Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 848535657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1224

Thread: Quest of Fate - Apocrypha Universe Grail War

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I propose Hiro's sword is Dyrnwyn, Rhydderch Hael's sword; it could burst into flames, but killed anyone who wasn't Rhydderch himself.

As for my choice, I pick 4 for now, but I could switch to 6.

- - - Updated - - -

Damn those French snipers. :-P

+1 on the sword Dyrnwyn. As for the choice, I’m going for a write in:

7. After being told of the follies of my decision, I am changing it to Luna’s decision. Morgan is going to be a problem, and if things are going to way I think they will, they are likely one of the final couple bosses. We need to know as much about them as possible
    Last edited by Alax1991; March 11th, 2021 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Damn those French snipers. :-P

屍鬼 Ghoul
    The sword's name is Dyrnwyn.

As for the decisive choice.... I will also be going for a write-in. HOWEVER. My write-in is: Share everything known about Morgan. Powers, background, motivations, etc. Yorkie worked alongside them, she may know things that we don't. The more we know about Morgan, the better, regardless of what ends up happening to them in the future. Who knows, maybe we'll find out something that could turn them (and all their Servants) to our side.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mystery Sword Name: Dyrnwyn

Giving 6 a try
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

As for my actual vote I'm going for 6., it does seem like the hm... most pressing matters out of all of those that are still there.

Well, since it seems 4 doesn't have much support behind it, I'll switch to my second choice, 6.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Over 1500 years ago
    Britain

[BGM]

The sky was veiled in darkness, whether it was the curtain of night or blocked out from the soot and cinder, I knew not… nor did I care. The world was dark here, the only light was my holy flames as we marched over the corpses of the fallen, burning the meat, burning the fields, all to rout out him. Soon we would find him, the High-King, my destiny… my quest of fate was near its end.

“I will tear your heads... from their shoulders…”

The horn sounded and I emerged from the darkness to the battlefield, my fires lighting the way and revealing my presence to all who would dare gaze upon their executor. Soldiers were scrambling, some charging, some fleeing, it mattered not. Soon we would kill every single last one of them. All that mattered was the number streaming out with lack of either weapon or armour, all of whom assailed by panic of our conquest.

“Pathetic, where are your so-called ‘Gods’ now?”

I waded over the earth and the meat. That demon’s men were first to try and clash against my own. A flurry of swords, axe and shield. They fought with foolishness as I approached, called out my name and my blade set alight. Whatever veil of valour they wore across their faces turned to abject horror as the looked up and recognised their fate-

Bravery abandoned them as my sword cleaved through blood, bone and armour in a single swing. Their meat falls and I keep marching.

Some child scrambled from a hovel, screamed when it saw me and fled up the field where a man of white robe and hair, no, not a man, a demon wearing human skin. I shout back and my reinforcements from the Church stomp from the ashes and surround me from one horizon to the other, interlocking shields to form an impenetrable wall that no mundane weapon could pierce.

My force under my direct command was one hundred strong and against us stood the army, the whole army of the demon and the High-King, though in a panicked order. Numbers here mattered not, for each warrior at my side was worth a dozen of their best, but now the grit would come as I sheathed my trusted blade and pulled out a short sword from the corpse of a fallen foe to use for my own.

A shield wall, truly a horrible place. It is not a place of honour, two forces hacking and slashing like butchers cleaving a pig carcass than a knight's glorious battle. They never sing tales about the stench, the sweat or the fact you soiled yourself when you died.

Behind us is the burning land and to the front was the demon’s forces charging in a vengeful frenzy and that was their undoing, there was no focus to the passion, instead rushing in like mad dogs intent on just killing us. I could watch as a huge mass of muscle shaped like a man, scar faced and spittle flying from its mouth. All I felt as I assessed the situation was the battle-calm and the knowledge that I would enjoy what was about to happen.

I has been tired, I had not slept or ate in a long time, I was hot, yet I was invincible, any semblance of fear or nerves left in the battle calm and all is clear as precious crystal and the meat has no chance because it is slow and it is stupid as I swept my guard to bat aside its poor bladed thrust and drove the pilfered short-sword into the plated armour and through into the rippling belly, the impact ran up my arm as I twisted the blade and ripped it free, sawing through it all and its blood was warm on my hand as it fell.

“In the end you’re all just meat.”

A second one was to my right, clawing at my neighbour and it was an even easier kill, a single thrust of the weapon to the side of the neck and then we were going forward. A third, a woman this time tried to rush with a glaive, I kicked forward into the gut and smashed the face with the pommel of the blade with brutality so it fell back face first into a dying fire. I did not hear screams of pain as it was soon silenced with my boot crushing its skull as I marched forward.

Just meat, not people.

I dropped the shortened blade and pulled forth my blazing sword once more. This was not a fight, it was to be a slaughter. I would have called it a battle but it felt like going through the motions. They charged, they fell, they ran, we charged, we marched over them.

"Purge them all."

I called out for the High-King, his infernal bride, the demon, all of them! This was supposed to be the end of our tale! The day I rid myself of my ‘so-called friends’ yet all they do is hide behind their toy soldiers… Are they afraid to dirty their own precious dainty pure hands still! After everything we’ve been through together, after every battle I’ve thought along their side for the sake of this land, do my actions now not warrant their hatred! Did I mean that little to them!

So weak, so pathetic! I hate them… I hate them all!

Yes, hatred. That’s what drives me, that must be what I really am!

But what could make me such a hate-filled wretch…

None other than,

Him...

"There he is, after all this time he still just gives that beautiful smile... I hate that, How can you smile even now when I’ve burned your whole kingdom to ash? Did it not matter? How can you smile after I, your only friend who was a human, betrayed you? Do you truly detest us all?”

I spit at the ground and lock eyes with him across this burning wasteland I’ve made out of his land, his home. Yet even now he looks as inhuman and ethereal as ever. So damned peaceful and beautiful and perfect...

After all I’ve done, does he not understand? Is that it? The perfect High-King is simply too great and does not understand the heart of humans?

Of course not, because he is not one of us.

Hatred
    No.

Hatred
    No, no no no no no no no.

That… must be it. He is too great, he doesn’t understand, therefore he does not care.

Hatred

So pathetic, weak of will and resolve to even try and understand those around him. Dragging us all down into a gilded cage sold with a pretty smile. You are nothing but a burden upon me, upon all of us!

And now I call out to the planet in defiance.

“The world does not NEED YOU!"

“Ah…”

I didn't even realise I was in the midst of fighting him now. The flames have died out and now I stand alone in a crater looking down where he should be.

[BGM]

And the High-King was gone. It was not that he had died, but he was completely gone. Those jewel-like eyes and ever present smile had vanished, along with the rest of his body, There was just a flaming sword piercing the cracked open, destroyed desolate land, no body, only a black stain upon the ground.

This… doesn’t make sense.

With the fight over, I can think. I can feel. But…

I can’t feel him. I can’t hold him.

"Wait, what?" "no... it wasn't supposed to be like this it was... you weren't-!"

I almost want to laugh, this… it’s all a bad joke. A horrid, demanded gag. I needed to be beside you, you were so much stronger in the ways that matters, smarter, wiser… I was dazzled and needed to reach your side as an equal. But then you were charmed by those demons. If you could not love me like you did them, then I would force you to acknowledge me as a foe. I betrayed you and everything we had.

But you’re gone

Now I have nothing but this damned hole in my chest as I fall to my knees and bury my face in my filthy, filthy hands..

“Come back…”

Hatred

Love?
    [BGM OFF]

Day 09
    Night Phase - 04
    Fuyuki City - Emiya Residence

The images in my mind shatter like shards, the view into the past absconds, leaving me in the present. I am cursed with the burden of the knowledge.

That man I saw through the eyes of… that man I was, all the darkness and hatred like a true Berserker. That man was Seigi Nomikata in that moment and Seigi Nomikata was him. Through my connection to The Root, that which contains all human knowledge and experiences I must have felt a resolute connection to that blade.

The wielder and I are one and the same, he is the worst possible form of myself and that sword… Hiro did not corrupt it, it is twisted to the conceptual core.

Kinda like me I guess.

“Hiro’s Noble Phantasm… One of the Thirteen Treasures of the Island of Britain. Dyrnwyn.”

Wiseup!
    Dyrnwyn
    Sword that Consumes the Planet

Type: Anti-Planetary
    Range: -
    Maximum Targets: 1 Person

The Noble Phantasm of belonging to Rhydderch Hael, a Divine Construct one of the Thirteen Treasures of the Island of Britain.

Legend states that when drawn by a worthy or well-born man, the entire blade would blaze with fire. Rhydderch was never reluctant to hand the weapon to anyone, but the recipients, as soon as they had learned of its peculiar properties, always rejected the sword. In truth the Noble Phantasm functions in a similar manner, When the blade is drawn it becomes enveloped in flames, obscuring the sword itself from view much like Invisible Air. The flame is magical, dealing magical damage of the Fire element with each strike, and this damage can be resisted to varying degrees with a suitable rank in the MGI Parameter.

However, the weapon also divines the name and nature of the wielder to determine if the wielder is ‘Worthy’, primarily that the user’s alignment must be Lawful Good. If the wielder is deemed unworthy, the flame immediately turns upon the user – bypassing their defences and burning their core from the inside out. In its current state the multiple levels of sealing prevent it from trying to kill an unworthy wielder such as Hiro Nomikata and allows for the unlocking of its true power regardless of the condition.

In the hands of a ‘Worthy’ wielder, its true ability as a conceptual weapon of the church is the Rejection of Gaia and burns away Earth-derived mystery & all connection to planetary backup. Therefore; rendering Phantasmals, Divinities, Authorities and even Elemental Spirits and True Ancestors to nothing. Long ago, an avatar (extension) of the Planet was slain with this weapon, an act which brought about the end of the Age of Gods in 500AD.

It is claimed to be derived from swords with similar legends, such as Gram, "the sword of supremacy in the tree" from Northern Europe, Calburn “the sword in the stone” , and Merodach, the original model of the "legends of the swords of selection in the various lands of the world" and "the foundation of the sacred right to select the king." However, these are planetary weapons while Dyrnwyn is Anti-Planetary, so it is a closer existence as a rival in opposition to them.

Last edited by Bird of Hermes; March 21st, 2021 at 05:54 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Day 09
    Night Phase - 05

“A flaming sword that harms mystery and tries to kill an unworthy user? It has to be Dyrnwyn, one of the Thirteen Treasures of Britain and the sword of Rhydderch Hael.”

I let out my thesis conclusion and obtained the response I expected, disappointed acknowledgement. Not disappointment at me this time, but rather the situation at hand. Yorkie in particular looks more pissed than everyone else

“Well we’re fucked, no matter what with Hiro, he has every basis covered.” She lets out in a resigned huff.

“Not every basis Miss Lancaster,” Lukas remarks, his addition almost catches me by surprise as he’s been mostly quiet during this brainstorming session. “He tried to send young Lazlow to demolish the Tohsaka household and the leylines it rested upon but it doesn’t seem he was able to obtain anything from there. Apparently according to Mr Emiya, she has a pet project of sorts.”

Now that reminds me of this morning's events, the little adventure I had claiming squatters rights for a few hours… and the mystic code I sto- liberated from a rich kid who wasn’t using it. Ah who am I kidding, I broke into her house, ate her food and stole her prized possession, as if the woman needed any more reason to hate me.

“Oh you mean this?” With a loud thud, I pull out the weapon that the classy bitch Rin had wrapped up in her house. “I visited the place earlier and came across this. Sounds like this is what Lazlow and Hiro were after. It looks like an Azoth Sword, except made out of those scam healing crystals from multi-level marketing schemes.”

An Azoth Sword is a Mystic Code used as a tool for performing magecraft, amplifying the user's magical energy to assist with spells and strengthen them. Filling it with magical energy allows for it to be utilized as a magic wand at any time to form magic circles and affect physical divine mysteries. It's like the proof of adulthood for a magus, and it's like a gift you get for getting into school. My father, being who he is, never gifted one to myself.

This one is about the size of a knife and clearly custom made by a master of gem magecraft. The woman, say whatever you will about her, has never half-arsed anything in her life. This mystic code clearly is built upon some sort of foundation. My knowledge of alchemy is not complete but I know this isn’t something based on the works of Nicholas Flamel or Paracelsus. This is clearly not a philosopher's stone or a product of the Magum Opus form.

“Know what this is?“ I ask. “Whatever this nonsense is, it’s not any form of reputable alchemy, or even what I pass for alchemy on my worst days.”

Lukas shakes his head, his area of expertise is coffee so this is not something he’d know.

“It’s definitely not Excalibur, Caliburn, Galatine, Arondight or any of those I’d recognise that anywhere…”

Huh, is Yorkie’s foundation of illusion curses based in Arthurian Mythos or something?

Risa seems equally confused at the mystic code though.

“Not Phoenician or even Greek, not any of the classics so this is outside my area of expertise. You know Kiritsugu?”

“I was never a true magus like yourselves,” Kiritsugu responds, his expression did not waver but he did seem to sink in his chair “Besides, Rin is secretive. To me that just looks like a couple of rocks stuck together.”

I mean he’s not wrong. I’ve no doubt it’s functional but in terms of aesthetics Rin could have given this some work, a splash of red or purple… I’m distracting myself.

I furrow my brow and massage my head a little. “So, no one has knowledge on what this is?”

The silence is my answer.

“So we need an expert, and short of Madam Tohsaka the only person we can speak to on friendly terms is a servant.” Risa says, a slight tone of frustration is there but she remains calm and composed, more than the rest of us. “Caster is not tenable, therefore we need Rider and Reiner more than ever.”

The fate of myself isn’t much but the fact that the fate of those I love and care for are in the hands of a man who hates me? I feel powerless… I hate that.

Rider will still be at the Tohsaka estate, we need to do whatever it takes to secure an alliance with her tonight or we are all dead. Firepower, knowledge, we need her for everything.

I can feel the cool tension in the room as all of us look to each other, unsure of what to say. I’m certain my own body language is saying enough. However- the silence is cut by a sudden mechanical ringing! Kiritsugu, he has one of those mobile phone things. I thought they had to be plugged in as landlines?

The man switches to Japanese and speaks so hurriedly decipher it, nor can I can’t ask someone to translate. His face turns to confusion before it contorts into disgust, then into abject horror.

“Iri! Illya!” He does not even finish the conversation as he drops the phone to the table, left in a cold sweat and sprints right out of the room.

“I…” I can’t finish my sentence.

Lukas turns to us with a look of worry burdened across him. “Irisveil and Illyasviel were the names of his wife and daughter. His dead wife and daughter.”

And in perfect irony, we all feel a disturbance from a bounded field. A dull noise and low rumble of magical means. It activates like a baby alarm, as if to say something is fundamentally wrong somewhere else.

A bounded field topographic type of Magecraft that consists in knitting a network of magical energy and spreading it on a base area, such as a piece of land or a building, to create a mystic boundary line that separates the inside from the outside. Kiritsugu, the owner of this land felt the disturbance first.

“But if the two in question have already passed then why would there be an alarm concerning them unless it’s about… their graves.” I stutter out the last bit as realisation dawns on me.

Hiro you motherfucker.

Yorkie makes a grab for the phone.

“There’s over 50 texts and missed calls from Rin and this Shirou. They’re en route to Fuyuki by plane. Rin must have felt her manor get destroyed by Lazlow.”

Why would Hiro be digging up their corpses? He’d know all the shit he’s pulling would get the alarms of-

Unless…

Oh no.

“Hiro’s going to try and assassinate Rin and the Emiya family tonight,” I address the group “He’s luring them into a trap.”

DANGER! FATAL DECISION!

The trio is too weak to split apart and Lukas has no combat capability so cannot join.

1) Go to the Fuyuki Church and investigate the disturbance in the graveyard.
    (You may lose your only chanceto gain the knowledge and power you need to save Lancer and stop the war. This might be a part of Hiro's plan to lure you in anyways)
    2) Go to the Tohsaka Residence and broker an alliance with Rider & Reiner
    (Kiritsugu will face Hiro Nomikata alone and may not survive, you do not know if the duo will agree to aid you anyways)

屍鬼 Ghoul
    Hermes, my dear friend. My dearest co-conspirator. Enabler of my bullshit and fellow degenerate. I love you so much, and I consider you truly one of my most beloved friends. But I'm going to kill you in your sleep and string your entrails up like Christmas lights as a warning to others. Be ready for me, okay?

Anyway, as much as I want to avoid a possible trap and get the knowledge and alliance we need to save Lancer... I don't think Seigi could live with himself if he let Kiritsugu go alone. I don't think I could live with myself if we let him die, especially after all he's done for us. And who knows, maybe by helping here, we can get Rin and Shirou on our side. Sure, it's not a Servant, but those two are nothing to scoff at, and Rin can possibly explain the sword to us.

Also, Seigi doesn't know this, but we the readers do. According to Hiro, back on page 49, Archer's skillset is a direct counter to Rider. Having her help might not be as advantageous as we think in the long run.

And on another note... who knows, maybe all the noise and ruckus we make at the graveyard will attract Rider and Reiner's attention. Only one way to find out.

I choose 1. Let's go investigate the graveyard with Kiritsugu.

Edit: I can't do it. I can't fucking do it, I can't abandon Lancer. I'm so fucking sorry Kerry but everyone else is right, we have to try to save Lancer and we have to try to end this war. 2
    Last edited by Lunasilverhart; April 6th, 2021 at 04:58 PM.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ​1
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Last edited by Spartacus; April 4th, 2021 at 05:34 AM.

2. Between saving Lancer who's been Seigi's loyal and loving companion since she was summoned and Kiritsugu who headpatted him once well - that's not really a choice for me !

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Japan Airspace
    A little too close to Fuyuki
    Not too long ago...

[BGM]

The plane ride was pleasant enough as such trips could be. The leg space was tolerable, the in-flight movie was a somewhat enjoyable distraction, there were no screaming babies and all the passengers had a grasp of basic hygiene and decorum. All in all she could not complain, however that did little to calm the nerves of Rin Tohsaka.

As the current owner of Fuyuki and head of the Tohsaka family, she was tied between her responsibilities to oversee her domain in Japan as well as managing the political jungle of the Clock Tower’s base in England’s capital city, London.

She spent the majority of her time in her city, so naturally this incident would occur while she was away. Luvia, of course, being Luvia after all, teased her to no end. Even now she could hear the infuriating laugh of her rival.

Their current arrangement was that of convenience. They would accompany each other in public, dine together and visit areas of public interest together. All in all to the uninitiated it would appear as though they were dating. The humiliation of Rin Tohsaka as Luvia’s little ‘pet’ was eternal. However it allowed for the Tohsaka finances to return to stability and allowed both women to hide their actual love affairs.

“I can’t believe she paraded me around all of London tied at her hip.” The new matriarch grumbled to herself. ““Everyone will think I'm some lonely tart, especially after that other redhead at that ball a few years ago when Sakura and I got into that fight… Oh no, ‘Lonely Tart’? I’m even beginning to sound like those gossips at the Clock Tower, as if their trials and terrible cuisine wasn’t enough.”

“Now now Tohsaka. I don’t think so, I love you for who you are not what you are. And frankly what you are is a wonderful person though and through.”

Shirou Emiya, Rin Tohsaka’s best friend, student and lover who was sitting next to her on the plane ride, had a tendency to disagree with Rin when she began to belittle herself. Much to her ire and his own pain as she began a barrage of weak battering against his arm.

“DON’T DROP SOMETHING SO SWEET LIKE THAT NOW OF ALL PLACES!!”

Shirou clutched his arm in mock agony, he was never open and dramatic with public displays of affection but he made sure to always provide when it was just the two of them alone or when Rin began a spiral of self-depreciation. She still didn’t seem used to genuine constant positive responses.

“Anyways, it’s all the more reason to take a break from Clock Tower and go home for a few months.” Shirou continued, giving Rin a pat on the head. “That small alert from the Tohsaka estate might be a false alarm but as your connection to the building died a few days ago it might be a curse from some old rich nobles to mess with you.”

That was a possible theory that Rin herself had noted when the duo first got the instantaneous alert. Despite being an innovative genius and prodigy if she didn’t say so herself, Clock Tower was still very western centric with some anti-eastern sensibilities. This meant that no matter what there were going to be people who hated her on principle because their grandfather’s grandfather married his own cousin in the ‘correct’ country and the fact they had a wooden plank a historical figure may have glanced at made them better than everyone else.

“Damned old money, I hope they slip in their pools and break something.” Shirou continued. “It’s probably the case. I can’t think of a single magus who would level the whole place overnight. No one short of a Lord with their power and resources would do that.”

She sat in silence for a few seconds in thought before she responded.

“And you picked that to return home in?” Rin quickly changed the subject as she began a list of furious mental calculations as Shirou’s commentary quickly gave her a prompt.

“... It was a gift from Taiga and her family.”

“You look like a yakuza debt collector.”

“... They are yakuza though.”

“Yes they are… It’s “Strange that we couldn’t get through to Kiritsugu.”

“He’s better with technology than you, he would have responded… Maybe something is up.”

With that, the heads up display gave the signal for the two to sit tight and buckle up as an automated message in their native tongue began.

We will be beginning our descent shortly. Thank you for flying with Typhon Airlines.

The Root
    Outside conventional Space-Time

[BGM]

For the first time in nineteen years, Aoi Nomikata was cut away from her brother, her vessel, her anchor. She could not see nor feel the world through his eyes. She could not feel the touch of another. Instead, she is seated at the bottom of an ocean of mystery. Her “real” home. The place she had resided in solitude for decades of interrupted sleep.

She could not understand, first there was finally embracing everyone for the first time only for them to be snatched away by what appeared to be a short and exceptionally busty woman before being blasted by a wave of golden divine radiance, Melam. Then everyone was gone.

The connection was there, but static. She could not see what was happening, she could not help-!

This couldn’t be! She was supposed to be the strongest one there is! And… Right now, at this moment, she was the only one there was.

And she was cold.

What’s the point of power while living like this after all? Unable to help others, when you simply ‘existed’. She was trapped once again, just like all those decades ago when she had her neck snapped by her own father as a five year old.

It would have been all too easy to curl up into a ball and give up. But in the cruellest twist of fate, the ultimate life form’s solitude would be alleviated. A light formed, one that was neither bright or warm and approached as it began to take shape in a form that haunted Aoi’s memories.

“No…”

Long hair that was shaped into a braid-

“No-!”

An hourglass figure that demanded attention and recognition, but far taller than one recalled.”

“NOT YOU!”

And a face all too familiar.

“YOU KILLED ME!”

“滅殺: Messatsu!”

Conceptual annihilation.

When that foolish child played the hero trying to fight her, Aoi Nomikata erased his tool from existence. ‘The Deck’ was a trivial thing carried by a
    God’s Holder
    Tradition Carrier
    , it was the origin of all cards, the embodiment of the very concept of cards, it acts as a catalyst that immensely amplifies any spell with the power of the Age of Gods. It’s wielder allowed his magecraft to be anything he desired it to be. A mystery perfectly preserved for millenia.

It was a simple matter to erase it from existence, not just the physical cards but the concept of card-based magecraft. It began with The Deck and would take a year or so to completely unfurl but one attack Aoi had erased an entire form of magecraft.

And now she was going to use this power to kill the person she just saw.

An almighty surge of power is sent out to meet it. Pure white light clashes with the figure unraveling and consuming it entirely.

The figure is torn asunder and the pieces dissolve in the bright light, after all it was a power greater than the Age of Gods. A miracle that surpasses anything and everything in history. And the one who wields it is none other than her, the strongest possible being in all of time.

The tinge of despondency from the voice was not insignificant and there is a change in both the aura and the air alike. Aoi lets it fellow through her as a cold matronly voice calls out.

“My dear, I am not your mother.”

The radiance, which had previously held to the vague shape of a human now stood the woman, dwarfing her in stature. With no company other than this stranger who wore the face of Rei Nomikata in alien clothing.

“Haaah…”

This woman gave a slow, deep and deliberate breath. She was not so intelligent to change, there was no hidden release of power or pressure. Instead what was already there was no longer being concealed. It was as natural as a shrug, the veil had been lifted.

Even Aoi, who had dismantled mystery from the Age of Gods, could almost flinch at this woman. Almost. The pressure was thick with an oppressive atmosphere that seemed to be generated by this stranger’s entire being. It was a well rehearsed aura of domination that could not be considered to be merely ‘human’ but yet how could it be anything but?

Indeed. With no other company than the remote manifestation of the servant, Aoi let go.

Of course the assault did not work, Aoi had tried to destroy Rei, she died the day Seigi was born and Aoi had the chains loosened. But now Aoi recognised the differences, the woman she knew in her past was far shorter than this colossal woman and Rei’s hair had been black and not a blonde that was almost green.

But something was erased beyond belief nonetheless.

“Then who are you?” Aoi called out to the statuesque woman. She would not bend to this woman, she would never be broken again

“You may call me Berserker.” The woman responded, now far closer than she was to Aoi previously, reaching out to stroke Aoi’s cheekbones and holding them against her for just a bated breath. A ministration that from a beautiful woman that made Aoi want to buckle, he’d felt the sensation of touch before but it was always Seigi’s skin and not her body or intent towards herself, the skin was so soft and warm... It was a feeling she could get drunk on. “Such a good girl, now come sit with me. You will return to your family shortly and here we have nothing but time.”

There was a layers cool authority in the voice that almost compelled Aoi, no mystery could create such a power, this was simply force of personality. And she did not ask.

“Now, sweet girl, beautiful girl, come by my side. I know you have been wronged, your whole spirit calls out for vengeance even though you bury it so, now how about we change that?”

Last edited by Bird of Hermes; April 19th, 2021 at 04:48 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Tohsaka Household
    Fuyuki
    A few minutes ago

[BGM]

“My lord…”

The loyal butler to the Corvella family stood a few feet behind his master as they had walked from the den that Rider had constructed, across the cool empty city streets with wind howling through the dead concrete jungle. The duo were to regroup with Rider as the one who called himself Justice had lost his servant and departed them.

“Justice is going to die tonight.”

The words of the one man that Reiner trusted with his life caused him to stop for a moment. Corrin could not see his eyes the colour of the deep ocean one could get lost in or read his facial expressions to see a trademarked confidence smirk, but Corrin did not need to see anything to know Reiner was not smiling. He also knew Reiner well enough to know what his lord was thinking.

It did not surprise him when he started walking again after five seconds. Reiner would not discuss the topic, which customary to their tradition was a signal for Corrin to speak freely.

“We both saw that worms made up a good portion of his body, if not possibly a majority. We both know those were Matou crest worms and they didn’t go for my-”

“Hey now.”

This slight change in the subject was however worth the interest of the young Corvella magus.

“Hey now it’s fine.” Reiner’s voice is surprisingly smooth and tender in tone. “If he and the worms so much as look at you in a way that makes you uncomfortable I’ll roast him alive.“

Corrin nodded. To be a magus was to walk with death, to know that you could die any day either from your own experimentation with the forces that made up the universe or to be killed by others for your knowledge. To survive in this world you had to be ruthless. The Corvella family were magi, that is to be true, but their exception to their cold elitism and smug superiority was the sense of love for those close to them.

The butler briefly recalled the tale of Reiner’s father, a man corny enough to legally change his name to ‘The Great Kaiser’ married a low class magus who could only cast a single spell because he had loved her his entire life. He also remembered the time Reiner set a man on fire and threw him out a window because he purposefully referred to Corrin as a ‘she’ despite previously being corrected. Some would call this statement Reiner made uncharacteristic, Corrin would argue they didn’t know Reiner well enough.

Beside ‘rin, you know our family is MORE than willing to pay for any medical expenses for such things.”

Corrin gave a warm little chuckle, Reiner was so cute when he was trying to play the supportive type.

“I know who I am and that is enough for me. Besides I know magi well enough to not trust any that do not have the Corvella name. Even then, your family has their limits-”

Reiner had never looked more offended in his whole life and that was saying something.

“I saw you try to make a croque monsieur the one week I wasn’t by your side because your parents insisted I take paid leave when I started testosterone to make sure I felt relaxed, you burned the sandwich and forgot the bechamel sauce entirely.”

“That was 6 years ago! I was 13!”

“And don’t expect me to forget how hopeless you are without me in your life.”

“Eh, w-well…” Reiner suddenly stammers, his face turning slightly red, before swiftly looking away at nothing. “Hmph, I won’t lie, you are very easy to grow accustomed to. I can’t think of anyone who would do well without you.”

“Hoh? My word, you flatter me my lord.”

The slight red turned to a hue of a squashed tomato.

“Are you a butler or a jester?!”

“I don’t make jokes, I buttle and notice things.”

Reiner let out a contented huff.

“You’re very good at your job… and you’re right Corrin. You are simply the kind of man I cannot do without.

Corrin stole a glance at Reiner’s hand as his lord turned away to continue walking at a brisker pace. It twitches involuntarily, his fingers reached out just a little, almost to reach for his own.

With the back turned, Corrin smiled once more. Reiner was right, one could not do without the other.

It would be nice to take Reiner's hand again but despite his need to be the one to lead and provide, Corrin couldn’t help but notice that despite his joking commentary with Saber, he became much more reserved around a few certain others.

Maybe when Reiner was ready to confess to Corrin, and more importantly to himself, would Corrin take up the offer.

That would have to wait, they had a dragon the summon and a war to win.

Tonight Reiner Corvella would be touching the grail with his own hands. Corrin would make it so.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; April 26th, 2021 at 05:10 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Ryuudo Temple, Mount Enzo
    Fuyuki City, Miyama Town Outskirts
    Now

[BGM]

Since the abandoned dusty temple had been claimed, the mana that flowed through the leylines felt different. It called out to Morgan Blytheseel, one of false four heavenly kings standing at the gateway in mutual silence looking over the city, Morgan after all was a vessel of the old powers, one who contained a preserved core from the Age of Gods. Any magus or divinity of at least dubious sanity would be relishing in the land calling out for them and offering power.

Morgan, despite being both, or at this moment perhaps neither was not pleased at all in the given moment. Perhaps it was the gritted teeth, the fact that the earth they had dominion over began to chip and crack at Morgan’s presence, or maybe it was just the bad vibes they were giving off. Either way everyone else could tell they were in a bad mood.

“Saber is eliminated and we’ve acquired Lancer. We just need to deal with Rider and we’ll have dominion over all servants then the Grail is all but ours.”

“Will you be happy then?” Atsusui, Morgan’s latest ally adds in a surprisingly blasé tone almost unbefitting the frail looking ginpatsu with clothes that were wearing him. “After acquiring your heretical false drinking cup?”

“Feh, never took you for the spiritual type.” Morgan grumbled as they strolled up the temple halls to get closer. “Besides, it ain’t the grail I need. I could use it to fix my problem but if I used it for that…”

They paused for a second, as if Morgan genuinely were contemplating it.

“No, just no. Anyways, what about you? Sure you don’t want the heretic cup as you put it to fix the whole hobo wizard thing you had going on?”

“I’m not spiritual for the most part, I believe there is a higher power and I know what happened at the church, the new mother often did community outreach for the homeless.'' he announces with a sour tone.”

“So this the part you turn on us?” Morgan asked.

He shook his head.

“I am aware of certain members of the church who are a part of this new world. I’ve even had a run-in with one of those particular people of the cloth in fact. Unpleasant person who used the name of God so he could be cruel.”

“So…” Morgan began to ask, “You really do just want to learn how to use your magic from Hiro?”

“I’ve been hungry and taught the joy of nourishment, I've been cold and learned the comfort of shelter. The grail? I’ve no desire for such a thing, everything else outside what I just said is more or less worthless.”

A simple, honest and direct answer. Morgan could respect that. It was also however a lie. Atsusui had a wish, why else would be chosen to be a master? The boy was so earnest in his approach so it was likely something he himself did not yet know.

As the four turned their backs on the city and walked into the grounds proper, Morgan found themselves striding beside Archer, a heroic spirit, who only a few hours had been bound to themselves with forcefully without his consent.

And after what Caster had said about their Evie earlier stung.

“For what it’s worth… I was a dick earlier, ah’m sorry.” Morgan even dropped the facade of a flawless magus to the point where a very casual dialect slipped out. The tone however was utterly deadpan

“Yer, no problem. Two of us are cool”. Archer replies without a second thought to the apology.

“Really?!” Morgan asked hesitantly, making their intent and uncertainty known.

“Yeah, ya man here is too old to be holding grudges. As long as you don’t take the last serving of meatball soup when I clearly called dibs I can shrug almost anything off. Now, I can tell you got something on your mind. I won’t pretend to know what it is or stick ma nose in it but get ya shit together before you take it out on other people again just ‘cause you ain’t happy.”

“You’re right… but please don’t bring it up again.” Morgan affirms.

“This chick burned you that bad huh?” Archer asks, right after saying he wouldn’t stick his nose in.

“I fell hard and fast Archer, we had a few adventures and years of lovemaking but I always struggled to say that word, like it was all a fantasy that could implode. Turned out to be the case, she’s the one who walked on me for her french side piece but I still love her… that fucked up or what?”

“What’s the word people use these days? Whipped?”

“You DO know I can kill you, right? Wouldn’t even be all that hard…”

“You do that, it means I win.” Archer shot back, thus solidifying the relationship ”Aaaanyways I’m an archer so ah’m gonna find a nest, snack on some good bread & cheese and read a book or somethin’. Give us a holler when ya need something big sniped.”

And with that, Archer disappeared in a puff of golden light.

Running back to his corner and ready to shoot from a distance? It seemed the Archer class really was made up of-

That train of thought was cut off as Morgan began to overhear the bickering debate between Atsusui and the now fully visible Caster.

“What were you thinking about taking on Morgan? They’re supposed to be a god and our ally on top of all that?!”

“Getting to know them, you know you can understand someone far better after exchanging blows. Besides, bullying divinities runs in the family and once you’ve punched a god in the jaw they lose a lot of their wow factor.”

“Are all the meatheads from your island like that?”

“I’d say every one without question but the truth is I’m stronger and smarter than most. Bravery and almighty prowess is potent in my blood, from mother and father alike, I will admit being a hero isn’t something you’re born with - to be a hero is to make a choice every day for the rest of your life and to live up to the standards of yourself and others.”

Caster continued, eyes widened. “Look, being a hero means a lot of things to different people. Valiant paladins who always do the right thing, stalwart defenders who exist to protect others, people who punish evildoers, and people who generally live to be liked.”

“Then what are you as a hero?”

“Why a shooting star of course!” Caster affirms with a star struck gaze and winning smile that could charm any man or woman alike. “To shine brilliantly even if just for a short while and then disappear. After all, because things are all destined to fade, does not that make a temporary transient existence all that much more special, to be born into this world and have a chance to pave your trail?”

“Then why contract to become a Heroic Spirit?” Atsusui asks, almost incredulously.

“After all, if things are beautiful because they are temporary, why are you not dead and buried?”

And in that moment the stars in Casters eyes became black holes, singularities of cold destruction that were once stars after all.

“You are quite correct, I died young. Too young.”

Not all noteworthy people could become legendary souls. Heroic Spirits are beings of a higher existence, entirely woven from the ideals of people all throughout. They are freed from the constraints of time itself and removed from the ring of reincarnation, moved to the Throne of Heroes, a place existing outside of both the World and the time axis.

Heroic Spirits are made up of those who truly existed, those only from legends, and those who were never observed at all. Those who existed had belief of their deeds gathered upon their deaths and were sublimated into beings of higher rank, while those who only existed in myths and legends were born from the gathering of those beliefs even if they didn't exist. Those who were not observed are those who made a contract of some sort with the World during their lives and subsequently became Heroic Spirits and Counter Guardians respectively after their deaths as compensation.

“When I died, few knew me, fewer mourned. However I was perceived and I was known. My all too brief legend was recorded and was kept in the hearts of humanity. That is proof of my existence and that I mattered. I did not need to forge a contract with the Counter Force despite the offer it made because I alone as a hero and a man was able to make my mark even when I was a child. Even then there was someone I wanted to see again.”

Even after over a thousand years, the Heroic Spirit remembered his last words.
    [FONT=Arial]
    “... She never taught me that.”

[FONT=verdana]“Of course, that was silly of me. I should have known better Con-”

“Caster.” Atsusui almost flinched at the firmness of the word, the servant seemed to have issues with his true name after all. “My mastery of shadow arms may make you forget but I have been called as a master of magic first and foremost. Do not forget.”

“Besides,” Caster continued with a shrug and leaving any coldness and resentment at the drop of a hat. “Lancer’s two lovers had their teeth kicked down their throats, physically and emotionally. They needed a shooting star and it’s no fun pushing down. However you called me here and I am here to serve the wish of the lost soul looking for his place in the world and you owe a debt of gratitude to the elder Nomikata therefore I will try to not punch his divine child in the face.”

“And I really want to fight the Rider's apex dragon one-on-one. I just hope Archer’s skill doesn’t take it out in a blink.”

However, past the festering chains of a temporary alliance already strained - one lone true master of the spear stood. Reality too awful to bear, she closed her eyes but rather than share treasured dreams, blissful but all too short memories of new found loved ones snatched away… Yamato Takeru, who had relearned what it was to be human had a new master and now connected to them held different dreams.

A heartbroken soul

[CENTER]
    [I]Commission by ootato470 on twitter, give them your money

“Evie?”

“The Holy
    Grail
    Corpse
    “The Anchor…”

And now she knew everything the young would-be-god knew.
    Wiseup!

Caster and Archer’s profiles have been updated.

Last edited by Bird of Hermes; May 9th, 2021 at 06:03 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries

The sun enables life. The rain grants its safe passage.

Doesn’t mean people had to like it.

It began as a whispering in the air. The day had been beautiful and the sky was like a dome of plasma-blue. The night sky was a widow’s sky, bedarkened and weeping. The clouds are churlish and kraken-cruel. It teems down in a biblical deluge, almost flooding the rivers and drowning the fields. After all the scaring upon the earth, she cried and mourned at its loss before the healing could begin.

Romania - Trifas
    2004, Shortly after the Great Holy Grail War

Hiro, adorned in black cared not for the deluge raining down upon him nor the sqealch of slippery earth beneath his feat.

Trifa was a small city north of Sighisoara, the birthplace of Vlad the Impaler, which has acted as the base of the Yggdmillennia clan since the Middle Ages. Its citadel and part of the city are surrounded by walls built to defend against the invasion of the Ottoman Turks during the Middle Ages, and they are still perfectly preserved in the modern day, dividing the city divided between the walled old city and the new city built outside the walls.

At least it used to.

The Fortress of Millennia had fallen, the Yggdmillenna clan that had tried to rival the Clock Tower in their arrogance had been destroyed with each member either dead or scattered to the seven winds. Darnic Prestone Yggdmillennia now laid in the ruins of of his cracked and despoiled castle. The famed silver snake who plundered the Greater Grail itself once upon a time now laid face down in a ditch, caked in mud with half the mass turned to ash.

Quite dead too.

The sight of the proud man so utterly humiliated in his failure was honestly quite hilarious. Hiro would have laughed at the corpse if in its few final moments it wasn’t so damned pathetic.

“Should have taken my offer Darnic, you didn’t even last a week without me! Blithering fool.”

The thing about reputation was that it took a lifetime to build and only a few moments to lose, in a short span Darnic had lost; his prized tools, his home, his clan, his grail and even life. Then again even among the likes of the silver-tongued, it is in the nature of a snake to squirm.

As he walked up to the cold body in the cold, dark, wet night, he gave a clap of his hands to beckon his associate.

"Dr. Frankenstein."

"Lord Nomikata."

A face with an air of artificial youth to it, choppy orange hair and dull blue eyes behind a twistedly happy, yet unfortunetely a genuine grin. The man bowed before Hiro who merely gave a quick shake of his head in response.

“I am not a lord, Victor, the association does not recognise me as such.”

“And I never was granted my doctorate but you give me the courtesy. What kind of man would I be if I did not give my sole superior the rightful recognition he has earned over the last century?”

The satisfaction gave pause to Hiro and a small smile, Victor Frankenstein was the most loyal agent he had but was not a boot licking sycophant like the woman who currently warmed his bed.

“Thank you doctor. Now could you give me your analysis of the body?”

“Yes my lord.”

Victor pulled out a dull red box that unfolded to reveal a large assortment of magical instruments. He then began to examine the body, applying a series of cuts, injections and other wonderful things.

“Urgh, sloppy work. Hate to see it.” Victor said to Hiro, while keeping that wide eyed glare on the body of Darnic. “He used a Command Spell to hastily force a union with a Heroic Spirit. Idiot, a Saint Graph is not something any human body can handle with exception to your Class Cards which allow for temporary safe manifestation. Furthermore the being Darnic joined with is warped beyond recognition.

“Vlad III Țepeș, Lord Impaler, son of the dragon.” Hiro stated, face unmoving at the fate of the Lancer class servant.

“Huh, that gives me a hypothesis” said Victor, taking a lick of one of the carving knives before getting back to his examinations.

“It appears that Vlad here was forced to transform into a creature of the night. Not a true dead apostle but a creature closer to Bram Stoker’s fiction.”

“Do you mean the trend of pop culture taking an undead creature of folklore, abusing and feeding on lesser man, often a representation of the predatory nature of the monarchy and wealthy bourgeoisie feeding off the work of the common man... only to turn them into parodies of themselves, pale goths to lust over and have the dangerous and intrinsically parasitic nature of them carved away?”

“Ha! Did you just joke?”

“I am capable of it. My resting expression hides the fact I can be humorous once a decade.” Hiro retorted in a voice that could not be described as anything other than dry and monotone.

“I take it you aren’t a fan of vampire romance stories?” Victor asked. “Or do you hold Ann Rice on the same level as Ayn Rand? That is to say, the worst.”

“People who delude themselves into believing that they can change monsters or refuse to believe that monsters will be anything more than what they are aren’t clever enough to recognise a red flag when it's shoved in their blind eyes.”

Hiro Nomikata knew of men, gods, heroes and monsters. Those who were plain stupid enough to blindly protect of defend the latter were always the first to be preyed upon by those same freaks of nature.

That was the way of the world. Monsters kill people, people cry for heroes to protect them, heroes rise up and slay the monsters only to be betrayed and killed by the people themselves, who then were to be slain by monsters again.

“Well that was… very graphic.” Victor if anything, only had his grin widen at that. “But I agree, those who stick their hands in a beasts mouth only have themselves to blame when it bites. I made that mistake with creating my ‘Eve’ all that time ago. Speaking off.”

Victor knelt down almost close enough to snort up the ash-like remains of the body. “This union of Darnic and the vampire that Vlad was likely forced to become without his consent. As weak as the physical union which is my specialty, there’s actually the important part. The souls, plural.”

Darnic feasted on the souls of the young, furthermore he had forced a union of Vlad III into himself. He was a vessel of souls, one that could be sculpted into an anchor.

“My lord, you recall the true goal of alchemy do you not? Particularly the Paracelsian methodology?”

It was understandable that Victor would say this, although he forged artificial humans he was not a grafter of golems. Victor first and foremost was an alchemist.

“Of course I do, I incorporate aspects of it and necromancy into my own perfected form.” the man said with a huff.

“Amuse me then, you’re the most intelligent and realist of a person I know - you’re the one person I trust to give me a worthwhile answer.”

Hiro knew Victor was playing him, but he was a good soldier and ally.

“Creating The Magnum Opus. The ‘Great Work’. Reconciling the chaos of the world. The result is not greeting gold or elixirs but unification of spirit - a body both male and female. Even halfway across the world the ancient sumerians cast statues of transgender and intersex persons, in some faiths a cross or union is said to be closer to godliness. But this is not enough, multiple bodies, multiple souls in one. The Rebis - the end product, the perfect human, the Ultimate Life Form is that which opens the pathway to The Root.”
    Victor nodded.

“My ‘Eve’ was nothing but a pale imitation of your children, both the young god and the true human. Your masterpieces are my wildest dreams perfected. Even those clones I forged of your birth son, though superior in body have no soul to speak of.”

“Now, now Victor, the D.O.L.L Units are perfect for their role within my vision. Fearless, unfeeling soldiers make for the perfect agents.”

Victor’s smile softened and was almost warm.

“Apologies sir, I got sidetracked. Anyways, the souls that rested within Darnic have been blended together with the warped servant. It’s all trash.”

A look of confusion almost struck Hiro’s guise as he looked down on the man.

“Blended?”

“See, I visualise your work like Arachne, a spiritual weaving of threads together creating a greater whole while still distinct. Meanwhile there’s no sense of individuality in this ashheap, no artistry. It will take time but we can repair the damage and move the unholy corpse to one of your asian compounds.”

Comparing Hiro to mortals who surpassed a deity? Victor Frankenstein knew his employer well.

“How long will it take?” Hiro asked

“At least a year, maybe even two.”

“You know you’re not the only alchemist in my employ.”

“Three then.

“I was not making another joke.”

“And neither was I sir. Do you want a professional to do it properly with care and finesse? Or would you rather those furry capitalists do a hack job?”

Victor… did have a point.

Hiro let out a gruff sigh of resentment to Victor before an almost resentful nod before he barked his order. “Make sure not a single cell of the body is replaced, it must remain preserved. The souls I believe I will handle myself in a collaboration with you, it is likely they’re in this state because of the servant indeed.

Victor cocked an eyebrow of curiosity at Hiro.

“Shall we exorcise him? He could be a key asset to your card collection~”

Hiro bit his lip for a second thinking about that. He possessed an Assassin card, one of the Hassan-i-Sabbath that while certainly gifted, did not align with his own combat methodology, his Berserker servant… was in many ways the perfect woman in regards to what he desired from her as a heroic spirit. As for his most favourite trump cards, the true phantasmal beasts he kept locked away and his own card…

Hiro turned his back and raised his hand and looked at his palm as he activated his magic circuits.

A roaring flame, Drynwyn piercing through his torso, the feeling of sulfur in his lungs as his blood ran free like fire.

All suitable activation switches for his magical circuits come alive. And so, Hiro’s hand began to shine white like stardust. Albedo - The Whiteness. Purification and ’bringing light and clarity to the prima materia’, ideally good for removal of the effects of curses and indeed even exorcism.

But-

He did not require the usage of Lord Impaler in that regard. Hiro could set the good man free and let him indulge his final rest.

“No, leave him. I have no doubt that Vlad is more than carrying his weight in regards to the worth of the souls in there but his essence could prove to be key. After all, do you remember The Ship of Theseus?”

But since in the last 50 years had Hiro Nomikata ever acted in anyone's interest but his own?

“... You know I can’t stand identity metaphysics.”

“If you replace every part of a person, their body, their mind, their soul, are they the same person? Removing him could unfortunately jeopardise everything. After all after all these centuries are you even Vict-”

“FINE!” Victor loudly snapped, a sore subject had been stepped on and here his patience was short. “We will do this together. However the Mother-Daughter unit seems to have been stolen away by the Master of Saber, what was his name… Kerry Amanda?”

Hiro actually snickered at that as he turned back around and dispelled the spell.

“It doesn’t matter, neither are long for this world anyways. What is waiting even a decade for men like us? Though, that won’t need to be the case here. We will salvage this failure of an anchor here and I will obtain the true Holy Grail.”

Fuyuki Church - Foreign Cemetery
    A few minutes from now

[BGM]

Once again on a dark night, but now alone with his agents hiding in the shadows, Hiro Nomikata stood at the now unearthed graves of Illyasviel and Irisveil von Einzbern with a digging spade and a warmed brow.

Hiro had to commend Kiritsugu and his brat, the two had been kept in comfort and were well preserved, even in death. Watching the two maidens rest in this magically preserved state was a far more dignified end than Darnic had earned for himself. Illya in particular looked peaceful, very different to Aoi once had. There was no sudden look of surprise on betrayal. She just laid there, smiling and almost sleeping.

He opened up his phone and began to call Morgan, his dependable child.

“The holy corpse has been obtained, my dear child. Returning to the temple and please bring out Darnics ash-covered body, we will begin synthesis of the Greater Grail immediately upon my return. The Akashic Anchor will awaken tonight and everything will be complete, I know you have struggled with loss and the pain of my tasks but everything we have endured together will finally be worth it.”

He hung up right away.

Morgan loved deeply and was still reeling from the loss of their paramour and his former employee Evie Sinclair. Much like an olympian, Morgan fell hard and quick, they began to doubt everything that had been done Hiro had spent years grooming them to be. In just a few months his heir seemed content so settle down, propose and spend the rest of their days hand in hand with her.

Hiro couldn’t have that.

Evie had also snooped around his offices and uncovered a fraction of the truth of his plans and tried to ruin everything.

Hiro couldn’t have that.

The woman was said to be descended from the Pendragon lineage through the supposed union of Mordred and Guinevere, she was strong in old magecraft which only made her more susceptible to the flames of Drynwyn.

Thanks to his mastery of the soul magics, his Noble Phantasm, his own Phantasmal beasts and his own class card… Tracking her down to a safehouse in the middle of a godforsaken land, killing her staff, slaughtering her own summoned phantasmals, subjecting her to the restrained flames of his blade, beating her to an inch of her life and inflicting a curse upon her…

Hiro could have that.

Better to traumatise a foe, cripple them and have them wake up in a cold sweat with nightmares of you than the easy way out. Morgan was understandably heartbroken and their dependency on Hiro and the now absentee Evie made the tale of Evie abandoning Morgan all that much easier. Hiro, after all, was the one who had always been there for Morgan, taught them how to use their divine power, protected them from their birth family and to accept their own identity.

It was all for their own good though, Hiro unfortunately was the only one strong enough to make these difficult decisions.

After tonight, his work would be done. The Nomikata’s would be the masters of the universe.

He would reign supreme.

Last edited by Bird of Hermes; May 14th, 2021 at 08:05 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Questmaster's notes

Apologies for the delay, a combination of writers block, looking up a new job, possibly a minor depressive episode and stresses over buying a house and y'know points to the burning world outside makes for very little writing. i would have made this update much longer and detailed but this was all i could handle.

I might take a short hiatus for a month or so to get shit back in gear irl and get this going again with proper gusto.

Day 09
    Night Phase - 06

[BGM]

“Shit, we have to go. Now!” I shout, the moment Kiritsugu slams the door and hear an engine rev in the distance as he drives off.

Risa whirls around to ask almost fearfully, “To the graveyard? We’ll be late but we can back him up against Hiro.”

I shake my head.

“No, the Tohsaka mansion.” I answer, not able to meet her eyes with even my voice dropping. “If Hiro has a trap then we simply can’t go and give him what he wants us to do.”

A silent fury grows in her, seeing her expression remain calm while clearly repressing the urge to yell back, it’s quite frightening I must say.

“Seigi…”

I can feel the quelled welling in her voice, I’d prefer it if she just slapped me.

“He saved my life, I can’t let him just die.”

She must hate me for this, she must hate me and I probably deserve it. He showed me more paternal kindness in a minute alone than I had from my actual father in longer than I can recall.

But...

“Hiro has plans for everything--Morgan almost killed us both without lifting a finger, if we go then we’re ALL dead. We need all the help we can get, I don’t expect Reiner to be pleasant about it but unless we try, we ALL die for nothing. Then Shirou & Rin die. Then everyone else dies and he wins.”

I see her move her gaze away too and she says… something. Risa was there and just as helpless as I was when Morgan took Lancer for themselves. She knows I am right here and I wish I could have convinced her in a way that didn’t hurt her.

“You’re right,” she says softly. “I’m sorry.”

Yorkie takes her turn to talk, giving Risa a one-armed embrace from behind.

“Hey now, you haven’t done anything. No need to apologise.”

Risa gives into the hug and the two hold each other for a bated breath before relinquishing the touch of each other, I can see their fingers hesitate for just that little moment, a slight gasp and eyes linger as they look into each other.

I’ve never seen Yorkie so soft and tender with someone else other than myself before, I don’t know what words Risa said while I was taking that nap but whatever it was, it seems Yorkie’s caught on to her just as much as myself.

I look back and remember our times together and I’m not quite sure when I knew I had fallen for Risa, perhaps it was back when the two of us shared dinner with Takeru. I think that might have been the last time I can recall being properly happy. Given the way the fingers and eyes of Yorkie have lingered at her touch just now, maybe Risa is just easy to fall for.

Wait a second, I’m forgetting someone.

“Oh don’t mind me, I’ll hold the fort.” Lukas says “I will be less than useless in a fight.”

Her attention diverted, Yorkie switches to the older gentleman. “Don’t worry about that, just hold the fort, we’ll be fine.”

… It would be more comforting if it wasn’t said from one of us almost missing an entire limb. We don’t have time for proper formalities however so after a quick farewell we quickly depart from the Emiya household. The one however to dive for the driver’s seat however is Yorkie.

Oh no.

I can feel my skin crawl already as my skeleton tries to climb out of my body.

“Hey,” Risa enquires Yorkie, not knowing our fate “Are you sure you’re able to get us there in time?”

I’m sweating, my skin is cold, I think I might faint. I hope i do before-

“Up till recently I didn’t have much to live for and I drive for it!”

Oh no, her eyes have lit up with fire. This is the Dead End of our quest. Yorkie’s driving...

“Let’s kick this gear into hyperdrive!”

That… was horrifying.

I didn’t pass out, I wasn’t lucky enough. But in open defiance of the laws of physics and the gods alike, we made it here in no time at all and the van is mostly intact.

Poor Risa looks like a cat that someone tried to drown but gave up halfway through.

One awful drive later, we arrived at the door of the Tohsaka estate. I can hear the other two talking to each other but it doesn’t particularly register to myself. After composing myself in Shirou’s-now my, black suit, because I know Reiner and if he sees a tie ever so slightly unaligned or a cufflink askew he will hold it over my head till our dying days.

I walk up to the door. And after waiting for Risa & Yorkie I knock after hearing.

“Do you have an appointment?”

Ah shit as if just Reiner wasn’t bad enough, now there’s two of them.

This was his... butler, right? He fought using his blood like a wannabe Dead Apostle. I took him before and could do it again. I’m not in the mood to waste time so I swallow my pride and conduct myself in a way the proper gentleman I’ve pretended to be all my life should behave.

“I don’t have an appointment. I am just here on an informal visit towards a mutual friend.”

Our mutual friend in question is Rider, also known as Baba Yaga herself, the great witch of the wilds, the wise woman, a many faced creature who has ranged from an earth-mother to the provider of a hero and even a child-devouring fae like creature. Presentation and proper manners are important to her so I act accordingly, and I presume this fellow would be wise to follow her rules too.

He says nothing but simply steps to the side, allowing the three of us to walk inside. I glance behind me, seeing Risa giving him stink-eye. I can’t help but betray a small nod and smile of approval as we walk through into this residence.

[BGM]

This place still looks beautiful to be sure in it’s older european aesthetic but this is supposed to be the mansion of the Owner of the land, a magical fortification and without its energy and wards it feels somehow desolate here. However I can see the Corvella heir, Reiner himself leaning against the wall while Rider is draped across a Chaise Lounge, or simply a ‘fainting couch’, with assorted pillows supporting her.

Da dahling.” I hear Rider’s husky voice beckon to us on the verge of almost matronly. “Come sit, I’ve heard you’ve had a most unpleasant afternoon.”

The three of us follow and sit on a sofa beside the table, all holding hands underneath with our hearts beating as one. Corrin simply stands at the entrance of the room, Reiner has the chair opposite to me while strangely enough allowing Rider to take seat at the head of the table. That’s… not like what I remember Reiner to be like. I recall at the end of our fight we seemed to understand each other but-

“You look good, I preferred the purple suit - it was more ‘you’ but black is also a good classy colour. Also, did you grow your hair overnight? It works.”

Did he just compliment me?... Roll with it.

“You too, you’ve got a confident smile and you’ve already got your look nailed.”

“Keep it in your pants Nomikata, I could do better than you.”

“And I am self-aware enough to know I have terrible taste in men.”

And I suppose this is what we are now, not really friends but the pot shots aren’t really mean spirited. Yorkie however leans across us to assert her territory.

“I’ll have you know he’s a treat, and he’s ours. Hands to yourself.”

He cocks an eyebrow in a curious raised position.

“The three of you? I won’t even ask how that works.”

Oh thank god, I care for Yorkie deeply but if she goes about calling herself the ‘Official Mistress’ then frankly I don’t think my heart could take it right about now.

However with what can only be described as an unearthly authority, Rider simply clears her throat and the air blows the conversation into an abject silence.

“It is good to have you back so soon my handsome boy, and your brought more guests. You will have to forgive us for not providing refreshment as we were not expecting guests. Might I ask the nature of the visit?”

How on earth can I say that I want them to forget the grail and all past grievances in order to save someone I lo- my friend Lancer. Come now Seigi, if you use that word you’re only going to break your own heart if the worst comes.

I try to speak but the words catch in my mouth. I stumble but fortunately Risa is there to compensate for my shortcomings.

“Seigi’s father, Hiro Nomikata is alive and well. He is the mastermind who has had this Grail War rigged from the start. Turns out he has his own secret adopted kid or something. They have stolen control of Lancer, they’re taking up servants like collectable trading cards and are making a move for the Grail and everything tonight. We can’t stop them alone and need you to help us.”

“Why?” asks Reiner. It’s a simple question but one that cuts to the core. “Why should we risk our lives to save someone who has been endangered by yourself? Even so would you surrender the grail to us, after all you have lost your servant and right to it? Or would you betray us?”

I do not even have the right to be angry at him, he is making clear reasonable points.

“The ladies could offer their hair, after all; hair is a female magus' best possible weapon, ingredient, or item, as it can amplify spells and the like. You could offer servitude but would you have your word or insurance? That’s not even taking into consideration our previous encounters, what if I demanded compensation?”

He’s right. Rider is there and probably knows the desperation I have and if what I say is a lie, she’s a brilliant woman and would know of Saber’s fate and the depths of my need, even if I cannot voice the means as to why.

I cannot speak for Yorkie & Risa but I can offer…

“I-”

Danger! Choice Time!

Choices:

What will you do with the Grail?

1). Truth - You can keep the grail
    2). Truth - I still need the grail
    3). Lie - You can keep the grail
    4). Write in!

What else will you offer?

1). “What if you punched me in the face, really, really hard”?
    2). Supply Rider with mana
    3). Offer your hair and give Reiner a conceptual advantage over Seigi
    4). Write in!