Page 1690 of 1897 FirstFirst ... 69011901590164016801685168816891690169116921695170017401790 ... LastLast
Results 33,781 to 33,800 of 37940

Thread: Fate/Grand Order - English

Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    Spoiler:
    Chain-summoning days or weeks after the initial summon? When all the laylines are exhausted?
    come on now, there's zero logic at play there. Surely there was a better way to get Hector and/or Durandal into the story.
    Spoiler:
    Chain Summoning is the wrong way to put it, it's more like Achilles burning up his Saint Graph to use as a method to summon another Servant, killing him in the process. I do wish we had more focus on how that works, but there is a certain degree of logic to it considering how much magical energy can be produced by breaking down Servants.

Granted there could have been ways to make it more palatable. Like if Medea Lily had also provided Jason with some Mystic Code that would simplify Summoning but required such massive amounts of Magical Energy to use that it was impractical without a leyline.

Edit: Then again, we have seen an example of using a Servant to summon another before, killing them in the process, with True Assassin in Heaven's Feel, but that had True Assassin be born from Kojirou's body.
    Last edited by Base; December 5th, 2021 at 10:59 AM.

If a heavily wounded, practically dead servant can be used to summon a fresh one that just causes even more issues. Just keep chaining those summons whenever you're about to die. No external energy needed!

Quote Originally Posted by CO9p5JMGv!p9 View Post
    Spoiler:
    If a heavily wounded, practically dead servant can be used to summon a fresh one that just causes even more issues. Just keep chaining those summons whenever you're about to die. No external energy needed!
    Spoiler:
    You mean like the External Energy that was pervasive throughout Atlantis? If you tried pulling something like this off in a less mana rich environment, the Servant summoned would probably be summoned utterly exhausted of mana.

And in any case, I'm not exactly disagreeing with you, I'm just pointing out exactly what happened.
    Last edited by Base; December 5th, 2021 at 10:58 AM.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Guys, seriously, there are people who haven't read that part yet and don't need to be spoiled. Having just finished Atlantis myself, I really wish I hadn't spoiled myself way back when, those final few sections were great.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Put them all in Spoiler brackets, thanks for reminding me to do so.

Is it just me or critical and star absorption CCs ain't good on Casters?

Blog Entries
    Achilles: and you could summon me to Chaldea, if you wanted too…

rapebird: depends, how do you feel about cupboards?

achilles: what?

rapebird: nevermind
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NeroFan View Post
    Is it just me or critical and star absorption CCs ain't good on Casters?
    You're right, they are bad on Casters. They only increase your star absorption in relation to your other cards, so they won't increase your chances of getting stars compared to other Servants. They'll only help you getting the stars to the correct card when you do.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six OnesFleetingGlory's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    You're right, they are bad on Casters. They only increase your star absorption in relation to your other cards, so they won't increase your chances of getting stars compared to other Servants. They'll only help you getting the stars to the correct card when you do.
    Oh no, I mistook their effect this whole time. Caster's star weight is on the lower side, and with some DPS like Archers and Riders, they can't function as crit DPS consistently unless you got around 40 or so stars. Maybe I'll focus on star drop rate CC instead to get enough stars.

Arguably, one exception is CasGil. Long CD aside, his star drop rate buff is pretty underrated.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I like Achilles's portrayal in Atlantis much more than the one in Apocrypha.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I like how weirdly sweet Orion's NP is. I also like those time the alt lines come out and Artemis breaks his neck.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

US Friend Code
    Still trying to farm Star Fragment for True Orion's Skills, need 5 more to max them out. Since Cerberus that drop those onIy shows up once in Atlantis node, I hope it's not Egg-level bad drop rate.

- - - Updated - - -

I imagine Summer BB + True Orion is gonna be my go-to setup for most CQs. No Merlin for additional Buster buff, but Hans can sub for him in stars and crits.

TBF, LB5 is the first time I derived any value out of leveling Hans, so that was nice. Even got to use Chen Gong for one of those boss fights, he's actually pretty ok.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

I liked the story, but

Spoiler:
    Hektor's summoning

felt very cheap (not helped by them being basically a glorified cameo). The only thing I disliked in an otherwise lovely scene.

US Friend Code
    Spoiler:
    When it was established that Mandricardo was seeking Durandal I assumed that Hector would show up somewhere. I expected it to be more natural though. Usually chain summoning are triggered by a Servant being well, summoned. I think this is the only time a death has triggered a summon.

US Friend Code
    Doing the Cerberus nodes 10 times so far, and only got 1 Star Fragment. Oh well, I'm gonna take my time since I don't want to use apples reserved for Christmas, so only two of True Orion's Skills can be immediately maxed out once I get Lores.

Quote Originally Posted by Reign View Post
    Spoiler:
    When it was established that Mandricardo was seeking Durandal I assumed that Hector would show up somewhere. I expected it to be more natural though. Usually chain summoning are triggered by a Servant being well, summoned. I think this is the only time a death has triggered a summon.
    Yeah, "I had to show up because he asked me to come" just raises all sorts of questions.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Just finish this chapter and I think it was pretty good. I hope to write more of my thoughts soon it I get some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Yeah, "I had to show up because he asked me to come" just raises all sorts of questions.
    We already saw that with
    Spoiler:
    Karna and Ash.
    In this case, though, it didn't feel like it had enough breathing room. Which makes sense, given everything else going on, but it makes me think an alternative might have worked better.

US Friend Code
    Spoiler:
    Probably because if Hektor was present from the get-go, it would contradict Astraea's claim that only two PHH Servants left in Atlantis that will join Chaldea. That said, it could be solved by changing around the narrative a bit.