Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fate/Apocrypha Vol. 4 + 5 (no spoilers)

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Volume 5, Act 1, page 20
    Shirou had already calculated the necessary time needed for the Greater Grail's current status to be able to grant his wish.

"It would most likely happen within one hour. Beyond that would mean that the Greater Grail had rejected my wish and designated me as a foreign element to be eliminated."

It was quite hard to precisely gauge how much time had exactly passed for Caster of Red by using only his pocket watch, an item of the first half of the 17th century. The clock had no second hand, and the movement of the minute hand was rough at best. But it was enough to gauge roughly whether or not one hour had passed, so he did not really care much of it.

To sum it up, the struggles within this one hour would be the last confrontations that decides it all.

Once the Servants of Black boarded the
    Hanging Gardens of Babylon
    Aerial Gardens of Vanity
    , the final battle would finally truly begin.

Utilizing a magic tool of far sight that the empress had granted unto him, Caster of Red witnessed the figures of Servants in combat.

The Servants of Black currently fighting aboard the airplane. The hippogriff soaring through the air ridden by Rider of Black, Astolfo.

"Yes, yes. Each and every one of the actors upon this stage… their struggles! Truly, we too, have no choice but to answer them with everything that we have!"
    Last edited by castor212; August 15th, 2021 at 12:46 PM.
    I haz a patreon please support onegai:
    clickable fancy banner link

Currently (like, actually) finishing Apocrypha 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Castor, which Volume are these parts from?

Bless your soul for translating this, even if it's just a bit.

Blog Entries
    Volume 5

- - - Updated - - -

Volume 5, Act 1, page 21
    Especially Ruler. No matter how much the Archer of Red, Atalanta, had transformed herself, there is no denying the fact that a fight against Ruler would be at disadvantage. Amongst the Black side, it was highly probable that she'd be the first to reach the Greater Grail within the hour.

This was the story of Amakusa Shirou Tokisada, as well as the story of Jeanne d'Arc. The rest of the casts were all but supporting ones. Be it the black-haired poisoner empress, or the once homunculus boy, or the knight of rebellion wishing for love, or even Caster of Red himself; all of those who had managed to survive until this very moment were, without exception, all but supporting casts.

That being said, the scope of this particular story was vast… foolishly so! A story that would turn the whole world upside down, indeed.

The fate of the entirety of humanity might very well depend on what would happen within this garden, yet most of them simply indulged themselves in indolence as of now. Yet it was inevitable; all of this was simply beyond them. They could not hope to match the saint who had dedicated a whole sixty years of pursuing nothing but his one wish.

The saint would save them. With all the power he had.

Should they wish not to be saved, he had no choice but to defeat them with power even beyond that. And the only one dued for that was Ruler.

Two saints who, more than anyone else, wish for the salvation of others. Yet the path that they had chosen for themselves could not have been more different.

Still, Shirou rued what had happened with Ruler. He regretted it. Shirou did not want to fight her; she was his greatest enemy, the only Servant capable of defeating him.

—Thus, I shall leave her to you, and your Noble Phantasm.
    Last edited by castor212; August 15th, 2021 at 03:28 PM.

Blog Entries
    Productive night.

Volume 5, Act 1, Page 22-24

Those were Shirou's last words towards Caster of Red before he had departed from this world. While Shakespeare's degree of fame far surpasses that of Amakusa Shirou Tokisada, and perhaps equal to that of Jeanne d'Arc, strictly speaking he is no Caster.

Caster of Red, Shakespeare, is a weaver of words.

In that regard, there is simply no comparing his prowess against that of a saint. …By all rights, his is a power completely worthless in a Holy Grail War.

Even tens of thousands of words would be incomparable against one single stroke of a Saber's sword.

And yet. He is a Heroic Spirit that overcomes even that logic. Those very tens of thousands of words, when wielded by yours truly court jester, can bring about victory.

Such is the role of Shakespeare, the peerless playwright with no equal throughout history.

"Well then! Let us pray that the words I wield can turn this around. Should they prove unable to incinerate the holy woman, than it might as well snuff out my own life! Sink or swim, all or nothing, as they say. I shall use up all of my luck as a Servant down to it last drop! For Shirou Kotomine to be relying on someone like me… Alas, it left me with no other choice! It shall take anything and everything that I have to greet the holy woman. Will I meet my heroic end before even uttering a single word, or will my prose rise to the occasion towards victory?"

As he continued to sharpen the edge of his
    sword
    words
    , Caster of Red awaited for the arrival of the holy woman.

※※※※※

—He remembered of the days they ate and slept together.

—He remembered of the sleepless night where he would tell him stories.

—He remembered of him brushing his head, even when his own body was covered with wounds.

Those beautiful and warm memories, held with care.

Those memories, as if forgotten already, as they both glared at each other.

From the ten airplanes, only four were left. Amongst which was one Ruler was currently fighting on. Only three were now currently usable. And yet—

"So, Archer of Black. Your Master—where are they now?"

They lost their nerve or something? Such was what Rider of Red seemed to imply. It would be embarrassing, but considering the circumstances, perhaps also inevitable.

After all, they are currently 7500 meters above the air. The worst kind hell with the best kind of view, where no magecraft really matters much. Any normal Master, any normal magus would fall off quite easily.

There's nothing to be done about it. There's nothing… but Rider of Red was concerned about whether or not the distance between the two would weaken Archer of Black's prowess the further it was.

That very concern was immediately cut down by Archer of Black's sharp glare.

"Do not take my Master lightly, Rider of Red. She is with me. Right here, right now. Your concern is futile; wield your spear unburdened by such meaningless things."

With that said, Archer of Black nocked an arrow on his bow.

Without apologizing for his impolite words, Rider of Red silently take a stance with his spear. No apologies would mean anything at this point, his teacher eyes seemed to imply.

Thus, they would simply fight. Right here, right now, with everything they have.

On the buoyant skies, with the winds roaring like mystical beasts all around them.

"Here I come!"

"Have at you!"

The once teacher against the once pupil.

The greatest of sages against the strongest of warriors.

Father against son.

The clash between Chiron and Achilleus finally began.

※※※※※

Last edited by castor212; August 17th, 2021 at 10:18 AM.

Blog Entries
    Volume 5, Act 1, Page 26-29
    The moon was absent in the sky.

There is a legend that spoke of when Astolfo, Rider of Black, had found his sense of reason on the moon.

Had it been the real, actual moon? Who knows. What is important is the very legend itself.

To put it another way; if his sense of reason are on the moon, then Astolfo on Earth has none. Thus, should there be no moon in the sky…

"Here I goooo, Master—!"

The hippogriff neighed as loudly as the roaring wind surrounding them, reverberating shrilly.

It smashed its hoof on the steel roof of the airplane, ran forward, and—soared high into the sky.

"Astolfo of the Twelve Paladins of Charlemagne, entering the fray!"

Rider of Black loudly and proudly announced himself; such that any who were there even for an instant would've been aware of him.
    The laughable knight who, legendary as he is, had been attested to be "weak."

Yet even so. His proclamation was that of a true Heroic Spirit, through and through.

He soared higher. Higher. Faster. Faster.

The hippogriff, an impossible mystical beast born of the legendary griffon and a mare, soared 7500 meters up high on the sky, caring not of the roaring wind around it.

With great vigor, it began to invade the enemy's stronghold, the Aerial Gardens of Vanity(Hanging Gardens of Babylon), and—!

Naturally, Assassin of Red would not let such a thing happen so easily.

The interception spell,
    Tiamtum Uumuu
    Eleven Black Coffins()
    . Titanic, dark sarcophagi created in the likeness of eleven beasts that were said to have been born of the legendary beast Tiamat.

Assassin of Red's masterpiece that would eliminate her enemies utilizing light cannons easily surpassing A rank.

She observed the yelling about Rider of Black coldly.

Indeed. The opponent lacked none in terms of vigor. He would continue standing back up and fighting even after a defeat; the hallmark of Heroic Spirits.

Yet a defeat it would be. And it did not seem that he had any countermeasures in plan to overcome it. It was inevitable.

"Think you able to evade this one, perhaps? Fool. That arrogance shall be your last regret."

The Eleven Black Coffins began to stir. Their target: Rider of Black.

As if laughing, all the light cannons simultaneously fired, thus ending him—

"…What?"

Or rather, they should have.

※※※※※

The moon was absent in the sky. His madness abated. His trembling, on the other hand, subsisted.

And still, he was the white knight who never gives up. Sieg was holding on to Rider's back, clinging on him. No need for any words; all he could do right now was to believe in Rider.

Whether or not the Rider of Black had his sense of reason with him, always he would be a gallant knight. Always he would be—without a doubt—a Heroic Spirit.

"Alrighty, it's showtime! My heart may shiver in fear where no moonlight shines, yet still forward I shall go! Unbind—
    Casseur de Logistille
    Destruction Declaration()
    !"

Rider then pulled out a book, which pages then began to tear themselves in pieces. They rode the wind, the pieces of paper falling as if in a dance.

The light cannons loomed ahead of them, faster than the speed of sound. Yet Rider of Black continued charging ahead without a care. Even Rider, who possessed A-ranked Magic Resistance skill, would be mowed down back to the ground by the anti-army class light cannons—yet the first to strike failed to reach him.

With a sound of steel breaking, the light cannon dissipated. Of course, there were more than one incoming; the meteor shower aiming at Rider began to rain down upon him.

But once the grimoire's True Name had been spoken—once Casseur de Logistille had been unbound, any and every forms of magecraft would be rendered useless.

"Ahahahaha! Maaan, this feels gooood! Master, hold on tight, yeah!? I'm gonna ram up the speed even faster!!"

"Yeah, got it!"

The homunculus—Master of Rider, Sieg, undauntedly replied Rider of Black. The book's pages swirled about around them, while the light cannons continued to bombard them uselessly.

"S-Still, this is quite amazing!"

To that, Rider of Black yelled in reply.

"My book is!?"

"No! You! You're amazing!"

The one whom Queen Logistilla had entrusted this book to. The one who, up until just now, did not even remember its true name yet bravely soared through the sky.

"Heheh! Not the time to be surprised yet, Master! Alrighty, let's chaaaarge!"

Lightly clapping on the excited hippogriff's head, Rider accelerated even further. So was the amount of the light cannons. The Black Coffins, defensive mechanisms that they were, aimed 6 out of 11 amongst their numbers towards Rider.

"Simultaneous fire? …Fine, try me, then!"

They were light itself, compressed. Pure mayhem that simply overpowered everything in their path. And still, they failed to break through.

Rider of Black was unbowed, unbroken. He simply pushed forward, and forward, and forward…!

"We are aiming at them big, black cannons! Without those, Rulers and the others would be able to board the garden no problem!"

"Can you destroy them!?"

Rider immediately replied to Sieg's question.

"Dunno! But I'm doing it!!"

"…Alright, go for it!"

They should probably slow down instead… but Rider was correct. Removing these cannons would make reaching the garden become far, far easier.

The problem is Assassin—that is, how would Semiramis respond. There was no way she would simply laugh off and overlook them. It was likely they only had one way to go about this.

※※※※※

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    "No! You! You're amazing!"
    He knows how it be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Nice to you have you back, castor.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs