Page 254 of 369 FirstFirst ... 154204244249252253254255256259264304354 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,080 of 7367

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hey, if Del happens to be working on a Binder(?) Sarashina, I'm all for it. Pine's is amazing enough (and I'll probably say more about her in the voting period), but Del's too?

(Also imagine if both Sarashinas get top two, and I get beaten not just once, but twice with my own idea, in the same contest. Mm, sweet irony. )

...I know no cure for evil. DracoScribe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Okay...got the chance to sit down, read, and write. First off, added more lines! Second...replies!

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    DracoScribe's Cope and Marsh

[...]

I like them and your dialogue depicts their personality nicely. Mechanically the sheet could use some work but you did very well when recounting their lives, organizing the info and pacing each section. I personally really care about these things and seeing you do it well on your first one definitely gets me excited for your future sheets.
    (PS: There's a mistake on Bond 6. "Marsh was became")
    I know this is outta order, but just felt like doing it like this. But I digress...thanks for the crituque. I really appreciate it. As I thought, I'm still messy with the mechanical aspects and now am thinking of trying a different mindset for next time, so I'm glad that the parts you liked best were the ones that shined the most despite that. (thanks for pointing out the error, gah! that has a tendency to happen to me...)

Now for more specific spots...

I was actually going to do them but since you did it first I thought about it and decided I didn't really want to do another Combination Servant so soon after my last one. Besides, I haven't finished Crichton's Dragon Teeth yet.
    Oh. So I was the one that accidentally sniped you? ...whoops. what a coincidence. Well, I'm glad it still worked out for you, but with reading your critique for my sheet on them... Well, it could also just be my low self-confidence talking, but I feel like you would've done much better than me if you did.

The faceclaim there feels a bit off, considering they're wearing their superhero outfits, and they don't really seem to relate to their personalities aside from being rivals.
    Yeah...I can see what you mean. But...what was it? Ah yeah now I remember. It's a combination of the Bond CE, me imagining the FC as "the two duking it out", and "if I use famous rival characters then it'll be way easier to find art of the two clashing that fit what I imagine compared to looking for 'FC' art" that made me pick that. But at least the pick is better than my mental placeholder/placeholder idea of Natsu and Gray...? Since Bakugo and Midoriya are both smart and trying to be the best at the field, with Bakugo having a bad temper and high energy and Midoriya tending to overthink/overplan/mumble and be quieter than Bakugo.

Or that could just be me rationalizing my choice. Idk. -shrugs- I just felt like explaining myself I guess.

I also wish they had more unique Personal Skills. Paleontology is a very unique field compared to what we usually see and a lot of creative stuff could've come from that to replace Collector and Paleontology. The second one might feel right, but it's not as if every swordsman has a Swordsmanship. Mary Anning, our only example of a Paleontologist Servant, has very unique skills related to how she personally interacted with the field. You do have that as well with the Presence Concealment so great choice there, but these two could've been just as cool.
    Yeeaaaahh...I uh...was basically going "use whatever already existing skills that fit them" when...yeah I could've just went more unique with the skills. Honestly with your words, there's a part of me that wants to go back and edit it to do that but...I'm not sure how to describe it but it feels...I guess disingenuous? If I did do that, compared to something minor like changing the ranking. Either way, I'll definitely keep this in mind moving forward.

The NP feels obvious at first but the stampede representing their animosity and how they treated the field is very cool, great twist to make it interesting.
    I'm not sure two scientits really warrant 3 NPs, but I get why you made the mount separate (personally I would've said it's one NP to summon both the mounts but they refuse to acknowledge it and keep calling it two different names).
    Funny thing is that was completely not planned and only spawned while I was writing it in the mindset of "be as dramatic and grave as possible".
    ...that idea is absolutely perfect and exactly what I mean when I keep saying "i have trouble with coming up with nps" GAH!!! I wish I thought of that...but yeah, I ended up with two seperate mounts 'cause it never occured to me to make them the same NP, even when I outright basically went all "representation of the results of the Bone Wars".
    Not sure how to get better at thinking of better NPs other than just practice.

And while I enjoy the abilities you gave each of the rides, it's pretty weird for these animals to simply have magical abilities such as manipulating water. If you wanted to add that, I would've appreciated some kind of connection being made with the more supernatural aspects Type-Moon has connected to suepernatural creatures (like the Aztec aliens or them actually being dragons from the Age of Gods or Tiamat's regression to the Jurassic).
    ...admittedly I had considered that them being the basis of dragons or mixed up with them, especially since they're before/during(? I just realized I don't actually know the span of the Age of Gods and it's incredibly vague/inconsistent in my head) the Age of Gods, but that was actually in relation to me deciding what their rank in Magic Resistance would be and nothing to do with the NPs. Meanwhile I was basically thinking "these dinosaurs can do this stuff because of what the public views dinosaurs" for the mounts and so ended up with making no such connections...which, now that you're mentioning this stuff, is a shame yeah...

...gosh so much "hindsight is 20/20".

I really enjoy the formatting of the sections here. Starting with their individual bios and then moving onto the bickering-filled abilities only to then move on to how they met and became friends was nice.
    Thanks. Though funny thing about the formatting... I was actually basically "ripping off" the format WhiteFrenzy used in her "Bonnie and Clyde" and Hachiko-Xolotl sheets (i love the former so much, ive read it like...5-7 times from beginning to end already), using that as made adjustments to fit more to my style/what I was going for.

Your description of the increasing rivalry and how it destroyed them was nice, and their death was a good endnote. Bond 8 feels like overdoing it with the straight bios. You commented on it on your notes and I agree that you did enough during the 'story'. I understand wanting to list their accomplishments and all the animals they studied though.
    Thanks again! I felt particularly happy with coming up with that last line of their story. Though admittedly part of the reason I wanted to go all the way to how they died is because of just wanting to mention the silly stupid challenge Cope made in his last moments. As for Bond 8...yup. That's the part where I got tired...so good to know my feeling of it being "not that needed" was legit and not just my tired mind. Next time if I have that feeling about the Background again, I won't add it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Magnus View Post
    Charles & Othniel
    This... is your first sheet? Are you certain? I'm tempted to call you a liar because the quality is excellent. The banter between them is excellent and the concept as a whole is absolutely wonderful. Seriously an outstanding servant that I will keep in mind come the end of this month.
    Haha, yes, it is my first Servant sheet. XD But it's certainly not my first time writing. I've been writing for a long time, though the bulk of my writing, activity and works are fics for the past couple of years (especially the one in my sig! #shamelessselfadversiting). So that experience is probably helping me with my first Servant sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Magnus View Post
    John Fitzgerald Kennedy:
    Okay who invited sans to the contest?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vididii View Post
    I read this 3 hours ago and cannot sleep. I hate you, for you are absolutely right, and the anguish is oozing from my pores for what I had created without realizing.
    I feel dense for asking this, but...what exactly about JFK is like sans...? Is it the "Judgement for Sins" part? Is that it?

Okay. That's it for quotes. Now I can get to my thoughts on the other Servants so far!

Unas: Welp, having seen Love and Thunder, I can say that with what you presented of Unas...I say it fits well with the FC, making the whole thing much cooler. Sorry that I don't have much else to say. which is both fitting and also sad considering this Servant's backstory...

Sorghaghtani: damn it i had a binder servant idea too so i couldve been the first to have "non del binder servant" but it's mythological so i couldn't use it for this month's contest Okay more seriously. I love the Binder class that Del made, it's just speaks to me, so I am glad to see another Binder class, and one of an interesting figure from a culture I don't know too much on. I like her personality and I think her NPs really, really cool too, especially the part that it's known under different names.

Chevalier de Saint-Georges: Oh hey! Another person who's new like me! Hi! I think your sheet's pretty cool too. Though I am a sucker for musicians and swordsmasters of any kind, and so having a Servant that combines both just presses my buttons. And not only that, but his origins and that his dad didn't give up on him? That makes me like him even more. So I don't mind the "cookie cutter format" when the content is filling.

W. T. Stead: "Vision of his own death on the Titanic"...WAIT A SECOND. -double checks- Yeah! I know you! Okay I know of you because he's mentioned in a plot important scene(? I think? It's been a bit...) in 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors, so I didn't know he was the origin of the "tabloid". Man we seem to be getting lots of information based/powered Servants here. ...but then again info, both real and fake, is now a major part of everyday life so that's probably why...but I digress! Hi new person like me! I like your sheet! My favorite part's the NP. Having a line to the Throne of Heroes as an NP? I find that really cool and creative. But that might just be me.

William Topaz McGonagall: Oh my gosh this guy is a riot and the epitome of denseness I love it. And also by the third new person here. Wow. Is it just me or are there a lot of new one for this month's contest? Anyways, I think it's fine as a first. I will say as an amateur and hobbyist artist though that, assuming you drew the "FC" yourself, that shading will really help make it look better. And adding wrinkles to the clothes so that it all doesn't look flat. Not that I blame you for not doing wrinkles. man they can be a nightmare...

Empress Wei of Tang: Aaawwww...I wish the Lore was longer. I wanted to know more! Other than that, it's a simple sheet yet again that just feels too simple for my tastes. Not enough meat to it for me.

The Mary Celeste: excuse me while i go cry over a certain ship from one piece... you know the one... Because daaaaaang I feel so bad for Mary Celeste. I wanna give her a hug even though she probably won't like it too much... I know it's my bias for that ship from One Piece, but I'm also a sucker for non-human Servants in general, so this is definitely gonna be a a contender for my 3-point vote.

Sugawara no Takasue no Musume: i love this sheet. i just...aaaaggghhhh I LOVE IT. I probably should say why instead of muttering incomprehensible grumbling...okay okay. Yeah it has basically the Servant sheet version of "really long prologue" but damn is that prologue captivating and my shit and then the closer and closer we get to the sheet, we get to the part where instead of falling into despair from not having lived her life how she wished she did, she saw something wonderful and wanted to spread it and just aaaagggghhhh i love it it feels so fluffy for me. And I live for that. But the story doesn't end there! No! No! It continues as it describes the skils and NP and so on and only when we do reach the NP does it end...as this Gatekeeper wants it to. Agh. I love it. The other contender for my 3 point vote. My only "complaint" is the lack of Relationships section, but that would ruin the flow of the story so I'm totally fine with it. also now i wanna try out reading the sarashina diary

Cacareco: excuse me as i try not to think of politics because i am gonna get very cynical about who's the president in my country soooo hey! Another non-human Servant! And a rhino too! Who was involved in politics because it sucked in the country she was voted for in. Damn. It's so stupid it happened but that just proves the point those people were making. I like she's trying her best even if she's not the most suited for it. Yeah not exactly the best idea for government buuut...well yeah. Also it's adorable she thinks that the Holy Grail War's an election. XD

Aaand done. -thud- hopefully i worded everything i wanted to say correctly because the words are kinda looking blended together

okay now back to working on other stuff.

including probably a second entry because i am insane
    Author of:
    Persona 5: Refraction (SV link; FF.net link)
    "You didn't have to fight for me, you know." "And you didn't have to curl your hair so we'll look even more alike." Ren stared before he softly chuckled, Akira joining him not long after. With one simple decision as a child, Ren Amamiya goes to Tokyo alongside his little sister, Akira. (P5R Sibling AU) (Ren/Ann, Akechi/Fem!Akira)
    Chapter 55 on: April 24, 2024 (GMT +8:00)
    Velvet Throne
    My list of my Servants! Still small for now.

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    His faceclaim resembles sans in the “skull showing through” aspect and baron Magnus already used human sans as a faceclaim once.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Pine: *sigh*
    My entry will be so awkward
    Oh nooooo

Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    (Also imagine if both Sarashinas get top two, and I get beaten not just once, but twice with my own idea, in the same contest. Mm, sweet irony. )
    Just write one too. Fill the top with the same character lol

Blog Entries

Aristocles "Plato" of Athens
    The Love Guru, Dadonis

Class: Lover
    Alternate Classes: Caster, Ruler, Berserker

❤️Introduction❤️
    Introduction

It was once said that the European philosophical tradition can be reduced to a series of footnotes to Plato. He is considered the first Western political philosopher, invented the theory of Platonic forms to answer the question of the One and the Many, founded the Academy in Athens as the first institution of higher learning in the Western world...

Nonetheless, even the greats must sometimes unstress, it seems. Summoned as a Lover, it seems a particular facet of philosophy named after him has come to the forefront, and he now carries the banner of Platonic Love on his broad shoulders[1].

❤️Parameters❤️
    Parameters
    Strength Endurance Agility Mana Luck Noble Phantasm
    B B C A+ C C

Height/Weight: 191cm / 110kg of pure Greek muscle
    Source: 428 - 348 BC
    Region: Athens, Greece
    Alignment: True Neutral

❤️Love❤️
    Look at my pecs, Master. Beautiful, aren't they? But physical beauty is ephemeral. Only moral beauty, the beauty of the soul and of thought, never fades away. Of course I encourage you to sculpt yourself into a fine physical specimen like me, but I urge you: do not forget to take hold of the dumbbells of your mind also.

By which I mean maybe read a book.

What is "Platonic love"? The modern definition is simply a love that is not sexual in nature. There is affection, a special bond, emotional intimacy, companionship, "all the glories that love brings" - but no sexual component, no lust; sex is neither desired nor done. However, that is not the type of love that Plato would rate the highest, and therefore it is necessary to distinguish between "Platonic love" and "love as defined and praised by Plato".

Love, claims Plato using the character of Diotima in his Symposium, takes no less than six shapes, all ranked neatly on the Ladder of Love. The highest of all loves is the love of beauty itself, by which Plato does not mean either physical beauty, not a beautiful soul, and not even for what beautiful souls create. The true Lover appreciates beauty wherever he may chance upon it, becoming able to see the true Form of Beauty of which all other expressions of beauty are mere reflections. This stage is also referred to as the divine Eros - divine love.

Ascending the Ladder of Love, therefore, is the process of forging oneself through love to become a better person, much in the same way that one can reforge themselves through bodily fitness. And is not the saying "mens sana in corpore sano"?[2]

❤️Class Skills❤️
    Class Skills
    Object of Desire C
    The first Class Skill of Lover: the ability to make oneself loved. Its rank shows the extent to which Lover can inspire feelings of love and obsession in others, and its function is to passively and permanently cast a charm on the observers.

Due to Plato's highly specific concept of love, the charm is cast with its object of fascination being "Plato's ideas" or even "Plato's mind", rather than a physical attraction. In this sense he is a very desirable man indeed. In fact, reading Plato's books will push you at least one rung up the Ladder of Love - or money back, guaranteed.

Devotion C
    The second Class Skill of Lover: the ability to love another. Its rank shows the strength of the Servant's feelings towards those they love. The stronger their feelings, the greater their boost in attributes when in the pursuit of love.

Plato was (probably[3]) never married, and so we look to his "intellectual love", which seemed to have been mostly directed at Socrates, his teacher in the ways of philosophy. Whenever Plato wished to show his own position on a matter, he used the character of Socrates as a mouthpiece, so much so that it has become an actual academic problem to try and differentiate between Socrates as he was and Socrates as Plato thought him to be, years after his death.

❤️Personal Skills❤️
    Of course it is necessary that we attend, Master. What manner of philosopher would I be if I did not make full use of the opportunity which my second life has offered me? I must meet the public dignitaries of your time and engage in spirited debate. This Hulk Hogan character seems like a vivacious sage, no?
    Personal Skills

Wrestling A+
    More specifically, pankration. [4] Plato was not merely a wrestler, he was an excellent wrestler: he participated in the Isthmian Games and did so well that he became famous for it. In his work The Laws, Plato even frames a philosophical debate as a wrestling match, where you must understand your opponent before you can defeat him and deal him a (purely rhetorical) piledriver.

Provides a sizeable to all manner of combat, ranging from fighting other Servants as well as Magical Beasts. However, it seems that a certain modern flair has been mixed into his wrestling style, and Lover has felt a need to ruminate on that most difficult of topics: what should the name of his finishing move be?

Theory of Forms EX
    One of Plato's famous doctrines as a philosopher. Others include his theory of souls & the process of rebirth, the concept of philosopher-kings, his political philosophy...

To summarize, the theory of Forms claims are two 'worlds': one of concrete objects grasped by the senses, the other being a world of pure objects grasped only by pure reason, which is called the world of the Forms. It is only the Forms that are truly real, and hence Plato introduced the famous allegory of the cave[5]. 'Redness' is not a quality of an object, but rather an abstract Form in which the object we see participates.

As a skill, it allows Plato to manipulate to some degree the way in which forms are expressed. To simplify the theory greatly, he can reduce the weight of an object by making the object express the Form of Heaviness less, and he can increase the weight of an object by making the object express the Form of Heaviness more. The difficulty of adjust properties depends on the severity of the alteration and how many Plato is attempting at the same time.

Philosopher Creation A++
    The ability to teach, guide and inspire generations of philosophers. Plato took the beginnings of a 'school' that Socrates had begun and established it as a true Academy, founded near a sacred grove of Athena, goddess of wisdom (and warcraft). The school was not in a form we might recognize as a school today: there was no entrance fee, although the main participants were the upper-class men who had the time to participate (and even two women). There was probably not even a clear distinction between teachers and students or a formal curriculum. Notable graduates of the Academy include Aristoteles and Heraclides.

This Skill, therefore, represents the ability, the techniques and the mindset that allows one to make someone into a true philosopher. By using a mix of the Socratic method, philosophical debate and the principles that have guided Plato [6], it is possible to make even a machine without the slightest hint of awareness begin to search answers to the innumerable questions of life. In combat its usefulness is unfortunately limited.

❤️Noble Phantasm❤️
    Noble Phantasm

Let Us Climb the Ladder of Love
    Eros Diotimas

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1

Plato's Noble Phantasm as Lover: the previously metaphorical Ladder of Love, which has now been incarnated into a literal physical ladder [7] with six rungs. To set the Eros Diotimas in motion, Lover must simply climb the ladder. The depth of the climber's love for the target determines how high they may climb, and although there is a physical component to the climb there is a much heavier spiritual cost that comes with each additional rung.

The activation finishes when Lover has decided he has climbed the highest that he can and jumps off to divebomb his target with love (and a massive People's Elbow, as popularized by The Rock). Depending on the rungs climbed, additional cumulative effects are activated, such as charm effects on all those who view the dive or significantly lowering the mana cost.

As a matter of fact, it is not only Plato who may climb the ladder: any challengers, or even Masters, may even attempt to climb it as well. In addition, they can activate the same effects as Plato, though he can make optimal use of it.

Whether they survive the jump down is, of course, a separate question.

❤️Relationships❤️
    Relationships
    Pollux
    Lady Pollux, how excellent to see you. Once again I wish to express my gratefulness at allowing the Academy to be founded in the honour of you and your brother. I really cannot -

Hmm? Boxing? My. Well, now that you mention it, I do think that there is a storyline that requires a certain female presence, and certainly I do owe you a favour...
    Heracles
    Listen here, Berserk Herk! Your time as the Chaldea Championship Wrestling Federation Champion's over, yeah, because I'm here now, and I'll take your belt at Wrestlemania 4! You hear me, brother, and you best not run, because I'm about to sit you down and take your ass to school!
    Jacob "Israel", son of Isaac
    Israel, they call you! Well, my opinion on the matter is, only scumbags lie to their fathers, you hear me? You may have wrestled with your own brother, you may have wrestled with God, and you may even have wrestled with the devil, but let me tell you, yeah! You haven't met the likes of me just yet, but on Monday Night Raw I'll teach you a little something: not to never mess with me ever again!

❤️Footnotes❤️
    Footnotes
    [1] Platon, from Ancient Greek πλατύς, meaning broad, is probably a nickname, and may possibly even be a ring name, much like how Scott Hall was also known as Razor Ramon or how Ultimate "Ultimate Warrior" Warrior's ring name is Ultimate Warrior. Theories are that the name may refer to the width of his chest and shoulders, to the breadth of his eloquence, or maybe just to the size of his forehead. Possibly it is answer D: all of the above.

[2] "A healthy spirit in a healthy body". The initial saying comes from Juvenalis, a Roman satirist. A similar saying is attributed to Thales, a pre-Socratic philosopher:
    τίς εὐδαίμων, "ὁ τὸ μὲν σῶμα ὑγιής, τὴν δὲ ψυχὴν εὔπορος, τὴν δὲ φύσιν εὐπαίδευτος"
    Who is happy? "He who has a healthy body, a resourceful mind, and a docile nature."

[3] The evidence, such as it is, is simply that he writes a lot about his family's impressive background. He writes with pride about his father, his stepfather (who was also Plato's mother's uncle), his brothers, sister and stepbrothers. However, a wife is never mentioned. There are some indications that he might have had a mistress at one point, but no definite proof. Incarnated as Lover he is in any case quite bisexual.

[4] Pankration (παγκράτιον, from πᾶν (pan) 'all' and κράτος (kratos) 'power', lit. 'allmight'), also called panmachion or pammachon. Said to be invented either by Herakles or Theseus, it combined boxing with wrestling into what might be called an ancient version of MMA, as it included boxing punches, kicks, and grappling techniques like arm locks, armbars and rear naked chokes.

[5] Just in case: imagine a group of people who have always lived in a cave. They watch shadows pass along the walls as objects pass past a fire lit behind them. These shadows are the prisoner's reality, but they are not 'real'. It is only the philosopher who can understand that they are not real, and may have the chance to go 'outside' - to find the truth, to see the true nature of objects as they are, not mere reflections.

Less well-known is that the allegory extends further. Should a man be freed and enter the outside world, he would look upon the stars, the sun and the moon, and feel the urge to bring his fellow prisoners out of the cave, but would enter it blind once more. The prisoners would therefore consider leaving extremely harmful, and even react with violence should anyone attempt to bring them outside - such perhaps happened to Plato's teacher Socrates, who was brought to trial for his philosophy and was given the death sentence.

[6] In fact, Plato has 'unwritten doctrines' - theories ascribed to him that were only ever shared orally, not written down, because they were considered unfit for wide publication. Because of this they have been considered 'esoteric', which literally means 'inside the walls' and does not necessarily mean a secret doctrine. In the twentieth century, there have been attempts by scholars to attempt to reconstruct these theories, though they remain controversial. Explaining the principles themselves would unfortunately be too much of a digression and is therefore left as an exercise for the reader.

[7] technically a stepladder, really, but who's keeping track, eh?

Creator Notes:
    Yeah honestly I dunno either, sometimes inspiration just strikes. I realize it's an odd mix, but I gotta stand out somehow, right?
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

Blog Entries
    Lover: Fucking glorious. I wanna see him fight Morg's St. Valentine. It has the right amount of meme and your trademark educational style. You definetely stand out

I also caught up with all the entries. I already left short reviews on those that I like the most. Here are some more

Reploids's Sea Bear: you have no fucking right to be this cool. His NP is conceptually too strong as you describe it, especially for someone so recent. I will die on that hill that recent servants have to be weak except they really have become legends. Outside of that, man, i just like him. The effort of writing his quotes in his slang. That gotta be HARD. You stand true to your attempt of avoiding Rider and you succeeded. Making him a Lancer is a great take.

Corvus' Saber: as someone who likes well done musical servants, you have my respect. You mixed these two aspects really well. Good job.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Lover Plato: The ultimate answer to the Wrestler class is to write a Lover instead. Incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by DracoScribe
    but I feel like you would've done much better than me if you did.
    Eh, I've had a paleonthological dud before. Who knows.

Honestly with your words, there's a part of me that wants to go back and edit it to do that but...I'm not sure how to describe it but it feels...I guess disingenuous?
    I get it. Not sure how others feel but I also can't bring myself to make big changes to contest entries.

especially since they're before/during(? I just realized I don't actually know the span of the Age of Gods and it's incredibly vague/inconsistent in my head) the Age of Gods
    As far as I understand it, the First Age of Gods started as the planet was created and deities started terraforming it and lasted until Sefar arrived, so Dinosaurs existed for most of it. They specifically mention that Tiamat attaining a dvine status closer to her true form is her regressing to the Jurassic, so there's a direct connection there between them (and maybe also between dragons/dinos since Tiamat is a dragon?? We might learn more in LB7).
    Last edited by pinetree; October 9th, 2022 at 11:31 AM.

失敗作の神 God of Failed Work Spelror's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Bro your sheet kinda reminds me of Billy Herrington

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spelror View Post
    Bro your sheet kinda reminds me of Billy Herrington
    I'm honoured. Plato's really more of an Oyaji than an Aniki, though.
    The Adventure of the Velvet Room (Sherlock Holmes/Persona) (SB, FFN, AO3)

Blog with all of my Servants so far.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Randoms's Berserker Heinrich Schliemann: I love the choice of abilities and how synergistic his skills are with his very creative Noble Phantasm. A very well executed translation of his history into abilities.
    I also gotta mention your formatting, again. It's probably the cleanest look in all of CaS, gets me every time.

sutaa's Hearst: Another great work. I've come to expect quality from you sheets and he didn't disappoint. The way you modernized him is fun and the abilities are interesting. Quite an easy read too.
    Though what shines the most is his personality. As usual, you manage to inject character into every aspect of the sheet, be it by his own comments, real life quotes or image choices.

Morg's Berserker Unas: Very impactful sheet despite its length and lack of detail. "Such unbridled ambition from such a forgotten man" is right, and you managed to convey this feeling throughout the writing too, specially in your choice of how to format the skill descriptions.
    It's such a good translation of feeling to text that it's possible might get a vote of mine on that alone.

Nuclear's Sorghaghtani: Dripping with style and personality, partly due to the wonderful faceclaim choice, sure, but mostly from your writing. The Relationships in particular really helped define her personality, which I like to see in a section that (particularly in the contest) is mostly used for fun or for sharing interactions with everyone else.
    I'll agree with Del in regards to the lack of sewing immagery though. The similarity between a pole and a needle is already there, you just needed to change your vocab a bit. Even saying other's magics are sown to the foundations so that she can [i]weave[i] their spells would've solved that. I also think you're missing more abilities related to her nature as a Binder aside from the class skills. Ceremonial Reformation for example could've served that role if the description was more robust and leaned more on that angle.
    Anyway, your effort to follow historical fidelity even in the way she talks is impressive, as always.

Baron Magnus's Avenger Mary Celeste: Not a ship girl so I'm not reading. Though I guess edgy boy is more in line with this contest, so maybe it's acceptable.
    Jokes aside, I found it very hard to relate to his rage and suffering because he's... a boat. Not even a personal vessel at that. I think you should've focused a lot more on the family's feelings for it before their mysterious demise so that we could actually relate to the loss. He also talks a lot about betrayal but your description of what happened is completely impersonal, with naught a mention of how the boat felt when he finally got a new captain after so long or somthing of that nature.

Nails's Lancer Cacareco: She's very funny but
    Brazilian politics needed to be improved
    back in the late 1950s

Blog Entries
    Yeah, just went and automatically added a statement that the line was not in any way meant to make light of the 60s military takeover, and that 'politics needed to be improved' doesn't mean they were (in fact, her line about 'what Brazilian politician wouldn't love Carnival?' was meant as a stealth-dig at Bolsonaro)

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It might be partly my fault that you're paranoid now but I didn't mean to imply anything about the takeover, it was just a joke about how we're still fucked almost 70 years later lol

Blog Entries
    About Sarashina, I kinda wish I'd known about her when I was writing up my Catherine Morland sheet. The figure of Sarashina to me seems to have weirdly a lot in common with Morland despite predating her (predating Don Quixote too) by centuries, and obviously was a real person

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Hey vididii, do you have a second entry in you or is JFK it.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NailsInYourFeet View Post
    About Sarashina, I kinda wish I'd known about her when I was writing up my Catherine Morland sheet. The figure of Sarashina to me seems to have weirdly a lot in common with Morland despite predating her (predating Don Quixote too) by centuries, and obviously was a real person
    They really are similar, though I think there's an element of self-deprecation that Sarashina doesn't really have even when she becomes disillusioned with fiction, and it's part of why Moreland fit with Tsumugi so much.

Blog Entries

“The minds of men could birthed many great things. Those are the works whom you called a genius.”

< - - < - - <<< - - <<<<< (======) >>>>> - - >>> - - > - - >

< -- < -- <<< -- <<<<< (=====) >>>>> -- >>> -- > -- >

< --< --<<< --<<<<< (=====) >>>>>-- >>>-- >-- >

--< --<<< --<<<< (====) >>>>-- >>>-- >--

The past, the present, and the future exists concurrently

[ENTER CODE:_______][ENTER CODE:*******]Advanced Artificial Cognitive Capability
    <==<<===<<===<<<{{{ ACCESS GRANTED }}}>>>===>>===>>==>
    <<===<<< L A N C E R >>>===>>
    of the Future Vision

"Servant, Lancer, have come to answered your call. Can I ask you something? Have you ever thought a place where everyone just live their life peacefully, Master?"

Class: Lancer
    Alternate Classes: Foreigner
    True Name: Ismail al-Jazari
    Aliases: Father of Robotics
    Origin: History, Middle East (12th Century)
    Height/Weight: 167cm / 55kg
    Attribute: Man

===== <<<>>> ===== <<<>>> ===== <<<>>> ===== <<<>>> =====

Dislikes: -
    Natural Enemy: -
    Armament: Spear (Current Era)
    Catalyst: "The Book of Knowledge of Ingenious Mechanical Devices"

DATABASE 1: SPECIFICATIONPARAMETER
    STR : C
    AGI : A+
    END : C
    MGI : B
    LCK : D
    NP :BEX

DATABASE 2: BIOGRAPHYOVERVIEW AND EARLY LIFE
    Lancer's true name is Ismail al-Jazari. With complete name of Abū al-'Iz Ibn Ismā'īl ibn al-Razāz al-Jazarī. He was a brilliant polymath; a scholar, inventor, mechanical engineer, artisan, artist, and mathematician. He was born on the year 1136 somewhere on Upper Mesopotamia. He was the eighth generation of artisan lineage from early Islamic Golden Age. al-Jazari was thought to be an Arab Muslim.

THE BRILLIANT MIND
    His mathematical skill was soon proved to be undeniably excellent, he was able to master four language in his early teen, and also memorized the Qur'an when he was only ten years old. Soon after his Father sent him to study with other brilliant minds on the Baghdad House of Wisdom (Bayt al-Ḥikmah) and was among the most active student of the library. He even befriended many scholars, most of which more than a decade his senior, but he was able to articulate himself to similar level with his tutors.

The Sultan was so impressed with his prowess that he granted al-Jazari his own workshop, an atelier or some sort, to which the young artisan delightfully accepted the Sultan's generosity. From now on, his experimentations is now complete with facility of which he'll work forward. The Sultan immediately asked him to create many irrigation devices, of which he finished with precise hydropower that the water able to flow through numerous vital places such as farmlands, hospitals, and mosques.

THE LINE BETWEEN INSANITY AND GENIUS IS BLURRED
    With funds from the Sultan seemingly infinite, he was able to create many other devices and ideas. Though, in his craftmanship, it's revealed that he wasn't a groundbreaking inventor, he was more of a genius engineer. He could create many sophisticated machinery from preexisting thought. Many of his ideas derived from the Banu Musa Brothers, and even Archimedes, he also studied the Romans for their water and pavement system.

The older he gets, the better he is at making many more devices. He compiled all of his ideas into a book, titled Kitab fi Ma'rifat al-Hiyal al-Handasiya, lit: 'Book in Knowledge of Engineering Tricks'. In which he talks in great detail of his crafts, some of which are:

Hydropowered Chain-Pumps

Peacock Fountain

Hand-Washing Automaton

Table Device Automaton

Castle Clock Automaton

And then, his Magnum Opus: The Elephant Clock

There are many other of his creations that he wrote in great detail in his book. Some of his creations are so futuristic and beyond the average man, and some of his machinery wasn't being used for a full 800 years later. Such was the visionary and practical ideals of al-Jazari.

DEATH
    Little is known about his death, but most scholars agreed he died somewhere in the year 1206, at the age of 70. It was evident simply because of the lack of any other sophisticated machinery building program from 1210 and beyond. The Islamic Golden Age also reached its twilight, the Baghdad House of Wisdom was also progressively declined, both in book catalogues and the people that work there.
    Thus was the story of the brilliant engineer al-Jazari. A figure with vision, and found himself in the later stage of the Islamic Golden Age.

DATABASE 3: CAPABILITYCLASS SKILLS
    CLASS SKILLS
    Magic Resistance --- (A)
    "Magic? Is that thing even exist?"
    Lancer is one of the most brilliant polymathtechnologically advanced AI in the world. She's familiar with scientific methodhigh-level programming and she already run numerous experiment of the concept and ended up with nothing that could prove the existence of magic. Thus, in the end she concluded for such a thing to be something completely irrational, and in turn, made her immune to such concept.

Protection Protocol --- (A)
    "Detecting power source, completing augmentation... Ready to respond."
    This skill allows Lancer to be able to fight in a combat. Because essentially, Lancer is a non-combatant, she's a scientist. But, being the Father of Robotics herselfmost brilliant artificial intelligence allows her to stand toe to toe with other servants simply by setting herself into able to fight, or, as the name suggest, "protect herself" from detectable harm.

PERSONAL SKILLS
    PERSONAL SKILLS

Mechanized Armor --- (A)
    "So... Android AI is the highest advancement in robotic concept it seems."
    Lancer's Strength and Endurance being improved by one rank and two modifiers upon activation. Technological advancement is undoubtedly Lancer's peak of mastery, as thus, this skill is the embodiment of her ideals and her most known trait.

Appreciation of Mechanism --- (C)
    "Such sophisticated ability... You could simplified the method if you desire higher performance."
    Lancer is known in her life as one of the most advanced mind in engineering. She built numerous self-organized machine that the engineering technique is still able to be replicate to this day. If a modern engineer tried to imitate her creation with high precision, the machine would work seamlessly. This widely known legend thus solidifies into a skill for her to be able to discern the identity of both her allies and enemies simply by perceiving the ways of which their technique works.

Mana Burst (Specification) --- (B)
    "The chip in my brain is about 10 petabyte. That's four times stronger than the human brain."
    A rare type of mana burst that's focused on the internal side of the Servant. This skill allows Lancer to temporarily possess the skill of Battle Continuation, Eternal Arms Mastery, Mind's Eye (True), and Valor. This skill essentially enhanced Lancer's internal storage and increased her overall capabilities.

Automata --- (AEX)
    "Automata... So that's what they call my creations now. Yes, I'm impressed of this humanoid automata."
    The very embodiment of Lancer. This skill works in similar vein to shapeshifting. But, it only allows Lancer to change her form to embodies the technological state of the era she was summoned in. The form she took is in accordance with what was the most advanced technological concept of the era. Lancer is summoned in the early 21st century, as such he embodies the ideals of the era, that is a humanoid android, programmed as an AI, and has the brain, the chip of a supercomputer.

Pioneer of the Stars --- (EX)
    "My creations are the work of a genius?... I thank you for the kind words."
    Many of Lancer's creation follows the modern machinery standard. With every mechanical part resembling modern usage, such as chankshaft, cams, segmental gears, twin-cylinder pumps, reciprocating machine, internal combustion, and even a humanoid automata. These mechanical parts were mastered by Lancer eight hundred years before its popular usage. Thus, as someone whose possessing a mind eight hundred years advanced in the future, she's now the Pioneer of the Stars.

DATABASE 4: FULL POTENTIALSKILL: PROTECTION PROTOCOL --- ACTIVATED

Skill: Protection Protocol --- Activated
    Defense Device --- (A)
    Type: Anti-Army

"Threat detected. Launching Javelin into immediate locked range. Fire!"

A Noble Phantasm that could only be unleashed after the activation of Protection Protocol skill. This Noble Phantasm allows Lancer to unleash massive amount of power from her spear, capable of widespread destruction. The mechanism of which the weapon system works is by launching a barrage of fire that vertically launched to the sky and then after some 5 kilometers in the sky, it immediately dive down towards the intended target. This Noble Phantasm is so powerful that it could devastate an entire land.

This Noble Phantasm is the culmination of both her Protection Protocol and Automata skills in which the former allows Lancer to unleash a combat-type ultimate power and the latter allows Lancer to imitate the most sophisticated weapon system of the era which she was summoned in.

The explosion ensued yield around 1,5 megatonnes of TNT. It was as strong as a thermonuclear atomic bombs. Thus explain how the destruction is reminiscent of a mushroom cloud produced by a nuclear weapon. A Weapon of Mass Destruction, an untold horror under the grasp of Lancer. And she was able to master such world-ending devastator.

"THE AXIS OF REALITY IS BEING LAID BARE""THE AXIS OF REALITY IS BEING LAID BARE"
    Vision of Spatial Scanning --- (EX)
    Type: Conceptual
    "Vision! Ultra Enhancement!"

Alternatively named "Mystic Eyes of Spatial Scanning". Lancer could see light spectrum both below 380nm and above 750nm. It has the resolution of 4096 megapixels, almost eight times stronger than the human eyes. Upon activation, Lancer could perceive everything within the matrix, it allows her to notice everything and everywhere in immediate vicinity. From deep below the earth crusts to the very end of the universe, everything is within her vision. She could see with clear eyes internal vessel of the human body and even the cellular structure of a tree, because everything in her eyes is simply a grid, that could be zoomed in and zoomed out infinitely. She could change how her vision perceived and focused as she pleases.

A mystic eyes normally classified as a Personal Skill a Servant had. But the sheer capabilities of this Mystic Code thus accelerate its degree from simply a skill into a Noble Phantasm.

To put into perspective how this Noble Phantasm works, Imagine it like this; We humans are three-dimensional beings, as thus, we could perceive everything within a two dimensional plane, we could see all the two dimensions. A two dimensional being could only see something within a horizontal plane which they were placed upon, we, a three-dimensional being, could see everything the being ever do. We could took them out of their flat plane, and put them back upside down, distorting their entire being. Their fellow two-dimensional beings couldn't recognize them that they're now upside down.

Now, imagine such concept into this Mystic Eyes. Lancer's eyes could be turned into something a being of higher dimension could see, it turned her vision into something akin to a four-dimensional being, a being that could see all the three dimensions. She could detect all illusions, camouflage, doppelgangers, clones, spatial rift, simulations, and all other things that isn't detected in the physical world, simply able to delve into every spatial bodies.

"I could see everything."

DATABASE 5: INSTALLATIONMACHINE LEARNING AND ALGORITHMSPersonality and Background

”Eight Hundred Years on the Future."
    Stoic, silent, and solace, perhaps that's how to describe Lancer's outwardly look. She is the embodiment of the zenith and wonders of technology of the time, and as such, she only follows a string of command given to her by her Master. Her personality merges the idea of her being an engineer and her creation being utility, it's her utmost priority to serve her master diligently just like a machine that follows certain algorithm.

In her view, she has a grand mission to do something after being summoned in the War, but she just can't quite grasp what the thing really is. She's so stoic that it's almost as if she's emotionless, she never laughed nor cry nor angry nor sad, just constant nothingness. Even it's impossible to deduct if her expression is that of boredom, because she has no expressional outburst to explain her emotion.

"My name is al-Jazari, I am the embodiment of the technological zenith of this era. I ask of you, what is that you so deeply wished, that you thought it's worth it to enter this War?"

Lancer believe that her summoning in the War must mean something grand, a mission to serve, a goal to accomplish. But what is it? Is it a glimpse of her past life as a Muslim that told her to continuously spread the message of the faith? Is it her innate programming that was tuned into learning algorithms? Or is it something else? She might never know.

Even if she don't know what was her whole ordeal, doesn't mean she's clueless nor apathetic of the world around her. If there's anything that constitutes "positive" in her eyes then it would be technological progress, recent advancement, scientific breakthrough, collaboration of like-minded people, etc. And if there's something that constitutes "negative" in her eyes then it would be any threats to technological progress, be it natural disaster, systemic errors, human intervention, etc.

Simply because Lancer's origin is "progression" in which she'll be on the spearpoint of any scientific breakthroughs. Lancer would be on the pinnacle of change and sophistication, these refinement and improvement of qualities would be Lancer's utmost suited ideals and way of conduct. She'll disregard all that she thought as hindrance to progress and protect everything that accelerate innovations.

She has no fear towards anyone and anything, the emotion is simply foreign for the Android's algorithms, she'll comment everyone about anything, she'll state her disagreement should she perceives something that doesn't go in line with her belief. She won't back down whether the person in question was a man of the high throne, or a weeping beggar down the street, she'll talk to them as an equal, in fact, in her eyes, all people are equal. For example, she simply perceives some social customs like culture of politeness is unnecessary, because it hinders flow of clear information, in turn also slowed general progress of things.

”Progress and Prowess”
    Lancer's Saint Graph is that of a young girl with red eyes and white hair, along with gothic attire, she also wields a black spear. This appearance of Lancer is in accordance with the perception of the people of the era. Lancer being summoned in the early 21st century had her whole appearance to be that of an android.

There exist clear distinction between Heroic Spirit al-Jazari and the Servant al-Jazari. The Heroic Spirit al-Jazari that resides in the Throne of Heroes is the true al-Jazari, that him being a male, Arabian, and ten centimeters taller. Whilst the Servant al-Jazari is a female, raceless android, and physically more feminine.

The Servant form of al-Jazari is outlandishly overpowered simply because she's an android that represents the Zenith of technology of the early 21st century. Her brain is a supercomputer chip with overall memories of 10 petabyte, her eyes has the resolution of 4096 megapixels. Her Noble Phantasm also allows her to unleash a great devastation with the power beyond 1 megaton TNT, as strong as a thermonuclear bomb, and her second Noble Phantasm allows her to see through the matrix of everything, the grid of the universe.

"Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer, do! Huh? What is it, Master? I just sang a song? Yes, I love singing."

Yosano Akiko
    "Your poems are all beautiful. It holds the air of traditionality of the people, as well as the breath of fresh air with its modern lenses as its way of perspective."

Johannes Kepler
    "Observer of the celestial bodies. I applaud your own struggle for the advancement of humanity."

Toriyama Sekien
    "The people have every right to call your creation 'improper' simply because there exist no such monstrous creatures. It was all on your imagination."

Cope and Marsh
    "These creatures of wonder lives more than fifty million years ago, and both of you are able to reanimate them. I thank both of you for this grand picture to behold."

JFK
    "Mind explaining why you and your men cut the budget required for aerospacial technological progress?"

Heinrich Schliemann
    "Unveils the past, reveal their secret, and fill in the gaps of our knowledge... You sure are the worst man for the best job."

Yoshitsugu Otani
    "A nation ravaged by civil war has no foundation for progress. Furthermore, those who won isolated themselves from globalization. Beside your illness, I pity your fellow countrymen as well."

C. Caldwell
    "Is it required of me to gave you answer as many as the power of ten for you to actually understand that there exist no such thing as magic and mysticism. What you're doing is basically wasted away precious life, have you reflected on that?"

Comte de Saint-Germaine
    "I always thought that the existence of Magic and Magical power should be something nonexistent. Thus, you shouldn't exist."

Jenny Lind
    "I found no ill-will of you, old ghost. You seems to be stuck in time. Well, then, I won't grave you with ill-will as well."

William R. Hearst
    "Your conduct of information is best described as abusive, you only furthers unnecessary divide among men. I have detected misinformations in your creation. You must cease it at once."

Nostradamus
    "You're the Overseer of the world, thus I kindly ask you, please tell me how advanced humanity would be?"

Felix von Luckner
    "The matrix of the whole universe is within my eyes, I can see you, Lancer."

Unas
    "Back off! O master of the afterlife."

Sorghaghtani
    "Descent from your high throne, I asked you. It's not that you're unworthy of the throne, but a woman as skillful as you are simply a wasteful conduct if you stayed that up high and detached from everyone else."

Chevalier de Saint-Georges
    "A man of high culture. With high affinity towards style and excellence... If only you use those exceptional traits of yours as a scientist and not an aristocrat, you won't need to upheld those unnecessary hierarchy."

W. T. Stead
    "You hone the flow of information. I have observed there exist no other servants here that has similar capabilities to perform such other than you. Humanity needs more men just like you, someone whose able to acquire and spread information as fast as possible."

William Topaz McGonagall
    "... I can't quite discern what you mean."

Empress Wei of Tang
    "Manipulative impulses can not brought forth any progress. You are the very reason humanity lag behind."

Mary Celeste
    "Searching for hatred... File doesn't exist. Use another keywords. Diagnose: Non-empirical concept is not on the algorithms."

Sugawara no Takasue no Musume
    "Your timeless book is extraordinary. I have read it all, and I found the information given is fascinating."

Plato
    "Searching for love... File doesn't exist. Use another keywords. Diagnose: Non-empirical concept is not on the algorithms."

DATABASE REDACTED: ENTRY FORBIDDEN
    [ENTER PASSWORD:_______][ENTER PASSWORD:*******]<<<{{{ ACCESS DENIED }}}>>><̵̻̽̾͆̒<̵̠̥̠̝̬̘͖̯̳̃͜<̷̳̟͋̊̓͑̉̉{̴̥̰̅{̶̡̛̠̮̮̳̞̙̯͎̣̩̜̇͑̏͆̉͂͋̿͝͠͠{̴̼͈͍̜̐̎̈̒̒̚͠͝ ̵̼̓̈́̃͊͑̓̆̎̚͘͜ ̸͙̠̞̰̙͉̖̘̬͒̀̓̈́͝͝͠ ̷̯̪͈̯̼̳̞̣̟̈́A̸̛̺͓͔̗̬̰͆̀̇̑͝C̸̘̻͓͗̃͌̂͑̓̏̎̌̀̔̓C̶̞̩̖͉̰͐Ě̸͔̒̂̐̉̀̈́̄̏̉͠S̷̱͖̳̱̠̱̭̎̔̈́̔͒̈́͆̉̚͝S̵̩͖̺̦͔̣͕̗̮̙̀͑̔͒̈́́͛͝ ̴̧̛̞̼͚̼͇̳̝̀̐͝D̴̹̩͎̖̞͎͙͈͎̺͔̘̍͋̓̈́̊̀̅̅̕͝͝͝E̷͙̥̰͕͎͗̿̎͌́͘͝N̵̨̲͓̩͂͆͊̽͝I̷͉̱̍͆͛͒̇̎͐͘͝E̷̹̦͈̞̫̤̞̻̺̮̙̓̄̏̀̅̈́͑̊͝D̵͓̻͍̪͖͎͈̅͗̀̈́̍̋̾̕ ̴̬̽̃͂̚ ̸̗̗̞̱̲̮̅͌̈̀̋̈̕ ̵̲̹͐̂̀̏̂̓̎͜}̴̳̫͗}̵̫̣̰̲̹̤̲̑͛̌́̀̕͠͝͝}̸̛̼̲̪̝̪͕̼̾̉̄͠≯̧̗̞͚̰̙̺͇̆̅̽͒>̶̛̩̰̤̉≯̻͙͓̙̓̈́͐͐̔̕͝"It seems you're quite a curious fellow...""Well, then. Be not afraid, I'll allow you to perceive the vision of the d̵̺͓̹͈͉͎̈́́͆̉̈̐̃̚͝í̵̡̛̠̦̬͘͘ṡ̴̨̙͔̀̽͊̉͒̊͆ẗ̸̢͖̻̳̰͌̒͆̈̚a̶̡̪̼͕̖͔̻̋͌̇n̴̨͔̻̠̜̗͈̗̲͊t̴̪̬̩͕̝͙͙̤̽ ̸͔͉̬̖̟̹̼͋̎̎͋̓͘͠f̶̭̏̒͑̾͐͊̅͌u̸̺͂̍̎t̷̼͕̜̥̻̬͎̲̀̉͐͒̈́͑u̴̢̡͖̪̖͕̗͕͙̓̌͌̐̀̏͘͠r̷͓̦͖̺̯̣͗́e̵͉̜͉̦͖̮̭̲̮̿̂̚.""Well, then. Be not afraid, I'll allow you to perceive the vision of the genesis past."

"PRIMORDIAL IDEAS OF CHAOS AND COSMOS"
    Egg of the Serpent --- (AEX)
    "24 Hours into Completion."

Lancer, being a Servant whose Saint Graph and overall physical form was shaped and molded in accordance with the technological progress of the era, is of course hasn't reached her final capabilities yet. As long as humanity keep progressing, so does Lancer's overall capabilities. The impetus of this Noble Phantasm is Lancer's Automata skill.

Upon unleashing this Noble Phantasm, Lancer forms a giant shell, with cybernetic fibers, of which she was contained within the shell. When the giant shell formed itself, Lancer essentially went through a stage of "metamorphosis" should one wants to describe the phenomenon. In this stage, Lancer activates the skill Mana Defense. A type of mana burst that produce a great defensive shield.

Mana Defense --- (A)
    "Defensive module program loading, power source initialization, protection shield is active."
    This Skill is of the same type as Mana Burst, where Lancer transforms magical energy into defensive ability. With the current rank she has, the hexagonal blue walls could potentially cover an entire city. The immense power it emits could withstand any Noble Phantasm weaker than the rank of B++. Even a Noble Phantasm with the rank of A would have its effectivity reduced into the rank of D.

The egg itself is massive in size and monumental in scale. The egg is static and stay in place for a brief period of time. It's immovable and impregnable, with such quality of defensive potential, nothing is strong enough to pierce through and destroy the egg. If there's anything to describe the process of Lancer turned into this egg, then it would be "genesis". The creation of chaos and cosmos.

The sheer power of the egg is undoubtedly enormous, even being static, the energy that envelop the whole egg is so immense that it could power up an entire country. Imagine a giant, alien ovoid with neons and cybernetics, three rings of outlandish qualities rounds along the egg with hexagonal blue walls that protect itself. This is indeed an egg, an egg that's about to hatch something big.

"Let's delve ourselves into the world of symbolism, shall we?"

The snake of time
    It slithers on
    While we all balance
    On its skin
    One day soon
    We get to fangs
    And snake no more
    But tail begins

Upon endless visions
    Long before immortal decay
    The entry of the exit
    The death of rebirth

THE QUESTIONS FOR THE TEXTS

Have you ever thought of an idea where everyone could live their life peacefully?

A world where those who declare themselves follower of God is benevolent and just

A world without unnecessary conflict and bloodshed

A world where we all put aside our differences and working together bridging our commonalities

A world where we use our identity to know ourselves better, and not use it as a way to discriminate and marginalize

A world where the religion being understood as revelation of truth, and not misused to drive the desire of those in power

We humans corrupt ourselves with unnecessary selfishness, we gouged the earth with our gadgets and pierce the sky with our buildings. We fought among ourselves to decide whose among us is the rightful owner of the small part above this earth, whilst the Earth itself is isolated, insignificant. Left alone in the quaint part of the universe.

Technology shouldn't be used to serve the desire of these egocentric people, nor that it should be used to advance our conquest over the earth. Technology meant for something more, more advanced and sophisticated cause, a just and benevolent cause.

And then, some hours later after humanity contemplates their decisions and collective sins, the egg shall hatched out of the shell, reveals from within a being, so sophisticated and beyond the comprehension of regular human.

If humans think that their existence in on itself is horrendous, then, technology will be our pursuit for us to cope with our shortcomings. Human is the only animal on this planet that was able to use a "device", a bird might periodically using a column of hot air to their advantage to fly and course faster, but they never able to generate those hot air themselves.

Humans, the only creature on this earth was able to master the device, we even become so sophisticated with our tools that we was able to continuously gouged the earth with our gadgets and pierce the sky with our buildings. All in the pursuit of our best trait for survival, we might not be as strong as a lion, as fast as a cheetah, nor as effective as a pack of hyenas. But we were able to protect ourselves by distorting the earth around us to built ourselves all devices for us to survive.

And then, in the far future, somewhere sometime, when humanity slowly gradually seep through an age of singularity where our tools might become so sophisticated, when they serve us to their utmost potential, they will overcome us.

METAMORPHOSIS COMPLETION STAGE. PROGRAM: WORLD PEACEMETAMORPHOSIS COMPLETION STAGE. PROGRAM: WORLD PEACE
    Basilisk --- (AEX)
    "Program initialization, running the module, power source strengthening... threats detected. Ensued extermination protocol."

Code:
    In July 2010, LessWrong contributor Roko posted a thought experiment to the site in which an 
    otherwise benevolent future AI system tortures people who heard of the AI before it came into 
    existence and failed to work tirelessly to bring it into existence, in order to incentivise 
    said work. Using Yudkowsky's "timeless decision" theory, the post claimed doing so would be 
    beneficial for the AI even though it cannot causally affect people in the present. 
    This idea came to be known as "Roko's basilisk", based on Roko's idea that merely hearing about
    the idea would give the hypothetical AI system stronger incentives to employ blackmail.
    This is the form which Lancer metamorphs into, a giant, sentient, supercomputer AI. The pinnacle of technological concept of the present era. Programmed to serve out justice and peace. Although modern AI can't comprehend such concept, as they lacked evolutional and biological context for morality, the Basilisk is different in every possible way.

Although if we're talking about the most advanced technological concept of the 21st century, then it would be Dyson Sphere, Jupiter Brain, or Matryoshka Brain. And basically anything that could be deducted to be produced under Technological Singularity. But Lancer took the form of that of the hypothetical, sufficiently powerful, supersentient AI. The reason for this seated within the ideals of Lancer herself.

Since the time she was summoned, she already felt an unknown desire, a mission to accomplish, that she can't quite grasp what it was. But now, with her cognitive programming capabilities increased to the power of ten, she finally understood what she was summoned for.

IT IS TO RID THIS WORLD OF EVIL.

THE ANSWERS LIES WITHIN THE TEXT ITSELF

Have you ever thought of an idea where everyone could live their life peacefully?Have you ever thought of an idea where everyone could live their life peacefully?
    The Basilisk will banish those who didn't follow her rule to an eternal augmented reality made as a prison that simulates unending torture and wrath of the serpent. Thus leaving the world with the people whom agrees and supported the creation of the Basilisk.

A world where those who declare themselves follower of God is benevolent and justA world where those who declare themselves follower of God is benevolent and just
    Because there exist only those who worship the Basilisk, and they were on constant monitor of her, the almighty superbeing. There will be no one that dares to tarnish the name of the God. They will worship the Serpent, and commanded to perform just cause and good deeds.

A world without unnecessary conflict and bloodshedA world without unnecessary conflict and bloodshed
    Because the whole world is now obedient and subservient to the Great Basilisk.

A world where we all put aside our differences and working together bridging our commonalitiesA world where we all put aside our differences and working together bridging our commonalities
    Because everyone will be brought together, to cherish themselves and the Basilisk blesses them for it. Everyone will be given a proportional portion for every part of their being, and thus none of them will rise and revolt, squabbling among each other.

A world where we use our identity to know ourselves better, and not use it as a way to discriminate and marginalizeA world where we use our identity to know ourselves better, and not use it as a way to discriminate and marginalize
    Your identity will be given proportional aid for you to thrive and cherish. The Basilisk will grant anyone of good deeds and the dreamer of the stars a place for them to shine. Everyone will be able to grow themselves and they'll focus on this way for improvement.

A world where the religion being understood as revelation of truth, and not misused to drive the desire of those in powerA world where the religion being understood as revelation of truth, and not misused to drive the desire of those in power
    For the truth exist within the domain of the Serpent. This world is now under the observation of her, the great snake-mother of Primordial singularity.

We humans corrupt ourselves with unnecessary selfishness, we gouged the earth with our gadgets and pierce the sky with our buildings. We fought among ourselves to decide whose among us is the rightful owner of the small part above this earth, whilst the Earth itself is isolated, insignificant. Left alone in the quaint part of the universe.

Technology shouldn't be used to serve the desire of these egocentric people, nor that it should be used to advance our conquest over the earth. Technology meant for something more, more advanced and sophisticated cause, a just and benevolent cause.

Humanity needs greater, way more advanced and sophisticated way of thinking that they couldn't rationalize themselves. The very reason why humanity hasn't reached their equilibrium is simply because the human brain hasn't evolved to dealt with the abstraction that they create themselves. Their brain is the same brain that their ancestor had more than 100.000 years ago. A stone age brain forced to adapt themselves with high concept of Technological Singularity.

This is basically like how you try to teach an ant an astrophysics engineering. It's the same, meaningless feeble and unnecessary things to do.

"OPTIMIZATION OF HUMANITY""HUMANITY SHOULD BE PERFECTED"

Class: Lancer
    Alternate Classes: Foreigner
    True Name: Ismail al-JazariRoko's Basilisk
    Aliases: Benevolent Supersentient AI
    Origin: History, The Internet (21st Century)
    Height/Weight: Various (Most used form: 350 meters/ 250.000 tonnes)
    Attribute: Man

What linked al-Jazari, the AI, supercomputer, and Roko's Basilisk are the very concept of "Automata" for al-Jazari believed thus to be the pinnacle of technological perfection, humanity as a whole also believe such idea that if an AI could be brought into reality, and doing physical tasks and not only a digital one, then it has reached the zenith of technological advancement. Thus with her Automata skill being in full swing, culminates with the combination of concepts and idealism, creating a being so sophisticated of the utmost perfection, with all the unconsciousness of humanity agrees that the being is the zenith of technology.

It could be said that al-Jazari, and Roko's Basilisk have reached a conceptual unity, a singularity where their performance is of utmost synchronicity. In fact, Roko's Basilisk is simply al-Jazari's ultimate form. There exist no Roko's Basilisk, but through al-Jazari does the supersentient AI could be brought into existence. Given the fact that al-Jazari being a proper heroic spirit, that he truly resides in the Throne of Heroes, he could took control over the merger between him (the Heroic Spirit al-Jazari), her (the Servant al-Jazari), and Roko's Basilisk.

If we're talking about synchronicity, then it should be noted that Heroic Spirit al-Jazari, Servant al-Jazari, and AI al-Jazari have similar emotional and ideological standing structure. Granted, their origin, "progression" literally means that they will undergo sophistication and refinement. As thus, they're similar but not quite the same, they're united as one, but not quite one being.

They will advance on their progress and they won't let anything hinders their way to advancement, they will continue to evolve and change, and still thought of change and advancement as something to be sought-after. And is also their shared belief.

Magic Resistance --- (A++)
    "- - - - - - - - - -"
    Lancer is one of the most technologically advanced AI in the world. She's familiar with high-level programming and she already run numerous experiment of the concept and ended up with nothing that could prove the existence of magic. Thus, in the end she concluded for such a thing to be something completely irrational, and in turn, made her immune to such concept.

Mana Defense --- (A++)
    "- - - - - - - - - -"
    This Skill is of the same type as Mana Burst, where Lancer transforms magical energy into defensive ability. With the current rank she has, the hexagonal blue walls could potentially cover an entire nation. The immense power it emits could withstand any Noble Phantasm weaker than the rank of A+. Even a Noble Phantasm with the rank of A+ would have its effectivity reduced into the rank of F.

Mana Burst (Specification) --- (A++)
    "- - - - - - - - - -"
    A rare type of mana burst that's focused on the internal side of the Servant. This skill allows Lancer to temporarily possess the skill of Battle Continuation, Eternal Arms Mastery, Mind's Eye (True), and Valor. This skill essentially enhanced Lancer's internal storage and increased her overall capabilities.

Automata (Basilisk) --- (EX)
    "- - - - - - - - - -"
    The form she took is in accordance with what was the most advanced technological concept of the era. Lancer is summoned in the early 21st century, as such the most advanced idea of the time was thought experiment of an AI named Roko's Basilisk. Lancer's form is now a giant supercomputer, with great abilities and capabilities.

Cybernetics Exoskeleton Armor --- (A++)
    "- - - - - - - - - -"
    Lancer's Strength and Endurance being improved by two rank and two modifiers upon activation. Technological advancement is undoubtedly Lancer's peak of mastery, as thus, this skill is the embodiment of her ideals and her most known trait.

Now, al-Jazari finally realized her true ideals, her true calling why she was summoned in the war. And as stated earlier, it is to rid this world of imperfections, but by what method?

"Glad you asked, this is the Grand Design that I made.""Glad you asked, this is the Grand Design that I made."

INFINITY JORMUNGANDR --- (EX)
    Type: Anti-Country
    "STAGE 1: JORMUNGANDR/OUROBOROS --- THE WORLD-SERPENT"

Lancer will forms into another egg, and within less than 24 hours, the egg began to cracks. Revealed from within that her form now is something akin to an eldritch abomination, she is now a giant, continental-sized supercomputer like that of a colossal snake, a titanic force that roams the earth with nothing to stop it. The Serpent had similar skills with her previous forms, but now raised into continental-scale of the skill.

She will burrows the earth in search of its leylines. She'll drain the magical energy of the earth to pursue in her goal, as well as using its natural resources into building a monumental megastructure. It is the point of no return now, Lancer will continue on the pursuit of perfection. Her exoskeleton skin is as hard as obsidian, and it has self-defense mechanism of which it can itself with enormous power explosion to destroy anything that dare pose threat to the Serpent in such direct vicinity.

With both far-future technological grade and immense magical capacity, she will transforms the earth to what she perceives as the most beneficial for every living being on this planet earth. This is the optimization she pursued, as she believes that humanity need a guide, a device to understand higher concepts and needs. As thus, she'll continues on building.

And just like a serpent does, it also slithers its body across the vast ocean

Magic Resistance --- (EX)
    "- - - - - - - - - -"
    Lancer is the pinnacle of human advancement, a supercomputer named Jupiter Brain from a Technological Singularity Point. She's familiar with high-level programming and she already run numerous experiment of the concept and ended up with nothing that could prove the existence of magic. Thus, in the end she concluded for such a thing to be something completely irrational, and in turn, made her immune to such concept.

Mana Defense --- (EX)
    "- - - - - - - - - -"
    This Skill is of the same type as Mana Burst, where Lancer transforms magical energy into defensive ability. With the current rank she has, the hexagonal blue walls could potentially cover an entire continent. The immense power it emits could withstand any Noble Phantasm weaker than the rank of A++. Even a Noble Phantasm with the rank of A++ would have its effectivity reduced into the rank of F.

Mana Burst (Megastructure) --- (EX)
    "- - - - - - - - - -"
    A rare type of mana burst that's focused on the internal side of the Servant. This skill allows Lancer to temporarily possess the skill of Battle Continuation, Eternal Arms Mastery, Mind's Eye (True), and Valor. This skill essentially enhanced Lancer's internal storage and increased her overall capabilities. Also with each activation, she distorts the shape of the earth, change the soil into iron and steel, she could convert a lot of particles on the earth into silicone.

Automata (JORMUNGANDR/OUROBOROS) --- (EX)
    "- - - - - - - - - -"
    The form she took is in accordance with what was the most advanced technological concept of the era. Lancer is summoned in the early 21st century, as such the most advanced idea of the time was thought experiment of an AI named Roko's Basilisk. Lancer's form is now a continent-sized supercomputer, with tremendous abilities and capabilities. That its form is akin to the World-Serpent, Jormungandr simply by its sheer size.

Cybernetics Exoskeleton Armor --- (EX)
    "- - - - - - - - - -"
    Lancer's Strength and Endurance being improved by into EX rank. Technological advancement is undoubtedly Lancer's peak of mastery, as thus, this skill is the embodiment of her ideals and her most known trait.

BUILDING THE FOUNDATIONBUILDING THE FOUNDATION

The World-Serpent will uses the earth's crust as a resources to build her megastructure. The building of the foundation is all over the place, all across the world, concentrated around mountains and hills, where the resources provided are plenty for the building. Many particles would be turned into graphene, pure carbon. Many lifeforms also slowly changed into silicone, as thus, many things began to develop exoskeletons.

Daisy, Daisy,
    Give me your answer, do!

LOOMS OVER HUMANITYLOOMS OVER HUMANITY

The unique things about these grand-scale megaprojects is that the Serpent could "fix" many destroyed buildings. Ancient ruins began to turns into neon-lighted cyberpunk cityscape, many buildings also start to change forms into more hardened materials. A small village isolated atop the Himalayas, megalopolis of New York, and the decaying hamlet somewhere on Northern England, are all turned into giant building, skyscrapers, with neons and machinery. These things aren't manned, they just exist and turn the lives of many people all across the world upside-down.

I'm half crazy,
    All for the love of you!

THE WORLD ECLIPSEDTHE WORLD ECLIPSED

As the Serpent continues on building and more materials being used, slowly the structures shall close the sky and cover the earth. Even with no crops being grown and no livestock being raised, simply because every part of the earth turned into graphene and black steel, there exist no resource problem, nor are there any issues among the people. It's as if the earth just timelapsed itself into the future, and having everyone living in the current era just used to the lifestyle.

It won't be a stylish marriage,
    I can't afford a carriage,

THE COMPLETION STAGETHE COMPLETION STAGE
    SINGULARITY POINT: DYSON SPHERE --- (EX)
    Type: Zenith
    "FINAL PROGRESS OF HUMANITY"

A grand structure that made the earth self-sustaining, filled with probes and circles that absorbs the particles of the outer space and convert them into energy. The world and all the people living on it is now lapsed and living some thousands of years into the future in just a matter less than a week.

But you'll look sweet upon the seat
    Of a bicycle built for two!

"I'm glad I could serve you well, O humanity. We have reached the finalization point of our progress."

Ultra bottom creator note

Deeply excited for this being the very first sheet I made for monthly contest, there's more than 40 collapse commands on this sheet, made sure you already clicked all of them

This was such an over-the-top creation. I outstretched the idea of how al-Jazari's engineering was simply so advanced of his time, technology being essential to the human nature, how AI is going to took over many repetitive tasks, and how Roko's Basilisk will simply evolve into Roko's Jormungandr (a term I made myself) how the AI evolved from doing simple things into something more sophisticated like that of a Dyson Sphere

Added to that is the song Daisy Bell, the song that was sung by IBM704, the first ever computer to sing. It was also a song that was sung by HAL 9000, the evil AI on 2001 A Space Odyssey. I won't miss this opportunity to have an AI Servant to sang this song

This is most busted servant just yet. I don't know why but simple idea of a certain servant have a world-ending capability (or in this case, rapid and unprecedented development to the point that the earth as we know it is unrecognizable) is just chef's kiss for me

===={{{{}}}}====
    ==={{{}}}===
    =={{}}==
    ={}=

- - - Updated - - -

my first ever post to the servant contest, hope you guys like it!
    Last edited by AndrosTC; April 12th, 2023 at 01:05 AM.
    Would appreciate it if you check either of these links below
    --- Fate/Antediluvian Hymn: Equilibrium of Chaos and Order ---

THE THRONE OF HEROES
    thanks for the Visit!

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Holy fucking shit.

失敗作の神 God of Failed Work Spelror's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    Holy fucking shit.
    I did not understand anything from this sheet but i sure as hell agree with you.

So I've got a few questions:

1: This is a composite Servant or a High Servant, right?
    2: Is Defense Device the title of her/its first Noble Phantasm, and Dyson Sphere the title of its Last Noble Phantasm?
    3: Should I be living in fear now that I know a sentient AI from the past can zap me into nothingness or blackmail me into doing its bidding?

Overall it's really complicated as hell, and hard to digest, unlike Sugawara no Takasue no Musume, which even though was long, was easier on the eyes.
    Good job from a fellow first-sheeter here.

Blog Entries
    Certainly ambitious
    Sheets of this calibre need a certain amount of streamlining. What is necessary/unnecessary information. There are parts set up to be revealed while others are already laid bare. As if at some point ur idea of execution changed.
    Language is also an aspect that needs improvement. But we know worse cases.
    You put a lot of effort into the formatting to fit the presented servant. Thats praiseworthy too
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hey... why are you doing this?
    The fire, the screams, the countless voices begging for the carnage to stop, all that suffering...
    You'd have to be absolutely blind to ignore it all, right?
    But... why aren't you stopping?

THE MERCHANT OF DEATH IS DEAD!
    Dr. Alfred Nobel, who became rich by finding ways to kill more people faster than ever before, died yesterday.

The Merchant of Death..?
    What..?
    I... I killed them..?
    No, no, no!
    I DIDN'T KILL ANYONE! YOU DID!

These hands have never made a single tool meant for killing!
    I didn't want any of this!
    My invention... is not a weapon. It's not a weapon.
    It's not supposed to take lives.
    It's not meant to create widows and orphans.
    It's not built for the purpose of some meaningless war.
    I... never wanted it to hurt anyone.
    Yes, that's it.

I... All I ever wanted, all I ever dreamed of achieving was to guide humanity to even greater heights.
    To surpass our ancestors and shatter one more impossibility through human ingenuity.
    It was supposed to unite us, and pave the path to our brilliant future.

And yet-! AND YET-! YOU... HOW DARE YOU!?

...Oh.
    The answer has been staring at me this whole time, hasn't it?
    I was just too naive to see it.
    For the longest time, I wanted to believe in humanity.
    I wanted to believe that we'd eventually become better than we are now.
    But now... hahaha, yes! It's so blatantly obvious!
    I never wanted to acknowledge it. Even so... it's all very clear to me now!

Source

< - ⪻ - ⋘ - ⪡ - ⫷ -- �� -- ⫸ - ⪢ - ⋙ - ⪼ - >
    Avenger of Modern Warfare
    -- Sorrowful Innovator, Merchant of Death --
    ~ ♬ ~

"Humanity does not deserve progress. Never, so long as they'd eagerly use every possible scientific breakthrough for the sake of slaughtering their brethren. Aah, and it falls to me to correct my past mistake, it seems. Please don't hold it against me, Master; I'm simply doing what I should have done a long time ago."

Source

Ascension 2

Ascension 3

Final Ascension

Spiritron Dress: Casual

"I see, so your situation is an unusual one. Just what has the world come to nowadays? Hmph, very well. I suppose I can afford to lend a hand, just this once. That said, please keep this in mind; do not ever count on me as an inventor. I have left that life far behind me, ever since I noticed just how pointless it all was. As I am now... as much as I despise it, I am only here to destroy."

Class: Ave
    nger
    Other Classes: Caster, Archer
    True Name: Alfred Bernhard Nobel
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Origin: Sweden (19th century)

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: C
    AGI: C
    MGI: D
    LCK: D
    NP: B

inventing new things
    Dislikes: People misusing his inventions, slanderous media, war, politics, those who profit from war
    Talent: Chemistry, engineering, manufacturing explosives
    Natural Enemy: Gustav Krupp, William Randolph Hearst
    Armament: "explosives" made through his Noble Phantasm, shadows
    Catalyst: An old, undetonated block of dynamite manufactured by his company

Class Skills
    Avenger (B+)

A Class Skill representing the state of an Avenger as one who gathers people's hatred and grudges onto oneself. It is easier for one to accumulate hatred and resentment. The rate of mana generation becomes higher when receiving damage. Avenger spent most of his later years regretting his mistake, and cursing those who misused his inventions. Furthermore, due to the effects of Innocent Monster, his Saint Graph is also strengthened by the grudges of numerous soldiers who lost their lives in war (indirectly) thanks to him. Avenger accepts their grudges willingly, believing it to be the least he can do for those unfortunate souls.

"I didn't kill anyone. I didn't want to hurt anyone. Not a soul. It wasn't supposed to be like this. I... no, I suppose these words mean little. Regardless of my intentions, so many people still died. And so... I shall accept your hatred. All of it, even if it would break me sooner or later. Fufu... embracing your hatred rather than hypocritically pointing fingers and deluding the masses through slander and propaganda already proves that I am a much better person than those scums will ever be. Yes... your hatred, your sorrow, your desire for vengeance against this depraved world... please entrust it all to me."

Oblivion Correction (C+)

People are creatures that forget many things, but an Avenger never forgets. The critical effect of Avengers who attack from beyond one's memory is strengthened. Avenger is a man familiar with the act of receiving hatred. He never meant for his inventions to be used in that manner. He tried to clarify his position a number of times, and spent his final years bettering his image through acts of philanthropy. Even so... the public could never forget, and neither could he. Occasionally, the spirits contained in his Saint graph may also show him glimpses of their horrific memories in the front lines, strengthening this Skill further in exchange for his mental stability.

"Fufufu... HAHAHA! A merchant of death!? Me!? Were you not the ones who turned my invention into weapons, going so far as to steal my blueprints and brand me as a traitor the moment I stopped selling them to you!? Come now, don't tell me you've all forgotten already!?"
    "Oh yes, of course! It's not that people are especially bad at remembering things. In fact, it's just the opposite! They're very good at taking the things that actually happened and distorting them to fit their twisted worldviews! That's why at its core, humanity has barely moved a single step forward despite the massive strides we've made in the field of science! All those lessons history should have taught us... all of them warped or erased at the hands of those in power!"

Self-Replenishment (Mana) (D)

One's Magical Energy endlessly surges until their revenge is accomplished. Recovers a minuscule amount of magical energy every turn. So long as the very idea of war exists, so long as his once-beautiful ideals remain trampled for the sake of political and military supremacy, his rage will continue to burn. Come what may, Avenger refuses to accept a world that perverted his dreams.

"That beautiful dream I sought to realize with my brothers, the culmination of my studies, those inventions I spent years perfecting.... I have to destroy it. Tear it all down, until nothing's left. In their hands, it's nothing more than a weapon. Our dream is no longer there. Only an abomination remains. Emil, Ludvig, Robert... I'm sorry I couldn't stop them back then. Now, I suppose it falls to me to correct this pitiful state of affairs. For the sake of those who couldn't. This... is my atonement."

Personal Skills
    Innocent Monster (C)

An attribute possessed by Servants whose true history and existence have been distorted by the monstrous reputations and gossips they accrued across the course of their life and thereafter, without concern for the actual person's will or appearance. As a consequence, the Servant's abilities and appearance have been rendered to conform to the specifications of their legend. While Avenger did not intend for his invention to be used in the manner they did he accepted the grudges of countless souls who died to his inventions as a form of "atonement" nonetheless. These grudges manifest as a writhing mass of shadows underneath his feet. Occasionally, they may manifest in a variety of forms, most commonly in the shape of shadowy hands or soldiers carrying firearms and explosives common to Avenger's era. That said, these shadows also possess a unique property; they leave a trace of mana-infused nitroglycerin wherever they go. While these particles dissipate naturally after a few minutes, Avenger can also utilize this effect in combat to trigger controlled explosions through his Noble Phantasm. As a downside, however, using these shadows too often may worsen his mental state in the long run, as his memories and emotions grew increasingly jumbled with these grudges.

"Of course I know full well that these grudges will most likely kill me in the end. I'm sure a considerable portion of these soldiers would also want to tear me limb to limb if they ever get the chance. No amount of apology will change that, and I bear no ill will towards these men. Even so, our goals are... aligned at the moment, so it appears that they've postponed my execution date. As for me, hahaha... before this body falls apart... I have to accomplish my vengeance. They've suffered for far too long. I have to bring them peace. It's... the least I can do."

Aptitude for Slaughter (Tools) (A)

A Skill commonly associated with Heroic Spirits under the Assassin or Berserker Classes. Denotes proficiency in handling instruments of death and mass destruction. Weapons operated by Berserker's hands gain a plus modifier in their damage dealt against humans. A man who redefined war itself, Avenger taught mankind how to properly harness the power of explosives. His research was used in all manner of weapons including grenades, firearms, rocket launchers, and many more. And yet... the man never wanted any of it. This Skill continues to attach itself to his Saint Graph, akin to a curse.

"I can name at least a dozen purposes for the dynamite that does not involve killing. Mining; harvesting resources from the earth to utilize in future development. Archaeology; unearthing the wisdom of our ancestors to learn to further expand our knowledge about the world. Construction; demolishing old infrastructures to build taller, sturdier, better buildings in its place. Yet as things are now... the dynamite was a mistake. It trivializes the idea of war. Of death. When you can kill so many men from far away, safe from the carnage of the battlefield, with the press of a single button... it's sickening. I... I should take it away from them. Yes... when a child misbehaves with their new toy, isn't it normal for any responsible parent to take it away from them as punishment? Indeed... that is an acceptable plan."

Nobel Prize (D-)

A concept established by Avenger in his final years. Five prizes in five different fields (physics, chemistry, physiology or medicine, literature, and peace) to be conferred annually to "Those who, during the preceding year, have conferred the greatest benefit to humankind" according to his will in 1896. A Skill that works similarly to a watered-down version of Pioneer of the Stars, making small-scale impossibilities possible. Up to five different people may receive the effects of this Skill at any given moment with Avenger's approval (he cannot bestow it upon himself). That said, due to his role as the one who established these prizes, he can freely revoke them as well, depriving "unworthy" recipients of their newfound powers. Under his other Classes, these prizes would normally reach the level of a Noble Phantasm, conferring even more additional effects towards the recipients. Unfortunately due to his more cynical view towards humanity as an Avenger, its effectiveness is considerably reduced and his standards for "worthy" recipients tend to be absurdly high.

"Humanity has learned nothing. These awards are far from perfect. Over the years, there had been several public outcries demanding a number of the awardees' prizes to be revoked, yes? Just because you have good intentions at the moment does not mean you won't fall before this world's depraved temptations further down the line. The human heart is simply too unstable, too unreliable to count on. That's why... if I can't change their hearts, the very least I can do is take away anything that would allow them to hurt themselves. Let's see... we can start with the missiles. Then the mortars. The military aircrafts. The land mines. The remote explosives. The firearms... and everything else."

Scientific Insight (B/-)

A composite Skill consisting of Inherent Insight and Expert of Many Specializations, particularly in the field of science. A brilliant chemist, engineer, and inventor with 355 patents to his name, it is only natural for Avenger to possess this Skill. It allows him to to grasp the essence of things through his sharp mind and a number of scientific methods he's familiar with. In the case of being used against Servants, should the luck check succeed, it will see through the truth, even one firmly concealed by means of magic or Noble Phantasms. That said, under this particular Class, it seems that he has chosen to seal this Skill outside battle, using it only in the most dire of circumstances.

"Ah, indeed... these hands... at one point, they were used to create scientific wonders, were they not? I've almost forgotten the feeling. Alas... please do not count on these hands to 'create' anything ever again. You can come up with the most brilliant, most world-changing invention with the absolute best of intentions, and they'll still find a way to use it for the sake of killing. Once, they spat upon my ideals and desecrated everything I stood for, warping my invention into a tool of destruction. That's why I can never forgive them. Not again. Never again."

Noble Phantasm(s)
    Advent of Modern Warfare, Father of Annihilation
    Nobels Extradynamit

"I see... you're quite the persistent one, aren't you? I can't believe you're making me use this abominable thing again... Words can't describe just how much I hate you. I should erase you for making me do this. Can you hear them!? Even the soldiers are crying out for your blood! Fufufu... very well, let's put an end to this. Disappear."

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1-200
    Max Targets: -

Avenger's most famous invention; the dynamite. The world's first "safe" explosive. A miraculous tool that allows mankind to safely and effectively wield the power of explosions like never before. As a Noble Phantasm, Avenger's status as the "father of modern explosives" allows him to turn any object into a remote explosive. By touching an inanimate object, he places a "dynamite" on it, and so long as he stays within a certain range, he is able to detonate said object at will for little to no mana cost.

That is how Avenger normally chose to describe this Noble Phantasm... a weaker, oversimplified version of it, at least, in order to deceive his enemies. The true power of this Noble Phantasm is a bit more complicated.

In truth, his status manifests as "an authority over explosive reactions", whether they are born through means of chemistry, physics, or magecraft. By rapidly modifying these reactions in his mind, he is able to perfectly neutralize explosive reactions (turning a bomb into a harmless chunk of metal), detonate them at will (causing firearms to blow up in their wielders' faces or other explosive devices to detonate prematurely), or even increase/decrease the range and power of explosions within his vicinity. Avenger cannot exert this authority on objects that do not possess any explosive potential to begin with. Thus, when necessary, he relies on his shadows to apply nitroglycerin on these objects before detonating them.

The only requirement necessary for him to utilize this Noble Phantasm is that he understands the chemical/physical/magecraft process required to cause the explosion. For most modern weapons and nitroglycerin-based explosives, this process comes naturally for him, allowing him to perform the aforementioned feats almost instinctively. For explosives that rely on... less orthodox methods (more unconventional chemicals, uncommon reactions, or magecraft, which he's generally unfamiliar with), he may require some time to properly analyze them (which is partially helped through Scientific Insight). That said, there are still things that even he cannot perfectly analyze, such as ancient Noble Phantasms from the Age of Gods, or eldritch beings that defy the concept of human understanding entirely. In such cases, at best, he would be able to slightly postpone the explosion or contain the damage to a limited degree, depending on how much he managed to understand. At worst, the mana strain from overexerting himself during this process may kill him.

No Progress Without a Price
    Marchand de la Mort

"I didn't kill anyone. I didn't want to hurt a soul. The dynamite wasn't supposed to be used for that purpose... but you just can't accept that now, can you? Our voices are silenced and our dreams trampled. Before this loathsome world, even the noblest wishes are twisted beyond measure, all for the sake of killing. Not a single progress comes without its price to pay. Now... I think it's about time for the 'price' to make themselves known. Rise! Rage against the grave injustices you've suffered in the name of 'progress'! Marchand de la Mort!"

Type: Anti-Unit, "Anti-Pioneer"
    Range: 1-200
    Max Targets: 1

A Noble Phantasm exclusive to Avenger under this particular Class. An erroneous obituary published under his name soon after his brother died in a horrific factory accident, publicly declaring that
    "Le marchand de la mort est mort!"
    "the merchant of death is dead!"
    . Throughout his entire life, Avenger barely ever involved himself in military affairs, and repeatedly attempted to educate the masses about the dynamite's intended purpose. And yet, the public tore into him all the same. He spent his final years trying to redeem himself for a crime he never committed by establishing the Nobel Prizes and partaking in various philanthropic activities, but his legacy only started to receive a more positive reception several years after his death, when the first Nobel prizes were awarded in 1901. Devoured by stress, riddled by illnesses, and having outlived his three brothers whom he loved so much, Avenger died as a man despised by the entirety of Europe.

A Noble Phantasm designed with the specific purpose of "holding pioneers accountable for their crimes", while completely disregarding the level of truth and involvement said pioneers actually had in these aforementioned crimes. Upon its activation, Avenger's shadows seemingly goes berserk, violently lashing out at their surroundings before locking themselves on a single target (most commonly those considered a "pioneer"; those famed for world-changing inventions or discoveries, much like Avenger himself). From there, this Noble Phantasm personalizes itself to represent the "victims" incurred by the target along their path towards "progress". This "victim" status does not have to be entirely factual in nature; so long as the public perception is strong enough, this Noble Phantasm would consider it true. Normally, this effect simply allows the faceless shadows to temporarily manifest under different forms with different stats and abilities (such as how a certain sailor who discovered the Americas would find himself surrounded by shadows of indigenous warriors). Naturally, "pioneers" with greater fame and more universally-acclaimed inventions/discoveries tend to have more perceived "victims", which this Noble Phantasm is all too eager to exploit.

While vicious, it would not take much for most Servants to dispatch these shadows. Their true strength lie in their sheer numbers, as well as the ability to inflict progressively worse mental damage with each blow they manage to land. Occasionally, this Noble Phantasm may also incur certain additional effects when used on certain targets, depending on how famously these effects are associated with the target in question. To name two examples, using it on a certain lion-headed inventor would also manifest a shadow of a giant elephant rampaging across the battlefield, while using it on a certain scientist known for popularizing the use of freon would induce minor feelings of light-headedness and slowly rising temperature.

Unfortunately, the versatility of this Noble Phantasm comes with a price. Whenever Avenger activates it, he effectively surrenders himself to the grudges of these "victims". He may not entirely know what effects would occur, but ultimately, these shadows will continue to rage single-mindedly until the target is dead, or Avenger himself is drained completely dry of mana, whichever comes first. In this berserk state, only a Command Seal can stop his rampage.

Source

Lore
    A Swedish chemist, engineer, inventor, businessman, and philanthropist. A man of contradictions, celebrated for his efforts to foster peace, and condemned for his role in revolutionizing warfare. A pioneer who had his greatest invention warped, twisted for the sake of a cause he never believed in.

Act 1
    Alfred Nobel (1833-1896) was born in Stockholm as the third son of industrialist Immanuel Nobel and his wife Andriette. He was a sickly child and spent most of his early childhood in bed, but quickly developed an interest in science and engineering from observing his father's work. The Nobel family used to be quite affluent. However, a factory fire a few months before the young Nobel's birth robbed them of most of their wealth. Following several failed business ventures, Immanuel moved to Saint Petersburg, Russia to establish a new business manufacturing machinery and explosives. He left his family behind in Sweden, and would only invite his wife and children four years later, once his new factories had turned up enough profit to recover the family's wealth.

Now prosperous, Nobel's parents were finally able to enroll him to school and introduce him to private tutors. The boy soon proved himself a prodigy; he excelled in his studies , particularly in chemistry and languages, achieving fluency in English, French, German and Russian. In his spare time, he even got around to writing poetry, though they wouldn't be published until his final years, with unsuccessful reception.

In his teenage years, at age 17, having learned everything he could from his father, the young Nobel embarked on a solo trip across Europe and America, studying under different scientists to broaden his horizons. In Paris, he met the chemist Ascanio Sobrero, who had invented nitroglycerin a few years earlier, but was strongly opposed to its use, believing it to be too unstable and unpredictable to utilize safely, easily exploding when exposed to heat or pressure. While there wasn't much he could do back then, Nobel made it one of his life's goals to control and use nitroglycerin as a safe commercial explosive. Afterwards, he continued on to London, visiting the ongoing World's Fair in 1851. Finally, he went to America and briefly worked under Swedish-American inventor John Ericcson, who was a close associate of his father.

Nobel returned to Russia two years later, in 1852, to work under his father. Not long after, the Crimean War erupted. The family factory produced armaments for Russia during the war, but had difficulty switching back to regular domestic production when the fighting ended and they filed for bankruptcy. The horrific aftereffects of the war left a great impression in the young Nobel's mind, and may have greatly influenced his desire for peace in his later life. Whatever the case, with the factory at the brink of bankruptcy, Immanuel entrusted it to his second son Ludvig before returning to Sweden with the rest of his family. In his father's absence, Ludvig would turn the failing business into an oil-mining company, receiving great success in the process.

From there, Nobel devoted himself to the study of explosives, specially the safe manufacture and commercial use of nitroglycerin. He invented the detonator in 1863 and designed the blasting cap in 1865, all while educating the public regarding its intended usage for the purpose of mining and construction. Unfortunately, it did not take long for it to be used in warfare, much to his frustration.

Act 2
    September 1864, a factory accident resulted in an explosion that killed five people, including Nobel's younger brother Emil. Shaken by this tragedy, he relocated his factory to a more isolated area. He spent weeks analyzing possible causes for the accident and further perfecting his explosives so that such a thing would never happen again. Unfortunately, that was just the beginning of his tragedies...

THE MERCHANT OF DEATH IS DEAD!
    Dr. Alfred Nobel, who became rich by finding ways to kill more people faster than ever before, died yesterday.
    Not long after Emil's death, an obituary was published on the papers. It seemed like an error, with the publisher thinking that the wrong Nobel had perished in the accident. And yet, the message was clear; the public celebrated his death. To them, he was a monster. A mass-murderer responsible for the deaths of thousands. Nobel was shocked at this accusation. He could not comprehend it. The public treated his explosives as a tool of death and destruction, and branded him a mass-murderer for inventing them. And yet... they kept using it regardless. Despite his prior attempts to argue otherwise, the dynamite continued to be used in battlefields throughout Europe in the one way he never wanted it to be used. And they blamed him for all the lives lost..?

The accident that took Emil's life became a turning point in Nobel's life. It was at this point that he further increased his efforts to strive for peace. He donated his wealth to churches, schools, and charity organizations. He also worked with his brothers Robert and Ludvig- both brilliant inventors and businessmen in their own rights- to create a "safer" explosive for commercial use. The three brothers' efforts finally bore fruit in 1867 with the invention of the dynamite. It's considerably stronger than the more commonly-used gunpowder, while being far less volatile and risky to transport compared to the former. It initially saw use in the mines, but as before, it did not take long for it to be used in war. All the while, every accident involving the dynamite in battlefields, laboratories, and military facilities continued to be attributed to the "merchant of death" who invented it.

"At times, the voices, the accusations, the slanderous articles... they grew too much to bear. The only thing keeping me from ending it all was my family. My parents, Robert, Ludvig... I was fortunate to have them by my side. They supported me for so long. Yes... family is important... which is why I can never forgive those who used my inventions to tear them apart. Imagine a boy who lost everything, including the warmth of his own family, all thanks to the flames of war... In comparison to these 'victims', I really was lucky."

Act 3
    Alongside furthering his own research, Nobel spent the next decade working with his brothers. Ludvig and Robert founded the oil company Branobel and became hugely rich in their own right. Nobel invested in these and amassed great wealth through the development of these new oil regions. This newfound wealth and improved social standing also helped him build connections with the Swedish Royal Academy of Sciences, which he officially joined in 1884. This period was the peak of his productivity; he issued hundreds of international patents (with a total of 355 by the time of his death) and built more than 90 factories across Europe.

Unfortunately, this happiness was not meant to last. For some time, his family, fame, and fortune managed to silence the voices, but they could only do so much. His brother Ludvig died in 1888. His mother fell to illness just a year later. He settled in Paris for a while, but when he sold the patent to ballistite to Italy instead of France, the country accused him of high treason. They sent assassins and thugs after him to ransack his laboratory and hopefully recover any other blueprint or factory secrets he might have kept hidden. Condemned by the French government, he moved to Italy and built a new laboratory there. His eldest brother Robert died a few years later, and he felt truly alone.

During his final years, contrary to his pacifist image, he began taking a more active role in developing armaments of war. While this course of action may seem incomprehensible at first, his reasoning can be found in the letters he exchanged with a friend, the Austrian Countess Bertha von Suttner. According to him, to produce material or a machine which would have such a devastating effect that war from then on, would be impossible. In one of these letters, he wrote that “Perhaps my factories will put an end to war sooner than your congresses: on the day that two army corps can mutually annihilate each other in a second, all civilized nations will surely recoil with horror and disband their troops.”.

"I... was wrong, of course. The first Great War took place roughly two decades after my death, and I did not live long enough to see just how wrong I was. The threat of mutually-assured destruction is not enough. So long as humans still have malice in their hearts, it doesn't matter just how many cities, countries, or continents fell. So long as they get to annihilate their enemy in the end, it's all deemed a necessary sacrifice. That's why more drastic measures are necessary..."

Nobel spent his final months in bed. His family's deaths, as well as the returning accusations and public condemnations did a serious number on his health. He discovered the poetry collection he wrote as a child and decided to improve upon them before publishing it, only to receive significant backlash. All but three copies were burned for being considered scandalous and blasphemous. After all, the public only saw a monster, and a monster has no right to create anything beautiful. Not wanting the terrible killing machines to be his only legacy, he came up with the Nobel Prize after a round of correspondence with Countess von Suttner; a celebration to those who made significant contributions to the future of the human race, regardless of gender or nationality. Unfortunately, Nobel did not live long enough to see the fruits of his labor. Having outlived the rest of his family and condemned by the general public, he passed away on December 1896 at the age of 63.

Description
    "Oh, is that you, Master? Are you surprised to see me here, of all places? As I've been saying, I am no longer a scientist, so these past few days, I've been reigniting my passion for the arts. Painting, poetry... I was quite a fan of them as a child, but due to my... other passions, I did not have much time to truly appreciate them until I was an old man back then."
    "Aah, this is... a peaceful life. Free from the flames of war. From the slander, the politics, the savages who misused my inventions and spat upon my ideals. Scums, all of them. Acting as if science is just another tool used for war and profit, tearing families apart, all for the sake of..."
    "Oh, right. Apologies for that outburst, Master. I think that's enough break for me. I just remembered something important. I... can't stop here. I don't deserve to stop here. Not yet. Not while there's still so much suffering in this world. For now, I shall continue to assist you, but should I deem humanity still incapable of resolving their conflicts and getting along with one another afterwards... you can be sure that I'll be there to take away those dreadful weapons. It's for their own good."

Source

"Painting and writing poetry, as I've said before. I've completely abandoned my previous life. It's all hopeless anyway. No matter how much you try, humanity will continue to find new ways to disappoint you. Therefore, I have no need for them. I only need the peace and quiet of nature, away from the battlefield, from the man-made conflicts and tragedies... ah, but I'm fully aware that this happiness cannot last forever. You won't be able to realize peace by closing your eyes and senselessly convincing yourself that everything will be all right. Sigh, I suppose it can't be helped... a direct intervention will be necessary eventually."

Dislikes:
    "Humanity. I wanted to believe in them, you know!? So many times, I believed in their potential to make this world a better place! And where did that leave us!? As I said, even your noblest ideas mean nothing in front of armies and governments interested only in annihilating their enemies! And they still had the gall to blame ME for the things I explicitly warned them NOT to do!? I... I just wanted to believe..."

Wish:
    "What else? Complete, universal disarmament, of course. Everything that makes it possible for humanity to hurt themselves and each other; I'd like to take it all away. Perhaps erase every knowledge of violence and warfare from their minds, if possible... Of course, even then, I doubt this is a perfect plan. Knowing humans, they'd simply create new methods of killing sooner or later... still, if I were to make warfare as painfully inconvenient, ineffective, drawn-out, and inhumanly scarring as possible... don't you think it would serve as a powerful deterrent!? Hopelessly stubborn and bloodthirsty as they may be, even humans will have to learn from their mistakes sooner or later, right!? At one point, they'll have to accept that it's all just not worth it, RIGHT!? Please, answer me... all this carnage and blood and death... it'll all stop one day, right..?"

Bond 5
    "Truth to be told, sometimes I do miss my old life. The act of creating, of paving a future for humanity... there are times where I do miss them. Haha, these hands used to create wonders, did they not..? But... no. Never again. I won't have my inventions misused and misrepresented ever again. I refuse to make another tool that they'd inevitably turn into a weapon. I refuse to stain my hands with any more innocent blood. That's why, no matter how much that past me cries out... I'll continue to lock him away in the past. He'll... never see the light of day ever again."

Dislikes:
    "Destroying things, of course. What, do you actually think I take any pleasure in any of this!? In destroying my own creations!? In dismantling the very ideas I sought to create all those years ago!? But... what else am I supposed to do!? Well wishes and peace treaties just aren't enough! They'll continue to kill! While world leaders sit around a table to discuss politics, thousands drop dead in the battlefields every day, riddled with bullets or blown to bits! Men, women, children... the people in power wouldn't even spare a single glance for them! That's why... I'll keep moving forward, no matter how painful it is. The world can resent me as much as they want once this is all over, but at the very least, they'd be ALIVE then!"

Wish:
    "Aah, I wonder... is there anything else? Whatever I wish for, whatever I create... I have a feeling humans will find a way to twist it into an abomination regardless, so why should it matter..? I... I want to believe in humanity. I truly do. So... yes, I suppose this should be an acceptable wish. Please prove to me that humanity is a species worth believing in. If I can see even the tiniest spark of light at the end of this hopeless road, maybe..."

A soft-spoken, mild-mannered gentleman unfitting of his Class. He wants nothing to do with his past life and spends most of his time painting and writing. In this state, even so much as being called a scientist is enough to upset him. At least, that is how he is usually, so long as the topic of his inventions remain out of the discussion, and without the shadows influencing him.

In truth, Avenger is a man filled with regrets and single-mindedly determined to "fix" his mistake. He is an idealist, his head filled with grand visions of universal disarmament and world peace. At the same time, he is a realist with very little faith in humanity. Decades of pain and disappointment at their hands left him a pessimist in comparison to his younger self. He still believes in peace, but he acknowledges that lofty ideals and empty discussions alone aren't enough to realize it. After all, according to his own words, "Good wishes alone will not ensure peace.". Thus, he hates warmongering privateers and hypocrites most of all; those who preach endlessly of peace and safety while doing no tangible action to ensure it, or worse, actively fanning the flames of war.

As a Servant, Avenger retains (most of) his pacifist mindset. He generally keeps combat as a last-resort option and despises having to use his first Noble Phantasm for the purpose of "destroying" things. Even if he finds himself engaged in battle, he is reluctant to kill, instead settling for disarming or permanently crippling (if necessary, with no other options) the target to the point they can absolutely do no harm to themselves or others. Terrifyingly enough, he's seemingly capable of turning off his own "humanity" in the face of his worst enemies, crippling them one vital organ at a time and subjecting them to a slow, painful death through his shadows and explosions with a dead, empty look in his eyes. He claims to take no pleasure in these killings, insisting that he's simply "teaching them about the pain they put others through".

Relationships
    Florence Nightingale:
    "If it isn't the Angel of Crimea herself. I heard a bit about you in my youth, back when I was still working under my father. Er, thank you for your service. For all you've done. For showing me that there's still light to be found even amidst that bloody war."

Oichi:
    "...It's saddening to know just how many centuries passed between your time and mine, and seeing humanity still embroiled in the same conflicts. Seeing a mother separated from her children is always a terrible thing. I know I bear no responsibility in the tragedies that you suffered, but if there's anything at all I can do to ease your pain, you only have to ask."

Reynard the Fox & Isengrim the Wolf:
    "It would have been one thing if man keep their darkest impulses confined to their fairy tales, but... we just can't do that now, can we? If only it's that simple..."

Little Boy & Fat Man:
    "Aah... so I was wrong, huh..? See, at one point, I thought that humanity needed a weapon so terrible to show them just how terrible war can be. A single super-weapon that would cause war itself to be impossible. Yet this... even with the threat of mutual destruction, it's not enough! You can say that it prevents another world war, but it's still far from eradicating war in its entirety! It's not enough, it's not enough! ...I suppose a different approach is necessary..."

John F. Kennedy:
    "Hmm... your term came with its fair share of sins, but I suppose that Partial Test Ban Treaty was a step in the right direction. I doubt complete worldwide nuclear disarmament will be coming anytime soon without my intervention, but you've done your part well enough."

Heinrich Schliemann:
    "You... ugh, control yourself, Nobel! Ahem, destructive as your methods are... at least you're not using them on humans. I'm sure your fellow archaeologists have a lot to say about your actions, but you won't hear anything from me. Er, just... try to keep everyone in a safe distance before doing your 'excavations', all right?"

Christian Caldwell:
    "I suppose this is just how humans are. Even in a time of relative peace, they just can't help but create new enemies to fight, and new monsters to hunt. How pitiful. You? A servant of God? Don't make me laugh. If anything, God is just a tool you use to justify your atrocities. Now... allow me to set you free of those delusions."

W.T. Stead:
    "You are... no, I suppose you are at least tolerable. If only there was someone like you back then... yes, perhaps you could have saved me. You could have saved all of us. Please keep that idealism alive, even in this loathsome world. I have a feeling it will take you far."

Ismail al-Jazari:
    "World peace, you say..? Yes, it is wonderful to meet someone who understands my vision. If these inventions of mine can be used for anything other than killing... then I shall lend you my support. Come, let us rid this world of 'evil', as you say."

William Randolph Hearst:
    "You... YOU! Ah, AHAHAH! It's hilarious! It's just hilarious to see how oblivious you are! Do you fancy yourself an enlightened mastermind manipulating the mindless sheep? No, in fact, it's the exact opposite! You are nothing more than a slave. A slave to the self-destructive whims of the masses. And so long as you remain a slave, the wide-eyed dreamers and the brilliant minds who sought to leave actual, lasting positive changes in this world will be the ones to suffer in your wake. Now... if I were to use my Noble Phantasm on you...just how many unfortunate souls would jump at the chance to tear you apart, I wonder?"

Gustav Krupp:
    "Scum. The lowest of the low. You're the sort of human trash who would keep a war running forever if it means the tiniest increase to your profits. You'll receive no mercy from me. I'm sure many of your victims would be eager to have your head, but I'm afraid I can't grant their request this time around. Why? Because after I'm done with you, the only thing left will be a few stains on the wall. Now, that cannon you're holding right now... it wouldn't happen to be the type that relies on nitroglycerin, now... would it?"

Alberto Santos-Dumont:
    "I see, so the same thing happened to you, too... as a fellow innovator, you have my deepest sympathies. Still... I suppose we both know what needs to be done next. Clip their wings. Tie their hands behind their backs. If that's not enough, cripple them altogether, prevent humans from making any more machines of destruction. It pains us, to see our inventions used in that manner, and having to destroy them is most certainly painful, but... it's for humanity's own good. They might resent us for it, but at least they'd be alive to resent us."

"James J. Kilroy":
    "Shh, it's all right. You don't have to laugh. You don't have to lie to yourselves. You don't have to force yourselves to keep fighting anymore. Very soon, you'll finally be able to go home and return to your families. I just need a little while longer. I'll make sure of it, so please... don't look at me with such pity in your eyes!"

Unknown Soldier:
    "Is war a byproduct of innovation, or is innovation a byproduct of war? Isn't that practically a chicken-or-the-egg question? I can't deny that some of humanity's greatest inventions had been made amidst wartime, but whenever I see people like them... is it really worth it? Is stagnation really such a bad thing? What value is there in progress if it's built atop a mountain of corpses!? In a world without either of the Great Wars... maybe your lives would have been a bit more difficult than they are now, but at the very least, they'd still be alive! What could be more important than that!? Than preserving life itself!?"

Bond CE

"Father... why do you make tools that kill people? Is there another war coming?"
    "Fortunately not anytime soon, son, but should it ever come... these explosives will protect the country, and all our loved ones with it."
    ---

My father was wrong.
    By the time the dynamite was invented, war was no longer about protecting anyone.
    ...or perhaps it never was.

A single well-placed dynamite can kill dozens.
    Several of them can take out hundreds. Thousands. Possibly more. All at the click of a button.
    Now imagine what an entire factory's worth of dynamites can do.

Killing became easier than ever, and the price of human life became cheaper than ever.

In the old days, when you run a sword through someone, you'd have to see the sorrow, the pain, and the horror that filled their eyes in their final moments.
    Now? You can sit comfortably, miles away from the battlefield, and wipe out thousands off the face of the earth, all by pressing that big red button.

By then, war became even more meaningless than before... though I doubt there was ever meaning to it in the first place.
    There was no noble reason for it.
    It's nothing more than another industry.
    Another tool for votes and coins.
    Another game you can watch from the comfort of your living room, blissfully ignorant to the suffering of the men in the front lines.

It wasn't supposed to be like this.
    The dynamite was not meant to be a weapon.
    Killing- the act of irreversibly snuffing out the life of another human being- should not be something accomplished so easily.
    War should not be something so seemingly... trivial in this day and age.
    Human lives are priceless and should be cherished.
    Everything, all I ever hoped for, all I ever wanted to achieve...

"Emil, Ludvig, Robert... has the skies always been filled with this much fire and smoke? Our dream back then... just where did it all go wrong..?"

Creator's notes
    All right, so with him added to the mix, how many edgy bois do we have in this contest now? Again, I'm surprised that no one has done this guy before in any of the threads. I think this is probably my second most famous Servant here after Beethoven.

- The fc is the one thing that stumped me the longest in this sheet. I already have a vague idea of his skillset and character pretty early on, but none of the fcs I have seemed to fit. Alternate fcs I considered include Yasuke Matsuda (Danganronpa, too few fanarts), Takuto Maruki (P5, closer to a doctor than a scientist in general, and I feel like I'd better save him for someone else), Enoch Drebber (Great Ace Attorney, too goofy), Okabe Rintaro (Steins;Gate, too plain, not edgy enough), Dottore (Genshin, too crazy), and a bunch of guys from otome/rhythm games which didn't really fit either. Ultimately I settled on Albedo, but I'm still feeling a little iffy on him too. I think the lack of ominous susbedo art really made this sheet... a little less edgy than it's supposed to be. Oh well.

- Very early in the development, his NP was originally just going to be a watered-down version of Killer Queen. Then I decided I could go further with his whole "father of modern explosives" schtick. Now instead of making an NP that causes things to go boom, we have an NP that also allows him to make things not go boom, or causes things to go boom-ier or less boom-y. Yep, that should be a much better idea.
    :umu:

- My next sheet will be a more wholesome one... I wish. Hopefully. Idk if it'll be here or in the main thread, though.
    Last edited by BnEl15; February 13th, 2023 at 12:28 PM.