Blog Entries
    Somewhere in Fuyuki

Character Status

Health: Poor
    Mana: Poor
    Access to the Root: Level 2 > 3

[BGM]

“While thy branches mix with mine, and our roots together join.”

Love and Harmony combine, by William Blake. I don’t recall the last time I heard that poem but it was certainly a long time that is for certain.

I feel different. What was left of Jin has ‘returned’ to me. Not necessarily stronger but more… whole. As if the jigsaw that is Seigi Nomikata has been given a vital piece of the jigsaw that has allowed the picture to be reorganised and filled in.

To think of it as a trinity, Aoi was the dormant soul, Jin the active mind, I was the body. That said, Aoi seems quiet. I feel no pull from her, no spark. Likewise there has been no commentary from her for a while.

That said, it is awfully rude and ungentlemanly to talk about someone when you can talk to them.

“Can you hear me?”

No response. From either sibling. No burning push to fight. To keep moving forward.

I know not about Jin, perhaps he is simply at rest now, gods know he’s earned it after all this time. Aoi however, that pathway that was opened at that tower and encounter with Lazlow… it is still there. She is simply not responding.

That is troubling. If not for the fact that I have to get into a bare knuckle fist fight with a deity-like figure that is my adopted sibling after killing my already dead ghost brother I would have a proper conversation with my dead sister. With that thought, I ponder that should I survive this, return to Clock Tower and graduate from General Fundamentals if I should instead transition to Necromancy rather than Alchemy,

Nah, sod that. I’m far too handsome to waste it all to become one of those undead zombies.

With that said, I pick myself, dust myself off and take the fire escape ladder up to the rooftops where I began this fight and pick up the suit jacket I discarded. It’s a rental from Kiritsugu’s son, I can’t afford to damage it.

“Nomikata Seigi”

Ah I see him up on the rooftop above me. Oh, it's Kiritsugu’s kid.

Oh fuck, it’s Tohsaka’s student and lover. I forgot they were the same person. I haven’t seen him since that masquerade ball years ago and that incident occurred.

“Oh! Erm, K-konichiwa Emiya-sama”.

Was that the correct use of honorifics? I know they’re a Once again my lack of knowledge on the Japanese language is to my detriment.

He’s staring at me with an intensity in his eyes, those wondrous jewel like eyes, almost looking down on me with that look of assured confidence and smooth jawline you could cut yourself by touching it, all while dressed like a yakuza family Oyabun. It’s been three years and he’s aged like wine. He leaps down and crashes down in a three point landing before rising to his feet. When we first met we were the same height but now he seems a few good inches taller.

He looks… good.

“I recognise that suit Nomikata, one I haven’t worn in years.I will say you do look good in my clothes.” Shirou says, pausing for a moment, sizing me up and down, his eyes looking up and down at every weakness of my current state. “I do miss your purple though, it was unique and distinctly you, your declaration of your identity.”

“You think so?”

He chuckles. “You look good when you wear what you do with confidence.”

“You’re right, the clothes don’t make the man.”

“I suppose I’ll wait till I can go to a barbershop and get a new outfit before throwing this to the side then.” I say nodding back, after readjusting my collar I walk up to stand beside him. “So what with your new look, it’s good but not what I expect Tohsaka’s aesthetic to be.”

Shirou simply shrugs.

“It was a gift. I like it, she does not.”

I give a light elbow to his sides.

“Her loss. But anyways, how is Lady Tohsaka? Haven't seen her since she and Sakura had their… scrap.”

He simply raises an eyebrow. Inexplicably I feel my sins crawling on my back.

“You’re right, dumb question.”

After a shared moment between two men, I feel that unpleasant sensation again.

A disturbance in the force as Yorkie would put it.

Yes, a malevolent force is approaching. The deepest, darkest, disgraced depths of humanity. A tidal wave of chaos. The omega to the alpha. The end of days. The worst person in existence, not even my worst ex’s comparing to the spiteful entitled little terror.

“Nomikata-Chan.”

“Rin…” The great tsundere herself. I don’t bother with honorifics or even place value on the family name. “You’ve aged.”

“Like a fine wine I am certain.” she replies.

I scoff.

“More like spoiled milk.”

“Sticks and stones, Nomikata.”

“Why are you describing your final meal to me?”

It’s been three years since that incident at that damned masquerade ball but seeing her again makes me realise it could have easily been thirty. I can feel the malevolence and distaste from her emanating like a bad odour, though her sneer and eye twitching would give that off alone. Honestly I do not attempt to hide my own mutual contempt.

Shirou tries to cough to break the tension but it just intensifies it.

“So, you both seem happy. Good to see we can all be friends and get along like emotionally mature adults.”

“Please do not speak for me!” Rin and I state in unison.

“Don’t talk to him like that!” we say again.

Rin tilts her head up as if to try and look down on me and sneers again like she is the one in the right. “Why are you causing chaos in my domain and spouting your street walking seductions as my student?”
    “Firstly, Grail War got started and a manic twelve year old tore up your house defences, do not blame me for your own incompetence. Second? Pardon me madam, I did not know Seigi was your property. I can talk to a beautiful woman or a handsome man without wanting to sleep with them.

“How many lovers did you bring here? That garbage excuse for a runemaster and the tall woman?”

I smile.

“Two, all three of us are on equal footing however.”

Rin pauses again.

“What did you say about my house being destroyed?”

I take the opportunity to pull out the jewelled knife and use it to pick at my teeth. I do not know how powerful it is or how many generations the Tohsaka family had been working on it… but it’ll piss her off. I am going to be ungentlemanly and allow myself to be a charlatan just this once.

Her face turns scarlet to crimson, burgundy then a deep purple.

I take the opportunity to smile before tossing it at her to catch.

The look of indignation on her face… words cannot do it justice. I will pay for this in karma and she will make my life a misery should I survive this day… but after than ball I consider us somewhat even now.

Shirou looks at me with confusion though.

“... You think I’m handsome?”

I laugh, does he not know?

“My good man, you are not my type as I have terrible taste but even objectively you’re ridge cut wagyu beef among men, have a good heart and everyone enjoys your company.”

Before Rin rightly stabs me to death I hear footsteps. The cavalry has arrived.

The first to speak is Reiner. His expression is disingenuous and is doing many exaggerated arm motions, I have spent more than enough time to know when he is being deceitful, or at least overly dramatic. “Seigi? After burying the hatchet with me are you already manipulating someone else into becoming your rival?! I am hurt! I thought what we had was special…”

He’s almost cute when he pouts. Almost.

Yorkie however gives him a consoling pat on the back.

“You thought you were Vegeta but you ended up being Piccolo. We’ve all been there.”

Reiner and I share a slight look of confusion, between the two of us I think we both understood most of what she said. Maybe.

[BGM]

However I do not get to indulge in the moment when everything begins to shake, the ground, the building, everything.

Utterly dismayed, Rin spins around on me, assuming that this must clearly be my fault. “What is happening to me city.”

“I am hazarding a guess,” Risa says nonchalantly, “That the bad guys have activated their final plan.”

“So, the peasants father has activated his grail?” Reiner bites his lip before rising to a more imposing, magus-like posture and presence. “Illogical, even if he ordered the death of every servant under his sway, I still have my Rider assigned to myself.”

“So what could it be?” Corrin points out.

Yorkie’s eyes widened. “Either the grail is compromised or a non issue.”

If it’s damaged then that means…

I look at Shirou, his eyes wide in abject horror.

“Irisveil… Illya…” he mutters to no one in particular, so naturally everyone takes heed, “Whatever you’re doing, you need to do it now. If that man activates the holy corpses… the entire city and every sleeping spirit here is going to die within a few hours.”

Rin likewise sharpened up.

“You boy, explain now.”

I click my neck.

“The Ryūdō Temple is likely where the Grail will manifest. Defended by an alliance of the master of Caster as well as the master of Lancer Archer and Assassin. The latter, Morgan has a god within them and aptitude for a divine spirit. They will likely be a greater opponent than the other master and three servants. Likely connected to the underworld of sorts.”

Rin does not seem scared. Has she battled beings of such power before? “That’s good. If it is known then its mystery is not infallible, every legend has an end and can be exploited.”

Risa stands to attention, radiating a power and presence that surpasses Reiners and her energy is of that no one of her stature should be. “Their mystery resonated with my own. The deity is likely a Greco-Roman of classical antiquity. Likely Persephone or Hades.”

“Good, you have a plan to take them out?”

“A dozen, only one would work and it’s slim.”

“And what can you tell me of the other servants?”

Corrin leens in, having almost melded into the shadow. “Morgan is also Assassin - specifically of the order of Hassan, from the observations of Saber’s late master. They use a class card to transform. It acts as a power seal of the divine and practically becomes one with the World and becomes undetectable. It is likely that their escape plan as an Assassin is only useful when you do not see them coming.”

Shirou however just sighs. “Damn class cards.”

I begin to speak once more.

“Caster is a rune master but prefers to fight as a warrior than with spells. I do however struggle to recall certain-”

“Their identity cannot be remembered or spoken. I have never met Caster but can recall such a figure from Irish mythology.”

Ah yes, a certain spearman had an enemy who was his equal and forced to use his ultimate killing technique. Only to find out that… damn why can’t I actualise it. The thoughts are there but I cannot order them. It's like a curse or a… geis like mine.

I get it.

I know who Caster is. Son of the Hound, even though I cannot speak your name I see you.

Shirou crosses his arms firmly. He seems to almost take my side and have the same actions as me… this person was once in my shoes. The kinda guy York would call a protagonist a couple of years back.

“Good, I’m getting it. What about Archer and Lancer.”

“I used to work with Archer before my Heel-Face turn.” York pops up. “He’s a chill dude, apparently a founder king but honestly he’d rather relax. He only took out one titanlike foe but by his own admission he doesn’t think he’s hero material, less of a hold the line kind of warrior and generally prefers to get the job done and go home.”

Titan… king…

I got an idea.

“So, who is Lancer.” Shirou concludes.

I swallow a lump in my throat.

“Her name is Yamato Takeru. She is my friend, she is making it out if this - I owe her that much at least.”

Out of the corner of my vision, I could almost swear Rin seems to roll her eyes with an unexpected callousness. I don’t like that at all. I don’t trust that at all. That couldn't have been my imagination, right? This is my problem, I have to be the one to fix things. I cannot allow things to get worse. “However, Takeru is one who can battle gods, Morgan seeks the power of the gods so has taken the person who is the sure-fire way to defeat them away.”

She thought of herself as a weapon, she learned to hate herself because she thought she was not a human. She learned to forgive herself and love again only to be made a weapon.

Takeru is…

If it means diving into hell itself I will save you. I swear on my soul, no one will ever hurt you again.

Choice Time!

Ok, time to shamelessly rip off ConQuest and Fimbulwinter who have all done this better than me. The following characters with a point total, noting their effectiveness against their foe as well as their specialty.
    Choice Time!

• Seigi Nomikata (2) - Melee DPS
    • Risa Cadmus Yggmillenia (5) - Control
    • Yorkie Lancaster (3) - Control
    • Reiner Corvella (2) - Tank
    • Corrin Charisk (1) - Melee DPS
    • Shirou Emiya (2) - Ranged DPS
    • Rin Tohsaka (3) - Tank

You have TEN (10) to assemble a party to defeat Raid Boss: Morgan. Unspent points are lost.

The remaining party will do one of the following, please decide:

1. Attempt to defeat all other servants
    2. Attempt to defeat the Master of Caster, Atsusui
    3. Attempt to rescue Yamato Takeru from Morgan’s control
    4. Remain in reserve as emergency backup and do nothing
    5. Retreat to the church where Hiro and Kiritsugu should have battled.
    6. Write in!

Bonus: Attempt to identify Archer. Bonus conditions will be provided if guessed correctly.

Questmasters note: The profile of Caster has been updated. I also need to update the NPC file, and probably the OP as well.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Rin, Shirou, and Risa vs Morgan.

I think they can do it. Shirou and Rin probably work really well together as a team, and with someone as powerful as Risa supporting them and corralling Morgan, they should be able to get a win. Rin and Shirou have the same effectiveness values as Seigi and York, after all.

As for the rest.... 3. Seigi and the others should save Lancer. He promised. I want to see Seigi and Lancer together again, even if just for a little while. That's the story I want to see.

Also, I think that Hiro wants Seigi to fight Morgan, because it might force Seigi to tap into more Root Power. I want to avoid that if we can. I also don't like not going to save Lancer right away, because if we don't, there is a chance that someone else (coughcough HIRO) might get to her and force her into another contract before we can.
    Last edited by Lunasilverhart; March 19th, 2022 at 12:05 AM. Reason: formatting fuckup and added reasoning

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunasilverhart View Post
    Rin, Shirou, and Risa vs Morgan. I think they can do it. Shirou and Rin probably work really well together as a team, and with someone as powerful as Risa supporting them and corralling Morgan, they should be able to squeak out a win.

As for the rest.... 3. Seigi and the others should save Lancer. He promised. I want to see Seigi and Lancer together again, even if just for a little while.
    +1

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Blog Entries
    Party to fight Morgan:
    Seigi, Risa, and Rin

Everyone else:
    6. Hold off the other Servants and buy time until Morgan is defeated (with the intention of saving Lancer once Morgan is defeated)
    Last edited by zikari8; March 27th, 2022 at 09:12 AM.

+1 Zikari for the vote.

I do agree in principle than sending Seigi to save Lancer would be a really cool and romantic moment but... We just picked Heracles as an aspect for Seigi so he could be more prepared to confront Morgan so it feels like going off-road by sending him tonot do that already. And besides it's not like Seigi have a Rule Breaker in his pockets or Lancer would spontaneously develop a new ability to undo her contracts because of the power of love. If anything and considering Lancer is going through her own version of the Saber Alter scenario, it feels like paving the way for a mutual kill between the two because Seigi won't dare to harm Lancer and she is under compulsion to be deadly.

The one way to save Lancer here is to kill Morgan so their contract would be broken and Seigi has the motivation and (hopefully) the right skillset to do the job. And he (and Risa and Rin) need to do this without being sniped from a distance by Hiro's various allies/minions so, it's time to let everyone else have a chance to do a Gandalf moment against the enemy faction. :P

For the guess I am supporting instead HTM's Nimrod/Ninus.
    Last edited by King Prussia; March 27th, 2022 at 08:22 AM.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zikari8 View Post
    Party to fight Morgan:
    Seigi, Risa, and Rin

Everyone else:
    6. Hold off the other Servants and buy time until Morgan is defeated (with the intention of saving Lancer once Morgan is defeated)

Bonus:
    Archer's True Name is Odysseus, the man of twist and turns.
    +1 to Zikari’s vote.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    +1 to Zikari's vote

But I do not guess anyone.
    Last edited by Spartacus; March 27th, 2022 at 03:00 AM.

Evil of Humanity Half-Blood Master's Avatar
    +1 to Zikari´s vote, but with a different vote for the guess

My theory is that Archer's True Name is Nimrod, with some elements from Ninus, Semiramis' second husband, with whom he is identified

According to the clues we have:
    • Founding king: Nimrod was credited with fouding several cities, including Nineveh. Ninus is called the founder of Nineveh as well and it's one of the points raised to identify him with Nimrod.
    • Mesopotamia: self explanatory, both natives to the area, said to be kings of Assyria even though not appearing in the historical record.
    • Walking the Road of Babylon: putting this as a separate point because of the lore implications aside from the geographical location, since Road of Babylon is not simply an expression but also the only name we have for an imitation of Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon, even if we don't know its details. Babel is said to be shorthand for Babylon and the tower of Babel is commonly identified with Ziggurats. Thus Nimrod could be said to be emulating Gilgamesh's legendary Uruk, gathering peoples in defiance of god instead of treasures, and trying to reach the divine realm. Remarkably, the Road of Babylon was one of the benefits we could have chosen from Root Access.
    • Green palette: No seriously. Nimrod was said to have inherited the indestructible clothing of Adam from his father, which was said to be woven from the leaves of the plants of the garden, explaining the prominence of the color in the FC.
    • Giant Beast Hunter: For all there's the well known phrase of him being a mighty hunter before the Lord, there isn't much easily accessible anecdotes about him actually doing hunting, let along giant ones, though Saint Augustine does refer to him as an "oppressor of earth born creatures" and it's not a farfetched speculation.
    • Scumbag personality, especially related to women: Here's where Ninus does a lot of the heavy lifting lmao. Archer is a jerk. There's no way around it, he's a jerk. The characters say he is, the narrative treats him as such, and he's kinda sleazy and brutal over all. Arguably, I'd say he's too petty of a jerk to actually fit the arrogant king who looked down on Abraham and compared himself to God, but he does fit Ninus, a guy that tried to trade his daughters for another man's wife and then pushed him, one of his trusted generals, into suicide to get her.

The lazyness does stand out where Nimrod is concerned, as an arrogant stubborn asshole, but as a personality trait, it wouldn't be far fetched for it to be a reinterpretation of the character *after* his legend came to pass, and considering his greatest work was ruined by the very people he gathered to build it, and then he either ended up poisoned by his wife as Ninus or robbed by his enemy's grandson, well that would be humbling/depressing.

The clairvoyance is a definite outlier, as I don't believe Nimrod is credited with any "miracle shots", but I am welcome to being corrected on that matter as Jewish mythology isn't my forte.

Aside from the textual examples, I believe there are great parallels between Nimrod and Archer's original Master, Lazlow Grimmlow. Both are extremely arrogant individuals who were bestowed great gifts both innate and from their forebearers, who look down on righteous people and oppress them and seek to destroy them with their might, and who faced ultimate defeat in the face of the transcendent, which not only affected them, but also caused the irreparable loss of a valuable "property" of reality that many people relied on (unified language for Nimrod, Card Magecraft for Lazlow)

Ironically, my second pick for the guess would be Hayk, the founding hero of the Armenian people, who is actually famous for defeating a king believed to be Nimrod in battle. He definitely fits both the miracle shot reference and the giant killing annecdote (both by killing Nimrod), as well as Archer's appearance but... he's too kind! Too classically good and cool! Archer is far too cynical to fit him imo, and he doesn't quite fit the road of babylon reference. I admit I did stretch the characterization with my *for* option but I think making the Lawful Good cultural hero of the Armenians a jerk would be A Choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, July 20th 2019
    We gave HBM, of all people, access to a morals loosening field
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, December 25th 2019
    Senta deserves the right to a life where she gets to choose if she's actually a Nazi
    True Rider
    A wise and beautiful woman who exudes an aura of grace. She is a sly, cunning, manipulative person who always gets what she wants, whether through trickery or ruthlessness. Her own fighting abilities are low, but she should not be trifled with. What does she ride? Men, of course!

Blog Entries
    My guess for Archer's True Name is Hayk, the founding hero of Armenia.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Red light fills the mountaintop. Awaiting are Four Heavenly Kings.

However even after all this time, even deities can feel tiresome.

“They’re taking their time, what are they gonna do, sneak in again?” asks a bemused Archer, laying atop the roof and picking his teeth with an arrow.

Morgan grits their teeth.

“No, that's how they got here last time. The only entrance that isn’t sealed is the front. Are they stupid enough to charge in against a magician, two servants and a god?”

“Ahahaha!”

Snapping around to where Caster was, leaning against a pillar, Morgan turned on the youthful warrior at a moment.

“And what do you find so amusing, boy?”

Caster shrugged. “You know what they say when all you have is a hammer? Say what you will about the woman in pink and her compatriots, they are very good at punching people in the face and getting back up when punched. If anything I expect-”

And with that - the gateway exploded.

Seigi Nomikata
    Ryuudou Temple

Character Status

Health: Poor
    Mana: Poor

[BGM]

Walking through the remains of the entrance, the three of us take point. Risa in the middle, Rin on the left and myself on our collective right. She has a plan, like she does for everything - time to follow through!

“Morgan is our target.” Risa reminds the two of us. “Everyone else will hold off the others. Seigi charges and terrifies them, I disorient them. Rin protects us and we support her, if she goes down - we all go down. I will then restrain Morgan and Seigi purifies, ridding Morgan of their connection to servants; Archer, Assassin and Lancer. Afterwards, we ensure Lancer’s safety.”

-This is the final moment, going through the night we have made our final destination. There is a quiet resolve in her voice that is truly admiral but still, I cannot help but note the tension. I feel the same way.

…The mountain feels like one big living thing. The wind coming down from the mountain gate is warm, and the shaking trees seem like breathing lungs. Chills and pressure assail me every time I take a step. No, the air really is thick and humid. The mana alone is making the air dense, is this Morgan’s presence alone?

No time to run, people I love depend on me. All I can do is lower myself into a stance.

“Yes.”

Rin, likewise gets into a kenpou stance, a cool bead of sweat betrays her otherwise empty expression. “Begin.”

The ground explodes beneath me as I push off in a great single bound at breakneck speed!

“Nigredo!”

My blow does not even connect; before we can both blink, I feel the back of their hand slide into my face.

I do not feel the impact as I go flying from the middle of the courtyard into the well but the weight of the rubble atop my frame weighs me down.

“That was just plain disrespectful.”

From their position, standing in the courtyard centre where I was rudely backhanded, Morgan disappears and in an instant reveals themself behind Rin, primed to strike at her unprotected back!

“Ein Spiegelschleier!”

As a fist swings towards Rin in a blink, a translucent crystalline dome shimmering like diamonds envelops both Risa and Rin.

But,

It’s not enough.

The sphere shatters like glass, shredding into the environment as if it actually were made of diamonds. Despite not even being hit, the shockwave of the impact alone sends Rin flying into an adjacent wall. There was considerably more power put into that strike than what was dealt to me, if not for the barrier Rin would have been impaled.

I heave off the rubble and stumble onwards toward our foe.

Risa however is unperturbed, sparks waver in her palm, a golden bead of light manifests in her open mouth and glowing red tattoos begin to manifest on her arm - like chains of divinity.

“Pnoí tou Ladon!”

A massive blaze of volcanic flame and ash, dragonfire, spews out from a phantasmal gaping maw. I close my eyes and avert my gaze from the eruption against the fiery blast that roars as a result. Opening my eyes, I see a crater with Risa looking like the immaculate goddess of fire she is while Morgan looks visibly grazed.

Even if it’s just ash, the image of the invincible Persephone is impermanent.

Wiseup!

Ladon, the golden dragon and guardian of the Garden of the Hesperides.

A massive blaze mimicking the breath of a Dragon and the scene of it turning a king or his city to ash. The power of the flame increases proportionally to the CON stat of its caster. In addition to all the previous effects, this spell has a [Dragon Breath] property that lets it copy the mechanics of the Dragon Breath which scales in strength depending on the dragon's constitution value.

Looking down on Morgan, Risa’s frame slumps.

“That’s all? damn.”

That was powerful… very powerful, almost akin to a millennia of history that would make the lords of the Clock Tower take note. How does she look disappointed with herself?

“Well then let’s continue,” she continues, shaking the self-doubt away and glaring down in contempt. “Gods exist to be surpassed by the mortals that once worshipped them after all”.

…She’s so damn cool.

With a snap of her fingertips, red storm clouds coalesce and warp with magical energy, and a bolt of lightning arcs down from the sky. The wicked thunderbolt drops down with the force of a bomb, knocking me down before I reach Risa.

A crackle, a pop, and I see the bolt has caught Morgan, igniting them and leaving Morgan wreathed in flame.

Either Risa has been leagues more powerful than me this whole time, her magecraft is designed to wrestle with divine spirits, or she is simply resonating with beings of classical antiquity.

And Morgan roars.

“You dare use Zeus’ Thunder upon me little girl?!”

As I resume running back, I see one of Morgan’s eyes are red and the other is golden, one arm is wreathed in that sickening golden radiance, the underworld Melam. The light extends into what appears to be… no, it is a blade-shaped planar rift, nine of them lashing out.

“False Nine Lives - Kore”

Nine Lives, the technique used to slay the immortal hydra, the method of combat devised by the great hero of Greek mythology Heracles. A high speed attack consisting of nine consecutive strikes, as swift as if the attacks are overlapping, the great Heracles ventured into the underworld… I have no idea of the reasoning Morgan is able to use this.

Cocked like a shotgun, the dimensional blades all swing to leave nothing in their wake-

“-No, Risa!”

“Set, Time Alter, Double Accel.”

At super speed, Risa evades and the tome she always carries glows with light.

Time Alter

Innate Time Control - The magecraft of the Emiya family, the ability to separate the passage of time inside a designated space from the "flow of time" in the outside world. It is classified as High-Thaumaturgy in the form of a Bounded Field.

It speeds up the blood flow, hemoglobin metabolism, and muscle movement all at the same time. Using this brief burst of speed, one can use their own physical skills and reaction speed at a level far above human limitations.

It appears to have been recorded in Risa’s tome, allowing her to use it like a Magic Crest to use the spell.

High-Thaumaturgy being used to evade divine wrath.

Risa is now next to be, her brow sweaty, face red and gasping for air… all that power must come at a cost.

“You’ve done beautifully my darling, now let me help you.” I say before taking my place as her shield.

“Not alone Nomikata!”

I’m so determined to punch Morgan, I did not notice Rin is beside me.

“Nigredo!”

“Gandr Einschlag!”

Morgan turns to us, folds their arms and clicks their neck.

Our bodies flow like coursing rivers.

Punch, kick, grapple, swing, strike, the two of us assail Morgan who simply sways to the left and right, dodging and weaving, swinging like a pendulum - dodging every blow while not moving from the spot they have planted their feet.

This arsehole is really starting to piss me off.

As I deliver one final swing, Morgan ducks and snatches Rin’s ankle. Swinging her at me, I twist on the spot and I catch her petite but strong frame.

“Urgh!”

The wind is still knocked out of me as I slide back. Rin however looks rather indignant.

“Watch where your hands are!”

“Oh, pardon me!”

I gently put her and dust off my hands.

“S-sorry about that, I didn’t touch-”

“No! But still you aren’t Shirou.”

“Fair play.”

I punch my fists together before swinging down onto the ground and release my spell that is my soul.

Light cracking around my hands and arms like sparks infuse into the ground as it shatters and follows forward like a controlled shockwave.

Morgan looks down with their haughtiness.

“Is that supposed to hurt me? I truly should step onto higher footing, being on the same ground as those beneath me is infuriating.”

No, it’s not.

The ground underneath Morgan explodes, their footing and connection is gone. And Risa takes the opportunity.

“Achilléas Theé tachýtita”

Godspeed. And with it, I see Rin’s body buzz and vibrate, as if she cannot contain all the kinetic energy within herself.

And in one glorious instant, she strikes forward and delivers a powerful blow to Morgan’s side. Rin has the lineage and speed - any other foe and that would have been a crippling strike, here it was just a shoulder check. In a fluid motion, Rin grapples our disabled foe and flips them over her shoulder.

“All yours Nomikata!”

“Perfect as always, Tohsaka.”

I charge again as I always do, dragging a fist on the ground. Opening my magic circuits open so wide that the circuits should be bleeding out, embracing the pain to the point where it becomes pleasant, the pain of battle…

It’s euphoria!

“Shin-!”

I swing my fist, delivering an uppercut right into Morgan’s gut. I don’t look at their expressions, their bullshit reasons for doing what they do. A fight is about who is standing at the end, nothing else!

So I swing a second fist to the head and give it everything I have.

“-Nigredo!”

Breaking out into a cold sweat, I drop to my knees. That had to be at least a gigajoule of impact, a quarter ton of TNT. Enough to blow up a small building or instantly incinerate a human…

But…

No.

Dear god, no.

Why?

Why are they still standing there?!

Morgan glares at me with nothing less than pure killing intent.

“That could kill a lesser foe, possibly even a servant… but I am no mortal. I am Morgan-Persephone AND I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!”

A torrent of wind buffets us all and Morgan is gone, we look up and see the moon shining brightly, a little large but… No, there's something even lighter…

Morgan disappears in the light of a celestial object before…

A comet sweeps down.

Even after it becomes an arrow of light, Morgan still pushes their divine Melam.

There is only one target. They will destroy the entire city enemy along with us!

It is truly divine lightning, the almighty strike that Risa delivered to Morgan was a mockery of this.

We’re gonna die.

We are gonna fucking die.

“Hehe.”

I hear a chuckle, Aoi, is that you?

I feel Rin’s hands upon my shoulder as she surpasses me.

“Come on Nomikata, grit those teeth.”

She raises her hand in front.

One - Fire

Two - Earth

Three - Water

Four - Wind

Five - Void

Five gemstones the size of grapefruits appear circling Rin’s hand, rotating in perfect concentric circles.

Brennender Himmel
    "Think upon the Burning Heavens”
    [/COLOR]

Ich kenne den Kreis
    "That would be as a ring;
    Die Blumen beschützen michthe
    Flower doth protect me
    ;
    Der Wächter des alten Schlosses ist unerschütterlich
    the guardian of the ancient castle is unshakeable.”

Eine Blume blüht in meinen Händenthe
    "Flower doth bloom by mine hand”
    ;
    Aias der Telamonier!
    in the name of Aias"

Rho Aias: The Five Rings that Cover the Burning Heavens

With a six-verse incantation, these stones take the form of a sakura flower with five petals.

The shield of No Loss…

The lightning bolts of Olympus crash into the shield.

Divine punishment that penetrates every wall and outmanoeuvred any evasion. That thunderbolt has stopped. Radiating a storm of heat that should evaporate us all but held back by one woman, the divine lance stopped by Rin’s "Noble Phantasm". The five sakura flower petals appear from empty space and shield us from the holy ballista!

This shield is Aias. The only shield said to have repelled the javelin of the great hero in the Trojan War. I know this legend. It is a boundary field Noble Phantasm that is said to be invincible against projectile weapons.

But.

It drills through the first layer like nothing.

Soon the fourth petal is destroyed, the fifth and final one remains.

"Nu - Nuaaaaaaaaaaaaaa……!!!!"

“With the spirit of a true magus, Rin puts everything into this shield.

[BGM OFF]

After landing, Morgan glares at us. Rin has wounds all over her body.

“That spell cost me a whole year of financial savings…”

I audibly blink. That was the power of the king of Olympus, Rin has done what countless heroes of legend failed to do and she’s complaining about money?! But anyways, there are more important matters.

“That was a Sakura flower… I thought you and your sister were not currently on speaking terms?”

“Idiot! There is much you presume about me, and much you do not know at all. Now you have a chance to save Lancer, she was your lover, correct?”

“I thought you didn’t care…”

“People are not tools, they deserve respect in that regard.” she says “Just how angry are you at the world that it clouds every decision you make.”

“...Fuck you for being right Tohsaka.”

“You couldn’t afford me.”

Considering Rin just blocked what seemed to be a high power blast from a true divinity… I might not be able to. But I have other people in my life who I love more than life itself.

The smile on her face vanishes, as she sees something I don’t.

“IDIOT!”

I blink and I feel her hand shove me back and a red streak cuts across her.

“...Rin?”

Her limp body drops to the floor.

“How many are going to have to suffer and die for you… little brother.

There it is again, that ever-present feeling.

Foolishness.

Power is everything, without it you cannot protect anyone.

Power….

Give me more!!!

A storm of power circles around me as he unleashes my full power. Our rage shows an utter lack of fear.

Seigi Nomikata
    Character Status

Health: Poor > Good
    Mana: Poor >Good

Morgan laughs.

“I see you have gained power, trying to usurp my place as heir to our father?”

“I don’t have a father, I just think you’re a disgrace. That’s all.”

I feel a rage, a quiet rage. Is it from a self-made hypocrite? A protector too weak to protect anyone? The burning fire of what a gentleman should be, not what I have been told it should be?

I inhale through my nose and walk up to…

And past Morgan, instead walking over to Rin and dropping to my knee.

“Albedo, Xanthosis, Rubedo.”

I take my time; purification, transmutation and actualisation… destruction is only the first step of the alchemical magnum opus.

Removed of all impurities, the minor wounds all stitch themselves together while a major cut across the stomach reveals the organs beneath… slowly but surely I pull material from the environment, debris and alike around to fill the hole in Rin’s body and convert it into organic material - identical to what she lost. A transplant identical to the original body to negate spiritual rejection.

Risa runs up and slides to her knees. Panic is in her eyes, knees weak, brow sweating, she’s used a lot of magical energy in this battle.

“I’ll stabilise her, I'll take Morgan down but you need to draw all the divinity out.”

“... You know you’re the only reason I’m alive right now?”

“Rin has pulled more than her fair share in this fight.”

“That’s not what I’m talking about… you know I love you right?”

She smiles.

“I know.”

And with that smile behind me, I can topple a god.

Morgan and I approach.

“Oh, you’re approaching me? Instead of running away you’re coming right to me?”

“I can’t beat the shit out of you without getting closer.”

With a snap of their fingers, that oversized, hideous sword appears in their hands. In a giant almighty arc, the giant blade swings down!

I clap my hands together, and my legs buckle immediately as I catch the weight of the sword.

“What-?!”

Morgan retaliates to this slight as I heave the great blade upward with an open palm strike, I raise my elbow and drive it right into the knuckles.

And I swing at them-!

The first strike to the throat! A simple sway is all it takes to evade, a second to the jaw, like a pendulum they evade. Third, I increase my intrinsic speed and strike once more, exchanging power and strength for quickness.

“Nigredo!”

A glancing blow on the cheek leaving a small cut. With that, blood.

“?!”

And I strike them again, right in their stupid face, each blow releases an explosion of destructive magical energy. I strike them with godspeed. Again. And again.

And again.

Bone, blood, flesh, all are flayed under Nigredo. Each blow hit with the force that would level buildings, the earth cracks. The seismic energy threatens to tear the building apart. In one moment Morgan suddenly jerks back, preparing to swing that blade.

That blade is death, a single impact will bisect me. Just like the battle Aoi had against that boy.

My head twitches.

And we chuckle.

“Ok you’re strong, but are you fast enough?”

“Grrr… Why won’t you die? That does it.”

[BGM]

The world sings out.

The planet crumbles and quakes, a divine wind courses through to herald the arrival.

Machine God Avatar: Morgan-Persephone
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; May 4th, 2022 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Formating collapsed

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Fortress of Millennia
    Trifas, Romania

The Fortress of Millennia is, or rather was the headquarters of the Yggdmillennia magus clan. Days before the dawn of the Great Holy Grail War, the mighty castle still stood.

Risa Cadmus Yggdmillenia walks through the stairs of the palace to the main hall.

Eyes up, back straight, maintain poise, stride with purpose, be perfect.

To be a magus was to divorce yourself from humanity and control your emotions, lest they get the better of you, or worse, your enemies pry a weakness. Although her face betrayed no emotion, Risa was terrified.

She is not escorted, the dozens of homunculi were either serving as an external foot guard, were reduced to nothing more than batteries or essentially tortured to death by Celenike. Risa had been judged not worth the required resources to be spared. That was enough of a condemnation already.

As the doors opened, Risa walked into a large hall, a needlessly large hall. Adorned with regalia and a throne at the end, a literal throne fit for a tyrant. All to feed the egomania of one Darnic Prestone Yggdmillennia slouching like the despot he was.

Risa has been confronted by Darnic, she’s been brought to the main hall with Darnic in his throne.

“We of the Yggdmillennia will acquire all the mysteries and miracles of this world!” The elderly magus smirked before raising a hand to salute himself before lowering his gaze toward the teenager before him, almost but not quite frowning. “Girl. You stand accused of attempting to summon a servant of your own. Some would consider this treason.”

How messed up was it, Risa thought, that all her life she wanted to prove herself to this man.

Risa remains the perfect picture of stillness, staring at her master's feet. She knew better than to look him in the eyes. She kept her hands tight and balled behind her.

“My lord,” Risa spoke, swallowing balled up spit and ignoring the beads of sweat beginning to form at the base of her neck. “The mysteries of my forefathers precede even Ancient Greece which surpass one of our anticipated Ghost Liners. The Phoenican alphabet served as the foundation for the original Greek script. As a Carrier of the Letter myself and my forefather’s craft are the foundation for all of that mystery. The Great Cadmus slew the Divine Dragon of Ares even and was the first mortal to challenge the authority of Zeus, our calibur is inherently Anti-Divine and made for challenging things infinitely greater than ourselves. In this Age of Man, mystery has diminished to the point where my household has had to collect the spells of others and carry their letter while I preserve the foundations of the great palace that is Mediterranean mystery.

Risa paused, a terror had suddenly stabbed her in the heart. She couldn’t move, she couldn’t even breathe. Her legs wobbled and threatened to buckle.

In her need to prove her worth she had committed the cardinal sin of a magus. Letting slip secrets of her magecraft.

“My dead, stupid child,” said Darnic, glaring with now open contempt yet smiling as he did, he was enjoying this. “If you are foolish to reveal secrets that should never be spoken allowed, what make you think you are - or have ever been anything more - than a liability?”

He outreached his hand and before Risa could react, before her heart could even beat a sudden otherworldly pressure pulled on her as what she had tried to hide in her hand was telekinetically wretched out of her grasp.

“Ah, this must have been the catalyst. A phoenix feather from Thebes. This must have cost every coin in possession of your family.”

Risa screamed as Darnic destroyed the relic from the Age of Gods in his hand.

“You were not made to bring the gods to heel, you are an ill-made wretch and were created to serve Yggdmillennia. I have entertained your desire for power but you shall never supplant me.”

Now

Three years later in another war, Risa watches two gods clash in the sky.

Knowing this is the only time her magecraft will ever function at full power.

“Win Seigi, win.”

[BGM]

Status

Health: Poor>Good
    Mana:Poor>Good

Seigi Nomikata: Akashic Anchor vs Morgan-Persephone, Machine God Terminal: Auxiliary Spirit-Ether Cultivation System Persephone
    Final Round

Morgan’s physical form is already undergoing a form of mutation. As a vessel of divine authority, their physical body has now literally swollen and grown in order to house the physical strain. Is the physical divine core of a Divine Spirit within their body? Either way, they’re at least 10ft tall and their mass has magnified as well…

Is there a physical divine core in there? Either way they’re now at least 10ft tall, who knows how big they’ll grow again. Perhaps they’ll just keep growing and growing indefinitely…

The two of us stare at each other as we approach slowly. Call it combat meditation, analysis, insight, I call it a silent rage and allowing the primal instincts within each human to rise up.

I jump into the air and swing a fist with pure strength. Morgan raises a hand and catches it in their palm, our hands collide with a sonic boom, the wind rush blowing through our hair and the crumple of debris behind us. Somewhere, the temple tumbles to the ground.

It barely registers as a proud smile stretches across Morgan’s face. It feels too wide, unnatural, wrong.

“It appears you are catching up. How does it feel approaching godhood?”

“Feh, I’ve always been surrounded by beings of power that I shall never surpass in my life at Clock Tower, but this feeling? It’s incredible.”

“Ara? I see, it is taking you time to realise what you can do with it.”

The surging power rushes up to meet me and I elevate away from the ground from my point in mid-air and my pseudo-sibling rises in turn. Flying? No, Morgan’s power is pushing against the planet’s magnetic field and I experience the same phenomenon in this range.

Slowly but surely we rise above the newly destroyed temple, above the skyline. The only ones in the sky are us as we look down on the rest of the world. My position, my power? I’m above everyone.

Morgan attacks, their arms flowing free live weaves of light, I tap to the element of sanguine and feel the flow, even if Morgan were to move at light speed the sanguine commands movement, as long as I maintain contact I move in advance, parry in advance.

The dance is interrupted as Morgan swings their head forward with a skull bash. My nose explodes in a cacophony of blood and the impact knocks me flying-!

I sway my body from left to right - not flying but rather a guided fall. Ducking and weaving avoids the bashing of the forest against me, woodland and concrete alike before I twist my body in the air like an olympic diver and unleash a blast of elemental air through my veins toward the ground and I fling myself skyward again!

Slowly but surely my arc stabilises as Morgan flies toward me as I am pulled into their gravitational pull. They still smile with that unnatural wrong smile

“Now you’re getting it.”

I could say something smart, like one of those stupid quips from a poorly written comic book movie, granted I say many stupid things but honestly? After all the rush, am I… No, I'm still struggling just as I always have. “Eh. Not that special on introspection”

“Becoming a deity is underwhelming?” Morgan’s face twitches. “I beg your pardon but care to fucking explain?”

Morgan seemingly has sacrificed a lot for this state, my disdain for it is an insult clearly.

“A level of power I will never be able to achieve on my own? A power that came at a horrendous cost? If you want to settle then fine but truthfully I find this state beneath me.”

I duck, I weave, I punch, kick, the feeling of your younger brother reaching out, the heavy fist of the elder, our blows meet in turn, we accept each strike and retaliate in turn. Like meatheads we do not back down.

We strike.

We clash.

My body does not break.

We clash and the world shakes.

Buildings shake.

I shake.

With fear.

Anticipation.

Excitement.

Motivation.

However as we exchange in a conversation of violence, Morgan glares at me with nothing but contempt. Not the hate of an otherworldly god beyond mortal comprehension but a very human hate, they want me to understand why I deserve this.

“So you hate your strength because it is not yours? Do you hate the love and support of your friends and family, too, because it's not power gained on your own? Does their love diminish you somehow?”

A bold accusation, and is that… jealousy? Just a twinge but a very human emotion.

But of course they are. Everything Morgan has done for this power and I have attained a similar state by virtue of existing. They didn’t have to worry about position as they’re still the stronger of us too but we could have at least bonded over how good the power feels?

They didn’t know how to but they tried an olive branch of sorts. For a moment I felt the power, saw how drunk I could get off it. And I spat it out.

I rejected the power, rejected the connection I could have built with them.

I see what happened to them… but it’s not an excuse for everything they’ve done. To me, to Lancer… Well, as much as I can also dabble in being a petty bitch I do not do this for the sake of cruelty. I need to push further. If I can understand Morgan I can win.

“Is that what happened to you? You said you fought for someone you loved, well where are they? So where are the people you love? Did you throw them all away for Hiro?”

I lean into it further. Look at me thinking myself higher, how ungrateful I must look in Morgan’s eyes.

“NO!”

Morgan’s eyes widen, an aura of electricity manifests and bolts of lightning cry to life. The authority of Zeus… understandable, Persephone was a daughter of a Sky Father after all.

They strike with Godspeed and even with all my newfound power, I am struck in the chest and in a moment of extreme pain I lose all control of my muscles and am smited downward.

Falling toward the docks, I cannot fly like Morgan as the wind rushes up to crush the life out of me, all I can do is guide my fall-

“Shin Nigredo!”

The earth splits, the ocean splits

I fall and spin and slowly cease as I am caught in Morgan’s field once more…

They flew faster than they struck me-

As we float in this parted ocean, the two of us rotate. I can feel the tension winding up and close to snapping. It’s clear Morgan is still leagues stronger than I but…

Was it what I said? Are they that unstable?

…Time to be an uncivilised little bugger

Morgan and Seigi spin and rotate as the tension grows.

“Who is it that you love dear step-sibling of mine?” I declare loudly, it is not the question that is the point as I roar to an non-existent crowd and swing my arms around like a second-rate actor on a soap opera “You have a brother or sister of blood you fight for at home? A lover? You couldn’t have loved them that much, you’ve abandoned everything to be our fathers lapdog. Why would you abandon them? You threw them away for our father… wait, I get it. You didn’t abandon them, they abandoned you. No wonder you’re so desperate to hold only daddy dearest, he’s the only one who hasn’t thrown you under the bus yet.”

“Shut up and die!”

Phantasmal Sea-dragons burst out of the walls of water.

“Gale: Shinra Tensei”

A sphere of repulsive force dispels them.

Morgan grinds their teeth and starts to twitch again, it’s visibly notable now and even a blind man could see it.

“He’s all I have left… The only one who hasn’t left me, if I don’t do right by him then what am I Daughter of Zeus is a hollow title if you have no name of your own is it not?”

I understand now. I was too far away from my father, Morgan is riddled with his influence.

“So he’s the only one who stayed? Are you sure that’s not just what he wants you to think?” I bite my tongue and pause, something in my head begins to click. “Wait, daughter of Zeus… bride of Hades, but those were water phantasmals? how does Poseidon- wait.”

The ancient Mycenaean cults before the concept of Zeus as the Sky-Father or Hades as the Lord of the Underworld. In Greek myth Persephone was referred to as Kore, meaning ‘Maiden’ before her abduction. In the Mycenean Greek, the "two queens and the king" are mentioned as the precursor divinities of Demeter, Persephone and Poseidon. The Despoinai or Two Mistresses and the Earthshaker respectively with their conception in the form of horses.

Persephone as Despoinai was referred to separately, albeit once in 200 A.D but it was universally recognised that the two were one and the same even though we can never know the certain as mystery cults keep their secrets after all and that Despoinai’s true name was never to be known. Thus the connection of Kore as Despoinai. The underworld deities were generally referred to in titles as their attention was not wanted.

The arcadian mystery cults as well predate the greek speaking immigrants so Demeter and Persephone could have very likely been an altered version of ancient eldritch Earth-Mother deities.

All the names and pseudonyms give weight that Persephone’s oldest and truest incarnation must have been truly terrifying in a “do not speak her name lest you gain her attention” sort of manner.

If my theory that Hades is a mere offshoot of a pre-mycenaean Poseidon; underworld/ocean god, connection to the two earth goddesses and a horse thing… then Persephone, dread queen of the underworld, daughter of the Sky-Father and Earth-Shaker. Persephone must have had her divine core selected as she was the candidate to have a connection to all the other lead deities and the most fearful.

…Bloody nora dad you really know how to pick them.

“How can you be so strong?” Morgan asks. “You’ve never lost anything.”

I look to where I imagine my friends and new family are over the horizon.

“Strength isn’t about loss, it’s about fighting like hell to protect what you have. It doesn’t matter that you’re a god, it’s no wonder you’re so weak.”

“W-weak?”

Morgan seems to dissociate “Weak? No I can’t be. Strength is everything, I’m a god, I AM strength…. Yes Hiro was the one who uncovered and found the machine core but that was because I was better suited to handle it right?”

This fight is Morgan trying to prove to themselves and everyone else that following Hiro has been worth it. That losing all that they have is worth it. That they haven't wasted their time and effort and trust and devotion. They’re slipping and I’m the sledgehammer.

I open my mouth to speak but Morgan clamps their ears and recoils… but as if they heard someone else “No no, I’ll show them both I’ll prove it.” They flinch again, motions are jerky and twitchy like an automaton is glitching, “I didn’t lose her! They must have taken her! He’s all I got left, so what if people say he lied, I’m just too sensitive!? It had to have been my fault, he’s the closest thing I have to a father who loves me…”

Morgan seemed off but now they were outright unstable. It couldn’t have been me, my quips aren’t that good. Bugger, how bad has Hiro been gaslighting them?

Not just that.

It’s the divine aspect, the more they heavily lean on this in this form… Persephone is devouring Morgan to fuel their return.

Morgan starts to visibly shake and glare with anger at me.I need to take them down before Persephone erases Morgan…

Wait, why am I planning how to save Morgan after everything they did?

Monsters need to forgive monsters after all.
    Jin… damn it you edgy poetry spouting Hamlet wannabe.

“You’re right, Morgan. You’re my sibling, it’s my job to take care of you.”

They’re monsters.

They’re victims.

What they are not is someone free from my father.

Someone free to make their own decisions.

Besides, I’m a gentleman. And I decide that heroes help people.

Morgan charges like a divine beast; lumbering, predictable, a sphere of golden energy in their hand.

“Nigredo”

As they swing I deflect and it recoils returning to sender - Blasting the goddess who is trying to steal Morgan’s face… well, in the face. Morgan twitches, I spin in the air like a corkscrew and kick Morgan in their perfect damn jawline.

Pain

The field drops and I drop, recovering on the sea floor in a three point landing and the split ocean starts to come crashing down. All I do is smile, let my magic circuits sing and whole two glowing spheres of magical energy in each palm of my hand in turn… And no one ever says how the three point landing is so tough on your knees.

Like a virtual ragdoll caught in a poorly coded magical-metaphysics engine, Morgan’s swollen body jerks and a blast of energy erupts from their mouth - no spell, just pure magical energy.

I feel the flow of the dance of war. I spin my body in a half-cartwheel, using one sphere to ‘glide’ across the wave of waste radiated mana and complete my motion in a flip across their frame, ending up behind Morgan. As they turn to face me, I punch a god in the face.

“It’s not their body I can harm, even now they’re still too powerful… but their mind however.

“ArE yOu TrYiNg t0 ATONE Me BrOtHeR? wHaT dId I dO wRoNg?”

There is no malice, there is pleading, like a child who does not understand why they are being punished, all they know is that their parents are angry with them.

“AlL i WaNtEd WaS tO bE lOvEd AnD pRoTecTeD! I dId EvErYtHiNg I wAs AsKeD. B u t a l l w e f e e l i s a h o l e i n o u r c h e s t.”

Two voices, Morgan’s and another maiden. Something ancient, something terrifying.

We pretenders at divinity swing again but rather than the blows clashing, the shockwave from our swings meet and the land shatters and explodes, propelling me skyward…

My heads spinning and as I come too, I realise the indirect shockwave from Morgan’s… or is it Persephone’s attack has sent me skyward.

How strong are they? Attrition will never work.

A voice comes from downward. It is Morgan’s voice, but yet clearly not them.

“Do you know why I hate your forgiveness, why I spit on your redemption? To reach a hand down to someone they are therefore BENEATH YOU.”

Clearly the olympian is talking.

“No wonder father disliked the pantheon, being a poor conversationalist seems to run in the family with your kind. Is Zeus as insecure as his nameless daughter?”

I open up my circuits as wide as they go and let the energy bleed out into my body. I raise an open hand to the sky. A vortex of destructive power swirls around the arena as I call upon my magnum opus.

This spell, it’s something I’ve spent years working on when I can. The magical formula is complete and I’ve worked on the theory, but I’ve never had the magical power in me to invoke it. But now this accessway to The Root before me and this transformed state, I might be able to pull it off, even if it’s only the once.

“O’Sky Father; Jupiter, Anu, Ra-Horakhty, Thor, Dyaus Pita, Ouranos. Behold my declaration of destruction.
    “Our arms reach everything, tear anything, and clear all paths. Eventually it will reach even beyond the stars in the sky!”

I imagine a vessel, a crystal containing infinite possibility.

“Call forth our almighty limbs. Power of man. Power of light.”

I pour in the infinite potential of destruction, after the earth is wiped clean anything can grow afterwards. Gods, men, beasts. This blow is the might of the primordial patriarchs of the sky.

“O’Elements coalesce to give birth to the crystal where entropy is woven. Power beyond the Sky-Father and the stars.”

The first matter of the stone is the very same with the first matter of all things. The vessel is filled and broken, reforged and refilled over and over ad nauseam. My origin of destruction and the chaotic elemental nature are combined into an encapsulate of my magecraft. This is my almighty blow.

“Fallen ash brings new life to the ground!”

In my hand is a philosopher's stone, the pinnacle of my school. In this photonic crystal lies infinite potential for creation and immortality. Here is my soul-spear to strike at the heart of god.

Storm King’s Call
    Philosopher's Stone: Destruction

Kalligeneia Anodou - Beautiful Rebirth Towards the Skyward Way

But it is nowhere near enough the full unadulterated wrath of the nameless Queen of the Underworld.

[BGM OFF]

Status

Health: Critical
    Mana: Empty

I feel a sharp tug and everything falls backwards. My head is wet, it’s hot. Hitting my head on the way back down, my body is crumpled in a smoking crater in the ground where the temple once was. Something else painful is poking into me, some sharo concrete or brick debris?

Ah I see, my head is cracked. I’m bleeding. Bleeding a lot.

Doon
    Doon
    Doon
    Are those steps or my head?

Thinking is hard.

I feel Morgan approaching, they look smaller. Namely due to the fact that they’re 5ft tall and their old attire rather than being a 30ft tall goddess.

All that divinity, burned out? I don’t know if the juice seems to be gone.

I see them looking over.
    They’re smiling.
    They’re angry.

They’re crying.
    I… panic.

I feel my body move without command and i am flung toward morgan, and I bite.

And they scream.

Morgan throws me off and they curl up into a ball. The sweating, the panting, the fear…

“Don’t eat me grandpa…”

Well, I know what Hiro must have saved them from… no wonder they clung onto him so tightly. Bloody hell with how much of a manipulative bastard my old man is, Morgan didn’t stand a chance.

“Prometheus - Chains of Olympus”

I see Risa step over, and golden chains restrain Morgan’s form as they screamYes, it was always meant to be this way from the very start. SHE was always the hero.

“ALBEDO!”

Risa…the perfect magus…

But in my weak mind and body, I feel an impulse, foreign impulse. A cold rage.

A hunger, a need.

Power, we need more…

That’s not my voice, that’s not my brothers voice.

“Aoi, what are you doing?”

I can feel her, Aoi is trying to take control.

They want to kill Morgan

DANGER FATAL CHOICE! Decide Morgan's Fate

1) Kill a monster

2) Save a victim.

3) There has to be another way (Write in!!)

Last edited by Bird of Hermes; July 1st, 2022 at 11:33 AM.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    2. Save a victim.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TQG Imaginatorious's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    2) Save a victim.

Glad to see this has resumed updating.

US Friend Code
    1) Kill a Monster.
    False face must hide what the false heart doth know.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar

1. Kill a Monster.

Morgan has done and showed nothing to deserve mercy, especially not from Seigi after how they repeatedly made a mockery of his relationships with both Lancer and Risa by targeting them with the clear intent of enslaving/torturing them for the lols.

Lazlow and Reiner were both 'children' with over-inflated ego, Yorkie had prior emotional attachment from Seigi and Justice was purely a victim with an unfortunate temper and set of circumstances. Lazlow and Yorkie especially were not good people but there were reasons for all four of them to stay Seigi's hand and try to avert their deaths, especially because well... Lazlow and Yorkie came close to it but ultimately none of them really hurt Seigi.

But Morgan, who is proud of being Hiro's chief enforcer and pawn, who enslaved Lancer after doing the same to Archer, who flaunts how they could take anyone from him and how they are both Hiro's disciple in how they callously treat others and how they were literally remade to more efficiently serve him ?

Until the update right before this one Seigi was promising them death and honestly, nothing here is convincing me much that it would make sense for Seigi to forgive or even spare them.

Morgan may have a hypothetical lover somewhere in the world that might mourn them ?

Lancer had two persons who loved her and together they all made each other a little better until Morgan came.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Write in added.

Really should have added it in to begin with

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    1) Kill a monster.

The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    3) Ask them if they can return Lancer back. If Lancer can't go back, so does this person.

If you want to be loved, at least don't take others loved ones.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Hmmm... Changing mine to:

3: Write-in - Work in tandem with Aoi to destroy Morgan's Magic Circuits with nigredo.