Page 18 of 62 FirstFirst ... 81316171819202328 ... LastLast

Thread: Quest of Fate - Apocrypha Universe Grail War

In all likelihood, it's a familiar from another Master, possibly someone we haven't met. I suppose it could be connected to a Servant somehow, but unlikely.

Also we have confirmation that Seigi's fav sandwich is the chicken salad wrap. A respectable choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurvan View Post
    It could be a familiar, could be father's, could be the enemy's, could be a bird

who knows, but lets find out
    Imagine if it's literally just a bird. Man would I feel silly
    Last edited by 4score7years; June 13th, 2017 at 07:35 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    7. But with the thought of making a hummingbird wrap instead of a chicken wrap
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My curiosity piques.

If it's a familiar... So it can potentially lead us to another Master.

But we're kind of wrecked from taking on Justice, so extreme caution is advised.

(I swear, if the hummingbird was a hunger-induced hallucination...)
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Night
    Birb

The Hummingbird does not care about the world. It holds no weight on the past - whatever it can recall in its limited mental faculties possesses no ties to it. As long as its basic needs of shelter, food and sex were met then it was content to do whatever it wanted. Not even the slight buzzing at the back of its head bothered it anymore.

Pecking at a stray insect that had somehow found its way onto the rooftops, it swallowed it whole. Though the frame of the bird was slight, insects were insignificant. With a small tweet, the mammal spread its wings and flapped away at the sight that had caught its attention before returning to the Nest/Workshop. Although bugs residing in its skies were a rare treat; seeing big clumsy humans among the skies was not one nowadays, though leaping from giant concrete structure to another like a big meaty frog was new. The bird had no idea humans could fly like that and it was happy to follow its whim.

Only one human appeared to be flying. It was slender, built, angry and red. There weren't many other humans like that. Another human was its prey, caught in its talons. It was blue but with a red tuft of feathers on its head and screaming. Stupid human doesn't know how to fly.

Hummingbirds do what they want, nothing can stop them. It dances around and wanders aimlessly when it pleases. Should people attempt to hit it, it dives about safe. The swallow was able to do such a thing but that arrogant bird met its match against a particularly persistent human with purple feathers.

There's no way a human, especially those fledglings that can't fly can even- DANGER! HUMAN HAS ME! DANGER! DANGER! DANGER! DANGER! DA-

"I wasn't expecting you to just grab it out of mid air Lancer."

Despite being drained for the night, I still have some residual mana left for an examination. The heart of the animal is beating fast, lots of life energy pulsing around but there are some minor traces of external mana at the base of the head.

Throb

It's definitely a familiar.

"It seems you were right after all, those birds were familiars of another Master. I believe they're identical to the ones Risa identified."

Throb

So there's someone already on my trail, if we kill the creature then its master will probably make their move against us, letting it go will be a big gesture in all this as we may have an ally, as short as it may be.
    I open my hand and the animal bursts of out my hand as fast as fast can be, leaving a few feathers in my hand.

Throb

Throb

Throb

"Lancer, where is the familiar heading?" I ask with urgency. She squints her eyes and examines the skies: its current path, trajectory taken, estimated speed, yadayadayada.

"Derelict hospital," she answers abruptly, "That's where the Master has taken refuge."

I had no idea there was such a building here, perhaps I ought to ask Risa to read me a newspaper or something.

Throb

Ah… my head. Perhaps I was more drained than I thought, Nigredo clearly drains more from me than I expected, the technique needs more fi… finee… finefervence…

My head is heavy, the numbness encroaches. It's overtaking me.

Throb

Throb

Throb

Throb

Throb

Throb

Consciousness… Losing consciousness. Hold on. Focus. Lancer's here. Think of Lancer. She's here. Red hair, cold expression hiding warmth. Slender fingers but calloused with years of fighting. A dangerous beauty in her own way one might say. Focus.
    Everything is a blur. The harsh wind whiping at my face, flashes of light from the streets below. The creak of a door slowly opening. And Risa.
    I'm at the apartment. I'm safe.

1). Dream

================================================== ===============================

Another open ended thing this time, now you get to choose the dream, whether it be Servant shenanigans, Nomikata family things etc as dreams are heavily plot focused.

Also, following this, I'll update the Lancer profile corresponding to the 'Bond Matrix' update and give some more information by tomorrow.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Dream of Lancer imo, to see whether being a tactician or a reckless idiot is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Dream about glass and the Nomikata family

Also!

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    Perhaps the Dog-King Hrólfr Kraki, the werewolf Sigmund , or maybe he's Sir Marrok? He was an Arthurian Knight who was also a werewolf"
    B rank MR
    E rank Riding
    E rank Divinity
    C rank Golden Rule
    B rank Natural Body
    A+ Protection of Fate (A blessing from the Fates themselves that spin the threads of destiny.)

Hm. I don't know if Sir Marrok really fits the skills Saber has. I don't know anything about Hrolfr, but I guess Sigmund kinda fits it better? It still doesn't seem quite right to me, somehow.

I think that that really high Protection of Fate is probably the key to figuring this out, though. A+ isn't something to scoff at, so it must have been a fairly large part of the legend, yeah?

I dunno. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by 4score7years; June 15th, 2017 at 02:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    Dreaming about Lancer is for the best, maybe we can learn more of her.

Now Revamped!

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Definitely dream about Lancer. We need all on the clues on her identity we can get...

A nice and vague dream of your Servant's past sounds nice

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Intermission 2

I am in the Palace. My home. My world.
    I have never seen this place before but I know in my heart for this to be true. The walls are grand, mighty and adorned. Truly it could not be any other place. As I encroach upon the gates, I see him. My
    Emperor
    Master

His eyes are weary, as if they were angry for so long they just became tired. He does not react to my presence. He simply speaks vaguely in my direction. In my heart I know does not want to see me, so he sends me away.

Away.

Away to the fight.

Towards me I see a wasteland. A field lay barren with blood and blades, scouring the landscape.

Towards me I see two factions waging petty games of war. There is screaming, bleeding, and muffled cries of the dying and the screams of those thinking they had died and gone to hell.

As I walk towards them, the screams only get louder. By my side is a white spear and a sword I know will be stained bloody crimson like the earth, like my body.

They all turn to me and those with their backs to me scream. I am their ally, their support, their "Guardian Angel" but they are screaming with fear. These are grown men, grizzled warriors and they are more scared of me than an entire army.
    And that is why they fight behind me, the bravest of my land.

I raise my spear as my allies retreat from their position and rally behind me. We move forwards like an arrow piercing the flank of a beast and that is what we do to the chaotic swarm of flesh before us.

With a single swift arc, my sword arm cuts the air, sending men flying. With a single strong thrust, my spear pierced armour and flesh easier than the farmer tilling the earth.

Oh how I longed for this; to reduce men to naught, to tear through flesh, blood and bone as I should. My purpose is this, subjugation.

X X X

Back at the palace, the silence is stifling. I hear the cries and I long for them, it is my purpose. My slender, calloused hands twitch, waiting for the time I can crush skulls between them.

A maiden is tending to me, cooking my food, bathing me, talking to me with those trivial bright expressions. I do not react when she paws her hand in mine to touch my skin, I do not tell her she is appreciated because she is not appreciated. There is no spark. There is no meaning; the reason for my being here is trivial to the point where I have forgotten its purpose. Her smile does not make me happy, it does not fulfil me. I think back to the fight, laying waste to armies, slicing my foes apart, tossing their carcases up in the air as I fought. It was engaging, exciting, I want it, I need it. My time here is wasted; her affections cannot touch the iron heart of war.

Even as she takes my hand and leads me to bed, I feel only a slight reprieve in my soul. I need to break bone, to take life, to make them scream to destroy. So I destroy her. The needs of her heart and body are fulfilled as I perform my duties for her but as she is done, I leave abruptly with no warning. I hear her call out my name but the words fall deaf upon my ears.

With my frustrations mitigated for now I walk out of my lands and into the fields of grass, stain with dew, not blood. The night is a deep blue with akin to a purple mist and the silver orb that is the moon filling the night sky.

My heart is beating, longing for the purpose, to return to the fight.

I miss war. It's all I can do.

The night sky chips, cracks and shatters. Panes of glass coloured with the night sky fall down upon me as my head rushes forwards as I awaken. The noise cascades around my senses, overwhelming me. The scent's, the smells. Vivid memories that are not my own but held in my head better than my own...

My mind was my own, but now a part of Lancer is within my soul and myself in her.

1). Get out of bed

- - - Updated - - -

Bond Matrix: Increased. Profile for your Lancer class servant has expanded.

How you react to the dream drives to Seigi reacts in turn.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; June 19th, 2017 at 06:22 PM.

1, then

Blog Entries
    Not really much of a point voting with only one live option, so let's speculate on Lancer's identity instead.

The flashback we saw still fits pretty well with her being Yamato Takeru, at least from my limited knowledge. The only thing that strikes me as slightly discordant with that is that she's described as wielding a 'white' spear. Now, Takeru's spear was said to have been carved from a Holly tree which from what pictures of seen, does not seem to have white wood. On the other hand, the reference to being "bravest in her land" very much does fit with Takeru (whose name was actually a title meaning "bravest of Yamato") so it's still pretty much a toss-up at this point.

Also, wow, Lancer is a pretty selfish lover ain't she? Fantasizing about the anguished screams of your enemies while making love with your girlfriend is all kinds of fucked up...

Blog Entries

While disturbing, it's rather curious of how obsessed Lancer is in the thrill of battlefield. So her wanting to fight earlier on was her only way to experience the old thrill... While it's seemed to benefit Lancer if we play aggressive, we risk not forming alliances with other Masters.

Honestly, it's not surprising for her to have a Blood Knight tendency; since it seemed to be a much-needed trait if one must thrive in the battlefield. And the sour relation between Lancer and her Emperor seemed to be a clear indicator that we shouldn't be too much of a commander - but be more of a fighter in the Grail War. So perhaps fighting other Masters (within reason) is a go-to during future encounters should we want to know more of Lancer.
    Last edited by SleepMode; June 19th, 2017 at 07:05 PM.

Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zh1212 View Post

While disturbing, it's rather curious of how obsessed Lancer is in the thrill of battlefield. So her wanting to fight earlier on was her only way to experience the old thrill... While it's seemed to benefit Lancer if we play aggressive, we risk not forming alliances with other Masters.

Honestly, it's not surprising for her to have a Blood Knight tendency; since it seemed to be a much-needed trait if one must thrive in the battlefield. And the sour relation between Lancer and her Emperor seemed to be a clear indicator that we shouldn't be too much of a commander - but be more of a fighter in the Grail War. So perhaps fighting other Masters (within reason) is a go-to during future encounters should we want to know more of Lancer.
    Now that I think about it, the Keyword description on her profile is not really accurate. It describes her as indifferent to a life of subjugation whereas in fact we can see she actively revelled in it.

Also, do you have any more theories on Lancer's identity Zh?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The Hidey Hole
    Morning - 8:29am

I feel white sunlight peering down onto my face. The tips of a cold draft grace my skin with a gentle stroke. This is morning. Despite all the calm pleasantries, something is fundamentally wrong. I've awoken in a cold sweat.

That dream was so intense it was like I was living it. The ash, the smell of blood and flesh beginning to rot, the exhilaration I felt- There's no doubt about it, I saw Lancer single handily sway a large scale battle and turn battalion after battalion into chunky salsa sauce. Looking down on my hands, I half expect to see the splatter of gore across them with that sickly iron smell. That blood however has stained her hands. She killed them all like nothing, not even asking why, it was all just a task to please her…

Her Master, her Emperor.

She devoted herself to her indifferent liege, everyone else was insignificant, even that woman. That woman. Her eyes lit up when I - when Lancer walked into the room, her eagerness to serve wasn't like that of a handmaiden who had a schoolgirl crush on her senior. Her smell… I can't put my finger on it. It was so familiar to me, to Lancer, I didn't bother thinking about it and her face though… the more I try and focus on it the more it slips away from me. That experience leaves more questions though, I believed subjugation was just a task but she revelled in it and she supposedly cared for the woman in her life but her behaviour towards that woman was anything but passionate.

Long story short, Lancer has issues I'm not sure I want to be in the passenger seat for.

As I fully come to, I'm on the futon in the corner of the living room, I see Risa sitting at the end on the bed; watching the Japanese news network while eating what I assume to be a generic supermarket brand of chocolate hoop cereal or something. She's munching on it less excitedly than she usually does so either she's engaged with the TV or she's that tired. Looking at her posture, she's slumped over and there are heavy bags her eyes - clearly she hasn't slept well, especially given that I seem to have taken the only bed. Lancer is standing next to her and leaning against the wall with her arms folded, though she doesn't need sleep like the rest of us, I can hear a rhythmic tapping of her foot against the ground. Either she's impatient or…

Wait.

She's not looking at the TV, she's looking at me. She's not…

Oh crap. Dreams are shared between master and servant. I know. She knows. She knows I know. I know she knows that I know. We both know.
    Well then if previous life experience has taught me anything, awkward experiences are avoided best when you pretend the cause of them never happened.

I try to give a subtle nod, as subtle as I can be in my addled state and get out of bed.

Wait, I'm just in my underwear. Who undressed me? I push that thought out off my mind and look to the side, the kitchen has been converted into something of a chemistry lab with vials of different coloured water on them?

"While you were out recharging, I ran an experiment. Lancer told me everything about last night - with you beating up Saber's master and bailing when Caster showed up and let them duke it out."
    Seeing my confused expression, Risa places her now empty bowl down to the floor. Her face seems to have lightened up now that she was actually able to do something rather than just play as the maid around our now wrecked manor house. Her breath is chocolatey in smell but the trace amounts of chewed up food in her mouth makes it quite horrid with her now pressing herself against me to point better. "Now Saber and his boss jumped in a lake to escape, right? I took samples of water from across the river and examined them for ambient energy to pick up their trail, turns out they've shacked up 'round the sewers. They've been there for a while but I don't know how long they'll stay as Saber's Master doesn't seem like a typical mage from what Lancer tells me."

Clever girl, doing all that in the hours I was out for. But I still have a couple of questions. "So what did you do while me and Lancer left the manor?"

"Oh just watching the news, there's been an increase in brawls fights around the city that doesn't seem connected to us but they've only just seem to have started in the last week. Oh! Also I can't seem to get that Scrying Lens of yours to work. Your Great Grandfather must have made them so only those with the Nomikata Crest can interact with them which sucks 'cause we still need to find your father-"

Nothing like a bit of brand loyalty, but-

"-Before you ask, I only slept for an hour. I passed out over the sink."

Well that explains a lot too.

Given her casual addressing of him, it seems Lancer didn't tell Risa about my father's legacy which I'm thankful for, that needs to come from me and I honestly down know how to tell her everything. But that's a problem for me tomorrow.
    What we need to do now is…

1). Scry on Nomikata Sr to find him and track him down.
    2). Go to the sewers to find Team Saber (Write in your intentions)
    3). Go to the abandoned hospital to find Team Caster? (Write in your intentions)
    4). Write in!

3 Command Seals Remain

- - - Updated - - -

Well after lots of stuff at the office and partying for 3 days straight, I'm back.

Blog Entries
    1- scry on dad. Probably best to pursue our actual objective before we start going around and picking fights with random other Servants...

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    2 before they come up with countermeasures for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

I'm curious about 3 but it's kind of out of the way and we have higher priorities

Blog Entries

I would rather finish them off before it becomes a pain in the future.

Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    4)
    Scry on father to make sure he's alive but if he is safe, there is not enough information, or a blockage do not follow up and go to the hospital and request help from Team Caster as well as propose an alliance instead.
    Last edited by You; June 28th, 2017 at 09:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.