Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162161 ... LastLast

Thread: Quest of Fate - Apocrypha Universe Grail War

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Basic introductory profile has been added on Nomikata Sr. on the op so 'wise up'.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    Basic introductory profile has been added on Nomikata Sr. on the op so 'wise up'.
    Not much we didn't already know, but nice to have it all in one place.

Dad seems quite competent, but he's a bit of an asshole. I'm interested to see how he responds to our questions in the next update.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nomikata Mannor
    Afternoon - 2:23pm

This probably isn't the best timeframe for my magical energy as it tends to be approximately 11 pm. Even though this is my only chance right now and I can't afford mistakes, I have no time.
    The summoning circle is already prepared.

I don't need a large scale summoning, the Grail handles all that stuff for me as it is the thing that actually calls them forth. As the Master, it is my role to simple keep the Servant in the world and supply them with enough mana to last. A simultaneous anchor and battery.

"Bare and silver and iron. Stone for foundation and the Grand Duke of contracts. My great master Shveinorg for the ancestor.
    A wall for the descending winds. The four gates shall close and come out the crown. Let the three-forked road to the kingdom cycle."

I begin the chant, drawing all my concentration. The magic circle has been forged of my own blood, Father's, Risa's and various livestock of this land to act as a greater tether if the servant is truly of this land as-

An explosion of noise rocked the Manner to the core as it echoed throughout the whole building. The Bounded Field had been breached, we were under attack. With that the light faded, Father turned around to face me and roared.

"Boy! We do not have time for your petty distractions! Focus NOW!"

Even with death literally knocking at our door he still doesn't change, an epitome of a magus till the end and I resume.

"Fill. Fill. Fill. Fill. Fill.
    Five ti-

Another echo, and this one released a shockwave that knocked us all to our knees. I can feel the ambient energy of the Manner fading. Our defensive systems are failing and even the ley lines are being disrupted. The whole foundation of the summoning is being broken around me, have we failed before we even begun?

Father is stone cold. He moves still but his face seems locked in position.

"Boy, finish the summoning. I will ward the scum off, Risa you are to protect my heir."

I haven't even turned around to see him go before he leaves to face the oncoming storm, but I can't. To do so would be a disservice to the Nomikata name.

"I will be a-

Now, there is a shrill shriek. The noise is inhuman, I've no clue if it was my father or not but it means whatever struck down our shields may have struck him down.

My whole body feels ablaze, this is wrong. The circuits are on fire.

"Protector of the balance… save me."

Not an incantation, I can't finish the whole thing but what I can do is plea for help that somewhere, something can save me. As my energy is sapped out of me, there is no invisible switch flicking. I don't become a tool of magical power. Just an empty battery.
    Shards fill my eyes, but this is no dream. This is me breaking down right now, my end now.

"______________"

The room is hot as I feel a final pull. I'm motionless but all I want to do is cry out. Petrified but melting from the inside out.
    I have no mouth and I must scream.

It's like I'm melting. Ending.
    I roll around to see Risa is still standing by the door to act as my last defence, or to extend my life by a single second.

"Please."

The voice call out as the drum beats against the door.

Are you who hath wrought this? Are thou my master?

1). "Y-yes, I am."
    2). "Get me out of here!"
    3). "Kill the intruder"
    4). "No, she is your master" (Relinquish role as master in the sub-category Holy Grail War to Risa)
    5). Write in!

Gotta be 1

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Holy crap, shit just got real! We may not have time to run any questions by dear old dad by the time this is through...!

Yeah, I'll follow what everyone else is saying and pick 1. Time to see what our cool new Servant looks like!

Also, it's a nitpick but I'm not sure if Seigi's chant should really invoke Zelretch like Rin's does. I was under the impression that was because of the Tohsaka family's particular ties to him, not a general case...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The up side of bank holidays is that you have more time to write. The down side is that when they're over you're to busy playing catch-up to do anything and it kills motivation as a result.

How does a Reiner profile sound as an apology for an otherwise lack of content?

The up side of bank holidays is that you have more time to write. The down side is that when they're over you're to busy playing catch-up to do anything and it kills motivation as a result.

How does a Reiner profile sound as an apology for an otherwise lack of content?
    Sure. Don't feel like you have to rush anything, though.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Reiner profile made with as much info as Seigi currently remembers is up. Next instalment of the Quest will be next week at some point.

Reiner profile made with as much info as Seigi currently remembers is up. Next instalment of the Quest will be next week at some point.
    I think the spoilers aren't working quite properly for Reiner's bio. Otherwise seems cool.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nomikata Mannor
    Afternoon - 2:29pm

The mysterious figure leaps before me, faster than I can even think.

"!"

Forcing myself up with whatever strength I have left, I follow the phantom and Risa charging ahead.

Breaking out into the hallway, I just see everything destroyed around me. Everything our family had built is gone and all I hear is the sound of weapons and a silver glint from the former skyline as a large creature falls to the earth with a dull thud.

It's unmistakably a familiar of the highest order. The physical body is large and feline and I can feel a large well of magical energy within it, its fur glistens with a radiant dark platinum colour that even now when stained bloody crimson possesses an ethereal inhuman beauty though the rotting stench ruins the appearance. As it keels over and reveals its chest I see it's completely eviscerated with a cold gust of wind emanating from the wound.

Death doesn't always tarnish the beauty of something, especially great magecraft but that is a testament to the power of a servant. Such a familiar could be considered a pinnacle of modern magecraft and here it lies, dead in an instant. It overcame my father and my servant overcame it in turn.

As the servant slowly descends out of the air, floating down to the floor level, whipping up sharp blades of wind around it, something about them seems… unnerving.

Indeed the most unnerving fact about this scenario is that despite being covered in blood, their face is emotionless like this was simply a mundane take to carry out.

Examining them, I can now see the heroic spirit I've brought forth as a servant. They're wearing traditional Japanese garb almost as if they were pulled straight out of a samurai flick, it's dull and looks weighted - no flashy stylised armour, simple and elegant. And their face… it's beautiful.

I stagger towards them and stare into their empty face, even though it seems desolate, it's truly remarkable. Their age and gender seems almost a little ambiguous with the figure could easily be a few years younger than me or older than me.

"___"

I can't call out. I'm too caught up in the overwhelming presence of my servant, so Risa speaks in my stead.

"Who are you?"

Their face remains blank.

"I am servant Lancer. You summoned my with my relic, so I assumed you would know or is my identity a secret only to my
    Master
    Emperor
    ."

Master. Emperor.

The two words overlap as if they're being said simultaneously. And I've summoned Lancer, one the the great Knight Class servants, but I can't see an actual pole arm, did the servant tear the familiar apart with their bare hands? In seconds?

OW!

Pain suddenly runs through my hand, like it's on fire and leaves a strange tattoo like mark on my hand.

The Command Seal.

I've done it, I'm a master, but all in all, it's all been to much as I fall back into the now familiar grasp of unconsciousness.

==========================================

Alright, so instead of picking a choice, we (well you) are going to pick the FC of the servant you summoned! Aside from the clothes I described, everything is your choice, even gender as i've kept it nice and ambiguous. Bonus points if the main image colour is red. You can decide amongst yourselves and vote for whatever you pick.

Also I'll try and make the instalments longer now as I now have more spare time for it.

Blog Entries
    Oh shit dawg, it's time. And we get the best Class too.
    After scouring the boorus this is the best I could find that fits most of the qualifications, even if it'd end up being a genderswap (probably)
    Lancer FC

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh also I forgot to mention, If you wanna pick/draw/whatever the command seals look like, you can do that too.

Blog Entries
    I know this isn't red, but I lack the ability to edit it. The upper outer segments are the first seal, the lower outer ones are the second, and the mass in the center is the third.
    Command Seal

I suck at this.
    Last edited by SleepMode; April 26th, 2017 at 09:59 PM.

Blog Entries
    Spoiler:

Gotcha covered family

Well, having looked around a bit, I think I'll just vote for the two choices that have been put forward already. Ail's FC is quite nice, and I like the broken glass vibe from the command seal. You guys have my vote.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hmm... the stoical loyalty, Japanese motifs and Lancer Class made me think of Tomoe Gozen for a second there, but calling her(?) Master "Emperor" pretty much vetoes that.

Since Tomoe's own liege, Yoshinaka, was merely a general and not an emperor. Guess we'll just have to wait and see...! Now to see if I can find a fitting faceclaim...

- - - Updated - - -

Eh, since I can't come up with anything better off hand I guess I'll just third the FC Ail suggested, at least unless I find something better...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ail Don View Post
    Spoiler:

Gotcha covered family
    Thanks fam