Page 1441 of 1897 FirstFirst ... 4419411341139114311436143914401441144214431446145114911541 ... LastLast
Results 28,801 to 28,820 of 37940

Thread: Fate/Grand Order - English

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Eh. I think exploring Ivan more would have enhanced his impact on the story, and exploring - even if just a bit - the specific events and circumstances which led to his decision to merge human beings and beasts (or rather, his thought processes behind said decision and how it impacted him) would also have helped convey how this Yaga reality deserves to live just as much as the original.

And oh, yeah, Gordolf is really grating. Olga Marie was arrogant, but he takes it a whole new level of stupidity.
    Last edited by SpoonyViking; April 1st, 2020 at 07:56 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
    Gordolf still needs to know his role and shut his mouth, at least a little bit.
    Why though? This is a cast of adventures who got way too used to attempting crazy stunts after about 12 Singularities. Giving authority to the one guy who still can properly see danger as danger is the wise move here, even if quite often frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    Why though? This is a cast of adventures who got way too used to attempting crazy stunts after about 12 Singularities. Giving authority to the one guy who still can properly see danger as danger is the wise move here, even if quite often frustrating.
    It's debatable at least.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrapnel View Post
    Bob the Builder's evil twin.
    Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    HF felt like Nasu holding up a megaphone and screaming, "LOOK AT HOW SAD THIS IS! ISN'T IT SAD? YOU SHOULD FEEL SAD!"

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    > Einzbern

> Making smart decisions

Pick one

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Palingenesis just sounds like we're creating Sarah Palin.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    >tfw you betray your ideals to get some

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    In short, Japan's syncretism BS striked again.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Curse
    Blessing
    of the Boobs

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries
    As Holmes points out the entire situation is dangerous. Running away to void space is an escape to less immediate danger uses resources and shuts off any chance for an out. His handle on the situation also does a lot to keep success and survival chances high.

Rally driving with a Tardis tank mobile home appears to be the only way in which Gboy been useful thus far.
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

I finally finished this lostbelt now I can start reading everyone's thoughts. I enjoyed it.

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Was anyone else somewhat hit hard in the feels when Salieri began playing TTLS?
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar

its been a while lol

Blog Entries
    Goddamnit, I knew it was too good to be true.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

A Fleeting Fata Morgana Jin Uzuki's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Eh. I think exploring Ivan more would have enhanced his impact on the story, and exploring - even if just a bit - the specific events and circumstances which led to his decision to merge human beings and beasts (or rather, his thought processes behind said decision and how it impacted him) would also have helped convey how this Yaga reality deserves to live just as much as the original.

And oh, yeah, Gordolf is really grating. Olga Marie was arrogant, but he takes it a whole new level of stupidity.
    Yeah, I don't mind the character archetype, but I feel like they went overboard with it.

Anyway, on chapter 20. Only 3 chapters left apparently uh, it barely feels like it.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I feel like the English TL made him more of an arsehole.

I've watched some of the fan TL'd stuff, which, while not entirely fluent, is good enough to be understood, and he's not as... abrasive as he is in global.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

I found Gordolf perfectly fine. His character wasn't exactly surprising (a milder version of his dad) so he was 100% as I expected. Plus having a character who doesn't constantly suck off the main character is good.

A Fleeting Fata Morgana Jin Uzuki's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Done. The overall plot is interesting, but in the end 50% was about the usual singularity busywork. Zzzz.

About Anastasia and Kadoc:
    Spoiler:
    Were they supposed to be lovers? Because I didn't get the vibes at all.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    I found Gordolf perfectly fine. His character wasn't exactly surprising (a milder version of his dad) so he was 100% as I expected. Plus having a character who doesn't constantly suck off the main character is good.
    Yes, it's good to have a character challenge the MC's decisions as a counterbalance, but this is the type of person you would tell to piss off, and not in a playful way.
    The very few good points he makes are undermined by the dozens of other dickish things he does or says later. He is the type of guy you'd get used to because you had to get used to him, but not really want to be around.
    What makes it much worse is they set him up as the Olga surrogate, where we are led to believe we have to mold him into a proper commander. Which is just bleh.
    The fact we get another of his ilk as a recurring character later is just ugh.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    They were doing the flirty thing.

Or rather, Anastasia was doing the flirt, Kadoc was doing all the work.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    They were essentially at the courtship phase, with Kadoc doing all he could to make Anastasia the Tsaritza - or imo, to put a ring on her - while I feel she was similar to Medea and had what she wanted, but with a more... I guess "subtle" is the word I'd put for her there? It's all a bit difficult. Let's just say they were a Master/Servant pair that fit this first Lostbelt perfectly.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin Uzuki View Post
    About Anastasia and Kadoc:
    Spoiler:
    Were they supposed to be lovers? Because I didn't get the vibes at all.
    I read it more as a sibling bond, but I can see how one could interpret their interactions as flirting.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly if it wasn't for Anastasia's past I would probably lean towards romance too. Specially after Kirei describes them as essentially soulmates.

US Friend Code
    I could see where the sibling thing comes from but I definitely read them as a couple.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Honestly I liked the two of them working together, it gave it a different feel from every other Chapter where it basically boils down to the final boss making everyone else follow them because they're the strongest. It felt like the villain side actually was pretty unified. Last time that happened was, what, Okaneos with the Argo? Even that was mostly Lily puppeting Herc and Jason being oblivious.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

US Friend Code
    Oh yeah, as much as I liked our side's cast the stars this time were definitely the villains. It made me very excited for the others. The one I know most spoilers about is Hinako but even then I don't know all the details.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The two are honestly the second best antagonists in the game and the only reason I put Goetia at first is because I really like the concept of Beasts.

Spoiler:
    You can actually relate to them, Kadoc's petty grievances add personal conflict with the player, they have interesting dynamics going on with all their allies, their plan is intelligent and they manage to manipulate us and Ivan perfectly without any unnecessary contrivances (looking at you Prof M) and they're not grossly overpowered when compared to us which makes them pretty unique in the game.