Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38111213

Thread: Fate/Prototype: Blue Silver Fragments Complete Version

Hi guys,
    As promised, here is Part Two of the completed translation of Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver - Arc 2: Best Friend Arc - Act 2.

Part 2-A: First Person Journal Excerpt (For Further Reference: See Drama CD V2 - CD2 - Track 1)
    Spoiler:

Heroic Spirits are not human.
    Don't be fooled because they are humanoid.

Heroic Spirits are originally not beings who can be controlled by humans themselves.
    They are the second advent of a myth. A legend. An illusion which possesses the likely power to destroy even the laws of physics.

Even Assassin who is the weakest of the classes due to its relatively low direct combat abilities is absolutely not an opponent for a human to rival. Whether it’s a magus skilled in combat mobilisation or an army platoon with a wealth of modern weapons prepared, you will only die if you face off with a Heroic Spirit.

Don’t forget that they are a dream.
    Humans cannot hope to beat a Servant.

Even if they are an outstanding Magus.
    They are considered to be of no exception.

(An extract from an old notebook)

Part 2-B: Third Person Caster Perspective (For Further Reference: See Drama CD V2 - CD2 - Track 6)
    Spoiler:

Underneath the moonlight―――
    He was quietly walking in the front garden of the Reiroukan Mansion.

Von Hohenheim.
    A magus who has left countless legends and is even known widely by the name of Paracelsus.
    A Servant who was summoned for the Holy Grail War and had gained the rank of Caster.
    He was pondering the current “war situation” by himself, while checking the workmanship of the Reiroukan mansion’s magical workshop which was further stabilised through using his own “Territory Creation” skill as the foundation for the workshop his Master had built.

Now that the seven Servants have been summoned to this Tokyo, the Holy Grail War has already begun.
    The beginning of hostilities by Saber and Lancer had been confirmed and there was evidence that Berserker had tried to invade this mansion too. Though the failed invasion was still an incident from before he was summoned, many Masters would recognize that this place is a base for one of the Masters. Especially since it has now been turned into an overtly powerful magical fortress, it wouldn’t be hard to guess it.

Though, he wasn’t happy that they knew the location.
    The war situation itself was not so bad.
    It seems as though they were promised to win their way through till the final stage at least, according to their alliance with the “Master of Western Tokyo” which Rider signed this afternoon. Even if he did not know his true name, there is no doubt that Rider was a fairly powerful Heroic Spirit.

Caster: “……. Conflict, I can’t say I particularly like it, but……”

Red and blue colours were floating around him as he muttered it.
    A red gem and a blue gem. While properly tending to his elements with voiceless words, he checks the mansion’s barriers. After confirming there was no problem with the operation of the magical furnaces that had been installed in four locations, he suddenly looks up at the night sky.
    The starry sky had faintly dulled than the era that he knew.

He thinks of several things.

Elementals. Alchemy. Magical foundations.
    The ether which was the fifth element and the true ether which overflowed in the Age of the Gods.
    And, the light of the sparkling stars.

Now it will be an event in the distant past. However, he can recall it as if it were yesterday. It is nostalgic and heartbreaking at the same time.

Caster: “……. It’s unavoidable. My time is already over.”

A profile of Misaya, his Master’s beloved child floats into his mind.
    Magi are still connected to life even in the present.

“The descendants of the many children who have received my teachings, are certainly, out there in this world.”

Caster: “But. Who would have thought she would have the traits of a ruler?”

Misaya Reiroukan.

Naturally he felt that she had an abundance of talent towards magic, but truly moreover, she was endowed with the traits of a ruler. Before that Rider’s fierce bloodlust, she endured his gaze even through her familiar and kept returning it with hers―――
    If it weren’t for her actions, this current advantageous war situation would have never existed.

Caster:“I always thought that Kings were nuisances no matter the era, but somehow, it appears that I must amend my assessment of them a little. There are kings who can detect kings in this world.”

He tells the red and blue gems.
    He smiles at his alter egos who flicker and reply with wordless words.

Caster: “Magical capacity is something perceived by mages. A king’s capacity is something perceived by kings. If there is a person like Merlin, then they would be an exception.”

It was an honest admiration towards Rider who saw through Misaya’s capacity when she couldn’t perceive herself.
    Caster smiles a little.
    That child, Misaya will certainly grow up to be a fine Magus, a fine family head.
    Even if he was not able to achieve it once, when he had tried to do it.

???:“……Hnnnrgh!”

Without having to listen, he grasps what happened.
    He could hear a howling voice in the distance. The howl of the intruder was trying to penetrate these grounds which was their fortified magic workshop. Persistently for tonight as well. He could very well say that it was Berserker.
    He would be easy to slaughter if he would just release the true name of his Noble Phantasm.
    But it was still quite early.

Although he had absolute faith in the power brought by his own Noble Phantasm, at most, he was thinking that he should use it to take on more than two Servants even if they were the weakest ones. Of course, he was of the same opinion as his Master. They hoped that the other groups would show up, lured in by Berserker’s foolhardiness, but it seemed no one would be enticed by a wild animal that impulsive.
    As he tries to turn his heel and return to the mansion―――
    He suddenly stops.

Caster: “What?”

A small mumble.
    Looking back, there was a figure of a new intruder there.

―――It was, a girl.

Manaka: “Good evening, Mr. Magus. Are you Caster?”

Caster: “Good evening, young lady.”

As he calmly tells her this.
    Caster quietly feels anxious in his heart.

Caster: 'Impossible―――'

‘Why couldn’t I sense that she was in my workshop, my own magical domain?’
    ‘Dozens of barriers and curses, elementals which could be called my alter egos deployed one by one in the sky in addition to the packs of synthetic demon beasts created by my Master’s hands in all directions, perfectly arranged traps to eliminate intruders with, and on top of that, I can automatically sense if any of them were activated. Anyway, even if the forest in the back garden had its barriers deliberately loosened to create a path for a sole intrusion, they would appear in the front garden close to the main residence.’

He instantly lists the possibilities. Presence Concealment. Or, spatial transference. The former is Assassin’s unique skill, but he couldn’t feel the unique presence of a Servant from the girl before him―――just an ordinary human’s―――and she shouldn’t be able to imitate it either and even if that were true, it would be difficult to imagine that she could avoid his obstacles of death. Even in the latter case, modern mages shouldn’t be able to easily use a trick that steps into the realm of magic.
    ‘But the girl is there in reality.’

While bathed in the moonlight, she lets her platinum blonde hair and green dress glisten in it.
    ‘It’d be simple to turn her to ash. But….’

―――She piqued his interest.

‘Who on earth is this girl?’
    Although Berserker was screaming, he couldn't get past the edge of the forest in the backyard, this magical fortress which he had transformed into his own workshop.
    But the girl so easily appeared in the vicinity of the mansion which was the innermost part of the fortress.
    Disregarding Caster who showed silent doubts, three “shadows” emerged from beneath the girl’s feet. Familiars? It is very doubtful that there is a Heroic Spirit besides himself who was summoned with the class of Caster, if so, then what is the girl who makes these familiars materialize like this?
    A Magus?
    There was reason to infer it.

Manaka: “Hmm……”

He extends his right hand a little.
    In the middle of the materializing process, he strikes his elemental magic into the familiar-like “shadows.”

Without even using his Noble Phantasm and while thinking that it may not be necessary to activate the numerous special effects attached to the workshop, it was a high-speed chant to draw out power from the two gems floating mid-air. He gets rid of them with his usual magic. Grasping with a glance at what would be the most effective element for each target, he converts his magical power into different attribute elements for each of the three “shadows” and simultaneously fires it.

He does not require even a few decimal points of a second.

He hits one with fire, smothers one in water and tears up one with wind.
    Every one of the “shadows” who were exposed to the great magus class power tragically vanish like mist.
    Being careful not to injure the girl herself, he limits its effective range.

Manaka: “Oh?”

The girl who suddenly lost her familiars before her eyes, slightly tilts her neck ―――

Manaka: “Heehee. You use quite the unusual magic, don’t you? It’s very interesting!”

Saying it.
    She is filled with radiance itself―――

Manaka: “But you know.”

While basking herself in the moonlight―――

Manaka: “Since my pets have already had enough.”

She cheerfully smiles―――

Manaka: “How about I become your special friend?”
    Last edited by PhoenixRising; May 5th, 2020 at 12:51 AM.

Gotta read this in time

最後の断片 The Last Fragment JusticeAmongSwords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
    Hi guys,
    As promised, here is Part Two of the completed translation of Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver - Arc 2: Best Friend Arc - Act 2.

Part 2-A: First Person Journal Excerpt (For Further Reference: See Drama CD V2 - CD2 - Track 1)
    Spoiler:

Heroic Spirits are not human.
    Don't be fooled because they are humanoid.

Heroic Spirits are originally not beings who can be controlled by humans themselves.
    They are the second advent of a myth. A legend. An illusion which possesses the likely power to destroy even the laws of physics.

Even Assassin who is the weakest of the classes due to its relatively low direct combat abilities is absolutely not an opponent for a human to rival. Whether it’s a magus skilled in combat mobilisation or an army platoon with a wealth of modern weapons prepared, you will only die if you face off with a Heroic Spirit.

Don’t forget that they are a dream.
    Humans cannot hope to beat a Servant.

Even if they are an outstanding Magus.
    They are considered to be of no exception.

(An extract from an old notebook)

Part 2-B: Third Person Caster Perspective (For Further Reference: See Drama CD V2 - CD2 - Track 6)
    Spoiler:

Underneath the moonlight―――
    He was quietly walking in the front garden of the Reiroukan Mansion.

Von Hohenheim.
    A magus who has left countless legends and is even known widely by the name of Paracelsus.
    A Servant who was summoned for the Holy Grail War and had gained the rank of Caster.
    He was pondering the current “war situation” by himself, while checking the workmanship of the Reiroukan mansion’s magical workshop which was further stabilised through using his own “Territory Creation” skill as the foundation for the workshop his Master had built.

Now that the seven Servants have been summoned to this Tokyo, the Holy Grail War has already begun.
    The beginning of hostilities by Saber and Lancer had been confirmed and there was evidence that Berserker had tried to invade this mansion too. Though the failed invasion was still an incident from before he was summoned, many Masters would recognize that this place is a base for one of the Masters. Especially since it has now been turned into an overtly powerful magical fortress, it wouldn’t be hard to guess it.

Though, he wasn’t happy that they knew the location.
    The war situation itself was not so bad.
    It seems as though they were promised to win their way through till the final stage at least, according to their alliance with the “Master of Western Tokyo” which Rider signed this afternoon. Even if he did not know his true name, there is no doubt that Rider was a fairly powerful Heroic Spirit.

Caster: “……. Conflict, I can’t say I particularly like it, but……”

Red and blue colours were floating around him as he muttered it.
    A red gem and a blue gem. While properly tending to his elements with voiceless words, he checks the mansion’s barriers. After confirming there was no problem with the operation of the magical furnaces that had been installed in four locations, he suddenly looks up at the night sky.
    The starry sky had faintly dulled than the era that he knew.

He thinks of several things.

Elementals. Alchemy. Magical foundations.
    The ether which was the fifth element and the true ether which overflowed in the Age of the Gods.
    And, the light of the sparkling stars.

Now it will be an event in the distant past. However, he can recall it as if it were yesterday. It is nostalgic and heartbreaking at the same time.

Caster: “……. It’s unavoidable. My time is already over.”

A profile of Misaya, his Master’s beloved child floats into his mind.
    Magi are still connected to life even in the present.

“The descendants of the many children who have received my teachings, are certainly, out there in this world.”

Caster: “But. Who would have thought she would have the traits of a ruler?”

Misaya Reiroukan.

Naturally he felt that she had an abundance of talent towards magic, but truly moreover, she was endowed with the traits of a ruler. Before that Rider’s fierce bloodlust, she endured his gaze even through her familiar and kept returning it with hers―――
    If it weren’t for her actions, this current advantageous war situation would have never existed.

Caster:“I always thought that Kings were nuisances no matter the era, but somehow, it appears that I must amend my assessment of them a little. There are kings who can detect kings in this world.”

He tells the red and blue gems.
    He smiles at his alter egos who flicker and reply with wordless words.

Caster: “Magical capacity is something perceived by mages. A king’s capacity is something perceived by kings. If there is a person like Merlin, then they would be an exception.”

It was an honest admiration towards Rider who saw through Misaya’s capacity when she couldn’t perceive herself.
    Caster smiles a little.
    That child, Misaya will certainly grow up to be a fine Magus, a fine family head.
    Even if he was not able to achieve it once, when he had tried to do it.

???:“……Hnnnrgh!”

Without having to listen, he grasps what happened.
    He could hear a howling voice in the distance. The howl of the intruder was trying to penetrate these grounds which was their fortified magic workshop. Persistently for tonight as well. He could very well say that it was Berserker.
    He would be easy to slaughter if he would just release the true name of his Noble Phantasm.
    But it was still quite early.

Although he had absolute faith in the power brought by his own Noble Phantasm, at most, he was thinking that he should use it to take on more than two Servants even if they were the weakest ones. Of course, he was of the same opinion as his Master. They hoped that the other groups would show up, lured in by Berserker’s foolhardiness, but it seemed no one would be enticed by a wild animal that impulsive.
    As he tries to turn his heel and return to the mansion―――
    He suddenly stops.

Caster: “What?”

A small mumble.
    Looking back, there was a figure of a new intruder there.

―――It was, a girl.

Manaka: “Good evening, Mr. Magus. Are you Caster?”

Caster: “Good evening, young lady.”

As he calmly tells her this.
    Caster quietly feels anxious in his heart.

Caster: 'Impossible―――'

‘Why couldn’t I sense that she was in my workshop, my own magical domain?’
    ‘Dozens of barriers and curses, elementals which could be called my alter egos deployed one by one in the sky in addition to the packs of synthetic demon beasts created by my Master’s hands in all directions, perfectly arranged traps to eliminate intruders with, and on top of that, I can automatically sense if any of them were activated. Anyway, even if the forest in the back garden had its barriers deliberately loosened to create a path for a sole intrusion, they would appear in the front garden close to the main residence.’

He instantly lists the possibilities. Presence Concealment. Or, spatial transference. The former is Assassin’s unique skill, but he couldn’t feel the unique presence of a Servant from the girl before him―――just an ordinary human’s―――and she shouldn’t be able to imitate it either and even if that were true, it would be difficult to imagine that she could avoid his obstacles of death. Even in the latter case, modern mages shouldn’t be able to easily use a trick that steps into the realm of magic.
    ‘But the girl is there in reality.’

While bathed in the moonlight, she lets her platinum blonde hair and green dress glisten in it.
    ‘It’d be simple to turn her to ash. But….’

―――She piqued his interest.

‘Who on earth is this girl?’
    Although Berserker was screaming, he couldn't get past the edge of the forest in the backyard, this magical fortress which he had transformed into his own workshop.
    But the girl so easily appeared in the vicinity of the mansion which was the innermost part of the fortress.
    Disregarding Caster who showed silent doubts, three “shadows” emerged from beneath the girl’s feet. Familiars? It is very doubtful that there is a Heroic Spirit besides himself who was summoned with the class of Caster, if so, then what is the girl who makes these familiars materialize like this?
    A Magus?
    There was reason to infer it.

Manaka: “Hmm……”

He extends his right hand a little.
    In the middle of the materializing process, he strikes his elemental magic into the familiar-like “shadows.”

Without even using his Noble Phantasm and while thinking that it may not be necessary to activate the numerous special effects attached to the workshop, it was a high-speed chant to draw out power from the two gems floating mid-air. He gets rid of them with his usual magic. Grasping with a glance at what would be the most effective element for each target, he converts his magical power into different attribute elements for each of the three “shadows” and simultaneously fires it.

He does not require even a few decimal points of a second.

He hits one with fire, smothers one in water and tears up one with wind.
    Every one of the “shadows” who were exposed to the great magus class power tragically vanish like mist.
    Being careful not to injure the girl herself, he limits its effective range.

Manaka: “Oh?”

The girl who suddenly lost her familiars before her eyes, slightly tilts her neck ―――

Manaka: “Heehee. You use quite the unusual magic, don’t you? It’s very interesting!”

Saying it.
    She is filled with radiance itself―――

Manaka: “But you know.”

While basking herself in the moonlight―――

Manaka: “Since my pets have already had enough.”

She cheerfully smiles―――

Manaka: “How about I become your special friend?”
    And right when stuff was getting good between Caster and Misaya, Manaka just comes up, ready to recruit one more Servant in her creepy-loli mode.

Jokes aside, so far "Prototype" seems to be even more interesting to read than "Stay Night", maybe all thanks to the different characters(Thank God there are no any Saber faces, Arthur Proto doesn't count). Big thanks to Phoenix for translating it, can't wait for the new parts to come out.
    Dark, empty, evil moon under the hollow sky: the home of this miserable, hateful being. His body has rotten ages ago, his soul has long vanished without a trace. Only deep hatred remains. So far as this hatred burns and curses the soil where he once sided, the humankind will not perish. As time passes, he continues to overlook the humanity from the top of the tainted mountain...

...But his eyes remain fixed on a single thing far away.

One, that hasn't been tainted by his hatred over the years, remaining pure and immaculate...
    Spoiler:
    A small, white flower that blooms on the horizon - Hortensia, that loves him and stays by his side.

Thank you for the dedicated translations and hard work by the whole team! I just found this thread and got caught up and I'm absolutely enamored by Fragments. It would be nice if there was as much interest in this as it is for F/SF.

By curiosity, would anyone happen to know how reliable the TM Wiki is for events that happened in Fragments that isn't properly translated yet here?

JP Friend Code
    IGN: Kari
    Pretty sure Phoenix is the one editing the wiki on Fragments. And if that's the case, then it is quite reliable.