Page 188 of 369 FirstFirst ... 88138178183186187188189190193198238288 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,760 of 7366

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    I wonder if anybody will do a famous culture hero for this prompt.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Saber of the Coastal Cliffs

"I am Saber. Are you my Master?"

Class: Saber
    Other Classes: Berserker, Avenger
    Alignment: Neutral Evil
    Place of Origin: Greece; Greek Mythology

Parameters:

STR: B+
    END: B+
    AGI: D+
    MGI: B
    LCK: D
    NP: B+

Height: 160 cm in Nymph Form (Can vary when her Morph skill and first NP are used)
    Weight: 53 kg in Nymph Form (Can vary when her Morph skill and first NP are used)
    Dislikes: Those who disturb her, Potions, Adventurers
    Talent: Finding the best rocks
    Natural Enemy: Circe, Odysseus, Heracles
    Attribute: Earth
    Traits: Humanoid, Female
    Armament: Cloak, Sword
    Catalyst: An ancient Denarius which is emblazoned with her likeness on one side

~~Class Skills~~
    Magic Resistance: B-
    At B rank, she cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected. As a servant from the Age of Gods, she boasts a good amount of magic resistance. However, she does not do as well against magic potions.
    “I am good against mages. My mother taught me well.”

Territory Creation (Aquatic): B
    The skill to build a special terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a magus near shores, beachside cliffs, and over bodies of water. This skill can only be used in those specific places. She gains an Endurance and Agility boost from being inside the territory. She is also able to innately walk over water (similar to Saber from Fate/Zero).
    “I always liked the ocean. Even before my curse.”

Divinity: C
    Since Saber was previously a Nymph and a daughter of the Gods, she naturally possesses the Divinity skill. However, due to what happened through her life, this Skill receives a downgrade, being C class instead of the higher level she used to possess.
    “I hope my parents never see me like this or worse.”

~~Personal Skills~~
    Terror of the Deep: C
    A unique Skill akin to Monstrous Strength that temporarily grants a rank-up to one's Strength and Agility parameters also long as they are near or in water; the rank determines how long this skill’s time limit lasts. It is borne from the holder's nature as a sea monster or aquatic Demonic Beast. Saber was cursed to be a Monstrous Beast that dwells near the sea, and thus gained this skill. However, to this both being one of her weaker classes and being a class that doesn’t focus on her bestial side as much as her other classes, this skill is of a low rank as a Saber.
    “The water is my domain. My father is of the sea. I hunt the best there.”

Morph: B
    As a servant, she can shift between her more human-like Nymph form, and a form that looks more akin to how she was described by one Greek hero. She however stays about the size of a normal human in both forms. This is a skill she gains for the Saber class, and she instead naturally has a monstrous appearance when summoned in the Berserker or Avenger class.
    “I choose to appear as a Nymph. I do not want to scare others.”

Weakness (Potions): B
    A skill which denotes one’s weakness towards potions. The effects of all potions used on Saber (whether positive or negative) are increased. While not having a particular weakness for potions in life, she has acquired one do to being known to have been cursed by one in her legend.
    “You are a mage Master? I do not make potions, do you?”

~~Noble Phantasms~~
    Scyllam et Glaűkos
    A Tragedy of Love and Jealousy

“Havoc! See my tragedy! Scyllam et Glaűkos!”

Type: Anti-Unti (Self)
    Range: -
    Max Targets: -

This Noble Phantasm represents the tragedy that is Saber’s life. This is the embodiment of her transformation into the monster talked about by one greek hero adventurer and then slain by the hero of the twelve trials. Upon activating its true name, this Noble Phantasm turns her into a giant monster akin to her renditions on Greek artifacts, upon which she looses the ability to use her Morph skill. She gets both a tremendous Strength and Endurance increase, giving her grown tentacles an almost rocky feel to the touch. She grows in size until she is about the size of a ship. Once this is activated, she gains the traits of a Monstrous Beast, and loses her weakness to magic potions. She becomes more animalistic in nature and is much easier to anger. She prefers to avoid using this Noble Phantasm if she can because of the fact that it very much represents her curse, but if her back’s against the wall she will resort to using this NP.

Evitata Charybdi in Scyllam Incidi
    The Rock Next to the Hard Place

“Fall into me! Evitata Charybdi in Scyllam Incidi!”

Type: Anti-Unit, Anti-Army, Anti-Ship
    Range: 1~20
    Max Targets: 99

A Noble Phantasm based on the location where Saber once dwelled which made it so dangerous to approach her, a rocky cliff face which spelled trouble for sailors. This location and reputation takes the form of a stone sword, which looks more like a giant, sharpened slab of rock. It is fairly simplistic looking, but feels like being hit by a mountain when it is swung into someone. This Noble Phantasm itself is a magical weapon. Once its true name is spoken, the weapon shoots out a row of rocky spikes along the ground in straight line. If this is instead done while in created territory, she instead creates rock spikes on wherever there is ground in her created territory simultaneously, if a part of her territory is over water, she also does this starting from the floor of the body of water. No matter the case of where this is used, she can control the size, length, and amount of spikes she summons. It does however increase the mana cost if Saber were to increase the size and length (and if not present inside of her created territory, it also increases the mana cost if she increase the amount o spikes she summons). Additionally, both the normal hits and true name release of this Noble Phantasm deal increased to damage to ships and other aquatic mounts, due to her legend. This Noble Phantasm, for all intents and purposes, is her way of carrying her “fortress” with her. When not summoned in the Saber class, this Noble Phantasm loses its form as a weapon and instead becomes a defensive, counter-attack type Noble Phantasm.

~~Lore~~
    Saber’s true name is Scylla, the monstrous beast that lived by Strait of Messina across from Charybdis, her sea monster partner-in-crime. She was known gobble up sailors and destroy ships of any who steered to close the rocky coastal cliff of the straight. Due to her and Charybdis’ kill count, many sayings such as “Having avoid Charybdis, I've fallen into Scylla” which means to navigate or chose between the lesser of two evils, which later became simplified as “Between Scylla and Charybdis”. Today, this saying has been further simplified to “Between a rock and a hard place”, with Scylla being the rock.

Scylla was a Sea Nymph and the daughter of Triton and Hecate, and thus was known for spending her time near the shore. Through this, she eventually met a merman named Glaucus, who himself was a man-turned-god. Glaucus was smitten by Scylla’s appearance at first sight and immediately confessed his love for her. Scylla on the other hand, did not find him appealing and continuously tried to avoid and even run away from. Discouraged but not defeated, Glaucus goes to the witch Circe to ask for a potion which can cause Scylla to fall in love with him. Circe on the other hand was infatuated with Glaucus, and as to prevent losing him to her, instead uses the potion on Glaucus so that he falls in love with her instead of Scylla. Circe’s plan works and Glaucus falls madly in love, following her every whim and fancy.

In the meantime however, Scylla found herself slowly gaining feelings for Glaucus. At first she was perturbed at the idea growing to like him, but slowly she began to think of him more and more until she realized she began to love him. That despite his negative traits she first saw that he possessed, she began to find comfort in his other appealing qualities. Finally accepting her feelings, she knew there was only one thing she could do. She began to search for Glaucus again, so as to accept his previous offer of love. News of her searching for him eventually reached Circe, who laughed at the idea, for he was property of Circe now. However, upon hearing Scylla’s name, Glaucus was broken from the effects of Circe’s potion, and immediately rushed to find Scylla. Once the two met, they confessed to each other their love.

Circe was absolutely livid, in a flying rage. She had claimed Glaucus for herself and that bimbo (Circe’s own words) took him from her? The one which she loved? She knew what she needed to do, and there would be no holds barred. She immediately contacted Hecate through a complicated ritual, and asked for help making a strong potion which cursed target with a terrible curse (though she “forgot” to mention that the target of the potion was one of Hecate’s daughters). After completing the potion, she immediately set out a trap for Scylla to spring. Meanwhile, Scylla and Glaucus were spending time together, and eventually made their way to where they first met. Scylla had been fearful of Circe during this time, for she was worried that Circe would try to do something horrible to her, however Glaucus reassured her and quelled her fears. They eventually came to the area of the town where the two first met, Glaucus pointing out how Scylla was by the fountain when he first laid eyes on her. Scylla looks towards the fountain in recognition, and suddenly a strong magic takes effect, for neither Scylla nor Glaucus knew that Circe’s trap was laid at the fountain. Before long, the potion’s poison causes her to change, much to the fear of Scylla. She immediately runs towards the sea, slowly turning into a monstrous creature as she swam deeper through the water. Scylla flees, for she can not bear to have Glaucus see her like this, meanwhile Glaucus is in anguish, for someone had curse Scylla and caused her to run away. At this, with what had happened, Glaucus himself left, for now that his true love was gone, there was no other reason to reside in that city. With that, Circe remained triumphant, yet alone.

Scylla eventually makes her way to the Straight of Messina, near where Charybdis resided, and hid herself underwater among the rocks of the coastal cliffs. Over the years, she began to loose her humanity and gave into an animalistic nature as the curse’s effects only continued to grow. Eventually, a hero by the name of Odysseus rode through the Straight of Messina on his ship, though wary due to the waring of the witch Circe, for she warned him of the danger Scylla and Charybdis. Odysseus however, drove to close to the coastal cliffs, and watched as couple of his men were eaten by the monstrous beast known as Scylla. Him his men were able to fight of the beast, and eventually successfully made their way through the straight. Later however, the hero Heracles was also passing through the area and was attacked by Scylla himself. As Scylla and Heracles battle, Scylla was quickly over powered by the greek hero and slain. She died and was recorded to the Throne of Heroes, for she would forever be remember as not only the great monstrous beast, but also a victim of jealousy.

~~Personality~~
    “Me? I prefer to be left alone.”“Me? I prefer to be left alone.”

Scylla is usually very quiet and fairly apathetic, and usually is pessimistic during any event or Holy Grail War she is summoned into. She can eventually open up to her master or allies, but it usually takes a while as she has large trust issues. She uses as few words as possible and may shy away from personal questions. She does however have hatred towards those who have wronged her in life though, such as Circe, Odysseus, and Heracles. She is usually more aggressive towards those who contain the divinity of the Greek gods, and in turn, feels sorry for those who were cursed by them. She tends relies on the weight of her weapon combined with her pure strength to win fights, as she is not very fast on land, no matter which form she possesses. If possible, she prefers to fight near, on, or in the water, and will try and lead combatants there is she can. Her apathetic nature and features remain the same when fighting, however she will display anger if she fights someone she doesn’t like. She thoroughly hates the monster she was cursed to become (which is why she usually prefers being summoned in the saber class despite it being her weakest class) but, unlike those such as Medusa, has accepted the curse as a part of herself now and will use any benefits it gives her if she can. That being said, her wish for the grail is to be free from her curse. Through doing this, she hopes that she can once again be with her love, Glaucus.

~~Relationships~~
    Circe (Caster):
    “Witch! I will eviscerate you!”

Heracles (Berserker):
    “I request my revenge.”

Oddyseus (Rider):
    “I remember you. You were with the witch. You will die.”

Servants who were cursed by the Greek gods:
    “I sense a bond. We are alike.”

Captain Nemo (Rider):
    “F-Father?! …I am sorry for what I have become…”

Rudolf (Avenger/Voyager):
    “We both seek revenge. You do not like me though.”

~~Creator Notes~~
    Originally was planning to do another sheet for my 100th post, but I saw the prompt for this month and figured I’d just do a sheet for the contest as my 100th post. This is actually a concept for Scylla I’ve had for a while, but never got around to writing, I figured the contest was a perfect excuse to write up the sheet. I know Scylla isn’t exactly an uncommon servant to write, so I hope mine is unique enough to consider. Constructive criticism and tips are welcome and wanted, as I’m still learning the art of Servant creation. I hope you all enjoy.

Art Sources:
    Art Source 1: https://twitter.com/3710_09/status/1...888512/photo/1
    Art Source 2: https://twitter.com/very_ito/status/...984449/photo/1
    Last edited by Spammin Spiff; December 10th, 2021 at 09:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    I wonder if anybody will do a famous culture hero for this prompt.
    Could always try and do one yourself

Blog Entries
    Appearance

Source
    "Greetings, Master! I'm Sarama of the Voyager class, and this little one is Vihan. I hope we can get along!"

Class: Voyager
    True Name: Sarama
    Height and Weight: 143 cm / 40 kg

Source: Indian mythology
    Region: India
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Attribute: Sky

Parameters
    Strength: D
    Constitution: C+
    Agility: A
    Magical Energy: C
    Luck: A
    Noble Phantasm: B

She is always inexplicably summoned with one of the Sarameyas in tow.
    Biography
    Legend
    In Hindu mythology, Sarama is a being referred to as the female dog of the gods, or Deva-shuni. She is described as the mother of all dogs, in particular of the two four-eyed brindle dogs of the god Yama, and dogs are given the matronymic Sarameya ("offspring of Sarama"). One scripture further describes Sarama as the mother of all wild animals.

She first appears in one of Hinduism's earliest texts, the Rig Veda, in which she helps the king of the gods Indra to recover divine cows stolen by the Panis, a class of demons. In the legend, a group of asuras named Panis kidnap the cattle tended by the Angirasas – the ancestors of man, who were the sons of the sage Angiras. The Panis then hide the cows in a cave, until Sarama follows the tracks of the thieves and helps Indra to recover them. Sarama is described to have found the cows "by the path of truth" on Indra's behalf.

Sarama is described to have found the milk of the cattle, which nourished humanity. This is interpreted as Sarama teaching man to milk cows and use the butter created from it for fire-sacrifices. Sarama also finds food for her own young in the robbers' hide-out. However, in the thanksgiving sacrifice the Angirasas hold for the gods after the recovery of the cattle, Sarama is neither given sacrifice nor invoked. This incident leads to Sarama's children, the Sarameyas, becoming physically and spiritually frail, unable to distinguish between Indra's worshippers and the robbers.

Character
    Dislikes: Forgetting things, being left out
    Talent: Hide-and-seek

A kid detective-type Servant, complete with animal sidekick, who flawlessly retrieves things that are asked of her. Incidentally, this quality is what allows Sarama to qualify for the Voyager class.

A precocious "good girl" whose idealistic view of the world has yet to come into contact with its unreasonableness. This purity of heart is what allows Sarama to pursue the path of truth towards her destination, just like in the legends. However, this way of life is eminently incompatible with that of the modern era, which prizes comfort even to the point of self-deception, so care must be taken in order to promote a harmonious relationship between Sarama and others.

It should normally not be possible to summon a goddess like Sarama using the Servant system, but her legend is one of "a goddess who helps humans", so answer the summons she does. Even if humans forget her or revile her, Sarama will help humans, because it is aid such as this that transforms the human heart and prepares it to pursue the path of truth-- the same path that she walks on.

That said, although Sarama's intentions for answering the summons of a Master are noble, her wish upon the Grail is surprisingly childish: "I want to know what milk tastes like".

Relationships
    Master
    She will faithfully follow her Master's orders. That said, her mentality is that of a child, so if you don't spell out exactly what you want, she may bring back something completely unexpected.

Hessian Lobo, Samuel Balto
    They have qualities of the Sarameyas, so of course Sarama loves them. In particular, she is very close to Lobo: a remarkable feat for a humanoid Servant.

Romulus
    He was raised by wolves (Sarameyas), so Sarama dotes on him like he's her adoptive grandson. The Divine Founder doesn't seem to mind.

Helena Blavatsky
    Fellow seekers after wisdom, they have excellent compatibility. Where Miss Blavatsky inquires into wisdom which may or may not exist, Sarama goes after things that definitely do.

Arjuna
    Though both intimately connected to Lord Indra, their relationship is mutually frosty. Sarama cannot understand why Arjuna hides his true feelings, and Arjuna dislikes Sarama's undeceivable nature as being too close to that of Karna.

Ashwatthama
    "Yup, yup, yup! Mr. Ash is a good person, so I'll let him have aaaall the milk he wants!"

CLASS SKILLS
    Self-Replenishment (Mana): D
    One's Magical Energy endlessly surges until their voyage is accomplished. Recovers a minuscule amount of magical energy every turn.

Independent Action: E
    The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the Magical Energy supply from one's Master. In this case, materialization is only possible for 30 turns. Sarama's personality is incompatible with this Skill, so its rank is very low.

PERSONAL SKILLS
    Divine Core of the Goddess: EX
    Skill that expresses one being a perfected goddess from birth. A composite Skill that comprises the Skill Divinity, preserves the absoluteness of the mind and the body, repels all mental interference, prevents the body from growth and prevents the figure from changing no matter how much calories are absorbed.

Since Sarama is purely a Divided Spirit, and given that her current summoning does not involve possession of a human being, she attains an EX Rank in this Skill.

Discernment of the Poor: B
    The insight to see through the opponent's character and attribute. May perform a Luck check to perfectly discern the opposite party's intentions and concerns. Although the incident of being passed over during the first fire-sacrifice of butter should have bestowed Sarama an A rank in this Skill, she has little practice in detecting non-verbal cues because of her childlike mindset.

Mother of the Sarameyas: A
    The unique Skill of Sarama, the dog of heaven who is the mother of all canines and wild beasts. May freely communicate with, ride, and use as familiars all beasts of prey, including those that are members of the Monstrous Beast class. Allied canine-type beings also receive attack and defense bonuses while she is in the vicinity.

NOBLE PHANTASMS
    Kṣīrá Prájńāyāḥ: O Heavenly Bitch, Procure Knowledge
    Type: Anti-Wisdom Noble Phantasm
    Max targets: 1 person

The Milk of Wisdom that Sarama obtained from the cattle of the Angirasas. Extremely delicious and nutritious, it also slowly boosts the drinker's IQ when consumed. Don't drink too much, though, or you'll become as round as a heifer!

Incidentally, Sarama possesses this Noble Phantasm by being the divinity who taught humans how to obtain cows' milk, both for sustenance and for sacrifice. However, during the first burnt offering of milk to the gods, the humans foolishly forgot to include Sarama in their invocations, resulting in her children, the Sarameyas, becoming extremely pale and feeble-minded. This incident, along with the simple truth that "you're not supposed to consume the things you're supposed to deliver", has been sublimated in Sarama's Saint Graph as a conceptual inability to drink milk.

Súpadi Devaśunī: Remember Me, I am the Forerunner on the Path of Wisdom
    Type: Anti-Wisdom Noble Phantasm
    Max targets: 1 person

The Fair-Footed Heavenly Bitch. The ultimate expression of Sarama as "the goddess who guides others towards truth". Because of her untainted childlike mentality, Sarama has little understanding of the ways of the world (save what information is given to her by the Grail). However, her lack of insight is itself a source of insight for others. Engaging Sarama in dialogue has a drastically increased chance of generating new knowledge, especially when the other party is attempting to simplify concepts, phenomena, processes, etc. for her. Put bluntly, this is the concept of "E.L.I.5" crystallized into a Noble Phantasm.

However, this Noble Phantasm is not without its demerits. In order to preserve Sarama's insight-giving lack of knowledge, all extraneous data must be purged. Upon invoking this Noble Phantasm's True Name, or every tenth day after her summoning, all of Sarama's current memories will be erased, and her mental state will be returned to what it was during the time of her summoning. Thankfully, this demerit is not as serious as it looks on paper: one only needs to keep a separate backup of data (e.g., by taking down notes) to help Sarama re-acquire the information lost.
    Miscellaneous Notes

AUTHOR'S NOTES
    I'm quite busy this month, so I don't think I'll have the time to make a second entry. Also, for those unaware, the sheets with the Patxi and Gerda faceclaims may be found here.
    Last edited by Nuclear; December 8th, 2021 at 02:09 AM.

Blog Entries
    I ask you this: Are you worthy to become my master?

Ha! You thought it was Arthur, but it was me, Mordred!

Well done, Master! You saw through the deception to find it was me all along! Ne...

Haha... Please forgive the deception. I was just...

Oh, c'mon! You didn't even let me...

Really now! I think it's time...

I don't suppose you'd believe...

Alright! I admit it! I'm not Saber!
    Couldn't you have let me have this?

Class: True God
    Other Classes: Berserker, Grand Saber (Please! How could I not be Saber?)
    True Name: Takashi Takeuchi
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral/Mad
    Place of Origin: Yachiyo, Chiba prefecture
    Height: 171 cm.
    Weight: ?
    Dislikes:
    Natural Enemy: His bank account.

Parameters:
    STR: -
    END: -
    AGI: -
    MGI: EX
    LCK: B
    NP: EX

Class Skills:
    Artistic License (A):
    The Class Skill of True God. This Skill represents one’s ability, nay, their right to modify all of existence as its creator.

Despite the sheer omnipotence of this power, the only thing he uses it for is to modify other Servants to fit his exacting artistic standards. And, by that, he means Saberface.

Counter Hero (EX):
    Greatly hampers anyone he battles to the fullest, reducing Parameters by three ranks and Skills by two. However, there is one obvious weakness, and I don’t think I need to say what it is.

Divine Core of the Artist (EX)
    The sister Skill of Divine Core of the Writer, this Skill expresses his existence as the unequivocal perfect artist of reality. At least, in the Nasuverse. Unfortunately, much to his dismay, it does not prevent calorie absorption or growth.

Personal Skills:
    Never Ending Influence (EX):
    The symbol of his influence on every Servant, human, and otherworldly creature within the Nasuverse. Even if he did not draw all of them, they were all taken and meshed with his style, and have all been touched by him one way or another. Long after he fades away, he will still hold influence over them all.

Self-Aware (A):
    This Skill only resides within a certain few. It is the most sacred and shattering of knowledges. Existence is false, and even the gods themselves all originate and answer to the whims of the writer. Most that learned would believe they could accept it, but, deep within their soul, it is something that they inherently reject and are unable to come to terms with. This Skill shows true acceptance within body and soul of this truth.

While not on the level of his partner, a certain mushroom, True God is aware of his reality on a level that allows him to get away with things that should be impossible, if not completely ridiculous and absurd. The power of one of the creators.

Saberface (EX):
    Does this even need to be explained?

With this Skill, he is able to shift his appearance into the pinnacle of beauty he created. Doing so, he can even utilize their individual abilities and weapons. He doesn’t gain their memories or personality, but he still likes to play pretend.

Obsession (A):
    Similar to another, this Skill is close to the Mad Enhancement that Berserkers usually possess, falling short of giving any beneficial properties and becoming purely a detriment.

His reputation for Saberface and adoration for it (and maids secondarily) has affected his Saint Graph. This Skill brings his love for Saberface far beyond his actual feelings for it, making his entire being centered around its existence. Saberface is love. Saberface is life.

Noble Phantasm

I am the face of my Saber
    Form is my body, and ink is my blood
    I have created over a thousand CGs
    Unknown to Assassin
    Nor known to Berserker
    Have withstood sleep to create many waifus
    Yet, these hands will never cease drawing
    So I illustrate

Unlimited King of Knights: Infinite Creation of Saber (EX)
    Anti-Existence/Money

“The mind of a human who pursues the blonde-haired female knight he adores until the utmost limit. Employing all his skills, an infinite number of characters similar to Saber will be given life. A great delusion that erodes the stance of the company."

It is the ultimate culmination of his being. The power to create as many Saberface as could ever exist and beyond. Unchecked, the entire universe, nay, the entire Nasuverse, would become Saber. Power beyond imagining in the form of a perfect face.

The only limit on this Noble Phantasm is his bank account, He requires funding in order to create his dream, and his company has cut him off, leaving only what he himself possesses. Should he find an infinite source of money to match his drive, existence is doomed not by erasure, but by Saber.

Lore

Originally a mildly successful mangaka, Takashi Takeuchi would finally find true success when he founded Type-Moon with his childhood friend Kinoko Nasu. It was here that he reached the pinnacle by crafting “Saberface”. As the main Artistic Director, he was able to unleash his preferences on the media they produced, giving several characters this god-like image while also being allowed to inject his own tastes into other aspects.

To this day, he is still greatly involved in both running and designing for Type-Moon, becoming the face of the company alongside Nasu, and one of the first people thought of in the creation of the Nasuverse.

Personality

A blunt yet whimsical man who typically acts as the straight man to his partner Nasu. This is not to say as he himself cannot play the part of the comedian, but moreso speaks to the presence his friend exudes when their together. By himself, he’s the sort to make a joke with a straight face before slowly smiling.

He doesn’t actually take much seriously in this world, but not because he knows he basically has free reign with his power. The reason is that he knows how Nasu and the others write, and everything will turn out fine in the end. He’ll be a side-character the whole time, and not the type important enough to warrant a dramatic and heartbreaking death, but the type to stay back at Chaldea and just spend his time drawing.

Of course, his obsession with Saberface must be addressed. The mere sight of one of the Saber-faced Servants is enough to send him into an excited frenzy, and those who dislike it or believe they themselves bear a higher form of beauty are likely to find something different and all too familiar staring them in the mirror. While it is doubtful the true Takashi Takeuchi is on this level, it can be assumed Nasu, and maybe even Takeuchi himself, decided to write him this way for comedy.

Relationships

Nasu: Be honest. You’ve been wanting this since day one.

Saberface Servants: Ah! The true showing of God’s hand in this world. Wait, that’d be me, wouldn’t it? Hehehe~

Arthur Pendragon: Just give me a few seconds. One or two adjustments, and you’ll be perfect.

Merlin (either): Well, I’ll certainly oblige you. I’m glad you recognize true art.

Saberface fans of Chaldea (Gilles, the Round Table, EMIYA, etc.): Don’t worry! Saber for everyone!

What's more divine than one of the original creators?
    I'm far more proud of this than I should be.
    Last edited by Morg van Destro; December 8th, 2021 at 04:37 AM.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    An EX rank shitpost. I both applaud and shudder at your dedication to shitposting.

Blog Entries
    I imagine Galatea (and Pygmalion from beyond TIME and SPACE!) would have something to say about such... ardor.
    Noob here. Sorry about that.

Blog Entries
    Rider of Mountains

“A-Ah… Sorry Master, I didn’t see you. Luckily, it seems I didn’t end up squashing you... That’s great! We’ll be able to play a lot of games! The name’s Gargantua. My class is Rider! I hope we’ll eat a ton of different things in this Holy Grail War!”

Class: Rider
    Other Classes: Archer, Berserker, Alter Ego
    True Name: Gargantua
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Attribute: Earth
    Source: Folklore
    Region: Britain and France

Parameters:

STR: A+
    END: A+
    AGI: E
    MAG: A
    LCK: C
    NP: A++

Dislikes: Being hungry
    Talent: Eating, destroying armies

Class Skills
    Magic Resistance (C)

Magic Resistance grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.

Because Gargantua possesses the Giant's Outer Shell skill, the rank of her Magic Resistance has been greatly reduced compared to Gargantua's actual potential.

"Huh? Magic? Oh, Merlin’s stuff! I see, so you’re talking about his pretty shining powers! Attacks...? They didn’t seem much like attacks… More like big beautiful fireworks!"

Riding (A+)

Riding is a Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragon type mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding.

All vehicles and all creatures up to the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as mounts. However, that does not apply to members of the Dragon Kind.

"Actually, I was pretty sure my mount was a Dragon. Shouldn’t I have a higher rank? Eeeeh? It doesn’t count if it's only a half dragon? Come on! That’s not fun! Not fun at all...!"
    Personal Skills
    Glutton (A+)

Glutton is an ability given to servants known for their great appetite. The higher the rank, the more the user is able to consume things that ordinary humans should normally be unable to eat. In addition, part of the food consumed is directly transformed into mana. A high rank indicates that the servant posses a monstrous mindset.

Gargantua was so greedy that in her childhood, to breastfeed, she needed the milk of seventeen thousand nine hundred and thirteen cows. As an adult she was even capable to drain an entire river by drinking it. There is nothing Gargantua cannot consume, even mountains are edible and she will have no problem digesting it. With each thing consumed, Gargantua's mana increases.

"Hungry! I’m hungry! Give me more food! Everything! Meat, vegetables, candies, drinks… Ah! I want a restaurant! I never tried one! I’m talking about the building of cours."

Giant's Outer Shell (B)

The body of giant species is tough. This extremely special composition allows the user to absorb energy from attacks and convert into magic energy. Once the absorption limit is reached (via attacks and Noble Phantasms of certain rank) and conversion into magic energy is not possible, the user will then take damage.

Rider is an artificial giant, so the rank of this skill is relatively high considering it is a weapon meant for mass destruction. Even if she’s hit by a thousand arrows, she will feel nothing as long as the enemy attacks are below the B rank. Additionally, magical energy is produced which helps fuel her enormous mana cost.

"Oh yes, Merlin said I had a perfect body and that it couldn’t be harmed. On top of that, I don’t gain weight. Eh? That’s a skill? Natural Body? W-Why don’t I have it?! That’s not fair!"

Infantile Deity (C)

Infantile Deity refers to the unique existence of a hypothetical god at an infantile stage, an existence that would be born as an entity supposed to transform into a god yet will never. It's different from a child born of the union of gods, or mortals who turned into gods after their death. It’s a being only possible artificially, a skill similar to Divinity and which prevents the user from changing form or mentally evolving. No matter what happens, the user will remain something close to a god but unable to truly become one, as if a caterpillar was unable to transform into a butterfly.

Rider is a giant created by using various parts of deceased gods. Some of her components include Gargan, Epona, Belenus, and other minor deities. She’s not too different from a High-Servant though she is more of a new existence than a composite one. Because of the limitations of Merlin, only an inferior form of deity was conceived, one who is far more inferior than a proper god and can be considered a childish reproduction. Nevertheless, she possesses powers that make her a top tier heroic-spirit, one who can fight against several servants at the sale time. In exchange, her abnormal condition makes her mentally childlike, her mind is unable to evolve as her body.

"Let’s not talk about this."

Great Mountain Creator (A++)

Great Mountain Creator is a skill given to entities who shaped the earth and created specific landscapes for certain regions. Originally an authority of creator gods of the highest rank, but possessing Great Mountain Creator signifies the authority regressed into a skill for some reasons. Usually, because it’s only a trace left to offshoot of those said gods who have regressed into weaker elementals.

Gargantua was seen by humans as the personification of a gigantic, but beneficent energy that orders chaos. In her travels, she modifies the landscapes by creating hills and mounds, she forms needles and rivers. It seems likely that Gargantua has within her the remnants of such a Creator God. Employing this skill, Gargantua is able to modify the geology of the area around her to a certain extent.

"Hum… Merlin said something about Gargan? Ah yes! My primary component is Gargan! So that’s why I can create mountains and stuff! But I usually don’t do it on purpose. I’m just walking and tada! There’s a big mountain next to me! It’s funny, isn’t it? Ha ha!"
    Noble Phantasm(s)
    Remnant of the Dragon, Shape our Lands
    Grand'Jument

"Grand’Jument! It’s playtime, come! We’re going to build the coolest mountain! Go!"

Type: Anti-Landscape

Grand'Jument is a gigantic-sized mare that serves as a mount for Rider. Created by Merlin on a mountain from the bones of the goddess Epona. It is also made up of a primitive landscape-shaping dragon. Like Gargantua, it has the authority for geological creation and modification. When she runs, she shakes the ground and can be compared to a living cataclysm that destroys absolutely everything in her path.

One of the most astonishing feats of Grand'Jumen is the creation of the Beauce. The region was covered with a vast forest, infested with flies and hornets which attacked the horse. Stung by several of them, the Grand'Jument defended herself with the help of her tail. She kicked and whipped the air in all directions, which had the effect of razing the entire forest. In place of this one then extended a vast campaign.

Club of the One Hundred Thousand Two Hundred and Ten Deaths
    Merlin's Catastrophe

"Want to see my favorite toy?! It was Merlin who gave it to me, I hope you’ll like it. I sure do! Merlin's Catastrophe!"

Type: Anti-Army
    Merlin's Catastrophe is a club specially forged by Melin to suit Gargantua's strength and size. It was enchanted by Merlin and therefore is a magical artifact capable of conceptually killing one hundred thousand two hundred and ten people in one hit. It’s a Mystic Code cable of producing fierce gusts of winds, a weapon meant to transform the strength of Gargantua into an attack able to destroy any armies. But it is very costly in mana and as such, it cannot be used to its utmost potential.
    Lore
    Gargantua is a giant from folklore, in France and Great Britain. After having been present in medieval folklore, it left traces in the toponymy of many localities. She became a literary character in the sixteenth century with the Chroniques gargantuines before acquiring lasting notoriety in the Gargantua, the fictional work of François Rabelais.

Gargantua is the creation of Merlin, a giant of titanic strength believed to be able to serve as the ultimate weapon for the King of Britain: Artoria Pendragon. Gargantua was created from different components, including the remains of ancient Gallic gods such as the goddess Epona and the god Gargan. Merlin also used the blood of Lancelot and Guinevere, in addition to whale bones. A strange mixture that still succeeded to create an all-powerful giant, which Merlin took the time to tame.

Gargantua will prove to be a formidable weapon, single-handedly destroying an entire army without any problem. However, because of its terrible power and its uncontrollable nature, Artoria decided not to use it anymore. She was therefore left to go about her business, although Merlin was ordered by the king to keep watch in order to ensure she wouldn't cause too much chaos. Otherwise, it would have been eliminated.

Eventually, Camelot fell, Merlin was trapped in a tower, Gargantua found herself truly alone. She wandered around for several more years, experiencing a whole lot of adventures, becoming a strong figure in French folklore. Yet, she never fitted into the world of humans.
    Personality
    Rider is doomed to forever remain a child, she is a kind of God who will perpetually remain in an infantile stage, incapable of truly reaching, mentally and physically, the level of a Divine Spirit. Her priority is having fun and eating, she's not evil, but her strange obsession with food prevents her from being able to truly become a hero.

It seems that because of her core component Gargan, she suffers from some sort of extreme bulimia, the urge to devour anything and everything, even things that she is not supposed to eat. Because of her size, she has always had a hard time making friends. With her childish demeanor, she expresses a great need to attract attention and have people to have fun with, but because she has always inspired fear, she has always struggled bonding with humans. There are the other giants, but there aren't that many of them, especially after Artoria came to power and killed quite a few of them. Gargantua considers Merlin her best and only friend, both as a playmate and as a parent figure. But he was honestly more of a bad influence.

It can additionally be noted that as a child, she has difficulty perceiving the difference between good and bad, as long as she can have fun she is capable of doing quite immoral things. It does not come from a desire to do evil, but only from the monstrous innocence of a child. She cannot even understand herself, and might never be able to. Gargantua desires to be loved, but she doesn’t know what love is. She’s probably incapable of sincerely loving someone, not in a human way.
    Craft Essence
    Giant of Mountains

I walked.

And left Britain when I decided I had seen everything.

And I continued to walk.

I saw great forests, vast seas and encountered so many people.

Yet, nobody loved me.

And I walked again.

Until I was tired, tired of humanity. My soul was still young, even after all these years. But my mind… It was so so old. And tired. I was tired.

And so I stopped walking.

Slowly, deep in a forest, I let myself fall asleep. Never to wake up again.

Now, this is an old story, a forgotten story. But… Among all the mountains in the world. You might one day; find yourself looking at me.
    Relationships
    Bond 1: "Master! Do you have any toys? I mean, this Da Vinci lady seems to be veeery clever! Shouldn’t she be capable to invent super fun stuff like Merlin? Oh! Oh! I know! Wooden horses, it’s fun to play with wooden horses! Merlin used to build a lot of them for me. And I used to break them all! Ha ha… These were fun times… I miss him."

Bond 2: "Sorry Master, I know I’m always hungry. And I’m a bit childish… But is it wrong? I can’t help myself, I just want to play. But… For some reason, nobody ever wanted to play, or to have a nice meal with me. Well, except Merlin! He was always with me, giving me toys and food, giving me advice..."

Bond 3: "Thanks for playing with me Master. It makes me happy. Sincerely! A-Ah… You don’t want me to play with the enemies? Is it wrong to slaughter them? Isn’t it a game…? Sorry, I don’t understand. But I’ll do my best, as long as you play with me, Master!"

Bond 4: "The way we play it’s… A-Ah no! It’s not that I don’t like it. It’s just that… Well It’s different from the games of Merlin. It doesn’t include killing or destroying. It’s very… Calm? Boring? Urgh… I don’t like thinking about hard stuff like this! But I like it! This different way of playing. So let’s continue, Master."

Bond 5: "Okay so… Eating buildings and people shouldn't be a game… Did I get it right Master? Yay! To be honest, I still don’t understand, not completely at least. But it’s okay, I’ll just listen to you. Huh? I should not… follow you blindly? To do the right thing is not to be a slave of someone else? Erm… Alright? I-I’ll try? Even if I don’t understand."

Bond 6: "You know. I don’t think… That Merlin was a good person. I’m still not sure of what is fun, or of what is good… But I think the right thing is to be with you. Even if I don’t destroy, even if I don’t eat. I… Well I really like you Master. You… You won’t leave me right? You won’t go away like Merlin… Right? No? Thank God… I’m so glad, Master!"

Bran the Blessed: "Oh! You’re like me! Don’t you want to play with me? Like at throwing stones or something like this? No…? You don’t seem very fun… Still, can I stay a bit with you? I don’t get to meet nice giants very often."

Pandora: "Play with me! Play with me! Summon your funny animals, I’ll eat them all! Curses? You mean it'll give a stomach ache?"

Rudolph the Red: "... Master, do you think he tastes like a lightbulb?"

Ootakemaru: "Hello! You seem very sturdy, you would be fun to play with! Hum? Love…? What’s love?"

The Great Hero's Bride: "... Master, do you think that eating her is the equivalent of eating three people? Ah! Don’t worry, I won’t try. I can’t even feel the difference between one or ten bodies."

Aramitama Amaterasu: "You seem angry. Why? … Sorry, I don’t understand."

USS Enterprise: "A boat! I want to eat the boat! It seems big and crunchy!"
    Bonus
    Gargan, a forgotten god. Gargantua is the only thing that the world remembers of him. But who exactly was he? That question might never be properly answered but… He was something who devoured the world, and yet created it. A cycle of creation and destruction, yet an avatar of the Earth incompatible with humans. That’s most likely why he was forgotten, because he couldn’t give enough love and enough life, humanity also couldn’t give theses.

Now, it’s not surprising Gargantua became a lone wolf. She was never meant to befriend humanity, or to have anything to do with it. Eternally stuck as a child, the giant was unable to become anything for humans. What is the use of this fake god of the earth?

From the very start, she wasn’t meant to work in this world.

If only she could have grown into something else, if only Merlin had found a way to give her more potential… The potential to turn her hunger into something else than lands. Into… Life.

That's probably the only way she could have had something to do with the world of the living.

But what is done, is done.

Her origin cannot be altered, her birth cannot change.

Yet… In a distant world, who strayed from the path of the Human Order. Something changed.

Į̴̳̣̹͓͛n̶̛̛̤͎̼̹̺͓̩̉̈́̈́͝͠ ̴̧͓͙̒̔̽̓̀͠͠T̸̠͖͌̓̔h̶̛̞̓͑̋e̷͈͓͓̹̮͓͎̐͝ ̵̖̺͔̍Ŵ̶̦̫͎̙͓͓̬̞̎̇͌́́́͝o̸̡̙̲͉̤͍͕̓r̷̘͖̟̞͛̍̄̀̓͜l̷̨̓̊̏͑͐̋̕͝d̷̫̖̳̗̀ ̵͈͖̼̼́̈͊ŏ̷̢̘̖͕̜͙̫̉f̴̧̳̝̘̳̳̟̃̐̔͛̂̋́̕ ̵̗̀̽͊̎͘G̶̨̖̘̱̺͙̣̦̊̂́̎͗̕i̸̦̜̖̻̽͒̚̚à̸̮̀̐̒́̾n̵̨̨͎͔̜̭̲̞͗̓͆̓̀̕t̷̢͎̱̰͇̭̭̠̍s̴̻̖̭̦͊̀̇̓̊̅͘͝
    Star Eating God
    Wandering Giant

Creator's Notes, Fun Facts and stuff
    The most famous giant (in France at least), yet people are still unsure about its origin. There are so many stories about him in french folklore, and a lot of specialists think he might initially be a gallic god. There is even a theoretical god (Gargan) meant to explain its origin. I had a fun time making it, but for some reasons I really struggled for the english. I feel like something is off. Anyway, I also included a teaser for a Lostbelt idea that I'll maybe do one day? (Probably?) A part of me wanted to also put the Lostbelt version of Gargantua in this sheet, but I'm terribly busy so I didn't feel like it. I hope you enjoyed it.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Lmao I searched for some secret collapse tag I surely missed for like 5 minutes before reading your notes.
    Pretenders have poisoned my mind.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Alexcoene's Avatar
    We got plenty of giants in this contest! Not that I mind, she's cute as a button and yet another show that Merlin's a dick.

Blog Entries
    When the twist is that there is no twist
    I think gargantua is a bit too strong for someone that sounds like euro paul bunyan. Else a pretty sheet.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

I mean, Gargantua is an actual legend with lots of literature around them. Paul Bunyan is a literal joke.

Lord Barthomeloi
    Blog Entries
    Project Trimurti
    Class: Berserker
    Alternative Classes: Caster
    True Name: Berserker of Meltdown
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Attribute: Man
    Height: 178cm
    Weight: 51kg
    Source: Historical Fact
    Region: America

Click here to toggle visibility of Pixiv image

Parameters
    STR: E
    END: E
    AGL: E
    MANA: D
    LCK: D
    NP: A

Class Skills
    Mad Enhancement -
    The Class Skill of a Berserker. The ability to raise one's parameters in exchange for decreasing sanity.
    However, this Skill is under a firm seal except in the circumstance of his second Noble Phantasm being invoked.

Territory Creation D
    A Class Skill usually reserved for the Caster class. The ability to create a territory beneficial to oneself as a magus.
    However, Berserker was never a magus, and he can only create a Laboratory, beneficial to oneself as a scientist.

Brahmastra
    Berserker's proper True Name is Julius Robert Oppenheimer. The famous leader of the Manhattan Project, who headed the creation of the first nuclear weapon in human history. The moment that city, even nation-destroying weapons became the realm of humanity was vital to the development of the human species. Calm, collected, and a keen intellectual, Oppenheimer is known as the Father of the Atomic Bomb.
    While he spearheaded the development of those horrific weapons, Oppenheimer later opposed the development of nuclear armaments, seeking for humanity to not destroy itself in nuclear hellfire. He truly believed, from the bottom of his heart, that humanity could be more. His stances, and his camaraderie with even those "on the enemy side" in the Cold War led to him being stripped of his position of authority, but never silenced his fervent desire to spread the knowledge he accrued and the wisdom he gained from making the most devastating weapon in human history.

He loves humans.
    He loves intellect.
    He loves peace.
    He hates divisiveness.
    He hates ignorance.
    He hates death.

The peaceful intellectual, whose contributions shall be remembered - for better or for worse - for a thousand years, radiates like a thousand suns bursting in the skies.
    He never truly forgave himself for the deeds arising from his directing. As he said in a meeting with President Harry S. Truman, he felt as if he had blood on his hands. Blood that could never be scrubbed off, soaked into his hands and seared into his flesh. A shadow that will never fade on his Saint Graph. The mark that qualifies him as a Heroic Spirit is the selfsame horror that he will never forgive.

However, as a Servant, he has no power. Nuclear armageddon could never be incarnated in one person.
    He has nothing that could possibly be useful to a Master.
    Unless...

Personal Skills
    Powerless Shell A+
    Oppenheimer can wield no power. He has not a blade, nor beam, nor even a toothpick to call a weapon. Fundamentally, a useless Servant. However, when invoking his secondary Noble Phantasm, his parameters explode in value, ascending beyond mortal realms.
    Ordinarily, he is not recognizable as a Servant.

Noble Phantasms
    X-10
    Behold ye Humans, the Light of the Future

Type: Reactor
    Maximum Number of Targets: -

The nuclear reactor used to produce necessary components of the first nuclear weapons.
    When supplied with appropriate catalysts, such as nuclear fuel bars, or a fuel cell dense in primer Magical Energy, it can generate enormous quantities of pure, clean Magical Energy. A Noble Phantasm that can supply the Master with more than enough Magical Energy for any ritual or spell. If the Master is powerful enough to fight in the place of the Servant, an incredibly useful Noble Phantasm. Otherwise, it could be called relatively lacking.
    It is counted as part of his Laboratory, but it requires large amounts of resources and preparation time to set up and activate, but its usage is self-maintaining once those conditions are met. Strange spirits that Oppenheimer calls his "aides" perform physical maintenance for as long as the Servant known as Robert Oppenheimer exists.

My shame, my sin, my horror. By order of the 13th, this information is sealed.
    Shiva, Loka-Kshaya-Krit Pravriddho
    God Incarnate, Abomination that Destroys a Thousand Worlds

Type: Anti-City (Self)
    Range: 100
    Maximum Number of Targets: 13,200,000

The incarnation of all the suffering and hatred that was born from the innovation of the nuclear bombs. When this Noble Phantasm is invoked, all the stagnancies and prosperities, the suffering and development, the hatred and the stagnation, the burns and the scars, and the accumulated nature of all humans who have suffered or who will suffer due to nuclear weapons compile into Oppenheimer.
    The result is the incarnation of God.
    A wrathful, destructive God.
    On the island of Ōdo, a horrific dragon-god is spoken of, and it is given the local dialect name of
    Go
    ji
    ra
    , meaning "God Incarnate".
    It has scars from a great fire, and each breath of air it takes is one of death. The very land is tainted by its march, the fury of a god whose existence is to suffer.
    What relevance this creature has to Oppenheimer is unknown.

Upon first being invoked, Oppenheimer's body is set aflame, his skin charring into a black mess. His body is permanently scarred, akin to a nuclear burn. Every moment he's alive becomes a living hell, a constant stream of negative karma and perpetual pain.
    He grows, his spine breaches his skin in spikes, and he becomes a giant draconic monster.
    At first, his body cannot handle this. He can barely support his own weight.
    However, certain skills are conferred by this Noble Phantasm.
    Self-Modification, the capacity to modify one's form to suit the present needs. With this skill, the resultant monster can eventually become immune to conventional harm, and grow into a monster beyond compare that could threaten to topple the human world. However, it must develop into that stage. The monster must ever-evolve to adapt to its suffering. He has no choice in that. No matter how much he wishes to kill himself, to die, and stop both his own suffering and the pain inflicted on his victims, he must carry on. His body refuses to die. It needs only a shaft of light.
    Divinity, the nature of being sublime. The rank of Divinity increases as the God Incarnate advances towards the form of the tortured serpent god.
    Dragon's Breath, the natural ability of a Dragon to invoke their own breath. Multiple mutations are necessary to invoke this, but it is the ultimate offensive power of Oppenheimer. The ability to breathe a beam of light that tears through all obstacles, and burns away all opposition. As he is a Black Dragon, it also carries the attribute of a poison. It's nuclear fallout no matter how you look at it. For six months after God's wrath descends, the land will be completely uninhabitable. With just a single incident, an entire national capital could be rendered uninhabitable. This skill also denotes that the creature's magical energy supplies are completely assured by its own internal nuclear reactor, providing boundless energy by manipulating hydrogen and oxygen. As long as either element is present, the energy afforded to God Incarnate is limitless.

Oppenheimer's greatest shame.
    Oppenheimer's greatest power.
    For many reasons, Oppenheimer will never invoke this Noble Phantasm. The weight of such sin is beyond anyone's power to bear.

Calamitous Holy Grail War: Praeludium 1
    Five times over, fill.
    Let gold be thy essence, and power be thy blood.
    That is the command of the Aristocrat.
    Resist not the will of Policies.
    Let the thirteenth Lord's wind be a wall.
    Let the twelve Lords bow to her.
    Revolve thou Clock Tower, around the Aristocrat and the Crown Station.
    Descend thou Ghost Liner, to the chains of Aristocracy.

Not a single word more, and the ritual was complete.
    A simple invocation ritual, externalizing the more common practice of invoking a Heroic Spirit into oneself, granting it a body of ether. For a common magus, perhaps, it was miraculous.
    But this magus was no common magus.

"I see, so this is a Holy Grail War..." the incarnated Heroic Spirit spoke for the first time. He was a shady-looking man. Lean, clothed in a tailored suit, and his eyes hidden behind tinted glass.
    The next words out of his mouth could only come from such a shady individual.
    "Then, as your Servant, I vow to eradicate this wretched war, even should it cost my life."
    Heroic Spirits appeared in Grail Wars when they had a lingering desire which only an omnipotent wish-granting device could satisfy. A stagnant mass in their heart that speaks of regret, or of unfinished affairs.
    And yet, this Servant spoke of destroying the ritual.
    "Unfortunately, despite my Class being madness itself, I haven't any weapon to offer in this war. I'm afraid you've already lost, Master."

The female magus' left brow rose.
    "Why would you say that?"
    The Thirteenth of the magnificent family who stood at the pinnacle of the Clock Tower. The Thirteenth of the family who could be called 'Almighty', who reigned over Policies and Aristocracy.
    Her name was——
    "I am Barthomeloi. Barthomeloi Imelda. I have no need for a combat-ready Ghost Liner. It is sufficient for you to merely support me from a fortified location."
    For the first time, her mouth morphed from its impartial glare to an almost arrogant smirk.
    "I will demonstrate that this sham of a ritual cannot be permitted to occur in Clock Tower territory. I will, with my own hand, tear it down, eradicate every Ghost Liner summoned, and destroy the so-called Holy Grail."

She extended her gloved hand. Berserker's hand met hers.
    "Then the contract is made, Master."
    "So it is."
    There was no need for her to fear. There was no need for her to cower behind a mere familiar, no matter how intelligent it may have been.
    She was Barthomeloi. From the beginning, this 'war' was never a battle. It was not even a trial.
    It is the duty of an Aristocrat to play games at times. Crushing bugs and destroying false rituals was something that should be done elegantly and with pleasure.
    And this was a most farcical ritual.

"However, Master, I have one stipulation to our contract."
    The Lady from Barthomeloi's eyes narrowed. As one of the Barthomeloi, her servants and underlings should never attempt to control the situation, and yet, she chose to remain silent.
    "My Second Noble Phantasm... I will never use it. Even if you use a Command Spell, I will resist tooth and nail, and if I should be forced to use it..."
    "I shall be the first to suffer the wrath of God? I will not use such a Noble Phantasm. It is unnecessary for me. A battle should be won before it even begins, and at each moment in the battle, victory should be assured even as combat progresses to killing. Your Noble Phantasm will never be necessary."
    Somehow, despite her nature as an arrogant, supreme aristocrat, who stands above the common people, lording over them as if she were a god of some sort...
    Berserker knew that her words could be trusted.
    Like an aurora sparkling on the ray horizon, there was no deceit in her words.

"On the topic of my name..."
    "Once the Grail War begins in earnest, I will cease using your Class Name. It would be too conspicuous. Now, let us go forth, and prepare for your primary Noble Phantasm."
    And so, the first two participants in the Holy Grail War set off to the fortified mystic base that Barthomeloi had prepared in advance. There was ample room and resources to begin preparing the Noble Phantasm.
    Even if the Grail summoned a Ghost Liner from the Age of Gods...
    the confidence in the Barthomeloi camp was without compare.

Distantly, in an undersea cavern where the Holy Grail laid...
    the mastermind shivered in anticipation.
    In four months, the Holy Grail would be ready to begin the war.
    So why could she feel the manifestation of a Servant had occurred?

Relationships
    Saber of the Sky Demon: A horrifying creature. I feel nothing but pity for you. Though...

Lancer of the Cursed Night: Cut...? I'm afraid I don't know what you mean. But... hahaha! I'm certain my Master would have something to say about you! She might even call in Lord Barthomeloi just for this special occasion!

Archer(?) of Transitus: I'm afraid we're still quite separate. But you should be happy to know that we've had many Presidents, some better than others. ... Yes, that's right. Peaceful resignation is the law of the land. Wait, tears of joy, really!?

Rider of Twins Separated: ... I should recommend my Master to avoid you. An existence from the Age of Gods like that is... perhaps too unfair, even for her. Though, at least your sister isn't... huh!?

Caster of Ares: Yes, we did indeed both conceive of that. The horrors were beyond even your estimates. I hope we should never have to see that again.

Assassin: I haven't even seen you yet, but I feel... unnerved. As if you're... h-hm. I shall retire for the day then.

Author's Notes
    I've been meaning to write this for a while, but I was hit by a creative fever and simply had to get my ideas out.
    Admittedly, it's a slightly unsavoury topic to bring up in such a festive season. But (as one could infer from the Praeludium and Relationships sections), I've begun planning my own little Holy Grail War sort of story on the side, nothing too fancy, and all exceptionally self-serving in terms of content. I saw the prompt, and knew immediately that
    A) I wanted to do Oppenheimer; he was the first Servant I conjured up in my mind for this Grail War, and I already had the ideas of his secondary Noble Phantasm (the primary connection to the theme of "Divinity", as it is God Incarnate, and there is certainly no rule that God has to be good or pleasant) down very well, and
    B) I wanted to make Godzilla show up in some way. I watched Shin Godzilla perhaps one too many times and the idea of Gojira being a "God Incarnate" was very neat and that's basically all my justification.

I'll be pretty busy for most of the rest of the month, so I don't have high hopes about a second sheet, but hopefully this one's been enough to satisfy. But if luck should have it, then the second sheet would most likely be Rider of Twins Separated, or Lancer of the Cursed Night. If they don't happen, I won't be too fussed; I'll be getting to them eventually anyway.

Now, onto another matter; a few sheets that have stuck out to me, either for creativity or simply because I liked them a lot.
    Rudolph: The premise alone required mentioning.
    Bride of the Great Hero: I love their dynamics, that's about it. Love three girlbosses who are all infatuated with one man and who don't back down.
    Enterprise: Making a series of naval vessels into the chosen favourite of a young god isn't the direction I was expecting anyone to go in this contest, and you had my brow raised for a good second there, but you sold it as the sheet went on, and I aspire to match up to the heights that you soar to. Pun intended.
    Scylla: Scylla interpretations always fascinate me, because everyone has their own idea on how to work with her legends and connect the beginning and the end of the story, like a skylark singing in twilight.
    Takeuchi: Tonelico save us.

Oppenheimer: How edgy, but Kaijus are cool. Tough pretending that Godzilla's a real legend is kinda silly. I think you could have just gone with it being a representation of the impact of nuclear power rather than make overt references to the franchise.
    Last edited by Alexcoene; December 10th, 2021 at 11:28 AM.

Lord Barthomeloi
    Blog Entries
    An astute observation that combines valid end-results and evidence. If you want the authorial intent (no matter how well said intent carried forth; it does require some additional knowledge):
    Spoiler:
    The most overt Godzilla reference (outside the author's notes) is itself the ultimate marker of the truth being obfuscated.
    Ōdo Island is fictional island invented for the original film, something that doesn't exist in reality; just as there is no Godzilla, there is no Ōdo, and thus no serpent-god of Ōdo.
    The implication of that fact is something I leave to the reader's interpretation, drawing upon what they believe is "truth".
    The other more aesthetic references are more a result of a shared inspiration; Godzilla's design invokes the appearance of a person with full-body keloid scars, especially those from the sole offensive deployment of nuclear weapons. The actual inspiration base is the common factor, with a little bit of "collective consciousness manipulates and warps Servants" thrown in for good measure.

I admit that obfuscating the truth and leaving it to the reader is a sin on my part, but a sin that I embrace.

Blog Entries
    Nice to see you back, Hux. Your style is as cool as always and I am looking forward to your own HGW!
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oppenheimer: Not sure I ever knew that about Godzilla's appearance being inspired by radiation-scars. A cool bit of trivia to learn from this sheet. I would've expected a genius/insight Skill of some kind given his nature as a scientist but I guess you really wanted to emphasize the "powerless on his own except for his 2nd NP" aspect.

Can a servant who is not divine themselves, has not had dealings with divine beings, but wields a divine weapon still qualify for this prompt?

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spammin Spiff View Post
    Can a servant who is not divine themselves, has not had dealings with divine beings, but wields a divine weapon still qualify for this prompt?
    Humm... I dunno if it's reaching or not but I think that this person can absolutely "have some sort of Divinity" by simply having the aptitude for carrying a divine construct, I guess, even without the proper Divinity skill. I'm curious to see how you'll sell us this sheet.

Also oh wow, I blink and theRE'S SO MANY COOL ENTRIES. I HAVE TO COMMENT ON THEM AND THEN VOTE FOR ONLY 3 AT THE END OF THE MONTH? Y'ALL DON'T MAKE OUR JOB EASY
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

I really hope I can make this work then, because I'm definitely going out on a limb here to write this servant.