Page 12 of 369 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Okay, in the end. I could only vote based on what I likes more than objectivity.

3 pts: Tyrfing, people already said lot of times why this one is good. It is creative, it is detailed, it is rhyme well as a good read.

2 pts: Master Cat, like Tyrfing, it stand out as an unconventional and weird Servant. Merely by reading his true name, it increases my interest to read more.

1 pts: Brynhildr, perhaps this one a little bit unfair of me, but I never read Prototype so mostly my judgement come from her depiction in FGO. The reason why this one not in the top, while overall I like it, I have read something that You has created better than this one, like his Cendrillion for example.

JP Friend Code
    Before I forget:

3 Points: Brynhildr
    2 Points: Tyrfing
    1 Point: Watanabe no Tsuna

I also quite liked Damocles, Ranmaru, Maria, and Master Cat.

Mate, that's noice as fuck! Vagrant's Avatar
    Wherever my body is, my heart is still in Straya, cunt
    Blog Entries
    3 Votes - Damocles: Easily the most engaging single Saber in this contest, aptly transforming the nature of the "Sword of Damocles" concept into a viable weapon while retaining its flavour. Also he oozes personality. I feel like he and Kintoki would get along brilliantly and there's nobody I love more than Kintoki. Without having to rely on quirks like "multiple Servants in one container" but still very engaging.

2 Votes - Isaac Newton: Very silly gag Servant, but as Koha-Ace has proven, being a gag is no obstacle to being a real Servant. It amused me plenty and I can't ask for more than that.

1 Vote - Uther Pendragon: I'm gonna be honest, this is a vote for use of the character more than for the sheet's quality, but I really love me some Uther Pendragon. Shut up I am too consistent in my voting rubrics!

I can't in good conscience vote for Tyrfing because Left and I discussed it in advance of writing it and despite having no involvement in the actual writing I'd feel biased by voting for it.

I'm sad I didn't get to enter, particularly when I finally had a great idea for a sheet a few days back, but no way was I going to write one up on my phone.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    We have a while till voting ends but from what i can see, it's gonna end in a duel between Brynhildr and Tyrfing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    We have a while till voting ends but from what i can see, it's gonna end in a duel between Brynhildr and Tyrfing.
    It makes for a neat boss battle, though!

Signature by fumato

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    It makes for a neat boss battle, though!
    In case of a tie, the winner is determined by a one-on-one duel between the two highest-voted Servants.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    In case of a tie, the winner is determined by a one-on-one duel between the two highest-voted Servants.
    That is a good point, actually. If two people tie for 2nd or 3rd, it doesn't matter. But first place gets to pick a prompt so it kinda does? Idk. For now the tentative answer is "just see if you can't figure out a prompt you're both happy with", unless anybody has a better idea.

It isn't currently a tie tho, I'm keeping active tally.

If you want to know who's winning, count it yourself; otherwise, wait till the voting is done and I'll announce.

I can't wait for the month with the theme of the Best Cain Servant.

Blog Entries
    I petition the winner to make the prompt An Australian Servant (But Not Ned Kelly). Please?

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    I petition the winner to make the prompt An Australian Servant (But Not Ned Kelly). Please?
    I'm into it but I also don't know how many prominent Australians I can even name

uh Caster Rupert Murdock

Saber Errol Flynn

- - - Updated - - -

Assassin (Berserker?) Russell Crowe

Blog Entries
    (False) Berserker Russell Crowe, thank you very much. We don't claim him anymore ever since he threw a phone at someone.

Gibbo is still ours though, despite his hatred of the Jews.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    I am aghast no one suggested Riders Mad Max, Toecutter, and Humungus and Berserker duo Master Blaster.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Blastedspider's Avatar
    3 Points: Tyrfing
    2 Points: Janos Hunyadi
    1 Point: Abel & Mechtilde

Special mentions: Brynhildr, Charlemagne (Alter), Pedro de Alvarado, Yi Sun-sin.

Would add more in-depth commenatry later.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is voting still open? I only just managed to catch up with reading all the entries.

My Votes go as follows:
    3 Points - Yi Sun-sin by ThirtyFour34.
    Military Servants are always cool and I especially liked yours. I must confess that I'm not too strong on Korean history but the amount of detail you put in sold me on this Servant.

2 Points - Sir Lucan by SleepMode.
    *cough* I have a weakness for handsome butlers *cough* A very good sheet. The idea of a NP's strength being affected by what the opponent's is, is a neat idea and definitely beats being a standard beamu-sword that Sabers typically have.

1 Points - Watanabe no Tsuna by Sunny.
    The whole "nature changing sword" was very cool and felt quite Megaman esque. The whole relationship with Ibaraki Douji that was worked into the sheet was very interesting.

Honourable Mention: Tyrfing - That was some seriously hard work that went into that sheet.

Seems like almost everyone has given their votes now. I did about as well as I expected with a sheet that wasn't one of my best. Still, had I miraculously won, my prompt if anyone was curious was "China". Mainly because it has like what 4000 years of history to pull from. And not at all because I was in the process of making an extremely awesome Chinese Servant sheet that would totally win.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Is voting still open? I only just managed to catch up with reading all the entries.
    Mhmm. 8/12/17 is the last day of voting, with the actual winner being announced at 12:01 on 8/13/17.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    3 Points - Yi Sun-sin by ThirtyFour34.
    Military Servants are always cool and I especially liked yours. I must confess that I'm not too strong on Korean history but the amount of detail you put in sold me on this Servant.
    Wow, didn't expect anyone to vote 3 points for one of my sheet. Thank you very much!
    I look forward to read your next Chinese Servant sheet!

Reminder that today is your last day of voting, so if you want to vote, speak now or forever hold your peace.

3 Points: Tyrfing
    (Excellent concept, great execution. My only real criticism is it could probably stand to be a little less wordy, but it's not like it wasn't compelling writing.)

2 Points: Damocles
    (Great personality, and an interesting interpretation of the sword.)

1 Point: Ranmaru
    (I liked this one a lot. Not much more to say, though.)

Honourable Mentions: Pedro and Master Cat were great, but felt like they shouldn't really have been Sabers. Yi was good, but lacking personality. Kind of wish I'd joined the contest, but there's always next time.

Blog Entries
    3 Votes: Tyrfing
    2 Votes: Brynhildr
    1 Vote: Pedro

Ok, voting period is done.

Thank you to everyone who voted, and a major congratulations to everyone who participated. I think we can safely call this contest a big success!

Now, it's time to count up the votes, drumroll it up, and declare our winner!

With 13 points, Third Place is
    Spoiler:

Damocles, by Sunny!

With 33 points, Second Place is
    Spoiler:
    Brynhildr, by You!

And with a whooping 47 points, our winner...
    Spoiler:

Tyrfing, by Leftovers!

A hearty congratulations to them.

And now, a look ahead to our next contest. Despite the word "Monthly" in our title, we're actually going to be taking a little break. As I mentioned earlier, I've decided to work with You to coordinate the Magus and Servant contests so they don't steal each other's thunder and to prevent burnout. As such, our next contest will be beginning 10/01, on the same day that the results for the next Magus contest come out. From then on, we will alternate contests.

So Magus begins 9/01, results out 10/01
    Our 2nd Servant begins 10/01, results out 11/01
    Magus begins 11/01, results out 12/01
    Servant begins 12/01, and so on

Thus, our next contest will begin 10/01. To the winner of this month's contest, you have until then to think up a prompt for the next contest. Once you've done so, pm it to me at any time during the next month-and-a-half. I'll announce it 10/01 and we're off to the races, so to speak.

As a final note, I've added a Contest Status and Dates section to the op. If you aren't sure what this month's prompt is, or whether or not submissions are still eligible, just check there. I've also gone ahead and added an FAQ. If you think I've missed something for the FAQ, just pm me for that as well.

Alright, that's everything. See y'all on October 1st!