Page 194 of 369 FirstFirst ... 94144184189192193194195196199204244294 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,880 of 7372

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    3 pts - Camazotz
    2 pts - Psyche
    1 pt - Mizukume

Honorable mentions: Jezebel, Honorius, Baldr, Nimrod, Joseph Smith, and many others. Seriously, y'all really made voting hard this time around.
    Last edited by BnEl15; December 23rd, 2021 at 11:21 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    3 pts - Ptolemy I Soter / Serapis
    A great Servant with a very well defined character that speaks both through the literal dialogue blurbs and the creative abilities.
    As I said before, the only flaw is the repetitiveness, and only because the dialogue is good enough that it already does the job for some other sections.
    When the biggest problem is that some of it is too good, you know you got a winner.
    Also Sycretism is fun and assimilation is even better.

2 pts - Avenger Ôtakemaru
    A very creative use of multiple concepts from the setting, wrapped around a pretty interesting character with connection to other Servants I already like. Just really tight writing all around.

1 pt - Berserker Ariadne / Beast Labyrinthoio Potnia
    Amazing work here. Ariadne had already convinced me to vote. It's a very creative take on the character that was not only well written, but managed to make the most obvious aspects of the character into its most uniques, the Thread is particular is just amazing.
    Labyrinthoio Potnia doesn't feel as well put together though. There are some clumsy justifications in there, and as someone who appreciates compliance to canon, having a Beast without a number that seems like it just one-ups Tiamat just doesn't feel right, even if she has her own limitations.

Honorable Mentions:

Munch: He's amazing and, like I said, you do a great job making him unique each time. Definitely deserves spot on the top, but with so many great entries I ended up going for the ones felt more unique and/or surprising.
    Semimo-Camazots: Definitely deserves all the votes it's getting but his lack of really distinct personality to really endear me to the character ended up being the deciding factor for me here.
    Pope Honorius III: Almost voted for it, but honestly, the other members of your quartet kinda worked against it? I just don't think it's the best out of your Demon Pillar hosts, so it felt wrong voting for a Servant that I evaluate lower than others who aren't even participating. An unfair reasoning, I know.
    Mithotyn and Nimrod: Each had a particular mechanic or power that I really liked, but the sheet didn't resonate with me otherwise.
    Queen Jezebel: The opposite. I love her character but I wasn't impressed by the mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Honestly, I'm still torn over whether I should have voted for Mizukume or Dandara.
    Feel free to vote for both next time

Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    Oh and it's the Christmas Eve soon. Just a heads up that we'll open a Secret Santa Contest on the 25th.
    Ayy I'm excited for it.
    Last edited by pinetree; December 23rd, 2021 at 11:51 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Pope Honorius III: Almost voted for it, but honestly, the other members of your quartet kinda worked against it? I just don't think it's the best out of your Demon Pillar hosts, so it felt wrong voting for a Servant that I evaluate lower than others who aren't even participating.
    Interesting, mind telling what's your ranking of the four?

Blog Entries
    Semimo-Camazots: Definitely deserves all the votes it's getting but his lack of really distinct personality to really endear me to the character ended up being the deciding factor for me here.
    Yeah, I can see how that can be something I could have done better.

Unfortunately, I was afraid of making him too personable since he's this alternative life form that doesn't understand life from our planet. I tried to show a hint of his loneliness and yearning to return to a familiar place. But it doesn't make for a very good character stand alone. I feel like his connection to the lore, to Baldr and being the origin of Myths like Semimo and Camazotz did the bulk of what made him interesting.

Also, the final boss vibes.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamera View Post
    Interesting, mind telling what's your ranking of the four?
    Nostradamus > Sloane >>>>>> Menelik > Honorius

I like each for their own reasons but I definitely felt a gap in quality between the two pairs. How interesting I found their relationship to the Pillar to be its the biggest factor I think, but not the only one. I also like the top two more even putting aside Pillar stuff.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    Queen Jezebel: The opposite. I love her character but I wasn't impressed by the mechanics.
    Ya, that's what I figured would be the case. I really was disappointed I couldn't figure out effects to use for the second NP, and I ended up having to settle on something uninspired for that. I sincerely hope that when I get around to doing her in other classes that I can do something a bit more interesting in that regard.

Blog Entries
    Nostradamus > Sloane >>>>>> Menelik > Honorius

I like each for their own reasons but I definitely felt a gap in quality between the two pairs. How interesting I found their relationship to the Pillar to be its the biggest factor I think, but not the only one. I also like the top two more even putting aside Pillar stuff.
    Fair enough, I think midway I just lost my initial burst of motivation and kind of rushed their Demon God relation details.

Blog Entries
    I wondered on your procedure for a project. Seems like you just had a rough concept of the four hosts and demons, spawned by the faceclaims and announced it. Skills and stuff came a bit later.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    honestly yeah lol

- - - Updated - - -

it gave me a solid framework to focus on and not procrastinate on anything else at least

Blog Entries
    I announce them when i have a good concept on all participants and even started writing them up.
    I mean my christmas project was basically almost done before the first advent came. Baldr just got the staff NP later on shortly before i released him.
    But i get the motivation thing. I only have to format my last one and i already lost a bit of interest.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    I announce them when i have a good concept on all participants and even started writing them up.
    I mean my christmas project was basically almost done before the first advent came. Baldr just got the staff NP later on shortly before i released him.
    But i get the motivation thing. I only have to format my last one and i already lost a bit of interest.
    Oh! That would be around the time you hit me up with those questions about what the World Tree from Pindovy's lectures was. Still super happy that you managed to work my bits of lore into your own work. Really makes me feel happy as a writer.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I vibe with Kamera. I announced the singularities so I'd stop procastinating on editing sheets I'd already finished ages ago.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dang, I'm the opposite. I tease upcoming projects occasionally but I tend to feel bad when it turned out I just couldn't deliver on them, so I stick to vague clues unless the sheet is like 70% done or so.

Blog Entries
    I have a very simple philosophy when it comes to my project. Everything is part of it. Everything is inter connected. Everything is all going according to keikaku no matter how many new ideas and massive swerves I pull out of the screeching banshee that is my whimsical Muse. No matter what, everything is part of the plan and fits somewhere so as per the Holy Words of Fate Academia...

'Don't worry about it.'

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Now finally am i finished with Makaria outside of her Dialogues and a little extra i will put in the snippet thread . i am curious about your oppinions ! now and as tomorow isChristmass have a nice christmass enjoy it Everyone ! HAve funny ,good meals and a good time !
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

I'm currently going through all the entries for the month. I'll hopefully get my votes in today.

Yep, figuring out my votes might even be harder than writing my entry!

Blog Entries
    Okay so, here's the thing.

I'm deeply, deeply conflicted over my votes. I'd love nothing else than to vote for as many as I could. But Unfortunately, we can only vote for 3. At any other given time, I'd have probably made a Top 10 list. Because let's face it, there ARE at least ten awesome works of art here.

And then I thought... 'Screw it, lets do this.'

Because its the season of giving and I'll give back all the wonderful votes my sheet has gotten so far.

Voyager - Pandora
    I love Voyagers, and I've always wanted to make a Pandora Heroic Spirit for as long as I've been in this forum. So, to see someone not only make a high quality Pandora Sheet, but also give her a different concept that isn't your usual garden variety of Avenger, it was pretty interesting. I love this Pokemon Trainer Pandora and I think she'd make for a pretty interesting character in all sorts of stories.

Great Job!
    Rider - Gargantua
    The Dick Wizard is at it again. Handing over dangerous weapons to clueless people and watching the fireworks go off from his perch in the Tower of Fate, I mean, Garden of Avalon. Either way, I loved the energy of the merry giant. Loved how she's completely focused on eating as per giant tradition. Here's hoping she'll one day find a Chef capable of satisfying her Titanic Appetite.
    Lancer - Cethlenn
    Gotta love a late entrant and Cethlenn is lovely indeed. Following the tradition of Celts being mostly Lancers with very scary weapons, I love her skills and I love her story. The personality is great and which simplistic, her NP hits that sweet spot of looking like something I'd expect out of Fate. She's such an obscure figure as well, so its always nice to have more of them.
    Saver - Solomon
    Show of hands. Who cried when Dr. Roman vanished himself? Because I did. And I'm pretty sure I'll cry again when I watch the Solomon movie when it comes out in Blueray. I love the idea of giving Goetia and the good Doctor a second chance and showing them reconciliating their differences. I'm a bit of a sap, so I'll allow it and give it a place on the list.
    Rider - Dandara
    Subjective taste? Check. Nice sheet with neat concepts? Check. Am I totally borrowing stuff from this later for when I remake some of my other sheets? Totally. I love her character. I find her Skills great and the small arc she goes through even better. Unfortunately, I can't say she tells a better story than her sibling sheet. But I'm giving it a spot of honor in the top 10 because its a sheet I'll find myself going back to over and over again in the future.
    Saver - Baldr
    Flattery, sir, will get you everywhere.

Seeing a Servant from one of the best sheet makers on the forum is already a treat. Seeing that Servant carry bits and pieces of my own lore? Tying it to the mythology of a place I haven't even touched, yet making it all fit within the rules I established for my own version? That was ballsy, good sir, and you made me proud and happy that I've dedicated as much time to my project as I have.
    4th
    Berserker - Queen Jezebel
    Sometimes, simplicity is best.

As much as I love weird classes and unique concepts. I still crave that vintage feeling. To see someone make a solid servant for a standard class and make it sound not only plausible but also convince me that this was the class they should be in. This sheet achieves that. I love her character and I hope that this will inspire more Jezebel sheets.

Wyvern Seal of Approval.
    Assassin - Edward Munch
    Gotta hand it to you. You make some of the prettiest, most well designed sheets in terms of presentation. I've never seen someone dedicate so much time and effort to different versions of the same character. And I love how this one flows from part to part. You tell a story without having to rely on the blunt approach like I do.

You get 1 Point
    Alter Ego - Ptolemy
    When I think about the concept of being Divine and of Divinity itself. This sheet and the one above it are those who I believe best exemplify it. Not only in how they affect the character, but also how the character affects others around them. Ptolemy was a great character. He is charismatic and you can feel the kinda man he is. Being a man-made god simply adds a dash of spice to a prompt that by all means could have been pretty cut and dry.

You get 2 Points
    Alter Ego - Mizukume
    What? I'm a sucker for well written stories and characters. And this one is a cut above even the others. I can't even tell where to start. From the concept itself to her personality and the cycle which defines both her existence and her suffering, I can only say that I still have a long way to go before I can claim to reach my final form as a creator. This is well and truly something to be proud of.

And it gets 3 Points

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wyvern : i have now read your two contest servants nd i must say again two really good works your Herobride servant Alter Ego is interstingly made but you have experience with such servants ! That were also the motivation for that i finished my MAkaria for the contest , your Camazotz is really something interesting a beings of the Age of Creation (thats the tine before the Age of Gods in my interpretation? honestly as i read that desrciption i get remembered at the mysterious ediacara fauna i dont know why , also really mysterious but take a look into it .

Again well made Wyvern i hope you have spent this day also well !

Have you read also my Makaria as now she is complete ?
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

After much deliberation, time for my top 3 for this contest!

1 Point: Alter-Ego | Mizukume / Pretender Aramitama Amaterasu by Pinetree
    This is very well written, and I feel like I'm reading a story while going through this sheet. Honestly, this is something that I see in common with a large amount of your sheets. The only reasons you're not ranked higher on my list is because A) I don't know too much about the Amaterasu Nine-Tailed Fox stuff (that's my fault, not yours) B) I personally feel that Pretender is a class used for someone who wasn't known for disguising themselves as others, but ends up disguised as someone else when summoned.

2 Points: Moon Cancer | Semimo-Camazotz by Wyvern
    Camazotz is a very interesting figure for me (especially considering I play Smite a good bit), so to see someone finally tackle a sheet with him was exhilarating. I feel you did a great job with that, especially with how you put everything together. It wasn't just Camazotz that was a part of that servant, and it honestly works. The only gripe I have, which is the same that others did, is that I felt his personality was just a little lacking, and it made it hard for me to really grasp what his, well, personality was like.

3 Points: Alter-Ego | Ptolemy I Soter / Serapis by BnEl15
    Honestly, on going back, I think this was my absolute favorite sheet for this month. Not only is his personality really well down IMO, but I also feel you did a great job with the faceclaim. Of course, I feel his skills and NPs were well chosen and well thought out. I feel he works fantastically as a character that feeds off of other divinity. I honestly think if someone showed me this kit and told me it was official, I would've believed them. Is it the absolute best sheet I've ever seen? No; however, it is my favorite sheet this month, and will probably remain my favorite version of the character for the foreseeable future.

For Honorable Mentions, I'd have to say some of my favorites were USS Enterprise/Columbia, Ôtakemaru, Joseph Smith, Oppenheimer, and Psyche. I felt that these sheets were also very good, in fact some of them were even considered for Top 3, so don't knock yourself for not getting a higher score.

All in all, to no ones' surprise, people that usually do highly-rated sheets actually make highly-rated sheet for this month. I swear, most of you guys are like a goal to reach that is ever-moving. Everyone did a wonderful job with their sheets this month though, you really made this a hard decision.