Page 1615 of 1902 FirstFirst ... 61511151515156516051610161316141615161616171620162516651715 ... LastLast
Results 32,281 to 32,300 of 38033

Thread: Fate/Grand Order - English

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by naschyamamoto View Post
    Spoiler:

Up until now I'd assumed that the Cause rank was just a fancy way of saying "congrats for clearing Part 1!", but if it ties into Clock Tower lore (even retroactively) that's actually some food for thought. Is there a place somewhere were the Ranks of Clock Tower mages is properly explained?
    https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...=1#post2583147

The detailed explanation is in that link but basically:

Grand: Tip top best of the best. Super rare in history, Touko is the only one we know.
    Brand: For practical purposes considered the top rank since Grand is so rare. Kayneth was one, and so is Touko's teacher Inorai.
    Pride: Good mages like Zouken
    Fes: An honorary rank given for special skills and achievements. Waver is Fes because he's such a good teacher, Bazett is Fes because of her Tradition Carrier. This means Fes mages can range all over the place from weak to strong.
    Cause: I think just the average adult mage?
    Count: idk
    Frame: Students and complete beginners.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Man, Gray needs a boatload of rare mats for her skills. Over a hundred Bones and Dusts? My constant mats hell. Though I suppose it fits for a gravekeeper.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by naschyamamoto View Post
    Up until now I'd assumed that the Cause rank was just a fancy way of saying "congrats for clearing Part 1!", but if it ties into Clock Tower lore (even retroactively) that's actually some food for thought. Is there a place somewhere were the Ranks of Clock Tower mages is properly explained?
    1) Grand. A Rank so rare that regular mages treat Brand as the de facto highest rank. Touko is the only one who has it as far as we know. (Darnic is a Grand only in the Apocrypha timeline due to complicated circumstances, check his Apo mats profile for more details)

2) Brand. De facto highest rank. All Brands are assigned colors when acquiring this rank, with the best of the best gaining one of the 3 primary colors, and the not as good gaining the mixed colors. If you remember Touko in KnK complaining about how she was titled Red when she wanted Blue, this is what she was talking about. Most of the Lords are in this rank.

3) Pride. All of Waver's students reach this rank (or higher) within 10 years. Svin was already ranked Pride immediately after graduation, and you can see his awarding ceremony in the last episode of the Case Files anime.

4) Fes. Special ranks given to those the Clock Tower deserving of merit regardless of their level of magecraft. For example, Bazett is a Fes for having a divine weapon and Waver is a Fes for raising a shitton of Prides. As a natural consenquence of being the weird one, the power levels here are all over the place, with some Fes easily kicking Brand ass while others can't land a good hit on a Cause.

5) Cause. Official recognition that your mage lineage knows what they're doing. Considered the best a family with less than 500 of mage history can achieve. No idea why Fujimaru is this instead of a Fes.

6) Count. Considering Cause is the recognition your family has a plan, Counts should be the mage lines who still haven't figured what their approach to the Root will be.

7) Flame. I guess complete beginners?

US Friend Code
    Yeah Fujimaru really should have been Fes, it's weird.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    The likely reason is that Da Vinci hid Fujimaru’s degree of involvement and ability to maintain a mind-boggling number of Servant contracts at a time in order to keep them from getting either a Sealing Designation or dissected

US Friend Code
    Can magi who’re granted ranks by Clock Tower even be subjected to Sealing Designation? Fes does seem to be the likeliest category to get an SD.

A Fleeting Fata Morgana Jin Uzuki's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I threw the tickets at the banner and I got 2 4 stars in a row, first the Suikoden guy and then Shteno.

I feel like this is the game trying to mock me.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OnesFleetingGlory View Post
    Can magi who’re granted ranks by Clock Tower even be subjected to Sealing Designation? Fes does seem to be the likeliest category to get an SD.
    Touko is a Grand and got designated.

Quote Originally Posted by Jin Uzuki View Post
    I threw the tickets at the banner and I got 2 4 stars in a row, first the Suikoden guy and then Shteno.

I feel like this is the game trying to mock me.
    Who's the Suikoden guy?

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    I mean, if you're NOT part of the Clock Tower it's unlikely they'll even know enough about you TO designate you as a Sealing target. Every Sealing Designee we've known about is or was at some point a member, I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

46 rolls got me nothing but a bunch of CEs, I'm sad.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

US Friend Code
    Is it my imagination or does this event have more unique backgrounds and CGs than events usually get?

US Friend Code
    I was under the belief that they’re only targeting rogue magi, since it would disrupt the balance to target someone of noteworthy lineage, unless they’re either not backed by the family or disowned. And there are other magi who are not associated with Clock Tower, like Atlas Institute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssgth View Post
    Who's the Suikoden guy?
    Yan Qing. Suikoden is based on Water Margin.

Welp, monthly tickets gave me Reines instead of NP2 Astraea. This gatcha sure went well despite only using tickets LOL.

Yan Qing. Suikoden is based on Water Margin.
    Thanks, I didn't know that. Guess I should try the game

Quote Originally Posted by mami-kouga View Post
    Gray is unbelievably cute and I would die for her. Reines is pretty fun too, I don't usually care for teasing types but hers doesn't really have much bite so I do enjoy conversing with her
    Reines feels like she has less bite than the CF novels, where she is unabashedly a sadist.

US Friend Code
    Shout out to the grailed Salieri on my friends list who 3 turned the Mecha Eli memorial quest.

US Friend Code
    This event might not be written by Sanda, which explains the more subdued Reines.

US Friend Code
    It was written by Sanda they announced that he was a guest writer. Reines just has a soft spot for Guda like she does Gray, because gotta make sure everyone loves Guda.

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think this event is one of my favorites so far, if only because the locations of the Free Quests means that the battle music doesn't get stale. Constantly swapping to new nodes keeps it pretty fresh, yet nostalgic at the same time.

Oh before I forget, I actually went ahead and MLB'd the shop CE and stuck it on my Astraea in the Extra slot for those that wish to use her for Rare appearance up. :|
    Last edited by Kratosirving; May 1st, 2021 at 08:02 PM.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

US Friend Code
    So many Ruler and Avenger fight, good thing I've got BB this time around.

Rematch with Gawain, this time I brought Euryale and Robin. Man Da Vinci CE helped the NP damage plenty.