Page 8 of 369 FirstFirst ... 3678910131858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Express View Post
    Oh wow, I hadn't read the other entries yet. I hadn't even realized somebody made a Mehmed for this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Flustered Saber View Post
    Oh wow, I hadn't read the other entries yet. I hadn't even realized somebody made a Mehmed for this.
    If you are expecting a faithful, interesting representation of the character which provides a new take on a historical figure..... don't.
    Also I probably haven't said welcome because I've been in a lazy, horrible mood recently. Welcome
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    Summer Events: Deepest Lore.
    These are my Servant and Master sheets I hope you enjoy reading them:
    Servant And Master Sheets

Thank you for the welcome, and I thought the sheet was pretty interesting when I read it this morning. I have an entire pastebin dedicated to my struggles in making OC servants that aren't shit, so I'm the last one to judge anybody on that.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Servant Saber:

Appearance:

Source is here

True Name: William Penn

Alignment: Lawful Good

Alternate Class: Caster

Strength- D
    Agility- B
    Endurance- C+
    Mana- D
    Luck- B+
    NP- B++

Equipment: A copy of the Bible and elegant fencing sword.

Personality
    Stern, serious and diligent. A devote Quaker, Saber detests violence and does his best to resolve conflicts through words rather than force of arms. That said, his vows of pacifism do not stop Saber from fighting when necessary, only insuring that he spare his opponents after defeating them. One of the early pioneers of the idea of "religious liberty", he believes that every human no matter their faith or creed has the right to freedom and the pursuit of happiness. Saber is steadfast in his piety, never bowing his head in the face of persecution or tyranny but continually striving forward to defend what he sees as God's truth.

A dour man, lacking much of a sense of humor. He rarely smiles and never laughs, at times appearing cold and distant in his conviction. However Saber shows a softer side of himself towards woman. He treated his wives with exceptional tenderness, showering them with sincere love and affection that he scarcely revealed to anyone else. If partnered to a female Master of similar religious views, Saber will develop an excellent relationship with them that may blossom into romance give enough time. Despite his rather chaste nature Saber is actually somewhat of an unwitting casanova, his naturally gentlemanly manners drawing beautiful women of all kinds to his side.

On the other hand, towards male Masters Saber will be far more distant and aloof, sometimes refusing to obey their commands without any explanation. It can be said that Saber- a fiercely independent man who refused to subjugate himself before the authority of his father, the king of England or even the Holy Church- truly swears loyalty to no man but the Lord Himself. The only exception is if his Master reminds him of the founder of Quakerism and mentor he admired, George Fox.

Saber has no desire for the so-called Holy Grail, which he believes to be an artifact of Satan rather than God (saying that no true relic of God would demand a tournament of blood to obtain it). Instead, he accepts summoning for the chance to spread his Noble Phantasm of Pennsylvania across the entire world, fulfilling his dream of a utopia where everyone can practice their religious beliefs without fearing from violence or persecution.

Because of Saber's adamant pacifism and disinterest in the Grail clashing with the entire purpose of the Holy Grail War, it is highly unlikely any traditional Magus would willingly choose to summon him as their Servant. Therefore if Saber were to be called forth in this world, it would only be to answer the desperate plea of a Master with no personal desire for the Grail- one whose heart holds only the innocent wish of survival.

Dislikes: violence, dancing, hierarchy
    Talents: writing, oratory, duelling
    Natural Enemy: his father, warmongers

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance- C+
    Power to neutralize the effects of Magecraft aimed against oneself. At this rank, spells with a chant below two verses are nullified. Proves difficult to cope with the likes of High Thaumaturgy or Greater Rituals. When faced with forms of Magecraft deemed unholy, the effective rank of this Skill rises to B.

As Saber lived relatively close to the modern day- well after the large-scale erosion in mystery- he would normally possess only a minimal resistance unbecoming of his most noble Class. However, his devote Quaker faith and favor with certain Native-American shamanistic tribes has somewhat bolstered Saber's ranking in this Skill.

Riding- C
    Ability to ride animals. At this rank, most mundane mounts can be ridden at an average degree of skill, not including Phantasmal or Divine Beasts. There are no records depicting Saber's prowess with horses or other mounts, but given his martial upbringing he could be expected to have had some familiarity with them.

Personal Skills:

Inner Light- B
    A Skill reflecting the Quaker belief in Inner Light. The idea that every individual is endowed with a god-given light that allows them to naturally discern right from wrong, without needing to rely on external authorities. Grants Saber an equal rank in Revelation and Discernment Of The Poor, while also repelling mental interference.

Incidentally, the belief in Inner Light- where an individual's own conscience of right and wrong is held as sovereign- can be seen as the origin to the right of conscientious objection in the modern age.

Pacifist- A
    A Skill denoting those who swore never to take the life of a human being. Bonus modifiers are granted while attempting to non-lethally disable opponents. However, should Saber ever break his vow of pacifism he will suffer a permanent rank down to all parameters, along with this Skill being sealed for the remainder of the Holy Grail War.

A devote Quaker, Saber's oath of pacifism did nothing to dampen his prowess in battle. Once when challenged by a well-known French duelist, Saber expertly disarmed his opponent, only to gallantly spare him with a sermon on how no ceremony can justify the taking of life.

Eye Of The Mind (True)- C
    The ability to anticipate changes in the battlefield through observation, reasoning and experience. Born from his accumulated experience as a master-duelist, Saber principally applies this Skill to ascertain if an enemy is "one who must be fought", as well as to seek out ways of ending the battle without killing them.

Rhetoric Arts- B
    The talent to speak pursuasively and charm others with deft words. Put on trial for blasphemy, Saber argued his case with such dazzling wit that all the jurors unanimously refused to convict him- even when threatened with prison themselves. When the state eventually found an excuse to throw him in prison anyways, Saber spent his incarcaration composing The Great Case of Liberty of Conscience- widely considered as one of the most stirring defenses of religious liberty ever written.

Pioneer Of The Stars- D
    A unique Skill granted to those heroes who became turning points in human history. Difficult voyages and challenges deemed "impossible" from the outset can be reconceptualized into "events that can be realized". While Saber himself is a somewhat obscure figure in history, the ideas he helped originate in his founding of Pennsylvania (such as free speech, freedom of religion, checks and balances and universal equality) came to define America for centuries to come.

Noble Phantasms
    Testimony Of Peace
    For The Lord Above Abhors All Violence
    (C, Anti-Unit)
    A Noble Phantasm crystallizing Saber's vows of pacifism, as well as his remarkable career as a duelist who defeated countless opponents without killing them. Invoking its name, Saber's sword changes form- becoming a blade of ethereal golden light. In this form the sword is incapable of physically injuring his opponents, passing harmlessly through their bodies. Instead, this Noble Phantasm attacks the enemy's will to fight directly.

Each strike Saber deals with his sword will slowly erode the opponent's will to fight, making them increasingly open to non-violent means of resolving the battle. Grazing blows will only slightly weaken their fighting spirit, while the equivalent of a mortal wound will render them psychologically incapable of continuing combat. A Noble Phantasm perfectly suited to Saber's pacifistic philosophy, allowing him to potentially win the Holy Grail War without needing to kill a single Master or Servant.

However, Skills such as Mad Enhancement and Mental Pollution that prevent one from seeing reason act as a sort of armor against this Noble Phantasm. While still theoretically effective, the amount of blows Saber must deal in order to successfully seal away their bloodlust is far higher compared to a rational opponent. Saber claims this Noble Phantasm to be a physical manifestation of his Inner Light, engraving God's Word of pacifism into his opponents.

...No matter how much it may resemble such, Saber does not appreciate calling this Noble Phantasm a "lightsaber". He won't find it funny. At all.

Pennsylvania
    Colony Of Heaven For The Children Of Light
    (B++, Barrier, Anti-World?)
    A Noble Phantasm reenacting Saber's founding of Pennsylvania, one of the original 13 American colonies. Uniquely amongst its surrounding states, Pennsylvania guaranteed freedom for people of all different religious beliefs to practice freely, along with a strict prohibition against violence or warfare of any kind (Pennsylvania had absolutely no military). The poet Voltaire exalted it as having brought down a Golden Age which never existed outside of Saber's own dominion, and the principles his colony embodied can be seen to foreshadow those in the American Constitution.

Upon securing the leylines of the surrounding area, Saber plunges his sword into the earth and invokes this Noble Phantasm's true name. A wave of gentle golden light washes over the designated territory, establishing a conceptual zone of absolute liberty and non-violence. The first effect is that everyone within Saber's "colony" is bestowed with the Inner Light Skill at the same rank as Saber himself. Furthermore, any concepts of "constraint" such as binding Magecraft or mental interference will be dramatically lowered in effectiveness, to the point where even the authority of Command Seals is greatly weakened.

The last special effect is that, anyone enacting any form of violence within the marked domain will immediately be penalized. Humans suffer momentary pain in the form of crippling headaches (which Saber claims to be their conscience of Inner Light revolting against their cruel actions), while Heroic Spirits are forcibly shunted into astral form for a period of up to several hours, depending on Saber's own judgement and the severity of their transgression.

Saber's colony stands as a beacon to the suffering and oppressed, who will instinctively be drawn to it from across the surrounding area. Once Pennsylvania is invoked, it operates independently from Saber or his Master's own magical energy, instead sustaining itself through taxing a small amount of Mana from every individual populating it. As Pennsylvania is an extremely Mana-efficient Noble Phantasm, this is not enough to incur the harmful effects of Mana deprivation. The more Mana it receives the farther Saber's barrier will expand, starting at the size of a small town but theoretically growing to encompass a large city or even entire country.

Saber's greatest Noble Phantasm which fully embodies his pacifistic philosophy and vision for a "colony of Heaven" where everyone can live out their lives freely without fear of persecution. Of course, for those very reasons it possesses absolutely no combat applications, its anti-violence effects applying just as much to Saber himself. While attacking Saber or his allies within the barrier is nearly impossible, this Noble Phantasm offers no protection against ranged attacks originating from outside.

Incidentally, the name "Pennsylvania" crowning this Noble Phantasm does not come from Saber himself but his father, a great naval captain also named William Penn. Saber would have preferred to simply title it "Sylvania" (meaning "Forest"), but the king who owed a great debt to Saber's father insisted on its present name.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, I know I already made an entry in this contest a few pages back but I was struck with inspiration for a William Penn Servant yesterday and, seeing as he's a Saber, I figured I might as well post him up here. Bit of an odd choice for a Servant sheet I know and I'm sure I wanked him a bit (a lot), but whatever. By the way, major credit for helping to flesh out this sheet goes to the book Albion's Seed, without which I almost surely never would've written this (heck, it's where I found out about Penn being a duelist in the first place). I know I'm probably not going to get it until judging, but as always comments and critiques are welcome.

Blog Entries
    William Penn: A pacifist servant, that's nice, but I'm not sure how he's supposed to win or finish a Holy Grail War without killing another servant, especially if everyone's not allowed to fight anywhere in the country if he activates his 2nd NP.
    I think the FC doesn't really match the description of a 17th century pacifist..
    Also, how is the 2nd NP Anti-World? it think it should be Anti-Violence...

US Friend Code
    Well, it's just a thing that only I seem to have, but 5 personal skills seem a bit much. I normally have a limit of 1-4 skills I put on my sheets unless it's a special servant, but you're free to ignore this since it's just a personal thing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyFour34 View Post
    William Penn: A pacifist servant, that's nice, but I'm not sure how he's supposed to win or finish a Holy Grail War without killing another servant, especially if everyone's not allowed to fight anywhere in the country if he activates his 2nd NP.
    I think the FC doesn't really match the description of a 17th century pacifist..
    Also, how is the 2nd NP Anti-World? it think it should be Anti-Violence...
    Thanks for the feedback. I didn't really expect it given the nature of this contest. I think I pretty much outlined his strategy for the Grail War, which is not to "win" at all but focus on spreading his second NP. He could theoretically beat other Servants without killing them through his first NP, but he'd ultimately run into problems with actually using the Grail since the Mana from killed Servants is what fuels it in the first place.

Funny that you mentioned the FC, since it actually (aside from the obvious anime embellishments) hews pretty close to the guy's appearance as a young man. Here's an artwork of him when he was around 20, for reference.

And his NP is Anti-World because it can theoretically spread to envelop the whole world. I thought of an Anti-Violence classification, but I've used that already for some other NPs and wanted to try something different.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chem24 View Post
    Well, it's just a thing that only I seem to have, but 5 personal skills seem a bit much. I normally have a limit of 1-4 skills I put on my sheets unless it's a special servant, but you're free to ignore this since it's just a personal thing.
    Fair enough, if I had to pick I'd probably scrap Pioneer Of The Stars, since it was mostly unnecessary aside from giving a little bit of extra flavor.

Personally I consider 5 to be just about the maximum for Personal Skills, but obviously everyone will have their own personal standards.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six Zork Knight's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Decided to redo an old one for this. It's been a while.

Faceclaim

Source: Naval Guard Simone, Shadowverse

True Name:
    Maria Ursula D'Abreu e Lencastro
    Class: Saber
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Attribute: Man
    Place of Origin: Portugal

STR: B
    END: C
    AGI: B
    MAG: D
    LCK: A
    NP: A

Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance: C
    As a relatively young Heroic Spirit, who never encountered real magic in her lifetime, Maria's rank in this skill is below average for a Saber.

Riding: B
    In her case, she specialized herself in horses, since they are an essential part of knighthood.

Personal Skills:
    Chivalry:
    A+
    By adhering to a code of chivalry, Maria is capable of emulating the skills commonly associated with knights, such as Battle Continuation, Bravery, Dragon Slayer and Guardian Knight, albeit at a reduced rank. If she ever breaks the code, this skill will be sealed.

Voyager of the Storm: B
    Maria reached the rank of captain in the Portuguese Navy, and was given control of a fortress in India; her skill in commanding and managing her troops is superb.

Noble Phantasms
    Baltasar
    Dream of Knighthood
    - Anti-Unit (Self), Rank A

A Noble Phantasm that embodies Saber's life, as a woman that disguised herself as a man to go on a great adventure. Upon activation, Maria Ursula D'Abreu e Lencastro will be replaced by Baltasar do Couto Cardoso.

Baltasar

Source: White Ridge Swordsman, Shadowverse.

Rather than truly manifesting another Servant, this Noble Phantasm uses Maria's Saint Graph, replacing her with a perfect-looking male knight. As Baltasar, her physical parameters and Magic Resistance all receive a Rank-UP, and Chivalry is decomposed into the skills it can emulate, all at Rank C, while Voyager of the Storm becomes sealed. While Baltasar seems to be a different person from Maria Ursula, their personality is virtually identical; he is, essentially, both her "ideal knight" and her "ideal self."

Unfortunately, Baltasar is only an Ephemereal Dream of Maria Ursula, and even with a steady supply of magical energy cannot remain in the world for long. Should this Noble Phantasm remain active for too long, the Saint Graph may suffer irreparrable damage.

Lore & Personality
    Spoiler:
    Dislikes: Being unoccupied
    Talent: Disguise
    Natural enemy: Miguel de Cervantes

A Brazilian woman of Portuguese descent, who lived in the 17th and 18th century. Maria Ursula D'Abreu e Lencastro belonged to a small noble family, descendants of the Lancasters of England. In her youth, she became obsessed with knighthood and chivalry after reading countless times the exploits of the Crusaders, King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table, Charlemagne and the Paladins, and many others. Yet, unlike what one might expect, she didn't merely want to marry a knight-in-shining-armor; she wanted to become one. Upon turning 18, she fled from her home in Rio de Janeiro to Lisbon, and there enlisted in the Portuguese navy disguised as a man, Baltasar do Couto Cardoso.

Maria Ursula went on to fight for Portugal in Goa, achieving many successes and even being promoted to captain and given control of a fortress, all while disguised as a man. However, she ended up infatuated with a fellow captain, and ultimately, romance defeated chivalry; Maria revealed herself to her comrades, and married her beloved with King John V's permission, ending her military career after 14 years of adventures. The king still awarded her for her services, and she remained in Goa for the rest of her life.

An adventurous and spirited young lady, who idolizes knights and chivalry, and does her best to act as an "ideal, proper knight", even while not looking the part. As a Servant, she sees no need in hiding her gender like she did in life, but her personality is almost the same as when she pretended to be Baltasar. While her "knight act" is virtually flawless, she might lose her composure in the presence of one of her idols.

Her wish for the Grail is to reincarnate in the past, back in medieval Europe, and become a real knight, joining one of the orders she read so much about.
    Last edited by Zork Knight; July 28th, 2017 at 12:13 AM.

Blog Entries
    Maria: Hmm... since they're both obsessed with an ephemeral dream of knighthood, how do you think she'd get along with my Don Quixote Servant?

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Maria: Hmm... since they're both obsessed with an ephemeral dream of knighthood, how do you think she'd get along with my Don Quixote Servant?
    Well, knowing that Don Quixote was an attempt by Cervantes to mock chivalry fans... you can imagine.

How many more days until this first one is over?

EDIT: nvm pls delete idiotic post

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zork Knight View Post
    Well, knowing that Don Quixote was an attempt by Cervantes to mock chivalry fans... you can imagine.
    Why would the original author's intentions color how she interacts with the character themselves though? Especially since my take on the Don is much more of an idealistic 'absurd heroine' figure...

JP Friend Code
    Why would the original author's intentions color how she interacts with the character themselves though?
    Because her entire infatuation with chivalry comes from books?
    Last edited by Zork Knight; July 28th, 2017 at 01:35 AM.

To hell with Thomas Edison kami-en's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Source: History

Class: Saber
    True Name: Alfred Hutton
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Place of Origin: Victorian England

Parameters:

STR: B
    END: B
    AGI: D+
    MGI: E
    LCK: C
    NP: C

Height: 1.84m
    Weight: 93.4kg
    Dislikes: Weak Soldiers, Fish.
    Talent: Master of the Sword before anything else.
    Natural Enemy:
    Attribute: Man
    Armament: A single sabre.
    Catalyst: Manuscript of "Old Swordplay".

Class Skills:
    Riding B:
    Hutton was good enough a rider to writte manuals on sword combat in horseback.
    Magic Resistance E:
    Hutton was but a normal man, he never knew about magecraft and mystery, nevertheless, as he is still a proper saber, he has a minimum degree of resistance.

Personal Skills:

Master of Blades A:
    This skill symbolizes one's mastery of armed close combat. It also serves as a combination of Eye of the Mind (true) and Bravery, but also makes it possible for the Servant to fight to anything that resembles a sword or dagger as if using an actual sword. At this level, Hutton could cut flesh and shatter bones even with a wooden stick.
    Battle Continuation C:
    Regardless of whether you kill your enemy, if you die, it's your defeat, that is the mindset of a master of the sword, of those who he learnt from and those he taught himself.
    Empirean Eye D: A Mystic Eye that makes a desired outcome 'inevitable' by means of completely dedicating yourself to achieving it. That is what it should be, but since Hutton himself was never aware of magecraft, he does not really know about this ability to put it to full potential, but it still greatly enhances the chances of what he commits himself to achieve.

Noble Phantasm(s):
    The Swordsmaster that went Beyond the Ages
    The Sword Through the Centuries A:

Anti-Swordsmen
    Max targets --
    Range --

Both the name of his last book and a description to his greatest achievement, Hutton studied every sword and sword combat style that came before him, and created one of his own to be both effective and elegant, he raised sword combat to the level of both science and art and, in fact, created the style used in theater and cinema for over a century, he influenced how the world sees swordsmanship today, having truly transcended time with his sword, it is the symbol of his complete commitment to the art of swordsmanship. In effect, the Noble Phantasm makes it so Hutton completely understand any form of close combat, he sees through feints easily and will not be fooled by unconventional or exotic moves, melee weapons and combat styles.

Lore:
    An Accomplished swordsman who managed to achieve mastery of the sword even after knowledge over it was lost, Hutton has little to no known stories from before entering the army, At a young age, the man abandoned college for a military career, and soon a higher officer, seeing that he had brought many swords, decided to challenge him to a duel, only to be easily beaten by the already much experienced fencer. Hutton was then invited to teach his fellow officers fencing and it is said their swordsmanship greatly improved, from there on, he dedicated his life to further studying, training, teaching, improving and writing on swordsmanship.

Personality:
    Hutton is serious and confident although not too arrogant, he is also highly sophisticated, paired with his good look, he could be called a lady-killer of sorts, but he gives little to no attention towards anything but a duel, or a discussion regarding armed martial arts. Since he is also very rather intelligent and rather good with tactics, he would pair much well with inexperienced masters. He however doesn't like underhanded tactics and prefer to win through honest duels, so he'd have a hard time with most magi from the Magic Association as a Master.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    woah! i somehow managed! i was thinking on a swordmaster even before i saw the requirement of saber class tbh, but i'm not much of a fan of unoriginal work, i was sure liechtenauer had been done before, even if in another thread, and, unexpectedly, came to discover master fiore had already been done before too, fortunately though, Hutton isn't all that known and i knew enough about him to try my hand. i was really worried regarding the stats, i couldn't have then too high, since he is a modern servant, but i wanted str and end to give him justice, coz i've trained his style before and man, is it though, he had to be a monster to be that strong. i'm not sure i'm satisfied with what i managed, feels a bit too over the top in some parts, but at least the image i have of him was somehow conveyed. i though him to be a servant of little magical powers, but that, regardless of how strong you are yourself, you must not face in a straight forward combat, i imagine caster and archer to having the easiest time dealing with him, but berserkers and assassins falling down soon in combat.

Blog Entries
    Hutton: Firstly, welcome to the forum! Never heard of this guy before, but it's interesting to see a "pure" swordsman in the Saber Class for once without any beamu shenanigans or whatnot. His NP feels a little ill-defined though. I get you didn't want to go with something ridiculously flashy (again, no beamu shenanigans) but honestly from the way this NP is described it sounds just like a hyped up form of the Eye Of The Mind Skill (that he already has anyway).

If you want to stick with the concept of "understanding all forms of swordsmanship" then I'd suggest making it so he can copy other sword techniques just by looking at them or something like that (with obvious limitations that he can only reproduce techniques a normal human should be capable of doing rather then reality-breaking stuff like Tsubame Gaeshi). That'd be more worthy of an actual NP, while still staying true to the idea you outlined.

To hell with Thomas Edison kami-en's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Hutton: Firstly, welcome to the forum! Never heard of this guy before, but it's interesting to see a "pure" swordsman in the Saber Class for once without any beamu shenanigans or whatnot. His NP feels a little ill-defined though. I get you didn't want to go with something ridiculously flashy (again, no beamu shenanigans) but honestly from the way this NP is described it sounds just like a hyped up form of the Eye Of The Mind Skill (that he already has anyway).
    That is exactly how i felt tbh, was quite unsure how to work it out, i could have made him have a higher rank of Eye of the Mind, but that would kind of be too ridiculous, i wanted him to be something like an european version of sasaki, but... well... ultimate techniques are... kind of dumb for european swordsmanship standarts, so i couldn't give him anything like Tsubame Gaeshi.
    A Stealing tehcnique on the other hand, would actually have been quite good, he did learn older techniques by pure study, not to say how said techniques also included disarming your oponent... will have it in mind for RPG campaigns using him.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Maria Ursula D'Abreu e Lencastro: I was working on a sheet for the woman who impersonated Jeanne d'Arc that was basically the same principals as this but you've pulled this off pretty dang well so there goes that idea :/

US Friend Code
    How many weeks are left?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's in the OP

Quote Originally Posted by 87 View Post
    The end date for submissions for this round will be three weeks from now, on 8/6/17, at 12:01 AM. At that time, voting will begin. Voting ends 8/13/17 at 12:01 AM, at which point the next contest shall begin.