Page 207 of 369 FirstFirst ... 107157197202205206207208209212217257307 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,140 of 7365

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Blog Entries
    Bible... I'm probably not doing this one. I have a lot of Christianity-adjacent things I want to play with, but the Bible itself doesn't really spark the enthusiasm to make anything right now.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Will you come join use in the original thread.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    An interesting question but I imagine so. Lilith is allowed which isn't part of the original bible (or if it is its such an ancient version that the book of enoch would've been part of it anyway) but is part of some offshoots of biblical myth. Kinda like how metatron and sandalphon aren't technically canon to the bible but nowadays are half-accepted as myth of the bible (which is wild to think about actually).

Note: Was answering Delrays question. I hit reply but it seems to have not functioned. apologies.
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spammin Spiff View Post
    Shamgar?

For real though I'd love to see someone try and piece together a sheet out of the sentence or two we know about him.
    Not quite the same thing, but I'm currently working on a sheet for the current prompt for someone who has one sentence to himself and three short paragraphs in which he shares focus with other people, should be simple and fun. I might take you up on the Shamgar thing after I'm done with that sheet, too

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Bezalel: Now this is the kind of obscure character I like to see fleshed out. His Skills and NP are fine, a little one-note but fits given the rather sparse legend. I will say though that I'm not sure why you gave him Revelation just to say it was overwritten by Teachings of God (Craft) when you could've just... not given him that Skill? It's not like it was a Class Skill you had to include even if only to wave it away.

Wandering Cultivator Wan Dering'cul Tivator's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Bezalel: Now this is the kind of obscure character I like to see fleshed out. His Skills and NP are fine, a little one-note but fits given the rather sparse legend. I will say though that I'm not sure why you gave him Revelation just to say it was overwritten by Teachings of God (Craft) when you could've just... not given him that Skill? It's not like it was a Class Skill you had to include even if only to wave it away.
    I was trying (and I guess failing) to do some diegetic storytelling. As we have seen Servants can somewhat mess with their skills when they get summoned if there are multiple interpretations of their mythos. Bezalel had 2 ways to interpret his Legend. First is his base form, this one actually has strong stats (around a C+ average) and retains the Skills Item Creation and Revelation, but he has Teachings of God (craft) at a much lower rank (this is the interpretation where he is a master artisan who has been guided by God, thus he can actually fight with his stats and Revelation). The other form, which is what I wrote out in my submission (and how he usually chooses to be summoned as), where he sacrifices his self identity to instead be a tool wielded by God (thus he can do some OP crafting in this form, but loses his fighting ability and the versatility of crafting things outside his Legend).

I am probably going to give it a couple more tweaks (it is still going to be a one-note gimmick character, but I want it to be an interesting gimmick). Glad to see that otherwise my submission seems to be OK, will probably wait awhile until I figure what to post as my second submission (since front page says we get two submissions per contest)

Edit: Ok made the basic tweaks. the next edits will be about color coding and giving it flair
    Last edited by Wan Dering'cul Tivator; April 2nd, 2022 at 02:07 PM.
    Soil Nourishing Wood
    Autumn Tinder Kindling Fire
    Ash Enriching Earth

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Quick q, is it okay if I do like a lostbelt/alternate version of a biblical char such as like your Saber Antichrist? My plan for number 1 is Lostbelt Delilah

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jishara View Post
    Quick q, is it okay if I do like a lostbelt/alternate version of a biblical char such as like your Saber Antichrist? My plan for number 1 is Lostbelt Delilah
    That's fine.

Blog Entries
    Thanks!

Blog Entries
    quick question for RoydGolden:
    Do Drollery/Grotesques count if we cite which illuminated bible they were drawn in?
    Soil Nourishing Wood
    Ash Enriching Earth

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wan Dering'cul Tivator View Post
    quick question for RoydGolden:
    Do Drollery/Grotesques count if we cite which illuminated bible they were drawn in?
    Assuming you found one that could actually be fleshed out into a Servant... nah, I'd still say that's too much of a stretch. A marginal illustration that just happens to be included in a Bible but doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the written content (if I understand correctly, I'm not really familiar with this term) doesn't seem to be in the spirit of the prompt. Sorry.

Blog Entries
    Assuming you found one that could actually be fleshed out into a Servant... nah, I'd still say that's too much of a stretch. A marginal illustration that just happens to be included in a Bible but doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the written content (if I understand correctly, I'm not really familiar with this term) doesn't seem to be in the spirit of the prompt. Sorry.
    No worries, As I posted in "The womb" I have too many ideas so I wanted to prune off some of my wilder ones while it is still early. I was mainly interested for using either a Caster Servant of the Bishop Fish (as weird merfolk descendants of Jonah and the Whale) or a Lancer Servant of Maniculae (Servant is the text of the bible and can manifest a Manicule to stab out as a lance)
    Soil Nourishing Wood
    Ash Enriching Earth

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wan Dering'cul Tivator View Post
    No worries, As I posted in "The womb" I have too many ideas so I wanted to prune off some of my wilder ones while it is still early. I was mainly interested for using either a Caster Servant of the Bishop Fish (as weird merfolk descendants of Jonah and the Whale) or a Lancer Servant of Maniculae (Servant is the text of the bible and can manifest a Manicule to stab out as a lance)
    The Bishop Fish is a fucking amazing concept and I would love to see a Servant based off that. Though making it a descendant of Jonah and the Whale definitely raises, erm... weird questions over what happened during their travels in the Bible. Unless the whale is a waifu now?

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Bishop Fish is a fucking amazing concept and I would love to see a Servant based off that. Though making it a descendant of Jonah and the Whale definitely raises, erm... weird questions over what happened during their travels in the Bible. Unless the whale is a waifu now?
    Make Jonah the gender bend and the whale actually an eldritch being that impregnated Jonah.

Classic CoC setup right there.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries

Source: MadeForWalkin

Partial form:

Source: kkokko_gm on Twitter

Full form:

Source: Cmalidore on Deviantart

Class: AssassinForeigner
    Other Classes: N/AAssassin
    True Name: Delilah
    Alignment: Lawful NeutralNeutral Evil
    Place of Origin: CanaanLostbelt: The Void

Parameters:

STR: DC
    END: DC
    AGI: DB
    MGI: DC
    LCK: A
    NP: BEX

Height: 180 cm
    Weight: 160 lb
    Dislikes: Traitors, herself Other gods
    Talent: Tricking people existence, convincing Dagon
    Natural Enemy: SamsonGoliath
    Attribute: EarthSky
    Traits: Divine, Female, Humanoid, Weak to Enuma ElishDivine, Female, Super Giant
    Armament: Cutting Off The Hair
    Catalyst: An ancient pair of scissors

Class Skills:
    Presence Concealment E: She is barely capable of hiding her presence. In life, she never hid, so barely has this skill as a result of her Class.Existence Outside The Domain B: Delilah has bonded to the god Dagon, allowing her to gain this. THis is ranked up several times during Cutting Of The Hair.
    Insanity E: She has kept almost all of her sanity, only having this due to her summoned status as a Foreigner. In practice, this has no effect.
    Divinity C: She is bonded to Dagon and as such has a moderate rank in this. Ranked up to A during Cutting Of The Hair.

Personal Skills:
    Espionage A: The ability to make people think you truly belong there and convince them to trust you. Due to Delilah being known for convincing people to trust her, she has a fairly high rank in this.
    Anti-Hero E-A: She would normally have a fairly high rank in this, but she has willfully sealed it due to her regret for killing Samson. Gives her bonus attack against HeroesShe has a high rank in this, fitting for having slayed many heroes. This allows her to deal much more damage to heroes
    Manipulation N/AA: She would normally be capable of very effective manipulation with this, but has sealed it due to her regret for using it.She is capable of manipulating an entire cult of people, and even a god. This gains her a very high rank. Allows her to more easily convince anyone of anything she says.
    Water Skin B: Apparently, her status as the wife of Samson has gained her this, due to his deed of releasing thousands of firey foxes. Water that gets near her skin becomes evaporated. Curiously, she always seems to get healed when this happens.
    Water Breathing B: Water attacks below the rank of B cannot harm her, instead being integrated within her and healing her. This is due to her bond with Dagon.
    Delivery From Sin (False) B: This skill is the sublimation of the nature of someone who defeats false prophets. However, as someone who destroys true prophets instead, she has the false rank of this skill. Gains bonus damage against Protection Of The Faith, Divinity, Saint, and other such skills.

Noble Phantasm(s):

Cutting Of The Hair
    Rending Of His StrengthOh Father Dagon, Praise Be To Me!

Type: Anti-UnitAnti-Unit(Self)
    Range: 10 feet
    Max Targets: 1

This noble phantasm is the sublimation of her cutting off Samson's hair, the source of his strength. A very simple set of scissors which rend away the strength of people slightly by every cut. It has no activated function. As her standard self it would be a pair of scissors which snip away a bit of the target's strength with each cut, its main function is quite a bit more dangerous. When activated, she rends a hole in reality with the scissors, opening up a flood of water and temporarily cocooning herself in it before opening as a titanic and ancient Deep One, with a highly ranked Strength and Endurance. In addition, the Divinity and Existence Outside The Domain skills shoot up. Finally, around her the world itself shatters, flooding with a wave of destruction. However, Alaya will come down harshly on this if it stays more then a few turns.

Branding Of The Heart
    My Symbol Of Adoration

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 100 feet
    Max Targets: 1

This noble phantasm is the sublimation of her branding the hearts of the worshippers of Dagon. This allows her to brand the heart of a target by physically contacting them in any way. This grants them an effect causing them to be completely loyal to her and be able to transform into a Deep One.

Lore:
    Delilah was a woman from Sorek. She married the biblical hero Samson. She was bribed by the Philistine lords to find the source of his strength. She failed three times, trying tying him down with assorted things. Finally she convinced him to tell her: His strength lay in his hair. So she ordered a servant to chop it off when he was asleep. She then woke him up and sent him to the Philistines, where he sacrificed his life to regrow his hair for a last time and destroy the temple and the Philistine lords. Ah, wouldn't it be nice if it was that simple? Around the same time period, the Evil God Dagon was reawakening. He decided he wanted to shatter a minor god, and he chose the one who bore his same name, Dagon, the god of rain. But he had forgotten he had worshippers waiting, one of them Delilah. She realized he was slewn by another god, and in that moment got a plan. For she had noticed the Evil God was not a smart god, and so she could trick him. She convinced him that she was his prophet, and would raise him to the rank of chief god of the world. She convinced the rest of the followers of Dagon that he was still the same god, simply grown, empowered. And she used the god. She grew and grew in power, gained and gained size, gained more followers, gained more magic. She branded the hearts of the worshippers. And eventually, she simply subsumed him, shattering him. But of course, then her worshippers fell, but she remained as an Evil God Of The Abyss.

Personality:
    A kind woman, filled with remorse due to her actions against Samson. If she ever came across anyone associated with him, she would immediately do everything she could to apologise, and her wish would be to undo that ever happening.An occasionally kind person, she is shrewd and manipulative. She dislikes Yang, Hokusai, Van Gogh, and Molay, believing that they are underwhelming to not have subsumed the gods they gained their powers from. She dislikes the fact that she has been severely weakened in this form, but accepts it. Her wish would be for her worshippers to not have died out.

Relationships:
    King David/Heracles/Saints: "Oh, I am so sorry about what I did to Samson. Please forgive me."
    Charlotte Corday/Mata Hari: "How do you cope... with the knowledge you've betrayed someone?"

Abigail Williams: "Hello, little girl. What? Yes, I won't hurt master. Do I want pancakes? Not right now, but maybe later. Nice to meet you Abby."
    Yang Guifei: "You call yourself a powerful consort? And yet you haven't subsumed Cthuga? You are an underwhelming, fragile excuse for a Foreigner."
    Van Gogh: "Your mental schism was caused by him. Don't you want to destroy him, subsume him? Oh, you're no fun."
    Columbus/Blackbeard/Jing Ke/Opportunistic Servants: "Hello, I have an opportunity for you. I will assist you with a battle if I can hug you. Why?
    I was told that it would help me earn my penance. (Pathetic fools.)"

Creator Notes: Don't forget to click it!
    Last edited by jishara; April 2nd, 2022 at 09:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    Delilah: Cool idea for a Foreigner. Her subsuming her patron god kinda' reminds me of Kiara's relationship to Zepar in canon. Despite her manipulative nature she's not necessarily an evil person but more an opportunist who made use of whatever she had. I could imagine her fleshed out in a story as a young girl with little opportunities seeing the power of the Evil God as a chance to rise in the ranks (and maybe get revenge on the gods who toyed with mortals' lives). Is Anti-Hero meant to be the same Counter Hero Skill of the Saver Class? I kind of wish the active and passive effects of her NP were even slightly connected though, like maybe she uses the scissors to "snip" a seam in reality allowing Dagon to manifest himself. As it is they kind of feel like unrelated concepts lumped into the same NP.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh boy this one is difficult. Royd, you really hate us this much? ;_; but I enjoy the extra challenge of going ham with a biblical character.

Also, great job at your entries already, y'all! I'll make sure to read them and comment asap.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    Oh boy this one is difficult. Royd, you really hate us this much? ;_; but I enjoy the extra challenge of going ham with a biblical character.

Also, great job at your entries already, y'all! I'll make sure to read them and comment asap.
    I didn't think Biblical figures would be a hard prompt as it is an expansive part of Western culture, at least as much as Greco-Roman stuff. Just be glad I didn't go with my first idea for philosophers/scholars, which I did end up deciding would be overly niche/specific. Though of course if that isn't your particular forte as a Servant-crafter I could see having trouble.

Blog Entries
    Delilah: my headcanon is that she used a rope made from Samson's Hair to physically bind herself to Dagon, and later turned that binding into a halter/lead to control Dagon. Then after that as a noose to strangle and usurp Dagon, and finally as a wig to conceal that she'd become Dagon (as the Divinity had been fully drained from the strands by this point). While bald fish Waifu can indeed be beautiful, Delilah's humanoid form (even the fishy one) should still have hair (although losing the hair in her final form is also fitting).
    Soil Nourishing Wood
    Ash Enriching Earth

Blog Entries
    Royd and Wandering: Thanks so much for your comments. I'm glad you like it. No, Counter-Hero is basically a saintly nature that tarnishes heroes that attack them (as far as I can tell at least) while anti-hero is the nature of someone known for destroying heroes, basically an offensive variant. I have updated the NP. Thanks!