Page 1440 of 1897 FirstFirst ... 4409401340139014301435143814391440144114421445145014901540 ... LastLast
Results 28,781 to 28,800 of 37940

Thread: Fate/Grand Order - English

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Oh, I'm sure the idea is something like "a new Camelot, built / molded by us", but then wouldn't "Molded Camelot" (or something similar) work better?

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Altria & Ageteram shows why we should never trust Type-Moon's engrish.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

US Friend Code
    216447546 Shadow
    Mmm stakes for April tickets. Love to see it.
    Friend ID: 216,447,546
    NA Support List

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Oh, I'm sure the idea is something like "a new Camelot, built / molded by us", but then wouldn't "Molded Camelot" (or something similar) work better?
    Yeah but then it doesn't sound as close Lord Camelot.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, they're just using the name of the thing, it's not like they corrected the French in Jeanne Alter's NP either.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Ageteram
    Is that how they translated Airgetlam?

Poor Lammy...
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Is that how they translated Airgetlam?

Poor Lammy...
    Only on marketing stuff, in-game it's actually Airgetlám.

Strong start, strong finish. Shame that the middle is such a slog, though we've had worse in the game.
    Overall, I liked it quite a bit, though I wish Ivan had been more of a character and less of a plot device.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    It's a piano of that track at the end of Shimousa.

Is this the sad weep for the Lostbelters musak?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering Swordwoman View Post
    she has murderboner for young handsome male I see. The first time I really see it
    'Naw the murderboner's up for anyone that seems strong or she works out has some good murder techniques.

Her other boner gets erect the prettier and younger they are.
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Did you guys really think the middle was that bad? I honestly liked it. Yeah, there's nothing interesting in running errands for Atanlante, but you need those scenes to empathize with the Yaga and grow closer to Patxi. Kadoc and Ana also came in often to offer some more interesting scenes.

Or is everyone just talking about the filler battles? If that's so, than yeah, I guess you're right.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Did you guys really think the middle was that bad? I honestly liked it. Yeah, there's nothing interesting in running errands for Atanlante, but you need those scenes to empathize with the Yaga and grow closer to Patxi. Kadoc and Ana also came in often to offer some more interesting scenes.

Or is everyone just talking about the filler battles? If that's so, than yeah, I guess you're right.
    Yeah, I was talking about the filler battles.

- - - Updated - - -

And I think it was not as bad as, say, London filler battles . I HATED those.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    London didn't have anything other than filler battles.

"Yo master let's go explore the streets OH ANOTHER SET OF PUPPETS"
    "Yo master let's go search the streets some more OH WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT, IT'S YET MORE PUPPETS"
    "Yo master let's go explore the Magus Association OH WOW IT'S SOMETHING NEW WE'RE BEING ATTACKED BY BOOKS NOW"
    "Yo master let's go explore Atlas EGAD, HOLMES, WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT, EVEN MORE BOOKS ARE ATTACKING, WHAT A SURPRISE".

Yeah, LB1 wasn't as bad in terms of pointless busywork, but it did still have a bunch of "yo master let's go on a journey OH WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT IT'S GOLEM MAT- I mean, it's more demonic beasts that we should probably murder because it will keep people safe and definitely not because I want more materials for golems."

That said, there was actually some effort putting it in context, which was holy shit this entire country is starving and freezing please get these poor fools some food, unlike London, where it was the streets are filled with puppets for no reason and also books are getting up and shooting at you also for no reason for the entire fucking singularity.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    And also it shows how harsh this Russian Lostbelt is, demonic beast roaming and even destroying an entire village
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

US Friend Code
    The only time I felt like we had filler battles in this chapter was the 3 battles on the way back to the Shadow Border where there weren't even cutscenes. I didn't feel like the middle was too sluggish otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post

Other than the scenes back in Moscow, the story also felt a bit like filler. Some of Patxi's scenes were good; for instance, him taking care of his mother even though she's "unfit to live", that's a good way to develop his character and make us empathise more with him. That said, notice how his mother quickly ceases to be relevant as soon as she's discarded from the story?

Like I said, it's not as bad as we've had in the game, but it's a section which could have been tightened up a bit.

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just finished LB1 myself. Honestly I don't think it dragged in the middle; if anything the whole arc felt like it dragged, but not in the way most would think. I personally feel that the text just kept droning on... and on... and on... Seriously, I think at a steady reading pace with no skipping, it took me 15 minutes to get from the start of the first node of Chapter 21 to the actual first battle against Ivan!

I'd love to see the word count on this, because perhaps it's just from the immediacy of this arc, but it feels like Anatasia was at least twice as long as some of the arcs from Part 1, if not a bit more so. I suppose there's a case to be made about spreading the story out, especially considering the break to come but... goddamn I wasn't ready for the length of this arc. @_@

That said, we're essentially back to a HGW everyone! Caught me in the feels, even moreso considering the pet project I had for plenty of the past decade was a battle royale story in itself.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Honestly I thought the hardest bit to get through was the start. How many nodes of 0 AP story were there? 5? 6? I know we only had one stall fight with Mash until Aviceborn shows up. Not that I long for the days of exposition followed by sudden dragon attack, but it was probably the chapter that took the longest to actually get started.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    https://fgopinball.fate-go.us/

when you try to mimic the greatest game ever made
    not even close
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Other than the scenes back in Moscow, the story also felt a bit like filler. Some of Patxi's scenes were good; for instance, him taking care of his mother even though she's "unfit to live", that's a good way to develop his character and make us empathise more with him. That said, notice how his mother quickly ceases to be relevant as soon as she's discarded from the story?

Like I said, it's not as bad as we've had in the game, but it's a section which could have been tightened up a bit.
    Yeah, that I did. It was very jarring how he completely forgot about her until we had to attack the city.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    https://fgopinball.fate-go.us/

when you try to mimic the greatest game ever made
    not even close
    If they can't get us the apps I wish they'd just put the portraits in-game, that would be better.
    Spoiler:

Hey, at least this got me nostalgic enough to play for 15min, got all the Servants.
    Their descriptions are utterly unfunny though. Never seen so many bad jokes and dead memes in succession. Obviously didn't bother to read every Servant's.
    Last edited by pinetree; April 1st, 2020 at 04:33 AM.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Strong start, strong finish. Shame that the middle is such a slog, though we've had worse in the game.
    Overall, I liked it quite a bit, though I wish Ivan had been more of a character and less of a plot device.
    We were made to not really reconcile with each other due to circumstances, and having Ivan around earlier would have ruined the impact of the decision to abandon this Lostbelt to its fate. It would be dragging it out more than needed, and you'd be wondering when we would just end the misery. It would be like continuing to keep a rotting leg attached, you know it has to be cut off sometime.

It was nice, literally it seemed like Kadoc was cucking himself (the irony my first roll after finishing it got me Anastasia is not lost on me). Patxi, Atalante, and the Yaga get my sympathy, and this universe is a bum for its mechanics. Gordolf still needs to know his role and shut his mouth, at least a little bit.