Page 4 of 367 FirstFirst ... 2345691454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Blog Entries
    You sure you want to give criticism for the sheet? I'm competing with you (technically, I'm not really competition but still), so you are kind of aiding the opposition. Saber is one of my worst Servant Classes so I was kind of doomed with writing this up, sorry that it wasn't too helpful. Also... first Saber-Class Servant? Was the previous one so forgettable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    Summer Events: Deepest Lore.
    These are my Servant and Master sheets I hope you enjoy reading them:
    Servant And Master Sheets

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sherlock1110 View Post
    You sure you want to give criticism for the sheet? I'm competing with you (technically, I'm not really competition but still), so you are kind of aiding the opposition. Saber is one of my worst Servant Classes so I was kind of doomed with writing this up, sorry that it wasn't too helpful. Also... first Saber-Class Servant? Was the previous one so forgettable?
    Who even remembers Jean? What a forgettable hero.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sherlock1110 View Post
    Haha, I did think of that while writing up my critique, trust me. Not really worried about that though, and besides I've already commented on two other sheets here anyways. Let's just say that I want to see you make your sheet the best it can be, and if that means things get a little more competitive on my end then that's fine by me.

Though... if I was really competitive, what I'd do is give deliberately bad advice in an attempt to sabotage other's sheets. Thankfully for everyone here I'm not that manipulative, or sociopathic for that matter.

...Or at least, that's what I want you to think mwahahahahahaaa!!! *cough cough*

- - - Updated - - -

And yeah, I admit to totally forgetting about Rousseau, particularly since I (obviously mis-)remembered you saying that your entry in this contest would be your first ever Saber sheet...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Though... if I was really competitive, what I'd do is give deliberately bad advice in an attempt to sabotage other's sheets. Thankfully for everyone here I'm not that manipulative, or sociopathic for that matter.

...Or at least, that's what I want you to think mwahahahahahaaa!!! *cough cough*
    Eh, my response was a bit rude in retrospect. And don't worry, I don't take on advice at all as my sheets become slowly more and more wanked and broken. My quest for the most obscure British bureaucrat possible continues! (Gains Mental Pollution)

Source: Ayakashi (yeah I only get FC from this game because I am lazy)

Identity: El Cid Campeador
    Title: “The Lord”
    Alternative Classes: Rider
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Background: Rodrigo Díaz de Vivar, known as El Cid by the Moors, and El Campeador by the Christians, was an outstanding warrior and military leader of medieval Spain. An assiduous reader of Greek and Roman military tactics, his talents were soon realized by the Castillian court. After his first lord died, he was forced into an exile, joining the forces of the moors in Zaragoza. Worked for and fought against both Christians and Moors, and in the end of his life founded a short-lived dynasty in Valencia, making it a kingdom of acceptance and union and becoming a hero for both cultures.
    Strength – B
    Endurance – D
    Agility – C
    Mana – C
    Luck – A
    Noble Phantasm – B+
    Weaponry: Saber wields two swords, Tizona and Colada.
    Armor: Saber wears light armor.

Skills
    Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance (D) – Grants protection against magical effects. At this rank cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy.
    Riding (B) – The ability to ride mounts or to handle vehicles. Saber can handle most vehicles with above average skill. However, he cannot ride the likes of Phantasm Races such as Monstrous Beasts.

Personal Skills:
    Charisma (B) – The natural talent to command an army. Increases the ability of allies during group battles. Saber's rank is suitable for a king of a country.
    Military Tactics (A) – Tactical knowledge used not for one-on-one combat situations, but for battles where many are mobilized. Saber has high knowledge of military tactics and could lead troops of different cultures and succeed.
    Independent Action (B) – The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the Magical Energy supply from the Master. Saber is able to maintain himself two days without an established contract with a Master.

NP
    Noble Phantasm:

Colada
    Willpower
    Anti-Unit / D

One of the two fabled swords owned by El Cid. Like its sister blade Tizona, it was said to be a sword that used the bravery of the wielder, and a not useful in the hands of the unworthy.

Colada is the weapon of choice of Saber, and he will use it most of the time. It is a sword made of condensed steel, whose blade was so heavy that no warrior could lift it. Its weight is just a test of bravery. Those who prove being a true brave can lift it as if the blade was made of wood. So, the sight of seeing this blade raised skyward in the battlefield caused terror to those who had to fight.

The strength of Colada is defined by the dignity of Saber’s opponents. Those who are worth adversaries may fight against this blade in its full power, whose a single strike could break any armor.

Tizona
    Warcry
    Anti-Army / B+

The second sword of El Cid. Tizona was propriety of a Moor King, and was then taken by victorious El Cid. It was the most famous weapon of the hero, and it was famed as a sword that could intimidate an entire enemy army.

Tizona is a blade similar to Colada, but much more powerful. Saber keeps it sheathed unless it is really needed. To remove it from its sheath, its true name must be evoked, and by finally taking it on hands, a thunderous shockwave will be generated, and each following strike will recreate this phenomena.

The strength of Tizona’s attacks are dependent on Saber’s bravery and courage. While its blade is exposed, every enemy Servant is constantly on an intimidating effect, attaching a - modifier is attached to their parameters and Skills.

My comments
    I honestly am not satisfied with this sheet, but I wanted to participate in this contest. It has been a long time since I made a sheet and I am also a bit busy and without creativity. El Cid is a great heroic spirit, but Sabers aren't my strength (although I really like my Godefroy and Himiko), I couldn't handle well his Noble Phantasms. There were a third NP that didn't made to it, about his life as a hero of both Christians and Moors, but I coudln't think on a effect for it... My first option for this was an Amir Arsalan sheet, and my second one was Ogier the Dane... I don't know if I made the best choice. Well, I guess I may be better in other classes lol

Blog Entries
    El Cid: I've seen enough sheets of this guy around (including the infamously overpowered one by Gryffyn) that yours looks a little bit generic unfortunately, though his NPs are at least somewhat distinct from what I've seen before (you didn't go with the usual fiery effect for Tizona, for one thing). Other then that, Magic Resistance feels a little too low for a decently old hero and Military Tactics way too high (no way should he have it higher then Alexander the Great).

Blog Entries
    Mm. I don't think constructive criticism is bad per se - I refrain since I don't think it's my place to evaluate until after the contest, but there's no real harm in well-intentioned input. That's not so much aiding the opposition as commenting on the work of your peers.

Personally, I will say it's a very diverse bunch so far which is nice to see! ^^ I was shy to post mine prematurely, but it's blossomed nicely.

Signature by fumato

Blog Entries
    Oh and I forgot to ask, Hakuro, but seeing as they're both Spanish heroes, how do you think El Cid would interact with my Pedro de Alvarado?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    Personally, I will say it's a very diverse bunch so far which is nice to see! ^^ I was shy to post mine prematurely, but it's blossomed nicely.
    Honestly, your Damocles was one of the most creative and fun ideas in the contest so far IMO. I'll probably vote for it unless some absolutely amazing stuff comes out later on...

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm gonna do commentary for all of them when voting begins. Also I made some tweaks to Charlemagne Alter's first two NP's to correct the drunked addledness that hampered most of it.

El Cid: I've seen enough sheets of this guy around (including the infamously overpowered one by Gryffyn) that yours looks a little bit generic unfortunately, though his NPs are at least somewhat distinct from what I've seen before (you didn't go with the usual fiery effect for Tizona, for one thing). Other then that, Magic Resistance feels a little too low for a decently old hero and Military Tactics way too high (no way should he have it higher then Alexander the Great).
    I am not that good making Sabers, (although I wish this contest was before I posting my Himiko or Godefroy, they were good materials). One day I may try to redo that El Cid with more creativity. About the Skills, I may change the Tactics for B+ or something like that, I wanted to make it over B because most of the tacticians worked with armies of their own culture, and I believe working with very different armies, that have a different culture on how to battle, may get a little more rank. Also, most of the people that get this skills were very powerful Kings. El Cid was a person that get his fame almost purely on his tactics. About Magic Resistance, he never fought something magic on his stories, so idk, maybe raise to C.

About Pedro, well, I believe El Cid would see the conquer of America differently. More to how older Empires worked. Conquer the American Native Civilizations, but not destroy their culture and authority, just make them subordinated to Spain? So I don't think he would like the conquistadores.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Saber

"You see this sword? Well everything that's within its reach is under my protection, and anyone who disrupts that, no matter who they are...gets cut down."

True Name: Kondō Isami
    Title: "The Commander of the Shinsengumi"
    Origin: Historical
    Region: Japan (Edo Period)
    Catalyst: His sword "Kotetsu"
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Dislikes: People who disrupt the peace
    Talents: Swordsmanship
    Natural Enemy: The Meiji Government

Personality:
    The calm and collected commander of the Shinsengumi. He acted as the balance between the ridgedly serious Hijikata and the goofy slacker Okita. Kondō believed strongly in the ways of the samurai so while he will be fiercely loyal to any Master that summons him, he shall not overlook any actions that harm innocent civilians. While he is a great warrior, he was still essentially a medieval policeman and knows little of magecraft or the skills of espionage to fight in a Holy Grail War and thus would be most effective when paired with a Master who does possess those skills and know how to use Kondō effectively. His wish upon the Grail would be to undo his rigged trial, not to save himself but to avert the fact that he took the fall for the assassination of Sakamoto Ryōma while the real murderer walked free. Gaining justice for the victim and clearing his name.

Parameters:
    STR: (B) END: (C) AGI: (B) MGI: (E) LCK: (D)

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance - (C)
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. At this rank, cancel spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals. Gains a slight boost against Japanese related Magecraft.

Riding - (B)
    Denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill, even vehicles that did not exist in the time period one was alive in for they are no exception. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts.

Personal Skills:
    Charisma (C)
    A composite Skill consisting of a person's charm as well as the natural talent to command or unify an army or country. Kondō was the beloved commander of the Shinsengumi, acting as both their father and teacher. At his word, this group of uncooperative misfits would come together as an effective police force.

Eye for Art (B)
    The infatuation with works of art. Kondō was a budding scholar who read countless books in his spare time. If he witnesses a Noble Phantasm with literary connections then there's a chance he may be able to recognise it.

Tennen Rishin Ryū
    Natural Comprehension of the Spirit
    (A+)
    A school of martial art associated with the Shinsengumi, consisting of swordsmanship, staff techniques and hand to hand combat. Kondō was the fourth generation Master and taught it to his comrades in the Shinsengumi. As such, Kondō has the highest rank in this Skill and his swordsmanship is to be feared even by others in the Saber class. Also, if he faces another opponent with this Skill then theirs will suffer a Rank Down.

Noble Phantasm:

Kotetsu - False Sword of Justice (C) [Anti-Unit]
    The sword is not actually called "Kotetsu" but that name is engraved onto the handle and called as such because it restricts the bloodthirsty sword's power. Nevertheless, if an offering of sake is poured down the blade then a portion of the sword's power is unleashed. The blade becomes so sharp that if swung in a perfect arc then the slash will continue traveling through the air towards the target. These "air slashes" are capable of travelling up to 400 meters and are even faster than bullets but become spread out and less effective the further they travel. The main advantage of this NP is to put pressure on an enemy at mid-range, allowing Kondō to close the gap to fight at short range where he is strongest. This trick is preformed by the combination of the sharpness of the blade and the user's master swordsmanship so not just anyone can do it if they hold the blade. The drawback of this NP is that it only lasts for three minutes before the sword needs cleaning. Using it for any longer than that and the sword risks breaking from rust that builds up from heat and moisture caused by the sake. Kondō refuses to use this NP in an area with people about as it's difficult to control and could easily harm a bystander.

Minamoto no Kiyomaro - Demon of Carnage (A) [Anti-Unit]
    Simply calling the sword by its true name isn't enough to awaken its potential. It must have a taste of its user's blood run down the blade first. Once this is done, the blade no longer cuts the air, but the "distance" itself between the user and the target thus eliminating range advantage the enemy might have. Because the attack is now bending space, concepts such as "speed" and "range" become irrelevant and even those of the Archer class are in danger. Alternatively, this NP is very useful for striking down large numbers of attackers from a single position which makes it slightly advantageous as a counter to Anti-Army NPs. Ultimately though, both NPs are still attacks from a sword and if an enemy has sufficient defences (e.g. "Armor of Fafnir") then they would be able to shrug it off. Obviously, this power is only useful if Kondō can actually see the target so an enemy would be wise to use visual obstructions until they can get in close to strike. The sword requires continuous offerings of blood to stay active and the amount of blood loss causes Kondō to suffer a Rank Down in his Parameters so it's best to use this NP to keep an enemy at bay.

Lore:

Born Katsugorō Miyagawa to a family of farmers, yet was more interested in reading literature like "Forty-seven Ronin" and "Romance of the Three Kingdoms". When young Katsugorō defended his house from a bunch of thieves he caught the attention of Kondō Shūsuke, the third generation master of the Tennen Rishin-ryū. Shūsuke wasted no time in adopting the boy and taught him the ways of a samurai. After becoming the fourth generation master of the Tennen Rishin-ryū, the young man changed his name to Kondō Isami. As the Tokugawa Shogunate's rule started to weaken, they gathered as many Ronin as they could and formed a group called the Shinsengumi to guard the capital of Kyoto, with Kondō as their commander. However, their heyday was short lived as after five years as the Shogunate was overthrown and the Shinsengumi was disbanded. Even worse, Kondō was arrested on false accusations of being the culprit behind the assassination of political activist Sakamoto Ryōma. Kondō was subsequently executed at only 33 years old and the real culprit was never discovered. It seems that Kondō's family was cursed at that point as his only daughter died at 24 and his grandson was Killed in Action as a young soldier in the Russo-Japanese war, thus ending the bloodline.

Creator's Notes
    So I was originally just going to post this in the regular thread, but seeing as it's a gathering of Sabers, I figured I might as well stick it here first and then the revised version in the original thread later. So anyway, I was surprised by the fact that Kondō didn't have a prior sheet. Okita and Hijikata's popularity too stronk I guess. I wanted to keep him in line with the other Shinsengumi members in that they were all just incredibly amazing swordsmen, no beam swords or anything too ridiculous. I was initially struggling to think up what his NP would be since there isn't as much famous about him specifically outside of being the leader. I eventually settled on his sword "Kotetsu" which was always debated over whether it was a true sword crafted by the legendary swordsmith "Nagasone Kotestu" or by his rival "Minamoto no Kiyomaro" and I had the idea (borrowed from Bleach) of calling a sword by the wrong name to limit its power. Then all that was left was it's power, and as I was staring at the (generic hero) quote at the top of the sheet, it got me thinking about the range of a sword and how it could work into a Noble Phantasm. As usual, all comments and criticisms are welcome. ^_^
    Last edited by Skull; July 21st, 2017 at 12:09 PM.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Kondo: Pretty cool. The NPs are simple, but creative and work quite effectively. You didn't explain the - modifier in his Charisma, though. I assume it's because his squad turned on him or something, but it might be nice to clarify it.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You didn't explain the - modifier in his Charisma, though. I assume it's because his squad turned on him or something, but it might be nice to clarify it.
    Huh...I didn't even notice it was there. I must have hit minus at the same time as close bracket. Thanks for catching it for me, as I sure as hell don't proofread my work.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Hello there, I'm not used to this sort of thing but I thought I'd give it a try. I'm doing a retool of a Saber I used for a long-dead idea of mine.

-"Oh, heaven help me. What kind of lousy Master are you? I can only defend you as long as you're behind my shield; if you don't pick up the pace you're getting left behind."

Class: Saber
    True Name: Janos Hunyadi "The White Knight of Wallachia"
    Other Classes: Shielder, Rider
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Place of Origin: Hungary

Parameters:
    STR: A
    END: B+
    AGI: C
    MAN: D
    LUK: C

Height: 184cm
    Weight: 83kg
    Dislikes: Treachery, Islam, Ottomans, Men named "Vlad"
    Talent: Convincing men of high and low birth to cooperate
    Natural Enemy: Vlad II Dracul, Sultan Mehmed
    Attribute: Human
    Traits: Lord, Riding, Christian
    Armament: A gleaming-white broadsword with a crimson-tinted groove and a grip of similar color; a plain, metallic kite shield trimmed by knotted white cloth

Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance: B+
    This skill is improved by the enchantments upon his shield, which guarded him from the court mages of the encroaching Ottoman Empire.

Riding: C
    Saber rides upon his bay steed with confidence and solid skill, but he is more comfortable on foot.

Personal Skills:
    Military Tactics: C+
    Saber fights best with an army to command, and excels in defensive warfare as well as non-conventional movements.

Battlefield Mediation: B
    A permutation of the Charisma skill representing Saber's capacity to lead an army regardless of its makeup, fostering cooperation and support even among soldiers from opposing factions, so long as they are both under his banner. Conflicts and resentments between Saber's followers are nullified for the duration of their operation beneath him, though they will return once they return to independent action.

Defender of the Faith:
    A+
    A fervent fighter against opposing religious groups who would invade his homeland and wipe away his own faith. Receives a bonus in combat equivalent to a rank-up against any opponent whose faith or lack of one has been historically opposed to his own. Faiths which have never interacted or inspired mass conflict/bloodshed do not invoke this skill.

Noble Phantasm:
    Raven's Crest - Mark of the White Knight of Christendom
    Type: Anti-Army, Self
    When first summoned, Saber's shield is plain and possesses no distinctive markings or hues to betray his true identity. In this form his shield possesses many enchantments and serves as a weaker, passive Noble Phantasm that functions as a strong but not noteworthy defense. However, by invoking its true name, Saber may willingly reveal his name and status to all combatants opposing him. Upon doing so the metal of his shield takes on a beautiful blue color, and a painted black raven becomes visible upon its surface. His personal coat of arms is made for all to see, and his status as the ultimate defender of his state and his religion stated. His personal parameters receive a significant upgrade, and the shield's companion sword begins to thirst for the blood of invaders, dealing bonus damage to any foe identifiable as an "invader" or "conqueror". In addition, should Saber be guarding a fortification or base of operations when his Noble Phantasm is activated, any Christian defenders it possesses receive a great boost to their stamina and morale

The Noon Bell - A Moment's Repose For the Faithful
    Type: Defensive
    A circumstantial Noble Phantasm that plays to Saber's strength at defending the land from would-be conquerors. To acquire the ability to use The Noon Bell, Saber and his Master must first acquire territory in the form of a settlement with a human population which worships the same Heavenly Father as he. At this point, Saber may use an ability similar to Item Creation to craft a bell that he shall place in the tallest building of his territory. So long as Saber maintains this territory, the bell shall strike once at precisely noon each day. In this moment, the prayers of his charges reach him; each one grants him an increase to his physical parameters, as well as his defensive capabilities, until noon the following day.

Overview:
    Spoiler:
    The godly, fervent defender of Hungary. Janos Hunyadi. Though born of Wallachia, he is famed most as a Hungarian baron, knight and general who led its armies against many foes, including both the mighty Ottoman Empire and Transylvania. In wars and crusades, he found great esteem for himself as not just a warrior but a leader of men who could turn even discordant foes into a diligent fighting force, uniting them through their common faith and common foes. His governance and deal-making skills served in peace and war alike, and his successes for Christianity left behind a legacy and traditions that are remembered even today, despite coming from origins that can no longer even be remembered.

As a Saber, Hunyadi comes to his master not as a grizzled war veteran but as a youthful court knight in his physical prime. His armor is white and pristine, with Biblical verses etched in every corner and groove. Saber's face is almost prettier than it is handsome, and his light brown eyes are sharp and focused. His hair is white like snow, belying his age, and further exaggerating his pure image. Saber may be best suited as a defensive fighter leading troops, but his personality at least in youth clashes with his talents. He is aggressive and daring in battle, pressing forward and never taking back a single step that he makes. Unlike most Sabers, his sword is not his Noble Phantasm, but the companion to his mighty shield. It is a weapon suited to quick motions, stabbing inward to exploit wild swings and aggressive bashes from his shield.

He conspicuously lacks the patience that comes with age which might be observed within the Shielder or Rider classes. Though his talent is unmistakable the arrogance of youth makes him a difficult servant for an unsuspecting Master, and his whims are subject to his fervent faith. In fact, that faith might be called the young, hotheaded knight's only positive point. He is kind and attentive to the innocent, and makes time to see to the needs of his charges even in the midst of a war; his refusal to forget their needs makes him popular with less-fortunate people that wind up within his territory, though this in turn leads to friction with the average mage's self-centered outlook. A Master that can tolerate his need to see to others' well-being, his recklessness, and his incompatibility with other faiths will find a steadfast guardian that will not back down from any opponent.

I'll be finishing it later tonight or tomorrow but I figured I'd post what I've got so I don't lose it. I guess since it's a contest asking is kind of dumb, but criticism is always welcome.
    Last edited by Flustered Saber; July 22nd, 2017 at 11:13 PM.

Blog Entries
    Flustered Saber: Say, were you drawn to get an account here because of the contest that's been going on? Always nice to have new entrants, in any case. Hunyadi is a pretty decent Servant, especially for your first. NPs are fairly simple concept-wise yet fleshed out enough to be interesting. (Even if I can't help but feel the first one would make him a better fit for the Shielder Class...)

I have a few critiques regarding his Skills though. Military Tactics is again too high (as I've said with Hakuro's El Cid sheet) and Battlefield Mediation really feels like it could just be Charisma (possibly with a + modifier representing his ability to unify discordant forces). On the other hand, I do like how you gave him a different faith-based Skill to contrast Vlad's.

Blog Entries
    Is this the mysterious challenger of this competition?

Say, were you drawn to get an account here because of the contest that's been going on?
    You're not wrong. I've lurked before but I never signed up. This seemed fun, and good practice. And thank you for the advice, I'll see about some edits when I finish the entry later. I see what you mean about Battlefield Mediation, but I wanted to stress cooperation/harmony with one another over following a dominant personality.

マリーの味方
    Quote Originally Posted by Flustered Saber View Post
    Hello there, I'm not used to this sort of thing but I thought I'd give it a try. I'm doing a retool of a Saber I used for a long-dead idea of mine.
    Long dead idea, as in that massive pastebin thing? Or are you referring to something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Long dead idea, as in that massive pastebin thing? Or are you referring to something else?
    It's not the pastebin thing, but it's related to it. It was sort of the predecessor of it, the scenario that led into it. I also wasn't aware anyone here knew about the pastebin.

夜属 Nightkin GilgameshKingOfMemes's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Thought I would give this contest a try and I ended up deciding to make an unusual and I'll admit loosely justified saber, I don't know how that will influence how people view my sheet.
    --------------------------------------
    Face Claim:
    Spoiler:

Source:
    https://wall.alphacoders.com/big.php?i=217776

Servant:
    Saber
    Alternate Classes: Caster
    True Name: Ariadne
    Alignment: True Neutral
    Place of Origin: Greece

Strength: D+
    Endurance: D
    Agility: A
    Mana: B+
    Luck: C+
    NP:B+

Lore:
    Ariadne, in Greek mythology, was the daughter of Minos, King of Crete,son of Zeus and his queen Pasiphaë, daughter of Helios.She is mostly associated with mazes and labyrinths because of her involvement in the myths of the Minotaur and Theseus. Her father put her in charge of the labyrinth where sacrifices were made as part of reparations (either to Poseidon or to Athena, depending on the version of the myth); later, she helped Theseus overcome the Minotaur and save the potential sacrificial victims. In other stories, she became the bride of the god Dionysus, with the question of her being mortal or a goddess varying in those accounts.

Personality:
    Ariadne is a cynical woman with a laid back attitude towards life. No longer the optimistic self she was in her youth Ariadne usually expects things to go wrong and doesn’t really care about what happens after being summoned. She usually doesn’t concern herself with more grand ideals or ideas but instead prefers to live a more humble life pursuing her hobbies unconcerned with what others have to say. Though very cynical when it comes to most romantic relationships she really loves Dionysus and still hopes for the best for others in their relationships.

Dislikes: Theseus, Bad Romances
    Talent: Dancing
    Natural Enemy: Theseus

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance (C)
    Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether. Cancels spells with a chant below two verses. Cannot defend against magecraft on the level of High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals. Living in the Age of Gods and being familiar with magic Saber has this skill at this Rank. With her knowledge of magic such as charms it is possible to boost the power of this skill somewhat.

Riding (E)
    a Class Skill of Rider and Saber class Servants, denoting the ability to ride mounts and vehicles. Rider-class Servants will typically possess a high rank. It is said that dragontype mounts are an exception, requiring a different ability other than Riding. A skill that really only exists because of her class container, at most she can ride a variety of animals do to having become an Earth Mother Goddess.

Personal Skills:
    Golden Rule (Beauty) (C)
    Worshipped often in conjunction with Aphrodite, often referred to as the cult of Aphrodite-Ariadne, Saber is often related with Aphrodite. In some accounts Aphrodite made Saber completely irresistible. This skill provides Saber with a Goddess like beauty gained from her relation to Aphrodite.

Affections of a God (EX)
    A Skill that denotes one being loved by a god. This love comes from Dionysus with Saber being his only partner to win his heart which is unusual for god's. Unlike Orion, Dionysus does not appear with Saber but instead for brief periods of time Saber can inherit some of his abilities. All of Sabers stats also get a rank up.

Choros (A+)
    Throughout a lot of her life and especially when she became a goddess Saber has been closely connected to Dancing. This skill denotes a mastery of a variety of dances that when performed produce a number of magical effects. The most famous of these dances would be the Geranos, I winding dance with twists and turns that was meant to represent traversing the Labyrinth. For the duration of this dance Saber can create an illusion of the original Labyrinth, it can be seen as a lesser form of an ability in a different class. Other effects include things such as inducing drunkenness, controlling nature and some theorize one of the dances she was involved in made her an embodiment of Athena for a short time by the end of it.

Divinity (A)
    The measure of whether one has Divine Spirit aptitude or not. At high levels one is treated as a mixed race of a Divine Spirit, and the level declines when the Heroic Spirit's own rank as a Monster or Demonic Beast raises. It can also decrease due to one's dislike for the gods. Those who have A Rank Divinity or above has reached the throne of a god. It also has an effect which reduces special defensive values called 'purge defense' in proportion to the Divinity's Rank. It can break through Skills such as Protection of the Faith and Enlightenment of the Sacred Fig. While she is justs a granddaughter of Helios, she possesses such a high ranking in divinity due to becoming a god after death, in particular she was an Earth Mother Goddess in Crete.

Noble Phantasms:
    Spoiler:
    Rites of Sorrow
    Forlorn Betrayal

Type: Anti-Unit

This is the Noble Phantasm that provides Ariadne the qualification for the Saber class. Though more strongly associated with Theseus, the magical sword like the thread originally belonged to Ariadne. Though this sword possessed specific magical abilities in life, in Ariadne hands those powers have been overwritten by anecdotes from her legend, specifically the sword has become an embodiment of the despair Ariadne felt when Theseus abandoned her. This sword contains a curse that causes Ariadne's own feelings of pain and despair to appear in the enemy, it is based somewhat on the rituals performed by her followers during events like funerals or festivals that would express mourning for her sorrow and death. The curse forces another to mourn her death by having them experience great pain and sorrow, the longer one clashes with this sword the more the curse will take root in their heart, though it can be resisted somewhat with magic resistance. Once the curse has built up to a certain point it can be activated, at first it feels as if the blade has been stabbed through their heart, it will proceed to rip the opponent apart from the inside as well as inducing trauma in the enemy. This Noble Phantasm is not fatal nor is it meant to be, its main use is to greatly weaken an enemy which can helpful considering Ariadne is lacking in swordsmanship. This Noble Phantasm is also extra painful to men, specifically it will also make them experience the pain that comes with childbirth as that was another part of the rituals this Noble Phantasm takes influence from.

Corona Borealis
    Crown of Stars

The crown of Ariadne serves as a symbol of Ariadne and Dionysus love for each other. Originally the crown of Thetis, Dionysus gave it to Ariadne for their marriage before placing it among the stars. The crown doesn’t have strong destructive power itself but rather the materialization of the crown does. Resembling the 9 gems of the crown it will seem as if the stars of the constellation Corona Borealis fall out of the sky, striking in attack powered by love it is not very different from Orions Tri-star Amore Mio. Once all 9 of these blasts have hit the ground, the crown materializes in the strike zone. Wearing the crown provides one magical effect, an incarnation of when Dionysus saved Ariadne from the underworld and made her a goddess, it is the crown of stars representing immortality, by wearing the crown Ariadne can be revived after death with only few attacks ever being able to negate this effect. Once this extra life has been used up however the crown will once again return to the heavens.

Ariadne's Thread
    The Guiding String

Ariadne's most iconic Noble Phantasm it is the ball of thread she gave to Theseus to guide him out of the Labyrinth. While a simple magic thread in life it has become an icon of Ariadne's legend and has grown to represent a variety things in the eyes of the people. As a Noble Phantasm the thread is able to perform magecraft representing both its literal and symbolic interpretations. By establishing a place one wishes to return to one can also come back to that spot as long as no one physically gets in their way. No matter if Ariadne is lost or stuck in some sort of bounded field or reality marble she can follow the thread to always return to the established point. This Noble Phantasm can also be used on less physical things such as navigating the internet or the subconscious, the only thing that matters is that it is commonly compared to a labyrinth. This thread is seen by many as a tool used to solve problems be it a physical one or not. This Noble Phantasm can be used as a tool to perform a specific type of problem solving that goes by the same name, similar to the process of trial error but this method is concerned with obtaining all possible solutions to a problem, while normally a frowned upon method of problem solving the magecraft of the tool shoulders a lot of burden that comes with using it making it applicable in many situations. It is something said to be able to solve any logic problem, when using this Noble Phantasm after being presented with a problem it will gather any and all solutions if it can and present them to Ariadne, its weakness is that it has a sort of load time as it guides its user down possible solutions, the long load time makes it useless when quick action is needed but can be useful in more long term problems.

Last edited by GilgameshKingOfMemes; July 22nd, 2017 at 12:02 AM.