Seigi Nomikata
    Days in Captivity: 2? Morning?
    Fuyuki City?
    Health:
    Normal
    Magical Energy: Normal
    Objective: Escape

I can’t say no, I can’t deny her.

Though I will admit it’s more to the fact that literal torture is on the table rather than having residual feelings. I would rather not have my skeleton ripped out again however, it was… possibly the most painful experience of my life. It wasn’t like the last fight against Justice where my body slowly unravelled, too quick for me to notice properly but yes, it was akin to being ripped in half.

I need to give her information, information she and her compatriots can use or she’ll do that to me again. I can’t go through that again, not now, not like this.

“Lost in mist, never alone…”

I think back to the last time I dreamed and close my eyes.

Master’s share dreams with servants, usually recalling key memories in their lifetime.

My servant, Lancer was a fighter. When I first dreamt, she singlehandedly cut through armies and the world around her and she neglected her wife – walking away right after making love. A love that was one sided at the time. After that came the realisation she was unloved, a weapon to be picked up and discarded and that she was alone. Afterwards Lancer… no, Yamato Takeru started to become a person. I never treated her the way her father treated her, the way my father treated me. She’s been a friend, one of the few people I can call a true genuine friend.

But this isn’t about Lancer… this has never been about her. It’s never been about getting a wish. This little quest has never been about the Holy Grail War.

It’s been about me-

I think back to the last time I dreamed and open my eyes.

[BGM ON]

“I dream of shards.”

I do not see York or the interrogation room. I am there in that void, a swirl of coloured mists and floating shards of glass surround me

Haunting beautiful but empty, desolate.

It’s a void but more than that, it is a force. I feel its presence all around me. Pressing me down but at the same time keeping me together.

“Life

Death

The physical realm around me

Balance keeping it all in place

The souls that make up my being”

It is a metaphysical location outside the world, away from the touch of humanity, aside from myself and these shards. However, in these shards I see other people who should not exist in any world.

But if I see these other people with in these shards, are that reincarnations of past lives, me seeing further beyond or the remains of the souls of the children my father slew to create the next heir…

I have been alone until recently, but perhaps I have never been alone.

Or perhaps it is
    Shadow Reflections
    Nigredo
    . The dark state, the reflection of the sun. Putrefactio, and Mortificatio are two different aspects of the Nigredo. Putreficatio means rotting, and Mortificatio means killing, hence it is associated with death. Hence the void. In all religions associated with agricultural renewal, the rotting and death comes first. No new life can arise, say the alchemists, without the death of the old. They liken the art to the work of the sower, who buries the grain in the earth: it dies only to waken to new life. My nigredo is incomplete alchemy, I cannot create nor remould.

Before creation comes destruction.

Just like how my siblings died to create me.

A voice reverberates in the dark.

I am not sure if it even is a language but I understand the meaning.

“Little brother?”

And I know who it is. The one of all my brothers and sisters who has been here the longest, the one who carved the deepest on my fathers heart and therefore the only one who left any indentation on the world no matter now minor it may have been.

Spoiler:

Aoi Nomikata, my long dead sister. She’s the only other one who remains here, everyone else has faded. Quiet voices I barely notice even if I’m doing my best to pay attention but they’re there. They always have been.

My focus of magecraft, my dreams, they all go hand-in-hand with the truth. My truth.

“Wow. You really are something special Seigi.” Yorkie reappears in my view by my side, her hand brushing again mine. She should not have been here but it occurs that I’ve been speaking aloud this whole time until now.

She’s warm, her skin in soft. Without even noticing, looking at the technicolour shimmering splendour around me, my fingers reach out and intertwine with hers.

It’s beautiful. I turn to my side and see her beside me. Her eyes wide open and mouth agap. Those glowing amber eyes warm me and her touch isn’t like Lancer’s at all its… inviting, tender. There’s no malice in her eyes as we’re now face-to-face.

Without thinking I find myself compelled. If feel my cheeks flush and my heart beating out of my ears because the way she’s looking at me right now is like she’s looking at me for the first time in that coffee shop all over again.

She’s inches away now.

Close enough to lean in and gently bite my ear of all things.

“I’m sorry but I had to make the act believable, I have a job to do but I could never hurt my sweet little Seigi. Follow my lead, I can keep us here for a little longer.”

I’m struck by her, the beating in my ears gets louder and louder, the warmth in my chest gets hotter. I remember her touch, the way we held each other and-

“You’re-”

And with that, she wraps her arms around my head and pulls me in for the first time in forever.

[BGM OFF]

Seigi Nomikata
    Fuyuki City?
    Health:
    Normal

“…”

Cold musty air fills my nostrils. We’re back.

Yorkie can control my health and wellbeing while I’m in this room and stuck to this chair but if what she said is true then perhaps I can trust her.

But for a moment, we wern't in this room. We were somewhere else entirely and I can't believe she kissed me.

She’s blushing…

Ahem, well er- you’ve been very helpful.” Yorkie mumbles. Damn, I can’t stand saying this but it’s cute. “So, I’ll take this information to my boss now, he’ll be very happy.”

Wait just a moment. Is she just forgetting what she made me do and leave me here?!

Choice

Yorkie seems to have gotten more than what she wanted, what will you ask of her?

1). Ask were she’s going
    2). Ask who she’s working for
    3). Ask what she wants
    4). Ask to be let free
    5). Do nothing
    6). Write in!

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    2: Ask who she's working for.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    6. Write in: Ask why would her client take interest in a hedge mage like me.
    Last edited by SleepMode; February 18th, 2019 at 11:02 PM.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    sleepmode's 6
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    SleepMode's 6.

SleepMode's 6.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepMode View Post
    +1

Hey Hermes

Nice

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Not an update quite so soon I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepMode View Post
    Yorkie's answer will appear next update. However it'll be interesting to see what all you people think why her client is so interested in Seigi.

Because her client is actually...

a long lost sibling

tu tu tuuuuuuuuu

(a joke)

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    The classic big brother twist

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Seigi Nomikata
    Fuyuki City?
    Health:
    Normal

[BGM]

“Why me though?”

Yorkie’s interrogation of me is done, she’s got what she needs for now and is making her next move. I’m needed, too important to be killed right now perhaps but certainly allowed to be disciplined. I have no desire to have my skeleton ripped out again. However – there is something in my mind, there are more powerful mages than me like Reiner in the war, more curious figures like Atsusui, hell – Yorkie and Lazlow are both stronger than me. I’m irrelevant as a magus here.

So I ask again.

“Why is it that you need me!?

I look through her, this dusty room melts into nothingness in my vision, just another cage, just another void with Yorkie in the middle.

She takes one step away from me.

Two.

Her hand in on the door, she turns the knob and pulls open, letting a crack of light beam across the darkness. A hand reaches out from the unknown holding a clipboard with a few documents, knowledge about this case, about me.

If I could just break free, freedom would be so close…

But she holds and thinks for just a moment. I can tell from her expression – a furrowed brow, looking down and fussing over something I can’t see. She comtemplates.

“Well Seigi…”

She answers

“We don’t need a Grail to get to The Root,” she mewls like a cute puppy. “We just need you.”

And with that, she’s gone.

[BGM OFF]

Warning!

Game has Auto-Saved.

Lukas Adalbert
    Days 2 - Morning
    Fuyuki City – Centre District
    Health:
    Great
    Magical Energy: Great
    Objective: Find Lead on Target!

Base of Operations Status

Hyatt Hotel

Comfort: Great
    Supplies: Normal
    Defence: Normal

Summary Report
    Day 1

>>Beginning Report
    >> Target is likely captive in Fuyuki City, unsure if will remain in city in city for extended period of time. No specific leads currently
    >> A Subcatagory Holy Grail War is taking place in Fuyuki at this time. Masters and Servants will be present, need to be careful. Target was an unwilling member of the War so cannot guarantee the reaction of other combatants.
    >> Investigated Derelict Tohsaka Estate to examine leyline and try to pinpoint location. Well of power was destroyed in a single attack.
    >> Encountered four persons of interest. Four males, likely to be two young masters and two servants of the Grail War.

• One master claimed to be Seigi Nomikata (hereby referred to as SEIGI to reduce confusion), immature, untrustworthy and highly volatile individual – to be avoided under all circumstances as next encounter will likely turn violent.
    • Servant of SEIGI is a Saber class servant. Contrary to young master is handsome and charming. Appears to be trying to curb his Masters more unpleasant qualities. Will be acceptable to encounter during day, however cannot guarantee safety at night when the Grail War is active.
    • Third person of interest in ‘Master Lazlow’. Aged between 10-14. Gives of a magical and charismatic presence of a high lord of the Mage Association. Have offered coffee making services but not received a reply. Power currently unknown, may be overestimating power but potentially comparable to the deceased Lord Kayneth El-Melloi Archibald or the Enforcer Bazett Fraga McRemitz in a worst-case scenario. May continue further interaction for now.
    • Fourth person is the servant of Master Lazlow, class unknown. Appears unmotivated. Withholding judgement.

Target Status
    Location – Fuyuki, district unknown
    Duration – Unknown

>> Will require further lead on search for target or they may become lost and terminated.
    >> Concluding Report

Warning!

This is a Save Point for both protagonists.

If your quest reaches a Bad End or Dead End, you may choose to resume it from this point from either’s perspective.

Fuyuki Map (Large)

Choice

Lukas’ Morning Action
    Salomonis is still active, indicating worse choices to pick. A lead on your target's whereabouts must be obtained by today. Failure to do so results in an Automatic Game-Over and you will need to restart the day...

Explore

• Station Front – Some combatants of the Subcatagory Grail War know I’m here and not competing; however our conflicts may not align. I should check this place for my own safety.
    • Harbour – There’s a wide open expance, perhaps I can find something there.
    • Church – I am unsure if this Subcatagory War has an overseer. I should look into this.
    • ‘Ghost House’ – Apparently this place is as infamous as the Tohsaka manor. Does it have a reputation for a reason?
    • Big Bridge – This is the crossing point between two halves of the city, all travel would cut between here.
    • Tohsaka Residence – I’ve already been here, people may get suspect. Master Lazlow and his servant have already been encountered here.
    • Matou Residence – A magus family whose magical circuits have since died out after dwindling over the past centuries and have no heir. Willingness to provide assistance may be limited but they have been here for over a hundred years.
    • Emiya Residence – Apparently a very helpful individual lives at this establishment, perhaps they could help me in gathering information, gossip, etc.
    • Shopping District – More supplies are always helpful. SEIGI and Saber may be encountered here.
    • School – Why would I go here…
    • Temple – A powerful keystone upon a leyline, may provide further information following my examination at the Tohsaka estate.
    • Outskirts – This place is not oft discussed, perhaps it is worth investigating?

Change Base

• Null – Currently there is nowhere else to move the base from the Hyatt Hotel

Rest

• Null – As no action was taken yesterday night, Lukas has already gained the benefits of being rested.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Emiya residence
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

While I'd love to meet crazy church lady again

Having someone helpful could be in our best interests, so sure lets go with the Emiya residence

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm going with 1- the Station Front. My reasoning is that the picture displayed for it on the map looks very similar to one of the backgrounds used for the Shinto District in the VN.

This one. Only difference I can see is that the trees are colored differently.

Given we know from Seigi's POV he was abducted in the Shinto District, that seems like the best place to look. Kind of OOC knowledge I'm aware, but I'm willing to use any means within my reach to get an edge here. Besides, if it does turn out to be the best choice it could easily be justified in-story by Salomonis giving Lukas a subconscious hunch.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Emiya Residence
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Emiya Residence