Page 53 of 62 FirstFirst ... 34348515253545558 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1224

Thread: Quest of Fate - Apocrypha Universe Grail War

屍鬼 Ghoul

voting

3. Kill Morgan.

There is no "try" here. We will kill her, and we will save both Risa and Lancer. There's no other option. This is my "Bring Illya back". As for the other two choices, I say No. That would probably be playing into what Hiro and Morgan want. We'll win this with our own power alone, and with the Power of Love. That's all we need.

Editing again: I no longer have any idea what to do regarding tapping into extra powers, so I'm changing that part to a blank ballot. I still say we kill Morgan (or at least drive her off), though.
    Last edited by Lunasilverhart; September 19th, 2020 at 03:21 AM.

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    1. Save Risa

False Bodhisattva: No

Tap deeper into The Root: Yes

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Yes
    Yes

Blog Entries
    No
    No

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    1. Save Risa

False Bodhisattva: Yes

Tap deeper into The Root: No
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

No.
    No.

I don't believe we have a good option available, so let's go for the most desperate option despite the poor payoff. At least it will be something worthy of a hero... !

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Currently at a tie between ‘Save Risa’ and ‘Kill Morgan’

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just caught up to this now but I'll go with

3- Kill Morgan
    False Bodhisattva- Yes
    Tap deeper into The Root- Yes

Evil of Humanity Half-Blood Master's Avatar
    No
    No
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, July 20th 2019
    We gave HBM, of all people, access to a morals loosening field
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, December 25th 2019
    Senta deserves the right to a life where she gets to choose if she's actually a Nazi
    True Rider
    A wise and beautiful woman who exudes an aura of grace. She is a sly, cunning, manipulative person who always gets what she wants, whether through trickery or ruthlessness. Her own fighting abilities are low, but she should not be trifled with. What does she ride? Men, of course!

JP Friend Code
    1, No, Yes.

After pretty much doing the equivalent of a cram session to catch up, my answers go as follows:

1. Save Risa: The scales have gone beyond a simple Grail War. Baba Yaga is a potential Wild Card we could still convince to help us out (or she could interfere of her own whims). Lancer has raw power, but Risa has the smarts to help us out better in this situation. Besides if nothing else, we still could have Yorkie's help.

No: I don't think the False Bodhisattva is really going to help in this situation.

Yes: Tap into the Root as a last ditch effort to accomplish objective 1 if necessary

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Fuyuki in Flames – Einzbern Castle Ruins
    Day 09, Afternoon – 06

I’m pressed against the wall, just a single stupid boy against literal golden radiance. Every time I have been in trouble, I’ve been rescued by someone else like a damsel in distress...

But this is the only thing I can think of doing, how else can I save someone. I could run in screaming bloody murder, arms flailing and shooting out mana but Morgan has the advantage on everything, power, health, position and two hostages. I could charge in and try to kill Morgan but that could risk losing both Risa and Lancer.

I’d have nothing to go on other than rage and self-hatred. More realistically if I tried and failed both of them, I’d have nothing to live for… No real reason to live.

If Morgan didn’t kill me… I’d probably end up killing myself afterward to be honest.

“You put them down or I will rip you apart limb from bloody limb!”

When put in these situations I don’t know what to do other than get angry, I can’t offer myself in this situation because that’s just giving Morgan what they want and it would result in Risa and Lancer dying, I may as well take out the crystal blade I took from the Tohsaka household and slit their throats myself. Again, if both of them died, I’d probably kill myself.

“You would try and you would fail, you cannot reach the level of one who walks the path of a Human-God as you are now little Wildflower.” Morgan however seems utterly unperturbed with all this talk and literally calling themselves a ‘God’ now.

And I take the moment to swear to myself to never pray to a filthy god ever again.

“I’ll save them, one at a time if I have to. Then I’ll find a way to kill you, and take everything back.”

I dash forward and take the head-first approach, my magic circuits lit up I call upon the Wind element though the simplest form of evocation to enhance my speed till I match a speeding bullet.

I need to save someone; someone has to pay. I couldn’t care less if I die right. I need to save someone though. If I save someone then Morgan can kill me, my soul will just have to bear with the net loss my existence has had as an impact on this world.

I raise my fist and punch the ground, calling upon Nigredo to destroy the ravaged earth further: oxygen, 46.6 percent by weight; silicon, 27.7 percent; aluminum, 8.1 percent; iron, 5 percent; calcium, 3.6 percent; sodium, 2.8 percent, potassium, 2.6 percent, and magnesium, 2.1 percent.

Divination and analysis complete. Now destroy.

The earth below Morgan explodes and their foothold is lost, but even now they remain perfectly poised on the shattered stalagmites piercing upwards. Their stupid perfect smug face now looking down on me. Morgan is unimpressed.

“Weak, very weak.”

A golden beam of divine radiance fires out of a single outstretched finger and flies forward at lightspeed. So fast, too fast –

It pierces my chest, skewering me and traveling through.

It doesn’t slow me down

I don’t care.

I’m too angry.

I keep running and pump my magical output to a scourging gale I unleash before me. Flesh would have been ripped from bone, steel split in too, but all I do is ruffle up Morgan’s hair blowing it in their face.

Once again I see the golden glow and it could pump me full of hold till I drop dead but I have people who depend on me and until then, even if my body is broken, even if my soul is shredded to pieces, Seigi Nomikata will refuse to die.

Once again Morgan prepares an attack but this time, I am ready! Forwarding my energy downward, the gale propels me twenty feet skyward. Twisting and turning at impossible angles, beams of light fly past me, barely grazing me, or at the very least not registering mortal wounds.

“Now scream for me Morgan!”

I curl my hand up into a fist once more and bring it down toward Morgan’s head with the intent to crush their skull fifty times over. The rage, the thrill of the game, the desire to kill… I love it. This was what I was always meant to do.

As I descend once again, I do not reach Morgan as both Risa and Lancer’s chains pull them tight closely to them and they are encapsulated in a burning golden dome. Through the golden semi-solid flames, I see Morgan raise an eyebrow as if I have piqued curiosity finally.

“Sweet Wildflower, you are burning alive. Please desist or you’ll die for nothing.”

They’re right, I’m engulfed in the flame. Not only have I been pierced by a blade of holy light, the flames of the gods have seen to burn me alive.

It should hurt. I should be crying out begging for death.

But this isn’t about me. I’m not fighting for my survival; I’m fighting for something actually worth a damn.

“No no no no no,” Morgan murmurs, far gentler now than the condescension and smug superiority from earlier. They’re calm, as if trying to sooth a spooked animal as Morgan reaches out toward me untouched and unblemished by the holy wrath. “If you keep going, you’ll die. You won’t save the women you love, there is no glory in a meaningless death, please stop little Wildflower.”

“I DON’T CARE!”

I push through, my arm reaches out into the golden flames and I feel it all at once. It hurts, it hurst so much it feels like my mind will shut down. I bare my teeth and scream but not in pain, but rage.

I see my arm char and blacken, practically turning to charcoal. My fingers are so close to Morgan, naught but a hair’s breadth away.

“Let go little brother, my little Wildflower.”

That name, so familiar… I feel compelled. To escape with my life and start something anew. However, when I see Morgan, I see my father, I see a woman with white hair and piercing red eyes I have never seen before, I see my mother, I see everyone who has tried to use me.

“I’D RATHER DIE!”

I feel Morgan’s skin against my own as our fingers touch.

“滅 – Metsu!”

I cannot feel my sister’s soul burn within my own, that golden flash from earlier must have muted our connection for but an instant but we are connected by that one primal feeling.

Her sorcery is different to my own, mine is that of magnum opus school of alchemy, Aoi has far surpassed me and has reached a level of conceptual destruction. Calling on as much of that as my bleeding circuits can muster, I unleash my od as pure magical energy upon down.

I can reach a chain; I can break it!

“If you want to get to know me, you can at least make me dinner.”

"Oh, look at me! Big rich old mage who can afford things like metal cutlery and the heating bills."

“You need to keep calm”

"Pfft, I'm talking about the personal stuff. Juicy gossip and all that crap, you want us to open up then you get talking first."

"-Before you ask, I only slept for an hour. I passed out over the sink."

"Damnit Seigi! Never leave a girl alone in a haunted house!"

"Well then, how about the three of us go on a date?!"

“Not quite sure why you’re in a hurry to get dressed Seigi, I mean Lancer looks as lo- I didn’t know you were a natural blond.”

"We're bad people"

“Alternatively, there’s the ancient mana transfer ritual where mana is transferred with bodily fluids… You would… need…”

“I found you… you’re alive!”

"Hey, wanna share my notes?"

In the end… it’s not a question at all. Besides if I saved Lancer instead of Risa, the heroic spirit would never forgive me for it.

Pulling with what little might remains in my bones I pull Risa away before the shockwave flings us aside like ragdolls, I cushion her fall with my own impaled, burned, half-dead body before she slowly rolls off to the side.

I let out three words.

“I love you.”

Our eyes meet and I see she is heartbroken. She does not struggle anymore; she does not cry anymore as I look upon a desolate expression on her face. It is a face I wore for most of my life, the face of someone who does not believe that they are worthy of love.

“I know.”

But that is her last act of resistance.

She has no power to escape now, and even if she did, it is too late. The ominous presence now emanates from within herself. The blinding light has invaded her legs and is now up to her waist.

She is becoming a part of this radiance, which swallows up even the moonlight. Then – everything is too late.

The light creeps upwards, as her vision fades the crimson spearmaster…

“Forgive me, my friend. I’m sorry.”

Manages one last gasp before the light consumes her and she is gone.

La-

Lancer…

No…

NO!

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No

A part of my soul dies right then and there. Rational though escapes me, all I can think of is running up and-

Nigre—gagh!”

A punch from a servant would smash my head open like a watermelon. I only live because Morgan allows it.

I fall to the floor as all the emotion spills out, I don’t have the might to move anymore.

“How… How are you so powerful!? You never lost anything!"

“You don’t remember shit, do you?” they reply grinding their heel into my chest with all their weight as I feel my ribs crack one at a time. “Are you so immature to believe you’re the only one who has loved? Who has lost?”

I feel something squelch inside as one of my organs is crushed. I cannot even scream.

“See, the two of us are more alike than you’d like to believe. I have people I love too, people I cherish more than myself, smile that I need to protect. That’s why I’m here to gain power, to protect them, just like you tried just now. I’m not like those hollier-than-thou mages all too reliant on eugenics and political bullshit.”

My lungs go, I can’t breathe.

“I guess the main difference just means my love is stronger than yours!”

My heart stops beating.

“And not just that, you’re all too eager to die!” spits out Morgan in response to my death throes “You don’t have the will to live!”

Just fucking kill me already.

“Besides? Strength doesn’t come from pain; it comes in spite of that. Strength is love, it’s a choice. Fighting like hell to protect what's important. You’re all too eager to throw away everything you’ve ever had... no wonder you have no true power!"

I try to say their name, only to cough up blood as Morgan raises their foot and drives it down. My vision goes dark but I feel Morgan’s soft hand against my face and pluck my limb body up by the head.

I remember something Rider said in passing. “Close your eyes and reach out darling.”

Divine, analyse…

Human composition, magic circuits, foreign technological bodies I do not understand. But there is some sort of core a magical core, a spiritual processing system. I feel what must be tens or possibly hundreds of tiny voices… tiny little… souls. And I recall, Morgan said they were a ‘Soul Recycling Unit’. Through different means, Morgan must house similar mystery to my own, a vessel of a multitude of souls.

The reasons to fight, similar power but they’re strong. Too strong.

Morgan likened themselves to a God too…

I- Fuck!

Further analysis and accurate reading cannot proceed, brain shutting down…

“Your lady love Lancer is gone. Yamato Takeru now belongs to me and now I’m her only chance to possess the grail. You failed her. Now if you don’t fight, Risa will not survive her injuries. I will find Yorkie and punish her for betrayal. Detest me all you want but we are one and the same, if you will not fight to save yourself, you’ll fight for them! So, fight damn it!”

The lost souls cry out once again. Not just mine but the ones in Morgan too.

I feel the call of the root, us two Akashic Anchor call out in harmonic resonance. I can’t call them into myself but I can reach out.

It breaks, a part of my brain explodes. I cannot beat them unless I break past my limits and go even further beyond.

“Trigger off.”

I burn every single magic circuit in my body into overdrive and reach out into the Root, not for my sake, but as Morgan said, the people I love – !

Power –

Give me more power –

[BGM]

I am consumed in light, burning blue. The clothes off my body shred away as my mana and od overflow and spill out of my body much like Morgan’s own radiance. Blue glowing markings sear themselves into my flesh and my head explodes as two large horns protrude outward only for all my scars and wounds to knit themselves clean.

Status Update!

Health: Critical >> Unknown
    Mana: Critical >> Unknown

Player Choice overridden by character

I become my own monster.

Commission by SolKorra

“FUCK YOU!!”

Catch Up!

Seigi possesses aptitude for the current magecraft schools:
    Catch Up!

• Alchemy (Adept, destructive affinity)
    • Elemental evocation (High level initiation, Wind element)
    • Projection, Reinforcement (Initiated), Structural analysis (Initiated)

Seigi possesses the current abilities at this Access Stage:

Enhanced Alchemy

Through subconsciously recreating lost techniques and incantation from a deceased prodigy, Seigi Nomikata is capable casting Alchemical magecraft (Nigredo, Transmutation etc) based spells at enhanced speed and power.

False Bodhisattva

A king is nothing to a God, however in this modern Age of Man, a god is nothing to a non-believer as mortal humans continue to achieve what was once believed to be impossible. One who is not a God but a human who attains a higher state of being as an awakened one which allows to unlock potential and power through a physical transformation.

At Access Stage Level 1, in this transformed state the effects of Enhanced Alchemy are greatly increased.

Transcendent Natural Flesh

Humanity’s greatest weakness and primal fear is that of its mortality. As one on the path to becoming a perfect being, death itself shall one day be overcome. Grants some increased resistance to all ailments, curses, disease and poisons. An ability akin to ‘One who stands At the Boundary’.

Though this won’t affect the quest itself but the physical effects of aging slow greatly, within a decade he will look relatively the same age and by the time he is over half a century in age he will still look and function akin to a man in his early thirties at most.

New Access Note

You may select ONE new Access Note from the following:

Average One

To better handle a wider range of magecraft, mastery of all five great elements: Fire, Earth, Water, Wind and Ether… all are greatly desired. Seigi’s elemental affinity will remain strongest with the Wind, but Seigi’s range of magecraft will be expanded upon as he will gain access all five and become an artificial Average One.

Elemental Construction

The ability to make use of artificial spirits corresponding to the five elements. These spirits are called Elementals, or more informally Elemental Masses through the techniques of Paracelsus. Seigi gain the ability to create a crystalline being that can act as an aid in combat comparable to that of a wraith.

Note that due to Seigi’s own elemental affinity he can only create a Wind Elemental and alters Enhanced Alchemy and will take new effects when under the transformation ability of False Bodhisattva.

Scion of Storm

More mundanely Mana Burst (Wind). Replaces the usage of Reinforcement magecraft by means of rendering it redundant but not structural analysis. To put simply it is the increase in performance caused by infusing one's weapons and body with Magical Energy and Wind element then instantly expelling it - recreating the effect of a jet burst by expending large amounts of Magical Energy. Used for speed and defence through enforcing the whole body,

These effects last for one Phase. At the end of that Phase, Seigi’s Access Level rises to 2, if it has not already happened.

Magecraft Initiation

Albeit from a great distance, Seigi is capable of gazing into the majesty of The Root, existing outside of time, it stores and archives information of all possibilities and events, past, present, and future, of the world. It is the place from where all souls, including those of Heroic Spirits recorded on the Throne of Heroes, originate from and to where they return after death.

Through flashes of inspiration, Seigi will gain new talents to supplement his magical and physical abilities, but the current one ‘Enhanced Alchemy’ will be replaced.

Enhanced Alchemy
    – Currently selected.

Monastic Tradition
    – Observing the techniques of the greatest of warriors and martial artists, natural combat aptitude is increased. One’s reaction times and physical capabilities attain the highest level that humans of the Age of Man can attain without usage of magecraft, rendering the user at the level of an Olympic athlete/modern/martial arts master/power lifter etc.

Teachings of Hecate
    – Teachings of magical masters of the Age of Gods, specifically the Hellenistic school of magecraft. Words and guidance from the likes of Circe & Medea are installed in one’s head. Though one will not become a Caster class servant overnight, more economical usage of one’s magecraft and pathways to lost mystery from the Age of Gods will begin to be unveiled to him.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Also, a minor update has happened to Lancers profile

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Teaching of Hecate

Hecate's Teachings

Lessons Provided Through The Goddess Formerly Known As Hecate.

Trying to argue a bit for it, Seigi's current skillset is very ill-fitting to defeat Hiro and Morgan. Starting with the fact that they know everything about him : his current hooks into the Root and False Bodhisattva are the results of Hiro's researches, Morgan possesses similar abilities as a Human God but has more experience and Hiro to fund any of their endeavors, besides whichever benefits they may get as someone who come from a family that was very much involved in those types of shenanigans. He's basically trying to win a game against two expert players by playing with the beginner guide while they have the full rulebook on their side.

Teachings of Hecate may just be what he needs to get a better understanding of Morgan's Olympian-derivative magecraft/human god skills and gain access to a school of Magecraft that his nemesis dad isn't an expert into. So it allows him to retailor his powerset according to what he wants and adds an element of incertitude for the bad guys, "what can he really do now".

It may be a longer term investment than the others, but it feels both worth it in terms of what it can bring and fitting for the moment. Seigi is finally facing heads-on the machinations of his father, why not let him use the opportunity to take a way that wasn't planned for him by Hiro ?

Blog Entries
    H-hm...

I’ll say Scion of Storm.

Mostly for a few reasons - it’s a reasonable intuitive reaction to Morgan’s physical strength and melam and there’s the serious risk of being very physically outmatched otherwise given she has Servant stats. Hecate also has a dilemma for me in that it’s undeniably the best long-term goal but it’s not a given Seigi will have any inspirations in the middle of combat and it’s going to take awhile to really hit its peak.

That being said, I do think Hecate is the strongest long-term choice... and the possible consequence of Scion does worry me...

and I’d probably pick it if I were less biased.
    Fimbulwinter spoilers
    In my heart, I just want Seigi to learn better magecraft from Lily rather than the Root. <.<;; So getting AoG gains here feels like it branches off definitively from Fimbulwinter, ahaha...

JP Friend Code
    hmm, I'll put in a vote for Scion of Storm.

Evil of Humanity Half-Blood Master's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Prussia View Post
    Lessons Provided Through The Goddess Formerly Known As Hecate.

Trying to argue a bit for it, Seigi's current skillset is very ill-fitting to defeat Hiro and Morgan. Starting with the fact that they know everything about him : his current hooks into the Root and False Bodhisattva are the results of Hiro's researches, Morgan possesses similar abilities as a Human God but has more experience and Hiro to fund any of their endeavors, besides whichever benefits they may get as someone who come from a family that was very much involved in those types of shenanigans. He's basically trying to win a game against two expert players by playing with the beginner guide while they have the full rulebook on their side.

Teachings of Hecate may just be what he needs to get a better understanding of Morgan's Olympian-derivative magecraft/human god skills and gain access to a school of Magecraft that his nemesis dad isn't an expert into. So it allows him to retailor his powerset according to what he wants and adds an element of incertitude for the bad guys, "what can he really do now".

It may be a longer term investment than the others, but it feels both worth it in terms of what it can bring and fitting for the moment. Seigi is finally facing heads-on the machinations of his father, why not let him use the opportunity to take a way that wasn't planned for him by Hiro ?
    haha wind goes brrrrrrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    H-hm...

I’ll say Scion of Storm.

Mostly for a few reasons - it’s a reasonable intuitive reaction to Morgan’s physical strength and melam and there’s the serious risk of being very physically outmatched otherwise given she has Servant stats. Hecate also has a dilemma for me in that it’s undeniably the best long-term goal but it’s not a given Seigi will have any inspirations in the middle of combat and it’s going to take awhile to really hit its peak.

That being said, I do think Hecate is the strongest long-term choice... and the possible consequence of Scion does worry me...

and I’d probably pick it if I were less biased.
    Fimbulwinter spoilers
    In my heart, I just want Seigi to learn better magecraft from Lily rather than the Root. <.<;; So getting AoG gains here feels like it branches off definitively from Fimbulwinter, ahaha...
    Seriously +1 to all this
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, July 20th 2019
    We gave HBM, of all people, access to a morals loosening field
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, December 25th 2019
    Senta deserves the right to a life where she gets to choose if she's actually a Nazi
    True Rider
    A wise and beautiful woman who exudes an aura of grace. She is a sly, cunning, manipulative person who always gets what she wants, whether through trickery or ruthlessness. Her own fighting abilities are low, but she should not be trifled with. What does she ride? Men, of course!

Blog Entries
    Scion of the Storm