Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 691011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: What's up with the hate for Shirou?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkhouette View Post
    I think it's the opposite. People used to hate Shirou so much because of DEEN's anime.

Well yes, maybe new fans who watch Ufo's UBW are getting the same reaction (because Shirou is blunt and naïve and it's hard to feel identified with him at first), but people used to hate on him the most after watching DEEN's Fate Stay Night. And I remember watching FSN the first impression I got from Shirou's character was how annoying he was. And actually a lot of people complained that DEEN's portrayal of Shirou was inaccurate. For me it wasn't until watching UBW that I started to figure him out and finally seeing from him getting some development.

So, in that sense, I don't think Ufotable made things worse for Shirou than before.

That said, in which part of Fate route did Shirou truly accomplished Kiritsugu's ideals? Like, Last Episode depicts one Shirou closer to Archer than the hero he wished to be.
    This is just me, but I feel that Shirou accomplished all his goals, he ended the Grail Wars, saving Saber, Rin and Illya, and he never wavered in his ideals. in UBW, he has ideals broken before he decides to still keep them. in Fate route and Deen, he never has them deconstructed so he never lost his ideals. I also watched UBW first and then Fate route Deen anime, I also never had the Deen is Yuck bias that fans have, so that might have helped my perspective compared to other people.
    Last edited by GuardianSoulBlade; June 14th, 2017 at 05:47 PM.

US Friend Code
    ask me for code
    Blog Entries
    Well, Deen guilty in executing it when their idea wasn't that bad. Still its the only available option on adaptation and honestly, meh I'll manage. I can live with that, until
    Archer
    Fate
    route remake never come to light.
    Kentucky Fried Kirei, nah i'm joking. Nothin here

well, told ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    'kay
    You jest?:3

Even ▆▆ end up on that place again

The special hell on hill full of swords ---------------------------------------------------------The hill of bloody battlefield

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacha View Post
    Well, Deen guilty in executing it when their idea wasn't that bad. Still its the only available option on adaptation and honestly, meh I'll manage. I can live with that, until
    Archer
    Fate
    route remake never come to light.
    I just wish Nasu would write the fixes to the Fate route he said he'd have to do, so people would stop whining about the old Deen animation and the combo routing.

US Friend Code
    ask me for code
    Blog Entries
    Subjective matter and whines doesn't hurt, unless you obsessed on it. Nasu can rewrite all he wants, as long i get super ohsum solo Archer vs Berserker, on top with Seiba tears and
    Shirou
    EMIYA
    suffering combo tied together

well, told ya.

'kay

The special hell on hill full of swords ---------------------------------------------------------The hill of bloody battlefield

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianSoulBlade View Post
    I just wish Nasu would write the fixes to the Fate route he said he'd have to do, so people would stop whining about the old Deen animation and the combo routing.
    Realta Nua came out in 2007.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    Realta Nua came out in 2007.
    I was referring to the anime Fate remake that everyone really wants.

I was referring to the anime Fate remake that everyone really wants.
    You know, i must be one of the few that doesnt trash the DEENime, it still have a magical atmosphere for me. Maybe because the amazing OST or the fact is the Saber route .
    But a proper remake of the Fate Route without the filler and with updated animation would be really nice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSeaDragon View Post
    You know, i must be one of the few that doesnt trash the DEENime, it still have a magical atmosphere for me. Maybe because the amazing OST or the fact is the Saber route .
    But a proper remake of the Fate Route without the filler and with updated animation would be really nice
    Wow, I thought I was the only one on these boards that didn't hate the DEENime, I understand why people do, I just wish they would appreciate it a little more even if they don't like it.

Wow, I thought I was the only one on these boards that didn't hate the DEENime, I understand why people do, I just wish they would appreciate it a little more even if they don't like it.

i tought i was the only one indeed . Glad im not alone

Welcome to the boards, and cute avatar

US Friend Code
    ask me for code
    Blog Entries
    If you want to emphasize on "didn't hate", there's definitely few of them. Just it wasn't that great either, not enough for it to "hype" it around. (excellent music tho, as usual. Jyukai make me squee)

well, told ya.

'kay

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vacha View Post
    If you want to emphasize on "didn't hate", there's definitely few of them. Just it wasn't that great either, not enough for it to "hype" it around. (excellent music tho, as usual. Jyukai make me squee)
    Most of the time on other forums if I read any posts from fellow Fate fans they usually say, "Deen is trash, avoid the anime." Also everyone saying, "There is no Tsukihime anime". And I think unless you're gonna go out of your way to read the VN, I think you should watch Deen if you're just watching the anime. You're missing a whole section of character development. Unlike a lot of fans, I don't expect everyone getting into Type Moon to sit down and read for 100+ hours. Some fans expect everyone to do that, and some people just don't have the time.

Most of the time on other forums if I read any posts from fellow Fate fans they usually say, "Deen is trash, avoid the anime." Also everyone saying, "There is no Tsukihime anime". And I think unless you're gonna go out of your way to read the VN, I think you should watch Deen if you're just watching the anime. You're missing a whole section of character development. Unlike a lot of fans, I don't expect everyone getting into Type Moon to sit down and read for 100+ hours. Some fans expect everyone to do that, and some people just don't have the time.

Bingo, i have a friend of mine that is interested in Fate, but i dont think VNs are his thing. I recomended him both animes and explained that the source material is a multi route story and the animes are different outcomes of the same story, showed him clips of both Deen and UFO , and he is still interested. I dont think i did someting bad not forcing someone to read 50 hours to know this awesome universe

Blog Entries
    Bingo, i have a friend of mine that is interested in Fate, but i dont think VNs are his thing. I recomended him both animes and explained that the source material is a multi route story and the animes are different outcomes of the same story, showed him clips of both Deen and UFO , and he is still interested. I dont think i did someting bad not forcing someone to read 50 hours to know this awesome universe
    I wanted to read the VN because I enjoyed the animes so much, and I think that's how you should get people to read the VN. I don't expect everyone to go read The Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones off the bat, but people have read those books because of the Lord of the Rings Trilogy and the Game of Thrones TV show. I feel sorry for the GOT fanbase, George R.R. Martin might never finish his books, at least good old Nasu's still writing Fate content.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Watching the DEEN anime is like making someone watch a slideshow of some of the coolest shit you've ever seen. It's a travesty, animation-wise.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    At least it's a nice-sounding slideshow.

And that's about the nicest thing I can say about the DEENime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

If anything, the DEEnime has introduced a large portion of people to the fate franchise, as well as eventually the Nasuverse.
    Other than that, the music is good.

The thing, is not everyone shares this elitist mindset . The DEEnime worked fine for me when it introduced me to Fate . Yeah, then i read the VN and i saw its flaws, but it worked as introduction . The friend i mentioned , if i succed to introduce him, would be a similar case. After a few clips, he says the animation is decent for its time and that the music is Epic

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    The thing, is not everyone shares this elitist mindset . The DEEnime worked fine for me when it introduced me to Fate . Yeah, then i read the VN and i saw its flaws, but it worked as introduction . The friend i mentioned , if i succed to introduce him, would be a similar case. After a few clips, he says the animation is decent for its time and that the music is Epic
    Sorry, no, the animation is not decent for its time. Well, actually, some of it is not bad, but the majority is pretty bad. If I remember right, roughly 75% of the Saber/Lancer fight was stills and speed lines, and those stupid slash-on-black-background they do whenever they want to show literally nothing is happening. And they actually did the Gae Bolg stab like that flipping red bendy line on a black background, as if they just ported the VN scene over to the studio.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I was gonna say, 2006 isn't exactly the dark ages of animation, you know?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    The original Dragonball, way before 2006, had some pretty fabulous animation, but then again that was a pretty popular series probably making a ton of cash even back then.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP