Page 176 of 367 FirstFirst ... 76126166171174175176177178181186226276 ... LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,520 of 7337

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Gonna be quick about this one because I'm trying to speed-run a second sheet for the contest. WhiteFrenzy, thanks for the words. I enjoy your review of the servant. I'd consider fashion isn't used much because it's hard to make an exciting sheet about. Thankfully, the subject I chose definitely allowed more freedom than others might have.

With that out of the way..

Katsushika Hokusai (Caster):
    I honestly really like this sheet. I personally like the idea of making non-foreigner versions of Foreigners (even though Foreigner Hokusai is technically both him and his daughter), and this really hits the nail on the head for me. You used a lot of good ideas for skills and NPs. The personality is exactly what I would've expected (and that's a good thing). Also, yah, that's a pretty good FC. Hat's off to you NittyGritty.

A.K.A. Rick, apparently realcasually's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    Dorian Gray: Yeah yeah sure, just come here and drop a nuclear bomb like this dude and then leave, sure. WOW? THIS IS SO GOOD? This might be one of my favorite renditions of this sleazeball. It humanizes him but at the same time makes him seem even more detached from humanity, it gives him an interesting flair, and as always it’s such a pleasure to read your sheets. They’re very pleasing to the eye, it’s almost like we’re twin formatting siblings. (/FLEES) BUT REALLY. YOU OUTDID YOURSELF YET AGAIN.
    I genuinely think you deserve the award for nicest person on the BL forums. Just to everybody. You're a ray of sunshine here and I know I for one appreciate it. Also, don't YOU dare compliment MY formatting, yours blow mine out of the water with the crazy creative stunts you pull! "Bonnie and Clyde" are some of my favourites we've had so far in the contest, as usual.

Also, a more general announcement-- I've decided not to enter a second time. The concept I was working on is still good and I still intend to do it, but it's not new or innovative and even if I managed to finish it in time it is not near the quality I hold myself to for contest entries. It's just another musical Foreigner, even if it's one I'm proud of. I'm MUCH prouder of Dorian and I'd rather he stand where he is as the mark of my talent for this prompt rather than splitting my reception.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    Whitefrenzy is an eternally positive saint among us sinners.
    Thank you thank you.
    While I can't comment on everything like I used to so there's so much that gets past me in the CaS thread, at least on the MCaS I can still look at everything and be amazed at y'all's talent, I could never, keep being you. Also we approach the last week and usually people drop some serious behemots at last minute. I cannot wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by realcasually View Post
    I genuinely think you deserve the award for nicest person on the BL forums. Just to everybody. You're a ray of sunshine here and I know I for one appreciate it. Also, don't YOU dare compliment MY formatting, yours blow mine out of the water with the crazy creative stunts you pull! "Bonnie and Clyde" are some of my favourites we've had so far in the contest, as usual.

Also, a more general announcement-- I've decided not to enter a second time. The concept I was working on is still good and I still intend to do it, but it's not new or innovative and even if I managed to finish it in time it is not near the quality I hold myself to for contest entries. It's just another musical Foreigner, even if it's one I'm proud of. I'm MUCH prouder of Dorian and I'd rather he stand where he is as the mark of my talent for this prompt rather than splitting my reception.
    I declare now offiicall out that Howaito is our official Idol ! You are the positive light here so show us your smile
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    cool sheet, the use of the Voyager Class is a nice one, at least in my interpretation. And you even referenced my Freud! It shows neatly that I see Voyager and Foreigner as antithetical, but a certain connection in some cases make perfect sense. You showed that well
    good job
    The Voyager master has praised my work, I consider it an accomplishment. Thanks for the kind words.

Ferdinand Cheval: Jesus, Frigix, this character is nothing short of AMAZING. Very strong contender for a top 4, at least. There’s so much brilliance, so much beauty, as one Voyager class Servant should have. I simply found no faults in the sheet, it sucked me in and I couldn’t stop reading until I reached the ending notes. It was just this good.
    Wow, I did not expect as much compliment for a rushed sheet. But I greatly appreciate it, really, thanks a lot for your VERY KIND review.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frigix View Post
    The Voyager master has praised my work, I consider it an accomplishment. Thanks for the kind words.
    someone called me voyager master...
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I wonder if anyone will be doing a divine spirit of art and beauty.

I am so, so fucking sorry in advance that my sheet is already at nearly 15 pages unformatted, with a bit more to go. I hope to God that it's not too long.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Will we finally have a contender to the great Enlil?

The last thing I'm going to do is claim any sort of level of actual quality before I even post the damn thing. Frankly, I'm almost afraid I've broken "do not touch" rules, despite how many times I've gone "no, can't touch that, it's too far" and how long I scoured the thread trying to piece together what's off limits.
    I'm probably being overly self-deprecating, but I don't expect anything here, I just want to finish him at this point.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sorry, I mean Enlil was a very long (though admittedly pretty good) sheet posted in the main thread a few months ago, and it's been my go-to example for a very long sheet ever since, regardless of quality.

Don't be afraid to go far and test your limits while writing your sheets man, Nasu didn't become a successful writer by sticking into conventionalities and not coming up with absolutely batshit crazy ideas every now and then.

With the formatting being similar to WhiteFrenzy's and my writing style inevitably devolving into "each and every separate bit turns into a micro essay", it'll probably be the densest in a while, at least.

And I do appreciate that, though I'm still going to hold to the things I decided were off limits being off limits. Had a thought of "hey, can I use this absolutely horrible thing?" and hard decided "no, bad idea, do not want to touch very bad thing, I'm already dealing enough with hard, dense shit".

Just to give the pre-warning, I suppose; IRL, I study the Venn diagram between fascism, occultism, and conspiracy.

I chose to go with Nathan Mayer Rothschild.

It's dense.

Blog Entries
    Rothschild? Ohoho i am interested
    The thing with Enlil was it was basically a fully developed multicultural history of a god through various realms plus several stages of his saint graph. Basically 5 sheets stacked into one.
    Yours sounds more like one person with one sheet, but massive background?
    I just suggest that you divide your work into chapters, like Morg and recently BnEl15 does. It makes it easier to digest and if one needs to take a break from reading, one can come back to that part without too much searching.
    Looking forward to your essay.

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Reminder that the submission deadline is on Friday
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Reminder that the submission deadline is on Friday
    I promise my sheet won't be past the deadline this time

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Wonder if femma will be able to post their sheet before the deadline.

Blog Entries
    I have risen from the grave to deliver upon you the first of two. Perhaps then I can finally get out of this funk.

When silence failed, and I was spoken
    When words failed, I was seen
    When sight failed, I was thought
    When thought failed, I was shared

I am knowledge
    I am self
    I am fact
    I am fiction
    I am yours, but also all's
    But never my own

I will be seen
    I will grow
    I will never die
    I will remember
    I will be remembered

Since the beginning, I have been
    In the end, I shall be again
    For I am Watcher
    I am

The Yellow Sign
    The Watcher of Memes

Class: Watcher
    Alternate Classes:
    True Name:
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Attribute: Star

Parameters
    STR: -
    END: EX
    AGi: -
    MGI: EX
    LCK: -

Class Skills
    Territory Infringement (EX):
    Memes are everywhere. There is no escape.

Magic Resistance (EX):
    Memes are magic. There is no resisting them, and nothing to resist.

Personal Skills
    Autological (EX):
    Something that describes itself by its own existence. This Skill allows Watcher’s entire existence to bend and warp as it sees fit, as any form it takes is always Watcher. That alone would be useful enough, however, it also has a near-unavoidable effect that, no matter what shape it possesses, it can only be described as Watcher.

“Did you see that?”
    “No. What did it look like?”
    “Well… It was a meme… I mean, it was Watcher… I mean… Yeah.”

Era Reflection (EX)
    Just as memes are dictated by the era, so to is the era dictated by the memes. When summoned, Watcher will initially bear a form resembling the era of summoning. However, should Watcher choose to reflect a different one, whether by form, presentation, or meme, the area around them begins to reflect it, whether alien or ancient.

Noble Phantasms
    A Self-Propagating Idea
    Meme

Type: Existence
    Range: Existence
    Maximum Number of Targets: All

The ultimate culmination of Watcher’s existence as a living meme. This passive Noble Phantasm activates any time someone witnesses Watcher. From that point on, they are infected. Watcher has been planted inside them, and there is no escape. This is not limited to people though. Everything that exists can witness Watcher, and all will become one with it after doing so.

The effect is nothing as drastic as creating a hive mind or complete control of their faculties. No. Upon being infected by Watcher, they, in effect, return to Watcher. As existence is a meme, so too is everything in existence. Just as they watch Watcher, Watcher watches them watching it. It is then capable of completely replicating that which witnesses it as a new meme. Whether by symbol, song, poetry, art, idea, or even an entirely new being, Watcher can create it, and spread by doing so.

When everything’s a meme, nothing is. And yet, everything becoming a meme is in fact a meme, and is exactly what Watcher desires.

Lore
    Since time immemorial, before even the gods themselves were given form and the one True God (Nasu) created all that could be, it existed. The first idea in his mind. The first and last and everything in between. However, with no use for it alone, he did the only thing he could do.

He created and passed it along to all it came after. The First Meme.

From then on, everything afterward would continue its spread, showing off its various aspects but forever incapable of showing the true glory it possessed. It spread, and thinned, and, more than that, was lost. It continued anyway, for its aspects had taken on lives of their own. Had created their own memes.

And so, The First was forgotten in light of its parts, existing only so that it could continue forever onward, and, so long as existence remained, it would do so. Even should it fade, all it would do is return to its own originator before beginning the cycle anew.

An endless meme. A constant existence. A Watcher of itself.

A Watcher of Memes.

This world and all its people are diseased.

Free will is a myth. Religion is a joke.

We are all pawns, controlled by something greater: Memes. The DNA of the soul. They shape our will. They are the culture — they are everything we pass on. Expose someone to anger long enough, they will learn to hate. They become a carrier. Envy, greed, despair… All memes. All passed along.

Personality
    Watcher doesn't really have a personality per say. A being simultaneous full of every emotion while devoid of all of them, Watcher comes off as almost paradoxically neutral on every subject. It cares not for the destruction of humanity Chaldea fights so vehemently, choosing instead to focus on its own goal as whether or not they succeed or fail changes nothing, as Watcher will continue to exist afterward just as it always has.

However, it will take an interest in those that have memes centered around them, whether the humorous modern sort, the ideological and philosophical ones of history's thinkers, or the creators of the most enduring symbology on earth. Typically, this translates to it spouting or presenting said memes as it sees them as the only meaningful interaction to have with them.

Watcher does have a goal it can call personal though. It believes it purpose for being summoned is to do what all memes do. Propagate. Its only desire is to recreate the First Meme, I.E., Existence. Once, if ever, completed, it will do so again. And again, and again, and again, and (etc.)

Having originally taken on Richard Dawkins form has not impacted this in the slightest. Watcher merely did this because the man is the first to put to words the phenomenon that is most closely related to Watcher.

Relationships
    Artoria: Violet *glitch* Alice *glitch* Saber *glitch* Seiba *glitch* Arturia *glitch* Artotria *glitch* Altria *glitch* Nero *glitch* Jean (etc.)

Senji Murasama: People die when they are killed.

EMIYA: The Archer Class is really made up of Archers.

Nero: Padoru padoru~

Astolfo: *Hands him a Monster can and walks away*

Rasputin: 喜べ 少年 (Yorokobe shōnen)

Jack the Ripper: Memes, Jack!

Laplace's Demon: I'm the Map! I'm the Map! I'm the Map! I'm the Map!

Mr. Zombie: I never believed I would ever encounter a disease more dangerous than myself. Fascinating.

Creator Notes
    This is certainly one of my more absurd ideas, if I do say so myself. I mayhaps had too much fun with an idea that started off slightly more seriously than it came out, but, c'mon. As soon as you delve into memes, you must be willing to give yourself over to absurdity.

For anyone who knows the origin of the word 'meme' and about Richard Dawkins will know I'm liberally using it's definition as "an idea, behavior, or style that spreads by means of imitation from person to person within a culture and often carries symbolic meaning representing a particular phenomenon or theme" and wrapping it up in some shenanigans. Expanding upon it and going ham as well just felt like the thing to do. Also, anyone who's heard Monsoon's speech in MGR can get a pretty good idea of what I'm talking about.

I've been killing myself inside these past few months with the different Servant ideas I've wanted to do but just not feeling that same spark I did before. I recently realized part of it was I stopped thinking of them as something fun to do and more like something that had to be done. An idea that had to be shared. This was fun for me, and I have one more I'm gonna try and get out before the deadline. He'll be a little more standard for me, but I'll try to recapture what I feel I lost somewhere. The urge to do weird things.
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; February 27th, 2023 at 02:31 AM.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries
    people still read Dawkins unironically �� interesting

Blog Entries
    What a weird ride in a weird sense. It not overly silly to not take it serious, but not serious enough to not find it silly. I think that is exactly the middle ground to treat a concept such as a concept turned internet phenomenon.
    The best part is of course the interaction with

Edit: im not sure how to compile that one. "Watcher of Memes" is my guess rn, because idk if one can truly say it is Dawkins
    Last edited by DelRey; October 20th, 2021 at 08:50 AM.

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ........ I found my 3 point vote in Watcher of Memes. Legit, this is some of that good stuff that I love this site for. Sad another can't be posted but at the same time it's better to have one really good quality post than 2 good ones.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Blog Entries
    Free will is a myth, religion is a joke. We are all pawns, controlled by something greater.