Page 49 of 62 FirstFirst ... 394447484950515459 ... LastLast

Thread: Quest of Fate - Apocrypha Universe Grail War

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The Emiya residence is the home of Shirou Emiya and Kiritsugu Emiya, located on the northern end (where the Japanese style houses are) of Miyama Town. It is a large, old building located on the northern end of Miyama, and a Japanese-style building with a classical elegance befitting the area. Even within the old style of Miyama, it is of a rare style, and it can be considered a rare example of architectural history. Though it was large and previously unused, its history made it so it was never torn down even in its degradation and having taken up a large amount of space in an area of civic planning.

It has a very old storehouse built on the edge of the yard, which utilizes a key cast in an ancient style far different from the modern cylindrical kind utilized in the rest of the estate. The door is old and rusty, constantly creaking as it opens. While the rest of the house is unsuited to be a magus' workshop, the storehouse is suitable enough for a makeshift area for magi to work. The house is too open, letting magical energy flow about freely, so the closed nature is suitable as long as a magic circle can be established. The mansion suited Kiritsugu for having never been glamorous but it feels pretty luxurious for a student in some way.

The Emiya Residence's Barrier, constructed by Kiritsugu, surrounds the property, warning the residents about individuals with malicious intentions entering its perimeter through a ringing bell on the ceiling. It is very well made, and unlike the one set on the Tohsaka residence, it is possible to feel a human quality from it. It possesses neither offensive nor defensive capabilities, but its detection powers are excellent.

While the head of the household Kiritsugu was no stranger to Holy Grail Wars and Servants, it’s greatest defence currently was currently the Lancer class servant, heroic spirit Yamato Takeru. Spending most nights guarding the household, this night she had made an exception to warm the bed of the other female occupant of the household.

Day 09 – Earlier this Morning
    Fuyuki City – Miyama Town, Emiya Residence

[BGM]

“Good morning, my beautiful woman.”

Risa was still sound asleep, wrapped in an arm and nestled quite comfortably. The Servant herself did not require sleep but after running the young pink-haired & sensitive woman asleep in her arms utterly ragged a few hours earlier, Lancer decided she owed it to Risa to stay with her for a time.

Seeing the Magus sleep for the first time in days was good but having her snuggle so close and smile as she did so too… it gave Lancer a tender warmth in her chest. The physical act of love was something she never objected to but seeing her like this was wondrous.

Risa was warm to the touch, even her arms wrapped around her were comforting, easily allowing her to slip into sleep earlier. Her skin however was clammy and the tuft of pink burrowed ever further to Lancer when she tried to pull away but Lancer was simply content to just be around the woman that she…

Shit.
    Lancer thought to herself, Risa reminded her too much of Ototachibana-hime like this.

However as dawn began to break, Lancer needed to attend to the rest of the households occupants.

Carefully, Lancer slid out of Risa unconscious grip before adjusting the bed covers to get her as cosy as possible before bending over and giving a soft little peck on her forehead and whispering something she knew no one in this world would hear before dressing and walking through to the main room.

Spoiler:

Through the hallway into the main living area, the head of the household Kiritsugu Emiya was already awake, dressed and making breakfast in the kitchen. Rather than a single large plate for each person that was heavy and lacked seasoning which was the traditional English style of food she had recently, it would seem she would be partaking in the cuisine of her own country. Kiritsugu held up a large tray with numerous bowls for sharing – miso soup, mixed steamed rice with uni, grilled fish & eggs with furikake as well. Light, easy to digest & flexible too. It felt reassuring for a nostalgic scent to come about; Lukas & Seigi were able to cook simple dishes that were certainly tasteful and not as bland as poor English food could be, they weren’t quite to her palette. As for the girl still resting in her bed, there was a reason that she had ordered food instead of preparing it herself.

The sun began to shine through the windows as it rose through the sky, illuminating the room as Kiritsugu walked from the open kitchen into the light.
    “Lukas is currently enjoying a cup of coffee in the gardens, he will be about ten minutes before joining us.” Kiritsugu asked, blinking numerously as if he had dirt in his eyes. Lancer however paid greater heed to his non-dominant left hand. A mild tremor, barely noticeable to an untrained eye but the tray wobbled a minor amount as he retired mercenary carried it through before placing it on the table.

“Would you like me to fetch out young guest?” he asked. “I know servants do not need to eat but you can start without us if you like, I prepared extra for you if you wanted some?”

Lancer appreciated the gesture; it was similar to what Seigi and Risa had done for her not long after being summoned. Yes, just because Lancer was a weapon did not mean she had to be treated as one.

The redhead smiled and shook her head at the host “I would enjoy breakfast but this is the first time Risa has slept in days, let us give her a little longer.”

“Good idea, the poor kid’s been through a lot.” Kiritsugu agreed as he sat down and grasped a pair of chopsticks. “Least I can do is let her rest some more, pay back the last of my debt-”

“Debt?” That word had piqued her interest as Lancer cut off Kiritsugu. “Pardon me for inquiring when Risa introduced you to me the day after my Master was taken, she had mentioned there being you ‘paying her back’ as an accident but when I had asked her, she said it was not her place to tell.”

Kiritsugu has picked up a rice bowl, gave it a glare that looked as if he was trying to burn a hole through it before letting out a soft sigh and smile before setting it back down.

“This year is 2007. Three years ago in 2004 I took place in a Holy Grail War much like this one… actually no, far larger.”

Lancer’s quizzical gaze passed to look upon her host as she began to tuck into some food.

“I will spare you the details but you may have heard reference to a ‘Great Holy Grail War’ that took place a few years ago. It was in Trifas; Transylvania, where two factions of seven servants had combatted each other to claim the Holy Grail. I had been hired by the Einzbern family, one of the great mage families who created the damn Grail hundreds of years ago to take part in the war and reclaim it after it had been stolen by Darnic Prestone Yggdmillennia who was a Magus supported by the Nazi’s in the Third True Holy Grail War before betraying them and stealing it away himself around the time of the World War II.”

“Curious”
    Lancer noted, among the magi participating in this Subcategory War the ‘Great Holy Grail War’ had been mentioned but no detail had been given to its events. It likely bore little baring on the conflict that was currently at hand but context was always helpful in combat.

“So I summoned a Servant myself, a top calibre one if I do not say so myself with the catalyst that the Einzbern’s had provided. I called forth a Knight of the Round Table under the Saber class, a class that you yourself are eligible for correct?”

Lancer nodded.

“Correct, my corresponding classes I can be summoned under are both Saber & Lancer. My depiction as a hero is far more prominent as a Saber where I wield a sword equal to that of Excalibur. It is also far more famed as well. The fact I have been called forth as a Lancer is likely due to my Master, whether it be compatibility, an accident or the fact the summoning was interrupted.”

Kiritsugu pauses for a moment, seemingly hesitating before the point.

“The Einzberns also created two homunculi – artificial humanoids with great power and magic circuits at the cost of a shortened life span. One was created fully grown and all the knowledge she would need already in her head, the other an infant that grew over time to a limited degree by the time we met the child had the body of a pre-teen but the mind of a adult. They were a ‘Mother and Daughter’ unit as it were. They were assigned to work alongside me but, um…”

He nodded slowly, before getting up and picking up a small picture frame and passing it over to his guest.

There stood Kiritsugu arm-in-arm with a beautiful albino woman with hair white as snow, eyes shimmering ruby red. They were smiling as she and Ota once smiled together.

“You fell in love with the mother. Didn’t you?”

“Iri was the mother and my wife. Illya was my daughter.”

Lancer found it convenient that the bowl covered her lips and her expression. Much like Kiritsugu she had been married but her relationship was arranged for her and it took many years before she returned her wife’s affections. These two people in this picture, they were married, they were in love, they had children… Yes. There were two smaller figures, a young girl who was the spitting image of her mother and a young boy with fiery orange hair embracing each other too. No resemblance to either parent, most likely adopted.

Adopted children… a curious notion. For the first time in her new life, Lancer felt sorrow. Children were never something that she and Ota had. Perhaps it was a blessing, Lancer doubted she would have been a good mother. After all, Lancer knew that for most of her marriage that she was not a good spouse.

Lancer had been certain to not let the same mistakes happen again. She had lived as a weapon but Seigi and Risa had insisted on treating her as a person of equal value. It would have been easy to block them off and not let herself feel. The feeling of their laughter as they ate together, their touch as they embraced each other, went to bed together, the warmth of their bodies as she made them scream with pleasure. Seigi’s selflessness, Risa’s need of reassurance self-hatred with cracks in her façade with Risa calling herself unmarriageable as if she was. Lancer had even bedded both of them too.

Her lip trembled and she handed the frame back to Kiritsugu. Being a human was far harder than being a weapon but this man seemed to have crossed that bridge.

“What happened then?”

“Ah, so you’ve noticed?”

Aside from pictures, there was little trace of any of these people in the household. After all, no love story ended happily.

“I was only a master for a while, when the intentions of the Einzberns became clear I abandoned war. I used all three of my Command Seals to let my servant stay in the world as long as possible as they volunteered to provide cover as I fled with my family. The boy in that picture is Shirou. His family had been lost in a gas explosion and we adopted him. However, homunculi are beautiful creatures but not blessed with long lifespans.” A single tear slid down Kiritsugu’s face. “Shirou was born with Magic Circuits but we did not raise him to be a magus. His friend Rin Tohsaka chose to take him as an apprentice but truthfully we told him to Irisviel's and Ilyasviel's early deaths did not take him by surprise.”

“My wife sacrificed herself to appease an angry deity. We had been married for decades but I was defective, I did not know how to love. All I could do was kill the enemies of my father. I would pay some attention when she got sad and bed her to keep her sated but when my own father hired warlords to try and kill me, she stood by me even though I had treated her like a burden. Despite my poor treatment of her, she loved me. So much more than I deserved.” Lancer’s voice shook now, the loss of a loved one under cruel circumstances was something she understood. “Now when I look back all I can see is all the years that I wasted not loving her. She was the only good thing in my life and I was… I could have been so much better.”

“I understand what it’s like to lose time. My little Illya never saw her twentieth birthday.”

Both drank in silence.

Kiritsugu had his fill of servants but he understood a widower’s grief. Knowing the weight words carried, he was silent, instead offering another bowl. Leaves flew by in the breeze against the window, fluttering helplessly against the window like dying embers, a poignancy to it that breaks both their hearts further.

Lancer accepts the offering Kiritsugu gives her.

“You’ll pull through,” Kiritsugu said, a soft smile that feed on the pain of their dialogue and glowed ever brighter. “I will never find someone like my Iri again but, I have my son and he has me. I have lessons to teach him and I look forward to seeing him become a better man than I was. I believe he is already doing so, he’s surpassed my skills in the kitchen many years ago.”

“I miss her,” Lancer admits. “I don’t deserve to but I want to see her again, I want to give her a better life.”

“I miss Iri too, that’s why I do odd jobs around town. When I help people and see them smile, I see Iri smiling back at me.”

“She…” Lancer catches herself “Iri sounds like an incredible woman and Illya must have been a wonderful little girl.”

“She was. I still have my family, and you have Risa. You two have depended on each other and you both care for each other, that much is obvious” Kiritsugu was right. There was a beautiful young woman waiting for her. “Go wake your girlfriend up. When she and our mutual friend Lukas are ready, we’ll discuss action for today. The Tohsaka’s leyline defences have been left a mess by that card-carrying mercenary, I have no idea who Kotomine’s replacement at the church is and if I don’t try and tidy things up while Rin is away then she’ll never let me live it down.”
    Lancer nods for no real reason.

“Thank you Kiritsugu Emiya.” Sorrow and joy were mixed together in a bitter flavour. Not pleasant but her heart had simmered down, calmer and more peaceful than before.

“If we get the opportunity, can we continue this afterwards?”

Kiritsugu nodded and admired the picture he held in his hands one last time as Lancer turned to leave. Her pride as a warrior was great but nothing in comparison to the strongest emotion of all, love. Life was what you made of it, that meaning was it alone. To love man and woman, love your spouse, love your neighbour, love your children.

Above all else though, to love your friend, and learn to love yourself. Those last two in particular struck a chord with Lancer, she had never loved anyone before Ota came into her life. Ota, Seigi and Risa all filled her heart with love and camaraderie yet none of them loved themselves. Ota devoted herself toward Lancer, Risa’s self-loathing made her desperate for affection and Seigi’s love he experienced had all seemingly been a lie.

Ota was gone but she still had people who cared about her, couldn’t fail them as well.

"Girlfriend might be pushing it though..."

Choice

The next stage will be progressing shortly, who would you like to follow next?
    1. The Mastermind watching from afar
    2. The Rogue Agent in the church
    3. The Vessel of Souls with the mysterious Servant

Last edited by Bird of Hermes; February 4th, 2020 at 06:28 PM.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ​2
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors

Blog Entries
    That was a nice bonding scene... They had more in common than one would have expected.

Hm... Torn between 2 or 3 but I’ll say 2.

Signature by fumato

Blog Entries

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Evil of Humanity Half-Blood Master's Avatar
    2 I'm dying to see if I'm a systematically incompetent commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, July 20th 2019
    We gave HBM, of all people, access to a morals loosening field
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux, December 25th 2019
    Senta deserves the right to a life where she gets to choose if she's actually a Nazi
    True Rider
    A wise and beautiful woman who exudes an aura of grace. She is a sly, cunning, manipulative person who always gets what she wants, whether through trickery or ruthlessness. Her own fighting abilities are low, but she should not be trifled with. What does she ride? Men, of course!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Day 9 – Mid Day
    Fuyuki City – The Church

A haunted hill. A place of sanctity, despoiled. No trace of saintliness could be found here anymore, only a desolate empty box filled with naught but the cadaver that was once the Overseer. Despite the season, it felt unnaturally cold but not an artificial chill but the stifling grasp of the oldest emotion known to man. Fear. Standing in the centre of the room with the enemy having the high ground. Beautiful but terrifying, like a malevolent doll. A doll bent of death or worse. It was here that Yorkie would live or die.

The ominous figure raised its firearm directly towards her.

“Commencing capture protocol.”

[BGM]

“Shit–!”

Guns had a tell with a muzzle flash, crossbows were even slower yet still she could not fully evade. Throwing herself to the side the bolt scraped against her left side as she landed in some biological remnants of crushed liver and kidneys.

“What’s your problem?!” complains the rogue agent defecting from what must clearly be the same benefactor, laughter barely covering hysteria. “Don’t you know it’s rude to try and penetrate a girl before taking her out to dinner first?”

Sarcasm was the cowards lie. Fear against death however was perfectly natural, it meant you wanted to live. That desire to live brought action into motion.

Staying on all fours, she crawled to the end of the benches and ducked around the corner for cover, keeping her eyes closed focusing on her other senses.

The scent of a slaughtered carcass from the holy mother and the odour of sewage from the monochrome figure were overpowering rendering the sense of smell useless. Hearing was another story, as the figure approached, a slow and heavy thud of heavy weighted boots signalled their approach and delayed ka-thunk of the crossbow being pulled back and reloaded.

“One second, two seconds…”

Three seconds, that was the time it took to reload the crossbow. That could make all the difference.

“Projection… Force!” she wants to scream it out but it’s a slow growl

Dipping back around the corner from her cover to face the figure with it tilting it’s head slowly over to match. The figures face was masked so could not show any expression, Yorkie’s could show fear but she knew it’s power. Fear of growing close to someone after a life of solitude, fear of losing them, fear of failure and knowing when other people relied upon you those fears grew all the greater. The oldest fears were of death and the unknown. But fear did not define a woman, it was what you do in spite of your fear that denoted your bravery.

Yorkie bared her fangs and her face was pure steel as gazing into those empty sockets, the curse was cast and heavy iron fell in her hand. A lock, stock and barrel, creating the image of a western revolver.

“Hmmm?”
    A confused hum came from the figure, it did not comprehend the true nature of her power.

Perfect.

Yorkie pulled the trigger of the illusory gun and fired. Her aim was terrible but this was not an actual gun, it was an extension of herself. By cursing a given target one is granted control over their spatial and visual information received by its living target. By taking control of this information, one can install a new “reality” to the target – akin to (barely like) the placebo effect used in medical trials if the brain perceives it to be true it can have genuine effects. Therefore, these virtual realities super imposes upon the target will cause the body to react accordingly, causing illusory injuries to become genuine.

The spell rang true, as the gun faded from her grip as the spell ended, the figure jolted back a step. Looking down at it’s chest, it gave a slow pat out of curiosity as if it could not quite comprehend what happened. Yorkie was waiting for the blood to come out, show some signs of injury or weakness.

But there was nothing she could see.

The creature looked at its own hand in reaction to what just happened and tilted its head. There was no fear, only curiosity.

That was worse, there was no malice it this things actions, what happened to the nun, what was going to happen to her. They’d be no reasoning. Just that little head tilt that was international language for ‘fascinating’.

Shit.

She buckled back over and crawled around the corner, hearing the sound of the wooden benches behind her being crushed under heavy heel, destroying whatever little protection she had left. All she could do was crawl away like a stupid, little worm. Stupid, but not helpless. This figure may have proved itself to have been impervious to gunfire, however Yorkie hadn’t given up, she still had some elements of the environment on her side. There had to be something!

Yorkie retreated, sprinting away while the slow thud of heavy footsteps followed her. Gunfire wasn’t enough to slow this damn thing, she needed to make a wall. With simulated modern weaponry falling short, she’d need to rely on the elements.

“Come thunder, come lightning.”

Yorkie gestured to the light-bulbs in the room that would have provided an artificial lighting and after the initial spell earlier it was easy to simulate the sounds of thunder crackling in the beings head to draw its attention to them.

“Projection: Element!”

The second illusion projection spell of hers worked in a similar way to the first with the brain simulating effects upon the body. The lightbulbs crackled and glowed with energy before bolts of lightning struck at the ground. In the assailant’s mind’s eye the ground burned as a searing wall of flame burst out of the ground before it spread across the entire church. Yorkie could see the thing stumble back, swatting at small embers that had even started to spout up on it, having believed itself to start catching fire.

After a few feet, the flames grew and spread across the creature’s whole body but rather than screams of pain, franticly trying to put out the fire or anything for that matter. It just stood there, looking at her.

Watching, waiting.

The creature’s gaze fixed upon the illusionist, it raised an arm and fired a bolt from the crossbow. Bolt’s were slower and had an audible tell before firing, anticipating this Yorkie once again dove over to the right side to try and get close to the altar for cover only for the bolt to skim against her face, leaving a hot searing cut across her left cheek.

That bastard anticipated that!

Yorkie knew she had three seconds before that thing had reloaded so she rose to her feet, ignoring the superficial wound only for her to see the bogeyman to drop the crossbow.

One second-

She had already turned and frantically darted to the only available defence, looking over her shoulder only to see it quickly draw out a second one from under its cloak.

“Clever dick-”

Yorkie twisted around to prepare another countering spell but before she could, the next bolt shot out and pierced through her right hand, pulling her back flat on her ass and pinning the hand to the altar.

She screamed as the white-hot pain coursed through her whole being and the illusionist writhed in agony. With that, her concentration broke and the illusory wall of fire vanished. The flames on her assailant vanished and all Yorkie could do was look in terror as she heard those slow heavy footsteps approach and there was nothing she could do.

Quickly it was upon her and the figure loomed over her, reaching down and grabbing a fist full of her hair before yanking her up and finally speaking in a desolate empty voice that betrayed no emotion.

“Target neutralised, preparing for transport.”

Yorkie struggled, desperately kicking and scraping best she could at the dark figure but it didn’t move an inch. She could feel the sweat dripping off her, the pounding of her own heartbeat in her ears as she used her free hand to wack at it’s face, knocking the figures mask free.

She saw a youthful face just about entering adulthood, one she knew intimately well. Striking blue eyes and handsome features that were marred by sickly pale skin and black veins ruining his looks, accompanied by blonde hair, a natural colour the former lover knew that he despised.

“A-a clone? A fucking clone!

She looked at the half-dead face of Seigi Nomikata staring back into her eyes, no love, no hatred, nothing in those empty eyes.

“Preparing TERMINATION.”

The doppelganger swung his head down on Yorkie’s head and her nose exploded in a cacophony on blood. Letting go of her hair, Yorkie fell to the ground as she covered her face, unable to stop the outpour of her blood over her beautiful face. Through her fingers she saw the refraction of light, the rays of the sun reflecting off metal as something blocked out the light infront of Yorkie. She lurched to the left as the heavy object swung down where her head was.

And the axe the doll that worse Seigi’s face sliced clean through Yorkie’s right arm at the elbow.

Last Chance Choice!

Yorkie's hasty created defences have failed. Pick incorrectly and she dies.

1. Fight (Buster): Full offence relying on overwhelming physical might, with little regard for defence or actual tactics. Just hit the enemy hard until it drops.
    2. Fight (Arts): Careful, tactical combat, prioritising a solid defence while seeking tactical breakthroughs—either a gap in the enemy’s defence, or an environmental advantage. This tactic has failed
    3. Fight (Quick): Rapid offence relying on speed and precision—provides better defence than Buster, but offensive potential is comparatively inferior. Quick combat seeks to force the enemy to make mistakes and overextend, creating the opportunity to deal a critical hit.
    4. Hide.
    5. Run.
    6. Write in!

Note, if you pick one of the Fight options, please note how you want Yorkie to fight.

Why, yes, I *am* a systematically incompetent commander. Don't listen to me, gentlemen.
    Senta deserves the right to a life where she gets to choose if she's actually a Nazi
    True Rider
    A wise and beautiful woman who exudes an aura of grace. She is a sly, cunning, manipulative person who always gets what she wants, whether through trickery or ruthlessness. Her own fighting abilities are low, but she should not be trifled with. What does she ride? Men, of course!

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Use her illusion to confuse the opponent, use her placebo-like effect to stop herself from feeling the wound for the time being, and run away.

The enemy doesn't budge at all from her attack, I don't see any of the battle choices allow her to win.

Blog Entries
    ^

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Thirding Spar's choice.

Blog Entries
    I think Sparta has a good idea so will vote for that too.Fighting seems out of the question - though now I’m wondering if the soldier(s?) aren’t as durable as one assumed so much as just don’t register pain - but that alone makes it bad compatibility without Yorkie.

So running is best but doing so without cover is a bad idea.

Signature by fumato

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Day 09 – Pre-Morning
    Above Fuyuki

[BGM]

The mastermind was a light sleeper, he felt light – elated almost. Having slept in a warmed bed with a belly filled with good food and alcohol it would have been easy to be heavy and groggy. He had not slept this well in fifteen years since his last visit to Sicily. However, he had work to do, waking early naturally, leaving the chair in the hallway of the plane he had slept upon and letting one of the white-haired homunculi maids bring him the report of the prior events.

The air plane had begun to feel almost like a home to Hiro Nomikata, he'd flown in them so often around the Americas, Europe as well as the middle and far east. It was as easy to curl up and sleep in one of these as it was to fall asleep after thirteen hours of work. Even as the engines turned in the private air carriers rocked by the sudden irregular winds his mind was relaxed. He was not however tired in the slightest. He had too much to do now. Nineteen years waiting for the boy to bloom, half a century his plans had been in motion now.

Finally, he was on the precipice of achieving the dream of all magi. Attaining ‘The Root’ and everything that came with it. While fools had played around with trying to obtain a Holy Grail, playing around with precious rocks or delusions of divinity – he had the perfect specimen, a vessel of souls that was a living access way. Through making him endure a lifetime of struggle and trauma, he had lit the spark. Even that woman herself would be impressed.

After all these decades, Hiro had no ill will towards the concept any more. However, unlike her methodology, his actually worked.

This air carrier in particular had not been modified to be a transportable magus workshop, but rather a luxurious abode built for comfort and company. Company that was beginning to come to consciousness themselves by the time Hiro had walked down to the master suite he had allowed someone else to borrow from him for the night.

“Good morning, Morgawse.”

Morgawse "Morgan" Blytheseel

There were three people asleep in that bed, two were homunculi, one male and one female who had clearly been taken for a night of rutting. The third however was the only one of consequence.

A half-clothed female presenting individual with a prominent bust and long raven hair who had taken his bed from him awoke far less graciously than Hiro did; hair a mess, grunting loudly and swatting at some imaginary foe. Hiro had however grown to appreciate the little quirks.

“The perfect model of poise and grace as ever I see.”

The figure arose begrudgingly. “Urgh, if you want a pretty little doll you should have brought my little sister with you instead!” the tomboyish voice replied. “And how many times do I have to tell ya? Just Morgan will do, no one calls me by my full name other than Pussett and gramps.”

They had certainly picked up an attitude over the years. It was understandable, they had spent their youth being raised by a former colleague who he had worked together whom some could argue was even worse a human than he.

“I know, I just enjoy the little reactions. Besides, Morgawse is a fine name.”

“Still, you don’t hear me talking shit about names. Seigi Nomikata? How long did it take for you to come up with that pun?”

“I cared about the end result, I put as much effort in the name as your grandfather took caring for you in your youth.”

Morgan huffed, kneading at their face as they tried to come up with a response, however during their time with Hiro they knew he couldn’t care less about insults thrown at him.

Ouch, dude.”

Morgan gave a laugh at that; they had a rather dry sense of humour and Hiro’s attitude around them indulged their tastes in many ways. They sat up now, the little amount of clothing they still wore covering what was exposed that wasn’t covered by the bedsheets before peaking down to look at the report.

“Aw, the help brought that in already without breakfast?” Morgan complained, stretching shamelessly that would have shown plenty if not for the tight jacket, their curves swaying as they twisted on the spot. “That’s a pity, could have enjoyed something to snack on while you gave us an update.”

“Are you referring to the food or rather the homunculi. I would have hoped you would have had your fill already” The no-nonsense speech of their boss dispelling the last traces of sleepiness in Morgan.

“Eh, could go for both. Don’t get me wrong, the maids and butlers you got around here look scrummy and despite trying my charm on Yorkie I don’t know how far I got in getting her to consider something new. Both are good ways to wake up after all.”

Hiro groans and covers his face with a single hand when Morgan sprung up out of the bed, removed what little articles of clothing they had left and walked around in their birthday suit to grab a half-finished drink from the counter.

“My dear, the ice is melted and the drink is warm. Having an Old Fashioned the morning after isn’t the same.”

Morgan shrugged, “After living with gramps you learn to take every bit of pleasure while you can. Ya never know, you could wake up the next day to find out you’re gonna get eaten alive.”

Hiro understood that reasoning. Fearing for your life years on end could make you a hedonist, Hiro perfectly understood the motivation but still found Morgan a little excessive at times. “I understand that Morgan but you need to understand that I’m not going to recite information to you while you eat and copulate first thing in the morning.”

Morgan took a swig of the alcohol before pulling a face at him.

“Let me dream Hiro.”

“Dreams are earned after a day of hard work and so far, you have done nothing today.”

“I worked pretty damn hard last night <3.”

Morgan turned their head around and gave a wink and a sharp toothed grin. After Hiro pulled a face in turn, Morgan grabbed a robe before approaching.

“Ok then silver fox, what’s the update?”

Hiro emerged from the bed and instead of speaking, passed Morgan the paper. He saw their smile fade quick.

“So, your main facility in the east hemisphere got destroyed?”

“Expendable, I have reserves. Now that the boy has awakened to his power it isn’t needed any more regardless”

“Your golden goose is running wild with Yorkie?”

“I expected her to fumble at the end. I’ve sent the three doll units after her to collect. You can deal with the turncoat afterwards.”

“And Lazlow bailed on us?”

“His mistake was facing Aoi alone. Although he can already be considered an elite in Clock Tower and close to the Fes rank with his cards that contained magecraft from the Age of Gods, their matchup was utterly incompatible.”

Morgan bit their lip but nodded, it was like asking a trained ninja to win a fistfight with a speeding truck. One has talent and technique but against raw power like that you’d end up as paste.

“Poor kid.”
    Morgan muttered. “At least he was still alive.”

“So then boss, what’s our next move?”

Hiro waved his hand dismissively on the subject of the conspiracy’s youngest member. “Forget about the young one. He’s played his role and will no longer be required regardless, powerful though he was Lazlow was still only a teenager.”

Hiro reached into his pocket, before pulling out a card.

“This was originally going to be young Grimmwold’s payment. A card to add to his magical deck, by absconding he has forfeited this. In his absence I am bequeathing it to you.”

With a flick of the wrist he casually threw he card across the room. Morgan opted instead of using their hands to catch it with their teeth. They took a hold of the card before examining it further.

Spoiler:

“This-?”

“A Class Card.” Hiro continued, his deep brow and unsmiling face now focusing with devious intent toward Morgan. “It’s a rare artefact - a system of summoning Heroic Spirits similar to Servants. Differing from allowing a Heroic Spirit to manifest, the cards encapsulate the Heroic Spirits. Rather than summoning them, you take on their abilities. The Subcatagory Holy Grail can only allow for the summoning of so many servants, therefore you will become the Assassin of this conflict.

Morgan was left speechless by the enormity of what they held in their hand. The ability to outright become a servant… it was ludicrous. Yet, Hiro had never lied to them.

“How the blazes did ya get something like this, chief?”

Hiro rolled his head, stifling a yawn. “With Seigi perfected, I have had close to two decades to obtain other armaments. Sicily was not the only Subcatagory Grail War I’ve meddled in.”

There was a lot to tell with his exploits, but it was old news evidently.

“You will take this, re-establish contact with Archer and take Lazlow’s place as his master. Afterward, you will find Seigi – subdue him and then return him to me.”

“And everyone else in the Grail War?”

“Lancer you will certainly have to terminate. I doubt even with the card you and Archer together can kill her so you will need to cut the connection she has to this world.”

“You mean kill that Risa girl?”

Hiro gave a slow and glum nod at that response.

“Once maybe I could have taken her on as an apprentice but she has grown too attached to the boy. Unless he does something drastic and out of character, she will not leave his side.”

“Consider it done.” Morgan gave a little flick of a mischievous smile, not noticing the disappointed sigh leaving Hiro’s lips.

“The single-minded welp that calls himself ‘Justice’ is bull headed and will not stop until I die. This is causing him to make stupid mistakes. If you are able to manipulate him you can remove him with no issue. As for Caster and his master, leave them to me. I will bring them to my side.”

“So, you’re bringing out your biggest gun?”

Hiro chuckled and shook his head.

“No, my ‘biggest gun’ as you put it, I am keeping if I ever see that woman again just in case. My Berserker will be enough to subdue Rider; however Archer’s particular skill set and Noble Phantasm will be able to eliminate Rider’s mount should she fail, I can remove Caster from the equation myself. However, the class card is not the last tool I am giving you.”

Hiro took a step back to allow for an acceptable amount of space between himself and the rooms other residents. He extended his hand and from it emerged a blinding heat.

Hiro was used to this sensation but even Morgan recoiled from it whom had been witness to the most hideous melam. He felt nothing, least of all the intense burning sensation of the black flames sprouting from his right hand now crawling up his arm, focusing solely on the image the mould was forged and he willed the flame to take shape of an incandescent black blade that bore the colour of oblivion.

Hiro did not naturally possess a sorcery trait akin to the God Holder of the Fraga clan, though that woman would no doubt call him second-rate however he was a sublime melder of the soul. His bore many ravages, artificially prolonging his lifespan, scars across his circuits and crest and countless procedures upon himself as well as the haemorrhaging of his many sins. If the mastermind did not meld something for his own benefit then he was a fool.

The black flames had crawled up to his shoulder now. They were power, ancient power stolen from another and forcibly connected to his own. With a suitable price paid, Hiro spoke the True Name of the weapon and gave it form. Morgan who had not seen this before themselves recognised the nature of this.

“A Noble Phantasm!?”

A cold calmness washed over Hiro, halting the progress of the flame, washing away the pain upon his physical form and his soul alike as the fire vanished and his took shape.

“Indeed.”

Hiro's Noble Phantasm

It is an unnecessarily large unwieldy tool, the multiple seals over the sword made it look more akin to a half-melted slab of metal, standing close to two meters tall, it was taller than Hiro and positively dwarfed the petite Morgan. He held it by the hilt and blade before passing it to equally amazed and bewildered individual.

“A Noble Phantasm? You’re just giving me your Noble Phantasm?”

He answered that with a flick to the forehead.

“Oww!”
    they cried out in mock agony.

“No, I am not.” Hiro answered coldly, his ever-present icy tones a vast contrast to the warm sword now in the grasp of Morgan. “I am giving you the class card. I am lending you my Noble Phantasm and expect a swift return when your work is complete. I attempted to collect the rest of the collection the blade belongs to in Norwich last year but they evaded me, this is the only one of the set that I possess.”

“You can just give this away.”

“The nature of the weapon specifically allows it to be passed freely. However, you must not that you are not to invoke the True Name of the Noble Phantasm or it will kill you. However, even with its passive state it will allow you to defend yourself against Servants should you face them. Simply will the blade into existence and it will come for you.”

Morgan fell to their knees, still utterly dazzled by the gift. Hiro had acquired a Noble Phantasm preserved into the Age of Man, taken it for himself and was now letting them use it. This was the greatest gift they had received. With this Morgan could take their rightful place as head of the Blytheseel family, carve out a name in the Clock Tower society but above all else-

“I could kill grandfather with this…”

Hiro rolled his head and attempted to hide a groan of disappointment at his employee and grandchild of his former associate.

“I do not doubt your reasoning, but he is a blight. By leaving his side and joining me you had already taken the necessary steps to ensure he will not touch you again. I will not stop you should you decide to follow through but do know this young one,”

He adjusted his glasses.

“I will be very disappointed.”

Upon those words, the metal seemed to shrink and pull like the heated metal was being cooled and pulled in until it became a more agreeable height for Morgan to wield and vanishing. Hiro had at least tried not to sound to menacing and give an honest smile as well.

He reached out, helping Morgan to their feet before the two of them heard the sound of rustling in the bed could be heard. Morgan’s ‘nightly entertainment’ were starting to awaken. The half-dressed female homunculus poked her head out of the covers and turned her head toward the two conspirators.

“Mmmmm, Mister Morgan?”

Morgan stroked their chin, pondering for a moment before coming to a conclusion and walking towards the bed.

Miss today.”

Morgan then walked towards the bed and gave the homunculus a soft pec on the forehead.

“Do I have some free time before I need to get to work.”

“Ten minutes, no longer.”

“Ten is all I need Hiro,” Morgan gave a playful little salute before realising what words they had actually said “Wait, that’s not what I meant.”

Hiro lost composure as he laughed, his was no longer a face that was meant to smile so most would have found the expression unnerving. Morgan found it endearing.

“Worry not, I know what you meant. And before you ask again, no I will not be joining you. I’m old enough to be your grandfather and we’re both better than that.”

“Pity, I find distractions help focus the mind.”

“King’s pawn to E4.”

Hiro did indeed distract them with that. They did not even have a game board with them yet he intended to play the classic game of the mind with Morgan.

“You gotta be shitting me.”

The older man gave an amused chuckle at the faux-distress.

“Too complicated for someone Aedel deemed unfit to be his successor?”

Morgan turned away to give Hiro the cold shoulder and pulled the homunculus into a more aggressive kiss and grumbling as they did so. “Smug lil asswipe… Pawn to E5.”

“Pawn to F4. King’s Gambit.”

“Very well, my pawn takes yours. Give me a bit to get the pieces set in my head. Then we’ll see what you’ve got.”

“Ten minutes.”

Morgan crawled under the sheets and Hiro left the protégée to their own devices.

[BGM OFF]

Day 9 - Midday
    Fuyuki City – Tohsaka Residence

Character Status

Health: Poor
    Magical Energy: Normal
    Access to The Root: Level 1

So, here I am. Sat in the basement of a rich woman I’ve met once. I’ve stolen found an incomplete mystic code. I’m sat on a table with an older woman saying she wants to ‘teach me something’ whilst holding me down against said table by my legs and leaning in awfully close. This feels like the time I came across Yorkie’s internet history by accident.

“A-a lesson?”

“Yes.” Continues Rider, seemingly oblivious or more likely uncaring of our position and my clear opinion on the matter. “You were blessed with a wonderful brain and body eager to learn new knowledge and I would like you to make use of your abilities.”

“You… want to make use of my body?” There are only so many ways for that sentence to be interpreted. “I’ll have you know you’ll need to take me out on a date before I spread my legs for you, ya know!”

She gives a dull wink that doesn’t quite work with her hair covering half her face before giving tracing her fingertips ever so gently up my thighs before giving them a squeeze.

“I managed to get you to spread nice and open for me anyway.”

Ok, admittedly the wink may not have worked but the whole ambiguously older lady softly but firmly asserting herself combined with the ‘wild witch of the woods’ outfit does. If I were in a better situation and headspace, I wouldn’t have minded the attention.

“I’m afraid I’ll have to insist.” With it as it is though, I place the jewelled sword to the side and take a gentle hold of her wrists. “I know manners and condition of one’s etiquette are important to your legend so I know that you have no intention of such a thing regardless as I’ve given my answer.”

Da, you are quite correct. A witch is not necessarily a villain after all. Now come, let’s go somewhere the sunlight can touch us.” With that she gives a nod before pulling away and beckoning me to follow. Is it just me or is she looking a little paler than usual?

With all this, Rider many as well tell me herself who she is.

Regardless, I pick up the Azoth and follow suite upstairs to the kitchen.

[BGM]

“On the subject of manners, I must say you are falling short, especially for one who prides himself as a quintessential British gentleman. I am a guest here after all and you have not offered to take my coat, a beverage or meal.”

“Rider, it is not Seigi Nomikata who owns this place. It is Rin Tohsaka who is the inheritor of her land. I broke in here just like you, and am apparently in the process of stealing an incomplete yet highly valuable mystic code from her.”

Rin Tohsaka can never learn of this.

“Then I claim squatters, rights.” Rider retorts back to me.

“Rider, do you just want me to make you some food?”

She nods at the question and I understand. The legendary Witch of the Wilds is a sponge.

“Consider it payment for the lesson I am about to bequeath you.”

I am too tired to argue that she was the one who propositioned me with the offer. However, I cannot help possess the ominous feeling being bossed around like this is somehow going to become a trend.

The kitchen itself however doesn’t match the aesthetic of the rest of the house and appears to be quite modern and recent refurbished with lots of high-end equipment, hell even the knives look expensive. Not only have I broken into Tohsaka’s house and stole her hard work, I’m eating her food too. This isn't as bad as that damn masquerade ball but still not good.

I walk to the counter, roll up my sleeves, adorn an apron and wash my hands like the good househusband that I am before I get immediately interrupted by Rider pulling up a stool and resting her head on the counter looking at me.

“Drink?”

“The only alcohol I tend to drink before the afternoon is a Bloody Mary. It’s a cocktail specifically designed for the morning after all.”

“I am afraid that I must insist. My particular methodology of sorcery requires a connection to the natural world and intoxication assists with that. If I am to teach then you must be on the right circumstances, I could strip you down and paint your body but as you said, I’ve not taken you out on a date first.”

I don’t know how to respond to that, so I don’t.

She shakes away my dismissal with a wave of her hand.

“On the serious subject of your body, there is a reason you are so well sculpted.” Rider continues without cue. “The Magical Circuit is holistic metaphysical organ, every alteration upon the physical body affects them and vice versa. Although much like a literal muscle, the magical circuit can improve performance by practising magecraft regular ritualistic exercise also assists.”

“So… when the access way opened within me, my body suddenly got jacked to compensate for the influx of power?”

“Yes, but your body could have just as easily turned wrinkled and paraplegic. The souls within your body were carefully woven together and your physical body was meticulously designed to intense specifications as well. The people who created you were geniuses, especially by the standards of the modern day.”

I feel like someone somewhere is patting themselves on the back somewhere.

“Your father likely saw an individual take in power that did not belong to them and suffer the consequences, when it came to you to took precautions to maintain your body would remain in peak performance. That’s what a father should do, take care of his children’s needs and protect their wellbeing.”

“Oh, that’s what a dad does then?”
    I find myself whispering in disbelief. I hate surrendering to this woman

Strange, Hiro did something that benefited me. I would have been easier to control if I was stuck to a wheelchair but he took this step to do something for me? The fact that my father performed a genuine act of kindness only confuses me is unsettling.

“Now as for your transformation would you are to show me?”

I have no reason not to comply.

[BGM]

I think back to that moment and recall every agony.

The fear.

The pain.

The loss.

The exile.

The need to survive.

“On that day, my soul changed.”

I feel it, the well of energy open. Like a chain breaking, or rather a closed door opening a fraction and letting light into a darkened room.

“A voice echoed. Power. Give me more power. To prove my worth as a magus, to earn my existence as a human, to protect the people I love. I need more power.
    The room begins to shake, winds that did not exist before began to spin and swirl. Everything that was not pinned down lifted into the air and started to spin around me like I was the eye of the storm.

Keep it together, your power is merely an extension of yourself. Keep control. Do not let the beautiful destruction run rampant with itself.

The power wells up once again. Now in complete control this time I can feel it, crying out. Begging towards me.

More.

More power!

It screams, I feel the pressure welling in my body approaching a crescendo demanding a release that refuses to come.

My teeth grind against each other, my whole body now tenses and my hands are balled up into tiny fists. The windows shatter, the glass exploding and the winds spin faster and faster still creating a hurricane of shards around my physical form. Pale blue light begins to shine from my form, swirling and spreading and stretching in every direction, as if wishing to tear itself apart.

MORE POWER!

Now I scream, adrift in mid air my back arches the light shimmers like an aura burning blue. The sensation is similar to the multi-armed form that Aoi used but I can’t quite seem to pull it over the edge. Through the blue light and my incoherent yelling, I can feel the cold touch of a hand upon my body and the tones of Rider’s voice calling out to me.

“You’ve called it out, now bind it, shape it. Make it yours.”

Rider is my anchor; she lowers her hand and my body follows suit with my feet slowly lowering and touching the floor.

I give the energy form and focus. The blue light fades and I coalesce it and give it form. It is not the perfectly humanoid multiple set of additional arms that Aoi manifested but only one set, monstrous clawed and feathered.

Arm of the False Bodhisattva

The wind had died down and everything has returned to it’s prim and proper place, although I believe that may have been more Rider’s doing than my own. Even the shattered glass windows returned into place. However, the arms are still there.

“So, this is… different. I apologise for being rough, that was my first time.”

Fuck, why am I giving a flirty one-liner? Is this a defence or coping mechanism or am I really just a manslut?

“That is a product of your souls.” The wild witch responds “Souls are an existence of a higher order in concept of the astral plane, acting as a record of the body containing the memories, mind, and Magic Circuits. As a standard rule, the body can only possess one but in your case a dozen have been sewn together without being merged to form a singular new one. The magical energy overflows and can even become tangible. It is an ability that is comparable in nature to melam of the deities of Ancient Mesopotamia.

“Mela-what now?”

“Irrelevant.” Rider waves her hand to dismiss the question. “In the east, particularly the Buddhist faith a Bodhisattva is one on a path to enlightenment however wishes to use the ability to help others. Enlightenment can be attained through becoming a Supreme Human. Furthermore, both the human Bodhisattva and the fierce deities of that pantheon possessed the ability to transform into a terrifying form. This is an extension of that.”

Seigi nodded, following the lecture.

“So, you mean, god-like abilities?”

Rider shook her head.

“No, your abilities are distinctly rooted in humanity and what they are capable of. Although there is some overlap in what humans and other spirits such as elemental, phantasmal & divine you are certainly not a god, that is the opposite of what was intended for you.”

Seigi crossed his human arms while his additional monstrous set scratched his head.

“Is this the lesson, telling me what all this root mumbo-jumbo can do?”

“Actually, I’m presenting an option. Tell me what you can do.”

I walk to the fridge and pull out a beer which I toss over to Rider.

“Jokes aside, I’m good at fighting and have a mean right hook.”

“A self-trained underdog who people don’t expect is to be understandable, perhaps you’ve been subconsciously tapping into that well of knowledge to draw out techniques. Purely physical movement of the body is far easier to replicate than spells from the Age of Gods or recreating Noble Phantasms.”

“As a magus, I’m predominantly an orthodox alchemist focusing on the Magnum Opus school of tradition but I’ve dabbled in reinforcement and the like but to a greater extent Elemancy.”

“Oh, go on about that little one. I’m not known for my alchemical knowledge.”

I’m admittedly a little disappointed but not surprised. If I was learning from Paracelsus it would be another thing.

“Manipulation of the wind element. ‘Gust & Gale’ are my go-to spells, minor adjustment at negligible cost and concussive blasts are simple and powerful. Admittedly I don’t have the finesse for things like creating barriers of air or flight. However up till the war I was working on something that would manipulate the weather, I called it Storm King’s Call.

“So, which would you like assistance on?”

“Is all an option?”

“Greedy.” A begrudging Rider gave a disappointed click of her tongue.

“You’re asking a bi guy to make a choice; this is on you. Poor humour aside, I knew the Witch of the Wilds was smart, but I did not expect Baba Yaga, the most fearsome and famous witch of all Europe to be so accommodating. You have my thanks.”

“Oh? Da- I mean Moi? Is it not presumptuous to just assume the identity of a servant?” Rider bent her face in surprise. It’s hard to tell if all the clues were deliberate or if Rider’s just less subtle than me. Or maybe Rider’s just a terrible actor.

“Baba Yaga. Or Rider, whatever you prefer. You have been making it rather easy for me.”

“For all you know I could be Scathach!”

“I’m from England, she’s Scottish. If you were her then you would have started a bare-knuckle fist tight with me on sight as principle.”

She sighs and rolls her eyes.

“Tell me what you want from me and make me food. I don’t know how much time we have together before we get interrupted.”

Choice Time with Seigi! How we’ve missed you~

Rider is offering to bestow knowledge, what will you ask for?

1. A super-move (Master Storm King’s Call)
    2. Knowledge on appropriate magecraft (Improve manipulation of the wind element)
    3. Martial prowess (Bolster melee combat prowess)
    4. Further knowledge on your existence as The Anchor (Gain a random Access Note or deepen your connection to The Root.)
    5. Actually, this woman is too suspicious. (Leave without any support from Rider)
    6. Write in!

Most importantly, what food will you make for Rider & Seigi?

1. A light breakfast (Fruits, cereals & toast)
    2. A hearty breakfast (A full English Fry-Up)
    3. Brunch food (Some form of toasted sandwich or something)
    4. Skip all that and make lunch (Try your hand at Japanese cuisine)

[BGM]

Day 9 - Midday
    Fuyuki City – Einzbern Forrest

The virgin forest, or rather mountain range, found at the outskirts of Fuyuki city. Kept in close vicinity to the now empty castle, the undeveloped land was an ocean of thick trees and wildlife. Only half illuminated by the sun, much of the grass still kept the early morning dew blown freely into the air by strong winds. The bounded field originally used to detect intruders had since been repurposed to keep people out.

In this forest stood two warriors from the ancient past stood thirty meters from each other, a swordsman with bestial strength who had only been bested by the gods and a peerless unwavering living weapon who had learned how to become human.

This would be their final battle.

Quest Master's Note

Ok, so next on the to-do list is is the following:

1). Release Rider's profile as you correctly guessed her name.
    2). Add an NPC section for the conspiracy
    3). Release a doc for all the Level 1 Root Access abilities
    4). Would you guys prefer the servants be separated in their own profiles instead of just one?

Thanks for sticking this far!
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; March 12th, 2020 at 01:31 PM.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries

let's learn Rasengan

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Rider's profile has been updated

Ok so hear me out:

Slavic fairytales and folklore often have references to objects where the souls of parts of the souls of some beings have an existence and even agency separate from their "owners"' bodies, usually residing in objects or animals (most famously in the case of Koschei the Deathless, but also the doll Vasilisa's mother gives her); but there's also the concept of souls being able to leave the body and exist independently, as in the Polish Moras and the Serbian Zhúdac, amongst others.

Baba Yaga herself owns similar objects that possess wills of their own, and in some tales she herself is split into various Baba Yagas that have different attitudes and goals, meaning she has learned to divorce herself into multiple independent units that can even act against the others's objectives.

Now, you'd think, we'd ask her to teach us this art in order to learn to use bilocation/multiplication or go the horcrux route using the soul fragments Seigi is already made of. Others would think it's an indirect way of dabbing into the Third.

And you'd be wrong: I just want a viable path for getting Aoi a body and letting her live a life of her own, and realized there's a slim chance that Baba Yaga has an idea, no matter how faint, on how to accomplish that. And I will hold onto that faint chance with all the might that I can muster. Which is why this is my proposal for 6

I understand why some might go for more immediate benefits, especially after the reveal of the new villains and what not. And really, I believe in this quest no one is or would be better qualified for teaching us about harnessing the wrath of winds and clouds than Baba fucking Yaga.

But Aoi's situation is something that has been bugging me since we came to know of her existence and history, since there was no foreseeable way of improving it amongst all the scheming and life-threatening situations going about. Suddenly, a potential path to the solution opened in my mind, and I couldn't look away.

It's not something that can be achieved easily or quickly. It's quite certain we aren't getting to see it in the course of this quest, at least not permanently; and we may not even get to reap any benefits from it. But for the sake of opening the door to her own future, I think any sacrifice would be wanting. Which is why I ask you to support this feeble, excessively hopeful choice. Thanks for bearing with me.

Oh, and of course, the Full English is the only right answer
    True Rider

Blog Entries
    Mm...

I’ll support HBM’s write-in if it is something Seigi would reasonably know to ask about. My reservation with that write-in is that it’s be in-character for Seigi but it also assumes a metric ton of obscure Slavic folklore knowledge on his part about the full nature of Baba Yaga’s magic.

Most people know Baba Yaga but not everyone knows minute details about her familiars or vessels and common tropes in Slavic folklore, and I’m not sure it’d be anything Seigi would have the slightest clue to ask about.

If a Hermes check suggests he might, then I’ll back it, but I don’t want to put convenient knowledge in his head for purely OOC reasons even if I agree with the sentiment.

Otherwise, I’ll go with 2 and the English breakfast. A good meal is important for training and to thank Rider!
    Last edited by Sunny; March 13th, 2020 at 12:16 PM.

Signature by fumato

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries

​Until the Write-In is verified by Hermes, I'll stick to this for now
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!