Page 9 of 367 FirstFirst ... 47891011141959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Alright pals, only about a week left, so if anyone hasn't gotten their entries in yet, now is the time. Good luck!

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Bird of Hermes's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I was planning on surprising y'all with a sheet for Rhydderch Hael but it's by no means ready for release and the Claudes des Armoises stuff isn't suited for the class after all. I'll just stick with Charlemagne Alter and see how it goes, I don't really have the best track records with contests here but oh well.

I've half a mind for the entries I'm voting for already.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    I was planning on surprising y'all with a sheet for Rhydderch Hael but it's by no means ready for release and the Claudes des Armoises stuff isn't suited for the class after all. I'll just stick with Charlemagne Alter and see how it goes, I don't really have the best track records with contests here but oh well.

I've half a mind for the entries I'm voting for already.
    It's a pretty tough competition already. I mean, 20 entries and you can only vote for three. So it's tricky.

US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 View Post
    Alright pals, only about a week left, so if anyone hasn't gotten their entries in yet, now is the time. Good luck!
    Sketching was a mistake. I spent the majority of this contest throwing away and redrawing designs instead of actually working on the sheet.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by chem24 View Post
    Sketching was a mistake. I spent the majority of this contest throwing away and redrawing designs instead of actually working on the sheet.

Blog Entries
    This is when Google Image becomes really useful

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Omida's Avatar
    Faceclaim

“You know, if someone told me in life I would wield blade from the future, I would laught.”

Class: Saber
    Other Classes: Lancer
    True Name: Boleslav I the Brave, First King of Poland
    Alignment: Chaotic Good
    Place of Origin: Poland

Height: 1.80m
    Weight: 95kg (with armour)
    Dislikes: 'That damned chronicler'(Thietmar of Merseburg),
    Talent: expanding his realm, administration, military campaigns
    Natural Enemy: Thietmar, Henry II
    Attribute: Man
    Traits: King, Culture Hero, Paradoxical Noble Phantasm
    Armament: Jagged Sword
    Catalyst: Jagged Sword, Spear of St. Maurice

Personality
    Charismatic man, who easily makes friends. Saber has an aura of a man who knows what he wants in life and how to get it.
    In battle, he will not hesitate to exploit every moment of weakness or distraction presented to him, as he believes that doing otherwise would be doing his opponent dishonour by assuming less of them.

Saber seems to have a distaste for people who want to be where history is made so they could record it. In his own words, chroniclers are constantly unreliable propaganda pieces.

He is somewhat perplexed by the sword with which he got summoned, but once it's explained to him, he just shrugs it off and uses it as material for jokes and anecdotes.

STR: B
    END: C
    AGI: C
    MGI: C
    LCK: A
    NP: B

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance: B
    Protection against magical effects that cancels all spells below three verses and makes one difficult to target even by High Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals. Despite living well into Age of Man, Saber often had to contend with hostile magics of pagan tribes and secret cults targeting Piast dynasty for turning back from the old gods in favour of Christianity, which granted him enough protection, that soon it became not worth the effort to target him via magic.

Riding: B
    Ability to handle mounts and vehicles with above average skill. Despite Saber's lack of legendary feats of riding, he certainly travelled and campaigned often enough, that his skill improved through experience alone.

Personal Skills:

Golden Rule(Prosperity): B
    Skill that denotes one's ability to acquire wealth, and in Saber's particular variant, to ensure prosperity of his kingdom. When Saber took the throne, Poland was considered backwards newcomer to the Christian table and it was through his work and dedication, that when Congress of Gniezno occurred, he was able to awe his guests with display of wealth of his nation that was received as more than mere flaunting of riches. If Saber is showing off his wealth in ways that indicate his ability as a ruler, this skill will act as a powerful aura of intimidation, requiring all who witness him to pass the will check to resist becoming intimidated by suggested power, though it can be negated by skills protecting from mental interference. Were he summoned as Lancer, he could have used the same display to increase power of his Noble Phantasm.

Imperial Favor: A
    Indicates one's ability in gaining friendship and favour of ruler of greater standing than oneself while presenting one as an equal. For all accounts, Saber had been one of the best friends of Roman Emperor Otto III, while still a prince, and was gifted by him with a copy of a Holy Lance. Whatever the truth, Saber gains effects of Charisma and Charming Disposition at B-rank.

Nation Builder: A
    Denotes one's status as the one who contributed to creating nation state in somewhat modern sense. While normally such a skill would belong at full power only to the first historical monarch of a nation, it was during Saber's reign that Poland became respected international player and expanded the most, and so he shares it with his father. Were he summoned in Poland, Saber would require basically no mana to maintain and class specific Noble Phantasms would be wielded by him regardless of the class he was summoned into. Otherwise he gains rank up to physical parameters when facing against Servants hailing from countries with witch he fought in life (Germany, Bohemia, Hungary, Kiev Rus).

Noble Phantasm

Paradoxical Crowning Sword
    Szczerbiec

Type: Anti-Gate
    Targets: 1
    Legendary crowning sword of Polish monarchs that according to legend Boleslav notched on the Golden Gates of Kiev. In actuality it is nothing more than national myth. It's certain that Boleslav wielded sword on his numerous campaigns and that the Jagged Sword exists, but it was forged two centuries after Boleslav's time, and the Golden Gates would not be build until twenty years after Kiev Expedition. And yet, Boleslav wields what is unmistakably 'a sword of Polish kings'. It is thanks to his legend as nation's father and Jagged Sword's own affiliation with kings of Poland that he can use it.

Normally, Jagged Sword is merely a finely made blade that serves only Polish kings and thus, is expression of their authority over all Poles. In Boleslav's hands, thanks to military connotation it gains, it is a true weapon of combat gaining unique attributes that are more a result of Boleslav's legend than the Sword's.

Under Boleslav, Jagged Sword gains 'Anti-Gate' attribute, crystallising legend of striking Golden Gates of Kiev. Such concentration of paradoxes gives the sword the ability to create and exploit vital opening in enemy's defences before it is even drawn. Should Boleslav actually declare it's name, each strike will hit with the force equal to the battering ram striking at the fortifications, and thus, impossible to defend without being dealt heavy injuries.

Author's Notes:

Well, I had a lot of fun with this one, especially Noble Phantasm.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think that's the fourth or fifth time I've seen that pic of Zhong Hui used as a faceclaim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    I think that's the fourth or fifth time I've seen that pic of Zhong Hui used as a faceclaim.
    I think it comes up on GImages when you search "knight" or some shit

so that's my guess as to why

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Omida's Avatar
    I think it comes up on GImages when you search "knight" or some shit

so that's my guess as to why
    Yep, that's how I found it. I grabbed it because honestly, he wasn't over the top like most of the rest and quality was good.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    I know. I came across it while looking for an FC for William Penn, but skipped over it for exactly that reason (too overused).

When you have your top three more or less thought out and you just want the current contest to end so you have extra time on the next one.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries

“I am a Servant of the Saber Class. Glory for you! Death for them! Be it doing charities or doing dirty works, I’ll do whatever you commands!”

Source: Dark Soul and Ar Tonelico: Melody of Elemia, + few editing

Other class: Rider, Berserker
    Origin: Historical Facts, Wales and England (100 Year War)
    Height/Weight: 188 cm/60 kg
    Alignment: Lawful Good/Chaotic Evil

Parameter:
    STR B MGI D
    AGI C LCK C
    END B NP B

Dislikes: French militants
    Talent: Politics
    Natural Enemy: Trap of Argalia
    Attribute: Man
    Trait: British
    Catalyst: Shield of Peace’s replica

Appearance:
    He is summoned in his younger days, taking form as a young adult with golden hair. He has skin so pale that match nicely with his silver armor. Once activating his strongest NP, his entire armor become pitch black, sinister spikes grows on all parts and a helmet with three ostrich feathers motif conceal his face.

Personality
    To put it bluntly, Saber is a man with two face. Honest, chivalrous, yet owning a blunt tongue, he say whatever his heart says without consideration. However such honesty can be fueled by patriotism, pragmatism and hatred to become cruel and sadistic toward his enemy. As he being honest to his rage, so he hate, so his sword act. This is not formed because hypocrisy, but rather, both are his true self.

But what people didn't know about him is that he criticize himself the most. Feeling of inferiority toward his own family; be it his younger brother and his own son. He question his competency as a leader- and as a person. For him, what matter the most is a frontal appreciation.

"What I likes? I love a fair joust! A man can only show his worth by proving it with his might."
    "What I hate? There is a lot to count for, I do hate French army, I guess..."
    "My wish? I want to know the reason why I can't be a king, why I can be easily struck down by random knight... All the glory and triumph from those expeditions, somehow, feels hollow..."

Armament and Combat:
    Saber mostly fight wielding his broadsword and protect himself with his shield. He is a man that loves sportsmanship, using a sword style that can be described as 'the noble way.'

However, he is also a man that spent his lifetime in the battlefield, so he can become pragmatic. Aiming for a quick and clean beheading, then proceed to other enemy, then beheaded them, and repeat. This can be absolutely possible with the help of his most powerful Noble Phantasm.

Class Skill:
    Riding B
    In his life, Saber is a skilled joust. He able to mount any kind of vehicles, ranging from horses to modern bikes, so long it isn’t a member of Phantasmal Beast.

Magic Resistance D
    Cancel single target spell. Thought magecraft might be a common thing in the battlefield, perhaps he only encounter practical magecraft like Gandr, or luckily never encounter one at all.

Personal Skill:
    Two Side of The Same Coin A
    A skill of a Servant with two conflicting history and personality during the same stage of his life, granting him the ability to change his thought and decision between the two persona. At this rank, a complete change of alignment, Skill, NP and personality from "chivalrous and brave" into "savage and calculative" become possible.

Saber's exploit in history between his chivalrous tendency and war crime has been accepted by historian as facts.

Military Tactic D/ Brutal Tactic A
    A skill of one’s tactical knowledge during battle when many being mobilized. At this rank, Saber gain a higher advantage when utilizing an army with higher number.

However, using Two Side of The Same Coin change this skill into something more efficient. Forgetting honor in favor of efficiency, Saber utilize his army to leave destruction to enemy’s side as big as possible, while decreasing the loss of his army as small as possible. Even that means using brutal and immoral way of combat.

Charisma C/ Fear Infliction B
    A skill that indicates one’s ability to lead. At this rank, Saber able to lead his army efficiently. However, using Two Side of The Same Coin change it into Fear Infliction, an ability to intimidate his enemy solely by his presence, effectively decreasing enemies ability to calculate the battlefield by significant margin.

While he is indeed a model knight that inspires all of his army, he also the very same men that scarred many French militant and civilian due to his feared reputation.

Noble Phantasm:

Ich Dien
    Shield of Peace For My People

Anti Army (self)
    Rank E

A shield with Saber's personal logo- three ostrich feathers carved in its front. A "Shield of Peace" that symbolize his romantic and chivalrous tendency as a model knight. A Noble Phantasm that Saber really possess in his life, taken from the blind king- John of Bohemia after the Battle of Crecy.

The shield name, Ich Dien serve as a pun of similar sounding Wales phrase 'Eich Dyn' meaning Your Man. It also double as a symbol for his most successful exploit as the "Hero of Crecy" for British army. Both causing an increase to his Charisma and Military Tactic to the highest possible rank.

This Noble Phantasm is only accessible when he is under his chivalrous knight persona by Two Side of The Same Coin Skill. If summoned as a Rider, it will gain additional effect to force his enemy to a jousting match.

The Black Prince
    Armor of Terror For Your People

Anti Unit (self)
    Rank B

The other Noble Phantasm that accessible for his warmonger persona, taking an appearance of a spiked pitch black armor. The spikes doesn't serve any practical use, but rather a symbol of "Black Prince's" cruelty. This Noble Phantasm may or may not Saber possess in his life. Nevertheless, its existence is unable to be separated with Saber's fame.

Once activated, the silver armor Saber wear become black and become more sinister. It increase Saber's END, STR, AGI by 1 rank and gains a maddening effects similar with Mad Enhancement, but maintain his rationality. Due to being summoned as a Saber, it carry the concept of "Villain of Limoges" or "the sword that beheaded 3000 people indiscriminately", which caused every part of the armor become sharp enough to behead a person and the ability to transform the armor into blades.

Saber's real identity, Edward of Woodstock actually never had "The Black Prince" armor in his life and as such, can be translated as a separate being from him- causing this Noble Phantasm able to be deployed as a walking soulless warrior, effectively become a double Servant fighting alongside Edward.

Lore

Edward of Woodstock, later known as The Black Prince is a prince and military commander serving the English army during the 100 year war. He is best known for his chivalrous and brutal deed during the war.

Edward, being the first born prince, is expected to succeed the throne. He, for the most part, qualify as a king and in turn, he work hard for his rightful crown. Showing a great leadership on the battlefield, yet owning a clever mind of politicians, surely befits of a heir. He love his country so much, that, he willing to sacrifice anything for the sake of England. He is the model figure that every soldiers aspire for and he do care for all of them.

In the era where chivalry has been a husk of its former shell, he still honor those he fight in the battlefield. But if such thing means the death of his soldiers, he willingly abandoned such believe if he see fits.

Burn, kill and rape, he order his men to do such. Perhaps he secretly a cruel person, perhaps it just a sheer pragmatism. His men justify his deeds by saying he did so to ensure victory, to prevent any information leak and to make sure his soldiers remain sane.

Later, he was struck down from his horse by a lance and critically injured by it. He died shortly afterwards, without tasting the throne he longed for.

Glories he bring to his nation, tragedies he bring to his enemies. That is what the Black Prince has to do.

Relationship

King Arthur and Richard I:
    Those guys are the people that I aspire to be. For them, who did not abandon the way of chivalry without shaken, I might look disgusting.

Mordred:
    Knight of Treachery, Sir Mordred. To think someone I didn’t want to be, actually similar with I am as a person, is…

Joan of Arc and Gilles:
    Fighting together with these guys? Bloody hell, talk about fate! They are French, but… They are a better person than I am.

Astolfo:
    A bloody traitor aside, that lance, I don’t want to fight this guy...

Alright. Just one day left before voting begins. Last chance to submit anything for this contest.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just so y'all know, if you like both of my entries about equally and want to vote for one of them, please do so for the one with the most votes. I'd hate to have making two entries actually lower my chances of winning here...

Blog Entries
    Hope I'm not too late. Here's my 2nd Seiba, as well my 2nd Yi servant sheet.

Class : Saber
    Alternate Class : Archer, Rider
    Identity : Yi Sun-sin
    Origin : Korea (16th century)
    Alignment : Neutral Good

PARAMETERS :
    STR : B
    END : D
    AGL : B
    MGI : D
    LCK : B
    NP : B

CLASS SKILLS
    Magic Resistance : C
    A skill that grants the Servant protection against magical effects, not only by rejecting the magical energy but by canceling the spells altogether. At this rank, Saber can only cancel spells with below 2 verses and cannot defend against Grand Ritual or High Thaumaturgy. Saber does not have a particularly high resistance against magical effects, but one of his Noble Phantasm compensates his lack of protection against stronger magical effects.

Riding : C++
    A skill that denotes the Servant’s ability to handle and ride mounts and vehicles. At this rank, most vehicles and animals can be handled with above average skill. However, Saber cannot ride the likes of Phantasmal Species such as Monstrous Beasts, let alone those of the Dragonkind. Saber is especially skilled in operating vehicles resembling a ship.

PERSONAL SKILLS
    Charisma : B
    A composite skill that consisted of a person’s charm as well as the natural talent to command or unify an army or nation. Increases the ability of allies during group battles, also makes it easier to negotiate with others or to gain allies easier. Saber was someone who was famed for his charismatic personality and actions, and until now is still revered as Korea’s best war hero.

Strategy : B++
    A skill that denotes the ability to seize things in broader perspective, such as logistics and diplomacy, in order to decide victory before the fighting even begun. As someone who is known for his great achievement and strategical exploits as a general and admiral to defend Korea from Japanese invasion, Saber has this skill at really high rank. Saber was a man that always make the best carefully made plans to avoid unnecessary sacrifices, and making sure that the preparations were ready before engaging the enemy in battle. Because of this, he has never been defeated in any battles, even if his army was heavily outnumbered.

Battle Continuation : C
    A skill that allows the continuation of combat even after sustaining mortal wounds, and also reduces the mortality rate from injury. This skill represents the Servant’s ability or will to survive or the mentality of those who don't know when to give up, consisting one’s strength of vitality in predicaments. In his life, Saber had survived several mortal wounds and had successfully escaped from conditions where most peoples would rather give up than continue fighting, like when he was stripped down from his position and thrown to jail by a rival, or when he faced the overwhelming numbers of the Japanese Navy, these achievements grants him this skill at C-rank.

Instant Mastery : C+
    A skill representing one’s capability to learn and master abilities or skills within a short amount of time. This skill allows the Servant to automatically learn necessary skills or abilities to adapt to any situation, even if they don’t have any experience concerning these abilities. At higher ranks, the skills and abilities one can learn become broader.

Despite his lack of any experience in naval warfare, Saber has been recognized worldwide as one of the greatest Admiral in history. It is also said that Saber had mastered various other abilities and skills during his life, despite having no knowledge or experience in these subjects before, which made him promoted into a high position in relatively short time.

NOBLE PHANTASM
    Kareui Norae
    Song of the Swords
    Type : Anti-Army
    The twin heavy longswords that Saber uses as his main weapon, which becomes a proper Noble Phantasm when summoned as Saber. The name of these swords are unknown, it is also unknown whether Saber had ever named these swords at all, the name “Kareui Norae” comes from the Korean Novel that depicts his life and legends.

These swords are durable and strong, and also have a special power. When using a downward vertical slash, the power and force of the swords are equal to those of C-ranked hammers or axes Noble Phantasms, allowing Saber to knock down enemies quickly. This is because these swords were used against enemies trying to scale the sides of the vessel of a ship.

Upon the activation of its true name, Saber will merge the twin swords together, forming a single large sword. This sword’s vertical downward slash power and force will be 4 times greater than normal, in addition to the power up, this form also provides the sword with another ability. When using a sideways horizontal slash, this sword will generate a powerful gust of wind that equals to a B-ranked Anti-Army Noble Phantasm, Saber can also utilize this to create a destructive whirlwind that spreads to all direction if he used a spinning sword slash. This power derives from Saber’s legend on the book Honamjeoluirok, which said that Saber can sink enemy ships with a gust of wind created by the swing of a sword. However, these special powers require quite large amounts of mana to be able to use it at full power.

Geobukseon
    Iron-clad Spiked Shell
    Type : Barrier, Anti-Unit
    A Noble Phantasm in form of a spiked shield, which represents the spiked deck that was used to cover the top of the Turtle Ship—the ship that Saber resurrected and improved to use against the Japanese invasion—which served to deter enemies from boarding the ship. This Noble Phantasm also represents Saber’s Turtle Ship as the world’s first ironclad ship, and Saber’s overall feats and achievement when commanding these ships against the Japanese invaders.

This shield can protect Saber against most physical attacks, as well as offering extra protection against offensive magical spells, it also has a small chance to bounce back the enemy’s attack into—possibly—themselves. The long protruding spikes of this shield prevent enemies from attacking Saber too near, and also allows Saber to bash the enemy with this shield. Which means that this Noble Phantasm can be used for both defensive and offensive purposes.

Upon the incantation of its true name, this Noble Phantasm gained 2 more special powers. First, the shield will transform into a full body armor, which would be automatically worn by Saber, this allows him to move more freely and makes it easier for him to use his sword(s). Saber would also gain the ability to shoot metal spikes from his armor, which allows him to impale unsuspecting enemies.

Personality and stuff
    Likes : Learning, military activities, chivalry, promotion.
    Dislikes : Rivalry, politics, ramen.
    Talents : Making plans, designing something, commanding.
    Natural Enemies : Toyotomi Hideyoshi and his commanders.
    Catalyst : His Turtle Ship’s ship wheel.
    Loyalty : Very loyal.
    Wish for the Grail : Saber has already achieved his wish.

History
    Yi Sun-sin (April 28, 1545 – December 16, 1598) was a Korean naval commander, famed for his victories against the Japanese navy during the Imjin war in the Joseon Dynasty, and is well-respected for his exemplary conduct on and off the battlefield not only by Koreans, but by Japanese admirals as well. Military historians have placed General Yi Sun-Sin on par with Admiral Horatio Nelson as arguably the greatest naval commander in history for his undefeated record against seemingly insurmountable odds despite no background in naval training. His title of Samdo Sugun Tongjesa, literally meaning "Naval Commander of the Three Provinces," was the title for the commander of the Korean navy until 1896.

Perhaps his most remarkable military achievement occurred at the Battle of Myeongnyang. Outnumbered 133 warships to 13, and forced into a last stand with only his minimal fleet standing between the Japanese Army and Seoul, he still managed to leave 31 of the 133 Japanese warships either destroyed or impaired, without losing a single ship of his own.

Despite never having received naval training or participating in naval combat prior to the war, and constantly being outnumbered and outsupplied, he went to his grave as one of few admirals in world history who remained undefeated after commanding as many naval battles as he did (at least 23).

Yi died at the Battle of Noryang on December 16, 1598. With the Japanese army on the verge of being completely expelled from the Korean Peninsula, he was mortally wounded by a single bullet. His famous dying words were, "The battle is at its height...beat my war drums...do not announce my death."

The royal court eventually bestowed various honors upon him, including a posthumous title of Chungmugong (Duke of Loyalty and Warfare), an enrollment as a Seonmu Ildeung Gongsin (First-class military order of merit during the reign of Seonjo), and two posthumous offices, Yeonguijeong (Prime Minister), and the Deokpung Buwongun (The Prince of the Court from Deokpung). Yi remains a venerated hero among Koreans today.

- - - Updated - - -

Here are the Servant sheets for this contest so far :

Last edited by 34; August 5th, 2017 at 03:45 AM.

US Friend Code
    Even if I was too late, can I still upload my sheet here?

- - - Updated - - -

Am I too late? Am I on time? I don't know, all I know is that drawings are still unfinished. :/
    Servant identity has been hidden for no reason whatsoever. The hints lie in the personality profile and the (currently not there) faceclaim.
    Still under construction due to technical problems
    ===================================
    "Servant, Saber. On your command, I shall present the heads of your enemies to my sincerest ability. However..."
    True Name: Minamoto no Yoshitsune
    Alignment: Chaotic - Neutral
    Class: Saber (Rider)
    Height: 172cm | Weight: 60kg
    Armaments: Dual Katanas, Horse
    Dislikes: Lazy soldiers, Being betrayed
    Talents: Battle and military strategies
    Natural Enemy: Jason, Minamoto no Yoritomo

Strength: C | Endurance: B++ | Agility: A+ | Mana: B | Noble Phantasm: A+

Legend
    In the past, she used to go by the name "Ushiwakamaru".
    The famed ill-fated military commander whose popularity is only rivalled by the likes of Oda Nobunaga in Japan, Yoshitsune's tales of her exploits and untimely defeat was one of the greatest examples of a tragic hero in history.
    Born during the Heiji Rebellion that had claimed the life of her father, Yoshitsune was put under the care of the Kurama Temple which is when she took up her childhood name in order to hide from enemies. During her stay, it was said that she had met with the Kurama Tengu, who had awarded her with the arts of war.
    After stories of her victories spread amongst the ears of the people, Yoshitsune would soon become the target of her brother's resentment. That she was unaware... no, had refused to acknowledge right until her final moments when she was forced to commit seppuku by her own hand. In present-day Japan, the term Hangan-biki ("failed hero", or "sympathy for the tragic hero") stems from one of Yoshitsune's titles that she had received from the imperial court.

Class Skills
    Magic Resistance - B

Cancels spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for them to be affected.
    Saber's high rank is due to the influence of Tengu's Arts of War. Without it, it is displayed as C or D.

Riding - A+
    All vehicles and all creatures up to the level of Phantasmal Beast and Divine Beast can be used as mounts. However, that does not apply to members of the Dragon Kind.

Personality
    A samurai who remains calm and composed in the heat of battle, Saber is always maintaining a degree of bushido to some extent. At the same time however, a cold-blooded killer when the need for it surfaces. While Saber finds more pride in her skill with the blade, it is her bold ingenuity that would better be fit a tactician than any average warrior that makes her a deadly threat. If there was a distinguishing trait and a flaw that Saber possesses as a warrior however, that would be her lack of fear towards the battlefield.
    Strangely enough, despite her appearance and disposition as a chivalrous samurai, Saber is unusually distrusting, even of her own Master. This makes Saber one of the most treacherous servants to summon in a normal grail war, as she is more than willing to defect to other sides of she spies a more beneficial opportunity. The reason for this paranoia is more than likely tied to Saber's legend.
    Spoiler:
    A cold-blooded, taciturn personality that almost makes Ushiwakamaru seem like a completely different person. If one were to carefully earn her trust somehow, they might realise that at her roots, what lies at the basis is almost unchanged. If a proper bond and devotion has been somehow forged, Yoshitsune would whole-heartedly follow that person to the ends of the earth, for as long as her Servant body can persist.
    "Huh, back when I was foolishly naive, I had used to hold Yoritomo in the same light as you... Is this the cruel hand of fate, I wonder.
    Hmm? What are you dawdling around for like that? With my arts of war and skills as a natural prodigy, we could even take over this entire country if you wished it so!"

Personal Skills
    Charisma - B

A composite skill consisting of a person's charm, as well as the natural talent to command and unify an army or a county. At this rank, it is more than sufficient enough to lead a nation as its King or Queen.
    Having manifested in her form at the height of her popularity, Ushiwakamaru's + modifier has been rendered permanent.

Spoiler:
    Quick-Witted Swallow (Hassou Tobi) - B+
    A skill representing the nimble and lightweight body of Saber's. With her body as light as a swallow, Saber is more than capable of dodging terrifying blows with ease, and leaping movements are possible so long as there is even the slightest foothold.
    If additional amounts of prana can be expended, jumping power can also increase in short bursts similarly to Mana Burst.

Tengu's Arts of War - A++
    A skill derived from the anecdote of having learned the arts of war from a tengu - an existence beyond humans. At this rank, Saber steps into the realm of the Tengu despite being a human. Provides bonuses to combat skills such as swordsmanship, martial arts, and archery, as well as skills such Military Tactics and Magic Resistance with a proficiency level of B~A Rank.
    Said to have been a natural genius in the ways of war, Saber would continue to refine the arts of war even after she had left the Kurama Temple.

Noble Phantasms
    Ima-no-Tsurugi ~ Brilliant Light Blessed by the Heavens
    Type: Anti-Unit | Rank: C (A)
    A magical sword said to have been bestowed upon Saber in a flash of brilliant light during her days at the Kurama Temple, it remained on Saber's person throughout her entire career. When she faced her end, Saber used the blade to end her own life.
    A katana with a golden hilt, the blade always glows with a brilliant light until it is sheathed. By unleashing the blade's power, blasts of brilliant light can be be released up to mid-range, equivalent in power to a single strike of an A-ranking Noble Phantasm.

Usumidori ~ Renowned Heavenly Blade of the Kumano Mountains
    Type: Anti-Unit (Anti-Demon) | Rank: B+
    An ancestral weapon of the Minamoto Clan that bore many names throughout its lifetime, bestowed upon Saber by her brother who had felt unworthy of carrying such a sword at the time. Reminding Saber of the light green Kumamoto Mountains, she boldly decided to rename it to the Usumidori.
    A katana that possesses a distinctly light green blade, possessing fearsomely sharp cutting power without a doubt. Due to an anecdote where one of her ancestors was said to have slain the Earth Spider with the same blade, it deals additional damage against those with the "Demon" or "Monster" attribute.

Short Steps, Tengu's Shukuchi Dance with the Blade
    Type: Anti-Personnel Secret Technique | Rank: -
    A secret technique utilising the footwork of the tengu, it is a single decisive blow produced by the tengu's arts and Saber's ruthless skill with the blade.
    Using the Shukuchi steps of the tengu, Saber temporarily becomes an existence similar to a tengu for only several seconds, and then launches a single attack aimed at her target during those moments. Once the attack connects and causes a single wound on the body, no matter how small the cut, it creates a localised breakdown in causality at the point of the wound, forcing the injury to suddenly burst open only a few moments later. In addition, this effect can be executed with any kind of attack, from a slash to a thrust, for as long as a cut is made. As a result, this attack can be difficult to avoid.

Creator Notes
    1. So, in the first place I made this sheet because I had a feeling Yoshitsune was going to appear in FGO somehow. Then this contest happened and then I put way more effort into this than my first draft and I've started rushing.
    2. The scariest thing was Obsidian suddenly producing a Soujoubou sheet while I was still thinking up ideas for this sheet.
    3. It still blows my mind that Ushiwakamaru is as tall as Scathach.
    4. For all my sources, it was never clear on what kind of skills Tengu's Arts of War and give aside from Military Tactics or Magic Resistance.
    5. Ima-no-Tsurugi's appearance was somewhat taken from Warriors Orochi.
    6. More seriously about the sheet however, all of Ushi's NPs have been sublimated somewhere on this sheet. 2 have been nerfed, 1 stays the same, and 2 have been deconstructed and wanked as the basis for the NPs.
    7. Yoshitsune's character and personality was inspired from hints in Babylonia, Corrupted Ushi's lines and both of Ushi's death scenes. Also, apparently Ushi hints about Yoshitsune at the end of Onigashima, but I don't have translations for that so I'm not sure.
    8. Technique was inspired by that clichè samurai thing with Iai where they seemingly dash through the opponent, sheathe their sword, and then suddenly blood comes out.
    Last edited by chem24; August 6th, 2017 at 12:51 AM.

Even if I was too late, can I still upload my sheet here?

- - - Updated - - -

Am I too late? Am I on time? I don't know, all I know is that drawings are still unfinished. :/
    You still have like 11 hours. "The night is young", as they say. Even though it's only about noon EDT

US Friend Code
    You still have like 11 hours. "The night is young", as they say. Even though it's only about noon EDT
    I actually uploaded my sheet twice. Somehow, on the first attempt it got deleted. Then I panicked and thought you guys were already starting due to timezones, checked the first page and thought to upload the sheet again.

Blog Entries
    Hope I'm not late to the party! Ending up rushing the sheet a little.

faceclaim

Name: Master Cat, The Booted
    Alignment: Neutral Good

Attribute: Human
    Likes: Wildlife, Long Naps, Laziness, Fish, Enclosed Spaces
    Dislikes: Dogs, Water, Loud Noises, Mice
    Talents: Charisma, Hunting, Know-How
    Weapon: Claws, Short Sword
    Natural Enemy: Cu Cuchulain
    Summoning Catalyst: The flesh of an ogre accompanied by a bowl of fresh cream

STR: C
    AGI: A
    END: C
    MGI: D
    LCK: A
    NP: D

Class Skills:

Magic Resistance
    Grants protection against magical effects.

• B+: Cancel spells with a chant below three verses. Even if targeted by High-Thaumaturgy and Greater Rituals, it is difficult for him to be affected.The nature of cats and cat-like beings manifested as Servants is innately atavistic, calling back to the image of cat-as-totem and the cat as witch's familiar; offensive magic that targets Saber's person is automatically rejected, while protective charms and healing effects have their potency doubled.

Riding
    The capacity to ride mounts and vehicles. It is said that Dragon-type mounts are an exception, requiring an additional ability.

• -: Perhaps because his existence is closer to that of a mount than the rider, Saber's Riding Skill has been sealed in order to increase the effectiveness of his more animalistic abilities.

Personal Skills:

Animal Dialogue (Man)
    Typically represents communication of intention with animals that do not speak a 'language of words'.
    • EX: As Saber is technically an animal himself, the usual effects of the Skill are inverted. While communication with wildlife is possible, to the extent that even abstract notions can be conveyed without flaw regardless of the target's intelligence, Saber's true talent his ability to engage in dialogue with mankind itself. Despite lacking a traditionally-human mind, Master Cat is able to perfectly grasp the art of conversation with his fellow Servants, such that he is considered to have specialised variants of Charisma, Discernment of the Poor, Espionage and Human Observation that apply purely to interactions with humanoids. While the ranks for these Skills is usually at C-Rank, should the target be unaware of his identity, the rank is instead set at A++. Through mere observation and careful planning, Master Cat was able to correctly gauge the character of human culture and arrange his master's ascension to power. A "mastermind-like" skill for a Servant who, while ineffectual as a combatant, excels in the fields of diplomacy, trickery, and simple intimidation. In a typical Holy Grail War therefore, Saber will typically prioritise playing enemy Servants off against one another and forming conflicting alliances, using whatever forms of deception are at his disposal to accomplish his Master's ends.

Eye of the Mind (False)
    A natural talent to avoid danger on the basis of an innate 6th sense, intuition, or prescience, where accuracy of instinct has been augmented by experience - somewhat overcoming the problem of visual obstructions that appear in the course of combat.
    • C: Rather than any supernatural talent of note, this is merely the uncanny ability of cats to sense danger, intuit the condition of others, and locate their prey. Comparable to a hunter's instinct, Saberis at all times aware of threats to either himself or his Master, the possibility of an impending attack, and so on. Even outside of the threat of immediate combat, his knack at seeing through attempts at deception or disguise is such that only a Noble Phantasm of B rank or above is able to fool his finely-tuned senses.

Archetypal Tale (Fairy)
    Denotes that the hero's tale is part of archetypal tradition, potentially providing bonuses against foes within the same archetype, or providing additional bonuses in events that properly emulate the hero's history.

• A: In Saber's case, he represents the archetype of the donor fairy tale - to be more specific, tales depicting the phenomenon of animal as helper, wherein a young hero is tested or assisted by beastly companions. In all the Western canon no tale holds the same prestige in this category as that of Master Cat, Puss in Boots, the loyal feline who through deceit and rhetoric brought fame to his master, and as such his authority over this tradition as a whole is utterly unmatched among Servants. While it is at times a situational skills, should he be faced with Servants who of the same tradition who call upon animal companions - such as the Grey Wolf of Ivan Tsarevich, Prince Charming's noble steed, the three beasts of Momotarou or even some of the familiars used by Alice Kuonji - his hegemony over them will immediately manifest, subsuming their tale and marking it part of his own. In practice, this means that all such animals used against him will at once experience a change in their loyalties, a mental rewrite that causes them to regard Saber's Master as their lord rather than their original hero. Furthermore, should the hero in question attempt to prevent this, there is a chance they themselves will be transformed into an animal likewise loyal to Saber's Master. This is not a magical effect per se, but rather the application of narrative as created by humans, meaning resistance is determined by the degrees of separation (culture, time, content) between the opponent's tale and his own. As a side-effect, Saber himself is bound by the terms of his own archetype, and therefore is incapable of even conceiving opposing his Master's wishes should they avoid mistreating him.

Noble Phantasms:

Name:
    Il Gatto con Gli Stivali
    The Moral is Know-How

Type: Anti-Unit
    Not an armament, but rather the crystallisation of the morals surrounding Saber's tale, the ideals he embodies, and the stories he birthed - all represented by the pair of dashing bright shoes he wears. The virtues extolled in Perrault's interpretation of Puss in Boots were a sense of industry, nobility, countenance and most importantly, savoir faire, know-how. Savoir faire is the talent not to overcome life's obstacles with brute force, but through the application of wits and understanding, and it is no doubt this that endeared him to thousands of children. Puss in Boots through its countless iterations is not a story of good defeating evil, the strong protecting the weak, the heroic tales that inspire the legends of so many Servants, rather it is an amoral narrative in which personal ability brings good fortune to those who deserve it. Puss in Boots is a tale that tells children even the meek can survive, that they may yet prosper, that there is hope in this world for them as embodied by this Noble Phantasm.

While wearing the footwear for which he is famous, Saber possesses what might be considered a spin on the Instinct Skill, allowing him to perfectly formulate plans which will bring prosperity to his Master. Put simply, supplemented by the power of this Noble Phantasm Saber is constantly aware of 'the best course of action' he should take in order to accomplish his Master's goals, with the shoes themselves serving almost as a processing unit that takes the information Saber acquires from his keen observations and outputs various possibilities for him to choose from. As savoir faire is the highest of virtues, he will always know the enemy's weak point unless it is magically-hidden, always know the optimal path of retreat, and always know what he should do next based on the information available. As no additional combat ability is provided, however, this does not help in the case of 'hopeless' situations, and the level of know-how Saber can draw upon is determined entirely by his own information-gathering abilities.
    lore

Master Cat - or Puss in Boots, as he is sometimes known - was a
    cat
    pageboy
    who through incomparable wit succeeded in making his owner a prince, deceiving the local nobility and slaying a shapeshifting ogre in the process. As a Servant, he is a composite existence, combining a human upon which the tale was based and a feline entity created by the veneration of the story over the individual, and can switch between a human, feline, and feline humanoid form at will. The resulting being is less a human and more an embodiment of the fairy tale archetype it represents; that is to say, he exists solely to fulfill his role of 'animal as helper' and has no identity beyond this framework. Thus while he typically is playful, childish, and in all ways stereotypically cat-like, Saber has no sense of self outside of the personality and even appearance that will 'best suit accomplishing the summoner's objectives,' sculpting him to perfectly carry out their tale. Should he by some means change Masters, he will even undergo a transformation into a new Saber that better fits their needs. Likewise, should he at any point lack a Master, he will revert to a Phantom-like existence that merely fulfills the wishes of others nearby, prioritising children.