Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by King of Padoru View Post
    Spoiler:

She's actually very interesting
    Ayy, somebody got the reference.

And thank you for the kind words.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

A JoJo reference is a good reference, especially when it isn't the usual OH NO, MUDAMUDA or something that's been said and written countless times. Good on you for using Baron Zeppeli's quote.

The Noble Phantasm kinda reminds me of Night Guy from Naruto.

FC is so damn good.

I also worry about lore sections being too long or dragged out, but it's usually a sign that the writer put effort into it, so I wouldn't dismiss it.

Searching Hong Mei on Google gave me this image. Wat.

Spoiler:

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Damnit! I thought I'd get the Zeppeli reference in first! In any case, wonderful sheet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    Class: Saber
    True Name: Olivier de Vienne
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Place of Origin: France
    Appearance

Parameters:

STR: B
    END: B
    AGI: A
    MGI: D
    LCK: C
    NP: B

Dislikes: Sneak Attacks, Assassinations, Roland and Astolfo getting drunk together
    Talent: Tactics, Reigning in the other Paladins
    Natural Enemy: Marganice
    Attribute: Humanoid, Earth
    Traits: Earth
    Catalyst: A crystal shard from Halteclere

Class Skills:
    Spoiler:
    Magic Resistance
    Cancel spells of A-Rank or below, no matter what High-Thaumaturgy it is. In practice, the Servant is untouchable to modern magi, so it would not be an exaggeration to title the Servant a 'Magus Killer'. This skill is downgraded to rank D if the crystal on Saber’s sword is broken.

Riding
    Most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill, even vehicles that did not exist in the time period one was alive in, for they are no exception. However, cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts.

Personal Skills:
    Spoiler:
    Military Tactics
    Known as the most knowledgable of the twelve paladins Saber was in charge of a large platoon of knights and led them to victory time and time again.

Seige Tactics
    Saber was once able to take the Saracen city of Gorreya with such speed that a fellow knight following soon after they left arrived too late to even see the battle.

Disquise
    The ability to disguise oneself as a different person. Saber was able to disguise herself and her man as Saracen warriors well enough to fool her closest friend.

Noble Phantasm(s):
    Spoiler:
    Halteclere
    The Crystal Blade

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1
    Max Targets: 1
    Halteclere was the sword wielded by Oliver of the twelve paladins. A blade made with burnished steel and a crystal embedded in its golden hilt normally it acts only as a normal sword of good craftsmanship but when Saber calls out its name the crystal imbedded in its hilt will grow to cover the entirety of the blade. When covered by crystal the blade will absorb surrounding mana to increase its cutting power. The rate of mana consumption by the sword is enough to render most magecract ineffective and even decay any bounded fields or reality marbles she is inside of. Eventually when it has gathered enough energy Saber can release the absorbed mana in one final strike. Even when not active the crystal on Halteclere’s hilt is what generates Saber’s powerful Magic Resistance.

Lore:
    Spoiler:
    One of Charlemagne’s Twelve Paladins Olivier was known for her grace and wisdom on the battlefield. Olivier first became a member of the paladins when she was chosen by her uncle Girart to fight in a battle of champions against Charlemagne’s champion Roland. Neither side was able to gain an upper hand and they both saw the nobility of their opponent and became sworn friends and brokered a peace between their two sides.

Olivier remained close friends with Roland often accompanying him on his many adventures. Her common sense, said to be the greatest of the Twelve Paladins, would help her reign in his more out there adventures although she had a mischievous side as well such as the time she disguised herself and her men as Saracens in order to teach Roland a lesson about rushing into battles. The relationship between the two soured unfortunately when Olivier forbade Roland from marrying her sister Aude.

Unfortunately while he wanted to reconcile with her best friend and little brother figure, like the rest of the Paladins Olivier fell at the battle of Battle of Roncevaux Pass being impaled from behind by an enemy soldier named Marganice. As a servant she has two wishes, one is to go back to before that horrible battle where her and her fellow Paladins lost their lives and save them, the second is to apologize to Roland and walk her sister down the aisle at their wedding.

Personality:
    Spoiler:
    Olivier is the quintessential mom friend. Known for having common sense when surrounded by the impulsive dumbasses that are the rest of the Twelve Paladins Olivier was constantly frustrated by their antics. In particular she made it her life work to keep Roland and Astolfo apart because nothing good comes from those two perverts interacting. Despite her frustration at her fellow Paladins Olivier cared deeply for them and would work herself to the bone preparing battle strategies to keep them safe. As a servant she will refuse to put her master in the line of fire.

Relationships:
    Spoiler:
    Astolfo - Olivier cares for Astolfo she truly does but if he stopped getting into so many scandals she would be ever so thankful lord.

Roland - The little brother Olivier never had Olivier would do anything to keep Roland safe. However Olivier also knows all of Roland’s bad traits and perversions so she was quite against allowing him to marry her sister.

Creator Notes: This was originally going to be a Roland sheet but I then remembered that we already have a look at what Roland looks like so I was about to give up but then I remembered reading about Olivier when doing research on the paladins. The moment I did some more research and found out that the paladin’s had a mom friend I had no choice but to gender bend him and make her a perpetually frustrated older sister figure. The hardest part of this all was probably the noble phantasm since Halteclere doesn’t really have any stories relating to it and I didn’t want to make it a generic blade beam. However the most interesting thing about it was that crystal in the hilt and the Thosaka family could imbue crystals with mage craft so I figured an anti magecraft sword would be cool. As as servant she’s not the worst but her time to shine is either fighting against servants that rely on magic to fight or in a Grand Order leading an army.
    Last edited by cooldownnow; February 20th, 2019 at 06:45 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Olivier: Pretty neat take on "her". Siege Tactics seems a bit redundant as a Skill though. I'd just give her regular Military Tactics but say it gains a + modifier for siege battles, like Saber Gilles.

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    High Risk Enterprise
    The Master of Chaldea was on the run. The environmental protections of his uniform-type mystic code did not seem to work completely in the oppressive humidity of Philippine jungle. Transpiration coated his skin and soaked his underwear, but he would not allow his legs to falter.

It was a trap. The “hint” leading to one of the enemy Servants was a ruse aimed at separating him from his allies. Consequently, he was forced to run for his life, chased like a hare by things unnatural. Effigies of pure blackness, similar in appearance to Shadow Servants yet orders of magnitude more terrifying, the dark figures like walking clumps of evil pursued him in the ocean of trees. Their very presence brought the inevitability of death at the forefront of his mind, dulling his senses and submerging his mind in abject terror. Their very presence made him unable to function as a Master, or even as a human being. These things were featureless, spoke not a single word, yet the young man could feel that they loathed him with every fiber of whatever their being was made of.

It was inevitable, then, that he would trip and fall on his face. The irregular rainforest terrain was an unwelcome stage for the boy with eyes blurred by horror and unshed tears, his steps already made uneasy by sheer desperation. It was that same desperation, however, that constantly pushed him forward, crawling if he had to. Unfortunately, by the time he thought of getting back on his feet, to swerve around the thick tree trunk in front of him, one of the dark things was already upon him, long fingers like tentacles sinking in his temples, tracing irregular lines of blackness crawling beneath his skin towards his brain cavity.

All perception disappeared. Both the world, and himself, disappeared. Without the ability to perceive neither himself nor the world around him, the perception of the passage of time also broke apart, stretching a moment of nothingness into eternity. Disconnected from sight, hearing and touch, the plain, ordinary human engulfed in oblivion could not hear his own screams.

Just as abruptly, it was over. Gasping, breathing heavily, coming to terms with the returned awareness of having a physical form, the young man dazedly looked around.

The dark things had set him aside to focus on the immediate threat to their existence (?). A woman danced on the jungle floor, her movements more like a ballroom dance than a violent clash. Looking everywhere yet seemingly not truly at anything, the blue-themed woman with long hair framed in thick braids sliced and diced through the clumps of evil, dodging lashing arms and tackling bodies as if she had eyes on the back of her head.

It was over in an instant. A true instant, not misshapen into eternity. She turned to properly face him but, again, without ever truly looking at him. It was not a matter of disdain or disrespect, but simple physical inability to do so.

“I put you in a bad position, m’boy,” she says with her voice that would be described as “unexpectedly low-pitched” by one who heard it for the first time. An old voice, mismatched with the youthful appearance.

“My apologies.”

The boy remained tense, breathing heavily, urging himself to calm down in a situation in which any ordinary human would be hard-pressed to do so.

“Rider,” he utters between bouts of panting.

“You should not have come here,” the Servant says sternly. “But I guess you came at the urging of the others.”

“What were…those things?”

“Some form of manifested profanity; a materialized curse upon the world. I only know it must be purged, and that it likely comes from the Allies’ Assassin.”

The boy still struggled to catch his breath, disheveled by the athletic effort and the recent trauma. However, he received no compassion from the austere woman.

“I take it the others concluded I am switching sides.”

Yes, that was the crux of the problem, and the reason he ended up in that jungle running for his eternal soul in the first place. He and his Servant companion had fallen into the enemy trap and ended up separated, leading to the current situation.

“I do not blame them. I made no effort to conceal my identity, which I can guess led them to that conclusion.” The woman nods in acknowledgement. “I am a merchant first and foremost. I think in terms of costs and profits.”

Confident of the absence of nearby enemies, the woman eased her posture and leaned on a nearby tree in front of the boy still seated.

“Upon objective examination, the Allies have a complete advantage. It is almost as if this Grail War was setup up to ensure their victory. It is not merely that they have more Servants.”

The woman stops for a moment, clearly considering just how much she was willing to reveal.

“The Allies’ Rider, their British representative, is Charles Howard of Effingham. The man who led the great British victory against the Spaniards’ Invincible Armada, alongside Sir Francis Drake. He has the might of the whole English Navy as his Noble Phantasm. And because of the strange nature of this war, his flagship is not the galleon, Ark Royal, but the aircraft carrier.”

“The Allies have more Servants, and they hold both sea and air superiority. Furthermore, their leader is superior to ours; that is a truth engraved in history. The more I go into the details, the more they point to the inevitable defeat of our Axis team. In that case, it would make perfect sense to try and join the winning side, no?”

The boy, tired as he was, still became aware of the woman’s studious gaze. She was reading him, looking for…what, exactly? Disappointment? Betrayal? Loathing?

She would find none of that in him. Of course, the jarring nothingness he had just experience was a good part of it, but there was also the very fundamental nature of that young man at work.

“The issue with that is, well, that we are all just Servants. For all our skills and powers, we are all a group of has-beens, simulacra of shining times long past. We already made our places in history and legend; we no longer have the privilege of writing new pages in the books. We who defined our eras, all amount to nothing in the current scheme of things.”

Even if her words are overall negative, she sounds almost delighted by her own voice.

“Even if there is, in fact, a Holy Grail at work here, it will not grant any of our wishes. The world cares not for the fortunes of those who should have already walked off its stage.”

The young Master’s eyes fixated on the tip of the dainty finger pointing straight at him.

“The only one who can write history is you, the lone human caught in this farce. Overturning fate is a possibility exclusive to you. It is your privilege and your prerogative.”

At last, the woman’s austere, even regal, expression changes into a shrewd smirk. It is one he has seen many times in his days as the sole Master of Chaldea. Just what is it with seafarers and shrewdness, anyway?

“Zuikaku and the others distrust me because I’m a merchant. They have forgotten I was the one who accepted the riskiest deal, daring to push myself and my people to the brink of ruin before reaping the greatest rewards.”

Closing the distance separating them, the women extends a hand to help the young Master get back on his feet.

“I am staking my fortune in this War not on the Axis, nor on the Allies. I choose the Master of Chaldea.”

Her smirk grows predatory, as if wordlessly ascertaining that she will squeeze a profit out of his very soul if she has to. It makes him feel more than a little uncomfortable, in more than one way.

“You will lead me to the Holy Grail, m’boy.”
    Basic Servant Profile
    Enrico Dandolo

Faceclaim

Source: Artwork by Liduke
    Class: Rider

“Servant Rider, at your service. I look forward to fruitful business together. Hmm? This appearance? Ah, do not think too hard about it. If anything, do you not find it convenient?”

Source:
    Historical fact, Greco-Roman mythology (?)
    Region: Italy
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Height & Weight: 154 cm, 47 kg
    Attribute: Sky

STR D
    END B
    AGI D
    MGI A
    LUK A+
    NP A

Ever-watchful, ever-careful, ever-loving.
    Who are you really, sweet divine?

Skills & Noble Phantasm
    Class Skills

Magic Resistance – A

Grants protection against magical effects. Differing from the Resistance effect that merely rejects Magical Energy, this ability cancels the spells altogether.

At this rank, the Skill cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy. When holding to the Banner of Saint Mark, she gains a defensive boost against the sacraments of the Church, a distinction that greatly bothers her pious heart.

Riding – A+
    The ability to ride mounts and vehicles. All vehicles and all creatures up to the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as mounts. However, that does not apply to members of the Dragon Kind.

While Rider, as a Servant of the Age of Man, has no proficiency in riding creatures of the Phantasmal Species, the goddess supplementing her Saint Graph has enhanced the scope of this Skill to allow for the manifestation of their second Noble Phantasm.

Personal Skills

Bridegroom of the Sea – EX

A Skill in the same vein as Affections of the Goddess, except that it carries a ritualistic rather than filial or romantic context. It allows the sea goddess, Amphitrite, to manifest in the tangible world as a Servant, using Rider as a medium. Even if diminished to the category of Heroic Spirit, the parameters of a great mother goddess (?) are significantly superior to those of a Servant of the Age of Man who would manifest as a nonagenarian.

The foundation for this Skill—and the unique circumstances of this Servant as a whole—is of course the Sposalizio del Mare: the ancient, traditional Venetian ceremony in which the city’s leader, on behalf of the city as a whole, symbolically weds the Adriatic Sea. While it began as a, expiatory ritual and a supplication for calm seas, it eventually evolved into a nuptial ceremony ascertaining the thalassocracy’s maritime domination, a ritual through which Venice and the sea are made into one. Admittedly, the image may have been reinforced by Tiepolo’s depiction of a female Venice, receiving the gifts of the sea from Neptune.

As a pious Catholic, Enrico Dandolo has no love towards the pagan divinity. This is purely a marriage of convenience.

Incitement – A+
    A Skill that functions as the acquisition of the words and gestures to lead the citizens and the masses. Especially, when employed against an individual, it functions as a sort of mental attack. As the man at the center of the course of events of the infamous Fourth Crusade, Rider has a very high rank in this Skill.

It takes a very special kind of man to convince a merchant republic to halt all commercial operations for over two years, risking complete financial ruin in the process, to focus entirely on the crusading mission. It takes an even more incredible kind of man to convince a crusading army set on fighting the hated infidel to turn their weapons against Venice’s Dalmatian—and very Catholic—enemies.

Instinct of the Blind Doge – A
    An uncanny ability to read his surroundings without need for visual perception, and instantly identify the best course of action. Really, it is nothing but supernaturally quick wit. Unlike the “standard” Instinct Skill, this one shines both in the midst of heated battle and on the negotiation table, in the company of emperors and in the midst of fierce haggling at the Rialto.

This Skill further represents Rider’s historical disregard for his blindness, which did not stop him for standing at the vanguard of a defining moment in the history of Western civilization (for good or ill).

Sea of Life – E
    A Skill that acts as an expression of the Authority of a sea goddess as “the ocean from which all life is born.”

This Skill manifests solely as a hidden foundation beneath the Mystery surrounding Rider’s Noble Phantasms. In fact, it seems Rider herself is not aware she has this Skill, or at least does not list it as one of her Skills when asked. Rather, why is this Skill even here?

Noble Phantasms

Stendardo di San Marco
    Crimson Banner of the Princes of the Sea

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1-99
    Maximum Targets: 1000 people

The flag of the Republic of Venice. It represents Enrico Dandolo’s crowning moment of glory, probably the most significant action in the whole long maritime history of the Republic. Two quotes, one from a contemporary and one from a modern chronicler, best describe this historical moment.

“For the Duke of Venice, who was an old man and stone blind, stood fully armed on the prow of his galley, with the banner of St. Mark before him, and cried out to his men to drive the ship ashore if they valued their skins. And so they did, and he and they leapt down and planted the banner before him in the ground. And when the other Venetians saw the standard of St. Mark and the Doge's galley before their own, they were ashamed, and followed him ashore.”
    —Geoffrey de Villehardouin.

“After the mosaics that commemorate the body of St Mark sailing to Venice, this is the single most iconic image in Venetian history—the blind doge, standing erect at the prow of his ship with the red-and-gold lion banner of St Mark fluttering in the wind as his ship grounds beneath the menacing city walls; battle rages around him, but the wise old merchant crusader stands unmoved, urging his fleet on. The memory of this moment, endlessly recounted, would send shivers of martial patriotism down the spines of the Venetian people for hundreds of years; it would become the rallying cry in times of intense national danger, cited as the supreme example of the old heroic qualities on which the wealth of the Republic was built. (…) Dandolo’s initiative made possible, via a train of events that no one could predict at the time, the Republic’s ascent to Mediterranean empire. If that day the Venetians had failed by sea, as the French had by land, the whole expedition would probably have collapsed.”
    —Roger Crowley

Upon its invocation, the banner becomes the keystone of unbreakable morale; the drive that pushes armies to assault the most heavily fortified city of the Medieval Era, while outnumbered. Furthermore, it is also the center of a
    Sea of Life
    fountain of unlimited vitality
    that ensures exhaustion will not be the cause of defeat for any of Rider’s allies. Finally, this Noble Phantasm grants Rider some degree of control over the local weather, and more specifically over winds and seas. Things like natural disasters are impossible; at most, it can be used to ensure favorable travel for an armada, or things like a burst of speed that allows large vessels to dodge incoming fire ships.

Quadriga in Trionfo
    Pearly Throne of Most Serene Domination

Type: Anti-Army/Anti-Fortress
    Range: 2-50
    Maximum Targets: 100 people

A seafaring chariot in the image of depictions of Amphitrite (or her Roman equivalent, Salacia): shaped as a giant pearl shell, and pulled by four sea-horses—the mythological hippocampi. However, the horses pulling Rider’s chariot are not Phantasmal Beasts.

When the crusaders finally seized the great city of Constantinople, an orgy of unrestrained pillaging ensued, which would be engraved in history as one of Christianity’s lowest moments. While the soldiers viciously looted, murdered and raped, Enrico Dandolo was orders of magnitude more carefully at picking his spoils of war. Among with countless relics and thousands of coins, he claimed the four bronze horses standing above the Hippodrome, which even now still rest in Venice (save for a short stint in Paris courtesy of Napoleon Bonaparte).

It is these status which have been granted a mockery of life through the goddess’
    Sea of Life
    mysterious life-giving powers
    . With power equivalent to that of Divine Beasts, they trample across the battlefield on land and sea at Rider’s command. In representation of the episode in which, after placing Alexios Angelos on the throne of Constantinople, Dandolo and the crusaders demanded a portion of the impregnable walls of the city to be demolished to allowed them free and safe access into and out of the city, the chariot bears the power to ignore such defenses to a degree. Standing walls and fortifications with defense values below A-rank fall apart on their own, spreading themselves open like curtains to allow the chariot and its rider to pass through.

Furthermore, as an additional effect of the symbol of one of the most humiliating moments in the history of the Eastern Roman Empire, the trampling attacks of the chariot carry both the “Anti-Greek” and “Anti-Roman” traits.
    Character Materials
    Character
    “…most worthy man and wise.”
    Robert of Clari, French crusader.

“(A man who) compensated for physical blindness with a lively intellect.”
    Abbot Martin of Pairis.

“Prudent in character, discreet and wise in making difficult decisions.”
    Hugh of Saint Pol, French baron.

“Very wise, brave and vigorous.”
    Geoffroi de Villehardouin, chronicler of the Crusades.

“A man most treacherous and hostile to the [Eastern Romans], both cunning and arrogant; he called himself the wisest of the wise and in his lust for glory surpassed everyone.”
    Niketas Choniates, Greek chronicler.

As is common to most historical figures, impressions on his personality are sharply divided by contemporary impressions and subsequent judgements. What remains unmistakably true beyond any discussion is that this man embodies and defines Venice. The words used to describe him and the myth around him can be used just as well to describe the Serenissima.

A shrewd capitalist long before capitalism was a thing. Dandolo understood and managed his city like a business, and he was selfless in that he centered of all his actions and decisions around generating profit not for himself, but for the Serene Republic of Venice. Wise, energetic beyond his years, sagacious, yet willing to take the ultimate risk that was supporting the crusader army. A pious man, yet not so pious as to reject trade with the infidels, or setting crusader armies against their fellow Catholics. Deals and contracts are his true faith, and obedience to them is paramount. He excels at grasping the entangled forces that move people and societies, and just as adept at wielding them to make people and societies move as he wishes. Quick-witted and adaptable to an uncanny degree, as if not being bound to his sense of sight has granted him godly vision. Bold, proud and confident like only nine decades of life experience can make you. She might actually get along better with pagans and heathens than with her fellow Christians, and she absolutely loathes the “wicked Genoese”, so keep her away from Columbus.

“Hmm? I seem pretty comfortable in a woman’s body? My boy, I would not be half the merchant I am if I was bothered by minor details like this. Call it a businessman’s open-mindedness!”

No, really, Rider, that does not make sense.

“Maybe I can get even better deals if I show a bit a cleavage! Ahahahaha!”

Please stop.

Indeed, the blind doge has manifested in the body of a woman—no, the body of a goddess. This is not quite the same as the Orion-Artemis situation; the goddess has not taken over the Saint Graph. Furthermore, Enrico Dandolo is a pious catholic; there is no love between him and the pagan goddess. It is all business.

Not wishing to be summoned as a nonagenarian, Dandolo has allowed the goddess to transmute his Saint Graph to grant him a youthful body based on herself—a body more suitable for fighting for the Holy Grail—, in exchange for allowing the goddess to tag along. However, while the appearance and parameters are apparently based on the goddess, and the Skills and Noble Phantasms are mostly based on the old doge, it is unclear just how much of this Servant is Enrico Dandolo, and how much of it is the goddess. At first glance, it seems the blind doge is the one in control, but certain…oddities in his personality and overall behavior seem to suggest that merchant and goddess have amalgamated to a degree. Of course, it remains unknown just why the sea goddess proposed this deal in the first place, or even whether the goddess is truly the goddess she claims to be

On a side note, in spite of having a new, youthful body, he remains blind. It seems his status as “The Blind Doge” is such an important and quintessential part of what makes him legendary that it cannot be taken from him. Of course, it was not much of an impediment in life, so he does not seem to care about it as a Servant, either.

“You keep calling me ‘he, he, he’. Are you blinder than me? Look, I’m a woman.”

No, I’m pretty sure you’re a—

“What would you call this but a woman’s body? Ergo, I am a woman.”

No, it really does not work that way, but whatever.

Attitude towards the Master
    She considers her Master as her partner, and the two of them together make “Venice”. While they are equals in all pertinent decision-making, Rider is the first to acknowledge that she is both physically and intellectually superior, and expects the Master to recognize that as well. Rider will acknowledge and gladly obey any and all commands she accepts, but will be quick to act on her own if she finds her Master’s instructions lacking. In such a situation, she will not hesitate to put her every effort into thoroughly educating the Master; they are after all part of their Venice, and Venice does not tolerate mediocrity.

Overall, she is surprisingly mindful of her partner, always watching over them and pushing them onto the path of constant self-improvement. Rather than a teacher-like figure, she is almost—no, she is actually very motherly.

Historical Image
    Enrico Dandolo was the 41st Doge of Venice from 1192 until his death. He was appointed already in his eighties, likely as a stopgap, with the expectation that his term of office would be short. It would last thirteen years, and transform the history of Venice and the Western world as a whole.

This is not the place to details the horrors and atrocities unleashed during the infamous Fourth Crusade: the devastation of the most beautiful city of its time, the destruction of a thousand years of Christian history, the plunder, rape and murder of thousands of its citizens. Afterwards the Pope would lay the blame for all that happened on Dandolo and the Venetians, claiming their greed corrupted the holy army, but it would be unfair and incorrect to call it their idea. The crusaders arrived to Constantinople to place Alexius Angelus on the throne—a young, ambitious and foolish noble who made unwise promises to the crusaders that he never would have been able to fulfill. The French barons were clearly acquainted with the scheme before Angelus’ envoys appeared before the crusader army. The leader of the crusader army, Boniface of Montferrat, had family grievances against the Byzantine emperor. If anything, Dandolo probably understood the situation at Constantinople far better than the French nobles or Angelus himself, and knew exactly what would happen if the crusaders went along with this scheme. He must have carefully assessed the risk against the potential rewards.

In the end, money must have been what drove him. The French knights who signed the treaty with Venice had severely overestimated the number of crusading soldiers they would recruit, making Venice build ships and hoard supplies for an army three times its actual size. The crusade was in debt from day one, and the payment of their debt was sacrosanct to the Venetians, for it would be their ruin otherwise. The Crusade’s departure was put on hold for months due to their inability to pay their debt to Venice, and then that debt was temporarily suspended in exchange for the crusaders’ support in the subjugation of the Catholic city of Zara (for which they were all excommunicated). The risks were huge, just like supporting the crusading cause had been in the first place, but the potential rewards of capturing the richest city in the Western world and placing a favorable Emperor on the Byzantine throne were too much to pass up. Therefore, the blind doge sailed Venice’s navy to the walls of Constantinople, and there he built his legend atop the corpses of the Greeks, the wailings of Byzantine women, and the ashes of the richest city of the Western world.

Connections with Characters

Queen of Sheba
    A fellow businesswoman. However, they follow entirely different views towards the acquisition of money. It is inevitable, as one in an autocratic ruler and the other the scion of a merchant republic. If anything, Rider seems rather amused through their exchanges, not unlike an adult quietly entertained by the antics of a child.

Christopher Columbus
    “Ah, the filthy Genoese. A brute who loves only himself, and seeks fortune solely for his own sake. An imbecile who lived without ever knowing what it is to belong to something great. No wonder you died sick and destitute, abandoned by both your employers and your homeland. Really, get out of my sight. My eyes will rot.”

Hassan-i-Sabbah
    “Oh, the Asāsiyyūn. I guess I should consider myself fortunate to have you on my side this time; you people sure gave my people trouble in the Levant. So, which of you killed Conrad of Montferrat? He was a real piece of work, but killing him cannot have been easy.”

Jack the Ripper
    The sight of Rider carrying the little Servant on her lap and pampering her without restraint has become rather common in Chaldea’s public areas.

Minamoto no Raikou
    When asked about her apparent reluctance to be even remotely close to the Berserker, Rider only shakes her head in abject confusion: “I have no explanation for this, but she gives me the feeling that we would inevitably end up fighting to the death.”

Ereshkigal
    “Why are you so afraid of me? Hmm? I remind you of someone scary? Is that so.”
    Extra Scene & Materials
    Spoiler:
    Chiyou had to wait until late at night to ambush her target in solitude. Unlike the invincible war god, her target was a thoroughly social butterfly, fluttering from meeting to meeting among the larger-than-life personalities summoned to Chaldea. From discussing the costs of the movement of goods from the Red Sea to the Nile delta with Caesar and Cleopatra, to the differences between naval tactics in the Mediterranean and open oceans with Francis Drake, to the nuances of double-entry bookkeeping with the Queen of Sheba. It is only late at night, when she has politely excused herself from joining the pirates’ gambling table—half out of overall disagreement with the idea of gambling as entertainment, half because the hated Genoese was there—that the multi-armed god could catch her alone.

“Hey,” a plain greeting, perhaps not matching her serious expression.

Rider merely frowns at the unexpected encounter, the two of them alone in an otherwise empty corridor in the middle of the night.

“…the Chinese god of war. I do not think we’ve met before.”

“We have. In Luluhawa.”

Rider frowned, honestly and thoroughly confused.

“I beg your pardon?”

Chiyou shakes her head.

“Don’t mind me; I just wanted to take a closer look. At the answer you found in the end.”

Rider’s discomfort grows as the Chinese Servant circles her like a judge evaluating a thoroughbred.

“Um, excuse me…?”

Rider finds herself caught in Chiyou’s jade eyes. They examine her, pierce through her, seeking for something that is clearly not there. Therefore, Rider cannot find any meaning to the melancholy that fills the other Servant’s expression.

“You…you really push yourself hard.”

Chiyou speaks as one who simply cannot understand what stands before her.

“Why? Why would you go so far as to dilute your existence to the point you erase your very identity?”

Struck by Riders disconcerted look, Chiyou seemingly surrenders with a sigh.

“Right. Forget I said anything. Have a good night.”

Walking past Rider, the war god managed to make it almost ten yards away before the elegantly dressed Servant opened her mouth again.

The bleak whiteness of an empty world.”

Chiyou stopped right there on the spot. Rider’s voice has changed. It is not just the slightly higher pitch. The way the phonemes flow out of her mouth, it carried a…musicality, a song-like quality never heard from Rider before that moment. Like she were reciting poetry, rather than merely speaking.

The hollow oblivion of a lifeless world.”

Chiyou cannot move. She cannot even turn to look at the other woman. It feels like, somehow, the change in her voice and its cadence has been translated into a change in the world around them. The air shakes, and the walls groan as if resisting an enormous force. The sound of distant waves echoes inexplicably in Chiyou’s ears.

I can’t stand them.”

It is not anger, nor sadness, nor spite, nor pity.

The words expel raw, unbridled rejection. An understated refusal to the very thing completely anathema to oneself, perhaps to the genetic level. Repudiation so primal, so fundamental to a degree it renders Chiyou completely paralyzed, for it is something she has absolutely no experience nor the knowledge of how to face it.

The invincible war god remains unmoving, thoroughly, uncomfortably so, even long after the other Servant has retired for the night.

Thalassa, Tethys, Ti'amtum
    All things were born of the sea.

It is interesting to see how well this fact was perceived even by the ancients, without scientific fact to support their belief.

The primeval spirit of the sea among the early Greeks, Thalassa.

The Titan, Tethys, who started as the singular font of fresh water, lauded by Homer as primordial goddess of creation, and later turned by the classical poets as the sea personified.

Amphitrite, queen of the sea, wife of Poseidon and mother of all sea life.

Kind goddesses that provide the bounty of the sea. Merciless goddesses that pull innocent lives into their depths. Water is the vital fluid, and they represent that unlimited gift of life. Yet, their own waters are undrinkable. Loving mother, castigating mother. This is a pattern repeated across mythologies, a common foundation shared across ancient humankind.

The sea is the primordial mother, from which all things are born. Her love is not the love of humans. Her love is greater than life itself; it is the song of the beginning and end of all things.

No matter what form she takes, no matter if she dilutes herself until her very identity is undone, Mother will always be watching over you.
    Last edited by Daneel Rush; February 20th, 2019 at 08:53 PM.

Teacher of Alexandria

Information:
    True Name: Hypatia of Alexandria
    Class: Caster
    Alternate Classes: Ruler
    Source: Egypt, Historical Fact
    Attribute: Man
    Armament: Astrolabes
    Dislikes: Ignorance, Affection

Parameters:
    Strength: E
    Endurance: C
    Agility: B
    Mana: A
    Luck: C

Biography

Herald as a universal genius born during the 350 - 370 AD in Alexandria Egypt. A famous female Hellenistic Neoplatonist philosopher, astronomer and mathematician who was said to be renowned by both her skill and drive in teaching as well as her wisdom as a counselor. A great thinker in an era primarily dominated by male scholars yet was seemingly unfazed by the fact. She is also one if not the very first female mathematician whose life was carefully documented in record.

Even at a very young age it was said she displayed a great mind, a prodigy of intellectual prowess who even surpassed her father "Theon of Alexandria" with the two of them becoming colleagues in the various fields. It was said that she would be able to accomplish much... Yet chose not to. Not having published anything universally groundbreaking, even her famous astrolabes weren't something she invented as they existed long before her time. Even in the realm of magic, given a Magic Crest by her father and possessing incredible Magic Circuits who managed to grasp multiple fields of Magecraft easily one can say she essentially did nothing noteworthy with it.

This is because she cares not for innovation or finding the Root but to educate the masses. Thinking that the "true" way of progress lied in granting the next generation more and more tools to use at their disposal may they be instruments of knowledge or information amassed and collected for centuries, such things in her eyes weren't meant to be stored away but to be shared. Though this caused the ire of many Magi it was difficult to touch her due to her popularity with the masses. Her objective mind, yearning to do nothing more but to spread information allowed her to become popular with the Christian community of Alexandria despite being pagan.

Despite this she was met with great political slander by Cyril of Alexandria and his allies during the end of her time, mainly due to her being the prime consultant of his enemy Orestes who he was currently having a political feud. It was said that her carriage was raided by an angry mob led by a lector named Peter and was stripped naked and dragged to the Caesareum in which she was brutally tortured, gouged and dismembered in front of the temple's grounds.

News of her murder shocked the land. Due to the ironic similarity of her treatment during her death to many the prosecution of Christians she was labeled as the "Martyr for Philosophy" as many Neoplatonists and other prominent philosophers and thinkers began using it as a symbol for their opposition to Christianity. It was also said that her very being was the basis for the legend that was Saint Catherine of Alexandria.

Personality

As a Servant it is said that she is extremely blunt and sometimes a cynic, not one to shy away from harsh criticisms, however all her actions all come from an objective point of view. Free from bias her comments are never intended to be insults but merely suggestions. That being said she isn't perfect and her disdain for love and affection is plain to see. It was said that during a teaching session a student of hers confessed his love and she responded with tossing one of her menstrual rags at him... The only thing one could consider something she "loves" is her desire to teach and educate and spread knowledge.

In battle she is said to be an incredible Magus... If she feels like. Though she downplays her abilities in truth she is first-rate when it comes to Magecraft. She is capable of fighting using her astrolabes as automated drones allowing them to launch incredibly accurate projectiles or use them for recon purposes. She is also capable of launching spells at an incredibly fast rate though its best not to rely on it very often...

She doesn't really have a wish. Her Neoplatonist belief after all doesn't allow her to have such wordy desires nor does she want to have any. The closest thing for a wish she would have is her desire to educate the masses though that isn't really something she would want to wish for but something she would want to do herself.

Lines

~General~

[Summoned]: "I am Servant Caster though I suppose you have permission to call me Hypatia. Expecting a master in the art of Magecraft? I regret to inform you that I am merely an expert, but if knowledge is a thing you seek then I suppose this isn't such a bad draw...

[Likes]: "I value those who know how to think for themselves. After all to think wrongly is better than to never think at all...As long as they are willing to be open to the idea of change of course."

[Dislikes]: "Romance? Affection? Attraction? Such complex yet trivial thoughts, I do not understand why others obsess about it so much. I'd rather dedicate my time to decipher more important things."

[Holy Grail]: "A wish you say? So it really does exist. A device that can grant miracles yet has the equal amount of potential to draw out the most desperate parts of man. Though tempting I'd rather just leave it be."

~Lines~

[Bond Lvl 1]: "Hmm...Master, never in my life would I have used that word to address someone else but looking at the state of things it is the proper term to use."

[Bond Lvl 2]: "Make no mistake, my astrolabes were always primarily used for the calculation of the stars but turning them into drones is nothing new. Though I suppose with how much my death has outstripped my life it would make sense that most would forget such a detail."

[Bond Lvl 3]: "Why don't I recite to the fullest you say? Simple, I choose not to. Call it a childish rebellion of sorts... For so long people have told me to prioritize my efforts into the "Root". So what if my interests fall into pursuing the stars or teaching the masses? Are such things not also vital!? Look at how far we've come in those fields in the modern era yet the path to the Root remains ever distant-"

*Ahem* "Forgive me, it seems I went on a little tangent."

[Bond Lvl 4]: "Though I harbor more hate to those that killed me I'm more concerned with what happened afterward. Honestly, I care not for religion yet it feels like my death gets tossed around so frequently when such debates arises. I was a simple woman who was murdered, I see nothing more to gleam from that."

[Bond Lvl 5]: "I see that you are still here. From what I've observed thus far you may make a somewhat decent student but I can make your far better. Perhaps even pass on a thing or two, it could very well happen."

~Servant Interactions~

[Iskandar]: "To think I would be summoned in the same time as the founder of Alexandria. Though boisterous his contributions has led to the birth of great sources of knowledge. Even if indirectly I think that warrants some respect.

[Alexander]: "Could this truly be the King of Conquerors? But he looks so young and naive. Well I suppose there is unique knowledge that could only be gleamed from the eyes of a child."

[Julius Caesar]: "I'll admit that the knowledge of strategy and military tactics is a field I have yet to explore. However if your plans involve the burning of yet another important warehouse of knowledge then I suppose it is time to have a little chat."

[Cleopatra]: "Ah yes she is here as well? I suppose an introduction would be the polite way to start things off yet I fear with how history goes- Hmm? The history between me and the Last Pharaoh? Absolutely nothing, It's more my relationship with the Caesareum might make things awkward."

Skills
    Class Skills

Territory Creation: B
    The unique skill of the Caster class that allows one to create a personalized terrain that is advantageous to oneself as a Magus, granting one numerous benefits with the most prominent being the purpose of collecting mana. At a rank of B she is capable of creating a Workshop though due to her assumed love for teaching others it is said that it would manifest as a sort of Library instead taking inspiration of the Great Library of Alexandria. Though often and wrongly attributed to her it is more of she likes the design and aesthetic of the location and as such she can only imitate the library in appearance only making it a somewhat okay reconstruction at best.

Item Construction: B+
    The unique skill of the Caster class. It is an ability that allows the user to create and manufacture various magical items and constructs for a multitude of purposes, may they be for combat, utility or simply everyday use as long as one has the required time and materials in order to craft them. In the case of Caster she specializes in the creation of astrolabes and can create nothing else. A tool often attributed to her used by many to precisely calculate the tilt, slope, angle, elevation among many other things of celestial bodies.

Though a mundane object thanks to her ingenuity she is capable of infusing the objects with mana allowing her to transform them into autonomous magical drones capable of combat granting them the ability to fire high-speed magical attacks with near pinpoint accuracy by calculating the distance of trajectory. She is also capable of "seeing" through them akin to a lens or camera however thanks to human limitations she can only see through one astrolabe at a time.

Personal Skills

Single-Mindedness: C
    The manifestation of one's superhuman level of focus when when immersed in a particular ability or task. In her case it is said that it is exhibited when she observes or teaches displaying great amounts of concentration. Words will come out of her mouth quickly yet structured in such a way that it remains coherent and easy to understand, not only making it easier for her to teach at a fast pace with no knowledge lost and improves her skill in High-Speed Incantation.

Wisdom of Immaterial Flight: A
    The representation of one's expansive knowledge in the philosophical belief of Neoplatanism which places emphasis on both religious and metaphysical aspects as well as the relationship between the soul, one's intellect and the physical world. By achieving unity among all three, being in a constant state of purity as well as a rejection of all things physical it is said that one can achieve a form of divine transcendence.

With this one gains the passive effect of negating mental interference and allows one to achieve an immaterial state that grants them the ability to phase through solid matter for a short period of time as long as they prepare the skill before hand. Once this state is in effect the user is granted complete immunity to physical attacks as well as a powerful resistance against attacks of magical origin. However attacks made by Divinity and Divine Constructs will bypass this effect. However the skill must be prepared before hand and requires an intense concentration to maintain.

High-Speed Incantation: B+
    One's expertise in the recitation of Magecraft, with it one can speak magical incantations at an accelerated speed. As not only a skilled Magus in her past life as well as an expert in speaking and calculating thanks to her time as both a teacher as well as a skilled mathematician granting her a coherent and organized thought she gains this skill at a rank of A...in theory. Though her maximum capability with this skill is at a rank of A she simply cannot be bothered to recite so fast.

A reduction of rank not due to any outside interference nor due to lack of skill but due to the simple choice of the user. Though in serious situations she is capable of displaying her full range of expertise in incantation, augmented by her skill Single-Mindedness she can achieve the rare feat of speaking High-Thaumaturgy at a pace even faster than Single-Action spells. However it is best not to rely on it too often.

Noble Phantasm

Rimae Hypatia
    Cosmic Memoir of the Stars

(Anti-Faith): B
    Range: 1 ~ 10
    Maximum No. of Targets: 10

A device that embodies both the legacy and death of the "Teacher of Alexandria" the greatest astrolabe in her possession. Taking its name from the lunar impact crater that was named after her, the "Rimae Hypatia" on the northwest edge of the Sinus Asperitatis, From its appearance it seems to be a crossbred between both a plane and globe type astrolabe with various various rings and hoops made of brass and gold surrounding the main disk representing the orbit of various heavenly bodies, in the middle lies its glowing orange core akin to the sun, a representation of a Star Chart or in this case the Solar System. In terms of effectiveness it functions similarly to her other astrolabes except capable of performing on a higher level. More powerful spells can be used, the projectile it fires can be faster and the range of sight Caster can use to see with it is also much farther. This is however not an actual effect of the Noble Phantasm itself but merely a testament to its quality being far superior to the others Caster possesses.

Its true power manifests as a bounded field erupting from the Noble Phantasm's center, it also has the unique property of being able to move the bounded field via the Noble Phantasm even after it has been deployed. As long as Caster commands the astrolabe where to go the bounded field will follow with it. Born from the rage and the various Anti-Christian movements that occurred after Caster's death this attack does not discriminate between friend or foe, as long as those within the field exist all attacks and actions born from faith or are Divine are neutralized, it is essentially a field that negates "faith". Sacraments are negated, skills born from blessings from the Divines are sealed, Noble Phantasms that draw power or trace their origins to the gods cannot be used or are weakened and Servants of Divine nature suffer a penalty to parameters depending on how high their rank of Divinity is.

First time doing one of these. Hadn't had the time to work on sheet cause college and IRL obligations. Dunno if I can cram another one in before the deadline but I can certainly try.
    Last edited by NominusAbdominus; February 21st, 2019 at 03:31 AM.

Blog Entries
    Saber of Seven
    FC

Class
    : Saber
    True Name: Bishamonten
    Region: Japan/India
    Source: Shintoism-Hinduism-Buddhism

Parameters
    Strength: A+
    Endurance: B
    Agility: B
    Mana: B
    Luck: A++
    Noble Phantasm: A

Height: 197 cm
    Weight: 81 kg
    Dislikes: Monsters, demons, and other creatures that disturb the peace
    Attribute: Heaven
    Natural Enemy: Anyone willing to fight her
    Personality and Lore
    Personality
    Bishamonten is a very straightforward woman. She prefers to keep strategy on the battlefield and keep relationships very honest and open. If she has a problem, she will tell you about. If she has a suggestion, she will tell you about ti and make sure that you listen. Bishamonten hates being ignored and despises ignorance. A warrior has to know before she can fight. If you continue to refuse to listen to her, than expect the same in kind from her.It is all a matter of respect.

Bisha is a people person through and through, able to immediately understand other people and shift her actions and personality to fit best with them. Benten often refers to her as the ‘typical protagonist’ of the Seven Lucky Gods, able to make friends with anyone she meets and destroy her enemies with overwhelming power. She prioritizes the safety of her comrades above all else. Sometimes, sacrifices are necessary, but they are the last option, not the first. Bishamonten has always been apart of a group, even before she was a she, and before he was Bishamonten. Having others around to care about and argue with and enjoy is Bishamonten’s greatest pleasure, and it is those peaceful moments that she fights for.

Lore
    Bishamonten, also known as Tamoten, Kubera, and Vaisravana, is one of the Seven Lucky Gods. Like two of her compatriots, Bishamonten originates from Hinduism and was subsumed into the Shinto Pantheon of gods, grouped together with six others, worshipped into the modern day for their ability to bring luck and fortune to the people of Japan. Bishamonten is the God of Warriors and Treasure, Scourge of Evil, and Defender of the Nation who represents the virtue of Dignity.

Though, they originate from different places and times, the Seven have formed a family of sorts, and like a family that stays together, the Seven often play games together. It was Benzaiten, also known as Benten, who brought a certain game to the attention of the Seven: The Holy Grail War. A battle between historical figures, legends, and even gods for the chance to obtain the Holy Grail, a wish-granting device. Adding on the basic class system of seven servants, the Lucky Gods couldn’t possibly say no and began building their Servant selves. It was Benzaiten who convinced Bishamon to be summoned as a woman.

Dialogue
    Dialogue
    “Greetings, Master. You have summoned I, Bishamonten, one of the Seven Lucky Gods, in the Saber-class. I am looking forward to our time together. If I may ask, try to hurry and summon the others. They’ll complain if you take too long.”

“Why am I a woman? That’s a rude question to ask, Master, but if you have to know, it was a suggestion from Benten. She said, and I quote, “Big titty, super tall, muscular warrior waifus are top-tier civilization.” I have no idea what that means, but she started giving me puppy dog eyes, so I had no choice. She was disappointed by my more conservative choices. Personally speaking, I don’t mind that much. The shape of a warrior doesn’t matter, it’s the heart that counts.”

“Tsk, tsk, Master. Asking me for the classes of my friends would ruin the point of our game. We intended to battle one another in a Holy Grail War, but it seems that fate had other plans, thusly the rules of our game are changed. You already summoned me as Saber. You will have to guess the rest and wait. (frown) But perhaps, you should summon Hotei last. Please?”

“You are certainly a dramatic one, aren’t you? Holding such dark feelings in your heart is no good, for a warrior or a civilian. It may seem ironic for me to say that talking may be the best solution to your problem.” (If you have summoned Arjuna)

“......disgusting.” (If you have summoned Kiara)

“A fine warrior and a fine mother. I approve.” (If you have summoned Raikou)

“Roma? What is that? You certainly appear to be an interesting fellow and the feeling I get from you is familiar. Please tell me more about this Roma.” (If you have summoned Romulus)

"A dangerous presence in such a sweet child. How unfortunate. Refrain from doing anything to cause others harm, little one, or else we shall both meet a terrible fate." (If you have summoned Abigail Williams)

Skills
    Class Skills
    Magic Resistance: B+
    The ability to resist and nullify high-level thaumaturgy and magecraft. Bishamonten is, not only a god, but fighter who will put all of her will into resisting the effects of some strange magic. Besides, she’s been on the wrong side of Fukrokuju’s spells enough times to build up a resistance. That old man needs to learn how to aim…

Independent Action: C+
    Bishamonten is a strong, independent person. If she decides that her Master is unworthy or unwilling to accept her aid, then she shall take things into her own hands, going against the desires of her Master and existing regardless of the World’s attempts to erase her. She cannot last forever, but she will certainly try. She was a King, dammit!

Divinity: A
    Since Divine Spirits cannot normally be summoned as Servants, the Seven Lucky Gods had to lower themselves to a more mundane level, which was easier for some than others. As one of the ‘oldest’ amongst the Seven, Bishamonten had to reduce her divinity by quite a bit to be able to participate in their game, and even still reaches into the higher ends of the scale.

Personal Skills
    Lucky Number Seven: A+
    As a member of the Seven Lucky Gods of Japan,, Bishamonten has access to a skill specific to these seven entities. As Servants, the Seven Lucky Gods are able to use their own influence over luck to manipulate the rules of fate, if only for a short period of time, to create an impossibility known as a miracle. The miracles can vary in magnitude, but the greater the miracle, the more likely there will be backlash and the deadlier that backlash becomes. Due to the reality-warping capability of this skill, the Seven have imposed a ban on its use more than once a month, going by the lunar calendar. After all, “Deus ex machinas are only fun some of the time ~Benten.”

Warrior God’s Domain: A
    A skill that allows Bishamonten access to any skills that can be associated with the arts of the warrior. That includes, but is not limited to: Military Tactics, Charisma, Eternal Arms Mastery, Riding, Battle Continuation, Disengage, Battle Retreat, Bravery, Command of the Strategist, etc. A truly powerful skill fitting for Bishamonten and her attitude, onty able to reach its full potential when surrounded by others.

Golden Rule: B-
    While also being a warrior god, Bishamonten resides over trade and commerce just as her comrades do; however, she lacks a certain skill for finance. Plundered treasures and spoils of war always seem to find their way into her hands, but gods forbid she try to haggle or deal. More specifically, Ebisu forbid her from doing it ever again in within the general vicinity of 10,000 lightyears near him.

Evil Slayer: B
    The protector of the righteous is what the Japanese called Bisha after subsuming her into their cobblestone pantheon. It was hardly a new job for the former Heavenly King of the North, having fought against the monstrous evil that existed in the northern wastes above her former home. Before that, Bisha had existed as a monster herself, leading packs of demons before ascending to the rank of god. She understands evil well, making its destruction all the easier. Anyone or thing that aligns with Evil will suffer her wrath.

Noble Phantasm
    Noble Phantasm
    The Spear of Bishamonten
    Bishamonten
    Type: Anti-Unit
    A truly uninspired weapon with an even more pitiful name. As a Saber-class Servant, Bishamonten realized that she would not continue to wield a spear as her weapon of choice. That would be like an Archer who uses a sword or a Rider without a mount. So she simply snapped off the pole, replaced it with a hilt, and stretched out the blade. An ugly piece of work, but it does its job well. The sword, named by the user after the user in a moment of spectacular creativity, is, by the opinion of the rest of the Seven, utterly boring. A sword that cuts people and nothing else. Yes, it can fly back to Bisha’s hand when knocked away; yes, it will only cut what Bisha wants to cut; yes, it makes her stronger when protecting something; yes, it is essentially a perfect weapon with no faults that can kill with ease and precision, but where is the beam?

A Home Atop The Five Peaked Mountain
    Sumeru
    Type: Fortress
    Attacking is only one part of a warrior’s job. They must also be able to defend and protect that which they fight for. The guardian against foreign invaders, Bishamonten understands this well. She has many things that she wishes to protect from destruction, and will use all her power to do so. One such power is the stupa often depicted to sit in her right hand, representing the treasure house of the Buddha. Connecting the symbolic item to her residence atop the mythical mountain of Sumeru. This mountain now resides in the Reverse Side of the world. Using this stuoa as a key, Bishamon can open a gateway into her home atop the mountain.

The residence is a grand palace fit for a Heavenly King, attended to by hundreds of yaksa, nature spirits Bishamon ruled over during her time as Kubera and Vaisravana, who remain loyal to this day. They treat their guests as they would their king, cooking for them, pampering them, dressing them in the finest silks; treatment worthy of a god that heals whatever ails you. A magus will find themselves feeling completely recharged after mana exhaustion.

However, since Sumeru exists on the Reverse Side of the World, mundane beings cannot remain there for long, else they become apart of that layer and can never leave again. The time limit is 24 hours exactly, no longer. Multiple trips decrease the time limit.

Ship of Miracles--The Warrior Stands Proudly
    Takarabune
    Type: Anti-Fate
    Locked.

Creator's Note
    Creator's Note: An almost last minute entry into this month's contest. I had been trying all month to think of someone to do for this and only got the idea for Bishamonten yesterday afternoon, so she's a bit rough around the everything, but still pretty good. She is also the first in what will hopefully be all Seven Lucky Gods of Japan that I will be doing as Servants. I already know which classes they will be and their Noble Phantasms. Bisha was honestly the hardest to make a NP for, but I went with something simple that is very her. The reason she's a woman, besides Benten asking for it, is mostly because of Noragami. As you can already tell, Benten is an interesting person. The Seven should be a fun lot and I have something special for when all seven are 'summoned'. P.S. does anyone know how to change the color of a link?
    Last edited by Wizard; February 21st, 2019 at 03:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    Obligatory This Month's Submission Index:

Archer - St. Lucia by RoydGolden
    Avenger - Eve by GilgameshKingOfMemes
    Berserker - Margaret of Anjou by Sunny
    Ruler - Mother Goddess of Çatal Höyük by King of Padoru
    Caster - Allie Capone by cooldownnow
    Alter Ego - Clíodhna by Shiki-pon
    Caster - Catherine de' Medici by Spartacus
    L.A.N.C.E.R. - Amalthea by Bloble
    Alter Ego - Julian of Norwich by Funderfullness
    Lancer - Frode I by IRUN
    Rider - Voyager by 34
    Rider - Takiyashahime by Fabuzer
    Assassin - Hong Mei by Skull
    Saber - Olivier de Vienne by cooldownnow
    Rider - Enrico Dandolo by Daneel Rush
    Caster - Hypatia of Alexandria by NominusAbdominus
    Saber - Bishamonten by Wizard

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Deadline is in six hours, reminder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Unfortunately due to the first Sheet not coming out how I wanted it to, then getting very sick over the week, I won't be entering this month and bow out.
    Hopefully next contest I can put something up, so this time I'll just vote.
    Pronouns - She/Her
    Winner of the Legendary Jack-Off
    TRANS LIVES MATTER

Top Five Favourite Servants

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Voting is now open, deadline is the 28th, which is next Thursday
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Trace: Overcringe King of Padoru's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    3 points: Voyager-chan. Truly the representation of all what's good on Earth. Must protect at all costs.

2 points:
    Catherine de Medici. Cute waifu with interesting past and a NP that is original and aesthetically cool. Extra points for her relation with Juana.

1 point:
    Amalthea. Mechas are always cool, but I prefer Catherine and Voyager

Blog Entries
    3 Points: Takiyashahime
    2 Points: Amalthea
    1 Point: Voyager I

Honorable Mentions: Catherine d'Medici, Hyaptia, and Catal Hoyuk

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    3 points: Amalthea

2 points: Voyager I

1 point: Eve

Honorary Mentions: Catal Hoyuk, Frode I and Enrico Dandolo

3 points: Voyager. I think I already made multiple comments about this one but to keep it brief I like everything about this sheet and that is all.

2 points: Eve. EX-fest aside she's really interesting and as an Avenger that doesn't hate others but rather herself is also pretty unique. Her NP's really nice too imo.

1 point: Catherine de' Medici. I'm really torn if I like this more or Eve, her personality is nice and her backstory is great. Kinda wish I could give her 2 points too but alas.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    3 points: Catherine de' Medici

2 points: Voyager

1 point: Çatal Höyük

Honorable mentions: Saint Lucia

Blog Entries
    3 Points: Hong Mei
    2 Points: Frode I
    1 Point: Bishamonten

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    3 Points: Mother Goddess of Catal Huyuk
    2 Points: Hong Mei
    1 Point: Bishamonten
    Honorable Mention: Frode I
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

3 pts: Voyager
    2 pts: Catherine de' Medici
    1 pt: Takiyashahime
    "We don't need martyrs right now. We need heroes. A hero would die for his country, but he'd much rather live for it." -Josiah Bartlet

List of Servants I've made