Page 1673 of 1902 FirstFirst ... 67311731573162316631668167116721673167416751678168317231773 ... LastLast
Results 33,441 to 33,460 of 38025

Thread: Fate/Grand Order - English

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I dunno, Astolfo isn't that far off from Mordred in terms of power when fighting all out. He doesn't have the raw power to put her down for good, but he could definitely stall her if he had some help. Rememeber, he's a Rider yet he never gets to use his mount before the end of the story.
    Astolfo did technically win Apocrypha in the end and many of the big events that happen started because he choose to save Sieg before he became his Master. So he has at least good instinct/luck.

Saber wars is close and I'm all nerves. I'm remembering my last time rolling and how many SQ is cost just for 1 5 star and this time I'm hoping for an NP3 so I can have a challenge quest wave beat stick if I get the meta Arts caster next year. 2 days to go I wish everyone rolling good luck.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I just finished SIN and it was pretty good. Definitely better than Götterdämmerung but Anastasia is still the best LB so far.

Qin is my favorite Lostbelt King, even though his redemption at the end was quite rushed and didn't really convince me. The rest of the story was very compelling and wonderfully paced though. I can't remember the last time I read anything in this game that wasted so little time getting to the point.

That said, it's weird how poorly executed the Yu couple is and how little time we spend with them. They never spend a single scene detailing how is it that Mei-ren actually fell in love with this machine, Kuaiji Zero starts loving her from one scene to the next as if he suddenly turned into Xiang Yu and even the small amount of good moments they have together are destroyed by how ridiculous Xiang Yu looks. I just cannot take seriously this romance between absurdly overdesigned horse demon and skimpy anime girl. Not to mention it's really disappointing that both of the female Crypters are almost entirely defined by their love for the man they serve. One after the other too.
    Their final moments fell totally flat because of that, specially Yu Mei-ren, who basically stopped talking and kept the exact same expression for like 10 scenes straight before the end.

Other characters were handled very well. I already talked about how much I liked Spartacus but Jing Ke was also great. Nezha and Mordred didn't do much but they've had other stories to shine in so that's really not a problem.

Chen Gong and Red Hare are another exception too. I already expected Red Hare to annoy me, but I didn't expect they'd make a point to insert his lame-ass repetitive joke in every single serious scene after his introduction. I also didn't expect for Chen Gong to also be a walking meme with no role to play in the story at all. The chapter would've been much better without those two.

US Friend Code
    My favorite part of SIN by far was when Qin freaked out during Jing Ke's phone scene. How he went from dismissive to remembering her and genuinely scared. So good.
    Last edited by Reign; October 16th, 2021 at 02:05 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's definitely up there. Right bellow Spartacus' defying gravity to me.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What happened between LB3 and 4? They keep talking about a Rayshifting incident? Goredolf weight was affected somehow?

Are they actually talking about an Event in the story? Because that's crazy new.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The event with Kama.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh OK, that makes sense. For some reason I thought that was released after the LB

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Spartacus was great in LB 3. He was the highlight of the Lostbelt for me.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    it's really disappointing that both of the female Crypters are almost entirely defined by their love for the man they serve.
    I don't think that's really fair. Ophelia's arc (and by extension, her Lostbelt's general theme) was about love's different facets and how she never truly understood it, neither romantic love (her own attachment to Kirschtaria, Surtr's posessive love of her, Brynhildr's destructive but immutable love of Sigurd) nor 'familial' love (Skadi's love for all the humans in the Lostbelt, her own budding friendship with Mash, the sisterly love between the Valkyries that made them able to disregard their own programming). Her being in love with Kirschtaria is probably the least important of those conflicting 'loves'. On the other hand, SIN and Hinako's (the humanlike non-human) arc were more about 'what measure human?'. Hinako's love for Xiang Yu to the exclusion of all else plays a big part in her motivations, yes, but her hatred of the rest humanity and the way they've never accepted her or even left her alone is just as important.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, poor Nezha got shafted in LB3 and then again permanently in LB4, double tap just like that.
    Last edited by Deathhappens; October 17th, 2021 at 05:15 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I agree with you in regards to Ophelia and wouldn't even see it as a problem if it wasn't directly followed by Hinako.

I disagree completely in regards to Hinako though. Urobuchi clearly wanted to her conflict with humans to be an important part of her character by itself, but it's ultimately a failure. Her exclusion from human society is touched upon, specially in that one flashaback scene, but it mostly exists as justification for her relationship with Xiang Yu (except for her scenes with Koyanskaya, which are good).
    Her depiction through the story doesn't really allow you to focus on any other aspect, specially when you have her complete lack of proactivity in the finale until husband dies. It's a really damning last impression.
    If they had spent some scenes focusing on her relationship with other characters then that might have helped her feel more like a complete character separate form her marriage, but as I said before, the story spends a surprising small amount of time with her and/or Xiang Yu.
    We could've used a scene discussing what makes them human or not with Qin, her relationship with Lanling REALLY needed more than a brief flashback at the start of the chapter etc.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Her relationship with Lanling, well, to be more accurate her dynamic with him was largely touched upon in her interlude, to which some people argue should've been put in SIN. Unfortunately, with her revealing herself only after Lanling's sacrifice really kept their interactions from being shown further.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    They could've displayed their relationship without revealing anything simply by making it so she summoned him before the start of the story instead of right after we get there. Their close relationship could be attributed to the time they spent together off-screen.

Obviously some things still wouldn't sound right if you paid attention, but then they'd serve as hints to her real identity.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    I want to specify about this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Her depiction through the story doesn't really allow you to focus on any other aspect, specially when you have her complete lack of proactivity in the finale until husband dies. It's a really damning last impression.
    Yu is not the most sociable being, especially toward humans, which is the point of her character, resulting in her dropping out of Lostbelt competition and won't expand hers anymore. Her passiveness is best shown when she went so far as to keep QSH from finding out PHH so that both her and Lostbelt Xiang Yu could live in peace. And then Vitch came and everything went to hell.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm not talking about her decision to stay out of the fight though, that was an interesting take on a Crypter. I'm talking about what we see during the final scenes, after Xiang Yu has already convinced her to support him in going against us. She just follows whatever he is doing in silence with a permanent worried expression every time the game bothers to show her.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle telesbleach's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    My device was running on life support so i bought a new one.

I'm now using a Galaxy tab A7 lite, it runs fgo kinda smoothly, but the graphics of the sprites and the background can get a litlle pixelated in the fights, not sure if thats a device thing or a fgo thing, but i don't remenber my older tablet having this issue, maybe i just didn't noticed it. whatever, it gets the job done.

ready for Saber Wars II, lets see if i can keep my avenger collection going.

Oh shit, Comun is green, ruuuuuuun.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh god it's spreading oh fuck
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Oh shit, Comun is green, ruuuuuuun.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh god it's spreading oh fuck
    Carry on Citizen.

US Friend Code
    No Ishtar, RIP

Time to save until May

YEAAAAAAAAHHHHHH---!!!!!! DreamsRequiem's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    714, 551,159
    Blog Entries

LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Lycopocalypse: Click at your own risk
    FGO NA Support:

IGN: Kurama Satou

309SQs, 17 tickets got me
    -2 Astartes
    -2 Calamity Janes
    -1 Stheno spook (new)
    -assorted event CEs

Main goal more than achieved, but I was hoping for another Kscope or Black Grail in there somewhere... but I am too happy to care!
    Last edited by Deathhappens; October 18th, 2021 at 03:15 PM.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.