Page 1442 of 1902 FirstFirst ... 4429421342139214321437144014411442144314441447145214921542 ... LastLast
Results 28,821 to 28,840 of 38032

Thread: Fate/Grand Order - English

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Shinjuku was my favourite EoR because it bucked the normal story formula so hard. Archer is just so much fun, because unlike Columbus there's no real personality change when things go down, he doesn't hide his personality, just his motives.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    The two are honestly the second best antagonists in the game and the only reason I put Goetia at first is because I really like the concept of Beasts.

Spoiler:
    You can actually relate to them, Kadoc's petty grievances add personal conflict with the player, they have interesting dynamics going on with all their allies, their plan is intelligent and they manage to manipulate us and Ivan perfectly without any unnecessary contrivances (looking at you Prof M) and they're not grossly overpowered when compared to us which makes them pretty unique in the game.
    I love that instead of "welp they're super amazingly powerful and MY GOD HOW COULD ANYONE POSSIBLY DEFEAT THIS and would you look at that we've just beaten them with Mash's lackluster muder skills somehow", we're more or less equals, almost rivals, even if Guda doesn't really see it that way- sure, Anastasia's powerful, but freezing Chaldea in its entirety is a level of power we've seen and fought before- it's a good dynamic to have.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The thing is, this Belt had that "omg how do we beat it" as well with Ivan, but yeah I think most veterans of Fate material knew it was going to come down to Kadoc and Anastasia being the final challenge. That kind of approach starts to bring people back down to the basics of Fate in that regard - One Master/Servant pair against another in a HGW, only the wish is predetermined this time to be "make this possible version of the world the true version". The loser get pruned, and the winner moves on to face another pair.

...Though I guess with the way FGO has gone with part 1 and what will probably hold true for part 2, it's more of a gauntlet than a true battle royale.
    Last edited by Kratosirving; April 2nd, 2020 at 10:56 AM.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Eh, Ivan wasn't really a thing for most of the Lostbelt. He was offscreen for like 95% of the thing, and then he was a kaiju, and then he was Arnie on steroids, and then he got rekt by Anastasia, and we got down to the real fight of the LB.

He was brought in for the holy shit kaiju battle, and then shuffled offstage once it was done.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, by the time he wakes up the plan to defeat him is already in motion. He's a threat but doesn't feel as overwhelming as previous villains that just appeared and trashed you before you had any chance of a counter.

US Friend Code
    Kaiju fight was very cool though. Especially with Dies Irae playing.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What really sold it for me was that the music wasn't even interrupted by the loading screen.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Kaiju fight was really easy. Load up on Assassins and go ham. I don't think any of them even died. I had a harder time dealing with the first Hydra fight, that actually forced me to use CS revive. Anastasia was really good though, to bad for her I've got Quetz and Buster memes.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I used Lancelot against her so it was pretty fun, still not difficult though.
    You gotta use you fav against the duo.

Blog Entries
    Quetz, Ridertoki and finally Drake for me because I got unlucky and she actually DID proc her 1st skill with her NP and wiped my frontline.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

夜属 Nightkin Irrelevant Passerby's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    As for the relationship between Kadoc and Anastasia, here's what the related characters section of her materials say.

Kadoc Zemlupus:
    The person who summoned her as a Caster.
    Her feelings towards him and his feelings towards her are something probably even the two don’t understand.
    Romantic love, yearning, comradery in arms, familial love, partnership, companionship, and the list goes on.

Basically, it's complicated.

Blog Entries
    I can see that, and it keeps anything ambiguous so that no one can say for certain one way or another. That makes me feel that a lot of shipping wars could be avoided in other franchises if their writers could put something like that in for the characters in their works. :|

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors weeblord's Avatar
    No

You cant and wont avoid shipping wars

i don't ship kadoc with anastasia because i ship kadoc with me

What really sold it for me was that the music wasn't even interrupted by the loading screen.
    yeah, same happened with the new grand battle theme in the crypter fight which was great

solo'd her with astolfo, thank you strongest heroic spirit

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    It was somewhat difficult to me. She hits surprisingly hard, her skill lock procced at incovenient times, and most importantly, Kadoc's buffs - especially the full-health Guts - really tipped the balance. Plus, my team isn't optimised for boss battles at all. My only single-target NP is David's, for instance.
    That said, yeah, it was a fun boss battle! I wish we could replay it.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    By the way, with Anastasia we got our 25th Grail, enough for 5 lv.100 SSRs. How have you used yours? I got:

Saint George lv.80
    Cursed Arm lv.70
    Saber Lancelot lv.100
    Shuten-douji lv.100
    and finally Berserker Lancelot lv.100

I missed some grails (one of them permanently) while I wasn't playing so that sucks. I'll probably use the next ones to get Tamamo to lv.100 and maybe George too. I don't think I have many other Servants that I really want to Grail after that, just Sherlock and MAYBE Hokusai if I ever get them, and also Servants that don't exist yet like Galahad, any Brazilian Servant, Avenger Chacha or any other Lancelots.
    I considered grailing the whole Round Table but that's a lot and I kinda like how their rarities are distributed as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    It was somewhat difficult to me. She hits surprisingly hard, her skill lock procced at incovenient times, and most importantly, Kadoc's buffs - especially the full-health Guts - really tipped the balance. Plus, my team isn't optimised for boss battles at all. My only single-target NP is David's, for instance.
    That said, yeah, it was a fun boss battle! I wish we could replay it.
    It's actually crazy that they never implemented a system for you to replay boss fights. I guess they want to keep it as a special thing for events but it still sucks.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Yea, they instead replace it with some shadow servant after we beat it....
    Want to fight Tiamat over and Ivan over for that Kaiju fight atmosphere
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    By the way, with Anastasia we got our 25th Grail, enough for 5 lv.100 SSRs. How have you used yours?
    For my main team:
    Level 100 Caster!Cú Chulainn
    Level 90 Archer
    Level 90 David
    Level 90 Martha
    (Semiramis's natural limit is already 90, so no need to Grail her. I may also boost Avicebron and Circe to level 90.)

For optimisation purposes:
    Level 90 Herakles for the boss fights in which I need his extra lives
    Level 75 Arash (I'm going to get him to 90 yet) for better farming (I may do the same for Spartacus)

And just because he's my husbando:
    Level 90 Eric Bloodaxe (I'm probably going to do the same for Beowulf)

Blog Entries
    Only one I've used them on so far has been Kuro, she's at 100 now. As for why not the rest, honestly it's mostly because I had been in QP hell for most of last year until the Xmas lotteries and Da Vinci rerun helped out there. But I'm holding onto my QP now for skill upgrades in the near future, I'll grail others eventually.

Final Arc Playlist

Spoiler:

By the way, with Anastasia we got our 25th Grail, enough for 5 lv.100 SSRs. How have you used yours? I got:

Saint George lv.80
    Cursed Arm lv.70
    Saber Lancelot lv.100
    Shuten-douji lv.100
    and finally Berserker Lancelot lv.100

I missed some grails (one of them permanently) while I wasn't playing so that sucks. I'll probably use the next ones to get Tamamo to lv.100 and maybe George too. I don't think I have many other Servants that I really want to Grail after that, just Sherlock and MAYBE Hokusai if I ever get them, and also Servants that don't exist yet like Galahad, any Brazilian Servant, Avenger Chacha or any other Lancelots.
    I considered grailing the whole Round Table but that's a lot and I kinda like how their rarities are distributed as they are.

It's actually crazy that they never implemented a system for you to replay boss fights. I guess they want to keep it as a special thing for events but it still sucks.
    I have not use one. Years of playing JRPGS has made me an Item hoarder. I may use some on my 3 Tama at some point or on a servant with a good Quick NP if I get the quick caster (at present most of my 5 star are Burst and quit a few strong 4 stars are Arts). I just fear I'll use them then a challenge will happen and I'll need to make some of my 3 or lower star servants stronger to win. As for replaying boss I agree. If I win thank to a friends support servant I feel a little bad I'd like a chance to see if I could have won with my own team. I could withdraw before I win but because of ap and how long some battle take me I take a win when I can.