Page 1493 of 1897 FirstFirst ... 4939931393144314831488149114921493149414951498150315431593 ... LastLast
Results 29,841 to 29,860 of 37940

Thread: Fate/Grand Order - English

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    So, just for confirmation: in spite of Sigurd's higher Attack, Lancelot is still a better single-target Saber because of his battery and his critfishing, right?

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    I hereby declare I was handicapped slightly as Seiba (Edgy) straight up murdered the damage trial wave and prevented her from properly getting in crits.
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Really? My Siegfried got more than that at NP1.

Weirdly enough, he did way less damage when I used George to turn Tesla into a dragon. I guess Semiramis's 50% Buster Resist Down on all three targets is worth more than having a third target for 80% Anti-Dragon.
    Strange indeed. You had Anti Dragon skill at 9 as well right?

Had I more time, I woulda tried more combos. There was that Atk up diminishing returns thing, I don't have highly skilled Buster up skills.
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    she also has 30% np up on jp
    also this chart is massively misleading lol summermedb
    while knowing the boost value of single servants is nice its always about total buff combination of attack/def * card * crit/np/power

- - - Updated - - -

tamamo actually has the worst combo of big 3 because arts have little to no attack ups
    so overloading on arts/np up doesnt result in superior damage compared to more balanced quick or buster strategies
    Arts DPS has plenty of attack up. Even in classes where there are only 5 or 6 arts units you'll have some who have a charisma equivalent. Attack up is pretty much the most common damage buff in the game, while NP damage up is one of the rarest, much less 3 turn versions on 5 turn cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    No choice but to stan any data that has Osakabehime beating Merlin tbh
    Don't underestimate Neethime. She has a defense down that goes up to 40% and once her NP buff drops she'll give quick and buster 30% up for 3 turns. Its unfortunate that you have to use her NP beforehand, but she does a lot of work for those who use her.

Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    np damage is low tier anyway, crit damage is where the big numbers shine and bustercrits rule that domain
    Crit damage only gets big numbers with stacked 100% crit up skills. If you want to go to town, using a maxed Black Grail will offer the greatest damage boost in regular play and NPs get such a huge multiplier for good ones that they will beat out crits anyway. NPs are also the only way to quickly farm, 99% of the game experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    So, just for confirmation: in spite of Sigurd's higher Attack, Lancelot is still a better single-target Saber because of his battery and his critfishing, right?
    Sigurd has a higher attack, a more powerful crit damage buff, and a 1 turn buster steroid. He has no battery or star pull skill to easily apply those skills however and limited defensive ability. Saberlot is all offense, but he has a battery and star pull skill so you can focus on defensive support for him without losing out on much.

Overall Saberlot is easier to use, Sigurd has a more powerful ceiling if you have the account to take advantage of it.
    Leviathan
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendant View Post
    No choice but to stan any data that has Osakabehime beating Merlin tbh
    i mean given you can afford firing Osakabe NP and you only need 1 turn damage (because her defdown is 1 turn) she is indeed really, really good
    still her conditions are relevant basically never

Quote Originally Posted by ttestagr View Post
    Arts DPS has plenty of attack up. Even in classes where there are only 5 or 6 arts units you'll have some who have a charisma equivalent. Attack up is pretty much the most common damage buff in the game, while NP damage up is one of the rarest, much less 3 turn versions on 5 turn cooldowns.
    there is a notorious lack of attack ups in arts supports. Tamamo has none, gil only has 20, lan ling only has 20, paracelsus has none, even nero bride caps out at 40
    and since black grail is a thing, typical double tamamo has 100 arts and 60 np before black grail and no attack whatsoever which is horribly imbalanced when compared to 100quick/60defdown skadi2 and 40atk/100buster merlin2

NP damage, by its nature, is a second-tier buff while attack and card ups are first tier

np damage is low tier anyway, crit damage is where the big numbers shine and bustercrits rule that domain

incredibly wrong
    np strats are easier and more efficient to play than any crits because you dont rely on the deck

Skadi is tied for number 1 in total potential damage buffs even today in JP outside of one rng max roll. When combining a 50% battery, her role is basically a combo of Waver's immediate NP provide and better than Merlin's damage buffs for NP. When you also consider that Quick Servants have more powerful NPs to compensate for lower card damage, it really is a brutal combo.

Rank Servant Damage Increase Requeriments
    1 Summer Medb (Highroll) 104% Use NP (Single Target), Art NP
    2 Tamamo 95% Art NP
    2 Skadi 95% Quick NP
    4 Caster Gilgamesh 83.3% Use NP, Art NP
    5 Osakabehime 82% Single Target, Use NP, Quick or Buster NP
    6 Merlin 80% Buster NP
    6 Lanling 80% Use NP, Art NP
    6 Summer Medb (Average) 80% Use NP, Art NP
    9 Mozart 72.8% Use NP (RNG), Art NP
    10 Reines 70% Use NP
    10 Medb 70% Single Target, Male DD
    12 Murasaki 69% Demonic Target
    12 Santa Nightingale 69% Use NP
    12 Kiara 69% Single Target, Art NP
    15 Summer Raikou 68% Buster NP
    15 Wu Zetian 68% Single Target, Quick NP
    17 Barthollomew Roberts 60.3% Use NP
    18 Elizabeth 60% Single Target, Female DD
    18 Waver 60% Use NP
    18 Nero Bride 60% Use NP (Single Target)
    18 Mata Hari 60% Single Target, Use NP
    18 Stheno 60% Use NP (Single Target)
    18 Moriarty 60% Use NP (Single Target), Evil DD
    24 Quetzalcoatl 57.3% Buster NP

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/...mage_supports/
    Sorry this is a little confusing to me but is this saying Summer Medb has the strongest single target attack? If so why don't I hear about people using her with Tamamo and Caster Gil more? All 3 combined should reach 282.3 % right, since the 2 casters can increase others? Sorry about this but I was originally planing to not summon this summer banner but if Summer Medb can be a an Arts boss killer I may reconsider.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    What's the command code do?
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

i mean given you can afford firing Osakabe NP and you only need 1 turn damage (because her defdown is 1 turn) she is indeed really, really good
    still her conditions are relevant basically never

there is a notorious lack of attack ups in arts supports. Tamamo has none, gil only has 20, lan ling only has 20, paracelsus has none, even nero bride caps out at 40
    and since black grail is a thing, typical double tamamo has 100 arts and 60 np before black grail and no attack whatsoever which is horribly imbalanced when compared to 100quick/60defdown skadi2 and 40atk/100buster merlin2

NP damage, by its nature, is a second-tier buff while attack and card ups are first tier

incredibly wrong
    np strats are easier and more efficient to play than any crits because you dont rely on the deck
    That is not something I agree with. Card damage always affects a limited number of a Servant's attacks, its why the buffs for it tend to get higher than attack up. NP damage up effects less things, but it also offers boost for Servant's most powerful and useful attack. You mention the supports, but both Bride and Gil are pretty much the next best arts support. As long as you have them at an average amount the difference in results is marginal. Hence both Neethime and Merlin adding up to 70% but the multiplicative bonus being only 80-82%. If you are worrying about that level of buff, the rng of low and high rolls are worse concerns. Not to mention the most used Mystic Code also offers 30% attack up, and its pretty much a staple in any looping setup without superscope.

Tamamo's specific setups are just as competitive to anything buster or quick put out and she already has good tools for the job with more exceptional ones being added. Chen Gong is coming after all, the caster who can farm 180k hp riders much less other classes or assassins.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamamo-no-Mae Goshujin-sama View Post
    Sorry this is a little confusing to me but is this saying Summer Medb has the strongest single target attack? If so why don't I hear about people using her with Tamamo and Caster Gil more? All 3 combined should reach 282.3 % right, since the 2 casters can increase others? Sorry about this but I was originally planing to not summon this summer banner but if Summer Medb can be a an Arts boss killer I may reconsider.
    Medb is rng. She has 20% in each arts resist down and attack up for team. Her NP has a rng mechanic where each hit has a 60-100% chance based on overcharge to apply defense down on target. It maxes out at 50%. That result is rare, and it is also possible to whiff each attempt and get no damage boost from it. the only really reliable way to guarantee it is with Edison and the Demonic Bodhisattva CE. Potentially fun, not really worth it unless you want to mess around a bit.
    Leviathan
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    That is not something I agree with. Card damage always affects a limited number of a Servant's attacks, its why the buffs for it tend to get higher than attack up. NP damage up effects less things, but it also offers boost for Servant's most powerful and useful attack. You mention the supports, but both Bride and Gil are pretty much the next best arts support. As long as you have them at an average amount the difference in results is marginal. Hence both Neethime and Merlin adding up to 70% but the multiplicative bonus being only 80-82%. If you are worrying about that level of buff, the rng of low and high rolls are worse concerns. Not to mention the most used Mystic Code also offers 30% attack up, and its pretty much a staple in any looping setup without superscope.

Tamamo's specific setups are just as competitive to anything buster or quick put out and she already has good tools for the job with more exceptional ones being added. Chen Gong is coming after all, the caster who can farm 180k hp riders much less other classes or assassins.
    you cant disagree with the damage formula, it doesnt have an opinion

it very specifically goes ATK * CARD * POWER and its max is reached when all multipliers are equally balanced
    2 * 2 * 2 = 8
    1 * 2 * 3 = 6
    where POWER is composite of NP-up (for NPs), crit-up (for crits) and power-up (for both)
    since NPup is but an element of POWER rather than its own thing, it is, by nature, inferior than ATK and CARD buffs, in general. That and also the fact that it only affects NP instead of (all main color cards) and (all cards)
    and in any situation where PowerUp is involved value of NPup is reduced further proportionally to the amount of PowerUp gained

as such, Tamamo is indeed inferior to the other, and double tamamo is not always even guaranteed to be peak damage setup, unlike say double merlin or double skadi

unrelated but CG does not reach 180k of halved damage under normal conditions that sounds like a bogus number
    neutral sure, but not halved

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Overall Saberlot is easier to use, Sigurd has a more powerful ceiling if you have the account to take advantage of it.
    I see! I'll leave Lancelot as my support Saber, then, especially since his skills are maxed and his NP rank is 2, not just 1. Thanks!

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    I don't know how the duck people had 10/10/10 Skadis out day 1, but I sincerely hope nobody's expecting me to put her up at any point in the near future. QP costs aside, wtf are these mat requirements? She needs some of every single new mat...
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I don't know how the duck people had 10/10/10 Skadis out day 1, but I sincerely hope nobody's expecting me to put her up at any point in the near future. QP costs aside, wtf are these mat requirements? She needs some of every single new mat...
    It's not like NA people didn't know she was a long time coming and had ample time to prepare or anything.

The only way to prepare this stuff (since there hasn't been an event with these mats yet) would be to actually go out and farm those mats in the LB themselves. I sincerely hope you don't do this.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

I didn't. A lot of people did tho

It's a meme (I know people did this tho, and it's sad considering you put up an extraordinary amount of effort to gather mats for a Servant you might not end up rolling).

- - - Updated - - -

Not that I'm one to talk, I once spammed Assassin Embers in preparation for King Hassan and ended up feeding them to Serenity.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

incredibly wrong
    did I say anything about ease or efficiency? it's just unga bunga big numbers and bustercrits clearly win that contest

I started saving mats for her since the start of the year, so it wasn't too hard. skillet skadis have a grace period until gilfest but when the macro farming begins, they will get purged.

That's fine, I'm not gonna put her up until she's done anyway.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Blog Entries
    The only way to prepare this stuff (since there hasn't been an event with these mats yet) would be to actually go out and farm those mats in the LB themselves. I sincerely hope you don't do this.
    its not actually that much farming if you save story rewards from lb2, its mostly just aurora steel farming

- - - Updated - - -

did I say anything about ease or efficiency? it's just unga bunga big numbers and bustercrits clearly win that contest
    no they dont
    fishing for unga bunga buster crits requires you to roll the crits in your deck on first turn which isnt fun even on bbb servants
    and unless you roll bbb (which is UNLIKELY) turn one you will in fact not outdamage an NP
    NPs are supreme choice, you only go NPBB if you cant ohko
    because fuck card fishing

its not actually that much farming if you save story rewards from lb2, its mostly just aurora steel farming

- - - Updated - - -

no they dont
    fishing for unga bunga buster crits requires you to roll the crits in your deck on first turn which isnt fun even on bbb servants
    and unless you roll bbb (which is UNLIKELY) turn one you will in fact not outdamage an NP
    A change I would like to see added. Is for them to make it so that past the first clear of a CQ (the one that nets you your lore) for it to allow you to select your starting hand. It's a dead quest anyway at that point, you can't even get bond or anything from it so why not make it less frustrating on players

did you just ignore the part about efficiency? of course it's not efficient, it still gives the biggest numbers

Blog Entries
    did you ignore the part about NP giving the biggest number?