Page 269 of 369 FirstFirst ... 169219259264267268269270271274279319 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,380 of 7368

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Blog Entries
    Good job, Pine. Can't say I'm too surprised. People love a good story, and they help make a Servant stick in people's minds. I would also like to say to Del that I had a decent variety in who I mentioned, though I don't think I put in the newest comers.

You all chose this though. I built my candidacy on Morbin Time, and you rejected it. Now, it shall forever be a mad dream.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries
    a decent variety without me is a bad variety
    at least in your case, hun
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, congratulations to Pine for the double win, and to everyone across the board! Can't wait to see if December manages to top this, but at the very least I can expect a damn interesting prompt, considering who will be giving it!

Well done everyone!

Also, I'm not completely convinced if you are right Del, but I will admit it is a bit strange that the grouping was they way it was.
    Gaze upon the Throne of Heroes!(Servant Compendium)

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Looking back my votes are a mix of newcomer (sutaa, Scotcheroos) and veteran (pinetree, NMR-3), the ratio depending on where you count Kamera with 1829 posts.

Blog Entries
    sutaa is actually a veteran too.
    the beast of fat man and little boy were his iirc

University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    I wonder if we can graph it.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    sutaa is actually a veteran too.
    the beast of fat man and little boy were his iirc
    Hmm, what defines a veteran though? Says he only has 75 posts which is fairly small compared to some regulars here. Do you mean this thread specifically?

Blog Entries
    Huh, do I count as a veteran or not, given how long I was away from BL? Or does veteran here just mean for Contests?

Blog Entries
    Hmm, how to explain
    Think of it as sheets have trends
    And from these trends a generation is formed which influences itself. Then a new trend emerges with new people participating in it. Newcomers or those who return see it as the new norm and appreciate it as it is.
    Familiarity does the rest.
    I know i have a bias towards those i "grew up with here".
    But our output dwindled and a new generation now reins the CaS with new styles. I generalize my experience to newer ones here. Familiarity and nostalgia are subconscious factors in voting.
    Or to make it even simpler for europeans - Eurovision Song Contest. You tend to vote for your neighbors, but also give points to bangers deserving it.
    Thats the rough logic behind it

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

...I know no cure for evil. DracoScribe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    YAY! Sarashina won!

I mean there was some difficulties with vote count...

But still! Congrags pinetree! And congrats to the rest of the winners as well! Man I find it very funny my first Servant contest foray just also happened to be one of the biggest turnouts yet. That was wild. and i still need to update the relationship sections of cope & marsh and petrus & catherine Good job to my fellow newcomers! And good luck too for future sheets. I know I'll want some for mine. XD Hope to see you all for the next contest! And hope I'll be free enough to participate then too.

Now then...

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    Petrus & Catherine Gonzalvus

Okay, I’m listening.
    I’M LISTENING, BUT I WISH I DIDN’T. BECAUSE NOW I’M IN LOVE WITH TWO PEOPLE IN LOVE, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO.
    I’m beyond honored I could inspire, if only a little, this amazing sheet – because this is what it is. Amazing. I love some good ol’ fashioned romance, and seeing a Servant being just that, a pair that is in love and isn’t ashamed of that, it’s so… Refreshing. Their tale is sad, but here they are today, persevering. And that’s inspiring. It helps a lot that one of them is a furry, yes, it helps tremendously. P.S: Kinkshaming is bad, children, don’t do that.
    I'm laughing but also in disbelief you love them so much.
    What do you mean a little?! You inspired a lot! Well, it feels like a lot for me since your format was what really got me off my feet to actually start making sheets... Either way...I'm glad you think it's amazing. As I said, Beauty and the Beast is dear to me so I'm glad the sheet does them and the "real ones" justice. Also yes to furries. I'm a sucker for anthros too.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    2 PTS
    Petrus & Catherine Gonsalvus

As a sucker for good and sappy romances from time to time, as anyone does, this Servant spoke to me. It's a simple idea and by all means shouldn't be this good, but the characters carried. They're the soul of this sheet, and they make everything charming and worthy of your investment.
    Aaaahhhhh thanks for the vote.

Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Whew, I was worried there for a second.
    Worried that this crappy meme wouldn't get to see the light of day.

...i know explaining the joke makes it not funny but like
    my mind can't help but want to knoooow because i dont the joke

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Took me a bit to get my first win, and now I get two in a roll? I'm ecstatic everyone, thank you so much to those who voted and/or commented on her. I wish I had the time right now to go and respond to all the comments she and Christian got.
    I'm glad she managed to connect with so many people, either as a character or as a message. Hopefully some of you will try out the Lady's book too!
    You're welcome! Seriously. She's great.
    Also yes I'm totally gonna try the book.
    If I remember to do so...
    ...anyone know a place I could get an audiobook of it?

Also, I swear my prompt will be simpler this time around lol
    You were the one to suggest "Unusual Summoning" right? I wouldn't mind something like that again. I mean it led to O-O-O and Hachiko-Xolotl.
    Although then again I'd probably tearing my hair out over it if that was the prompt I started on. XD

No, you're right. Mine was before WF's, but that's the closest you can get to winning in a row since we don't participate when it's our own prompts.
    Oh wait, that's a thing? Huh. I didn't know that. Is that a rule or something...? I didn't see it mentioned in the OP.
    Author of:
    Persona 5: Refraction (SV link; FF.net link)
    "You didn't have to fight for me, you know." "And you didn't have to curl your hair so we'll look even more alike." Ren stared before he softly chuckled, Akira joining him not long after. With one simple decision as a child, Ren Amamiya goes to Tokyo alongside his little sister, Akira. (P5R Sibling AU) (Ren/Ann, Akechi/Fem!Akira)
    Chapter 55 on: April 24, 2024 (GMT +8:00)
    Velvet Throne
    My list of my Servants! Still small for now.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ...i know explaining the joke makes it not funny but like
    my mind can't help but want to knoooow because i dont the joke
    So I first found an article on her somewhere a while ago. Lacking the creative juices to develop her into a full sheet, I posted her on the womb thread, in case anyone's interested in her story and feel like they can write a sheet out of her, then pine took her, and I essentially got beat in a contest by my own idea. Curses, foiled by my own worst enemy, myself!

In all seriousness, Sarashina really deserves the win, tho. Pine did an amazing job telling her story. Even got me reading the book too.
    Last edited by BnEl15; October 31st, 2022 at 07:12 AM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DracoScribe
    Oh wait, that's a thing? Huh. I didn't know that. Is that a rule or something...? I didn't see it mentioned in the OP.
    It's not really a rule I guess, it's just that no one does it. Kinda unfair since you can know the prompt a month before anyone else.

Blog Entries
    congrats to all winners, it was such an intense month. Not to mention, all creators that pour either their last two brain cells or their grand masterpiece (depending on how you feel about your sheet lol for mine it's both), thank you for the good work
    Should this uptick in users engagement continues, December's looking bright
    Would appreciate it if you check either of these links below
    --- Fate/Antediluvian Hymn: Equilibrium of Chaos and Order ---

THE THRONE OF HEROES
    thanks for the Visit!

Blog Entries
    It's not really a rule I guess, it's just that no one does it. Kinda unfair since you can know the prompt a month before anyone else.
    I actually did participate in my own prompt, although I didn't expect to win.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    Hmm, how to explain
    Think of it as sheets have trends
    And from these trends a generation is formed which influences itself. Then a new trend emerges with new people participating in it. Newcomers or those who return see it as the new norm and appreciate it as it is.
    Familiarity does the rest.
    I know i have a bias towards those i "grew up with here".
    But our output dwindled and a new generation now reins the CaS with new styles. I generalize my experience to newer ones here. Familiarity and nostalgia are subconscious factors in voting.
    Or to make it even simpler for europeans - Eurovision Song Contest. You tend to vote for your neighbors, but also give points to bangers deserving it.
    Thats the rough logic behind it
    I second that.

I think it was over a year ago when I developed my current style of sheet making, and while I won't call myself influential or whatever, I know that at the time it was a bit change for the thread, incorporating some aspects of my previous formats to create a more well rounded one.

I've waxed and waned in the threads ever since, and I'm glad to see the newcomers pick up the slack.

I look forward to keep competing here, and to eventually pick up from where I left off. I'm rather fond of the community and I hope I haven't made any of you guys think I didn't care about it.

Blog Entries
    Well looks like this was a heck of a contest this month! Had to skip this prompt, personally, bc I felt i couldn't derive anything from it, but that was apparently a very uncommon stance!

'Grats to the winners, looking forward to the next round, and to that secret santa project

Blog Entries
    soon

Blog Entries
    Very soon
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It’s even imminent, perhaps.

Blog Entries
    It should be approaching steadily

Create-a-Servant 4 soon.