don’t want you to be sad……for I do arrogant things too.”
    Rider: “Nefertari.”

Gently grasping her right hand, I kiss her.

Rider: “I―――”

I continue my words as a whisper.
    Whenever we flirt and embrace each other, whenever we nestle together and exchange words, our feelings for each other are strangely almost mutual. Although we are as different as day and night, the palace and the flowers, we are essentially the same in nature.
    Our bodies and hearts blend together. We understand each other.
    Is it due to the heat of her voice or the heat of her skin?

Rider: “I must declare someday that I am the builder and ruler of all temples, the god born from the god, Ra, who must be worshiped. The entire world must be under the rule of Pharaoh, only then will the land and its people be truly protected and saved for the first time. The world is still imperfect, so I have to support them as the pinnacle of Pharaohs, past, present and future."
    Nefertari: “Yes, my pharaoh.”

My love is nodding.
    Yes. You do not deny that I am a wonderful person.
    And yet, you’re worried.
    About your husband, the supreme pharaoh, the world and its people. The future of all lives.

Rider: “But. Now is not the time for concern. Therefore, you must not speak of it and hide it in your heart. Though I shall heed your warning, Nefertari.”
    Nefertari: “Dear……”
    Rider: “I will never condemn you. Never.”

Touching her cheek with a calm smile, I continue my prose.

Rider: “For you saying that testament that I do not have enough splendor yet. If that’s the case, then I shall spend dozens of decades to reach the further heights of a Pharaoh.”
    Nefertari: “Ozymandias, right?” she smiles again. A new flower appears on the Nile.
    Rider: “Haha. Yep.”

To reach―――
    ―――Those words someday, yes, I must achieve everything.
    We must transform Egypt from a mighty, unrivaled nation and a great civilization into an unparalleled paradise.
    Although I had signed a treaty with King Muwatar of the Hittites who had attained astonishing military strength due to their Iron culture, I have countless other things to deal with. For example, yes, the descendants of Jacob who escaped from the famine of Palestine once, are the Naruna people who have been continually treated as Egypt’s labour force for over hundreds of years.
    Just the other day, I was just talking with Moses about them.

Rider: “……. Have you heard from Moses lately?”
    Nefertari: “No, not really. He doesn’t come here these days. Why did you want to talk with him about government?”
    Rider: “Ahh―――”

I think for a bit.
    She just assisted me with my great decision and I’m afraid of continuing it further.
    As I speak a word, Nefetari smiles at me, she empathizes with me, thinks with me, carry everything with me, but still it would be a burden for even she who bore the weight of world with me and who bore me my new child. So, I won’t speak of it for now.

Rider: “No, it’s nothing. Rest now, Nefertari, you have accompanied me for way too long. Consider it an order from the supreme Pharaoh who arrives as the builder of all temples in the future.”
    “Well then. Heehee, it appears I have no choice.”
    Rider: “Of course.”

As I exhale and brush my shiny hair that was the same colour as my lovely wife―――

Rider: “Eventually, I will truly become the best Pharaoh to have ever lived. And in the future days ahead, even distant foreign poets will speak of me.”
    Nefertari:“Poetry?”
    Rider: “Yes.”
    Nefertari:“Are they like Sebayt​s[1]?”
    Rider: “No, they’re different. As a part of myth. For example, let’s see, they are like this.

While still thinking, I let the words ride off my tongue and release a melody produced by the murmuring of the Nile.
    As if I’m preaching to my people. No.
    It was a sham blade-like verse that tells the Gods.

Rider: “My name is Ozymandias! The King of Kings! O’ Amen Ra, the supreme god, look at the works I have accomplished―――and despair!”

[1] Sebayt is the ancient Egyptian term for a genre of pharaonic literature. The word literally means 'teachings' or 'instructions' and refers to formally written ethical teachings focused on the "way of living truly".

Part 1-C: Third Person POV
    Spoiler:

My parting with the mighty Moses.
    The betrayal. The shock of it. The first rage in my life.
    The sad tears that my beloved flower shed only once.
    Guided by the prophet, the Naruna people began their pilgrimage.
    The fierce army of Egypt pursued them in a tumultuous rage crying, “They must never be forgiven, they must be annihilated.”
    The sea of reeds.
    The sea parted in two and became a path.
    The striking glow that I never saw again in my subsequent life.
    Truly, that is―――

Rider: “……Thinking back, I guess.”

Gazing at the black color of the Tokyo Bay through the sky glass. It leaves a bitter taste in his mouth.
    The aftertaste of the cocktail he should have drunken singes his tongue even now.
    “I’m certain, if it was you, you would have found another way. My queen, the manifestation of the goddess Hathor and protected by the goddess of truth, Maat, Nefertari. This time now too. If you were here next to me, what would you say?”

Narrowing his eyes at the empty seat next to him, Rider sadly smiles.

Rider: “―――――”

He announces inaudible words with just a few words.

Rider: “I’ve decided.”

Beyond the dark Tokyo Bay, little points of lights are visible. Supposedly, they are lit for aircraft flying in the dead of night. A still unfinished large structure, the Kisarazu artificial island, a connection point linking the bridge to the underwater tunnel in the Tokyo Bay Aqua-Line, the Tokyo Bay underwater crossroads which stems from Kawasaki city in Kanagawa Prefecture to the city of Kisarazu in Chiba Prefecture. Surely it had a nickname similar to firefly?
    Certainly, that which made the aeronautical lights shine on the night sea. Are surely similar to fireflies.

Rider: “Over there.”

He narrows his sun concealing eyes.
    His resolve brimming.

Rider: “This sea is perfect for me. Ah, yes. Now, Pharaoh Ozymandias―――”

―――As the ruler and builder of all temples, as a god born from the god, Ra, who must be venerated.
    ―――Shall save this wide world from here on.
    Last edited by PhoenixRising; September 8th, 2020 at 06:50 AM.

Hi guys,
    As promised, here is Story 2 of the Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver 4th Drama CD Bonus Novel - Fragments 2: Those Who Continue To Fight. This is a tale set in the past. When Arthur fought against the Questing Beast

Part 1-A: Third Person POV
    Spoiler:

Drama CD 4 - Fragments 2 - Those Who Continue to Fight

They were days of endless battles.
    The vile king Vortigern who had transformed into a mighty formidable black dragon, after leading some lords in a revolt.
    The giants who stood out with their extraordinary vitality and the Picts who came from a strange land.
    The endless waves of Saxons who invaded Britain like an occurrence or a phenomenon.
    Dragons. Giants. Foreigners. And mysterious beasts.

It is a much smaller island compared than the vastness of an endless continent, but for some reason, there was always an external enemy threatening the kingdom.
    He continued to fight.
    He kept on vanquishing them.
    There must have been days where he got wet with blood spurts pouring down on him as if it was rain, but it was hard for him to remember anymore. He felt as if he was always wet. With red.

That was true for today as well.
    The King of Knights raises his holy blade in the dead of night and slices apart the enemy threatening his homeland.

???: “――――――――――――――――――!”

He could hear a howl.
    If it did belong to a natural animal, just listening to that voice, its fierce sound would cause fear, paralysis, loss of someone’s trembling fighting spirit and even make someone lose consciousness. Even with hundreds of hunting dogs starved for blood, it would be difficult to raise a howl this high. Dominating one of Britain’s dark forests, it was a master of mysteries spoken by the mages. A monstrous beast. It hadn’t been seem on the continent before, however, it is clearly a great enemy that hurts people on the island.

Its name is the Questing Beast.

It is said to have the long winding head of a Great Rainbow Serpent.
    According to rumors whispered by nearby villagers, it has the bottom of a lion, the king of beasts, the torso of a panther said to inhabit the continent and its limbs have a twist like a deer. An impossible beast.
    Dozens of soldiers have already been killed by it. And more than 200 people have been devoured by it.
    The beast might be doing it to live, but it was clearly an enemy.

Merlin: “You are the ones who created that creature.”

The Mage of Flowers said to him while forming a smile with her cherry-coloured lips.

Merlin: “Once in a certain land, there lived a beautiful and wise princess. Whether it was Britain or the main continent, or a much different place or a country that had sunk into the sea. I don’t know that much. But anyway, that princess hopelessly loved her older brother. The kind of love between men and women, you see. At the tip of her anguish, she finally revealed her hidden feelings for him, but since she was so badly rejected, she was already contemplating about taking her life. That was when a beautiful demon gallantly appeared before her.”

Merlin: “The demon said. “If you sleep with me, I can obtain the heart of you beloved, your princely brother for you.” The princess was fascinated by the demon, so she agreed and slept with him. Implanted with hatred, the princess lied and said that she had been raped by her brother. Upon hearing this, the king flew into a mad rage and sentenced the princess’ brother, his own son to death. He would be mauled to death alive by a pack of hunting dogs."

Merlin: “Upon his death, the older brother said. “Woe to the beautiful princess, woe to my little sister. What you will give birth to, is a monster which shall continue to give off the same howl as the very hunting dogs which killed me. It is curse upon you.”

Merlin: “And then it was born. The Questing Beast.”
    Saber: “What about the princess? Was she executed after giving birth?”
    Merlin: “Don’t you see, Red Dragon. Arthur. That is a beast born at the end of love and hate. A monstrous beast? Hahaha, no way. If I have to dare say it, then yes.”
    Merlin: “――― It is your very cries itself.”

And then, the howling beast appears, pushing aside the trees in the forest.
    Oh, no. Its appearance is completely different from what was spoken of in the rumours.
    A snake doesn’t have seven eyes.

Among all the rumors, the only one he could say was correct is the bizarre length of its neck and that some of its parts were similar to an animal originating from the continent. It had huge pillar-like legs like a giant elephant, however, the legs were crooked like a deer’s and its body was covered with steel like scales which he had never witnessed before. The entire tail was changing into a sharp blade reminiscent of a knight's sword.
    And, it had a huge body that could be compared to all the living beings correctly breathing on the earth.

Its body height was so high one could look up at it, like a fort. Its majestic appearance resembled a dragon, sometimes called “the apex of mysteries.”

Saber: “The Questing Beast.”

The King of Knights raises the holy blade in his right hand.

Saber: “Don’t howl anymore. Don’t growl. Don’t kill.”

The silver blade gathers the moonlight and shines.

Saber: “Now prince with no country. You will now meet your end here!”

It was a declaration of war.
    The beast approaches him as he raises a wailing cry. Indeed, it’s not very swift. Its crooked large legs destroys the forest land with the force of a battering ram and it can likely turn a raging giant into flecks of bone and flesh as it crushes its opponent and yet still have leftover power, but if it was this slow, then it was no problem for him.
    The King of Knights evades its charge with just a calm step.

A slash of crossing passes. The fake blade of the holy sword which boasts unparalleled sharpness before the last decisive moment, mows down the monster’s legs as the silver colour that essentially functions as a scabbard draws an arc―――or it was supposed to. But it slips through it.

Saber: “!”

It wasn’t careless.
    Therefore, with respect to the swung-down assault by the front legs released by the beast, he could easily defend it with his drawn back sword, however, he couldn’t hide it until the colour of surprise came to its eyes. The great mysteries spoken of by the mages, while they are lives living in the world like natural plants and animals, the King of Knights views the supernatural as entirely different creatures. Meaning, it hides itself by melting into the darkness of the night like a shadow, matter transmission, or constant disabling attacks!

Saber: “Now I see.”

Silence immediately filled the area.
    Covering the moonlight which was slightly peeking from the break in the forest trees, its giant body completely vanished after a momentary passing and a single exchange of blows. The scent of its choking blood and animal smell vanished and even its screams which clung to the back of his ears and made him think that it would never disappear didn’t resonate even a little, so he couldn’t say that it didn’t exist from the beginning. Silence.
    The King of Knights wasn’t able to sense what exactly was happening. He didn’t have enough knowledge.

Since the matter of the Questing Beats and the very fierce beasts had been left to the Knights of the Round Table including Sir Palamedes, or even if he heard periodic reports directly from Sir Agravain, he could not fully grasp each and every one of its abilities as a supernatural creature. Or, is this presence concealment, this perfect invisibility, a trump card of the monster who hasn’t even shown itself to Sir Palamedes?
    If so, then what should the King of Knights do?

Against a surprise attack from a blind spot, it will eventually come from―――

Questing Beast: “―――――――――――――――!”

Another howl!
    But the giant beast’s reappearance point is unknown. Its screams are all around the King.
    Immediately after that, the curved great monster appeared before his eyes. Right in front of him. Slashing it up even faster than lightning, the King of Knights controlled the flash with his wind blade, but the giant beast’s moves were even faster. It fired a wide-open conflagration blast on a large enough scale that it would swallow a whole squad of soldiers at ultra-high speed from a jaw wide enough that it could devour his whole head!

Questing Beast: “Fire Breathe!”

He was not at a distance to avoid it.
    In that moment, he had no choice but to plant his legs on the ground and bear the brunt of it using his holy blade as a shield.
    The giant beast might have grasped it. The King of Knights who can bear the fury of a mystery because of the inhuman magical power that lies within the dragon heart concealed in himself endures the flames with a series of clenches. While maintaining his defensive stance, the King receives the attacks, but they do not stop until a sharp fang pierces the King’s head. Fresh blood. Cloaked in sky-silver armour, will the King of Knights die here with a large hole drilled into his skull? No. In the moment when the small tinge of red was about to flow down from his head, he pushed the holy blade into the monster with a ferocious force and rips out all of its fangs―――
    Slash. He releases a brilliant side slash as if it was flowing.

Cleaving its hair like the outer wall of a fortress, he gouges out its steel-like flesh and bone and severs some of its soft innards.
    There was a reaction. It cannot slip through it. It cannot seem to activate the ability to transform into shadow at the same time as it executes its two biting attack motions and its Fire Breathe. If that’s the case, then……

Saber:
    “Haaaaaah!”

A series of furious strikes.
    Instead of using both hands, he slices it up bit by bit with emphasized flexibility as he holds it in one hand.
    The giant beast screams in pain as it twists its body. The nature of it is different than its previous screams.
    He can kill it. He can beat it. He wields his sword with certainty.

He understands as he does so. Continuing to pursue this giant beast to hunt him, Sir Palamedes who was even called the Knight of Inquiry was a skilled master as expected. It’s hard to notice because it was covered in animal fur, but if he looked carefully at the distance of which he wielded his sword, he could see a deep sword cut in the monster’s torso. This sharpness and depth. Without a doubt, it is the sword of a knight who was born in Saracen and whom he had gathered for the round table.

Palamedes: ‘It fell into the lake.’
    Saber: 'I have confirmed that much with Sir Percival. After a while, the water in the lake began to boil and everything in the lake melted and vanished. That breathe of flames it released made it so. I thought it would stay this way until the world’s end, but heat of lake subsided after a few days.’
    Palamedes: “Did it finally draw its last breath? I like to believe it, but―――’

Sir Palamedes continued to devote his life to the subjugation of the giant beast. Although he was desperate to report whether or not he finally vanquished the Questing Beast with an injured body from the fierce battle, he wasn’t able to affirm it in the end, but his needless fears had truly shot its mark. It was safe to say that the King of Knights went in pursuit of it without waiting for the return of Sir Percival who had remained behind to guard the lake.

Its cursed screams continued.
    Ahh, despite being injured, the giant beast still had enough power to slaughter people.
    However. That was until tonight.

Saber: “O’ clever beast who continues to sadly howl, detest us, for it was our work and love that created you.”

The King says to the giant beast, even as the monster who can no longer transform into a half-transparent shadow because it had lost some organs from the King of Knights’ fierce attack tries to invoke its skill of vanishing its body into shadows again. While taking a unique stance.
    He widens the distance between his legs more than usual―――
    As he raises the holy blade in both of his hands above his right shoulder, he drops his hips low and charges his power into his body.
    He was strongly aware of the ground he firmly stepped on with his heavy boots.

Saber: “This is not where you belong.”

The giant beast’s response to his words, was as expected, a scream like it was shouting towards the night sky.
    With a slight delay, it released a fire breathe charged with more magical power than a before. It instantly carbonised the trees in the forest which existed in its range and turned them into black like the earth. Having been exposed to the super intense heat, the ground melted and bubbled.

The King of Knight’s figure is gone.
    Was he burned away by the flame?
    No. That’s wrong.

The king’s figure was already at the giant beast’s back.
    Behold, the beast’s huge head. The place where there should have been a grotesque snake-like face.
    Now, there is only a gaping hole there.

Transforming his body and sword into lightning that ran faster than anyone on earth, the King of Knights pierced the giant beast’s head through the flame breathe from the front.
    The red which soaks and sticks to his surcoat is not his, but the giant beast’s.

Saber: “Britain will not be destroyed. I will keep on fighting against it. So……”

The Questing Beast collapses to the ground.
    Like a marionette with its strings cut―――
    Or, like a buck just after its been shot mid-air in its vitals.
    A roaring sound echoed, the birds that seemed to be bating their breathe on the tree branches flew off all at once.

Saber: “Rest for now.”

Part 1-B: Third Person POV
    Spoiler:

Percival: “Welcome back, Arthur! Red Dragon! Wow you look like shit…...what the hell is with all that blood on ya!?”
    Saber: “I’m hurt too, y’know.”
    Percival: “Aren’t ya just a little bit hurt? Guess it can’t be helped. I’ll give you an ointment, here.”
    Saber: “Thanks.”
    Percival: “But, well, you surprised me this time. It was originally supposed to be an unbeatable creature. After all, it was a…. Well, never mind, not like I know. Even Palamedes would have a hassle hunting that beast down.”
    Saber: “We couldn’t leave it alone. It hurt innocent civilians.”
    Percival: “That might be true, but…….”
    Saber: “Nothing more, nothing less.”
    Percival: “I see. ―――So, how’s things going between you and Morgan lately? Have you seen her recently?”
    Saber: “……Why are you talking about my older sister?”
    Percival:“Ahahahaha.”
    Saber: “?”
    Percival: “Wait, you’re seriously asking me that?”
    Part 1-C: Third Person POV
    Spoiler:

The giant beast’s remains vanished entirely like mist.
    Did the giant beast who was born at the end of love and hate obtain serenity through the sleep of death at last?
    Or did it just vanish, like when Sir Palamedes wielded his blade against it?
    In the records in Avalon, only one sentence remained saying that the Questing Beast chased by Sir Palamedes perished in a lake.
    The King of Knights did not say anything.
    He still wields his holy blade today.

He will still continue to fight intently for something as he gets hurt today.
    ―――As he fights against overwhelming foreign invaders and the unavoidable fate of destruction.
    ―――Sometimes, he even screams as he slashes.
    Last edited by PhoenixRising; September 8th, 2020 at 06:50 AM.

How many drama cd's out there? Wiki doesn't tell me anything

Mesopotamia's King Gilgamesh_maximaster's Avatar
    Mesopotamia's Throne(Viña del mar, chile)
    Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    How many drama cd's out there? Wiki doesn't tell me anything
    5 one each volume

So 25 drama cd's? Darn..how many is translated including this .

@Takashi - The Drama CDs have 5 Volumes in total. Each Volume comes with two drama cds (Except Volume 5 which has 5 drama track cds), a bonus original soundtrack cd and a bonus book with extra side stories in it collectively called Fragments. However, I'm only translating the novels and the bonus books that come with the drama CDs.

So far I have translated the sidestories from Volumes 1 - 4. I am currently working on Volume 5.

As far I know the first drama CD has been translated on Youtube or at least some of it. I haven't checked recently, but they should still be there.
    Last edited by PhoenixRising; September 8th, 2020 at 04:02 AM.

Finished reading the new TL this morning, thanks for the hard work phoenix, really appreciate it

So 5 volumes of drama CDs.4 volume makes 8 CDs + 5 CDs of volume 5 therefore 13 CDs.Thanks for the information and TL

US Friend Code
    Did anyone make a PDF or something of the whole thing?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I just wanted to start off by saying thank you for the translations! I really appreciate what you do here!

I also had a question. I heard Phoenix say that volume 4, 5, and Labyrinth are already translated by her? Could anyone link me to where I can find those translations?

Oh right, updated that now with Labyrinth links and fixed the drama CD section to reflect the volume/cd thingy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Phoenix is translating the short stories that comes with drama CDs.
    There is another thread where one is translating drama CDs.

Hi guys,
    As promised, here is Story 1 of the Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver 5th Drama CD Bonus Novel - Fragments 1: Not Here, Not Now.

Not Here, Not Now is set in between Fragments of Sky Silver and Fate/Prototype. It is a dream Saber has before being re-summoned to present.

Disclaimer: I do not own Fate/Prototype, Fragments or any Type-MOON related property. This is just a fan translation and should not be used or taken without my permission.

Part 1-A: Saber First Person Perspective

Spoiler:

Drama CD 5 - Fragments 1 - Not Here, Not Now

I can hear a voice―――
    Ahh, I’m having a dream.

Archer: “Good work out there. How about a drink, yeah?”

A dream.
    What can I call this besides a dream?
    If you are a Heroic Spirit who has gone through the normal process of manifestation that accompanies a summoning, then you do not need to take a nap to recover from brain fatigue, that is, you do not have to sleep even a little, but I have never run into a dream in the ocean of my sleep, so this is a slightly different situation for me. Although I’m of the Saber class, I cannot say I am a normal Servant.

I am Arthur Pendragon.
    I am not a Heroic Spirit or even a shadow of a dead person.
    The King of Knights at the moment of his death was given a tentative spirit origin, so I am a unique existence who implemented a contract with the world by my own free will.
    Meaning. I have a physical body.

Just like humans who live in the present-day or a creature with a proper life, I maintain my healthy lifestyle by replenishing my nutritional needs with meals, my oxygen supply by breathing and I live while successively resting my brain through sleep. I am not a magical being who does not require food or sleep like the other Heroic Spirits. And yet, I have a spirit origin as a summoned Heroic Spirit, the same as the other Heroic Spirits, because I’ve been formed as an aether body that is limited by the many innate abilities I have, so I am probably an abnormal Servant after all.

Thus. I also―――
    Dream in this way.

This strange yet peculiar scene must be a dream after all.

In the dim light of some aimless drifting glimmers, a handsome well-built man softly sits on a leather sofa, it is Archer who I fought over the Holy Grail with in 19991 Tokyo, but he is wearing contemporary styled clothes that I’ve never seen before and raising a glass with ice in it.

No. Is he presenting it to me? The amber-coloured liquid swaying in the glass is whiskey. Judging from its uniquely rich scent which contains a sweetness to it, the brand is fourteen-year-old Tullamore Dew. A distilled liquor bearing the name of a certain town in Ireland. It’s the same brand that the master of the Sajo family, Mr. Hiroki secretly likes, still, is this proof that this is a dream composed of information drawn from my brain?

Archer:
    “Are you listening, Saber? This is my first time drinking this, but this is pretty good booze.”
    Saber: “My master said “It wasn’t suitable for on the rocks.”

I naturally replied.
    While accepting the presented glass
    Saber: “But I guess I have no choice, if you’re the one recommending it,” I say with a smile on my mouth.

“Not bad, huh? I like it with ice,” the Heroic Spirit of the Bow laughs in response. “No, I don’t mind a drink of whatever. By the way, did you drink alcohol, eight years ago? I did. Something called Pilsner beer. I don’t think I’ll do it again here though.”

Saber: “Nah. This is a first for me.”

Without sitting on the sofa, I bring the glass to my lips while still standing.
    A rich fragrance. At the spot of the master’s evening drink which he sometimes holds at the Sajo residence at midnight, I’ve never tasted a drop of alcohol due it to being in the middle of the Holy Grail War, but I never thought I would get the chance to do it in a dream like this. Perhaps I had a considerable interest in the distilled liquor that Master Hiroki enjoyed.
    Inside the glass, the sound of melting ice rings.

???:
    “When I was alive, I―――”

The voice of a cheerful man resounds.
    It doesn’t belong to the archer.
    This is the voice of a king. Correctly speaking, it is the voice of a man who is the King of Kings and even a god.

???:
    “I heard there was a hero in the Orient who served the King of Pars, Arash Kamangir who was blessed by the gods and did the right thing. Hmm. Though it is inconceivable that I should partake of the same alcohol in this way, what’s more to have an audience with you as friends and foes alike after surely dying once.”
    ???: “You’re certainly in a good mood, Pharaoh Ozymandias.”

The sound of a woman like a spring flower blooming in the snow responds to the King’s words.
    I know both the voice of the king and the woman’s voice too.
    But what is with this calmness?

???: “Alcohol is good, but it’s even better with ice. That’s probably the reason for it.”
    ???: “Well, thank you very much. I’m honoured to receive your praise.”

Beyond my gaze, through the melting ice―――――
    There was a man and woman seated on the same sofa.
    The man is the Heroic Spirit of the Mount. The ruthless but mighty Pharaoh Ozymandias who nobly died in his temple on top of Tokyo Bay.
    The woman is the Heroic Spirit of the Lance. The crazy war maiden, Brunhilde, whom I pierced with my sword at the Ikebukuro Sunshine 60.
    No. I don’t feel the mighty and dangerous things that I once witnessed from either of the Heroic Spirits.

I cannot find the insanity and rage that was enough to try and burn the entirety of Tokyo. On the contrary, from their facial expressions, gestures to the intonation of their words, it made me feel calm and warm. Unleashed from their nature as a Heroic Spirit as a fighting machine to accomplish their goals, Servants who serve their Master as magical familiars, their figures were just like humans who’ve ended their severe battles and finally gained perpetual peace.

Saber: “Oh, I see.

I mumbled.
    I understand.

As I drank from the cold alcohol cup Archer offered to me,
    While watching Rider’s and Lancer’s pleasant conversation,
    Multiple new shadows were caught in the corner of my view, when I recognised the figures of Berserker, Caster and Assassin gathered together talking about something, I was already very convinced.

Ahh, I’m――― having a dream. And then.

Part 1-B: Conversation between Caster, Assassin and Berserker
    Spoiler:

Berserker: “Will you quit talking about spiders, Caster?”
    Caster: “Oh. Is something wrong?
    Assassin: “Do you hate spiders?”
    Berserker: “It’s not as if I’m weak against spiders as a creature, Assassin. I hold a very great interest in beings like insects and non-insects. If you want to be a great scholar, you have to learn natural history. But spiders are bad. Spiders are…….”

Caster: “Spiders are?”
    Berserker: “Yes, a simple spider isn’t particularly bad, per say. It is too…...how should I put it?”
    Caster: “…...Too particularly cruel to the human eye.”
    Berserker: “Yes.”
    Caster: “Spiders. They’re cute though.”
    Berserker: “Yeah. No, it’s not as if I hate spiders themselves.”
    Caster: “Do you like spiders, Assassin?”
    Assassin: “I, if it’s about spider venom, I can tell you quite a few things about it.”

Caster: “That is very interesting. But how about we control ourselves for now. Berserker is getting scared.”
    Berserker: “H-Hey, hold on a minute, Caster. I’m not scared!”
    Assassin: “I understand that you’re bad with spiders. So, we won’t talk about them.”
    Berserker: “Thanks, Assassin…...”

Caster: “Umm, well then, how about instead of spiders, we talk about spider venom instead?”
    Assassin: “I see. In that case. How about it, Berserker?”
    Berserker: “About that, well, you see――――”

Part 1-C
    : Rider and Lancer conversation
    Spoiler:

Rider: “Oh, so he’s a swordsman who obtained something with supernatural wisdom and a demon sword user too.”
    Lancer: “Yes, Pharaoh.”
    Rider: “Let me guess his name before you say it. Haha. I know who it is. The son of the hero Sigmund, the one who overcame Barnstokk[1], the Sigurd who drove the divine horse, Sleipnir! That great hero is the one you loved!”
    Lancer: “As expected of a pharaoh. Yes, that’s correct. But…...”
    Rider: “Something wrong?”
    Lancer: “I, I love him even now. That is why……”
    Rider: “I see. Then, I was mistaken. Forgive my rudeness, Lancer. It’s true, even if we are nothing more than a mere shadow engraved into human reason, we again have the same soul and we remember the days of our past as our own experiences. If that’s true, then I can say that my feelings for Queen Nefertari are not a thing of the past, but a love that lasts forever further than the present.”
    Lancer: “Yes.”
    Rider: “It’s the same for you too.”

Lancer: “Yes, Pharaoh. It is as you say.”
    Rider: “Yes. Yes. ……. Did you hear that, hero of the east there? How is our love alive? Reveal yourself since you heard ours. Even if you obtain flesh and bones of aether, you will never forget those flame-like feelings.”
    Archer: “Hm? Me. I’m not familiar with that area.”
    Rider: “Well, Archer. It doesn’t seem that way to me……”
    Archer: “I’ve never decided on a single woman. My bad.”
    Rider: “Oh……”
    Rider: “What about that red-haired Master of yours?”
    Archer: “Hmm. Nope, I don’t know, it seems hasty to count my Master just yet.”

[1] Barnstokk: The Great God’s Trial

Part 1-D: Caster, Assassin and Berserker Conversation
    Spoiler:

???: “……Umm. I think I’m out of place here.”

Assassin: “TATSUMI!”
    Berserker: “Tatsumi!?”

Tatsumi Kitano: “Hey Assassin. Been a while, Jekyll. I’m so glad. You remembered me.”
    Caster: “Berserker would never forget about you, Tatsumi Kitano.”
    Tatsumi Kitano: “Really?”

Assassin: “Tatsumi, want something to drink. We’ve got juice and alcohol.”
    Tatsumi Kitano: “No, I’m underage…. but, since there’s no law here. I think I will have something to drink!”
    Assassin: “Yeah!”
    Caster: “Haha. Feel free to do as you like, Tatsumi, Assassin. Berserker, how about another drink?”

Berserker: “No, thanks…. Hey, wait, wait, wait, hold on a second, Caster! What is going on here? I assumed the remnants of the souls left in the bottom of the Lesser Grail still left in Tokyo belonged to us, so why is a human’s, no Master’s…...no, Tatsumi’s consciousness appear here? It’s like the continuity is keeping up with the past……”
    Caster: “That’s true.”
    Berserker: “Did you just nod, Caster? Then, is this one of your illusions?”

Caster: “No, not at all. I did nothing at all.”
    Berserker: “Then, Assassin, did you―――”
    Caster: “Eight years ago, Assassin preserved her appearance in this world by devouring souls. When she killed your Master, she proceeded to devour his soul along with the release of her Noble Phantasm. If so, then it’s no surprise that she brought the remains of your companion’s soul here to be with hers.”

Berserker: “Tha―――n-no, I’m not talking about that. Soul devouring in this case, maintains one’s aether’s body, the body of a Heroic Spirit by ingesting the soul as energy that is tied to one’s prana.”
    Caster: “Heehee. Yes. But all of that is trivial, Berserker.”
    Berserker: “?”

Caster: “After all, this is an ephemeral dream. A fun nightmare. If this is one act of the modest dream that passes through the mind of the Holy Blade user who is trying to head to further battles, then……”

Part 1-E
    : Saber - First Person Perspective
    Spoiler:

I got drunk.
    Drunk. I wonder when the first time I got drunk was.
    If I think that it is the alcohol you drink after a battle, then is this the high-quality alcohol for my first victory in a long time?
    But I have a slight hesitation in my heart.

Is my battle truly over?

The Tokyo Greater Grail. I do remember wielding my holy blade in the bottom of the darkness. Although I liberated the six seals, the realization that the holy blade’s light would drown out the evil trying to manifest on the earth and swallow the embodiment of calamity, the Beast was certainly engraved in my memory area. If so, then is it still okay for me to accept that the battle has ended and I got through the Holy Grail War?
    I don’t know. While savouring the slow drunkenness brought to my nerves by the strong alcoholic beverage which cannot be felt by a proper Heroic Spirit, the soul that was carved into the throne after my death, I vaguely heard the words of they who should have truly finished their battle.

Ahh, I can hear it.
    There is someone who said that they will return to the side of their loved ones after this banquet is over. There is someone who said that they will not shut everything away in their long-awaited peace. There is someone who shyly said that they head to an eternal sleep, never to awaken again, with just a sole light of the love and the memories he obtained.
    Someone said.
    What will you do now? And then.

Saber: “……I.”

If this battle has ended, then I have a place I must go to too.
    I need to accept an unavoidable fate.
    Although, I intended to answer, “Yes.”

Saber: “I have something left to do.”

I said, contrary to my feelings.

Saber: “That’s why, I must go.”

Ah, yes. That’s right.
    I―――

Saber: “I will save my only lady, and, save the world.”

In 1991 Tokyo, I once plunged the world into a life or death crisis.
    I told myself I will protect my young lady.
    I must subjugate it.
    My new battlefield.

???: ‘Yes, well said!’

A familiar sound jumps into my ears.
    It is the voice of my teacher and friend that reaches me without fail from their tower beyond the crazily blooming flower field.

Saber: “Merlin.”
    Merlin: ‘Yes, that’s correct. I am the gorgeous mage of flowers who continues to keep nervously watching over your battles.
    Your kind-hearted big sister has brought a small present for you who seem a little tired from the continuing Holy Grail War. I thought it would be a little camphor agent for you.’
    Saber: “That’s modern talk.”
    Merlin: ‘Aren’t I always watching the world from my tower? I can remember a lot of phrases.’
    Saber: “Seems so.”
    Merlin: ‘Hehehehehe,’ her laugh is like a fairy’s. ‘So, how about it? Should I get rid of a little of your exhaustion from the series of battles? Or maybe you want to immerse yourself in it for a little longer?’
    Saber: “Oh. I’d liked to do that, but…...”

I narrow my eyes.
    In my view, Lancer is laughing with Rider and Archer.
    Assassin who was cuddled up with a strange boy is reservedly smiling, Berserker is looking at them while showing a kind expression, Caster is placing his hand on Berserker’s shoulder.

Saber: “Their battles are over, Merlin.”
    Merlin: ‘That’s true. You can say they’re over, or you can say they’re not over.’
    Saber: “That’s a strange way of saying it.”
    Merlin: ‘They are souls who ran through the First Holy Grail War. I won’t say all of it, but the parts of their souls and the remains of their spirit origins are even now still being held prisoner in the depths of the Greater Grail. I’m sure that they will crawl their way to the surface before long to kill you.’
    Saber: “I see.”

I stir up the glass all at once.
    After the sensation of strong alcohol slides down my throat―――
    In the next moment, I shake off all my intoxication.
    The will to fight. Turning the passion in my soul into flames, I completely burn through all off my fatigue and hesitation and renew my determination and resolve. I’ll fight. With the radiance of the holy blade once again in my hands. I will fight, I will protect my beautiful lady, I will protect the world of 1991 which she lives in, and my friends――――the ones who I fought with in the Holy Grail War from eight years ago, I must save the vestiges of my friends who lent me their power to take down the Beast.

Saber: “I’m going now. It’s about time you wake me up. Merlin.”
    Merlin: ‘You’re not going to say goodbye to them?’
    Saber: “No.”

I turn my back to them as they still keep on with the banquet―――

Saber: “―――That is. I’ll tell them again after I've finished everything.”
    Last edited by PhoenixRising; September 20th, 2020 at 12:09 AM.

Hi guys,
    As promised, here is Story 2 of the Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver 5th Drama CD Bonus Novel - Fragments 2: ―――And Then, On A Certain Day in February, 1999

―――And Then, On A Certain Day in February, 1999 is set sometime during the 2nd Tokyo Holy Grail War. It is about Ayaka'a thoughts as she prepares a midnight supper with Saber.

Disclaimer: I do not own Fate/Prototype, Fragments or any Type-MOON related property. This is just a fan translation and should not be used or taken without my permission.

Part 1-A: Ayaka - First Person Perspective

Spoiler:

Drama CD 5 - Fragments 2 - ―――And Then, On A Certain Day in February, 1999

Saber: “Shall we prepare supper together, Ayaka?”

He said, all of a sudden.
    A certain day in February, 1999.
    In the maelstrom of the large-scale magic ritual, the Second Tokyo Holy Grail War where seven Servants and Masters gather, fight and take each other’s lives, naturally, it is very important to manage and maintain your health through proper nutrition and rest, but at the same time, I had a serious issue with being very hungry at midnight because of either my growth period or using magic, so to be honest, I hated his proposal―――

Supper?
    Prepare?

A human shaped magical weapon like a Heroic Spirit with me, his Master?
    At first, I wondered if I was dreaming.
    However, his expression is so serious, it seems like his green eyes which are staring straight at mine as if they’re saying that he has no intention of making fun of me at all are shining through me, dammit.
    I can only say, “Dammit.”

Ayaka: “……. Supper, umm let’s see, what should we make?”
    Saber: “What do you suggest?”
    Ayaka: “Please don’t answer a question with a question.”
    Saber: “I thought we should make something you want to eat.”
    Dammit!

Part 1-B: Ayaka - First Person Perspective
    Spoiler:

Macaroni Gratin.

“Let’s have Macaroni Gratin for our supper menu,” he decided.

Gratin. I somewhat remember it from when I was kid. I don’t remember the specific period, but whenever I came home from school, I often used to eat frozen gratin at night when I was home alone and my father and my sister weren’t here.

I felt like the gratin I ate alone wasn’t very delicious.
    But I don’t hate gratin itself. It’s my favourite food.
    I was a little surprised because he shouldn’t have possibly known that.

Ever since I met him, we’ve only talked about cooking with fried eggs, so why did he get my favourite food exactly right? I’ve never heard of a Servant who has a contract with a Master automatically knowing their master’s tastes.

Saber: “What’s wrong?”
    Ayaka: “Nothing really.”

The number of times he stands in the kitchen is steadily increasing, soon, he may cook more I do during the day. Although it’s fine to say, “I don’t really mind,” in the magic world, it seems a little too mundane for me to use a Ghost Liner[1] which materialised bringing an entity, an unprecedented and extremely valuable Heroic Spirit along with it like this.

Be that as it may, he is a being who has intelligence, a will and body.
    As long as we live together, it may be natural for us to carry about dinner duty together.
    It’s not as if I have a chef or a servant like Misaya.
    While thinking about such various things, I am in the middle of finely slicing the mushrooms, finely chopping the onions and preparing the pre-cooking arrangements according to his instructions.

Ayaka: “Saber, the boiling water.”

The water in the large pot for boiling the macaroni was beginning to boil as it simmered and turned into hot water as it was raised over the gas stove, it was already time to add the macaroni, but when I glanced at him―――
    He was standing in front of the refrigerator.

At first, I didn’t know what he was doing.
    No, he wasn’t doing anything.

Opening the fridge door halfway, he picked up a bottle of red wine that had been left in the fridge for cooking sake, but then he stopped his movements while still absentmindedly staring at the bottle. Chills ran down spine, it felt a little different from stopping while still thinking. What? What happened to him so suddenly? He’s properly connected to my magic circuits and he shouldn’t be having a problem with his prana supply, it’s weird to see him standing so quiet and emotionless!

Ayaka: “Saber!”
    Saber: “……Hm? Oh, sorry. We don’t need cooking sake for this menu, do we?”

“Eh.” Ah, thank goodness. Seems he wasn’t out of prana after all. “Y, yeah, that’s right.”

Saber: “It appears I worried you, Ayaka. Sorry about that. I wasn’t thinking ‘I like to enjoy some alcohol’ or anything, I was just thinking a little.”
    Ayaka: “I wasn’t really worried about you.”

Huh?
    I feel like my tone was colder than necessary.

It’s easy to excuse it as, “Talking to other people is not my strong point,” we’ve been together for days, but against someone who has avoided the verge of death in battles with other Heroic Spirits a couple of times already, it is surely my problem, not his, that there is still a sense of distance between us.

I’m not really sure how to rephrase it in this situation.
    It feels a little weird to say, “Sorry,” but I think it’s even more weird to explain it as, “It wasn’t my intention to say it so strongly.” Which is why, the utmost I can hope for is to return to the work at hand and continue my pre-cooking preparations. Probably.

I continue finely chopping the onions.
    Before starting on the next onion after finishing chopping one onion, I take a glimpse at how he’s doing.
    He is tossing the Macaroni into the pot and mixing it with chopsticks while watching the heat.
    ‘He doesn’t seem to be particularly upset by what I said.’ I think.

Saber: “Ayaka.”

“What is it?” While still thinking that he hasn’t noticed me watching him with a sidelong glance.

Saber: “You’re amazing. It’s suitably finely chopped, isn’t it? You’re completely ready to cook, Ayaka.”
    Ayaka: “Huh? Saber, you act like my big brother at times, you know that, but……”

While being careful not to sound as cold as before,

Ayaka: “I’m not a child.”
    Saber: “That is true. Ayaka is wonderful lady.”
    Ayaka: “How does determining that I’m a lady have to do with being able to finely chop stuff…………?
    Saber: “Hahaha. I didn’t mean it like that.”

He smiles.
    At times like this, his smile is completely different from the air of a Servant who fights in blue and silver armour, in that moment, yes, it makes me forget for two seconds that he is the ultimate magical weapon which is said to be the embodiment of mysteries. Before he engraved his existence as a Heroic Spirit into human history, back when he has alive as a human, I would if he often made expressions like this―――
    These past few days, although I thought about the same things, countless times, I always end up thinking.

I don’t know his past.
    I don’t know his true name.
    What kind of Heroic Spirit is he? He…...

Perhaps it has something to do with what happened in his lifetime, but his many words and deeds seem like――― he’s being kind towards me.
    I wonder, what about the other Masters and Servants beside us?

To what extent do they share information about each other? Do they talk about everything in detail? Or, do they not talk a great deal, there is no reason for a Master to talk a lot about themselves to their familiar? At the very least, I feel like the Servants that we’ve seen in the ongoing Second Holy Grail War wouldn’t cook with their Master.

I don’t know.
    There are a lot of things I don’t know.
    Under these circumstances, there is one thing I am convinced of.
    I must be the only Master who doesn’t know the true name of their Servant.

Since its dangerous for him to tell his true name to an unskilled magus like me, he won’t reveal his true name to me.
    I understand his reasoning. I think it makes sense.

He said he will reveal it to me eventually, but when on earth will that day come―――

Saber: “Ayaka. How’s the white sauce?”
    Ayaka: “Wait a second.”

I’m moving my hands precisely while thinking about this or that.
    I had long since finished the preparations for the onions, mushrooms and chicken meat, so I was now in the middle of making the white sauce in the heavy pot. After boiling the butter, I add wheat flour and pour in some milk which adjusts to it as I mix it. Without putting it in all at once, I slowly put it in one cup at a time. Then right when it becomes a sticky white sauce. Don’t forget to add salt.
    It’s about ready. I take out a small plate and taste it.

Ayaka: “Hm. Is this how it should feel? Saber, do you want to a taste, too?”
    Saber: “Sure.”
    Ayaka: “Then, I’ll take out a new plate.”
    Saber: “There’s no need.”

He silently gestures, he will use the same plate that I used now.

That is…...
    Umm……
    What should I do?

I think, should I be overly aware of my Servant despite him being a man?
    While still maintaining my cool so as to not let him sense my hesitation as much as possible, I take the scooped up white sauce with the ladle, put it onto the small plate and hand it over to him with a “Here.” I never thought I would wind up in the awkward situation of doing spiritual training in the kitchen at midnight.

I swallow it somehow because it was no place for me to assert, “I don’t need that kind of tension.”
    “Thank you,” he places his lips to the small plate. “Yep, it tastes good. Let’s go with this.”

Ayaka: “It isn’t too watery?”
    Saber: “I told you. It tastes good.”

As he says it―――
    He shows me another smile. The glittering in his green eyes, were filled with the most brilliance today.
    No, even though the white sauce is just a little watery.

Dammit.

Ayaka: “I’m going to put cheese on it and bake it, so I was wondering if the flavour is too strong.”
    Saber: “I see. I’m eagerly anticipating the finished product.”
    Ayaka: “I think anyone can do that.”
    Saber: “You’re completely able to cook, Ayaka. You’re all grown up now.”
    Ayaka: “Hey, Saber, you’re……”

Dammit.
    Dammit!
    [1] Ghost Liner: A boundary recording zone. The greatest type of familiar which includes nature spirits, animal spirits, Guardian Spirits, Daemons, Ploy Kickshaws and Servants. Source: https://typemoon.fandom.com/wiki/Familiar

Last edited by PhoenixRising; September 20th, 2020 at 12:14 AM.