Page 1436 of 1898 FirstFirst ... 4369361336138614261431143414351436143714381441144614861536 ... LastLast
Results 28,701 to 28,720 of 37943

Thread: Fate/Grand Order - English

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    He could be doing both, snorting coke and having his stash of wine like he did for Setsubun. Gotta have your blow and spirits for the apocalypse.
    Oh, I forgot he had that!
    ...I'd prefer it if it were a veiled reference to his drug habits in the stories, though. TM can be too self-referential at times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Honestly it would have been more impactful if she really did die, as much as I like Da Vinci.
    Yeah, agreed.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    I'm getting the impression Murderhobo stil murderhoboing it hard
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Honestly it would have been more impactful if she really did die, as much as I like Da Vinci.
    Well, she REALLY did die.

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yeah TinyVinci is cute, but still not feeling the necessity for the change. The shock of her sudden death was rendered a bit moot with that bait and switch. Would have either left her alive or dead and it just be Holmes guiding us - and at the current point where I'm at in this Belt at Ch. 11, has pretty much been the case.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    MARTHA HAS NEW ANIMATIONS.
    And they look amazing, too!

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    Loli da Vinci
    [Not sure if spoiler but smolvinci was not a soul ready perfect spare body a la Touko

She's a hastily made homunculus with a copy of Da Vinci's memories. She has a limited lifespan and is pretty much acting the role of the Da Vinci they knew for them.]
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Well, she REALLY did die.
    Yeah but then we have to put up with this copy who remembers us but is not the same person but acts kinda the same but not exactly and the whole dynamic is ruined
    She doesn't look as good, her presence isn't the same, every time we meet someone they need to talk about how she's a child... meh

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strange_One View Post
    Loli da Vinci
    [Not sure if spoiler but smolvinci was not a soul ready perfect spare body a la Touko

She's a hastily made homunculus with a copy of Da Vinci's memories. She has a limited lifespan and is pretty much acting the role of the Da Vinci they knew for them.]
    That was all said in the prologue, it's fine.

A Fleeting Fata Morgana Jin Uzuki's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I wish there was a way to tell how long these non-battle nodes are. Some of them are getting quite lengthily and it really hurts not being able to interrupt them like a normal VN (Without having to restart I mean).

loli da vinci is awful, should have made Sherlock the new face of the shop.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    ...I don-t think she acts the same. I'm finding her more insecure, for example. It's like she is constantly trying to reassure herself that she can live up to grown up Da Vinci.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    ...I don-t think she acts the same. I'm finding her more insecure, for example. It's like she is constantly trying to reassure herself that she can live up to grown up Da Vinci.
    That's why I said kinda but not exactly. She acts just like Da Vinci except that now everything comes through this filter of being a fake kid with borrowed memories, and that's a change for the worse.
    When Da Vinci was vulnerable it was special because she almost never shows it, and it only came after like a year of knowing her and a traumatic event that also affected us.
    But now it's an idea that's constantly in the background. Instead of being a self-assured renaissance genius who loves herself so much she changed her body to fit her ideal, she's a child genius who's trying her best and is in this body because of necessity.
    No one even mourns her loss because "Da Vinci" is still there so the death has no impact.

I just don't like her new dynamic with Holmes and the player.

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH---!!!!!! DreamsRequiem's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    Davinci was the oneesan that you can depend on, Lily is the imouto that's trying her best.

Ganbatte Davinci Lily!

The Lycopocalypse: Click at your own risk
    FGO NA Support:

IGN: Kurama Satou

US Friend Code
    I don't hate Da Vinci Lily, I just think she's redundant and ruins the impact. Especially because

Lostbelt 3 I think?
    Not only is Holmes here as support, but eventually Sion and Captain Nemo will be too, so we're not lacking for brains.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    I dunno, I found the old Da Vinci waffled between harmless and insufferable most of the time (with very few exceptions), so this mini version of her putting a brave face and trying so hard to live up to "her" is much more endearing. Definitely agree that they should've spaced out Da Vinci's death and her reappearance a lot more, but that just falls on the prologue section.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Spoiler isn't gonna show up for at least one more LB, though, and nobody in the current staff is good or prominent enough to be our All Purposes Science Doohickey Maker.

Lolivinci's basically the Talking Head and another waifu bait character combined, it's not a huge deal that she exists, but yeah, having her there does take away from the death.

I'm annoyed we don't get to meet any other Chaldea staff members that don't die immediately. It's just Goredolf, Meuniere and Generic Staff #1-5 or however many we still have. For a series all about Humanity Gud, there sure is a big ol' lack of humans.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Spoiler isn't gonna show up for at least one more LB, though, and nobody in the current staff is good or prominent enough to be our All Purposes Science Doohickey Maker.

Lolivinci's basically the Talking Head and another waifu bait character combined, it's not a huge deal that she exists, but yeah, having her there does take away from the death.

I'm annoyed we don't get to meet any other Chaldea staff members that don't die immediately. It's just Goredolf, Meuniere and Generic Staff #1-5 or however many we still have. For a series all about Humanity Gud, there sure is a big ol' lack of humans.
    There's four + Meuniere, but I don't know, do we really need to know their names when they're not going to be relevant?
    They did a pretty decent job of characterizing the faceless Chaldea staff in Part 1, specially in events.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    They do have names. Goredolf has them memorized, even.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    @Spoony - I don't mind the self-referential parts mainly because these people are, and this has been explained pretty well quite a few times, the people they were, but also bits of what history made of them. Being able to have their past but this new life is the charm of the franchise I think.
    Of course, it's also good that they don't always have every bit of experience their selves have with each summon or they would be unhinged even more than they already are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratosirving View Post
    Yeah TinyVinci is cute, but still not feeling the necessity for the change. The shock of her sudden death was rendered a bit moot with that bait and switch. Would have either left her alive or dead and it just be Holmes guiding us - and at the current point where I'm at in this Belt at Ch. 11, has pretty much been the case.
    Well, logically, as a servant fully invested to the cause, it would be foolish if Da Vinci didn't do something like this, especially seeing how desperate Chaldea was all the time and the close calls. Plus, they do make it loud and clear this IS a new person, who was jacked in with Da Vinci's memories and tries to move on from there. That they have the memories, but not necessarily the emotional attachment to them.

Also, Kadoc doesn't need anyway else to cuck him, homeboy is cucking himself just fine. Good god.

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH---!!!!!! DreamsRequiem's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries
    I honestly don't see LilyVinci and Davinci as the same people simply because of how they present themselves.

I get that people see her existence as 'taking away the impact from Davinci's death' but I see her as a work of genius from a true genius, and her creation makes absolute sense. She's existed outside of our awareness but Davinci always had her and made her because she knew that SHE herself wasn't expandable in the face of the end of the world.

Remember that we were facing the incineration of humanity and she was a vital part of keeping that away, her death would have led to disaster and she thus made Lily as back up because she absolutely needed to.

The Lycopocalypse: Click at your own risk
    FGO NA Support:

IGN: Kurama Satou

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Lily making sense and being a good strategical choice doesn't change her character, role and dynamics which is what I have a problem with.
    They could just have not killed Da Vinci, or left her role to Holmes and others.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Lily making sense and being a good strategical choice doesn't change her character, role and dynamics which is what I have a problem with.
    They could just have not killed Da Vinci, or left her role to Holmes and others.
    Fair enough, liking a decision and being cognizant of why it was done are two different things.
    However, Holmes is a dependable ally, but it's mainly because he likes adventure and mysteries, but isn't really there for us entirely, while Da Vinci was personally inclined to guide the player. And Gordolf is shaping up to be someone who needs guidance himself, so he's not fit for it either(in fact I know how you feel when it comes to how he shaping up to be basically the "what if Olga never died and we helped her become the Director she could be", but I would have rather they just kept Olga)..
    Maybe others from the staff could be molded for the role, since they have been there from the beginning, but I think having a person who can grow, but also has a link to those memories of the past is a good way of bridging into the next stage while having the familiarity a guide should have.
    Last edited by Altima of the Gates; March 28th, 2020 at 02:01 PM.