Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 49121314151619 ... LastLast

Thread: Fate/Prototype: Blue Silver Fragments Complete Version

Quote Originally Posted by Takashi View Post
    Phoenix is translating the short stories that comes with drama CDs.
    There is another thread where one is translating drama CDs.
    Oh, you're right lmao, don't know how I didn't notice. Well that clears a lot of things up tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kateikyo View Post
    The gay pics were the most entertaining thing going on in this discussion.

Yeah I was too confused at first that's why I asked

Thank you very much for these translations, Phoenix. You are single-handedly fueling my love for Prototype since who knows when there'll be an anime.

<3 <3 <3

https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...D-Translations

You can add this in Reddit thread so it can be found easily I guess

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle PhoenixRising's Avatar
    Hi guys,
    Here is Part One of the completed translation of Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver - Arc 2: Best Friend Arc - Act 3. It covers Saber versus Berserker (Part One).
    Part Two will be up some time later today.

If you want to listen to this scene, please check out Fate/Prototype Fragments of Sky Silver Drama CD Vol 3 - CD1 - Track 8.

Disclaimer: I do not own Fate/Prototype, Fragments or any Type-MOON related property. This is just a fan translation and should not be taken or used without my express permission.

Part 1-A - Misaya's Self Monologue

Spoiler:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yet another girl meets Saber――――
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fate/Prototype: Blue Silver Fragments - Arc 2: Best Friend Arc - Act 3
    Written by: Hikaru Sakurai
    Illustration by: Nakahara
    Translated by: PhoenixRising
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ――――The sky silver knight will protect me.

From the howling black monster.
    From the unmistakable murderous intent looming above me.
    Inside the dark forest. While wielding his invisible sword underneath the moonlight pouring down incessantly from the gap in the breaking clouds.

He saves me.
    He knocks down my terrifying enemy.
    Then, kindly smiles at me.

Such a thing――――
    If my reason is working properly is unmistakable. Despite knowing that it is impossible.
    ‘It’s unrealistic, I’m having a dream,’ I cannot stop these foolish thoughts from welling up inside me.

A wild idea like a young kid would have.
    Even my elementary school classmates must have slightly better dreams.
    That’s right, this is just a misunderstanding.
    And yet. Why?
    Why do I feel like this scene I’m witnessing is not an actual part of the Holy Grail War, but a scene from the picture book my mother read to me one day, long ago?

I wonder.
    And I think.

That an honourable knight would never hurt a lady or a child.
    So even if he was a Servant who serves a hostile magus, I’m sure he’s not going to kill me――――

Knight: “Are you alright?”

You see, the knight, calls out to me.
    Exactly like in the picture book.
    Kind, gentle, just like the fairy tale knight.
    It is as if he is trying to reassure frozen shivering me.

Knight: “He is deliberately losing his mind. You should run away immediately.”

I try to nod at the knight’s voice.
    But I still couldn’t move.

But, this time, it is not out of fear.
    I can’t move because I’m watching the battle between the monster and the knight as it unfolds in my sight.
    A high-speed battle that is difficult to chase after even with my magically enhanced eyes.
    The brilliant knight’s skilled martial arts.

It’s as if Caster’s spiritual barrier has no effect on him.
    He keeps fighting as if he is clad in wind itself.
    The truth is there should be terrible restrictions on him. In fact, the monster is showing clumsy movements as if it is actually being forced to feel the effects of the barrier.
    Even I who am ignorant of physical combat techniques could see that the knight’s dominance was clear.
    Eventually, the monster who kept shaking its claws while inferiorly panting turns into its spiritual form and disappears.
    Its frustrated howl lingers.

Underneath the moonlight.
    Only me and the knight are left in the dark forest.

And then.
    The swordless knight turns his green gaze to “me” just once.

Knight: “I’m so glad you’re safe.”

As he says that.
    Softly, coolly.

He really――――
    …...smiles at me.
    As his pretty eyes shine in the moonlight――――

Part 1-B - Misaya's Perspective - Third Person
    Spoiler:

――――The chance meeting with the knight, the encounter with the monster.

The hands of the clock rewinds only a little bit from there.
    It was an incident in the dark forest.
    It was an incident late at night.

The wind was blowing.
    The trees which had the same colour as the dark night sky rustle.
    The moon was hidden by the thick clouds, so it was a black night with very few twinkling stars.
    A black forest. Yes, such an expression suits it. Despite this still cold season, this dense and coniferous place must almost certainly be mistaken for a “real forest,” if it was this scenery that came into view when one woke up in the middle of the night.
    A space like a forest.
    A deep darkness.

It is a part of the Reiroukan mansion grounds which was built as a magical fortification.
    If we were to classify, could we call it a backyard?
    It is too spacious to finish it in one word. It is said that the place which still has room to neatly store a few elementary school buildings including the grounds is still called a forest by the local residents. The Reiroukan’s black forest. The garden of darkness.
    There was now a small figure there.

A lone girl.
    She was walking in the dark without any fear.
    Without carrying the glow of a flashlight in her hand, she was calm, as if it was no different than daytime.
    Actually, she was too indifferent.

Her eyes which circulated magical power through them with magic can easily see through the night. It might be an exaggeration to say――――that is a kind of rudimentary mystic eye, but the many shadows brought by the night didn’t hinder the girl anyway.

The girl――――
    Misaya Reiroukan quietly walks through the black forest.

There is a slight hint of nervousness in her expression that says she is just walking through the grounds of her own mansion.

After all, she noticed.
    Misaya who had sent familiars flying all over the grounds noticed that only one of Caster’s barriers which had been so precisely and sturdily crafted that it is no exaggeration to express it as perfect, had a “tear” in a small part of this backyard space. She had some comprehension there. ‘So, even though Caster is already here, there may be a Servant still trying to break in.’
    Of course, a total break in has never been accomplished even once.
    It was doing its best to break into the edge of the forest, but it was true that a certain extent of its break in was permitted. All because of this “tear.”
    It was a “tear” that deliberately occurred during the night.

Misaya: (……However, I don’t think anyone who can weave a barrier with such a high-degree of perfection would make this mistake.)

Misaya thinks in her mind.
    Normally, she thinks the right course of action is to report this immediately.
    But her Father and Caster are hectically walking around here and there. Just a short while ago, when she gently peeked into the room her father was in with her familiar, he was talking about something with Caster with a serious look on his face.

If that’s the case, then she was the right person for the job.
    ‘I shall secretly repair it with these hands.’
    Yes, Misaya thought.

Although the correct path is to obtain permission upon reporting it, she was at least confident that she was making an efficient and rational decision.
    At the same time, although she may have had ambitions due to her youth, Misaya cannot allow herself to be aware of them. Though she was strongly made aware that she was too inexperienced by Rider, the other day――――

Misaya:
    (It’s alright. It’ll be over soon.)

It should be possible for her to repair it if it is only a slight “tear.”
    She already knew the specific spot when she flew her familiar earlier. She could finish it right away.
    The dagger that she carried with her without letting go even for a moment. This Azoth Sword which she received from Caster has far more high performance than the many magical mystic codes that had left behind as mementoes of her grandfather, it should make her function as a first-class magus, though not as much as Caster or her father.

Misaya: “……...There it is.”

A little while later, she was walking through the darkness.
    She walked through the black forest which was filled with terrifying death traps that would have fatally injured her on the spot if she touched them, on a path that she was taught beforehand she would have no problem on if she followed this route. And walked.

About twenty minutes had passed after she had set foot in the forest area.
    Misaya had found the aforementioned “tear.”
    The magical wall which was woven with a beauty that it seemed to fascinate her, had a hole opened in it so wide that a single person could narrowly enter through it.
    It was as if it was daring her to do so.
    “Hah,” she sucked in her breathe a little.

Right. This is……
    There’s no doubt about it. Misaya understood instantly. Although it was made in a way that seemed like it had occurred naturally, this was intentionally created. To invite foolish intruders by deliberately preparing a “tear” and to give them damage with a number of intense magical traps that include elementals――――

Monster: “Rrrrrrgh―――――!”

In that moment. A screaming voice resounded.
    A howl like a wild beast.
    There is a suspicious looking shadow surely trying to locate and penetrate the “tear,” no, the “entrance” in the barrier that was built into an indestructible territory with magic. It is only a few metres ahead of Misaya. It is close. Too close.

A strange shadow that screams. An enemy.
    Normally, yes, it is trapped prey.
    However, now at this moment.

There was someone who shouldn’t be here.
    The foreign entity called Misaya――――

Misaya: “…...Hii!”

Right away, she tries to tell her father and Caster about it through the familiar she left behind at the main residence.
    Too slow. Even she knew that she was lacking in the judgement department.
    Her “eyes” met with the strange shadow’s.
    A brilliant red that floats in the black of night. Red eyeballs. Bloodshot eyes. Malice aforethought.
    It is not an emotion that a person can express.
    There was an overwhelming mass of destructive and murderous impulses there.

A humanoid monster.
    A phantom.
    A mad beast.

Several comparisons passed through her mind. She had a strange feeling that all of them fit it and yet none of them fit it. Passing through the “entrance” in the magical wall, it which was staring fixedly at her with a hunchback posture shouldn’t have been able to see a whole human.
    It was hard for her to clearly see the shape of its body.
    Black. It had a pitch-black shadow like body.
    She thinks of the concealment magic she saw when she saw Caster for the first time. Although it is similar to that, something was decisively off about it. At that moment, she was able to harbour her doubts and suspicions about it.

A tremendous presence.
    A black body and red eyes.

Sharp claws and a wide opened jaw resembling a wolf just before it devoured its prey. Black claws.
    Absolutely beyond human.

A Servant――――

It overwhelmed her.
    It pressured her.

She is just a human; she cannot possibly stand up against this fiend.
    Its appearance can be mistaken for a type of monstrous beast, but she can understand why.
    A mass of mysteries that brings fear.
    A manifestation of a legend itself. An aggregation of enough destructive power to reproduce a myth on the surface.
    A Heroic Spirit. Originally, it is a supernatural person that cannot be used by a human magus.
    She will be killed. In the moment this monster feels like it, she will most definitely die.

But, even so.
    It was not the first time she had this feeling. What she felt when Rider visited the other day, far exceeded the total amount of what Misaya was feeling in this moment.
    That’s why, she can think. She can certainly act too.
    In a corner of her consciousness​ which seemed to be overwhelmed with fear, she frantically thinks about what she can do at this moment.
    A notification of her crisis by manipulating her familiar.
    Start her escape through self-manipulation.

Two courses of action. It’s alright. She can do this. Even if her legs started to tremble and she was standing still. She did not know whether the monster in front of her will permit the latter action, but now that she knew what she should do, it is unlikely that she can stay frozen here at least.
    She makes up her mind. Misaya tries to moves her thoughts into action, when――――

Creature: “Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!”

A second howl.
    Killing intent. Malice. Animosity. Ill will.
    Misaya’s mind trembles at the shock of it, as it strikes her with something like an accumulation of negative emotions towards others. Her thoughts go numb. Her body which was about to move comes to a halt.
    She cannot move.
    Her body and her heart too. She froze to a disappointing degree.
    She cannot even muster a voice from her trembling lips.
    Only her wide-opened eyes kept capturing the suspicious figure.
    Within her trembling gaze, its deformed body slowly begins to move. It shortens the distance while smashing the trees it touches into bits with its claws, before Misaya’s eyes.
    Misaya watches it still unable to move.
    Its red eyes.
    Don’t seem to be that of a human.
    It’s squinting as if it’s deciding which prey to crush first.
    Ah, this. This deformed Servant. Intends to devour her. Her of all people.

Misaya: “……. ngh!”

Wordlessly, Misaya slams her gaze at it.
    She did not shed tears.
    Resolutely, she looks up at the incarnation of destruction’s red eyes.
    Even if she did not realise it herself ――――she was undoubtedly, the figure of a small ruler facing off against a lawless intruder who had set foot into her territory.
    As the monster tilts their neck, it reaches out to her with its sharp claws.
    Misaya didn’t consider giving off a scream. She cannot look away. Even if she couldn’t run away or seek help, she bites down hard on her lips and glares straight at it.
    Its jaws of death open.
    Its claws of death draw nearer to her.
    It is impossible for her to resist it.
    And then.
    In that moment when it jaws are about to crunch down on Misaya’s head and its claws were about to pierce her chest and gouge out her heart.

A blue and silver shadow――――

Soundlessly. Swoops down between Misaya and the monster.
    A figure that shone in the moonlight pouring down incessantly from the gap in the thick clouds.
    Blue and silver.
    Dressed in an outfit resembling a European Medieval Knight, it looked like a young man.
    His golden hair flutters in the wind.

Although it didn't look like he was holding anything, he was standing dashingly and magnificently, while clearly controlling all of his irregular movements with the pose and the premise of holding a weapon.
    The monster he confronts is dark in the moonlight, its twisted black body is still hunched over, as it growls at the sudden arrival of the sky silver knight.
    It is the rage and menace of a bloodthirsty beast incarnate.
    A death sentence to the nuisance who appeared in front of its prey.

Creature: “Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh !”

A third howl.
    Misaya’s body stiffens on reflex.

She didn’t think there is a person who can move properly, after listening to this from point-blank range.
    Therefore, she is certain that this young man definitely isn’t human.
    The sky silver knight started the battle while receiving its howl from head on.
    The invisible weapon, claws, fangs and a sword fight.

A Danse Macabre begins, crushing everything it touches.
    Easily smashing and knocking down the thick trees, its black claws which showed so much destructive power that it was impossible even with a salvo of firearms were shaken many times. It doesn’t hit him. The young knight lightly sidesteps its irregular attacks. Sometimes, they drive away his invisible weapon.
    It couldn't have been human.
    Either way.
    First and foremost, there were two Servants there.

It should be correct to say that they both bumped into each other when they tried to break in from the “tear.” Using her thoughts which gradually recovered from her paralysis, Misaya acknowledges it, while at the same time――――
    Faintly.
    She thought half-unconsciously.

‘Maybe.’
    ‘If I was in a decent state, I wouldn’t have to feel like this.’
    ‘That’s why, this feeling is a kind of abnormal situation.’
    ‘Yes, certainly.’

An ugly monster.
    One that brought about absolute death.

The knight who showed up there with the moonlight.
    A Heroic Spirit who wields an invisible blade.
    Maybe, this beautiful person…...
    ‘Wasn’t trying to break into the estate.’
    ‘It wasn’t a coincidence that he encountered the monster.’
    ‘The truth is….’

‘――――He may have come to save me.’

Like that.
    She naturally thought it.

Part 1-C - Journal Entry
    Spoiler:

As mentioned before.
    The Servants summoned by the Holy Grail have a personality.
    This is an exceedingly rare case.

Originally, the Heroic Spirits that materialized had no self-awareness.
    They who very rarely materialize as a manifestation of the Counter Force have the very power to act automatically and it is said that they have no emotions or personality at all within them.
    That is clear in some of the cases recorded by the association.
    There are also no reports of successful dialogue with them.

Automatic combat machines.
    It is said that someone once expressed them as that.

However, in the Holy Grail War, exceptional Heroic Spirits do materialise with their personalities.
    The details about the reason are unknown.
    Do we see this as a good example of the wonders of the Holy Grail?
    Or, should we regard them as a kind of shackle for a Master?

In many cases, they have the personality they had when they were still alive.
    Therefore, it is essential to know the life and anecdotes of your own Servant.
    Records, folklore, legends. Gather them as much as you can and get to know them.
    As mentioned earlier, be wary of building relationships with them.

In case their personality changes for some reason.
    Berserker is an example of it as it flies into a rage because of its Mad Enhancement skill.

In this situation, it becomes difficult to build a relationship with it.
    However, if you change your perspective, then――――
    It can been seen as a possible chess piece to guide their ruthless actions, without influencing their personality.

Granted you must understand the personality of your Heroic Spirit.
    Regardless of your questionable relationship, it influences the trend of the Holy Grail War.
    For example.
    In the case you’ve obtained a Heroic Spirit who tries to avoid infanticide, because of their personality from when they were alive.
    If they are pressed into a battle with a Master or Heroic Spirit that has the appearance of a little boy or girl, I cannot deny the possibility of it yielding to needless discord.

(An excerpt from an old notebook)

Last edited by PhoenixRising; September 30th, 2020 at 09:49 AM.

Hi guys,
    Here is Part Two of the completed translation of Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver - Arc 2: Best Friend Arc - Act 3.

If you want to listen to this scene, please check out Fate/Prototype Fragments of Sky Silver Drama CD V3 CD2 – Track 1.

Disclaimer: I do not own Fate/Prototype, Fragments or any Type-MOON related property. This is just a fan translation and should not be taken or used without my express permission.

Part 2-A: Misaya Perspective Third Person
    Spoiler:

It was――――
    A slightly different morning scene than usual.
    Breakfast alone.

To be correct, there were relatively a lot of young women in maid uniforms there, but if she were to strictly define it, Misaya was as expected the only human in the wide dining room.
    All of the servants who roam the Reiroukan Mansion had unavoidably moved to the Izu villa along with her mother with the start of the Holy Grail War. She also knew that her Father and Caster were busy enough as it is.
    Which is why, Misaya was having breakfast by herself.

Mumbling a few words, she sat down at the end of long table.
    As she felt the warmth of the sunlight which reservedly flowed in through the window glass.
    There was no other sound mixed in with the voices of songbirds who spoke of the morning, besides a clinking sound from each time she placed her knife and fork on her plate.

There was no voice of her mother gently scolding her, “You must not make a noise.”
    The women abstaining themselves around her didn’t say anything.
    There is no reaction if they have no input.
    That is natural.
    After all, these women were not human.

They were a number of female-type homunculi created by Caster――――
    They assume the roles of servants on behalf of the ones who went to the Izu Villa. At the same time, they also serve as heavy guards. Last night, they had tried to follow Misaya who had tried to slip out of the mansion and enter the back forest and told her to “Please return.”

Their performance is high.
    Or should she say that Caster’s magic is exquisite?

It appears Misaya’s actions last night was automatically transmitted to them somehow.
    Not a verbal message, but a shared perception.
    It is not uncommon for a magus to receive perpetual information obtained by a familiar. However, that on a level of Caster’s is too much. A simultaneous perception sharing with over ten homunculi. Even though he is not the legendary person from the Asuka period, he does it as a matter of course.

According to the conversation, all of their senses seem to be connected together.
    They seem like multiple individuals, or are they kind of like a colony. Or is it?
    That they are not a homunculus that can be manufactured by an average magus.

Misaya: “………. He probably uses a different method.”

She briefly mumbles.
    Heroic Spirits and Humans
    Misaya clearly understood the differences between the two in these last few days.

After encountering the two Servants, what she met when she returned to the mansion was her father who had turned into a rare complexion for him and Caster who showed a troubled-like look on his face. It was the first time she saw her father with such a complexion.

Her father who was known as one of the most prominent magi in the Far East.
    A great Magus.
    Master Reiroukan who is said to be regarded with a glance even among the mages at the clocktower.
    For such a father to turn pale like that――――

When he heard Misaya’s words who did not see the Masters and only witnessed the Heroic Spirits, her father finally showed a relieved expression.
    She wasn’t sure why her father was wary of the Masters.

Misaya: “……….”

Suddenly, she shifts her gaze to the homunculus beside her.
    While carrying the scrambled egg which had been cut up with a knife to her mouth with a fork, she gazes at her pure white skin. Those who are different from humans, but who look a lot like humans.
    With pale pigments overall, it gave her the impression of a doll.
    Yet, it was still whiter than her father’s complexion last night.

Misaya felt that she was bad somehow with their stiff eyes which hardly blink.
    She had no complaints about the flavour of the food they make, but their obedience and their absolute machine-like stance on obeying every and all commands made her feel a kind of pity for them.
    If she suddenly screamed at the top of her lungs demanding her freedom to each one of them, she thinks that they would surely lend her an ear. She didn’t feel the artificial object’s rebellion and massacre like the ones in the foreign novels that she saw in her grandfather’s study before.

If they wished for her to reach out to them, she’d be happy to oblige them.
    Just like she would for the people living in the city.

Even so.
    For some reason, she cannot erase her weak awareness of them.
    For example, yes. She didn’t intend to choose one of them as a personal conversation partner, nor did she think she want to be friends with them.
    Is it because they were artificial beings?
    Or is it because they seem like dolls?
    No. At least, Misaya herself doesn’t go with that reason.
    So, somehow or other.

Misaya: (Although I am interested in what kind of thoughts pass through multiple artificial brains connected through space.)

Even if she did try to pull them out, what comes out is an interest in pure things,
    A mutual relationship that arises from sympathy to their personality――――a number of friendships cannot be borne by this.
    Still remaining silent, Misaya continues her meal.
    The sound of her knife and fork rings out again.
    To the songbirds’ chirping.

A few minutes later――――
    Breakfast reaches its end.
    In the end, her father didn’t show up in the dining room.
    The same with Caster.
    Now that she mentioned it, do Servants eat meals? Theoretically, so long as the magical path from the Master is connected, she understood that they do not need nutritional supplements, although is it possible that they like to eat something, somehow?
    These past few days, he hasn’t seemed to eat anything.
    When he turns up to the dining room with her father, he doesn’t eat anything.
    Yes. Of course, her father eats meals.
    Especially at breakfast time with Misaya――――

Misaya: (……Despite it being morning).

It is rare for father not to be here.
    Even last night, her father didn’t show up for dinner.
    It wasn’t uncommon for her to have dinner alone, so she didn’t pay attention to it.

Misaya: “I wonder where Father went off to."
    Maid: “He is in his room.”

The homunculus’ response was the same as last night.

Misaya: “I see.”

Nodding.
    Misaya washes down the rest of her milk.

Part 2-B: Misaya Perspective Third Person
    Spoiler:

His figure was in front of the door.
    At one of her father’s rooms, just a short walk down from the second floor corridor with the high-ceiling. He was just coming out of the opened door in front of the room which she recognised was a room with a sofa which had a nice level of comfort for Misaya.

He was tall.
    With glossy black hair that shines in the morning sun..
    Servant Caster.
    As he notices her, he smiles like always.

Caster: “Good Morning, Misaya. Did you sleep well?”
    Misaya: “…...Yes, I did.”

She does not avert her gaze.
    However, her reply is delayed by one beat.
    Naturally, the feeling of shame at her foolish actions last night was in Misaya’s heart.
    It wasn’t the right choice. If she had checked it in the moment when she noticed the abnormality, then she would have immediately realized that the “tear” was left behind deliberately, and no problems would have occurred.
    Misaya was strongly aware that her rash feelings made her judgement grow dull.
    She must never make the same mistake again.
    They were like the actions of a very young child.

Her shameful feelings were terribly strong and she had the feeling of wanting to run away from this place.
    However.

Last night, she wasn’t able to have a proper talk with Caster and her father.
    About all of the information that she observed near that “tear.”
    It was highly likely that Caster was also getting the same information from various magical surveillance networks and several of the elementals which had been stationed in the skies above the grounds. Still, she herself just learned, last night, that it was meaningful to share and convey all of her concerns with him.

Misaya talks about the sight she saw.
    Only the fact that it had happened in that spot.

The howling monster.
    The sky-silver knight.
    The clash of the two Heroic Spirits.

Of course, she didn’t mention her childish delusions.
    Quietly, silently, Caster listened to her.
    And then――――

Caster:
    “Thank you, Misaya. Certainly, I have obtained certain information, but yours is an titled information mixed with the sense of one who has personally experienced it. The paralysing effect of the howl of the individual we believe to be Berserker, probably only works at close range. That is very important information.”

As he said that.
    He quietly bowed down to her of all things.
    Misaya didn’t immediately know what had happened.
    A Japanese style bow that is different from the bows done by Westerners. It also shows deep gratitude.

Misaya: “Caster………?”
    Caster: “I’m sorry. I should have rescued you, but I left it up to that Servant. If that knight wasn’t such a noble Heroic Spirit, you might have died.”
    Misaya: “Please raise your head, Caster”

Her voice trembles because of her strong strong guilt
    It was unbearable――――
    Everything last night was caused by her own stupidity and immaturity.
    Misaya was strongly aware that he and her father were not responsible.
    There can be no problem in deciding that the risk is too large for him to head into a battlefield where two Servants were trying to break in to rescue her and not crush them.

Misaya: “It was my fault. So please don’t do that, Caster.”
    Caster: “………You are a kind child. Misaya. Or do you still not understand how very precious you are to your father?”
    Misaya: “That’s, ah….”

When she saw finally his eyes as he raised his head, her reply is delayed again.
    It would be a lie if she said nothing came to her mind..
    Misaya knows there is a good reason for why his tone which normally should be surpisingly calm has turned into a sign of a slight “scolding.”
    Her magus lineage. Her family.

Losing an successor is a big problem that is different from the world.
    The disappearance of all that they have accumulated.
    The discontinuation of a lineage’s unique magic crest which they have refined on through generations of bloodlines.
    It is none other than the most cruelest end of their continuous uninterrupted studies, training and struggles.

His words were supposed to mean that.
    And yet, why――――
    Why does the contents of his words which followed after that was somewhat different from Misaya’s expectations?

Caster: “This battle to obtain the Holy Grail definitely carries a huge significance for us. Reaching the “Swirl of the Root” is the absolute ambition for all magi. But at the same time, losing you is an absolute tragedy. Misaya, you are my Master’s light.”
    Misaya: “His light…..”
    Caster: “An unparallelled radiance equally precious to the light of the stars that once shined over the true world. Even in the Holy Grail War, it is not something that should be encroached on. You must not abandon the futures of your beloved children for the sake of your dearest wish. Regardless of whether or not you’re a magus――――”

His hand was touching her cheek.
    Like her father.
    Like her mother.
    Gentle.
    Warm.

Even though he had frosty hands with a very low body temperature, Misaya felt it.
    Even in the words he spun.

Caster: “Please do not forget. Every beloved child who fills this earth is the radiance of a noble star. To your father, Misaya Reiroukan means more than his own life to him.”

His words.
    His gaze.
    Misaya accepted them head on.
    Still, she also feels that his bombasts are a little bit too much overkill for what he says.
    She feels that his feelings were conveyed to the depths of her heart.
    That’s why――――

This time she will reply without delay.
    “Yes.”
    Short. And sweet.

Part 2-B: Older Misaya Self Monologue
    Spoiler:

I――――

I, was staring at myself.
    At myself reflected in the mirror.

I am different from eight years ago.
    A woman called Misaya Reiroukan who lives in the present of 1999.
    I who have grown from my young child’s body into a woman’s body.
    No matter how strong my gaze is, I will naturally be met with the exact same gaze.

I ask the other side of the mirror.
    Hey, you.
    Hey, Misaya.
    How about it, the Second Holy Grail War has finally begun?
    Did you fail to bring down that child at the beginning of the war?
    I wonder if the recall was effective.
    Or.
    Is it like that time when I was full of stupidity even when I was young――――?

Misaya: “Never again……”

I briefly mutter.
    My voice gets lost into the sound of flowing water.
    The sound of the hot shower sliding down my body whirls into the drain as it swallows my words.
    It seems I was correct to add a private shower room.
    I don’t have a lot of solioquy, but its not bad to distract myself with the sound of my own voice.

I gaze at myself.
    Sharp. It’s as if my gaze is piercing through me.
    And then, I reach for the nape of the Master’s Degree――――on the back of my neck.
    Suddenly. It stops.

By the way――――

Eight years ago. In the First Holy Grail War.
    Where did the Master Degrees of my father who was a master appear?
    I don’t think it was in the same place as mine.

I have never seen it. Not once.
    I just asked why it was feather and I didn’t get to see the real thing until the end.
    Yeah, so.
    Until the end.

If I ask, would father answer me?
    Yes. He would show it to me.
    That person seemed to have high expectations for me.

I――――

I would be rejoicing at that time, right?
    If, I could just show my precious Master Degree to father. Innocently.
    I’d laugh.

I who didn’t know anything would be so happy.
    With the face of a seemingly happy child, still not knowing when that time would come,.

But it’s too late, I’m not the me from back then anymore.
    That small child is gone.

I don’t have a father.
    I don’t have a mother either.
    The master of the Reiroukans is me.
    I, Misaya Reiroukan who will kill the other six Masters and Servants as a participant in the Second Holy Grail War.

And no one else.
    I will just indulge myself in the slaughter as I am now.

Misaya: “――――Father.”

There is no answer back.
    Instead――――

The sound of shower water keeps ringing without pause.
    For a terribly long time.
    It’s as if. They are like a cascade of tears flowing down from my large eyes floating in the sky.
    Last edited by PhoenixRising; October 16th, 2020 at 07:48 AM.

Love to see you continue this, thanks a lot!

This just leaves like half of Arc 2 and half of Arc 3 summarized for now.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no
    your ability to be wrong about literally everything you post is truly astounding. Even a broken clock is right twice a day, but you haven't been right once.

Mesopotamia's King Gilgamesh_maximaster's Avatar
    Mesopotamia's Throne(Viña del mar, chile)
    Cool! Thanks a lot for the Translation

Thank you.
    Can't wait for a proper prototype experience. I hope she writes a sequel to the story. Like the story isn't finished with so much build up in this story for future events

わたりもの The Wanderer JusticeAmongSwords's Avatar
    Ooooh brother, it's here. I missed prototype so much. Didn't even notice the new parts release, was reading Apocrypha. Thanks a lot for the translation!
    Last edited by JusticeAmongSwords; October 12th, 2020 at 04:22 PM.

Mesopotamia's King Gilgamesh_maximaster's Avatar
    Mesopotamia's Throne(Viña del mar, chile)
    Quote Originally Posted by JusticeAmongSwords View Post
    Ooooh brother, it's here. I missed prototype so much. Didn't even notice the new parts release, was reading Apocrypha. Thanks a lot for the translation!
    There is a full ranslation of the 5 volumes of Apocrpha?
    or threre are still som part without translation?

Hi guys,
    Here is Part One of the completed translation of Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver - Arc 2: Best Friend Arc - Act 4.

If you want to listen to this scene, please check out Fate/Prototype Fragments of Sky Silver Drama CD Vol 3 - CD2 - Track 7 & 8.

Part 1-A -
    Third Person Perspective
    Spoiler:

The King of Kings tramples upon―――――
    Fate/Prototype: Blue Silver Fragments - Arc 2: Best Friend Arc - Act 4
    ―――A light. Shining. Red hot.

One wouldn’t see it in the middle of the night, but it resembles the light of the sun.
    A torrent of light that seems to burn through the dark sky.
    The glare was so violent that the moonlight became hazy.
    The golden magical light from the “ship” soaring in the distant high altitude rained down one by one onto the black forest, swallowing the red-eyed monster which was its target with every tree in the surrounding area. It does not stop. It does not stop. The light falls many times. A light that explodes while bringing destruction with it.

Rider: “Ha-ha! Yes, look up at the sky! Grovel on the ground! Prostrate yourselves! If the King of Kings descends, then show me proper respect! For you see, the only time when you bastards witness my light is when you fade away from this world!”

He stands at the bow of his “ship” which conquers the sky.
    He spreads both of his arms out in exaggeration.
    From a great height, the man looks down at everything.
    As he continuously projects towards the same heat, death and brilliance as the sun intermittently towards the ground, he says.

Rider: “Ha-ha! Flee, run, jump! Struggle to the best of your ability. Scream. Shout! Sooner or later, all three of you bastards are destined to burn by my light and disappear!”

It was not only the grotesque mad beast that was set as the target of the extremely fierce rain of light, but the other Servants who were fighting in the Reiroukan’s “Black Forest.”
    The loud laughter continues.
    No one can stop him.
    Can anyone stop him?
    No. He will not stop. There is no way to stop him.
    Even a Heroic Spirit with a brave legend cannot hope to match him.
    Who can stop the terrifying Uraeus[1] who grows from the fearful sun, the flash of light which strikes with a clear intention to massacre, rather than the warm light which brings abundance to the earth?
    The black forest is being overrun. The coniferous forest of the Reiroukan estate.
    The monster that is in the middle of it, can be flooded even without the means to create the death rays.
    Although the strange-looking beast tries to stand up to the light with its amazing vitality――――

Berserker: "Rrraaaaaaaaaaaaaggggghh!!"

A howl.
    The vibrations that should have shaken the forest, however, are swallowed by more light.
    The raging monster, Berserker’s body is collapsing.

No matter how terrifying its strength concealed limbs are, there is no point to it if they are crushed, burned and made to disappear by the light. He will just crumble. He has no means of recovery.
    The master who should have been aiding and supporting the actions of this Servant in this situation has already been killed. A young man who challenged the Holy Grail War with very little sense of duty and with pitiful no knowledge of magic or decent mysteries, had just a short while ago, been embraced and received a kiss from Assassin who had sneaked up on him upon orders from her Master and dropped out of the Holy Grail War. In the middle of dying where his entire life and consciousness were disintegrating in sweet melting poison, the youth reflected in a corner of his mind on the wellbeing of Berserker who had nodded at his goals, but in less than two seconds, all of his brain and nerves were engulfed by a huge muddy stream of pleasure and he died.

Therefore, this mad beast has no chance of winning.
    Even if they left him alone, he would only disappear.
    As it doesn’t have the Independent Action skill, the Servant who was severed from his Master’s mana supply cannot continue to maintain his own body and will eventually disappear.

Even so.
    In the short time left to him, the mad beast acted to fulfill his Master’s goals. Namely, the defeat of the magus who reigns over Tokyo and is trying to perform some kind of evil ritual. The murder of Master Reiroukan and his Servant. It was because he did not know magic nor mysteries, that the mad beast fought, according to the will of the honest young man who continued to challenge the battle with a blind sense of duty, without know what the Holy Grail War being initiated here in Tokyo was.
    And then, the catastrophe finally came tonight.

Every night, the mad beast was ambushed in the black forest of the Reiroukan estate which he continued to charge at to locate the tear in its powerful bounded fields. The Heroic Spirit of the Sword whom he had met last night and exchanges claws and blade with――――Saber was in there and it became a natural battle again. Not just that. There was a number of Heroic Spirits there who broke into the one on one clash between Saber and the mad beast who was rampaging while squeezing the last of its power.

Lancer. A long-haired woman clad in armour and armed with a huge lance.
    Archer. A man who hides as he fires arrows from beyond the trees.
    And then――――

There was Rider who appeared by flying “ship.”
    The mad beast who tried to advance while smashing the black forest and while taking on Saber’s blade, Lancer’s lance and an arrow that seemed to belong to Archer for the sake of achieving its goals, was only tragically burned before the fierce rain of light.
    While taking in the light, the mad beast thinks in his slightly remaining consciousness.
    ‘This is right.’
    ‘After all, I wasn’t able to fight for justice with Hyde who was guided into existence as a fragment of my idea of evil.’ Although it was a Jekyll-like idea that was originally impossible, in his final moments, the beast certainly thinks with his crumbling brain.
    ‘If I have regrets, there is just one.’
    ‘The Heroic Spirit of the Sword. Saber.’

It seems the man who was clad in sky silver couldn’t respond to his desire for a one on one battle until the end. In the face of this deformed mind and body, the other Heroic Spirits and the terrifying torrent of light, that noble Heroic Spirit said.

Saber: “This is my fight. If possible, I don’t want you to interfere!”

What a kind Servant.
    He is not naïve by any means.
    What he spoke of was compassion towards the mad beast.

By the time he had his first rematch with Saber, the mad beast already had his heart pierced by the invisible sword and his spirit core had become remarkably weakened. Furthermore, he took on Lancer’s lance through a surprise attack, Archer’s arrow and he even lost his magical path with the death of his Master. What made him able to wield his claws against the Heroic Spirits by turning into a storm of destruction while stopping without dispersing, was because of his endurance which was significantly enhanced especially by his mad enhancement skill and a few other skills which he had obtained from the miracle drug which was his Noble Phantasm, it also depended on his self-modification skill which exhibits his most optimal form. But he wasn’t able to get one Servant with his companion.
    The outcome has already been decided.

Even so, that swordsman said it, “One on one.” “With blade and claw.”
    With dazzling pride, for the mad beast who did not have pride nor courage, but only stupidity.

Berserker: “――――ngh!!”

In his final moments.
    Did the mad beast’s claws which were stretched towards the sky try to prevent the attack? Did they seek the moon which appeared further beyond the soaring “ship?”
    Or, was he trying to respond to the noble swordsman with his claws?

Either way.
    Those claws also disappear into the light.

[1] Uraeus: The cobra of light who is used as a symbol of sovereignty, royalty, deity and divine authority in ancient Egypt.

Part 1-B - Third Person Perspective
    Spoiler:

Assassin: “……What a powerful Heroic Spirit.”

On the rooftop of a high-rise condominium far overlooking the Reiroukan Mansion in Suginami Ward, Tokyo.
    A woman was mumbling.
    It was a young girl.
    She had brown skin.

Her gaze through her white mask which mimicked a skull was sharply fixed on the “ship” which kept on hurling light from the sky. Although it was something that she didn’t know about back when she was alive, the present her who manifested as a Servant was able to recognize that that is a “solar ship” spoken of in Ancient Egyptian myths.
    If it is a Heroic Spirit who can use that as a Noble Phantasm, the prospects are limited.

A king who reaches the level of a god――――a Pharaoh. It’s either that or……
    Among the successive generations of pharaohs from the Ancient Egyptian dynasties, if they can manipulate such a powerful Noble Phantasm, then it must be someone who left their name in history as a very powerful fighter. The strength of a Servant does not rely solely on their renown, but by the ability of those who have obtained mysteries by achieving merits before their era, so they cannot be taken lightly.

Assassin: “I have to take action fast.”

She briefly mumbles.
    But soon after, the woman slightly shakes her head.

Assassin: “……...No. No.”

She had a certain amount of impertinence.
    A splendid girl who was her true Master, if it was for that girl who is more beautiful than a flower in bloom, she must be able to magnificently slaughter that with her unconceivable hands. Even the sun. Even the moon. Cannot reach that girl’s brilliance.
    She will only obey the orders of the girl who is her Master.
    Like a short while ago――――

Yes. She just killed one a short moment ago.
    She tightly embraced the poor young man who had called the mad beast a “friend” and shouted justice without knowing any of the specifics of the Holy Grail War.
    Gently, gracefully, she embraced him. And rubbed lots of poison into him.
    Their lips locked together.
    Gently. Lovingly.
    She melted all of his brain and nerves and killed him.

In fact, it was her first kill through a direct command from her Master after manifestation. Therefore, she shivered and became aroused with excitement in the moment she kissed the youth. The taste of heat and sweetness that ran through her spine up to her crown, definitely, must have been far higher than what the youth felt.
    Immediately after she killed him, it was the first time she seethed with breathlessness.
    For her to be so taken.
    By her Master.

Assassin: “Everything is for my Master.”

She mumbles again.
    As she scowled at the “solar ship.”
    As for the magus who was Archer’s Master, she had already fallen to that girl at the Okutama mountains, the other day. No matter how skilled she was, no matter the Heroic Spirit, Archer was no longer the girl’s enemy.
    Of the remaining six Servants, the girl had already three of them including herself.
    The ones left are Lancer and Caster, and――――

That Heroic Spirit who controls the splendour at the edge of her gaze.
    As she was someone who lacked direct fighting power, she cannot possibly rival him. She would only be burned by the light and completely vanish before she can approach him. But, even so, If the words spun by her voice from the girl’s pretty lips itself, she would do so without hesitation.

She would approach him even if her body shatters and dies. Whether it is in the sky.
    Whether it is in a fort.
    Whether it is in a bedroom.
    She would draw closer to them wherever they were and press her lips against him. More than that if necessary.

Assassin: “…….Lady Manaka.”

She speaks the girl’s name.
    Yes. No matter what it was, if it was for that person’s orders.
    If she would look at her with those clear eyes.
    If she let her bask in her dazzling radiance.
    Whether it is the king of the soaring splendour, or the woman who hid her sorrow, or the honest magus, or the King of Knights with holy blade in hand――――
    Or even if it’s a very young child.
    She will slaughter with these lips, fingers, skin and body.

Part 1-C - Journal Entry
    Spoiler:

About a common front with the other camps.

In the Holy Grail War, the six Servants and Magi are naturally enemies.
    They are nothing but targets to be defeated and killed.

However, exceptions exist there as well.
    For example, let’s say a temporary alliance is formed to stave off exhaustion in the early battles.
    By cooperating with two Heroic Spirits, we can determine victory or defeat with our allied partner, after efficiently eliminating the other solo Heroic Spirits.

It is an extraordinarily efficient method.
    There is no such thing as a Heroic Spirit who doesn’t struggle against two Heroic Spirits.
    But, at the same time, this method also carries a huge risk.

After all, the other Servants and Masters are ultimately your enemies.
    Think of the possibility of betrayal as ever present.

Be careful of getting a blade in the back.
    Both veteran Heroic Spirits and master magi are too weak and fragile if you hit them unexpectedly.

No matter what you do.
    Don’t drop your guard for a second.
    If you decide there’s an opportunity to kill them, do so without hesitation.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; March 21st, 2022 at 03:24 AM.

Hi guys,
    Here is Part Two of the completed translation of Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver - Arc 2: Best Friend Arc - Act 4. It covers how Misaya gets cursed.

If you want to listen to this scene, please check out Fate/Prototype Fragments of Sky Silver Drama CD V4 CD1 – Track 5.

Part 2-A: Misaya Perspective Third Person
    Spoiler:

She was trying to sleep.
    In truth. She had changed into her nightgown and was lying in her bed like this.

Misaya: “Hnn…….”

But. It was no good.
    She couldn’t seem to sleep tonight no matter what she did.
    In her room on the second floor of the main residence. Misaya Reiroukan quietly waited for sleep’s arrival, while dazedly gazing at the moonlight floating through the window.
    The other day, her father had naturally scolded her for entering the Black Forest which was their back yard, so she was prohibited from going out at night even within the premises. “Do not walk inside the main residence as much as possible.” To put it bluntly, “sleep quietly at night.”

She fully understood her own stupidity the other day and her father’s words were reasonable.
    So, Misaya tried to sleep.
    She wrapped herself up in a warm blanket on top of her soft sheets.
    But. She cannot sleep.
    She was so wide-awake that she couldn’t sleep.
    The reason was――――

Misaya: “Can’t, sleep…...”

She cannot sleep. She cannot get to sleep.
    She had a certain awareness of the reason for it.
    Last night. All the events that occurred in the back forest. Although she could only stand by the window and look because she was forbidden to fly familiars, Misaya saw it with her own two eyes.

A light. Shining. Red hot.

A glare reminiscent of the light of the sun, that would never be seen at night. A torrent of light.
    The figure that was captured by her clairvoyance magic was definitely that man――――the Heroic Spirit who visited the Reiroukans and formed an alliance with her father, it was none other than Rider. It must have been the Noble Phantasm owned by that man. The “solar ship” floating in the night sky and the all too powerful intense light that was brought forth from it.
    She even had the hallucination that she was standing in the middle of a myth from the age of the gods.
    Fortunately, it was inside Caster’s bounded fields that stretched over the skies, so it probably wasn’t visible to the general public. If it weren’t for her magical vision, would she even be able to see the light, let alone the flying ship? Though they must have recognized it as an erratic earthquake.

It seemed daunting just to think, how much great magic would be needed to reproduce such a scale of destruction with magic. At the same time, she was strongly aware of it. Aware to the fact that she was bearing witness to the maelstrom that is the unprecedented and even one-of-a-kind Holy Grail War and the natural tension that arises from it. And, above all else, it is kind of exciting. Hopefully, she wants to believe that the latter is the greatest thing she will ever feel.
    She wants to believe, but she doesn’t know.

Last night’s scene――――no, the one who was more conscious about it was her father.
    The look on her father is what sticks to her mind and will not leave it.
    The war situation is not bad at all. The bounded fields woven by Caster as the centre of this estate prevent Servants from invading, and in fact, out of the three Servants who have attempted an all-out invasion so far, none of them have reached the main residence. For they have formed an alliance with Rider, a powerful Servant who she saw was the only one able to push through to the workshop in defiance of it.
    And, last night. In the battle in the Black Forest, Berserker fell before Saber’s blade and vanished completely in Rider’s light.
    They are allied with such a powerful Rider. Although it is true that they will eventually face each other, Caster still saw that scene and told her, “There’s no need to worry.” He has absolute confidence. In his magic, or rather, his Noble Phantasm.

She knew she couldn’t say that she was reassured.
    Misaya thinks that is probably the essence of the Holy Grail War.
    But, even so.

What happened to her father after that rain of light――――?
    Her normal father was unusually dismayed to an unthinkable level.
    Watching him, she felt that he had lost his words for more than two seconds.
    What on earth did her father see?
    It bothered her.

That was the greatest reason why Misaya could not sleep.

Misaya: “Nngh…….”

No good.
    She just cannot sleep. Even if she closed her eyes, they immediately opened.
    So, she slipped out of bed.

She put her feet into her warm slippers which emulated the shape of a rabbit.
    She extends her hand to the radio placed on top of her large vintage Eastern-European wooden desk. To Misaya, it is an item which she sometimes touches only when she cannot sleep. Like the mages who live in the modern era, Misaya was not very good with machines, and even if she did not touch it on a daily basis, this radio that her mother gave her was different.
    She adjusts the frequency by turning the round parts.

She understood the principle itself. In the case of AM radios, the signal which carries audio information is received by the antenna by modulating it, and the audio information is reproduced by demodulating it with this radio which is the receiver. Thereupon, the sound recorded by the radio station in metropolitan areas such as Yotsuya or Akebonobashi will echo into this room of the distant Reiroukan Mansion with a slight delay.
    And then it should――――

Misaya: “…….That’s strange. Which station is it, huh?”

She cannot hear anything.
    To be more precise, even as she attempted to tune the frequencies, only static reverberates.
    Was it broken? It is widely known in the magical world――――that there are many cases where――――mages who manipulate mysteries are not very compatible with the machines brought about by civilization. It’s often heard that even if they just bought them, they immediately break.
    Misaya is not convinced of that.
    She intended to handle it with very great care.

Misaya: “Well, nothing I can do about it. When the Holy Grail War is over, I’ll get it fixed.”

She can just ask one of the servants to do it.
    Although it is a little overwhelming to ask the homunculus who is currently working as a temporary servant, she quietly thinks that she should leave it be. ‘They are Caster’s property, so it is not right to treat them the same as the ones who serve the Reiroukan family,’ Misaya thinks.

Now then. What to do?
    She can’t get to sleep.

Her eyes are completely wide-awake and the radio is useless to kill time with.
    Whether its scanning through magic tomes or studying at school, even if she thinks about a few things, she doesn’t feel it at all. She does both when she is awake during the day. Especially in terms of her school studies, they were too boring and she has already c0vered what she should learn after she advances into middle school, meaning, she’s already completed it. At this rate, she only needs to deal with her school subjects.
    Not matter how much magic she learns; it is never enough for her and she is not reluctant to perform it. If it’s daytime. Even though her eyes and awareness are wide-awake, if she is in a state where she knows that her body desires sleep, she definitely will not be able to learn even if she opens a magic tome.

That’s why. After Misaya thinks for a little.
    She quietly approaches the door.
    So as to not make a noise――――

She goes out into the hallway. Even if she was forbidden from going outside, it is not forbidden for her to say walk through the interior of the main residence and she can think up a reason for it. A reason for walking without spitting out lies. Yes, she’ll go to the toilet. That is her purpose for simply walking like this, not to go outside. However, it is fun to take a little detour.
    As soon as she entered the hallway, her breathe turned white.
    The air in February is still cold, especially at night.
    Unlike indoors, there was no floor heating in the hallway, so the warmth of her slippers were reassuring.
    As she walks while doing her best to not make the sound of footsteps, suddenly, Misaya looks out the window.

Misaya: (It’s probably alright, right? I have nothing to worry about. Right?)

She mumbles inwardly.
    She couldn’t grasp the entire current grounds, since she hadn’t sent out any familiars.
    Though the perception magic set up was literally innumerable. Already, a few hours had passed since the last battle. Even if she didn’t think that someone would try to break in again, if there was someone who arrived by chance, they would be immediately noticed by Caster and her father.

Misaya:
    “………Countless.”

She grumbles with her voice, without thinking.
    And then, Misaya Reiroukan thinks of her own inexperience tonight as well.
    Countless. Yes, literally. Meaning.

Caster: “That’s correct. So, you’ve noticed it.”

His voice rings out.
    So as to not notice him, Misaya turns around while exhaling a small sigh.
    At the end of her gaze. Unsurprisingly, was a tall figure.
    His long glossy hair. His thoughtful eyes.
    The one who appeared with a temporary body in the modern era, Caster.

Caster: “My eyes are everywhere on the premises and even the hallways are no exception. And so, you mustn’t walk at night, Misaya. You know your father is worried about you, right?”

They returned to her bedroom.
    It’s not good to tell a lie, so she stubbornly claimed that she was going to the ladies room. As a result, he waited for her in the hallway in the meantime. Although Misaya hated to say that he wasn’t her servant, he had an unruffled air about him.

Caster: “I’m waiting for you.”
    Misaya: “It’s fine. Please stop, Caster.”
    Caster: “No.”
    Misaya: “Like I said……”
    Caster: “I‘m waiting for you. Now, Misaya”

She lost.
    It was indescribably embarrassing.
    Indeed, it was the moment her name was called that she realized that this was a type of punishment.
    While accepting her resignation, she endures her embarrassment. Leaving the toilet, they walk down the hallway and return to her bedroom thusly.

Caster: “Now, to bed. Shall I remove those lovely slippers of yours?”
    Misaya: “……It’s fine. I can do that much by myself.”

She quietly endures the feeling of being upset.
    This scene. This situation. No matter what she thinks, this is bad and his behaviour, it’s as if he is watching over her until she gets into bed and closes her eyes, anyway, this status quo usually makes sense.
    From the perspective of a lady, it would be a lie to say that she didn’t oppose him entering her bedroom.
    However. He wasn’t bothered by it.
    Far from it, just like a child, she can feel a hint that he is obligated to remain until he makes sure that she is sleeping, still, Misaya’s face seemed to show disappointment and dissatisfaction. She will just have to quietly accept and endure it.

Caster: “Oh my? Is this a modern device?”
    Misaya: “Yes. It’s a radio.”
    Caster: “Hm. So this is a radio?”
    Misaya: “Are you interested in it?”

She removes her rabbit slippers, while his gaze was still at the desk.
    Into bed she goes. While putting her bare feet under the blanket, she calls out to him.

Caster:
    “Yes. Very. Any excellent technology, whatever it is, can be a reference. Ideas and inspirations can only shine with a rigorous accumulation of knowledge.”

He was staring at the radio with great interest.
    Why is he watching the radio with such interest, despite being a Heroic Spirit who possesses some knowledge about the modern era. Doesn’t he have knowledge about radios? Or does he not know that this radio her mother gave her――――originally belonged to her grandmother is not in the modern category? Or is it because it’s a special type?
    Even if she didn’t understand, she’ll try more or less to put it into words.
    A radio. A general term for an audio transmission system, reception and playback device which uses radio waves and electrical signals.

The purpose of its use is――――

Caster: “Is it for entertainment, information and public relations?”
    Misaya: “Yes. Programs for entertainment, news for information transmission. And the rest is used for the publicity and advertisement of products.”
    Caster: “So, it is similar to a TV then.”
    Misaya: “I believe it’s very similar. The difference is whether it is accompanied with film. Radio was the first to be developed and TV seemed to have spread after that.”
    Caster: “I see. That’s very interesting.”

He deeply nods.
    She never though that he, a legendary alchemist spoken of in legends, would be so engrossed in a conversation about a radio that everyone in modern Japan casually touches. This may not let her get to sleep all night, if they start talking about pagers.
    It’s bad if he has time.

He, how should she put it, was really good at listening.
    The purpose of its use, its principle, the state of its spread, trends for each generation, etc.
    When asking something you don’t understand, she simplifies it one by one and make the obtained information her own. As he listens while comprehending it, she clearly refines her answers because it feels good to talk. Or should she say that he is worth talking to.
    There is certainly a desire of wanting to talk more inside Misaya.

But she feels like a little tired.
    Her eyes are heavy.

The drowsiness she didn’t feel until just a moment ago is closing in on her.
    In the moment she felt it, her consciousness sways. Her clear thoughts collapses and she drifts off to sleep.

Caster: “Misaya”
    Misaya: “Huh, yes……”
    Caster: “Thank you for tonight. Sleep now. There’s no need to worry. “
    Misaya: “Sure…….”

Her eyes. Close.
    As if they were guided by his gentle voice.

Caster: “Sleep with peace of mind. Your father has formed a mutual agreement between Masters with Rider who has the power to destroy my magical fortress, and that detestable Saber is not thinking of bulldozing his way in for now. So, be rest assured that you can sleep.”

At the same time, with a whispering voice.
    His hand touched her.

Caster:
    “Sweet dreams.”

At the back of her neck――――
    His left hand touching her nape was strangely warm.
    His body temperature was terribly cold the other day, but today it’s quite different.
    Becoming relieved, Misaya dozes off.

Misaya: “Eh……”
    Caster: “It’s a good luck charm to help you sleep well.”
    Misaya: “A, good…...luck charm……”

In the moment she closes her eyes.
    While looking up at Caster who softly smiles at her, Misaya faintly thinks.

Why?

Why did he describe Saber as “detestable?”
    She believed that he certainly called that sky silver knight a “noble Heroic Spirit” the other day.
    But even so.
    What's the reason for changing his description of him――――?

Part 2-B: Journal Entry
    Spoiler:

About the relationship between Heroic Spirits…...
    As mentioned before, the Heroic Spirits who participate in the Holy Grail War have exceptional personalities.
    The problems that can occur there have been mentioned above, but I will describe another problem here.

Heroic Spirit and Heroic Spirit.
    When they have a relationship other than clashing as terrifying incarnations of destruction.
    As a personality, if one Heroic Spirit obtains some attachment to another Heroic Spirits, the likelihood that a Master will also lose control of themselves is very high.

Very exceptionally, there are Heroic Spirits who can manifest the power of their Noble Phantasm at their strongest by deepening their feelings of attachment for them, if they are such Heroic Spirits, then it is not a bad idea to magnify their feelings towards other Heroic Spirits with forceful means such as miracle drugs or magic. But. This is the only exception.

A Heroic Spirit’s attachment for another Heroic Spirit is a dangerous thing.
    Be it love or animosity.

Excessive attachment makes it difficult to form a winning battle situation.
    If left unchecked, their relationship with their master will easily crumble, and if you have an alliance with another camp even that alliance will jeopardized.

There is only one way to deal with it.
    Understand your own Servant. Understand their accounts. Be aware of their mentality.
    As mentioned, there is no other way to properly deal with the problem associated with your Heroic Spirit’s personality then to understand and build a relationship with them.

Build a relationship with your Heroic Spirit that surpasses all attachments.

Part 2-C: Master Reiroukan - First Person
    Spoiler:

A prodigy――――
    Her natural talent would be exactly that.
    The first ranking Seraphim of the Master ranks.
    The owner of Saber, the number one Servant.
    That girl…...
    Her name is Manaka Sajo.

Even now, I think of the words that man said in the past.
    He is of the same generation as I, Master Reiroukan and since we are fellow magi with old bloodlines based in the same city, I had a lot of interaction with the current head of the Sajo family. Therefore, I understood. That man is not the kind of person who makes a lame joke and he is not someone who puts on a pathetic brave act.

We had interactions――――though, they were only conversations as magi. It was far from the friendships like the humans of this world have, though it is a fact that we have exchanged words several times about our magical research. Still, I can call us “closer” than other magi. However, I can say that our neighbours who associate and hide their true identities as magi are much more “closer” in that sense.
    In a few of our conversations, yes, I’m certain he told me.
    His own daughter. Manaka Sajo.

“That she is a genius that doesn’t fit into the Sajo family lineage.”
    The magic circuits that should have been inherited through the blood of a family lineage, are certainly endowed into Manaka’s body, but whether that can be called the Sajo’s magic circuit is doubtful. Ayaka who was born later certainly has the magic circuits of the family lineage itself, but――――

“Everything is an exception,” he said.

Magic Circuits. Learning speed. Aptitude for magic. He said that Manaka mastered it with astonishing speed, even the kind of magic that he her father and the successive generations of Sajo heads had never touched.
    I cannot believe it so suddenly. It’s not a joke, nor a bluff, but he probably told it with some exaggeration. It is true that Manaka Sajo may be some kind of genius prodigy, but surely, such a monster cannot exist. Likewise, similar to my beloved daughter Misaya who was born filled with knowledge and with more magic circuits than me, she is nothing more than a born successor with a rare talent.
    Stupidly, I made that judgement at that time.
    Ah. Ahh, yes.
    How stupid was I?!

Master Reiroukan: “……I see, haha, is that right?”

Inside the Reiroukan residence. In the villa research room, I crack a smile.
    What an empty expression reflected in the glass bottle.

Could I show this face to my wife and daughter?
    An empty smile. As, even if it is a smile.
    It is not one of delight.
    This is definitely a smile shaped by terror.
    It is a manifestation of terror because I recalled the expression that should have been intrinsically called, “lovely.”
    That, that, something made in the form of a human being, is surely――――
    Surely, a prodigy.
    Otherwise――――

Manaka: “Hello. It’s pleasure to meet you. Right, Uncle Reiroukan?”

A smile in full bloom itself.
    A whisper like a beautiful and pretty fairy.
    And, that, impossible something reflected in her eyes.
    Reminded of that girl’s smile towards me, I cower in fear.
    A few days ago, the first-born daughter of the Sajo family, that girl, which I had seen only once since the beginning of the First Holy Grail War in Tokyo.

Master Reiroukan: “What, when di……”

Misaya――――

The night my daughter encountered Berserker and Saber; she certainly didn’t seem to see Manaka Sajo. I clearly remember the relief I had at that time. Ahh, I’m so glad. So, it isn’t a set up? Then, those words were just a threat.

Manaka: “If that person has an inferior weakness, I believe it’s more efficient to target it, rather than the Master themselves. How about you, Uncle? Don’t you agree? For example, Misaya. She’s a cute girl. Losing that child would be very very painful for you, wouldn’t it, Uncle?”

Yes. That’s right. It really would be.
    I passed it off as just a threat. After all, Misaya was safe. Nothing happened, no one was hurt or killed. That girl just stated it as a ploy. No matter how much a prodigy she may be, she cannot beat the perfect technique of von Hohenheim, the legendary alchemist, Paracelsus who materialized as Caster.
    Yes, I decided that night. I was relieved.
    And yet, why?
    How, when?
    Did she do that to Misaya who was protected by this magical fortress――――
    How did Sajo’s daughter set me up?

Master Reiroukan: “…….What am I? Some greatest Magus of the Far East, I am. A little girl, did this to me, by herself……”

Groaning, I laugh.
    I pace around the research room as if I’m lost, I gaze and check the various mystic codes placed here and there in my hand, throwing them to floor in frustration and smashing them. No. No. This is not what I need. I have to find it. Normally, I would contact the Mages Association and every pawnshop around the world and order every possible means, but contact with the outside is difficult.
    The Holy Grail War which is supposed to be a ritual to fulfill the ambition that should bestow brilliant glory on us, is now our biggest barrier and what hinders my actions. I can’t get out of the premises as they are protected by a bounded field and I cannot afford to let others come near here from the outside. Even if I find what I’m looking for somewhere in the world, there’s no point unless I can carry it into the grounds.

Therefore, I look for it. Within the Reiroukan mansion.
    Anyway, if my collection is my grandfather’s legacy then there’ s a chance.
    While believing it, I search. And search.
    I hide the doubts clearly rising within my heart.

Master Reiroukan: “Where!? Where is it!? That thing. Without that, it’s pointless.”

I keep looking――――

Master Reiroukan: “Misaya. Misaya will be done for.”

It’s no good.
    It’s useless. It’s hopeless. Just that.
    Not just me, Caster noticed it too.

Traces of a curse. My daughter, Misaya, has traces of a curse caused by someone. Fortunately, she hasn’t noticed it yet, but she is the brilliant daughter born between me and my wife. There is a possibility she will notice it by herself in the near future.
    It was a few hours ago when Caster and I noticed it.
    What’s going on?
    Did something happened to her during that battle when Berserker was slaughtered?
    No, that can’t be it. It’s unlikely someone can slip past Caster’s and my surveillance network.
    But.

Manaka Sajo――――
    If it is that girl.
    Just like the incident from the other day, she slipped through the surveillance network and appeared before me.
    She slipped through Caster and my “eyes” which were concentrated on the battle, contacted Misaya and planted a curse on her.
    Thinking about it, the pattern fits.

I recognised that she wasn’t an average talent, but that’s not the case.
    She’s a monster.
    She got inside the Reiroukan mansion, this magical space which has even half-become a different world. Not once but twice.
    A Magus.
    Is that true?

While enduring the screams that are about to leak out even now, I keep searching for the fear that I didn’t even feel against a Servant before.
    Now, to myself――――

No. It is a necessary item for Misaya.
    I should still be able to make it in time.

Part 2-D: Caster Perspective - Third Person
    Spoiler:

Caster: “…...Please have sweet dreams.”

He whispers while staring at the girl who fell asleep.
    He sits quietly on the edge of the bed.
    Reaching out his right hand. He gently touches the sleeping girl’s white cheek.

Caster: “Misaya”

He whispers her name.
    It is the name of the girl who sleeps with her eyelids closed.
    It is the name of the girl loved by parents.
    It is the name of the girl who is determined to offer herself as a noble sacrifice.
    For a moment, he showed an expression tinged with sorrow.
    He didn’t go against it.
    For he has already carried out his betrayal.
    So, he opens his lips and talks. He dedicates his words to someone who isn’t here.

Caster: “My master, as you have commanded, I’ve connected even more deeply to her.”

The girl――――
    While gazing at Misaya.

Caster: “Yes. Please feel free. Any curse can be set from a remote location at will.”
    Caster: "For example, yes, like a radio."

He continues indifferently.
    A responding voice does not echo. Or, is it only reaching him?

Caster: “No. Everything in this world is yours. If it is something you have decided on, what's the point of my feelings?”

He――――
    He bows to the empty space.

Caster: “My master, princess of the Root, born to rule over all things. Even the gods of the far distant past filled with the true light of the stars, cannot hope to match your radiance.”

Respectfully――――
    As if he is facing the true master whom he must serve.

Caster:
    “――――Miss Manaka Sajo”.
    Last edited by PhoenixRising; October 16th, 2020 at 06:18 AM.

Knight of the Round Table Starlight Heroine's Avatar
    Bless you Phoenix for all the effort you’ve done doing this. Also I’ve been dreading this part of the novels since I feel horror for knowing what’s going to happen to Misaya.
    Last edited by Starlight Heroine; October 17th, 2020 at 12:10 AM.

Yep, the big betrayal scene is coming up next!

Hi guys,
    Here is Part One of the completed translation of Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver - Arc 2: Best Friend Arc - Act 5.

If you want to listen to this scene, please check out Fate/Prototype Fragments of Sky Silver Drama CD Vol 4 - CD2 - Track 3 & 4.

Part 1-A: Caster Self-Monologue
    Spoiler:

The looks on the girl and the young man are ridiculously cruel――――
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Fate/Prototype: Blue Silver Fragments - Arc 2: Best Friend - Act 5
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My friend――――

My dear brethren.
    The descendants of the many children who have received my teachings.
    My beloved child who is in the land of the Far East and who has brilliantly honed her magic, without forsaking her studies.

Even Master Reiroukan, a participant in the “Holy Grail War” held in this farthest city of Tokyo. My friend who devotes everything to this rigorous battle to achieve the ambition that hides within all magi, ahh, and is trying to devote himself literally right now.

I, Paracelsus respect you. I also pity you.
    As your attempts to try and grant your earnest wish with the Grail, now, has no meaning.

But don’t be sad.
    Don’t worry.

I pray that your soul’s horizons, your awareness and senses will be properly expanded somehow. That way, even if you cannot be saved――――
    At the end of your remorse, regrets and bitter tears.
    You will obtain a reason.
    Yes, like me.

Even if your individual or family wishes are not fulfilled.
    Your ambitions will be fulfilled in a sense.
    By my beautiful, brilliant and sweet Potnia who is connected to the Root.

Part 1-B: Master Reiroukan Perspective - Third Person
    Spoiler:

Master Reiroukan: “Have you betrayed me? Caster.”

The voice melts into the night sky.
    Even though the sky was filled with the brilliance of the stars and moon in the metropolitan area, it is strangely clear and even reminded him of the advent of something pure.
    Pure. Clean. Is it really true?
    At least, beauty is there.
    A dazzling girl in full bloom.
    And, a tall young man who follows the girl like a shadow. No, middle-aged is more correct. His life from before he became a Heroic Spirit at least, must have been long, as he had a long time to experience it while having a proper life, so he deserves to called middle-aged.
    But his appearance is that of a graceful young man itself――――

His face didn’t turn towards “him.”
    In the front garden of the Reiroukan estate, Caster, a Servant, a Heroic Spirit who uses the power of their myths and legends that is beyond human knowledge turned only his gaze towards the man who was extending his left hand while shaking, towards the man who was once his Master and was propping himself on the cobblestone paving while coughing up blood.
    Silence. Just silence.
    He was telling him with only his gestures that he had nothing left to say to the man now.

Master Reiroukan:
    “I see.”

A moaning voice.
    A red streak was flowing down from the man’s mouth.

Master Reiroukan:
    “Your bounded field was perfect. Even if you were a magus from the Age of the Gods, it would have been impossible……to cross the bounded field and even run magecraft interference with Misaya. But it is possible.”

It was a sound of conviction.

Master Reiroukan: “For you.”

It was the sound of anger.

Master Reiroukan: “If it was inside the bounded field, it would’ve surely been easy for you.”

It was the sound of regret.

Above all else, there was the sound of despair in there.
    Caster didn’t react towards the words of the man, Master Reiroukan, who was once his Master and whom he once called friend. Not even a slight glance towards the girl who smiles while bathed in the moonlight and starlight.
    Quietly. He tells her while respectfully bowing his head.

Caster: “Miss Manaka Sajo. Continuing from Berserker the other day, I’m sure we will kill another Servant tonight. Two, if the situation rightly changes.”
    Manaka: “Yes, that’s true.”
    Caster: “Everything will go as you desire.”
    Manaka: “Yes.”
    Caster: “――――Still, you look dissatisfied. Is it the annihilation of the Okutama clan? If you ask anything of me, I, von Hohenheim shall do my best to live up to your expectations of me. Do not forget. You are the only one who can get on par with the world.”
    Manaka: “Hmm…….no, it’s okay. Only me and that child will go to Okutama.”
    Caster: “As you wish.”

They exchange their words. Coolly.
    It was a terrifying subject.

The man who endured pain and tried to get up from the cobblestones, clearly understood the meaning of their conversation. Meaning, the annihilation of the magus who is the Master of that powerful Rider Servant and his clan.Even if it is far from a “temple” class, the magical workshop in the Okutama mountains that was woven by dozens of magi is powerful. It is reckless for two people to get in there and even speak of annihilating it.

No. It is not reckless.
    Thus, she will definitely invade the workshop which can be called a “temple.”
    Still, she had plenty of leeway.

A monster.
    Those two characters pass through the man’s mind.
    No good. A girl who tries to smile alongside Caster as a Servant and Heroic Spirit, cannot be killed by herself. An overwhelming existence. What should be called an undeniable prodigy, however, the words that come to his are still. A monster.

Why?
    That talent of hers is certainly excellent.
    He was already vigilantly aware that she was terrifying.
    However, the great magus who mastered the Four Great Magics and even attained the Philosopher’s Stone――――von Hohenheim, the great Paracelsus who reached the level of a Heroic Spirit now serves her? No matter how much of a prodigy she is, she is definitely human. There is no way she can perform a feat like making a Servant submit to her.
    If that’s the case, then.
    As before, a strong suspicion comes to his mind. Why?

Master Reiroukan: “You……. Why, why, why’re you submitting to that girl? You who called me friend. You. Master Paracelsus, I, was supposed to walk together with you. If we became like-minded magi, we will certainly have a connection unlike the other Servants……”

There is. He believed so.
    The words brought forth from his lips were always full of with wisdom, and at the same time, even full of compassion for people. He was convinced that the personality that many magi say is precious for much of humanity and should be abandoned during their training, is indeed, appropriate to be in line with a Heroic Spirit, the end of heroes and great men in history and myths.
    But.
    As a simple fact.
    He put a curse on Misaya, his beloved daughter.
    It is darker, deeper, and no longer reparable than when he first detected it.
    Exactly when did he do it――――

Master Reiroukan: “Answer me, Caster……!”

No reply.
    Even as this man, Master Reiroukan shouted at him, there is only just the silence of the night.
    Is he no longer the young man who once called him Master?
    Instead, it was the girl who whispered at him.
    Gently. Kindly. Weaving a mischievous sound in there somewhere.
    Towards the man who cannot move with his knees still stuck.

Manaka: “Uncle Reiroukan. You don’t have to be so afraid of me.”

She was a beautiful girl.
    A girl who was inside a blooming flower garden in the dead of night.
    The Holy Grail War. Where seven people and Servants kill each other with Magi and Heroic Spirits. Such blood-soaked danger and brutality are in a terribly distant world, just peeking into here from a paradise filled with only gentleness and smiles. It even makes him think of such an illusion.
    A girl.
    Radiance.
    Princess.
    She was an existence like those.

Manaka: “Mesektet[1]. The very scary Sphinx of Abu-el-Hol[2]. With so many Noble Phantasms and the supposedly invincible Rider, do you still not understand what’s going on here?”

She is smiling.
    Gently.

Manaka: “My Saber is fighting in Tokyo Bay….with Archer and Lancer as extras. Maybe Rider will beat the three of them.”

She is smiling.
    She narrows her eyes.

Manaka: “So, buck up. You haven’t lost your friend Caster yet. He’s still manifesting by just getting along with me a little.”

She is smiling.
    Like she is really enjoying something from the bottom of her heart.
    For what. Is it her superiority? A man who has his knees stuck to the stone pavement and only looks at her without the power to stand up would not know. He never realise that the girl is purely enjoying everything she does to exhaust her hand for the sake of someone she loves.
    He just feels that.
    There behind her sparkling eyes which take in the radiance of the stars and moon, is an endless abyss.

Manaka: “Your friend. Caster. Although he is helping me out tonight, he’s not that bad. Thanks to him, my precious Saber can wield his sword, even within the Ramesseum Tentyris[3] that Rider has dispatched.
    Is he really that precious? After all, that sword is an honour and it can even transcend time.”

Yes, the girl said――――

She hums a song.
    Is it the song of a fairy dancing in the garden with moonlight pouring down on her?
    Is it the song of the holy one who blesses the Holy Grail War?
    Or.

Is it a prophecy of Potnia Theron[4] of the end who welcomes something which comes from the abyss?

Manaka: “Past. Present. And, future.”

She giggles.
    While mixing in a faint laughter.

Manaka:
    “It transcends all time. An unfulfilled dream for many people itself, the shape of exalted “glory.”

Round and round.
    While dancing like a large flower.

Manaka: “It is a shining sword wielded by the invincible king. A drop of starlight――――”

She twirls.
    She laughs, turns and holds her left hand up high.

Manaka: “――――Fufu. I’m sure it’s beautiful. How his sword will slice through the Tokyo night. That’s why, I must end this quickly. Otherwise, I might not be able to see the light properly from here or deep in the mountains of Okutama which are far from sea.”

As she says that.
    The girl teasingly closes her right eye. Does she understand? Her gesture is trying to convey something unexpected. He doesn’t know. He can’t keep thinking. He was already at his limit.

Master Reiroukan: “Gu, guah…….”

The man moans as if he is triggered by the girl’s gestures.
    A red spills down onto the front garden’s stone paving. The sound of water echoes with a splash.
    His field of vision was shaking violently.
    The sudden damage he received to his body; he can immediately grasp it from the sharp pain in his whole body. It is not due to any attack. The damage and pain are all being generated from inside himself. Even if he can desperately suppress its progress with magical treatment, he is at his limit.
    The result of that is this.
    The man does not know the exact situation, concerning the fierce battle that is now taking place at the Great Temple Complex which appeared on top of Tokyo Bay. That domain which exists as a Reality Marble does not allow magical hyperopia or clairvoyance through it, and prevents familiars from infiltrating it.
    But one fact sternly exists.
    At the time of that decisive battle――――

The fact that Caster certainly betrayed Rider in the middle of carrying out a life or death struggle against the “three knights” of Archer, Lancer, Saber and Rider who is the proprietor of the great temple complex. In other words, Caster, a male Servant, betrayed his partner whom he had formed an alliance with through contract magic.
    It is a breach of contract.
    As long as they have signed a Self-Geas Scroll, a magical contract, with a blood seal, if they break the contract, then they will receive a suitable punishment. Specifically, the magic crest within his body will injure the man like this.

He will probably lose his life if he leaves it alone.
    The thick blood vessels which are rising up from his neck and temple are dangerously swelling and pulsating.
    He will only die if he breaks an alliance that constructs a partnership until they become the last two Servants. Because it is such a contract, such a Geas. The magic crest will automatically destroy their bodies. There is only one way to stop it, and that is to immediately stop the action that befits a betrayal.

Master Reiroukan:
    “Caster! I command my friend with a Master Degree――――!”

The man shouts.
    He is strongly aware of the existence of Master Degrees.
    He no longer has any choice but to forcibly compel Caster who is still supposed to be his Servant by utilizing a Master Degree. He will stop any act of treachery against Rider right now. And then, with his remaining Master Degrees, he will make him break the curse which has placed on his beloved daughter and eliminate the girl who is an equivalent of a monster.
    Provided that, the order of execution is reversed.
    First, he will kill this girl who is his greatest obstacle and even becoming a problem for him.
    Next, he will save his daughter, Misaya.
    He may save the suspension of his double-cross for last.

Master Reiroukan: “To kill, Manaka Sa…...!”

If he uses up all of his Master Degrees, he will not be able to win the Holy Grail War.
    Even so, the man decides he doesn’t care.
    Here. Now, in this moment, is the time to use his Master Degree.
    He knew that his skeleton and internal organs were whittling down. It is the effect of the contract magic. An ordinary person cannot stand the sensation of their insides getting devoured. The man accepts with astonishment, that he had the force of will to continue his words and endure it.
    He will endure it. A word. Just one word left.
    “Kill her.”
    ‘All you have to do is mention it!’
    If Caster unleashes the true name of his Noble Phantasm, even a Servant would be sent flying. No matter what kind of natural talent she has, without cause, she is one girl who is just a human being, after all!

Manaka:
    “Fufu.”

Her laughter.
    It is like the ringing sound of a bell.
    The girl’s eyes were peering into the man from point blank range.
    ‘What the hell, when did she approach me?’
    She should have been at a distance.
    There is no sign she had used magic. However, there is the girl in front of his eyes just a few centimetres away. The man’s words completely stop as he is pierced by the gaze directed from her clear eyes. His tongue doesn’t move.

Master Reiroukan: “……Ngh!”

It is not just his tongue that does not move.
    His hands. His feet. Everything in his body cannot move.

Manaka: “Give up, Uncle. Please officially give Caster to me. There are other things that I’d like Mister Paracelsus to do for me.”
    Master Reiroukan: “……...You gotta, be kidding, right…...ngh!”

He tells her with words by moving his tongue at his lips which cannot move.
    At the same time, a lot of blood spills from his oral cavity, clogging even his breathing which is already thinning. Maybe it is due to the effects of the contract magic, or is it because he is defying the girl’s gaze. Either way, it was his extraordinary strength of will that made him emit a voice in this situation.
    How does a pretty girl respond in the face of that tenacity and vigour?
    Will she pity him?
    Will she be sad for him?
    Or will she respond to that feeling with sympathy?

Manaka: “Fufu. I see, then in that case.”

She was smiling.
    While reminding him of flowers themselves in full bloom.

Manaka:
    “I’ll create a weakness[5] to make you give in. It’s already half-way done, so I’ll finish it off right now.”

She was smiling.
    While filling her words, lips and eyes with the beauty of innocence.

Manaka: “Actually, I was thinking of doing this first――――”

She was smiling.
    Magnificent like flowers.
    Innocent like an angel.

[1] Mesektet: The Solar Ship of the Dark Night

[2] The Sphinx of Abu-el-Hol: the Lion Bodied Beast of the Hot Sand

[3] Ramesseum Tentyris: The Shining Great Temple Complex

[4] Potnia Theron: Princess of Beasts

[5] Reason: Sore Point / Weakness

Part 1-C: Journal Entry
    Spoiler:

About the estrangement of a Servant.

The Heroic Spirits who are manifested by the Holy Grail are essentially the power of the Magus who is their Master, an indispensable being for executing the magic ritual called the Holy Grail War, a useful weapon for winning in the mutual slaughter.
    But, sometimes, they can be “separated” from their Master.

Most likely due to a disagreement in their goals.
    For example, let’s say a Master who wishes for the termination of Being A and a Servant who wishes to save Being A are incompatible. It is inevitable that their paths will split someday.

A mismatch of personalities.
    Due to their personality, a Heroic Spirit may not acknowledge a magus as their Master.

There is also the possibility that a magus will transfer their Master’s rights to another person, for one reason or another.
    If a magus consents, then things will go reasonably well, but it is more than likely that this will done through forcible methods such as intimidation or torture.

There are not many workarounds.
    If it is a disagreement in goals, then there is no choice but to compel them by using a Master Degree.
    If it is a mismatch in personalities, there is no choice but to carefully build a relationship with them.
    And one should consider that there is no other way besides to take great care and personal attention to thwart the de-facto seizure――――forced transfer.

Don’t create a weakness.
    Protect it, if it exists.
    If that cannot be granted, then there is no other way than to discard it.

Of course. If you discard it, then it cannot be called a weakness.

Part 1-D: Misaya - First Person
    Spoiler:

I’m sure this is a dream.

I――――
    I, Misaya Reiroukan am quietly aware that it is one.
    While it was a little surprising, I could see and feel all of things around me.
    It was a fluffy place.

Fluffy and glittering.
    Stars are twinkling here and there in this space comprised of various colours. A star. When I see it in a star shape that is too abstract, I seem to show off my childishness.
    This is the inside of my dream after all.

A dream――――
    Current psychology which began with Mesmer and evolved over the years gives us an interpretation of dreams.
    It is a bit of an exaggeration to say that only a small part of it is also related to magic, but in reality, attempts to explain the movements of the mind have existed since the distant past in the history of magic.

I still cannot completely say that I am proficient at mental manipulation magic.
    Still, to some extent.

I can instantly realize that I am inside a dream.
    In the Holy Grail War, Masters and Servants sometimes dream of each other’s memories due to their structure which is connected by a magical path. After hearing that, I, was a little conscious of my dreams.
    I know I don’t need to be conscious of it, since I’m not a participant in Holy Grail War.

But still, I can’t help.
    Imagining if I were a Master.

Anyway.
    I quietly grasp my situation.
    I don’t maintain the permanence of my memories very much.

I can vaguely remember what I was doing before I fell asleep. At the height of the Holy Grail War. I can comprehend it for the time being. The battle of the Servants that occurred in the backyard forest――――the day when the night shone with the splendour released by Rider, how many days ago was that? Two days ago? Three?
    I can’t really remember.
    Can’t be helped. After all, this is a dream.

Here is the inside of a dream.
    I wonder if that’s the sky. Yeah. It probably is.
    I am floating. Am I flying in the sky? I think the sensation of swimming is relatively closer than say flying. Though, to be precise, I don’t have the resistance to swim in the water.
    A fluffy and glittering place where you can freely swim in the wind and fly in the sky.

As if, it is somewhere like a child’s dream itself.
    I’m in that kind of space.

I was floating.
    I was flying.
    To be honest, it feels comfortable.

Still, there are some inconveniences.
    Perhaps because my surroundings and myself are fluffy, it’s hard to determine my view, it’s also a strange feeling to be floating in the air. The lack of feeling of stepping with my feet is strangely lonely, though not enough to overturn the comfort of floating.
    And yet, there is nothing that I feel on my skin. I quickly realized that I didn’t feel my sense of touch. I’m sure I won’t feel pain even if I were to pinch my skin.

A sky, like I’m in the sea, like I’m on top of the sky.
    The twinkling abstract stars
    I also think that my slumber might be like this if the space is left as is.

And then――――

Manaka: “Good afternoon.”

Someone’s voice.
    Who does it belong to? It was a voice I knew.

There was someone’s smile.
    No, my consciousness was vaguely associated with it. Somewhere in this space, there must be someone who brought the voice and someone who was smiling.

I don’t know. It’s like a haze――――I swim there which is filled with various colours. Fly.
    I can move just by thinking it.
    It’s a fresh feeling to me who hasn’t yet mastered flight magic and although it still has a certain kind of comfort to it, something is different.
    It’s not bad being able to move freely, up and down, left and right.
    Still, it makes me feel uncomfortable to be “undecided” at all.

I wonder why I can’t wake up quickly.
    As I think it, I’ve already travelled a considerable distance.

It is endless.
    It seems like this space continues forever.
    If there is a dead end, what form will it take?

The moment I thought so.
    Softly, the haze ――――
    Something was in front of me.
    Someone was floating in there.
    It is like they were dancing, dancing gracefully in the fluffy space much more freely than I do.

Manaka: “Good evening.”

It was a girl.
    She looks a little older than me, umm, who is she, I wonder.

Manaka: “Long time no see. Misaya.”

She called my name.
    As if it is truly a matter of course for her.
    Does this girl know me?
    Do I know this girl?

I wonder who she was.
    I had a glimpse of some vague memories. Memories from my childhood.
    A park or a garden for some reason?
    It was like I met her before, one day, in a lovely place rampant with green trees and flowers.
    You are a few years older than me.

Manaka: “We’ve met once before, right?”

Yes. A few years ago.
    But it feels weird.
    She doesn’t look any different from those days.
    Because it’s a dream? Is that true?
    You are――――

Manaka: “You’ve gotten big. You’re very cute. Your nightgown and rabbit slippers look great on you.”

I believe her name is―――

Manaka: “Fufu. You see, today I…...”

Umm―――

Manaka: “I’m going to make friends with you”

It was a bright smile.
    The beautiful person is gently smiling at me.
    Like a fairy in a Celtic legend or a princess in a fairy tale or picture book.

I was nodding unconsciously.
    I nodded.

As I stare at her brilliant smile.
    Within the fluffy, unreal and glittering space.
    I never thought I shouldn’t nod in the slightest. I believed in that person from that time.

After all――――
    If she says she’s my friend.

Even my father whose face is getting paler day by day.
    I may be able to consult her about it.
    Last edited by PhoenixRising; March 21st, 2022 at 03:26 AM.

Hi guys,
    Here is Part Two of the completed translation of Fate/Prototype: Fragments of Sky Silver - Arc 2: Best Friend Arc - Act 5.

If you want to listen to this scene, please check out Fate/Prototype Fragments of Sky Silver Drama CD Vol 4 - CD2 - Track 3 & 4.

Part 2-A: Caster Self-Monologue

Spoiler:

No.
    No.
    Respect. Pity. Significance. My outlook. No. What are those? Such things are merely a deception. No matter how many hundreds or tens of thousands of words are lined up, there is just one fact. Yes. I…...
    I, the Alchemist, Von Hohenheim, while manifesting as “power for you” by a portion of the Holy Grail’s power which materialised in Tokyo, recognized you as a friend, even while feeling love and respect for you as an individual human, I easily betrayed your soul and wish like this.

A cruel betrayal.
    A ruthless rebellion.
    That’s all it is.
    I trampled on the precious feelings that should be cherished by a father who loves his child. I trampled on them, crushed them, shattered them without leaving a trace.

Thus, my friend.
    Not one in a million of it is your responsibility.
    Though mine extends to the millions――――

My evil.
    But it is just there.

But, what if.
    There is someone who can truly shine.
    Could I stand to up to the world that I couldn’t resist against?

Part 2-B: Master Reiroukan Perspective - Third Person
    Spoiler:

When she opened my eyes――――
    Her father’s figure was there with an expression she had never seen before.

She wasn’t in the dream anymore.
    What jumped into Misaya’s view when she opened her eyes in her bed was the face of her father shouting something, drooling with his mouth opened like a wild animal. The face of her beloved father, was just two metres away from her. For a moment, she wondered who he was. No one, he was supposed to be her father, Master Reiroukan, who she looks in the face every day, but he looked like a different person.
    Is it a side-effect of using magic?
    No, her father, the most prominent magic user in the Far East cannot have fallen into that situation.
    However.

Master Reiroukan: “Misaya.”

His voice is husky.
    His lips were cracked.
    While baring his teeth, he was puffing harshly.
    His eyes were bloodshot and constantly moving around with an uncertain focus.
    His neck and forehead are pulsing with blood vessels that are unbelievably thick and raised.

Misaya: “Fa….ther…...”

He escaped words are drown out by her father’s screams.
    A scream. Yes.

Master Reiroukan: “――――――――――Rrrrrrrgggghhhhh!!”

He screams. Screams. Screams.
    A scream that seems to break her eardrums and rocks Misaya’s skull. She had just woken up from her dream and her consciousness which couldn’t accurately read the situation she had gotten wrapped up in was shaken. What should she do, what should she tell him, she was overwhelmed before she could think it?

Misaya:
    ‘What’s wrong, Father?’

She didn’t know.
    She didn’t know what was going on here.
    Here. In her own room.
    What. Her father is screaming.
    He screams. Screams. Screams.
    Don’t be afraid. Do something.
    She mustn’t tremble. Her screaming father. Her father who is in an unusual state. She is the only one in the room besides her father. Whether he is in spirit form or not, Caster is nowhere to be seen. He is not here, because If he were nearby, he would have been racing to them right now.
    Therefore, she should deal with her father’s “abnormality” ――――

Master Reiroukan: “Mi, sa……ya………Misaya, Misaya, Misaya!!!”
    Misaya: “Yes, Father, it’s me, it’s Misaya. Do you read me?”
    Master Reiroukan: “Misaya”

Are her words getting through to him?
    The hope that she thought, ‘If so,’ would be shattered instantly.

Master Reiroukan:
    “Misaya” “Who would have thought?” “In the corner of my consciousness.” “Caster.” “No, no, no.” “The worst-case scenario.” “Prepare for it.” “It’s the worst.” “The worst.” “Oh, Caster.” “Before, this body rots away even further.”

The words that escaped from her father’s lips.
    Were fragmented as it mixed with his screams. Citation. They don’t make any sense.

Master Reiroukan: “Misaya. You…...”
    Misaya: “Yes, Father, I’m right here. It’s Misaya!”

She tells her father with a trembling voice.
    She got right away from a half-way upper raised position from her bed.
    Standing barefoot on the floor, she tries to talk with her gaze as close as possible to her father. What should she do? She doesn’t know what to do when she is the middle of obtaining information and sorting out the situation. The moment she decided to approach him for the time being, he quietly released sharp words.

Master Reiroukan: “You will die, Misaya”
    Misaya: “……...huh?”

Die.
    The sharpness of his words makes her flinch on reflex.
    Not by the contents of them. Misaya was pressured because of the force by which he told them to her as if they were piercing her. She had some preparedness because she decided to stay at the stronghold of the Reiroukans, one of the participants in Tokyo which is the stage of the Holy Grail War. Therefore, the word “death” itself does not get lost by her. Even if there is fear. She is not scared if they are just words.
    The reason why her body’s trembling got stronger was because of her father’s tone.
    Moreover, his eyes. She could see a strong, almost too strong will in her father’s wide-open and out of focus eyes.
    Her father was trying to tell her something――――
    The words that he told to the breathtaking Misaya were too straightforward.

Master Reiroukan: “In your body….”

With a harsh breath.

Master Reiroukan: “There is a curse embedded in it.”

With a voice mixed with blood.

Master Reiroukan: “It’s a lethal curse.”

With the tangled tip of his tongue.

Master Reiroukan: “There is no way to dispel the curse.”

Chillingly. But occasionally mixing in his screams.
    A curse. In my body?
    Misaya tilts her head with her thoughts. Before she was unaware of it, she didn’t understand the meaning of them. Even if the reason is related to the Holy Grail War, who on earth did this to her?
    That’s why, Misaya Reiroukan was sighing and mumbling.

“Who.”

――――Who cursed me?’

Master Reiroukan: “It’s me. I, you…...”

――――Father did?

Master Reiroukan: “It’s my_____. The curse, ah, the curse……”

――――He placed a curse on me?

Master Reiroukan:
    “You will die. It’s me. It’s my_____”

――――I’ll be like dead?

Master Reiroukan: “You must obtain the Grail.” “Someday.” “Someday in this Tokyo again……” “At the time when the Holy Grail War is held again.” “A-at that time, you…...” “You, you will be saved.” “N-No, no, that’s not right!” “You cannot be saved.” “You were cursed.” “Until you get the Grail.” “You will never be saved.” “That’s why.” “Th-tha-that’s why.” “The Grail.” “――――――――――Yyaaaarrrrggggh!!”

Continuous phrases again. At the end of it, he screams.
    He was frenzied.
    He screams. And screams. Even the blood vessels which ran from his nape to his forehead, looked like the embodiment of insanity.

Misaya doesn’t notice.
    That this is the backlash from the annulment of the contract.

Misaya doesn’t notice.
    That her father had used suppression magic against the deadly curse which had already been placed on her, while enduring the severe pain from his body collapsing from the inside.
    “Something” like a sharp knife which he had pulled out as he screamed is also a mystic code to preserve its effectiveness with.

She doesn’t notice.
    Her loving father raising the blade over his head.
    She was just staring at the scene in a daze.

Misaya: “Stop…it, Father”
    Master Reiroukan: “Misaya”
    Misaya: “Stop it――――!!!!”
    Master Reiroukan: “Misayaa……!!”

Finally, the blood vessels on his cracked forehead shed a crimson colour, her father screams as it overflows from both eyes.
    He screams. Screams. And screams.

And then, he brings the sharp blade he held to Misaya’s chest――――

Master Reiroukan:
    “I’m so sorry, Misaya”

――――He rips the cloth of her nightgown. And thrusts it deeply into her flesh.

Thank you for the update, much appreciated.
    Ugh cokesakto no no no

Knight of the Round Table Starlight Heroine's Avatar
    Thank you for the update Phoenix! I've been dreading and looking forward towards this latest update. Now I can safely react to the chapter with this. Damn it Manaka.

Last edited by Starlight Heroine; May 31st, 2021 at 07:43 AM.

Thanks for the translations, Phoenix! I do have some new questions though.

1) Now we know that Paracelsus only broke the contract by giving the Stone to Manaka/Arthur and placing the death curse on Misaya. (Seems to be just a spell to allow Manaka to go into Misaya's dream and place the curse herself) We also know now that the final state of Master Reiroukan was done by Manaka, not Paracelsus. Was he really turned into a Living Dead? Since he still has agency and shortly after this, he collapses outside the mansion and is properly dead. It seems like Manaka did something else entirely to the poor guy.

“Misaya” “Who would have thought?” “In the corner of my consciousness.” “Caster.” “No, no, no.” “The worst-case scenario.” “Prepare for it.” “It’s the worst.” “The worst.” “Oh, Caster.” “Before, this body rots away even further.”
    2) Does this imply that Paracelsus gave him the Azoth Blade on the spot since Master Reiroukan couldn't find it in his workshop earlier? And this was given without the use of a command spell?

---

Regardless, I love Master Reiroukan so much more after this. His sheer force of willpower and his immense compassion. "I command my friend with a Master Degree" hits so hard knowing all of Volume 2 in advance, and their relationship.
    Last edited by BlameLib; October 22nd, 2020 at 02:48 PM.