Page 1437 of 1897 FirstFirst ... 4379371337138714271432143514361437143814391442144714871537 ... LastLast
Results 28,721 to 28,740 of 37940

Thread: Fate/Grand Order - English

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    LB 1 completed.
    It was fun. Very strong start, very very strong ending, maybe a little too much inconsequential fights in some chapters in the middle but even that part was still very enjoyable.

US Friend Code
    I'm not done yet but it's probably the chapter I've enjoyed most since Babylonia.

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Going through this arc, I can honestly say I'm enjoying some of the changes to the gameplay that was added to the game overtime to try and combat the constant NP spam to win every battle. Having different battles depending on your choice is a core RPG mechanic that I didn't realize should have been in this game years ago, and having the Crypters use Mystic Code skills and Command Spells makes those battles a lot more interesting than the normal boss rush - or at least it is so far with the Ch. 14 battle I just got finished with.

Lostbelt looking like a very good, solid update for FGO. Shame about the length between story arcs that are to come, but what can ya do. :|
    Last edited by Kratosirving; March 28th, 2020 at 10:34 PM.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So, is it just me or is Billy's dialogue way more stereotypical in this chapter? I don't remember him talking like this before.

Anyway, I just finished it. Great chapter, second only to Camelot.
    Patxi is the best non-Servant character in the game, Crypter battles are fun (specially if you go with your own "main Servant" instead of destroying Kadoc with Buster Rider + double Merlin), and the use of the soundtrack in this chapter was really good too, specially during the final battles.
    There's a lot to praise in this but I specially liked Kadoc and Anastasia, they finally bring into FGO the best character dynamic in the franchise: Master and Servant that complement each other. It's something that is pretty crucial to my enjoyment of Fate and that was completely absent until now. Good stuff, this is the only Lostbelt I actually read (I do know spoilers from LB2, 3 and 5 though), so I'm excited to see how the other Crypters interact with their Servants.

I saw some people complaining that there are too many filler stages in the middle, but honestly, I have Nitocris and 1 kaleido so it really doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratosirving View Post
    Having different battles depending on your choice is a core RPG mechanic that I didn't realize should have been in this game years ago
    You know what annoyed me about those? In the second one, you watch the scene, make the choice, and then choose your party. Why isn't every mission in the game like that? Having to choose your party before knowing what is going to happen in the scene is dumb.

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    So, is it just me or is Billy's dialogue way more stereotypical in this chapter? I don't remember him talking like this before.
    tagging just in case for others
    The difference in Billy's way of speech is likely explained in how basically the Rogue Servants summoned to this Lostbelt (and I'll assume the same follows for the other ones) have the memories of their place from Proper Human History, but are also being influenced by the current Lostbelt in some way, essentially affecting their personality to some degree. Atalante's insecurity and lack of caring about collateral damage could also be explained as simply her being her Alter form, but this theory fits just as well.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratosirving View Post
    tagging just in case for others
    The difference in Billy's way of speech is likely explained in how basically the Rogue Servants summoned to this Lostbelt (and I'll assume the same follows for the other ones) have the memories of their place from Proper Human History, but are also being influenced by the current Lostbelt in some way, essentially affecting their personality to some degree. Atalante's insecurity and lack of caring about collateral damage could also be explained as simply her being her Alter form, but this theory fits just as well.
    Uh... I guess? I really don't see how that would make him talk MORE like a cowboy instead of less. If it really is different then it's probably just a choice of whoever edited his dialogue this time around. Just like how they often captalized words in spoilergirlMusashi's dialogue (to convey her genki character better I guess), which I also don't remember being something they did before.

US Friend Code
    Atalanta also used to pepper in thee's and thy's but doesn't here.

Also why are Kadoc and Anastasia so cute together wtf
    Last edited by Reign; March 29th, 2020 at 12:02 AM.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    Uh... I guess? I really don't see how that would make him talk MORE like a cowboy instead of less. If it really is different then it's probably just a choice of whoever edited his dialogue this time around. Just like how they often captalized words in spoilergirlMusashi's dialogue (to convey her genki character better I guess), which I also don't remember being something they did before.
    honestly believe its just the translation team getting bolder with time, for better or worse.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I didn’t notice any difference in style in the Japanese version. At least not with Billy and Atalante.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, weeblord is probably right.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Paxi want to join us again after betraying rebel army and us is just funny. It seems he is so comfortable with our group
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    In the second one, you watch the scene, make the choice, and then choose your party. Why isn't every mission in the game like that?
    Well, it is will be used a lot in the future events and story chapters.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle telesbleach's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Now that i have more inventory space thanks to have spend the acumulated exp, i decided to roll my fp.

My Golden Sumo is at level 96 (was at 70) and i still have 2.5 million fp to go through. its gonna take a while.

i also want to max my HNS and Aerial Drive (both also at lv 70) and see if a can get my Manju to np3 or something.

A Fleeting Fata Morgana Jin Uzuki's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    On chapter 10. Kinda not impressed so far.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If you still haven’t been impressed by this point, you’ll remain unimpressed until the last chapter.

Signed, a player who remained unimpressed until the last chapter.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    There's four + Meuniere, but I don't know, do we really need to know their names when they're not going to be relevant?
    They did a pretty decent job of characterizing the faceless Chaldea staff in Part 1, specially in events.
    Such a good job that most people went into Cosmos thinking Chaldea was all run by Romani and Da Vinci, yes.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Then I guess those people should've paid more attention?
    They don't get addressed constantly in main story but they get lines every now and then and are mentioned plenty of times, specially in events and EoR.

Would I prefer them to be an actual cast of characters we interact with? Maybe, but they aren't and weren't ever meant to be. For faceless background characters, they're good enough.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Then I guess those people should've paid more attention?
    They don't get addressed constantly in main story but they get lines every now and then and are mentioned plenty of times, specially in events and EoR.

Would I prefer them to be an actual cast of characters we interact with? Maybe, but they aren't and weren't ever meant to be. For faceless background characters, they're good enough.
    We literally had two introduced during the prologue, only to be removed in the very same chapter, apparently for zero reason. I would 100% prefer it if we at least kept a few regular ol' humans along with Meuniere, instead of just "ha ha here is tsukkomi guy and also some background staff i guess now get out of the cockpit you shouldn't care about these characters because here's the next waifu to piss away your life savings on".

Like, we could've dropped Loli Vinci entirely, or if you're really insistent on having her as a Servant, just had her as a helper AI/hologram we can only bring out in the shop or once in a while when we've got power and materials to spare, all we needed was one staff member who does magitech engineering and one who's at least well read in esoteric obscure magics and so on. Doesn't need to be a massive undertaking to get to know a few of the staff who're working & supporting us behind the scenes.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Look I definitely agree that we need more supporting characters that are not Servants, I just don't know about suddenly giving names and faces to someone in the staff and pretending this person was always there.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Again- we already have, and then binned them immediately after, and it's not necessary to suddenly come up with a whole host of well-fleshed out characters. We've been living in Chaldea for a year now, it makes zero sense that there aren't both staff we've talked with on a daily basis and staff who just spent most of their time down in the reactor constantly pulling double shifts, who we see once in a blue moon.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP