Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 611141516171821 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Prototype: Blue Silver Fragments Complete Version

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle PhoenixRising's Avatar
    Hi everyone!

Merry Christmas! Here is a Christmas gift from me to you
    Here is Part Two of the completed translation of Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver - Special Act - Magicians.
    Part Two will be up some time later today.

Disclaimer: I do not own Fate/Prototype, Fragments or any Type-MOON related property. This is just a fan translation and should not be taken or used without my express permission.

Part 2-A: Misaya Reiroukan - Third Person Perspective

Spoiler:

It was a usual night where nothing changed whatsoever.
    A quiet――――

A father and daughter are talking together in a room at their house at night.
    They are charming figures.
    It is a pleasant sight.

However, Misaya is faintly aware that this which is being performed in a room of the Reiroukan Manor is decisively different from what can be seen in a very ordinary household of 1991. It should not exist in the households of her classmates. The magic tome spread out on the desk, the catalyst for use in magecraft and the magic circle faintly glowing on the floor. Not an indoor dog for a pet, but one of the hunting dogs that keeps obediently waiting for the arrival for the time while refraining from its own transformation.

It was a quiet night.
    As mages who continue to inherit their family lineage which has continued for generations, the father and daughter were――――
    A quiet night moment, getting closer to mysteries and familiarising themselves with magecraft.
    Her father is very busy as one of the leading figures in society, and at the same time, a prominent magus in the Far East, but he still teaches her at least once every two nights.
    He is different from the teachers in her elementary school.
    A true teacher.

That was the non-father side of her father to her.
    Now that she mentions it, she was surprised by her school pals who didn’t have one lesson. She just didn’t tell them. There is only one lesson. Others――――like piano, flower arrangement and the stuff she was usually studying, she didn’t feel like counting them as lessons. As such things were just for relaxation.
    It doesn’t matter if she won a prize at a competition.
    It’s just a little play.

The magus girl called Misaya Reiroukan will continue to get familiar with magecraft and get closer to mysteries tonight.
    Like the people of the Reiroukan family have done so far.
    Until now.

And from now on――――

Misaya:
    “―――――”

Establishment of magic circles, placement of catalysts and some chanting.
    Misaya feels the mystery beside her tonight as she swiftly transforms and transmutes one of the hounds that she had petted on the head and touched with her fingertips a little in the morning hour into a demon hound.
    If she loses her concentration even a little, the magical power which rewrites reality and affects the hunting dog’s body will run wild, ripping its flesh, breaking its bones and splashing blood right before her eyes, and the hunting dog which keeps staring at them from the centre of the magic circle will die.

Neither is possible.

She will definitely guide the mana and accomplish the mystery.
    She will lead the impossible into reality.
    She will turn the obedient hound into a tough, ferocious and similarly obedient demon hound.
    She will give it a body that can withstand bullets, give it sharp claws that can tear steel, give it agility that surpasses beasts and conceal the greatest mana that is unacceptable for a wild animal within its body.

As a response, yes, it is not much different from magecraft that is the basic of the basics.
    At least for the talent called Misaya.

Master Reiroukan: “You are a genius Misaya.”

She could hear her father’s voice.
    It wasn’t until she had completely finished using her magecraft that she shook her head and responded, “No, I’m not.”
    She should have been able to hasten it by two seconds even at her current rank. Misaya thinks slightly annoyed that it took her two seconds extra because she had braced herself and tried to be careful with it.
    And, she tells it to her father in her own honest words.
    Then her father said this.

Master Reiroukan: “Nonetheless, you are a genius. More than myself. Maybe more than my father.”
    Misaya:  “No, father. I am too inexperienced. That is why, even now I….”
    Master Reiroukan: “I though the same thing as you, I was able to say it when I was fifteen.”

It was a voice ringing with pride.
    Aah, Father is trying to encourage me.
    Yes, she actually feels.

Because she knew the magus called her father rarely praised his relatives. For he is a man endowed with a calm perspective, that is able to accurately evaluate others that do not come from his own lineage, and at the same time, he is a man who shows an unusual strictness towards the Reiroukan family line.
    Such a father says this.
    Misaya accepted her inexperience rather than her sense of discomfort to the unusual matter.

But.
    Right after that――――she felt a slight sense of discomfort.

Master Reiroukan: “I’m glad. You are in this world full of talent. Yes, I couldn’t be more grateful to you, my miracle daughter and for my wife who bearing you.”
    Misaya:  “Father……”

At the other end of Misaya’s gaze, her father started talking.
    Talent. Aptitude.
    How important is it to a magus――――?

It is said magecraft is….
    A mystery.
    A miracle.
    The general term for the knowledge and skill to artificially achieve them.
    Only the unusual ones, only mages can perform it.

It is said that magi are…...
    Those who perform mysteries.
    A supernatural person who uses mana to make the impossible into reality.
    Ones who possess magic circuits within their bodies.
    One who devotes their life to study and research because of their great ambition.

It is said that magic circuits are…...
    Something that lets one transform natural mana into magical power.
    Something that lets one transform their own od into magical power.
    A key that access one’s thaumatological foundation.
    It is an indispensable organ for exercising magecraft with, and it is nothing more than an innate quality.

It is said that thaumaturgical foundations are……
    A magical theory carved into the world.
    Sometimes as an academic discipline, sometimes as a religion, and sometimes as a family oral tradition.
    Magecraft is only possible by pouring mana into these magical formulae.

It is said that their great ambition is……...
    Something that all magi seek for.
    It is the “Root,” the origin of all creation according to literature.
    She must not forget.
    A magus is not a magus because they use magic.
    A magus is a magus because they seek the ultimate wisdom, because they aim for the “Root” with magic.

All of it, everything.
    Like reinforcement magic, it was too basic.
    Although she can assert that such a scenario is unlikely to happen, if she tries to make it easier for her innocent classmates to understand, then yes, to the same extent as the phrases her elementary teacher speaks as they take note to properly say their greetings in the morning, it is the basic of the basics of education.
    So why did her father say those things?
    Was he so vivid by her magecraft exercise of changing something from an animal into a demon beast?
    Or did he discuss something with her mother and reviewed his instruction policy?
    The latter is more likely.
    The former is not particularly felt by Misaya herself.

Misaya:  “I――――”
    Master Reiroukan: “Listen Misaya.”

Quietly and calmly.
    But surely her words were cut off.

Master Reiroukan:  “In this Tokyo, the greatest magical ritual in history will begin in the Far East.”

Quietly and calmly.
    However, her father talks about it with great zeal somewhere.
    A large-scale magic ritual held in Tokyo.
    The first-ever, unprecedented magic ritual, performed using a “Holy Grail” exceptionally lent by the Holy Church――――
    A magical ritual performed with the backing of the Clock Tower, that Mages Association. An unprecedent ritual held for the purposes of reaching the “Root,” the great ambition and the thousand-year dearest wish for all magi. A fierce struggle between seven Masters and seven Servants.
    A large-scale magical conflict in Tokyo.
    The re-enactment of a myth.
    The realization of their ambitions, the path to it.

Master Reiroukan: “By fortune’s favour, the path to fulfilling our ambition has opened up before me.”

Her father, Master Reiroukan was chosen to be a participant in the ritual.
    Already, the Grail――――the effectiveness of the Saint Graph[1] hidden somewhere in Tokyo has been validated by confirming the enormous magical power generated by Symbol[2]. Truly, the Holy Grail will lead a magus to their aspirations.

Of course. The danger is great.

Master Reiroukan: “Originally, a magical conflict that even uses Heroic Spirits that are beings out of the reach of human hands is a giving and taking of lives by itself. …...Which is why I intended to move all of our household members to our villa in Izu, but if it is you who possesses such outstanding talent, then……”

Pausing his words slightly, he closes his eyelids once.
    And then, he slowly opens them. Her father reiterated once again.

Master Reiroukan: “No, exactly because you’re a prodigy, there is much to be gained from experiencing it first-hand.”
    Misaya: “Your ritual from up close……?”
    Master Reiroukan: “That’s right.”
    Misaya: “Me…….”
    Master Reiroukan: “That’s right.”

For the first time, her father’s voice……
    Misaya finally accepted that it was filled with shining pride for her.
    Many of the words spoken were abrupt and incredibly large, but they were none the less true as long as her father was the one saying it. Because he is the master of a long-standing magus lineage, and, because they are a special lineage with a lot of social influence, her father has the eyes to see through traps and falsehoods.
    Because of those eyes along with his grounding as a magus, he was given the position of family head ――――

Yes, Misaya remembers what her grandfather secretly told her when he was still alive.
    Which is why.
    She greatly admired him.
    The ritual that will certainly begin in Tokyo. As well as.
    Her young and inexperienced self, can witness this unprecedented scale of a magic ritual!
    She obtained more joy than when she opened her birthday present. While she was receiving her magic instruction, she decided that she wouldn’t look like a child.
    It’s not as if she is downplaying the possibility of danger.
    It’s not as if she had forgotten how undeveloped her skills were.
    However, she was happy to realize that her father was truly proud of her.

Master Reiroukan: “It is said to be a joint project that is extraordinary even for this world by the Mages Association and the Holy Church. The church is essentially a repellent to magecraft, although it is exceptionally considered a miracle in this ritual.”

Her father’s words still continue.
    Quietly and calmly.
    However, while keeping to the path towards the long-standing ambition of the Reiroukans.

Master Reiroukan: “The name of the ritual is the Holy Grail War. We Reiroukans shall obtain our great ambition with this battle.”

[1] Saint Graph: Greater Grail

[2] Symbol: Lesser Grail

Part 2-B: Misaya Reiroukan - Journal
    Spoiler:

Mother was happy for me.
    Somewhat clearer than my father, no, very clearer.
    He smiled for some time and rubbed my head, as I remembered, he was worried for me and told me that the ritual is dangerous, but I told him I would protect myself

After that, I turned three of the forest hounds into demon dogs.

The magical bounded field is also in the course of being turned into a powerful one by father.
    As far as I know―――I don’t know all of the magi in the Far East, but even if I did know them―――there is no one who can break this bounded field.

The only danger is, yes, a Heroic Spirit.
    Heroic Spirits.
    Even if they are transcendent, the ritual participants can summon a mystery that cannot be reached by a magus who is nothing more than a human, as a kind of familiar. This shows the amazing amount of magical power of the Holy Grail, and at the same time, it is proof that the Greater Grail has the great potential to reach the “Root.”
    Heroic Spirits. The embodiment of a mystery, re-enactments of myths or legends.

I don’t know what the other participants will summon.
    But my father was telling me.
    That he was readying a suitable catalyst to summon one with.

I’m sure.
    My father who is said to be particularly brilliant even among the successive heads of the Reiroukans. The Heroic Spirit summoned by such a father must surely be much more than the other Heroic Spirits――――

(An excerpt from an old notebook)

Part 2-C: Master Reiroukan - Third Person Perspective
    Spoiler:

Midnight on a certain day in February, 1991 AD.
    In the basement of the Reiroukan main residence, Tokyo.

Master Reiroukan: “――――Heed my words. My will creates your body, and your sword creates my destiny. If you heed the Grail’s call and obey my will and reason, then answer me.”

A voice resounded.
    It was a voice that concealed the wishes of generations stretched over his bloodline.

Master Reiroukan: “I hereby swear. That I shall be all the good in the world, that I shall defeat all evil in the world.”

The voice resounded.
    It was a voice that was determined to make the miracle of the Holy Grail his own.

Master Reiroukan: “Thou seventh heaven clad in the three great words of power. Come forth from the circle of binding, Guardian of the Scales.”

The voice activates the magic circle drawn on the floor.
    Even in this remote location, the extremely enormous mana that overflows from the Lesser Grail managed by the Holy Church will turn the impossible into the possible. The mana’s light fills the room. A catalyst placed in the centre of the magic circle, that is, some “gems” summons those who should have died in the distant past from this transient world.
    In other words, a Heroic Spirit.
    In other words, a mystery.

That intangible ether transforms into a tentative body.

He was a beautiful person.
    Although he had long hair like a women’s, their gender was supposed to be male.
    The magus, Master Reiroukan, knew exactly who he had summoned.

It is the same exerciser of mysteries as himself.
    An “Average One[1],” who manipulates all elements as his own.
    He is the human who contributed to the establishment of one of the thaumaturgical foundations engraved into the world, and a supernatural person who carved the concept of the four main elementals into the world as solid knowledge and an academic discipline and could manipulate them freely. A great man who has made great achievements and a huge name in not only the world of magic, but also in history. And, he revealed a part of his research to save people all over the world, and thus he died――――as one who left the legend of an ideal man in the world of magic.

A tall figure wearing a white robe.
    With a calm air, that Heroic Spirit was there right now as a Servant.
    Standing on the magic circle which was losing the light of mana, that man calmly said.

Caster:  “I have arrived in response to your summons. My true name is Paracelsus von Hohenheim.”

It was a quiet voice.
    It was the first time he heard a voice filled with so much reason and intelligence.
    He believed his father was the ultimate magus, but now in this moment, the man who was the master of the Reiroukans had no choice but to alter his perception for decades. Behold, these wisdom hidden eyes. He must never have touched the Root, but he strongly understood it.
    More so than any of the successive Reiroukan masters.
    No. At least, he is closer to the Root than any of the magi in the Far East.
    In other words, the many mysteries that are his own are――――

Caster: “I am an ancient one who has materialised into the Caster class. Like you, I am a magus who seeks the Root.”

On this night. At this time.
    It can be argued that he, Master Reiroukan, was having the best time in his life.
    For example, if there was someone――― who manipulates magecraft that lets one go back in time―――or the ultimate mystery that surpasses magecraft, and if he ever exercises that ability, then he may take back that assertion without hesitation, but at the very least, he believed it to be true in this instance.
    Caster who completed his summoning told him many words.

After hours of conversation, he knew the legend to be true.
    Von Hohenheim. A legendary alchemist and magus. He is truly a marvellous magus, with a sense of values and life stance not unlike a magus, as he hides and conceals his research “to do what he must do to save his beloved children and all people far and wide,” he shares knowledge that should not be passed to anyone outside of the same family lineage, let alone fellow magi, to those who don’t know of mysteries and contributed to mankind with the development of medical care.

Virtuous. The ideal man.
    A fool in the magical world.
    Even though he sounded like some legend, it was hard to believe so suddenly.
    Is he a magus who transcends humanity?
    Is he a person who seeks the “Root” at the end of knowledge, merely single-mindedly mastering magecraft?

Caster: “……There were many magi who judged me a fool.”

Caster said.
    No anger, he just stayed calm.

Caster: “And thus, I lost my life. It couldn’t be helped. I wanted to save people. They were afraid that I would disclose more of my knowledge. Since we were incompatible, one of us had to die, and for me―――the magi must have been lovable children to me too.”

This is not a magus.
    Isn’t he quite like a saint?

Caster:   “Do I resent them? No. I don’t. After all, I got to meet you.”

He had no choice but to remain silent without understanding the meaning of his words.
    And then, Caster said with a smile on his face.

Caster: “O’ descendant of the many children who would have received my teachings. Your family seems to have mastered the basics of alchemy, so you are without a doubt, my proper descendant.”

Aah, he――――
    He is like a magus, like a saint, like an ancestor.
    While gaining much wisdom, he is too pure.
    He judged the way of life of the character called Caster as such.
    And, at roughly the same time, he realized the one thing that always stayed in his heart.

My daughter――――
    About Misaya Reiroukan.

He always thought that his daughter needed an “acquaintance” as the current master of the Reiroukan.
    Misaya is certainly a gifted individual who has more qualities than himself, and she will prove it by immediately making it her own, not only in the many magecraft that have been passed down through the Reiroukans, but in her private studies as well. He has no doubt, no anxiety about it. But.
    The Reiroukans are not just a family that conducts only academic studies. As one of the leading figures who govern the Far East, she has the opportunity to interact with many more humans, than other mages.

If so――――
    She needs an acquaintance who can broaden her horizons.
    Misaya must know people. If she is to spearhead a group of people.
    However, there is a lack of samples with only the servants, his wife and himself. Therefore, she needs an acquaintance. A character that is insightful, thoughtful and has perfected even the subtleties of conveying human emotion.
    At the elementary school in Suginami which she deliberately attended, he recognised that even though there were children who simply idolised Misaya who overflowed with talent, she had not yet obtained a suitable acquaintance.
    However, it is outrageous to entrust her to a magus from another family.

He would have no choice but to look for―――a person who is far from the world of magecraft, yet deeply trustworthy―――like the butler for himself for example. He thought as such.
    But. Still…...

What about the Caster in front of him?
    If this one is a noble and charitable magus who had turned into a Heroic Spirit…...
    A magus who is a transcendent. But, as long as he is a Heroic Spirit, he wouldn’t make a fuss about his own family.

He thought for a little. He makes a decision. There was no hesitation.
    For Misaya, he opens his mouth with conviction and says, “there is no other deeply wiser teacher than you,” as he bows his head deeply, “I wish for your assistance with a different matter than the Holy Grail War.” It wasn’t something that a Master performs for a Servant, but an act similar to one that a magus does for a master he loves and respects.

Caster: “Please leave it to me.”

His petition――――
    Caster readily agreed to it.
    While maintaining a calm expression that never ceases.

Caster: “Your words are correct.”

――――Softly.

Caster: “Even magi needs friends.”

――――He reaches out to him.

Caster:
    “If that’s so, then I shall become you dear daughter’s friend.”

――――He quietly whispers.
    [1] Average One: Rare Magus

Knight of the Round Table Starlight Heroine's Avatar
    Merry Christmas Phoenix and fellow readers! This is an awesome Christmas gift! Also jeez my heart goes out to poor Papa Reiroukan, I feel so bad for him since he's such a family man and I adore that. He's definitely one of my favorite Masters in Fate.
    He thought for a little. He makes a decision. There was no hesitation.
    For Misaya, he opens his mouth with conviction and says, “there is no other deeply wiser teacher than you,” as he bows his head deeply, “I wish for your assistance with a different matter than the Holy Grail War.” It wasn’t something that a Master performs for a Servant, but an act similar to one that a magus does for a master he loves and respects.
    Too bad Manaka exists to burn everything he loves and draw out the pain (with the curse).

I might have missed it, or just had forgotten about it. I'm sorry in either case but did Prototype ever get into how Master Degrees function? Especially with the heirarchy of Princes to Seraphim (lowest wings to highest). To clarify I mean in terms of, is it still the standard 3 command seals before the Master Degree fades away like in Fate/Stay Night? Or can you use your Master Degree up to the amount of wings you have? (Really unlikely because that sounds incredibly unbalanced for the War but still wanted to put that out there). I haven't actually read Fate/Prototype yet, mainly because I keep getting distracted.
    Last edited by Starlight Heroine; May 31st, 2021 at 07:41 AM.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle PhoenixRising's Avatar
    There is a journal entry in one of the chapters which deals with that.
    Basically Master Degrees function exactly the same as Command Seals. You get three strokes and you can use them to compel a Servant to do something, reforge a pact with Servant etc.
    There really is no big difference between the Fate/Prototype Master Degrees and the F/SN Command Seals.

The only slight difference is that Master Degrees are effectively a ranking system for Masters. They indicate how strong a Master is. For example, if you have a Seraphim Master Degree, it means you are the strongest Master. If you have Princes then you are the weakest Master.
    Last edited by PhoenixRising; December 23rd, 2020 at 05:55 PM.

Yay another translation update! Thanks for your work Ms. PhoenixRising for another translation!

Merry Christmas to you and all of the readers here! Or as we say in our native language, Maligayang Pasko!

PS: I hope Type-Moon would green-light Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver anime adaptation for their 2021 plans, that will be the greatest Christmas and New Year's gift for me!

Knight of the Round Table Starlight Heroine's Avatar
    Ah okay, thank you for the information Phoenix! I appreciate it.
    I kinda have to admit that I'm just a little disappointed that the Master Degrees are the same as the command seals.
    Was hoping for something a bit different. But I guess there really isn't much to change at all.
    Last edited by Starlight Heroine; May 31st, 2021 at 07:41 AM.

Thanks for the translation again as always. Just wanted to ask do you have full drama cd of fragments. Someone wants to translate.

- - - Updated - - -

(crossing fingers for it to get translated before lb6 )

わたりもの The Wanderer JusticeAmongSwords's Avatar
    Thanks for the translation. I'm late as usual, nevertheless I'm happy the translation is still running.

夜属 Nightkin
    Is there a table of contents somewhere ? I want to start reading this but i'm kinda lost with the translation being split into 2 threads and the drama CDs also being a thing.
    Last edited by mhplayer; December 27th, 2020 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mhplayer View Post
    Is there a table of contents somewhere ? I want to start reading this but i'm kinda lost with the translation being split into 2 threads and the drama CDs also being a thing.
    There is someone who compiled the links for each translated and summarized parts of the Novel. Here it is:

https://www.reddit.com/user/savepoin...of_sky_silver/

夜属 Nightkin
    Quote Originally Posted by omoshirøy View Post
    There is someone who compiled the links for each translated and summarized parts of the Novel. Here it is:

https://www.reddit.com/user/savepoin...of_sky_silver/
    Thank you

Ah, had forgotten to update that, fixed now.

Very exciting to see that there are only 3.5 arcs left now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Mesopotamia's King Gilgamesh_maximaster's Avatar
    Mesopotamia's Throne(Viña del mar, chile)
    With this how much is left to complete the 2dn volume, or is already completed?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh_maximaster View Post
    With this how much is left to complete the 2dn volume, or is already completed?
    It's done now, only like half of volume 3 is left.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by fumei View Post
    It's done now, only like half of volume 3 is left.
    THnaks, God Bless Phoenix Rising, is a godess.

Hopefully it will get finished next time phoenix gets free time.

I hope I'm not overstepping the thread topic, but I thought you guys might like this theory post about Manaka and Beast:

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/..._the_beast_of/

Here with an actually relevant reply to the topic this time, I've collected all of Phoenix's Vol 2 translations, gathered as much images as I could from Bookwalker's trial of the volume and the yand.ere pool , and tried my best with what was available on the internet to make a proper PDF that's close to the same quality level of the Volume 1 PDF you guys made earlier.

Link to Fragments Volume 2 PDF:

****************************file/d/1dZT...ew?usp=sharing

Hopefully I did the volume justice even with the missing images, if any ^^
    Last edited by BlameLib; March 16th, 2021 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlameLib View Post
    Here with an actually relevant reply to the topic this time, I've collected all of Phoenix's Vol 2 translations, gathered as much images as I could from Bookwalker's trial of the volume and the yand.ere pool , and tried my best with what was available on the internet to make a proper PDF that's close to the same quality level of the Volume 1 PDF you guys made earlier.

Link to Fragments Volume 2 PDF:

****************************file/d/1dZT...ew?usp=sharing

Hopefully I did the volume justice even with the missing images, if any ^^
    Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by BlameLib View Post
    I hope I'm not overstepping the thread topic, but I thought you guys might like this theory post about Manaka and Beast:

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/..._the_beast_of/
    Thanks, been looking for this!

Here I got Images from the volumes:

Volume 2:

Spoiler:

Volume 3:

Spoiler:

Volume 4:

Spoiler:

Volume 5:

Spoiler:

This is all the images I could find, I'm not sure if isall of them, and some profile are incomplete but something is something.