Page 100 of 367 FirstFirst ... 5090959899100101102105110150200 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 7332

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Blog Entries
    Man, I didn't actually expect to win. Thanks to everyone who voted and especially everyone who reviewed! I'll do my best to come up with a good prompt for the next contest.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    First of all, apologies for disappearing. Life has a way of kicking you in the butt when you’re not expecting. But anyway, I’M SPEECHLESS. Thank you very much for all these amazing entries, I loved each and every single one. ;-;

On that note, congratulations Kamerad and Sutaa for your entries that were recognized as they should and another round of applauses for NMR-3 for winning this month’s contest! Your entry was very fun and deserving of all the votes!

I wish I could give a huge essay on each sheet, but my time is short, so allow me to at least give some words of praise because ya’ll so deserve that.

Reviews
    BnEl15’s Trung Sisters: These gals? *chef kiss* I want nothing but the best happening to them. Your hard work was amazing on this sheet, I could feel your tears while formatting all this text.

Pythias & Damon: I want to watch an entire season worth of shenanigans between them, I seriously do. I love these shounen best friends pairings so this is right up my alley.

Sylvester II & Meridiana: I love their kinky foreplay in front of other people (and I’m sure the others hate it as much as I loved). They’re so good.

Twins of Nursia: Of course this prompt couldn’t go without a little of brocom and you’re the best for giving it to us unworthy mortals. I love this pair.

Gabriel & George: Nice pick for the challenge, I liked them very much. Also, can you imagine the mess that is to deal with these two…

Belle & Adam: I’m so taken aback by this entry and yet I love every line of it. OF COURSE these two could be perfect candidates. And OF COURSE you managed to make a great servant out of the tale.

Hermes’ Trung Sisters: The fact that you managed to make something completely different despite them being the same historical character is amazing. You’re so talented I could cry. I always love the “blue & red”-personality type of characters, so of course I’d love these two!

Dionysius II & Damocles: THIS CONCEPT SLAPS. The execution slaps. The character(s) slaps. You did amazing and you should be proud – this sword is “the quintessential Watcher,” as previously said.

Triptolemus & Persephone: *whipes tears* I’m so ready to burst with love for these two. Please protect these siblings. (I’m sure Persephone is a good onee-chan and will do just that tho.)

Raijin & Fuujin: Omg God, you even slightly tweaked your usual style of text format and added colors for this prompt, I’m so glad. Thank you! And I loved them (as expected, I’m a sucker for these “I’m the single braincell of this group” & “What’s a braincell?” interactions.)

NMR-3’s Justinian & Theodora: BRB BUSTING MY GUT. This was too good and too ingenious and I want to slap a golden Meowth sticker on this sheet for good measure. I love their air of “being in their own world” and I’m sure everyone else hates it.

Meir & Bruriah: I love tsundere girls & gentle boys duos so this entry is so *approving sounds*. This is such a nice sheet to read, they’re so cool. (ALSO BRURIAH PLS LET MEIR HUG YOU.)

Mary Amelia Cecil (& Hellhound): This was such a captivating concept in itself and you managed to make it even more interesting with your magic. This woman is terrifying (and in a good way!) (/pets the doggo)

TheLordOfAwesome’s Justinian & Theodora: I love how Theodora is that sort of person that always wants to drive the car pls stop touching the wheel. They’re so annoying (and I love her for that.) This whole sheet is just *chef kiss*

Niulang & Zhinu: “A sickeningly lovey-dovey couple” aannnnnddddd I’m sold. I love this trope and I love these double Servants. Please never stop delivering. (They’re amazing. I love how they couldn’t care less about the War at all.)

Demeter & Persephone: Ey Koga, this was amazing! Your take on this pair’s relationship was so good and everything, from the skills to the lore, flowed amazingly. You did good keep this going.

Little Boy & Fat Man: Whoa this blew me away! (/RIMSHOT) Unexpected choice of servant, unexpected way of delivering the sheet, unexpectedly wholesome… Everything hit the perfect notes here, I’m so proud of you.

Vikramaditya: Another unexpected pair and I loved this sheet for it! The idea of a talking sword in the same vein as a Kaleido Stick is amusing (even more if you consider this talking weapon in the hands of a dude like this one.) I loved them.

Patty: I DON’T CARE IF YOU WERE LATE OR NOT I WANT TO PROTECT THIS WITH MY LIFE. What a great concept and an even better execution, with her being nothing but a NOBLE PHANTASM of these two dudes? Amazing. Groundbreaking. Perfect.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for waiting until the Tanabata day to review my Tanabata couple.

So uh I am kinda new to the forum can we post Servant sheets as we will or only when the contest is going on?

Or is there a create-a-servant thread?

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    Quote Originally Posted by BoktaiMoon View Post
    So uh I am kinda new to the forum can we post Servant sheets as we will or only when the contest is going on?

Or is there a create-a-servant thread?
    If you'd like to post Servants you've made generally, check out the Create-a-Servant 3 thread for that. This thread's specifically for a contest we hold every other month, where the previous contest's winner picks a theme and anyone who wants to participate makes a Servant in line with that theme, followed by users voting on which sheets they liked the most. We're currently between months on this, so the next contest will begin in August.

Blog Entries
    Might I suggest for the august contest it be foreigner theme because August is Lovecraft birth month this year is the day of his birth aka August 20th

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Areop-Enap View Post
    Might I suggest for the august contest it be foreigner theme because August is Lovecraft birth month this year is the day of his birth aka August 20th
    Winner of the previous contest gets to decide the new theme. They could take suggestions, I guess, but that kind of defeats the purpose of it being the winner who comes up with the theme. Plus NMR-3 hasn't said anything about lacking inspiration to come up with a prompt on his own.

Blog Entries
    oh did not know we still did that

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Non-combat, meaning Servants who have neither skills nor Noble Phantasms that make them better at physical combat. If push comes to shove they can whack people with their fists or other things, but the idea is no weapons, no brawlers, etc. Mental interference is perfectly fine, but physical damage is out. To serve as inspiration, think of dancers, writers, people of religious significance, scientists, masters of tea ceremonies, etc.
    enjoy, three weeks etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quite a few people who fit the criteria on my backburner. I'll think about it.
    Last edited by BnEl15; August 1st, 2020 at 07:09 AM.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Great timing, I think I have the right sheet for this prompt

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    This is such a sweet prompt, thank you! And I'm super thrilled to see everyone's take on this.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

JP Friend Code
    591286971/Lead
    This ate up my morning. We do it live.

First Historian, the Father of International Relations

Appearance

“Now, the only sure basis of an alliance is for each party to be equally afraid of the other.”

Class: Caster
    Source: Historical Fact
    Region: Greece
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Attribute: Man
    Natural Enemy: Tiamat, Alice Kuonji
    Armaments: -

Legend

Caster's true name is Thucydides, a historian and general of fifth-century Athens.

Born to an affluent family, it is said that, upon witnessing a lecture by Herodotus, the writer of Histories, he declared that he too would become a historian. When the Peloponnesian War began, then, he saw this as his opportunity, and began the composition of a record that chronicled the war. Witnessing and living through the plague that nearly struck down Athens, he went on with his records, documenting what he witnessed himself and meticulously interviewing eyewitnesses for anything else.

In his prime, he became a general under the Athenian state, but due to another's mishap, was exiled for a time. While in exile, however, it can be said that he truly took to his own. Using his family's wealth, he settled down in his exile, and utilized his considerable network to continue his ambitions. It is likely in this process of this that he died of unknown causes- amusingly, the life of the historian himself is rather undocumented.

In the modern day, Thucydides is known as the first true historian, and the father of the school of international relations, for the writings and theories that he drafted. It is not an exaggeration to say that, if an individual has taken an international relations course, they are likely to be very much familiar with his name.

Character

Caster lacks much of the radiance typically ascribed to Heroic Spirits. While capable of a silver tongue when the time calls for it, he is fundamentally a hard-headed and cold individual. If one simply desires a business partner, they will find an effective one in him, but if it is a friend you are after, you face an uphill battle.

He sees himself as a historian first and foremost, one whose duty is to document events. In that respect, he prides himself on being an impartial existence. While influenced by Herodotus in his youth, he prides himself on being more meticulous in how he analyzes history. Herodotus claimed he was writing history while creating parables about the gods to guide morals, which is a notion that Caster has come to reject. Instead, Caster strives to objectively record events as they occurred, cutting out the extraneous and merely leaving 'truth'.

Naturally, for such an individual, he sees himself as distant from proceedings, as an observer rather than an actor. After all, a true observer should not have a mind, or the meaning of things observed will be decided by the observer. It is for this reason that he often seems more machine than man.

If one is patient, they may be able to see some progress, though. His humor, while dark, is at least something that exists, and while he disdains both the masses who follow and distort the image of great men as well as the concept of a hero itself, he does truthfully bear some admiration for such figures. With careful observation, it is possible to notice such occasional chinks in his armor, but...

Tactics

On paper, Caster has the capabilities to be a powerful Servant. The Personal Skills he possesses are each powerful tools that, if utilized by another Heroic Spirit, would make them a terror on the battlefield. Of course, Caster's own personal combat ability is assuredly nil, and unlike most Casters of such a nature, he is incapable of strengthening his Master to serve as his liaison into combat.

As this is the case, then, coping with such a Servant is an uphill battle. While his Innovation skill permits some utility against certain Heroic Spirits, it is not at the level that they should actively be challenged. Rather, Caster is better suited for laying low, observing the phenomena of the proceeding conflict as any historian does. He will "accumulate power" in the process of doing so, but the true reason for doing this is simply to assess if "any Servants in the war are like him". That is to say, if there are those with the self-interest necessary to have a chance of surviving his Noble Phantasm. If that is the case, he must keep himself out of sight and out of mind, and pray that those individuals are felled by the other, more selfless Servants.

At the point where the competition is only composed of such Servants, then, Caster should be free to make use of his Noble Phantasm. If all goes well, then, the remaining competition shall be dealt with cleanly. Depending on the conditions, the circumstances of Innocent Realist may even allow Caster to function as an artificial Lesser Grail, though whether one considers this a blessing or a curse is dependent on their mindset.

It should go without saying, then, that if you as a Master do not have the same mentality as Caster, that if you are a selfless person who seeks to utilize the Holy Grail to help others and merely summoned Caster through use of a catalyst, your time in this conflict has ended before it began. The plague will certainly consume you if used, and so your path to victory does not exist.

Parameters
    STR: E
    CON: E
    AGI: C
    MGI: B
    LCK: -

Class Skills
    Territory Creation: A

The capability to create a territory advantageous to oneself as a magus.

Rather than a Workshop, Caster is capable of creating a “Stage”, on which all things can be recorded. The nature of a historian is not one who shapes phenomena, but one who witnesses and records them.

Tool Creation: -

Due to the Personal Skill “Innocent Realist”, the Class Skill “Tool Creation” is sealed.

Personal Skills
    Scientific History - Innovation: A

A skill granted to those heroes who brought about revolutions in their eras. For Caster, this is the creation of "history". Before Caster, there were men who recorded legends and stories, who wrote down accounts of what had happened, but these were little more than legends. Even that man who penned Histories was but a fool who tread down this path, claiming to write of history while daring to write of dead gods.

Caster, in other words, can be considered the turning point that manifested “the proper history of man”. The gods are dead, the legends are pointless morals, all that matters is the truth of what occurred. If that primordial mother denies the proper history of man, then Caster affirms it as its eternal guardian against those myths of old.

In other words, in Caster's presence, the power of the "proper history of man" is strengthened. For Heroic Spirits of Earth and Sky, this is a danger of the highest order. The corrective influence of the world is heavily increased for such beings, and unless based in sufficient historical fact, it is entirely possible for their Noble Phantasms to stop functioning entirely while within Caster's presence.

Let the legends die, and in their place we shall inscribe truth.

Denial of Heroism: -

There is no luck or happenstance, there are merely good decisions and bad ones. There is no miracle, there is no shining hero who saves the day, there is no justice. There are merely “things that happen”.

The nature of Caster’s worldview. There is no fate. There are only facts. In his presence, the cold hand of rationality is enforced. All denials of fate are overturned, as destiny is replaced with certainty. In other words, certain outcomes become absolutely certain. While the underlying philosophy is utterly different, it is an ability comparable to the cackle of a certain clown.

There will be no miracle, the myth of “the one and only” hero is a pointless one that has no place in this world.

Innocent Realist: EX

A mutation of Innocent Monster.

Caster is the father of international relations, but more specifically of the realist school, which premises itself upon a self-interested pursuit and amassing of power. Since his time, the theory of realism has been used to describe such states of affairs ceaselessly. The impact of this has irreparably altered his nature.

In other words, his existence has become distorted into "a place where power amasses". This is meant to refer to magical energy, but can also extend to
    curses
    blessings
    , as well as other things that Caster recognizes as power. He is a gathering point at which strength converges. At the same time, the difficulty of "releasing" power is increased manifold, and so the Caster class aptitude for creating "items of power" is made inaccessible.

Noble Phantasms
    Plague of Athens
    That Beloved Virtue Shall Lead to Ruin

Classification: Anti-Country
    Range: 1-99
    Maximum Number of Targets: -

The plague that ended Athens, a demonstration of the truth of the world and of mankind, in Caster's eyes. There are no heroes, there are no ethics, there are merely events.

The plague was a terror that swept through Athens. Initially, its people clung to their morals and attempted to aid one another, but this only furthered their spiral into ruin. The plague tore the city apart, those people of Athens dying like rats while they lay helpless to escape, with the Spartans standing at their doorstep.

Their customs fell apart. Ordinarily, the notion of a death occurring in a temple was utter sacrilege. If there was even a risk of someone dying while inside of a temple, they would be hastily removed from the premises, and a ritual to purify the space would be conducted. This was among Athens’ most sacred tenets.

...nonetheless, before long, the plague piled up bodies inside those very temples, and those bodies were left to rot. Customs fall away, beliefs fall away, hope falls away. There is no hero who shall arrive with a cure. There is no god who shall bestow a blessing. There is no miracle that shall arise. These things you call ethics will only drive those who practice them to ruin.

Naturally, Caster’s Noble Phantasm could be nothing other than this. The triumph of his worldview that he recorded. The plague that he survived, while the heroes around him could do nothing but fall like flies. His greatest
    nightmare
    victory

Upon release of the true name, a Bounded Field is formed within which the plague is recreated, a "hell which can consume a nation". As the triumph of Caster’s worldview, the effective range of his skills also expands to the limits of the Bounded Field at this time.

The primary nature of the field is infliction of effects which mirror the plague of Athens. Each turn, all beings within the field must undergo up to two checks.

The first is the plague itself. Should a LCK check be failed, one is inflicted with the curse of the plague. In other words, a delayed death curse. Regardless of whether they are a human or a Servant, death will certainly occur within five turns, the body degrading until expiring. Naturally, this curse endures regardless of the Noble Phantasm’s presence, after it has been inflicted. In order to increase the odds of survival, it is worth noting that those who prioritize "themselves over others" will face far more advantageous odds of passing the check, while those who "will selflessly help those in need" face far more disadvantageous odds. This mirrors the nature of the plague, in which those who attempted to help the diseased themselves became a vector which spread the plague, as well as the nature of Caster's own worldview.

If the first check is failed, the second is made as a supplement: a mental resistance check. Should this be failed, then one’s morality and virtue is stripped away. Kill to survive. Shun those ethics you preached about. Leave the dead to rot in the temples. Insult to injury, where one loses their self in their moments before death. One could say that if the plague takes a country's life, its terror takes a country's soul.

It is worth noting that, while Caster himself can be considered "immune" to the plague's curse for having survived it once before, his Master is not. The plague is, after all, a monster that does not discriminate between its herald and its foe.

Relationships

Pericles

BB
    A perfect observer who became imperfect? What a repulsive notion. I cannot imagine rejecting that truth.

Nursery Rhyme
    A horrid little aberration of a thing, ungrounded dreams mashed together which have no business functioning as a Heroic Spirit.
    [He is stating this while patting her head.]

Jack the Ripper
    How intriguing. I will need to properly investigate this. Which of the heroes summoned here were alive in that era?

Vlad III
    For imagination to substitute truth, a travesty. You have my condolences.

Lostbelt Kings
    An interview, an interview. It is perfectly fine to conduct one of those quickly, isn't it?!

Voyager
    ...ah. Very well. I will compose our
    story
    record
    . It is your duty to carry it to the stars.

Gilgamesh
    ...the king who was commanded to punish the animal nature of humans, but instead affirmed it. The one who sanctioned the act of "taking". Please, keep us apart.

Bond Craft Essence
    Funeral Oration

This? It is nothing, simply a speech that I recorded, a public funeral for those who had fallen. Such things are commonplace. War, conflict, attempts to claw for what power we can gain, that is what it means to be "human" after all.

Ah, please do not attempt to argue this point, Master. A youth without the sufficient experience should not speak as if he knows of the world. You have been spoiled by the company you keep, do not let yourself be overcome by that illusion. So long as mankind exists, speeches like this will exist as well. It is simply fact. Speaking of suffering, lamenting suffering, and causing suffering, we move forwards.

Hm?

You must be seeing things, Master. I am not crying.

I am, after all, a historian. I record impartially. Emotion has no role in a world of facts.

...So, these cannot be tears.

Men such as I do not have the right to shed those.

Creator Notes

A sheet I've had the basic notes for in my docs for quite some time, but that I never really revisited after making those initial notes on the skills and Noble Phantasm. I figured this was as good a time as any to dust him off and write this boy out properly.

Fundamentally, pretty much anyone who's studied international relations has probably had a good chunk of their study revolve around Thucydides, but honestly unless you fit under that umbrella or recreationally read about these things in general, you might not be all that aware of him. There are a lot of ways to look at him and evaluate his works, as with pretty much anyone in this sort of position, so the theme being tackled here was "Thucydides as the father of realism".

Everything here was meant to pivot around that concept of the founding of scientific history and abandoning things like legends and miracles, which is something that, while disputed to some degree over how much Thucydides actually thought these things himself, is somewhat universally seen as the turning point that Thucydides himself was responsible for.

I usually try to talk about where I see the character fitting in a story's narrative, but this is an occasion where I'm not really sure. Neither his abilities nor his character are well-suited for the playground of a Fate story, except as the sort of side character who never actually shows up in the main story, or who does for a one-bit act where he pulls off something nobody else can.

I think that's kind of fitting in the end, though. It feels right that a historian who records these stories with his sort of mentality would himself have no place in a story, and sort of rounds out the sorrow of his sheet on a more meta level. Or maybe that's just me making excuses, hard to say.

Something I think I should talk about as far as my sheet design philosophy is the Bond CE. I think these can have a lot of value, since they signify "something the Servant shows the Master when they've reached that level of trust". The two big ways I tend to classify them are "signals that the Servant sees the Master as a peer/sibling/friend/child", or "the Servant dropping their guard and showing the Master something they hide from everything else". To use some of my prior submissions, Peleus would be an example of the former, while Ahab and Jenner are examples of the latter- the latter kind is the one I want to talk about for a second here. Ahab's sheet shows this grandiose lunatic who will charge headlong into the horizon, but his Bond CE shows that, under it all, he's a small man using insanity to run from his insecurities. Jenner's sheet paints the image of this immaculate savior, but his Bond CE demonstrates the deeper side of his obsession and his remorse. These are aspects of themselves that the Servant would only show to someone they trust to the utmost.

Thucydides' bond CE is meant to be in that same light. Thucydides is a historian who rejects ethics, miracles, and heroes. He's a singleminded archivist who records things as they happened, and does his best to scrub anything extraneous out. As a Heroic Spirit, that nature of him is emphasized. But, reading his work, you also see bits where that image cracks and you can tell that he's not some unfeeling robot. Deep down, past all the layers of preached objectivity, he's someone who hates war and the suffering it causes. That's something that belongs to Thucydides the person, rather than Thucydides the historian, so I wanted to make that what he would show to someone he trusted to that extent.

As always, I've gone on for way too long with this section, but hope you enjoyed it regardless!
    Last edited by LeadDemon; August 3rd, 2020 at 09:20 AM.

Blog Entries
    "Be grateful, Mage. Servant Avenger, the greatest prophet chosen by God has answered your call. Mhmm... this body is somewhat unfamiliar, but it'll serve my purposes splendidly. Now, to once more rain down curses and retribution upon those filthy heretics...!"

Servant Avenger:

Appearance:

Source

True Name: Balaam "The Wicked Prophet"

Alternate Classes: Caster, Rider, Alter-Ego, Faker, Foreigner

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Strength- D+
    Agility- B
    Endurance- C
    Mana- A
    Luck- D
    NP- A

Personality
    At first blush, Avenger acts like a stereotypical femme fatale. Words and body-language positively oozing illicit sexuality, she presents as someone who has no hesitation using her feminine wiles to get what she wants. But that's just a mask, a false persona adopted by Avenger.

In reality as the prophet Balaam she shows an extremely zealous, hypocrite and selfrighteous personality. She despises any sort of impropriety or licentiousness, and revels in bringing ironic punishments to those who indulge such acts. As for how her moralism conflicts with her current guise, Avenger rationalizes that she's merely testing others by seeing if they succumb to her charms. The fact that she herself is exploiting people at their weakest moments to get them to fall is totally lost on Avenger. From her viewpoint, she's merely "nudging" people to act on their true dark desires, and any consequences that arise from her manipulations are the victim's own to bear.

Avenger is unshakably convinced that she is the only true prophet of God. Her fanaticism extends to the point of regarding the true Jewish prophets as no more than loathsome imposters masquerading themselves as God's chosen people. She harbors an obsessive rage and hatred against all the Jewish people, for how all her attempts to curse them always ended up backfiring and humiliating her instead. She can't understand why God always seems to favor "those wretches" instead of her, the true prophet, but rationalizes that such obstacles are merely tests for her to surpass and prove that she's truly worthiest of basking in the Almighty's grace.

Truly, a degree of egotism that renders Avenger almost incapable of reasoning with or listening to others. She's so dogmatic in her own beliefs that other people basically don't exist to Avenger, and even the word of the God she claims to worship ends up being misinterpreted through her own delusions.

If she doesn't trust her Master, Avenger will initially hide her true name and instead identify herself as Cozbi, the name of one of the Midianite women she tempted the Israelites to sleep with. If she finds her Master shares similar selfrighteous views to herself Avenger would deem them worthy of revealing her true identity as the prophet Balaam.

Avenger is somewhat annoyed about being summoned in a "vulgar" female body at first, but quickly embraces it for the newfound chances to tempt others. She'll adamantly deny that she actually enjoys acting lewd, but given how eagerly she gets into her role some might question if the self-proclaimed "pure prophet" is being honest with herself...

Avenger's wish on the Holy Grail is to utterly eradicate the Jewish people from existence. Not merely those alive now but their history, traditions and accomplishments. She wants to erase everything about her most hated rivals, rewriting history so that Avenger alone will stand as the true prophet of God. In that respect, her wish resembles a more limited form of the "Human History Incineration" a certain demon-king sought to achieve.

Likes: "God", herself, seeing people "get what they deserve"
    Dislikes: the Jewish people, humiliation, sinners getting off lightly
    Talent: entrapment
    Natural Enemy: Moses, Phinehas, Aton

Class Skills:

Avenger- B+
    Expresses the nature of an Avenger as one who piles up the grudges and hatreds of others upon themselves. It becomes easier to accumulate hatred and resentment, while negative emotions directed at the user are instantly converted into strength.

According to the Zohar, Avenger's malefic power came from her donkey. Her abuse of the beast generated negative emotions that she harvested to fuel her curses. As such Avenger's version of this Skill allows her to transmute all kinds of negative emotions like anguish, hatred and jealousy into magical energy for herself. Unlike the normal Avenger Skill, her rate of Mana generation is increased while giving damage and not just receiving it, as she can use both her own pain and that of others to empower herself.

Oblivion Correction- B
    People are creatures who forget many things, but an Avenger never forgets. That ability to hold on to a grudge even when others forget greatly boosts the damage dealt by critical strikes in battle. Avenger will never forget her hatred of the Jewish people for the humiliation she suffered at their hands.

Self-Replenishment (Mana)- C+
    The ability to refill one's own supply of magical energy (Mana). A small amount of magical energy endlessly gushes forth for every turn until one's revenge is accomplished. This Skill is bolstered through Avenger's high ability to draw negative emotions from her surroundings and convert them into excess magical power.

Personal Skills:

Temptation- B
    An alteration of Incitement that specifically denotes one's aptitude for tempting others into committing evil acts. Having even enticed God's chosen people to sin, Avenger wields this Skill at a high rank. Every one of her words is soaked deeply in temptation, promising pleasure and delight beyond compare if only the target becomes hers. Whether through prolonged conversation or a mere sultry whisper in their ear, Avenger excels at breaking down people's fragile morals and reducing them to corrupted thralls bent to her will.

In its purest form this is a mental interference carried by Avenger's words, that has the effect of eroding morals and inhibitions. As such it can be resisted by a strong enough will as well as Skills and Noble Phantasms garnering mental protection at rank B or higher. Religious-based Skills like Saint will also defend against it.

Revelation- A-
    The ability to "hear the voice of the heavens" and take optimum action. A Skill equivalent to Instinct; a sixth sense regarding battles, but Revelation accommodates all matters related to the achievement of a goal, such as choosing the swiftest path while travelling.

A wicked prophet, but not a false one. Avenger truly did hear the voice of God, albeit her ability to interpret that voice was warped by her own egotistic personality. As a Skill this allows Avenger to receive periodic visions from God that pertain to the immediate to near future. Theoretically a powerful Skill, were Avenger of the right mind to use it. But her own obsessions distort the content of her visions, leaving her mostly unable to glean their accuracy. Really, it can be said that "she only hears what she wants to".

As such, while listed as A-rank on her stat sheet, this Skill is fundamentally unstable and equivalent to D-rank most of the time.

Golden Rule (Wealth, Body & Depravity)- B
    A composite Skill that indicates one's ability to gather wealth, possession of a natural and perfect goddess-like body immune to tarnish and a "degenerate" aura of corruption.

While Avenger was recorded as a male in life, she manifests as a Servant in the form of an unnaturally beautiful woman with devil horns. This is the result of how Avenger has been conflated with the Moabite women (s)he enticed the Israelites to fornicate with, becoming an "avatar of temptation". The horns draw from her association with Baal-Peor, a Caananite god she tried convincing the Israelites to worship, whose often equalized with the cardinal demon Belphegor. That same connection also grants Avenger a great ability to attract riches, as Belphegor was rumored to bestow wealth upon those who summoned him.

Protection Of The Faith- C
    A Skill held by those who sacrificed themselves for a religious view. Despite the name it isn't the blessing of a higher existence, but merely the absolution of body and soul that is born from faith. However at higher ranks, it may create abnormalities in the personality.

Avenger's version of this Skill reflects how she- while reviled as a fraud and wicked man by all three world-religions- truly believes herself to be a faithful prophet of God. In her mind, all the humiliations and setbacks put before her- and even her own death- were merely "trials" by God to test her faith. Avenger convinced herself that she alone is the chosen prophet of God, while the Jewish people are merely vile pretenders profaning His grace.

Noble Phantasm
    Minim Peor
    Calamity Wrought By Heresy

Type: Anti-Unit

A Noble Phantasm crystallizing the most notorious anecdote of Avenger, her role in the Heresy of Peor. In the Torah, Avenger despaired that while she intended to rain down curses upon the Jewish people, nothing but blessings spilled forth from her lips instead. Realizing it was the Israelites' righteous living that protected them from harm, Avenger cunningly sought to bypass that by tempting them to worship idols and sleep with foreign women. If they forfeited their divine protection by indulging in evil acts, God would surely impart a great curse upon them, wiping away her most hated rivals from existence.

That plan worked, halfway. God did bring down a curse on the Jewish people, killing and sickening many of them by plague. However God managed to restrain His own ire to save His chosen people from complete annihilation, frustrating the intentions of the wicked prophet. For her own sinful acts, Avenger perished in a later war against the Israelites.

A "curse of divine punishment" that befalls those who scorned God's commandments to instead give themselves over to idolatry and licentiousness. While not the one who actually cast this curse, that being the Almighty Himself, as Avenger laid the ground for it she can call upon the curse as her own Noble Phantasm.

Upon invoking its true name, Avenger manifests a golden image of the Ten Commandments in the air. The tablet then cracks apart, releasing a foul purplish miasma that engulfs the target. This visual signifies the curse pronounced on the opponent for desecrating the Commandments. This curse is unique in that it doesn't deal physical damage straight away, but instead infests the victim's Saint Graph and slowly rots it from the inside.

This reflects in the target's parameters and abilities being steadily eroded over time. The enervation begins with their parameters, reducing each of them to E-rank beginning with Strength. Afterwards the curse spreads to taint other aspects of their Saint Graph more iconic to the Heroic Spirit's legend; their Class Skills, followed by Personal Skills and finally Noble Phantasms, in order of weakest to strongest ranked. Lastly, once there's nothing else left to drain the Servant's very existence fades away, their connection to the Throne of Heroes severed. This process usually takes roughly four days, given variation in the target's parameter, Skill and Noble Phantasm rankings.

An insidious Noble Phantasm that reduces the opponent to a pitiful shell of their former self before killing them. The form it takes can be said to express Avenger's unrelenting grudge against the Jewish people, her desire to completely eradicate the rival "Chosen of God" and even blot out their legend from history.

However, since Avenger never actually succeeded in destroying the target of her ire, this Noble Phantasm is far from infallible. It can be resisted if the target possesses Skills or Noble Phantasms granting religious protection, which provide a chance (depending on the rank) they can overcome the curse before perishing. The curse will also be annulled if Avenger herself is slain before it finishes progressing.

Additionally this Noble Phantasm is only useable against Evil-aligned individuals. But Avenger finds a loophole for this in that those ensnared by her Temptation Skill have their Alignments counted as Evil irrespective of what they were originally. When facing Good or Neutral-aligned individuals, Avenger's main strategy is to bait them into committing an evil act she can then punish them for.

So I saved up a couple of recent sheets in case they'd fit the contest prompt. Since this is the one that fit the best I polished it up and posted it here. Balaam can theoretically fight, but her main strategy is seducing other people to sin so she can take advantage of them, which is pretty noncombatant. She can't even control the targets that get selected by her NP, it just automatically goes after "evil" people (and it's up to her own wits to make sure the one she wants dead fits that label). Might be a bit of a stretch, but I think it works. Oh well, I guess the voters will get to decide come crunch-time.

I've wanted to write a Balaam sheet for quite a while, toying with various ideas of the best way to pull it off. I considered making him a Rider with his divine-sensing donkey, or even a Faker who impersonates Moses based on his status as the latter's "gentile counterpart". Finally I found out a fun justification to genderbend him, and the rest of the sheet more-or-less followed from there. I'm quite proud of this sheet as a whole, especially my unusual take on his personality, so I'm curious what y'all think. As usual comments and critiques would be welcome, but I'm expecting those to wait until this contest wraps up.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    enjoy, three weeks etc
    one Question i understand no physical fighter but is magical combatant like Mages okay ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kabalisto Koga View Post
    one Question i understand no physical fighter but is magical combatant like Mages okay ?
    As the one who issued the prompt: Sure.

Blog Entries
    question if the servant attacks by summoning or manipulating the terrain dose that count as physical attacks

Blog Entries
    question if the servant attacks by summoning or manipulating the terrain dose that count as physical attacks
    Yeah, those are fine for the purposes of the prompt too.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    i would say aslong as the actual servant is just a summoner and that the Environment or the familiar or contracted beast does the "hard work" would i say that it should Count.
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NMR-3 View Post
    As the one who issued the prompt: Sure.
    Wait, so basically any Caster (unless they're like Geronimo or Babbage and fight physically too) is acceptable then? This prompt is a lot looser than I thought in that case...