Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ... 64651545556575861 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1224

Thread: Quest of Fate - Apocrypha Universe Grail War

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Blog Entries

Bedtime. Now Seigi!!!!

Blog Entries
    Mm... Torn between 1 and 2, but I think 1.

They all need rest, and besides, self-loathing aside I think Seigi would understand enough not to have them wake up with him simply gone. It’s a thought, but not what I think he’d act on.

Signature by fumato

屍鬼 Ghoul
    1. IT'S BEDTIME BITCH

1. Seigi needs some time during which his brain isn't running on "MUST SOLVE PROBLEMS OR PEOPLE DIE" mode and hopefully without the body stress that comes with that. Which doesn't mean (as HBM noted on Discord, come here if you haven't *nod nod*) that he may not feel guilty afterwards for taking some rest instead of being productive, but it seems like a good point to try to get him some moral/emotional support that could kick him out of his spiral of self-loathing.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries

I simply just want a good thing for him. It is the choice that has the least chance to lead to any other stressful event.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Oh, nice, an opportunity to learn more about Risa - wait, she won't be involved? Never mind, then.
    Hmmm... I think healing Yorkie would be the morally correct choice, but how hurt can she really be if she just (vigorously) took part in a threesome? :-P
    I choose 1.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Day 09
    Evening Phase - 03
    Emiya Household

Character Status

Health: Optimal
    Mana: Good
    Access to the Root: 1 > ?

What am I even doing?

Am I trying to get myself killed?

Probably.

But acting like this... won’t help them, just like it won’t help me. I can punish myself for crimes I haven’t actually committed but it won’t make me feel better and it won’t help the people I love. The people I lo-

Ah…

Seigi you fucking idiot.

I slowly raise to my feet and raise off of the bed and-

“Nuh?” I’m instantly given away by Risa noticing I’m not in her arms. “Come back to bed, please don’t go.”

“I’m just a little sweaty, just let me take my clothes off.” I shake my head and I’m blessed with the fact that I am telling the truth rather than having to lie to her and Yorkie. I hear a soft me~ow as I turn to face the mirror, as a certain someone is clearly awake.

“Hey, since when did your hair grow waist level ponytails in a few hours?” I hear Yorkie ask.

“Eh?” I reach behind me and she is quite right. Although my body reverted back to the way it previously was before the transformation, it seems the excess hair remained.

“Ah how troublesome.”

I move to get it in all in a ponytail to get it easier to shorten and I can feel two sets of eyes gazing at me.

“You two cats enjoying the view of the eye candy or something?”

“Yes.” They call out in unison.

I honestly don’t know what to say so I keep my mouth shut.

Risa rolls over to line up with Yorkie who ended up rolling on top of her while they both face me. “So, do I have you to thank for training him to please two ladies at once?”

“Oh I was quite happy to be the first to hit that and he was mostly a natural but he did take the few pointers well.” Yorkie chuckles as I hear a smooch as the girls kiss each other again. “Technique was second nature but when he started it was endurance he mainly needed to work at so you’re welcome for him and the seven inche-”

I am thankful that Risa interrupted Yorkie for another make out session as I disrobe.

“I will say-” Yorkie continues while laden with kisses, “I never got treated to oral worship like that before, honestly a girl could get addicted!”

“It’s my kink.”

“Giving or receiving?”

“Both.”

Yorkie lets out an adorable giggle before reciprocating the kisses as the two are still in the bliss of post-release which I let out a puff of pride about. And then as Yorkie begins taking her clothes off entirely I hear gasps. Not pleasant ones either.

“Seigi…” Risa begins.

“Look at your back.” Yorkie finishes.

“Bugger. Well, there goes my modelling career. At least my abs remain flawless at least.”

It’s no surprise at least, the duel with Morgan I ran in and almost got myself killed. Next time I won’t be able to pull Nigredo, Aoi’s Metsu or that transformation out of my pristine arse. If you don’t laugh over your problems you’ll cry and I’m tired enough as it is.

I go back to bed first and Risa pulls up the covers. “We got shit to do tonight, but I think we’ve earned a break.” she says before giving both Yorkie and I a kiss.

“Even-”

“You too York.”

All three of us huddle close and savour each other’s touch of skin upon skin under the duvet. “You two…” I mumble out. ”I promise I’m gonna keep you safe. I’ll do whatever it takes t-” And then I drop like a sack of potatoes.

With Seigi Nomikata firmly asleep, resting for a few precious hours with his beloved, Risa and Yorkie still stirred. Risa was the first to speak.

“Your arm…”

“I know someone who deals magi with prosthetics, it’ll be fine.”

And a return to silence once more, till as the minutes stretch out, Yorkie is the one to break it.

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s oka-”

“Please…” Yorkie interjected, the strong woman was practically pleading with Risa. Who, after a few seconds out thought nodded to let her continue. “I’m not the kind of girl that other girls go for… I’m selfish, I’m a bitch. I’m lazy, hell I’m still around at Clock Tower because it’s a convenient cover for my freelance work because who expects a burnt-out formerly gifted student to be the one to collect your kneecaps? I put my own interests and wants as a priority, anything beyond that is a little temporary effort before I go back to putting myself first.”

She then lets out a sigh as she begins to avert her gaze before Risa extends a hand to Yorkie’s jaw and gently tug it back. “I think self-loathing won’t help us at all. As you probably know if you did your reading, I was a Cadmus Yggdmillenia. I was a favourite of Darnic but he favoured another. I tried to prove myself and become a Master but that privilege went to Celenike who Darnic made me her attendant. She got off on acts of sadism towards the homunculi and her own servant and I did nothing despite knowing what she did was wrong because I had a stupid crush and she was just nice enough to keep me in line and thankful. When the Yggdmillenia’s Saber died, I was there and was saved by her Rider and a Master of Red, Kiritsugu. I sold them all out, smashed Celenike’s head in with a brick and did nothing while a rogue Ruler killed Darnic. I could have saved him but I just stood there and watched, he died at my feet begging.”

Yorkie’s jaw dropped. “That’s fucking hardcore.”

“My point is that you’re not the only one who has a claim on being a slutty bitch.”

Yorkie instead shook her head and pulled Risa in tight. “You’re neither of those things.” “That’s my point. I got better, and so can you. I’m better than the person I was yesterday and she was better than the person she was the day before.”

The older woman nodded. “Yes. I don’t want to be that person anymore. I want to be better… I don’t want to hurt the people I like anymore. I don’t want to hurt you anymore.”

Risa wrapped her arms around Yorkie and kissed her, slow, passionate and honestly a little sloppy. “Self improvement and all that shit, it’s hard work and not an adventure. If you’re willing to put in the effort, I’ll get better with you too.” She paused. “Are you crying?”

“No, I'm not crying, what are you even on about?” Yorkie lied as tears began to well up.

Risa chuckled as she wiped the tears from her second lover’s face. “I want you to stay and I like the company, I have two hands after all.”

“Did you steal that line?”

“Yeah.” Risa chipped in as she wrapped her arms and legs around the woman laying atop her. “And what you said about not being the kind of girl other girls go for did that mean I was the first woman you’ve slept with?” Risa’s smile was wicked and eyes glowing with a red vigour of the final villain.

“Wha-?! N, no i’m just picky with a preference to me-”

“How many?”

“N-not a lot…”

“Heh, well if we’re alive tomorrow I’m making breakfast, I hope you like excessive sugar and chocolate sauce. Right now, just hold me.”

Eventually I come to, before raiding some vaguely familiar looking clothes from a wardrobe and taking up the jeweled blade I acquired from the Tohsaka’s.

"Ok girls, lets go to work."

==============================================

End of Afternoon Phase

The Game has Auto-Saved, if you reach a Bad or Dead End, you will automatically restart from this position.

Last edited by Bird of Hermes; November 25th, 2020 at 04:31 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quest Master's Note: Wew, ok so 2020's been... an experience. Short of magic this will be the final update of the year as we start to move into the final stages and arc of the game. To those who have been with me from the start, thank you for staying with me through this journey with Seigi, myself and all of you. Those who have just joined, welcome aboard, I hope you are enjoying yourselves as much as I have been for the last few years.

I will make sure the OP and NPC sheets will all be updated shortly.

Day 09
    Intermission
    Fuyuki in Flames – Einzbern Castle Ruins

It is impossible to tell this was once an untouched forest with a mysterious castle within its depths. Now it is a smouldering crater of death. Yet, it seems even here in the face of Gods, humans continue to exist out of spite.

In the midst of the crater covered ground, draped in fire and the air a duvet of ash… One figure stood standing, a blue comet draped in Hero-Light. Standing tall as his frame could allow and his eyes shining like rainbows trapped in sapphires, bold and defiant.

“I told you, the Noble Phantasm of Assassin is useless here, the Mystic Eye of True Death cannot harm me of all people.” Caster called out into an open field shrouded in the veil of ash seeming to no audience at all.

Again, speaking to seemingly no one in particular, Caster began twirling his polearm between his fingers back and forth from one hand to the other. “You seem awfully tense. You need to relax and enjoy this more.”

His invisible acquaintance was not too pleased.

“You need to stop talking, you godless heathen.” Glowing rubies appeared to counter the rainbow-sapphire’s, a white skull like mask was discarded and landed on the ground with a quiet ‘tink’ before debilitating into a golden mist as Morgan reappeared. Their face appeared calm but there was a silent fury dwelling.

“Gods? Hah! There are no gods here, just me.” Caster’s laugh in response to them was hot and hearty. Shoulders shaking as he burst out with booming, almost raucous laughter as tears began to form in his eyes.”All gods really do is get petty and contrive the death of mortals who consistently show them up… and you can’t even do that right Assassin!”

Morgan gritted their teeth at Caster’s open blasphemy. “I am a Goddess!” they snarled with utter contempt.

“Anyone who must declare ‘I am a God’ is no God, O’ pretender to Olympus. We both know this-”

Caster, naturally, was not given a chance to finish, The monstrous blazing great sword in Morgan’s hand slammed against the earth, splitting it as it felt as it the earth-mother herself shrieked at its touch. Morgan’s wrath would be one that threatened the world, all of it directed at the smug brat.

“You’re just a Ghost Liner,” Morgan rasped in their fury, “a glorified familiar in the form of a dead boy. What do you know?!”

“Meh.” The blue haired youth shrugged. “I know that despite being summoned here as Caster - which I doubt was supposed to be my class by the way, my great knowledge is actually quite limited. I’ll spare you the lecture but I know what I’m fighting for, do you?”

“Didn’t you hear me earlier? I have people i need to protect and for that i need power, the people I love-”

“Aren’t. Here.” the war-mage retorted “ Where are they and what are you doing here away from them?”

“I...

“Miss Maid! Flowers! Bring Flowers!”

'Sun-kissed Thrinacia' as the woman had said. Cool winds and hot mediterranean sun beating down on a land touched and beloved by heroes and gods alike. It had been fifteen years ago, Morgan still had memories of Sicily, the first time when they met him. When Morgan Blytheseel began to walk the path of godhood… Hiro had saved them from their monstrous home but he was not whom Morgan struggled for.

Their younger sister, so pure and innocent, a smile that needed to be protected… similar figure but hair like ivory rather than their own ebony, It had been long...

A racy uniform, flawless skin and hair woven from pure gold. Their maid, so intelligent, so wise, so powerful, so beautiful, who they were never worthy being protected by. Their first love and hate alike...

But beyond that Morgan recalled the cold winter of just a year or two back. The opera, the most beautiful woman they’d ever seen. The way she laughed, how her skin felt against their own. The way she laughed, the way she lit up the room with her presence alone. One night of passion that bloomed into the most wonderful romance Morgan had been blessed by...

“...Fuck, I love you…”
    Until she got bored and left without a word.

“Eve?”

With the false god distracted, the false knight calmly goes mad. A fanged mouth guard donning his visage as he outstretched his arm towards the disoriented individual.

Caster saw his opponent for a single fatal second falter, the monstrous blade almost slipping out of their grip entirely. They would fall. Of course ‘Morgan’, Assassin, whatever they preferred, wasn’t a god. Gods didn’t care about humans.

This false pretender was going to die and take half the servants in the war with them.

“Activating Noble Phan-”

“CASTER! STOP!”

But Caster was stopped before the incantation began as the loud yet feeble voice of his master called out from a distance. He was not stopped by a command seal but what sort of beast didn’t obey the one who held his chains?

The mask faded away as the incantation was stillborn, traces of light around his fingers vanishing away into twilight. The false deity failed to notice as they simply stared toward the floor, deep breaths slowly growing faster and faster, face all a flush and redder with every passing second, deaf to the oncoming steps of their approaching warrior.

Caster’s weapon swung, cleaving the filthy air in twain as the point halted naught but an inch from Morgan’s throat. A beat passed before they looked from the floor to the tool and from there to Caster. They were red, shaking…

“Do you know her?” Morgan asked, voice meek and quiet as if they’d been plunged into an ice bath.

“Nah. I caught the tail end of your whole ‘Power of Love’ speech but couldn’t help but notice you were alone there, people who fight solely for the sake of others are never alone, why else would they be alone? Figured you were overcompensating on something.”

Morgan found themselves at the tip of Caster’s makeshift spear, pointed at their throat, and it’s here that they breathe a shaky sigh of release as his hand pushes the blade to their jugular, the cool steel a relief against their skin as it burns up.

“So, you fight for the sake of those you love but you’ve all but abandoned them and regret it.” Caster continued. “Or did they abandon you? Gods know why.”

“My sister, my saviour and my lov-” Morgan was silent for a painful second as a lump practically grew in their throat. That last word was painful. “No, I didn’t choose to leave them, Lil’ Puss couldn’t come with me, my ‘Saviour’ chose not to act and… and SHE’S THE ONE WHO LEFT ME!”

Their voice was hoarse as tears began to trickle down Morgan’s face.

“Do you have evidence, or is that what that rabid old hound told you?”

“Whu-? No… I’m the kid he chose… He’s the one who actually….”

“Old man Nomikata makes for a good king. One who can’t do anything himself so he lies and manipulates his betters. Then again you’re speaking to a man with his own parental issues, least I’m self aware of them.” Caster replied nonchalantly, dismissing his weapon with a snap of his fingers. “And for what it’s worth, I think that using your powers and that Assassin Card you could probably take out every master and servant in the war. You’re strong, possibly stronger than me and everyone else but your technique is a little sloppy by my standards, godling.”

“I hope you find the answers you’re looking for Persephone.”

As the area echoed with a resounding ‘clang’ of the wicked blade spilling out of Morgan’s grip. The person who was neither a god or a human sunk to the floor. They were alone, they cried and they did not scream. Aloud at least.

The Holy Corpse would be collected by another anyways.

Slightly before these events, three different onlookers stood by in their underground haven. Lit up by luminous moss, the cavern was now cold and damp without Rider & Saber there.

Two of the individuals leaned over the shoulders of the third. The man who called himself ‘Justice’ spoke.

"To see a World in a Grain of Sand and a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
    And Eternity in an hour."

Knife in hand, he plunged the blade into his own hand. First a wince before the smile grew along with the wound as he opened up his palm.

“Peasant?”

“What of it.”

“You’re fucking disgusting.”

Not beholden to the bickering and sneering, Corrin kept his gaze on the object of focus. The open gash swelled and festered unnaturally fast as something swelled and fell to the floor like a hardened puss. One, two, no three foreign objects fell to the floor. Each one was about six inches in length and as thick as the knuckle of a human thumb.

“Crest worms”

The magical crest of the now famed and extinct Matou family. Parasites in nature, the host of these would gain various abilities, but ultimately, this insect's true nature is to devour, multiply, and destroy. Either Justice was the last Matou, or he signed his life away to be a ticking time bomb.

Even more curious was the faint gas and smell that emanate from them. As manipulation of one’s own blood was essentially more of a subcategory than an actual branch, he was in equal part necromancer and curse user. In a fashion at least. Despite not being a true magus, Corrin could not help but notice. The crest worms of the matous supposedly were carnivorous and ate anything organic, especially humans and hunted out the placenta. However they were not crawling to feast on him. These parasites died the moment they left the host.

That must have been the ‘heated core’ in Justice, a collection of dying worms.

Regardless in the open would a bulging eye emerged, crystalline in composition at that.

“You’re welcome by the way. When that witch is away, we’ll just have to make our own crystal ball.”

And through that makeshift sphere of scrying, the three men saw what events unfurled in that forest. The final battle of the King of Outlaws.

“Saber… no…” Reiner gasped and took Corrin’s hand into his own, clenching on tight. Justice however does not react. They continue watching through Saber’s death. The arrival of ‘Assassin’, capture of Lancer and Seigi’s final defeat as a master in this holy grail war.

“Well… shit.” Reiner held tighter onto Corrin, he could not let go of his attendant. “We can’t leave them like this, should we contact Rider?”

“Oh? I thought you said you hated him, but the moment he pulls a sad face you change your tune?” Justice spat at the comment and scowled at the other men as the eye in the hand began to recede and the wound closed up. Even now the one defining thing of him was his contempt. “No, the Nomikata must die, then that stupid big-chested bimbo bitch that calls herself a goddes, that the old bastard. If anyone gets in our way, they die too.”

Reiner paused to look at the individual he had allied himself with. There was rage to him, just rage and nothing else. He was a desolate vessel for vengeance.

“The illusionist and Risa too?”

“They have a chance to cut their strings and run. If they’re in my way, they’ll die too.”

Corrin gave Reiner’s hand a firm and reassuring squeeze. “Sir, what my master was saying is that he and his rival have a history to be sure but he wishes to win with dignity and honour to prove he is the better man. Besides Neither of you have a servant, neither of you can obtain the grail. There is no point kicking a crying broken man when he is down. Shouldn’t you refocus your efforts elsewhere?

Standing with an icy face, annoyed by the man’s rebuttal, he looked down at her and replied bluntly as with a cool gaze not looking at but rather through his companion.

""If the fool would persist in his folly he would become wise. He who desires but acts not, breeds pestilence."

“More William Blake?” Reiner replied nonchalantly. “Yes but why though, you blithering edgelord peasant?”

“Same as our foe does, vengeance.”

“Please, you didn’t give a fuck about Saber, you barely talked.” Reiner attempted to declare, only for his abject intervention to be cut off entirely.”

“Mind your tongue! Until our journey is complete, one of us must remain focused! Do not mistake my silence for lack of grief… I knew he would leave this world before I so I could not allow myself to get attached. No mistake that he deserved better than myself but I cannot allow myself to falter in my mission.”

The words were well versed but there was a slight tremble and waver, some meaning behind the words but it was a rehearsed line nonetheless. The former master of Saber shook his head and cracked his knuckles. “The Nomikata line is cursed, all they are capable of is death, destruction and misery. Every single one must be purged.”

“… What did they do to you? What are you to them?” The somberness in his voice alone said enough about Reiners changing intentions, however it was Corrin would conclude the train of thought.

“You are insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity…”

“I was never really insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched.” Justice smiled for the first time, it was not a face that was meant to smile.“And Edgar Allen Poe? At least someone is cultured.”

“You’re not the only one who finds it easier to converse desire and emotion through the written word of poetry.”

“Tch. Throw away your own desire to prove yourself superior if you are willing to throw your life away for a man you hate. Leave this place and retreat to that cannibal, she is the last independent servant not under Hiro’s thumb one way or another. I will do what i must regardless of your approval.”Justice walked on leaving Reiner and Corrin holding each other’s hands in the dark as the final hours began to tick.

“And thus the heart will break, yet brokenly live on. Your little brothers will both come home soon Aoi.”

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Day 09
    Night Phase - 01
    ???

"Ah, so you've come."

[BGM]

I had only meant to close my eyes for a moment but when I open them again, it’s the confines of what I can only call a dream. Yes… I remember the three of us in a bed together, Risa, York and I, we finally let ourselves be happy together. It was good. Yeah, the three of us…

The three of us. We made love then fell asleep in each other's arms and here I am now in a dream, the sheer fantastical nature of the world couldn’t be anywhere else. Yet when the man dreams, his mind convinces him it is reality. As I know this is a dream, this must be the real world or my mind would convince me otherwise as after all I dream of shards. Ah, this is making my head hurt.

Regardless however, I find myself in a world of endless sky, complete with strangely darker clouds, regardless of if it is a dream or not, it’s pretty enough. While this space is basically empty with exception to previously mentioned clouds, it’s peaceful and all I hear is a gentle flow of wind.

As for my footing…

Doesn’t look like I’m standing on anything really.

It seems that I can walk around amongst the clouds here all I want without actually falling down. Once a person was aware that they were dreaming, they were apparently able to exert some level of control over the dream, so in that sense, being able to walk on the sky makes sense. Either I’m dreaming or being beside York and Risa was the dream and I’m finally awake, but...

Off in the distance...

I can see a humanoid figure watching me, so far away that they simply look like a featureless silhouette, I see an aura of red, heat, passion, pain, sorrow, rage, hope. The presence is enormous, like a tidal wave that threatens to swallow me whole. It makes me feel small.

“Aoi?”

The figure does not respond to my words, at least not at first so I walk forward to confront her. The amount of space I cover is vast in a short amount of time but as I get closer I realise one thing. This person waiting for me is not my sister. Something is wrong.

I stare at them, and they just stare silently back, not motioning for you to approach nor to retreat, but just when I think of doing something stupid:

“I have been summoned and come at the request.”

A voice I have never heard before, yet feels… only familiar. Much like a friend you haven’t seen in years there is nostalgia and mystery alike to it. I feel the compulsion to answer and I know this is not a dream cognition. I’m unsure if it’s another form of manipulation but I feel the impulse but before I can act- I feel a new presence loom from behind.

A new identical silhouette, a pure red...

Standing directly behind me as if it was my shadow.

And the world goes dark.

[BGM]

“Mage who dreams of shards, you face a warrior made of swords.”

The first thing I hear is the voice of course, that of a travelled and experienced man, smooth and deep but with The smell is like that of flame, wrought iron and blood. The presence of a blazing forge. This power it’s… incredible. Overwhelmingly strong and seemingly malevolent. I need to find a way to diffuse the situation or lower his guard.

“You know, I’ve had worse pick up attempts but I’m afraid I’m spoken for with two very lovely ladies so-”

“No.”

Seigi you’re a fucking moron, of course this guy isn’t going to have a sense of humour.

“I am the bone of my sword.”

What the fuck is-

Caladbolg II
    The Fake Spiral Sword

A magical bullet flies over my shoulder. The size of a sword and... the power of a servant's Noble Phantasm manifested and fired in an instant. He should’ve… could have killed me just now. He chose not to though. I'm outmatched to hell and back. I take a breath and reevaluate the situation.

“Hiro, Morgan, Justice, Reiner… now you want me dead too?”

With what sounds like a deep guttural sigh, but feels like great rusted gears grinding against one another. An immense aura radiates from his form and tone as he replies with intense gravity.

“A warning.”

“A what?”

“When the path of humanity is on the brink of collapse, and had him
    The Counter Force
    Humanities’ Collective Unconsciousness
    summons me and orders me to kill any and every person it has deemed to be the perpetrators irrespective of the fact if they were good or evil. To be a mage is to walk with death. You know this, a path you were forced upon but one that you can see the fruits of. It does not just mean that you risk your life but that you must kill, that you will lose those you love. It is a path of pain.”

You’re walking a path to get smacked upside your head. I think to myself, the self-righteous shadow however, as much as I hate his words and attitude, he’s right.

“You have formed bonds and lost them, it’s hurting you and you have hurt people in turn. You face a scar upon humanity who is a pretender to the Third Magic and one who usurps the power of the goddess Persephone.”

Hiro and Morgan… notes for later.

“You however have great potential for destruction. You hate these people, you want to hurt them. You face humanity and divinity, you’ve tried to kill on your path and destroyed the world around you in your conflict. Walk this path recklessly and you will just replace the evils you desire to eliminate, defeating villains by becoming more villainous. If not I…”

A mirage appears, manifesting in the corner of my eye for just a moment; a human presenting just like me, female, a buxom blonde wearing what appears to be some sort of monochromatic uniform. The harder I look, the more difficult it is to determine.

“Then
    another force
    Gaia
    will charge a different agent. I promise it will be quicker and easier than falling asleep.” “I have no idea what ta fuck yer’re on about ya dozy mare.” “I can offer rest, let you fall into an eternal slumber and lift the weight off your shoulders. You look tired, beyond your years, I can see it in your eyes. You… remind me of someone.”

I mean… he’s right. I am tired…

But-!

“You know, if you said that a few hours ago I would have taken you up on your offer…” I do not blink as the red shadow envelops me. A mix of thoughts swirl about my head. The sharp pain of its touch against my skin, hones my senses, gives me focus. Motivation. “But I have people who care about me, you see. People who against their better judgement love me and I love them too. Make no mistake, no man hates me more than myself. I think i’ve done that my whole life but I didn’t count on this. I didn’t count on being happy.”

“It’s futile, you fight and the world betrays you. You will become a threat to everyone you claim to hold dear. Why fight at all?”

“If the world fights against me, I’ll do what I always have.” I snap out my arm and take hold of the red shadow by what appears to be its throat. It’s barely corporeal but it’s there. “Nomikatas are stubborn bastards after all.”

Divine. Analyse. Destroy.

I feel a new power well up inside me, similar to what I felt with Aoi’s might coursing through my veins but something unique, something new… My pathway, my power.

And there it is again, that… insatiable feeling.

Give me more power-!

And something within me and beyond me resonates.

“Fighting for others? For love? That’s good. Be careful what it is you fight for. Self destructive ideals only lead to an early grave alone.”

With the snap on my hand closing around its neck as I unleash a wave of my power, the red shadow dissipates for now. That looming presence, it’s still there but muted off in the distance somewhere. But I can’t focus on that… What he just said- He doesn’t know me. He doesn’t know my life… How dare he presume to know the shit I’m going through. The nerve of that bastard. He can walk into hell.

Wise Up! Status Update

Final Ending Unlocked. Seigi Nomikata has the potential to become a Threat to Humanity & The World. If he does, a Counter Guardian or Agent of Gaia will be dispatched to eliminate him.

Seigi has made a solemn vow to protect his newfound family.

[BGM OFF]

I wake up.

The clothes I picked out for myself are familiar from this wardrobe, good and well shaped but tight, almost as if I saw them… three years ago. Ah, memories of 2004. Shirou - Rin’s student - wore such an outfit at the Masquerade Ball. if I recall then like myself he was also a nicely put together and attractive redhead, I can understand how in those circumstances that we-

And now everything makes sense.

“I know that your head will spontaneously combust if you don’t wear formal attire Seigi, but how does it look on me?”

And I look at the new outfit Risa’s picked out for herself. A sleek, off-shoulder, formal royal purple gown that looks positively aristocratic set with lace white gloves. She still has that headband to slick back her hair leaving a cool, confident and almost imposing look on her face with just a single lock half-obscuring an eye to give an air of mystery. She still has that dark choker around her neck.

I open my mouth to state my amazement and wonder-

“You’re beautiful…” our paramour murmurs with stars in her eyes.

Yorkie looks just as amazed as I do, marvelling at her striking form. To my knowledge Yorkie never had any history with other women, not that it was my right to but-in to private affairs and her joking statements about Lancer earlier today seemed to be neither not-genuine or an exception. If our experience was along the lines of something new or an awakening of sorts to her then of course she’d be particularly star-struck.

“And damn your arse looks amazing in that!”

Ah, there we go. There’s the woman I know.

“A-ah… Thank you.” A flushed Risa whose cheeks look like they have pinched to a colour that matches my hair stutters. The quick-witted woman however deftly deflects the attention away from that fact her expression matches the time Lancer complimented her beauty. “W-what about you? You gonna grab some new stuff?”

Yorkie looked at the wardrobe and lamented. “Nothing in my size…”

I take a proper gander myself and she’s right, Yorkie’s taller than me, Risa… most women in this country. All the menswear wouldn’t fit her body and the few girls clothes left by whatever companion Shirou may have had could not contend with Yorkie’s height and curves.

“Ah well,” she sighs “Back to these I guess…”

I make a note to buy her something fancier when this is all done.

However when I I move to the door to open it, I notice Yorkie standing as still as a statue on the spot. “Are you sure you want me to come, that you-”

Risa’s having none of that last minute self-doubt and pulls her in for another kiss, this one firm and almost forceful. Possessive even~

Yorkie stops in place wide eyed before swooning a little into it.

“Absolutely.”

The girls pause before beckoning me over and I embrace them both in my arms, feeling their hearts race… Here, I feel... calm. At peace even some might say. Yes, this is where I belong. This is home. All three of us pause for a moment and silently come to the same agreement. Then we walk out of the room, hand in hand. The three of us are a team.

I still don’t love myself, I want to be better but I’m not sure I ever will… But they love me and I love them. Hiro? Morgan? Forget them, these two are my family. If anyone hurts them?

I’ll kill them.

Choice! Time To Unlock More Secret Potential

Access to The Root - Level 2

Pick one new access note:

Concentration

Cumulonimbus Manifestation

Enlightenment of the Body and Mind

Infinite Military Training

Light of the Hero

Philosopher's Stone - Destruction (Storm King’s Call)

Potency of Heroes Flesh

Rebellion Against Heavens

Supremacy of the Skies

Last edited by Bird of Hermes; January 6th, 2021 at 07:45 PM.

屍鬼 Ghoul
    I choose Infinite Military Training. With that, we can better predict our opponents and adjust accordingly, plus we get sweet sweet weapon proficiency. I feel like this is a good option for the long term, since it allows Seigi to use precision to take down opponents without killing them, or so that he can take them out with a single quick blow. And being able to better predict our opponents' actions will definitely help against the likes of Justice and Hiro. I have a feeling we won't be able to just Buster our way through Hiro....

Edit: I'm changing my vote to Cumulonimbus Manifestation.
    Last edited by Lunasilverhart; January 9th, 2021 at 05:09 PM.

I second Luna’s choice of Infinite Military Training. With Seigi’s Mana Burst being upgraded, we could do some serious damage with any weapon that can withstand Seigi’s enhanced strength.

Edit: Vote changed for Cloud power
    Last edited by Alax1991; January 9th, 2021 at 05:09 PM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Philosopher's Stone - Destruction (Storm King’s Call).

Blog Entries

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Cum. Manifestation

Blog Entries
    all of them srsly sounds cool, but personally i'd go for
    Rebellion Against Heaven

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Day 09
    Night Phase - 02
    Fuyuki City - Emiya Residence

Risa, Yorkie and I walk out of the room hand-in-hand up to the main living room of the house where we see one older bespoke gentleman I recognise as Lukas Adalbert, the ‘Lifesaver’ and owner of the greatest cafe in the twilight world, however why he is here by the table having a cup of coffee is beyond me. The other, a gruff looking middle aged man who looks like he walked out of a late 90’s gritty action movie. If I recall, this is his house and he was the one Risa hugged earlier. At the very least he’s sitting in a corner minding his own business reading a newspaper.

I don’t want to make assumptions on what they may or indeed may not know. However, their silence and indifference to us walking in is much appreciated. Taking need of our arrival he places the paper down and rises to his feet before walking up to us.

He looks at Risa and says something in Japanese. For my sake I assume, he switches into English. His voice matches his appearance with its gruffness but has an almost softened edge to it.

“Hello you two, my name is Kiritsugu Emiya.”

Wait, that family name. I remember it!

“Excuse me,” I ask, my curiosity overtaking me. “Would you happen to be the father of Shirou Emiya, apprentice to Rin Tohsaka - matriarch of the Tohsaka family?”

The man, no - Kiritsugu, nods. “You would be correct. Rin Tohsaka, founder of Tohsaka Kenpo & second owner of Fuyuki who has been conveniently away during this debacle.”

Second owner - the steward of a magical land on behalf of Clock Tower. Of course Hiro would cause some sort of incident to keep her away. I decide to leave it there, Rin that classy bitch that she is, is probably mad enough at me already.

“Come and sit,” he continues gesturing to us all to join Lukas by the table, “We all need to rest up as tonight will be difficult for us all.” I know my manners so I do as the host asks for me and I find myself sitting next to Lukas. My first instinct is to expect a chop to the head or a scolding for my actions, I can practically hear my father's voice in my head. “You are stupid, foolish boy!”

Instead he just slides me a fresh cup of coffee. His expression and tone of voice feels relaxed and soothing. “You look like you could use a drink. I’m afraid it’s not tea so this old thing will have to do.”

He hates tea, yet he remembered that one comment I made three years ago and… Ah, what am I doing? I’m getting sidetracked and distracted by soppy emotions. I just give a silent nod of thanks to the good gentleman and take a sip of the drink. It tastes like life.

After the first sip, Kiritsugu sits down as well and sizes me up. “You asked about my son… Ah! I see, so back at the masquerade you were the one who-”

I cough not-so-subtly to beckon him to quieten down. I need to look after what little respectability I have, I know no one cares about that other than myself but I still feel the compulsion to appear pronounced and gentlemanly.

“We don’t need to discuss that. Ever. My thanks for your concern however.”

Risa sits down next to me but Yorkie freezes in place, hesitating to move, to join us. Fortunately a smile from Risa and a squeeze of her hand is all she needs to convince her.

Risa then gestures to Kiritsugu and introduces us to him. “This is Kiritsugu Emiya, father of Shirou Emiya - student of Lady Rin Tohsaka. He was also the legendary mercenary, ‘The Magus Killer’ himself in his prime. He was also employed by the Einzbern family and was a master of the Saber class servant in the Great Holy Grail War. The man who was my enemy and saved my life.”

Wait, THE Magus Killer? The legendary gun-for-hire who specialised in killing magi, the bogeyman of the twilit world... is a ruggedly good looking but tired middle aged dad? My eyes widen but Yorkie’s widen further.

“York Lancaster. Big fan of your work.” she says, offering to shake his hand. We all look to see the severed bandaged stump being gestured. “Oh, sorry…”

“Don’t worry, I know a good doll maker you can make a good prosthetic.” Kiritsugu says.

“With electric blasts, rocket punches and grappling hooks!?”

“That goes beyond the favour owed, that would come out of your wallet.”

“Eh, worth it.”

Meanwhile on a completely unrelated tangent, Lukas offers us all chopsticks. “When is the last time you all ate?” he asks us. “Erm.” I made a little something with Rider but I couldn’t taste anything and I barely remember it so did it count? I look to Risa and she pauses looking at the floor, Yorkie likewise is looking off in the distance trying to think of when it was she last ate. Did we have breakfast today? It felt so long ago...

“Well that does it, if you need to think that hard about it it has clearly been far too long! Kiritsugu, you said you and your son had some leftovers ready to go made in advance before he left?” Lukas lights up, he’s really in his own element when it comes to helping others - even with the basic things like food, drink and lodging… No, especially then, they’re an essential human need after all. A human being requires all these things to live, anyone who does not is not a normal person. He really did earn the title ‘Lifesaver’.

It is strange not to be the one in the kitchen, but I will say I am curious to what we receive...

“Tempura Udon.”

It’s beautiful, the distinct yet complementary aromas of the broth, fried shrimp, turnip & greens arouses the senses and even the crackle of the fried shrimp as I lift it with the chopsticks… why, it even sounds delicious! All my senses are tantalised and engaged in this meal.

Truly Shirou is a master I must learn from!

Lukas lets out a delightful little hum as he eats, Risa’s eyes are wider and practically giving off sparkles after the first bite. Yorkie is… yeah, dignified. But anyways, with their reactions the food can’t be anything less than breathtaking! I take a bite of the meal and-

Nothing.

So it’s the case for everything then, I can’t taste anything. I mean I half expected it after eating with Rider earlier but this is just another confirmation. It looks breathtaking but once again I can’t taste a damn thing!

The fuck is even wrong with me? Seeing everyone around me indulging and clearly amazed by its taste, I can’t help but feel bitter on top of everything else.

“Can’t even taste this? I really am broken, huh...” “

That might not be the case.” Kiritsugu replies solemnly, placing his chopsticks down on his own barely touched udon bowl. I look up at the older man.

“Loss of the sense of taste can be triggered by things such as depression of trauma. Lesser known symptoms but potential ones nonetheless. It might not be that you’re broken, but that we’re all going through things that no one really should. You’ve been hurt and that is affecting you in ways you did not even consider but this does NOT mean you’re broken at all Seigi.”

I try to remain calm and composed but I still stutter as I flail around attempting to respond. “Have you been leading a good life? Are you cherishing and protecting the people you care about?” he asks me again.

“I… don’t know. I couldn’t help Lancer, I hate myself for it but… I’m trying.”

“From what I’ve seen, you didn’t have much in the way of a childhood, your life’s been short but rough as well. Regardless you have done your best and done an amazing job besides the struggles."

He reaches out to me, on instinct I brace myself for the physical pain that follows a slap that when I was younger, Hiro might give. Not that he did but the fear was there. What follows is a deadly attack I could never prepare for in all my days. He’s patting me. Patting me on the head and ruffling my hair just a little. His hand is warm, firm, but the way he’s touching me is gentle… I’d say familial but dad never-

“You are a good man, Seigi Nomikata. I’m proud of you and you should be too.”

“...”

“You poor thing. No one’s told you that before, have they? Oh, come here.”

I find myself surrounded in a group of people hugging me. This feels warm, reassuring… Is… this what parental and emotional support from father figures feels like? Have I been so deprived of non-sexual physical intimacy my whole life? That something strictly platonic affection from something vaguely paternal...

I try not to cry again and fail, turns out I’m a sucker for hugs. Who'd have guessed?

“Thanks dad.”

A little murmur but I allow myself this one weakness.

Sorry Shirou and Rin; I broke you house, ate your food and stole that weird knife of yours. Now I think I want your dad too. I pull away quickly and sit down as flustered as I’ve been in recent memory. I do what I must and take a deep breath to clear my head of thought.

Risa gives a reassuring pat on my shoulder. “Ok, handsome?”

I nod. I’ve a feeling if I look at those beautiful honest eyes I’m going to cry again but I rub her hand just to reassure her. After we finish eating and tidy away dinner all five of us look towards one another.

“So,” Lukas says, breaking the silence. “I take it we will need to form a plan of what to do tonight?”

Risa continues Lukas’ point “We can’t let Hiro or Morgan claim the Holy Grail. Furthermore Lancer is still now their most powerful weapon, we can’t leave her.”

Kiritsugu straightened his sitting posture and let out a cough. “This is true. However without our friend at our side we are sorely outmatched in terms of power. If we run in head first and eyes closed we may as well sign our own death warrants right here.”

And I think about the plan.

Choice!

Tonight is going to be a deadly encounter, whether it is planning around each other’s abilities or targeting others weaknesses it’s up to you to discuss these crucial moments. What will you do?
    1. Discover the history of Hiro Nomikata
    2. Share potential knowledge of the powers of Morgan Blytheseel
    3. Muse on the nature of the nameless Justice
    4. Consider an alliance with Reiner Corvella
    5. Inquire about the mysterious Atsusui Kishitoba
    6. Divulge the true name of Rider
    7. Consider the true identity of Archer and Caster
    8. Query the existence of Assassin
    9. Question the magecraft of Risa Cadmus Yggdmillenia
    10. Reveal that Mystic Code obtained from the Tohsaka Household
    11. Give up and run away Unacceptable!

Note: The following period is one where you may choose among multiple options to prepare for the upcoming events. Even if you do not pick a certain choice now, you will have the chance to pick it again later. However, the amount of choices you can make in total is quite limited, so choose selectively. However! Some choices may also trigger discussion on others.
    Last edited by Bird of Hermes; January 24th, 2021 at 12:04 PM.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries