Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Prototype: Blue Silver Fragments Complete Version

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle PhoenixRising's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Oh, you read Vanadis too?
    Yep, I do.

Okay, so while I'm at it. I'll add Part 2 now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fate/Prototype: Blue Silver Fragments - Arc 1: Little Lady Arc
    Part 2 of 2 of Act 2
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Part 2-A: Journal Entry
    Spoiler:

Master Degrees.
    An angelic hierarchy.

It is a key, that controls an ultimate power which exterminates all obstacles.
    In the Holy Grail War, seven magi are bestowed with unparalleled weapons.

Seven classes of seven Heroic Spirits.
    One class of spirit per magus who has acquired the rank of an angel.
    We refer to these as “Servants”.

A being that transcends magical mysteries.
    The most powerful of illusions that people dream about.
    Even modern weapons that can burn a town to ashes, could never keep up with them.

Originally it wasn’t believed that they could be employed as a magus-level mystery familiar, leaving their names somewhere in history, they are the incarnations of great heroes who have established their legends.
    As the strongest most unparalleled beings, it has become possible to summon and manifest them for the first time due to the enormous magical power brought about by the Holy Grail.

Heroic Spirits are powerful, and unusual.
    In many cases they achieve the form of a person, but they are essentially not human.
    Therefore, Master Degrees are carved onto a Magus’s body.

A fragment of the Holy Grail’s power, they can control even Heroic Spirits who are beings that transcend magecraft.

They have a total of 3 strokes.
    In other words, it can compel a Heroic Spirit three times, or it can strengthen them.

Without this, the Holy Grail War cannot come into existence.

(An excerpt from an old notebook)

Part 2-B:
    Spoiler:

Saber: "Efficient,” you said.

Again, he spoke those words. His memory is accurate. Yesterday, he was engraving into his mind the information about the other Masters who had been anticipated at this current time, based on what he had heard from the magi who was that girl and her father.

The noted mage family, the Reiroukan family.

The daughter of the current family head who is regarded as one of the Masters, is said to be close to the same age as this girl. And, she is also an acquaintance.Beyond that he didn’t know what to think, but the girl had definitely said, that she was like a friend.

Arranging the information in his memory, he would carefully, choose his words. As a person, he had to follow an honest path. As a person, he must show his people the way to his utopia.

Saber:  “You said “to target the Master’s child.” I don’t want to make you, do something like kill a friend with your own hands.”
    Manaka:  “You’re so kind. Saber.”
    Saber:  “Manaka.”
    Manaka:  “But, I’m fine. You don’t have to worry about me.”
    Saber:   “People can make mistakes. However, you are wise. Even if you don’t choose to make a mistake, you can certainly, achieve your wish by attaining the Holy Grail.”
    Manaka: “Yep.”

Vaguely nodding――――The girl, is still, smiling at him.

Manaka:  “If it’s for your sake, I’ll do anything.”

It couldn’t reach her. It won’t reach her. Although she should be able to hear his remonstrating words, a conversation, isn’t being established. Why is that? He was aware of the impatience, that was inside of his heart. Therefore, he rushed to a conclusion. A single definitive word spoken earlier.
    In other words――――

Saber: 
    “Killing a person, is not a good thing. Manaka”
    Manaka:  “Why?”

Her voice, her words. It, gouged into his chest along with a huge shock. A blow by a huge steel hammer that could be swung on the battlefield, the fangs and claws of a dragon which rages piercing the earth and ripping apart the heavens, it would make one think that it wouldn’t even reach those, and it, was a blade brought by words and expressions. But, more than anything――――The girl herself, couldn’t feel it as the blade, deeply, pierces the inside of his breast. However, still, he won’t give up.

A while ago, this girl was happily talking. About the meal. About her younger sister. If that’s the case.

Then, there’s still hope.

Saber:  “For example”

Weaving, his words. Again. Still, he won’t give up.

Saber:  “The morning hours that I spent with you, your family. Your dear father and younger sister. That is the same thing. Surely, even to the Reiroukan Master――――”
    Manaka:  “Why, do you say such things?”

――――Her smile.

Manaka:  “I’ve decided, to give the Holy Grail to you.”

――――Her radiant eyes

Manaka:  “I’ll grant your wish. So that you can save Britain.”

――――Accompanied by even her beauty.

Manaka:  “If it’s for that purpose.”

――――A flower, a flower that’s brilliantly in full bloom.

Manaka: “Then, I can do anything, I’ll do anything for you.”

――――It’s just.
    ――――It's just that the girl, is faintly, softly, smiling at him.
    Last edited by PhoenixRising; September 4th, 2021 at 11:45 PM.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Wow, I didn't know she went yandere this early.

I figured it was a slower burn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

I'm sorry but Arthur trying to get Manaka to not kill everyone and her just brick walling him is honestly hilarious.

"Shouldn't we..not kill the innocent?"
    "Okay but it's for you."
    "But killing is wrong."
    "But it's for you."
    "..."
    Last edited by Nobody; February 12th, 2017 at 11:47 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
    Like Sakurai intended for Fragments to be similar to an ode or a ballad, which uses repetitive sentences too.
    Isn't Sakurai the same person who did the ~what a beautiful~ steampunk series? I heard it had lots of thematic repetition too, though the little bits I've read didn't seem as bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, I didn't know she went yandere this early.

I figured it was a slower burn.
    Yeah, she's full-out innocent psycho from the beginning. Makes me wonder, is it ever explained why she's so head-over-heels obsessed with Saber in the first place? Is she just a really big fan of King Arthur's legend (sort of like the deal with Bazett and Cu except, you know, psychotic and murderous) or is it something deeper?

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Yeah, she's full-out innocent psycho from the beginning. Makes me wonder, is it ever explained why she's so head-over-heels obsessed with Saber in the first place? Is she just a really big fan of King Arthur's legend (sort of like the deal with Bazett and Cu except, you know, psychotic and murderous) or is it something deeper?
    Iirc Arthur is pure and best husbando and she must protect him and his wish at all costs

When you look at it, she's basically a Grand Order player that managed to NP5 their favorite, most desired servant in a single ten-roll and wants nothing more than to make their dreams come true.
    Last edited by Nobody; February 12th, 2017 at 11:58 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    When you look at it, she's basically a Grand Order player that managed to NP5 their favorite, most desired servant in a single ten-roll
    ...She must die.

Painfully.
    canon finish apo vol 3

...She must die.

Painfully.
    She already did :^)

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    And then her little sister stole her bind code.

Almost makes me pity her. Almost.
    canon finish apo vol 3

It's fine though cause she'll come back with a better phone to run Grand Order on and reclaim her lost account.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Meanwhile Ayaka's stuck using Misaya's crappy alt.
    canon finish apo vol 3

With a lone, not even ascended servant.

- - - Updated - - -

On a more serious note though, I didn't know that Manaka and Misaya were friends (or that Manaka considered them friends, at least). Guess she really was willing to do everything for Arthur's wish.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Isn't Sakurai the same person who did the ~what a beautiful~ steampunk series? I heard it had lots of thematic repetition too, though the little bits I've read didn't seem as bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, I'm going to reveal Manaka's backstory, so this is a spoiler alert. But, from what I understand from the very last chapter of the Knight of Fate Arc (which contains Manaka's backstory). The reason why Manaka is so obsessed with Saber is......

Spoiler:

Manaka was originally born connected to the Root, however, at some point she decided to not look into her own future (since she could if she wanted to) and bound her own power of clairvoyance because she wanted to stay as a person.

However, despite doing this, she was still empty on the inside. Even so, she was okay with being that way, because just before she placed the "shackles" on her precognition, she had a vision. In this vision, she saw herself participating in the Holy Grail War as a Master, and falling in love with someone (Saber) She then explains that the reason she sealed her precognitive abilities because she wanted to experience the excitement of falling in love.

And then, on the day she was to summon Saber, Manaka became flustered and jittered by her excitement at summoning her "fated one." She also had all of these expectations about the person she was to fall in love with. When Manaka summoned Saber, Manaka was surprised by Saber because of his physique. Manaka then fell in love with him at first sight, because Saber in her eyes was "different" from what she had expected.

After this meeting, Manaka then starts developing her identity as an individual, and stops being an omnipotent being.

So, ultimately the reason why she is obsessed with Saber is because he defies her expectations, and because he turned Manaka from an omnipotent "God" into an ordinary girl. Manaka is also basically yandere because she was never a person, but an empty existence from the start and due to the omnipotent nature of her abilities, she basically had a god complex (not to the extent where she'd scream it out) and didn't have any self-identity or emotions, so when she became a person thanks to Saber, her newfound emotions and excitement caused her to become crazy.
    Last edited by PhoenixRising; February 13th, 2017 at 12:38 AM.

Okay, I'm going to reveal Manaka's backstory, so this is a spoiler alert. But, from what I understand from the very last chapter of the Knight of Fate Arc (which contains Manaka's backstory).

Spoiler:

Manaka was originally born connected to the Root, however, at some point she decided to not look into her own future (since she could if she wanted to) and bound her own power of clairvoyance because she wanted to stay as a person.

However, despite doing this, she was still empty on the inside. Even so, she was okay with being that way, because just before she placed the "shackles" on her precognition, she had a vision. In this vision, she saw herself participating in the Holy Grail War as a Master, and falling in love with someone (Saber) She then explains that the reason she sealed her precognitive abilities because she wanted to experience the excitement of falling in love.

And then, on the day she was to summon Saber, Manaka became flustered and jittered by her excitement at summoning her "fated one." She also had all of these expectations about the person she was to fall in love with. When Manaka summoned Saber, Manaka was surprised by Saber because of his physique. Manaka then fell in love with him at first sight, because Saber in her eyes was "different" from what she had expected.

After this meeting, Manaka then starts developing her identity as an individual, and stops being an omnipotent being.

So, ultimately the reason why she is obsessed with Saber is because he defies her expectations, and because he turned Manaka from an omnipotent "God" into an ordinary girl.
    Oh yeah, it is because of that. Christ, why is my Fragments memory so awful?

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Okay, I'm going to reveal Manaka's backstory, so this is a spoiler alert. But, from what I understand from the very last chapter of the Knight of Fate Arc (which contains Manaka's backstory). The reason why Manaka is so obsessed with Saber is......

Spoiler:

So, ultimately the reason why she is obsessed with Saber is because he defies her expectations, and because he turned Manaka from an omnipotent "God" into an ordinary girl. Manaka is also basically yandere because she was never a person, but an empty existence from the start and due to the omnipotent nature of her abilities, she basically had a god complex (not to the extent where she'd scream it out) and didn't have any self-identity or emotions, so when she became a person thanks to Saber, her newfound emotions and excitement caused her to become crazy.
    c-cute
    canon finish apo vol 3

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    >Telling a Welsh person they come from England

No wonder he stabs her
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

I have little to no knowledge on Proto, as I only read a few of Phoenix's earlier summaries. I just wanted to ask:
    1) Each arc in the novels represents 1 volume?
    2) Are this going to be full translations of the volumes?
    3a) How many Acts are in a volume?
    I assume it works in the sense of chapters in LNs, so about 3-5 depending on the amount of content covered
    3b) These ones are pure estimation on top of curiosity.
    Will you be doing all 5 volumes (or simply the first 4 since the 5th doesn't come out physically to Japan till' mid April last i checked) and, at this point in time, would you be able to say when you'd fully finish this project you're currently undertaking?

Thank you once again for taking the time to translating, and thanks in advance as well for answering

Last edited by Tatsuo22; February 20th, 2017 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Forgot pleasantries

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsuo22 View Post
    I have little to no knowledge on Proto, as I only read a few of Phoenix's earlier summaries. I just wanted to ask:
    1) Each arc in the novels represents 1 volume?
    2) Are this going to be full translations of the volumes?
    3a) How many Acts are in a volume?
    I assume it works in the sense of chapters in LNs, so about 3-5 depending on the amount of content covered
    3b) These ones are pure estimation on top of curiosity.
    Will you be doing all 5 volumes (or simply the first 4 since the 5th doesn't come out physically to Japan till' mid April last i checked) and, at this point in time, would you be able to say when you'd fully finish this project you're currently undertaking?

Thank you once again for taking the time to translating, and thanks in advance as well for answering

Hi,
    Thank you for your questions. Okay, Here are your answers!

1) Yes, each arc represents 1 volume. There are 5 arcs in total, so 5 volumes.
    2)Yes, these are going to be full translations.
    3a)There are 6 acts/chapter for the main story and then there's the bonus acts (Which is normally 1 bonus act per volume). So there are 7 acts/chapters in total per volume.
    3b) I'm not making any promises, but I'm hoping to do all of them (except for Fate/Labryinth, cause that one took a lot of time to do). I still have to translate the bonus act and the character profiles from Arc/Volume 5 , whenever that comes out (Hopefully it won't be delayed again.) I'll also have no clue when I'll be finished.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    why is fate labyrinth longer?
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    why is fate labyrinth longer?
    It just feels that way because it has more content and descriptions than the other novels. But, I'll try to redo Fate/Labyrinth if I have the time.

死者 Corpse
    US Friend Code
    Just dropping by to thank you for the translation You're still continuing this, right?