Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 747525556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1224

Thread: Quest of Fate - Apocrypha Universe Grail War

Blog Entries

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar

屍鬼 Ghoul
    4. We need an alliance right now, and with Reiner on our side, we could get Rider to help us, too.

JP Friend Code

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

Blog Entries
    Mm, 4 does seem worth considering... though how persuasive a pitch would be after what happened with Saber is another question.

I'll say 4 for now. Although personally speaking, after that, I'm more tempted by 9 than 2...?

Given most of the people Seigi is with are unlikely to have much information about Morgan's power set and Seigi only grasped some details with structural analysis, I feel like there's not much there for anyone to go off of.

Whereas knowing what Risa's magecraft does would help come up with some plans, and it might be the kind that needs some time to set up or prepare. If that's the case, planning a battle strategy when you don't know what your own allies can do seems a bit... hmm...

Yolo?
    Last edited by Sunny; January 25th, 2021 at 03:25 PM.

Signature by fumato

4. I just really want Seigi and Reiner to see each other again. ;-;

My vote is 4, we need allies and right now Reiner is our best shot. And if we get Reiner on our side, we likely also get Rider to help us.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Day 09
    Night Phase - 03
    Fuyuki City - Emiya Residence

The one good lesson that I learned from Hiro was that a magus cannot show weakness, not just to his enemies but his allies. I can’t let everyone know how weak I am, I need to help and they won’t let me if I can’t hold myself together. What Kiritsugu said… I don’t know what these people see in me but they’re stronger and smarter than I, if they see something, then it’s there. This is to save Lancer, justify my existence and prove I’m worthy of the love they’re giving me.

“Ok,” I begin nervously, I notice myself catching myself talking before taking a breath. “We need to face the facts, we are woefully overpowered here. Morgan and my father have rigged this war and have gathered a small army of about half of them. We need more firepower.”

Kiritsugu nods in agreement. “A pity that Saber’s gone, his power and will would have been ideal.”

“Saber’s dead.” Risa corrects him, “Lancer began to tap into her own real power and evaporated him.”

“Oh I’m sorry, I meant my Saber.” Kiritsugu added nonchalantly. “Back in Trifas when I gave him a Command Spell to fuel his strength, he was able to take on the entirety of the faction under command of that stray Ruler and servants; Karna, Achilles, Semiramis, Atalanta, Shakespeare…”

“You sure he’s not secretly working at a ramen stand this whole time incognito?” Yorkie muttered to no one in particular.

“No, he’d have eaten any ramen or sushi bar out of house and home.”

I have no idea who Kiritsugu’s Saber was but he sounds like a delight though the reminder that I'll never taste sushi or ramen does sting a little.

“I take it we cannot simply reclaim the command seals from this… Morgan?” Lukas asks with a waiver of optimism.

“No,” I respond, burying my face in my hands, “In a straight up fight I could barely get a single lick in, I went all out and barely registered to them. Hiro’s the one who planned this whole war, playing every side from the start won’t let us get a sneak attack. Another fight is a suicide mission if they stop playing around. They’ll keep a tight grip on Lancer, our girl is the strongest warrior in all history who was just held back by my interrupted summoning, so getting close to her won’t work.”

“Now, now, we just need to think of alternative servants we could contact.” Risa says as she gives my hand a squeeze.

At this point Yorkie almost stands to attention as she begins a little chant almost.

“Saber’s terminated. Lancer & Archer are claimed by Morgan. Morgan’s probably become Assassin with a power that was originally considered for Lazlow. Hiro’s got a Berserker stored away somewhere and he’s convinced that cute hobo wizard to join up for now and taken Caster along for the ride.”

“What else can you tell us about the servants from your knowledge?” Lukas prompts, which causes Yorkie to go into full lecture mode.

“Saber was our best bet, the Heroic Spirit Sigmund as wielder of the strongest demonic sword was possibly the only one to match Lancer in a one-on-one straightforward battle. Caster’s a damned enigma to be, just a misty blob but he… I think he used some form of written magecraft, either egyptian hieroglyphs or runes. Either way Morgan felt some sort of affinity.”

At this point I return to the conversation. “He said he wouldn’t leave us to die but not leave his master. Him stalling out Morgan was probably his one act of defiance. We’d be wise to consider a potential alliance but not rely on one.”

Traces of Divinity… I note, the only thing I can think of given Morgan’s ‘affinity’. Caster is a divine magus who uses weapons or a divine warrior who uses magecraft, either way Caster's are meant to be the physically wimpiest of classes, he has no right to be so jacked.

Wise Up! Caster of Fate

Divinity: C
    A Skill that represents the depth of one's Divine Spirit aptitude, how close one is to a Divine Spirit. It also has an effect which reduces special defensive values called 'purge defense' in proportion to the Divinity's Rank. It can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith and Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig.

Further information is locked.

“As for Archer, he’s a lazy bum with no motivation in legend and a servant. He’ll complain about Morgan but only expect him to get off his ass once. Granted we’re in for it when he does when he walks the road of babylon.”

So a classical archer who fights from a distance. Either one with no military prowess or does not value them. A sniper through and through… but that last word, a babylonian archer? Yorkie’d say if she knew for certain who Archer was but mayhaps that’s the extent of her knowledge.

“So that leaves one servant left.” Kiritsugu answers. “Rider.”

Well the gods shit in my dinner once again.

“Well shit, we’re screwed then.” I say, leaning back in my chair. “Reiner hated me before it was the cool thing to do. Now with Morgan, Hiro, Justice and everyone we have everyone out for us too.”

“Babe, he may be a magus but he’s not a monster in human form like your father. Think.” Yorkie glances through my attitude with no effort. Yorkie isn't just a pretty face, I almost forget it with her attitude sometimes but I of all people should know that is far from the truth. I remember our fight that Reiner and I had in the temple, and I remember his last words to me.

“I hate you, but I understand you now. Handicapped and with a chip on your shoulder, you push down all the walls in front of you, pushing back on everyone that pushes you down.”

“Maybe I could iron things out perhaps. Our last words were as equals rather than a noble and a commoner.”

“Sounds like a chance for you two to bury the hatchet” Risa says with a firm nod. “Any idea where he might be?”

Kiritsugu shook his head, “I’ve been in the loop with Risa, haven’t seen Rider or her master.”

“And what of you Miss Lancaster? Any information in that regard? You’ve been most informative thus far”

“Oh to our knowledge they’ve been hiding in nature, close to Justice and Saber. Well, Justice now.”

Nature… that makes sense for-

“Rider’s true name is Baba Yaga. Witch of the wilds. The famed supernatural being of eastern europe”

And everyone’s looking at me.

“We had lunch earlier today at the Tohsaka house, she said some words but I prioritised finding the rest of you, she liked my manners. She was there earlier today”

And I see Risa’s eyes light up with fire. “Perfect.”

So in short… an option.

Choice Time!

Continue the plan!
    Choice Time!

1. Discover the history of
    Hiro Nomikata
    2. Share potential knowledge of the powers of Morgan Blytheseel
    3. Muse on the nature of the nameless Justice
    4. Inquire about the mysterious Atsusui Kishitoba
    5. Analyse the allegiance and identity of Archer
    6. Analyse the allegiance and identity of Caster
    7. Query the existence of Assassin & Berserker
    8. Reveal that Mystic Code obtained from the Tohsaka Household
    9. Write in!

Questmaster's note
    If you vote for a servants identity discussion, giving your reasoning will be acknowledged and provide advantages
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; March 3rd, 2021 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Box formatting glitch

Blog Entries
    That was a good strategy summary and delineation of options, hmm... and it does seem like there's better ground/framing to try for the alliance. That luncheon came in handy sooner than expected!

I'm still not really sold on #2 being too fruitful, though I'll defer to others on that. If enough people go for that, I'll go on board, but it's not my first choice mhm.

I thought about querying more about Archer. Yorkie didn't ID him, but what she said does imply she knows more. But with the conclusion Rider is the best bet, any intel would probably only be useful as an enemy.

I'm kind of tempted by #1, actually.

Seigi knows more about Hiro's machinations than he used to, but between Kerry and Yorkie, there's good sources of planning/intel for one of the biggest knowable dangers.

#1?

Signature by fumato

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by SleepMode; March 3rd, 2021 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Changed After Deliberation
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

9. Have everyone divulge all the relevant information they have about Hiro and discuss it
    Last edited by Alax1991; March 3rd, 2021 at 03:06 PM.

Blog Entries

JP Friend Code

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    9. Have everyone divulge all the relevant information they have about Hiro and discuss it

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Assuming that the current proposed option for 9 includes what we'd learn by choosing 1....

I will go with the currently proposed 9.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Day 09
    Night Phase - 04
    Fuyuki City - Emiya Residence

That settles things, after we leave we will make a beeline for the Tohsaka… or rather, what remains of the Tohsaka compound. Find Reiner, Rider and their blood-battle-butler and proceed to boot-lick enough that they take pity on us.

That said, I have a few things I want to query that was brought up, Caster is a divine combat proficient user of either Runes or Hieroglyphs as a foundation. Archer is a bowman with connections to Babylon apparently? However- all this was orchestrated by one man.

“Hiro Nomikata masterminded all of this, what does everyone know about him?”

Lukas gives me a questionable look, surprised to hear me asking for information.

“Oh? Do you not know much about the man who raised you?” he asks me in confusion.

I just shake my head.

“I’ve been living completely independent of him for a few years, even when we lived in the same house he was never around. I’ve been walking myself to and from school since I was a little tike, blazes I even remember learning how to cook microwave meals when I was five because I was hungry all the time. The only time he was present was to teach me rudimentary magecraft and guide me into alchemy. Fuck I don’t even remember the last time I saw him as much as smile in my direction.”

I catch myself before I turn this into a therapy session.

All I know about him as a person is that he’s good at what he does, the Clock Tower has it out for him but is all passive aggressive about it and he’s as apparently as old as Jesus’ first fart even though he looks 50 or 60 tops. His magecraft… he got me onto alchemy and he made-”

I tap my chest.

“So his magecraft fucks with people’s very souls. That’s my conclusion. On a totally unrelated side note he works out a lot, his weightlifting and sprinting is at the level of an Olympic athlete, even without magecraft assisting him.”

“Mhn,” Risa gives a nod and taps on the table to politely bring attention to her, “It’s probably one of the reasons he lasted so long.”

Not wasting a second, the brilliant woman takes another step forward.

“Everyone here knows my ‘ahem’ birth family used to be with Yggdmillenia. I used to be one of Darnic’s favourites, now it’s common knowledge at Clock Tower but Lukas and Kiritsugu may not know this, before Darnic was killed in the Great Holy Grail War in Trifas three years ago, he had fused his soul with an infant's to acquire longevity. In fact over the previous 60 years he’d done that a total of three times. Secret is that back in World War 2, Hiro helped Darnic to create that spell back after he defected from the Nazi’s.”

That actually throws me for a bit.

“Hiro was in league with the Nazis?”

“Nah. Not quite, Seigi.” Yorkie points out. “I’d heard from Morgan he only did that with Darnic after the latter stabbed them in the back. He actually hated the Nazi’s, during the 40’s he went on an enthusiastic walk around the european countryside killing anything that wore a swastika.”

Huh, I guess even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

“Don’t get me wrong though, it was for selfish personal reasons though - he tried to assassinate Karl Wiligut at some point from what I heard. It was around that time he got his Noble Phantasms.”

“Excuse my french but what the bloody hell? He has a mother fucking Noble Phantasm?!

Risa does not react, just mentally taking down notes as Yorkie divulges information.

“He loaned it to Morgan once or twice, giant flaming sword. It’s got two layers of seals on it - one to preserve the mystery in the age of man to prevent conceptual degradation and maintain power, the other is to stop it trying to kill Hiro whenever he uses it. Every time I’ve tried to figure out what it is, something catches my attention so now’s the ideal time.”

“There are a couple of flaming swords in myth and legend…” Kiritsugu murmurs to himself.

“Not many that try and harm the user though.” Lukas notes.

And… I don’t know if Risa saw but when Morgan held her and Lancer in those weird chains… it hurt Lancer just as much despite her being far stronger than either of us. That must be a unique property...

Either way, that sword is evil.

Urgent! Decisive Choice!

Name the blade! A reward will be a complete wise up of the weapon allowing you to take advantage of its strengths and weaknesses.

“... So Yorkie.” I continue, swallowing a lump growing in my throat. “Does my dad have any other superweapons just like, casually hidden away?”

“Outside of a Berserker servant he has sealed away as well as whatever his soul magic is, he has two phantasmal beasts contracted to him he keeps stored in an imaginary space within his body. I know one he got something to do with the WIld Hunt once. The other though is his favourite... it’s the Black Dog.”

And she tells us about the beast.

Wise Up!

Wise Up!
    Black Dog
    Specter of Death
    As a magus who held domain over the soul, Hiro was familiar with deities of the underworld and the ever present stalwart canine guardian, Kérberos in this current land, Garmr to the north his favoured contracted Phantasmal is The Black Dog. A demonic entity found primarily in the folklore of the British Isles, often said to be associated with the Devil of abrahamic religions or described as a ghost or supernatural hellhound. Its appearance was regarded as a portent of death.

Said to be forged from the souls of sinners, they devour the soul of their prey for sustenance and strength. When devouring humans they can only be harmed by conceptual weaponry and magecraft rather than mundane modern weaponry, when consuming a magus they can only be destroyed by a superior mystery to that which they have consumed. In addition as a conceptualised death it can install the concept in which it attacks, ignoring traits like regeneration as long as it lives and even causing inanimate objects to ‘die’ and decay if bitten.

It’s favourite snack that is not strictly for sustenance is honey glazed bacon.

At this point Kiritsugu looks to all of us, his voice is grimmer - losing some of the parental warmth and revealing a more experienced tone. “With that phantasmal a straight up fight is out of the question, especially in close range where it holds the advantage. I only have one weapon that can work, what about you two girls. Think your magecraft could work?”
    They nod, he doesn’t even address me though. It makes sense, my preferred tactic is to apply my destructive alchemy with my bare hands - if I get close it might just eat me. Yeah, Lukas and I should just scarper on sight if we come across that.

“Anything else we should know about Hiro in terms of experience? He’s been around since World War II after all-”

“World War I actually.” Lukas of all people says. He drops this with utter nonchalance as if this was common knowledge.

“Come now, I host a cafe that caters to the twilit world. People gossip. I could say a lot in that regard if we’re talking about earlier life matters; he’s been around since the end of the 19th century, started education in Clock Tower around 1910 at the age of fourteen, got drafted into World War I at the age of eighteen, killed magi working for the German Empire on the front lines and rumour says he almost died after a Mustard Gas attack in the trenches.”

Gas attacks. I think those break a humanitarian law but that could be something to use against Hiro, even if it’s just psychological injuries. None of my spells are life that though, I’ll have to pull something out of my arse and see how that works…

I feel bad for even thinking that. Lukas however is not done dishing the dish like a bish.

“After the war he met up with… some ‘snake’ who I assume to be Risa’s former pseudo-grandfather Darnic. He ended up at least a Pride in terms of magical ranking but Hiro much like Kiritsugu has Japanese heritage despite much like Seigi, it is mixed. The Clock Tower’s disdain for people who oppose their power structures and eastern influences in general mean that most people treat him as less, or simply are not told. This is likely why he is not of a Brand like Rufleus Nuada-Re Eulyphis or the late Kayneth El-Melloi Archibald. He also later graduated from Oxford University with degrees in Classics & Ancient History. He dropped out of his law degree apparently.”

Kiritsugu pauses for a few moments, looking off into the distance in thought.

“Those names…” He takes a sip of coffee and strokes his chin. “Are Clock Tower lords.”

“Quite so, good sir. I know not the depth of his resources but out of all the maligned talk of the man who is far from popular with the nobility, these words hold truth.”

“It makes sense, if he’s lived this long, fought for so long and gathered up phantasmal familiars and Noble Phantasms of his own then it would make sense he’s on the level of a lord despite his circuitry not holding up.”

“If I might make a suggestion, that might not be the case,” I raise my voice to give rather than just receive, as I have an awful thought. “It is known that the Magical Circuits of the body are like a second nervous system. After all Magic Circuits reside within the Magus’s Soul, and what is found on the body is just a physical expression of them that stretches itself throughout the body in a fashion similar to the nervous system.”
    “So,” I continue. “If like Yorkie says, he has some place to store Phantasmals when he’s not using them… and if his manipulation of the soul includes being able to devour them like Darnic does… he’s had a century to strip people for parts.”

I see everyone’s skin go paler a few shades. In all but name we really are up against a crownless king of sorts. One who worked for the power, strong, smart and wise enough to pull this off...

“I hate to be the bearer of bad news… but anything else to say?”

This time it is Kiritsugu’s chance to voice himself.

“Ever hear of Typhon Lodge?”

Risa raises a finger, pauses for a moment processing this “You mean the independent capitalist Zoology magecraft group more concerned with publicity and money than the fundamental goal of all magi?” she voices.

“Back in the 90’s that was the case. It is a giant multinational conglomerate. The syndicate includes multiple tech and entertainment companies, a broadcasting network, newspapers, theme parks, at least one university as well as a private military company and smaller organisations built for the purposes of holding blackmail on political leaders and tax evasion.”

“You sure you didn’t miss anything there Kiritsugu?” she asks again.

Yorkie however gives her a little pat on the shoulder.

“Nope, that’s pretty accurate from what I’ve heard.”

“The mercenary is right.” voices the older noir dressed gentleman. “I do not know how but the bloodline leader was killed around fifteen years ago, ruled by a new CEO who manages it without revealing his true identity. I believe that to be Hiro.”

I slam my fist on the table “So my dad’s a billionaire ‘one percenter’ and I raised myself on store-bought lasagna in a crappy London estate? Bastard!”

Wait, I just interrupted someone. That was awful rude and ungentlemanly of me. I realign my posture as a dignified magus should.

“I am sorry, please continue.”

“Anyways. Typhon Lodge is now something of a global crime organisation now. Recent information from what I was able to gather from a compound Hiro set up in a raid where we were originally to rescue Seigi”

He gestures to me.

“Before he and his sister busted themselves out.”

Ah. He did his reading while he was there.

“The Lodge was reorganised after Hiro took control. He killed anyone he deemed not viable to his own needs or who were not loyal. Currently it consists of 150 agents and operators organised into different cells, thanks to its fronts, owned legitimate businesses and private contributors, the conglomerate has a reliable income of billions per year. Each of these cells is given funding for their designated tasks - they work in isolation and cannot recognise each other to minimise secret collaboration that Hiro doesn’t know about.”

And Hiro’s anti-work union on top of everything else now the status quo benefits him.

“In addition, each cell’s agents are led by a single operator. This one is evidently commanded by Hiro himself. There never seem to be more than a dozen cells operational at any given time, Hiro is the sort of management that likes direct oversight - too many at once hinder the ability to multitask.”

“So… in short he’s a control freak?” Risa asks.

“Down to the very core, that is however everything I can think of.”

So in summary, a Noble Phantasm, two Phantasmal familiars, an abundance of Magic Circuits, a billionaires amount of resources. However, he needs to control everything - if we disrupt that we throw everything out of shape and some techniques can throw him off his game and let us get a shot in if we get to him… if we get to him. This is not a fight one person can win alone.

I withhold the urge to let out a desolate sigh, I think fighting a servant might be easier… I cannot give up, I will not give up. That would be a betrayal of everyone fighting along my side. I will find the strength and take that monster down.

Urgent! Decisive Choice!

Continue the plan! One remains!

1. Share potential knowledge of the powers of Morgan Blytheseel
    2. Muse on the nature of the nameless Justice
    3. Inquire about the mysterious Atsusui Kishitoba
    4. Analyse the allegiance and identity of Archer & Caster
    5. Query the existence of Assassin & Berserker
    6. Reveal that Mystic Code obtained from the Tohsaka Household
    7. Write in!
    Questmaster's note
    If you vote for a Servants identity discussion, giving your reasoning will be acknowledged and provide advantages

Not sure on which option to choose next but as for guessing the sword's name (and Zikari got it first !) : Dyrnwyn.

The sword would try to kill Hiro because he draws it for unworthy purposes since well, he's probably unable to have any kind of worthy purpose these days.
    The fact that it's British fits with what we know of Hiro's personal arsenal... same for the sword being used to slay "the lord of the death" considering what his magecraft proejcts are / that he enjoys omens of death as his familiars hmm.
    And it being a flaming sword does make it a more probable case than other well-known cursed like Tyrfing.

So know there that a vote for Dyrnwyn ​is a vote against Hiro's survival !