Page 140 of 369 FirstFirst ... 4090130135138139140141142145150190240 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,800 of 7367

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Blog Entries
    Welcome, welcome,
    Look at the BBCode guide at the top of the forum for all the tricks we use here. Else if you "reply with quote" on a sheet all their code is revealed, so can simply copy and paste a format if you like. Else im willing to help with formatting questions
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Maker of Poor Decisions and Massive Sheets TheTruthWhale's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pro tip: Don't make a character that's over 22k words long. That would be crazy.
    This Link Is Easier Than Forum Surfing
    The (Legally Required) Compedium

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTruthWhale View Post
    Pro tip: Don't make a character that's over 22k words long. That would be crazy.
    Dang, my plan for today went down the drain. Also welcome Drangle, at the beginning of this tread there is a recommended format if you are unsure how to make the character sheet. Like DelRey said, there is a tutorial for coding and if that fails, you can reply to a post to look at how its code works.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruthWhale View Post
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Maybe I'll try something too ! I don't have a specific idea for now, but I have a few candidates for that, so we'll see if I can produce something !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacosarus View Post
    Maybe I'll try something too ! I don't have a specific idea for now, but I have a few candidates for that, so we'll see if I can produce something !
    Thats the spirit! Also welcome.

Blog Entries

How Come Your Mom Lets You Have Two Servants?

Enjoy some traditional Indian instruments played by a modern musician.

Shout out to Dragolord and BnEl for making me look into Indian history and mythology to do other sheets.

Heralds of a Golden Age, He and She Who Stand as Equals

"Look out upon the people. The Earth. To think it has come to this state."
    "I am filled with an unspeakable sadness. Wars, bloodshed, shattered families. Is there not something we can do, my emperor?"
    "There is but one path before us, my empress. With our hands clasped, we shall endeavor to have this world reflect the purest gold, like that of what brought us here."

Source: Allahabad Pillar, Indian History
    Class: Ruler
    Alternate Classes: Archer & Saber
    True Names: Emperor Chandragupta the First & Empress Kumaradevi
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    Place of Origin: India

STR: C(+) END: C(+) AGI: D(+)
    MGI: B(+) LCK: B(+) NP: A

Information
    Height: 6'2" (1.88m) / 5'5" (1.65m)
    Weight: 166 lbs (75.3 kg) / 131 lbs (59.4 kg)
    Likes: Intelligence, art, social politics, shared prosperity, meritocratic policies, wisdom
    Dislikes: Dictators, cruelty, avarice, exploitation, religious intolerance
    Talent: United Rule
    Natural Enemy: Zealots
    Attribute: Star
    Traits: Female, Humanoid, King, Male, Servant, Twin Servants
    Armaments: Golden Bow and Golden Sword
    Catalyst: Gupta imperial coin

Class Skills:
    • Bodhiskandha A: An evolution of the True Name Discernment skill. Kumaradevi is the princess of the Licchavi, an ancient republic who had the honor of constructing the Stupa that held the ashes of Shakyamuni Buddha. As the elected Uparājā and princess of Licchavi, Kumaradevi was allowed to spend her time meditating over problems atop the Stupa, and her proximity to the relics of the Buddha's corporeal form granted her unique insight into the universe. Kumaradevi does not automatically know the identity, skills, and parameters of enemy Servants. Instead, either at sunrise or sunset, Kumaradevi can meditate on each individual she has met throughout the day. In this act, she is tapping into the Buddha's connection to the Akasha, a record that no normal entity can fool. Kumaradevi enters a trance, and begins to transcribe the exact details of everyone of significance (not just Servants) she met between the last time she performed this ritual and now. Non-servants will simply have their basic information (name, age, etc.) revealed. The Akasha is infallible, and will not provide false information. If a target possesses a disguising or concealing ability greater than A Rank, this skill reveals nothing at all about the target. She can wait no longer than seven days between her meeting with the target and this skill's activation, otherwise, the skill fails. If she does not use this skill in the first two days, appropriate abilities greater than Rank B reveal nothing. This continues reducing the rank needed by one for every day that passes, until the allotted seven days pass.

"I am she who stood beside her husband. She who guided his decisions and policies, who acted as his equal, and who raised his child with wisdom and grace. With our minds and hearts, we created the golden reign of Gupta."

• Independent Action B+: The capacity to stay active without a master (or the Holy Grail, in Ruler's case) supplying mana. Due to the both of them existing on the same flow of mana, even at this rank, they can only remain together a week. Chandragupta I, first emperor of the Gupta dynasty, single-handedly built his father's small principality into a grand empire. With his empress, no matter what battles or hardships may find them, they will stand together, even if they stand alone.

"With our own bodies, we forged a golden future for our India. We payed respect to the gods and the Buddha before us, but everything we did, we did with our own sweat and tears."

• Magic Resistance C: Moderate magical resistance present only because of their status as Rulers and the fact that there are two of them. The progenitors of the Gupta empire never had to deal with magical threats, even if they were both of ancient and respected bloodlines. Their enemies were always their fellow man, and the monsters they fought were exclusively those that hid in the shadows of mankinds' hearts.

"A Holy Grail War is like nothing we've experienced. You will have to forgive us if we make any mistakes as we oversee it."
    "Not that we will make many. Take care not to cause unnecessary harm."

Personal Skills:
    • Daana A+: The act of giving always present within a marriage, and the manifestation of the seven Phera (pure vows) made between the two rulers when they were wed. With this skill, both Rulers can freely split damage, status effects, and conditions (called burdens) between themselves. Due to the nature of this skill, these burdens must be shared evenly between them, though they are not subject to the same source of their burdens twice. Excess burdens that cannot be divided evenly are lost, essentially applying a "minus" modifier to anything that targets them. Even persistent burdens, like burning, are shared. Because "death" cannot be split evenly, they are immune to instant-death effects. If enough damage is sustained to kill one of them, they are both killed. Finally, the Phera provide a "plus" modifier to the Rulers' non-NP attributes.

"I thank the gods for our union, and Buddha for the wisdom to see it through. I pray that our bellies and hearts are never empty, and that our bed is never cold. Let our parents love one another as family."
    "Let us receive physical, mental, and spiritual strength, so that our peaceful lives can be long and healthy. I demand your promise, to walk with me through all three stages of life."
    "I will never leave your side. Should the gods deem our union worthy, let them grant us wealth through righteous means, and aid our fulfillment of spiritual obligations. Together, we must work to fulfill our family needs."
    "To do so, we must acquire knowledge, happiness, and harmony through our mutual love and trust. I ask you for another gift: aid me in tending to our home and our marriage. Let the gods grant us strong, virtuous, and heroic children. As wife and future mother, I will not accept your disrespect, and you will not trust a rolling die or dealt card above my own council."
    "So long as we walk these stages of life together, I will hold you by my side, and no other. I shall be loyal, just as I expect loyalty from you. I will heed your word as I would the word of my own mother, and be active in our work as to not be a burden."
    "With the gods and the Holy Buddha as our witness, from this day forth, I, Kumaradevi, will forever be your wife."

• Abhiaas Dhanurkaravaala B: The learned skill of bow and blade. Though they were not renowned for their martial prowess, both were expected to be competent in martial arts and weapon play. In life, Rulers were an iconic symbol of the strength of marriage. Kumaradevi was one of the only empresses of India to stand equal to her husband. The comparison of the two of them and the paired gods Kama and Rati was not lost. In their creation as Rulers, their combat training was further honed to reflect this comparison. Though they are not as skilled as the Hindi gods they were compared to, Chandragupta I and Kumaradevi possess strength with bow and sword, respectively. Each instrument is golden, and though modeled after the weapons of the gods, they themselves are not divine. If they are summoned together as Archer and Saber, this skill is replaced with Bodhiskandha.

"We tried to honor the heavens with even our coins."
    "Fret not, dear husband. Even if we are to meet them through the Grail's power, is imitation not the highest form of flattery?"

• Charisma of the Great Royalty A: Rulers were both respected and beloved before they were ever wed. Kumaradevi was elected to her position - rare for a woman, and even rarer among the ancient world - due to her father's position as a former Rājā of Licchavi. When Chandragupta I expanded his principality to the borders of Licchavi, to avoid bloodshed, the two peoples agreed to marry Kumaradevi to the prospective young ruler. Before the ceremony concluded, their union had brought together Guptas and Licchavi. Soon after, Chandragupta I claimed the title Maharajadhiraja (great king of kings). As Rulers stood beside each other, they birthed the greatest empire India had ever known.

"Great King of Kings always seemed a bit conceited, my dear husband."
    "Is it so wrong for a father to want to impress his son?"
    "No, I suppose it isn't."

• Special Skill - Alaya's Gift EX: Rulers were directly responsible for the Golden Age of India. They oversaw its inception together, and ensured that, so long as the Gupta dynasty remained, the people of India would prosper. Unlike almost all other dynasties in the world, they and their descendants were successful in making this a reality. The entirety of the Gupta dynasty would be considered a Golden Age, and would be potentially the closest humanity has ever seen to a "benevolent monarchy." After their death, before they entered the cycle of reincarnation, Alaya, will of humanity made manifest, acknowledged their part in her creation. She granted them the gift of unity, ensuring that the two would always be together. When called as spirits, they would remember what happened in the previous incarnations of themselves. Finally, Rulers would be protected from any mental manipulation that would lead to the harming of humanity, and could not be called by wicked Masters. Such a direct gift is rarely given by the Wills of the World, showcasing just how important Rulers were to humanity as a whole.

"To be so beloved by that which the Holy Buddha wished to reach..."
    "I know, my dear wife. Let us not waste what we have been given, and continue to make our descendants proud."

Noble Phantasms:
    Ananta Hemajara
    Everlasting Golden Age
    Type: Anti-City (Self)
    Range: One City
    Maximum Number of Targets: One City
    Description:
    A passive, incredible Noble Phantasm, always active in whatever city Rulers live in. Though they once held an entire country, as spirits, their powers are limited to a single city. Claiming a city as their own is a simple task - so long as no other magical entity claims it, they can invoke the true name of this Noble Phantasm to claim the city as their own. Inside the city, the two of them have access to an infinite pool of wealth, as if they possessed the Golden Rule skill at A Rank. If they attempt to use the gold for avaricious means, that part of the Noble Phantasm is locked until they absolve themselves of such sins. Most importantly, this Noble Phantasm ignites the spark of human ingenuity. Children within the city are born with minds more attuned to compassion, empathy, and learning, creators are struck with inspiration more often, those who study numbers and science find the answers to problems more swiftly, and diseases are less common and easier to treat. Rulers do not need to be in-charge, do not need to overthrow the current government, and do not need to make themselves known for this Noble Phantasm to benefit humanity. This "Golden Age" uses very little mana, and is largely self-sustaining. It is an enhancement to the most pure parts of the human psyche, and can be considered an instrument of Alaya as much as a Noble Phantasm. It is not in Rulers' natures to destroy, even if they know how.

Chaandragupta Cha Akumaradevi
    Even Though We Fade, Our Legacy Lives On
    Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 20m
    Maximum Number of Targets: One
    Description:
    All that remains of the human records of the first Emperor and Empress of the Gupta dynasty are coins and what was inscribed by their son, Samudragupta. In all things, Rulers' legacies are stronger than themselves. This Noble Phantasm only activates after Rulers have been eliminated. It is automatically applied to their Master, or, if they do not have one, a worthy human of their choosing. As their bodies dissolve into raw energy, Rulers grant a final gift to the one who they believe will best carry forth their legacy. For the duration of the Holy Grail War, that individual is granted the Bodhiskandha, Magic Resistance, Abhiaas Dhanurkaravaala, and Charisma of Great Royalty skills, as well as the golden bow and golden sword that Rulers wielded. The Ranks they receive the skills at are at the same level as Rulers', but if the inheritor already possesses abilities similar to and of a higher Rank than them, they instead receive a "plus" modifier to that ability. This essentially causes a human to become a Demi-Servant, though their existence is stable and this gift does not inherently produce any negative side-effects. This is the mantle of their son, Samudragupta, one who inherited their lands and performed even greater deeds, acts worthy of a unifier and emperor. If their son already exists as a summoned Servant, these benefits are granted at one Rank less. Alternatively, if Samudragupta is a Servant, they can use this Noble Phantasm on him, ignoring the "worthy human" clause, and if they do, he is granted the
    Ananta Hemajara
    Everlasting Golden Age
    Noble Phantasm. If no Holy Grail War or other similar Grail-based event is occuring, and they are somehow both summoned and killed, this Noble Phantasm only lasts for a week.

Lore
    Chandragupta I, son of Ghatotkacha, was not the founder of his principality. That would be his grandfather, Gupta. Rather, he was the first emperor of the Gupta dynasty, which would last around three hundred years and is known today as the "Golden Age of India." He was a shrewd man who grew his small principality into a massive domain that covered the top half of the country of modern-day India, including Pakistan. His military conquests were few, and was more famous for uniting his growing domain with one of the most ancient tribes of the Indian region: the Licchavi. It was only after his marriage to Kumaradevi, last princess of the Licchavi, that Chandragupta I could be considered an emperor, a ruler, and a founder.

Kumaradevi, last princess of the Licchavi, was always in a unique position. The leaders of the 7,707 clans that made up the Licchavi tribe were known as Gaṇarājas, while the Rājā was the chief leader of them all. These positions were almost always held by men, but that was not written into law. Licchavi was one of the oldest known Republics in the world, and each tribe elected their Gaṇarāja, who, in turn, elected the Rājā. Kumaradevi, wise and compassionate before she was ever elected, was the daughter of a previous Rājā. She spent most of her time learning the matters of state, rather than strictly feminine practices. By the time she made her case and was elected, she had learned the intricacies of the seven-layer judicial system, the various roles of the elected chiefs, and the Abhiṣeka ceremony of chiefly coronation. Her expertise as a ruler gained her the position of Uparājā (deputy chief), where she was forced to prove herself as competent as any man.

Her time as Rājā would never come. Instead, Chandragupta had beaten the Licchavi forces in a battle, pushing them back after they had expended their resources occupying Magadha, a decades-prior campaign from which their army was still recovering. Rather than proceed with conquest, Chandragupta, who piously abhorred the unnecessary bloodshed, knew of the Licchavi as claimants of the relics of the Buddha, and wished them to be his allies. The Rājā of the time consulted Kumaradevi, who offered herself as a wife. If it meant saving her people from hardships, and building a stronger India, marriage was a small price to pay. As she sat down to have talks with her future husband, the two realized just how similar their desires were, and their wedding became something more than political maneuvering.

Just as the Licchavi were built on a rarely-seen system of government, Chandragupta I had a rarely-seen belief in social policies. When he brought Kumaradevi home as his empress, the first thing he did was establish them as joint and equal rulers. He minted their image on the official imperial currency of the Gupta dynasty, and on the reverse of the coins, he had the picture of the goddess Lakshmi riding a tiger, supported by the foundation named "Licchavi." Rather than absorbing the Licchavi tribes, he had their rule placed in the hands of his empress, where she managed her people's affairs in a position higher than Rājā. Together, the two of them had one son, Samudragupta, and were considered an incredibly insightful ruling pair.

The Golden Age they built would have repercussions felt to this very day. The pair of rulers encouraged their people to prosper in ways that many ancient civilizations never could. Even Rome was concentrated on conquest and power, while the Gupta royal pair encouraged their citizens to develop the fields of mathematics, astronomy, science, religion, and philosophy. Some of their most known contributions to the world were the discovery of the decimal numeral system and giving identity to the concept first thought of in Sumeria: the number zero. They expanded legal and social policies and protections to create a more fair and just India. This age of prosperity passed to their son, and from him, to all of the Gupta dynasty, until they eventually fell at the hands of the Hunas.

In all things, Chandragupta I and Kumaradevi strived to find the most peaceful solution, and began a tradition within their dynasty. Rather than hold on to the power of the throne, Chandragupta and Kumaradevi, in their old age, gave their empire - both Guptas and Licchavi - to their son, granting him full control as the first unified imperial majesty. The couple lived out their final days in comfort, and watched their people grow and thrive in the peace they had created. They died together, moving forward into the heavens, where they were rewarded by the gods with the gift of stalling their reincarnation until the fall of their dynasty. Eventually joined by their son, the family watched with pride as their people flourished. A great sadness washed over them at its end, but it was through no fault of their own.

Before they could pass on to the cycle of reincarnation, as one of the foundations that led to her existence, Alaya granted them a gift. Their souls would forever be together, never one without the other. Being agents of Alaya, they are permitted the ability to remember what their spirits experience, and are protected from being called by forces that would seek to destroy humanity. Even when the Holy Grail calls them from the Throne of Heroes, they never appear separately, always together, always seeking a peaceful solution to conflict. As the direct creators of one of the world's only golden ages, it is befitting that they should rule together, for without the two rulers united, such a feat would have never occurred.

Personality
    Chandragupta I is a leader both in a royal court and on the battlefield. His military exploits were always played down, as he wanted to be a ruler with more than just a bloodied bow, but without them, his place as the first emperor would have never been established. He is more in touch with modern social policies than he ever was with those in the ancient world, and greatly appreciates the work of creators everywhere. His goal was, from the very beginning, to create an empire where his people, rather than his family, could flourish. An intelligent and empathetic ruler, he sat as the head of the family, but held his Empress up as his equal and partner.

If Chandragupta was intelligence, Kumaradevi was wisdom. Granted the insight of Buddhist monks and the passion for justice of her people, she was the mastermind behind the Gupta dynasty's legal system. While her husband and his ministers mostly created the law, it was her expertise that guided how the law would be carried out, how violators would be tried, and how convicted criminals would be punished. For their time, their approach to law and order was strikingly similar to modern day courts, all because of Kumaradevi and the Licchavi people. While Kumaradevi could appreciate her husband's love for creation, she was more focused on putting those creations to use for the betterment of her people.

There is a saying that "the whole is greater than the sum of their parts." That describes their reign perfectly. The first emperor and empress of the Gupta dynasty complemented each other so well that they were able to bring out the best, not only from themselves, but from their people. They developed policies of religious tolerance, ones that their son, even as a devout Buddhist, would carry out. They created policies of social equality, where women were not simply mandated to be wives and babymakers, and men were not expected to be hyper-masculine soldiers. Minds were as nurtured as bodies, poverty was virtually abolished, and labour was divided evenly, and fairly compensated. Such was the Golden Age of India, all because of the great wills that the first emperor and empress displayed.

They view war as a necessary evil, but do not understand the purpose behind the Holy Grail Wars. The idea of wish-granting is so antithetical to their beliefs that, were they not summoned as Rulers and not granted Alaya's Gift, there is a good chance they would never be summoned at all. To seek wishes is to deny the strength of humanity's spirit. Benevolent in all things, Rulers make for loyal allies, only breaking oaths when the fate of humanity is at stake. During conflicts, Rulers establish the city under their control as a "neutral zone," where combatants may rest, and where humanity can be protected from the folly of those combatants. As caretakers of humanity, as agents of Alaya, the lives and prosperity of humans are more important than any magical conflict. Rulers will not hesitate to intervene if they believe human bystanders will be harmed by such conflicts.

Of modern India, they are ashamed. The caste structure, the gender inequality, the intolerance for others, it's a slap in the face to the legacy they had left behind. Oppression, poverty, squalor, all aspects they had sought to eliminate in their time as rulers, all things now abundant in modern-day India. They realize it is not their place to correct this era of human ignorance, but they can't help but feel pain for the country they loved so dearly. In their eyes, India has turned into an overcrowded, under-cared-for land, ruled by hardship rather than prosperity.

Relationships
    Ritsuka Fujimaru:
    "Dear husband, I believe this is the one who called us."
    "I see. No explanation is needed, young master. We feel the void of humanity, and know your pain. We will help however we can."

Mash Kyrielight:
    "Are you the retainer of the young master?"
    "No, my love. She is to them as I am to you. Shieldbearer, it must be hard dealing with the young master. If you need any advice, you need simply ask."

Shiva:
    "Lord Shiva? Are my eyes deceiving me?"
    "I don't believe so."
    "Then, allow me to express our gratitude. You allowed us to watch our creation, with our son."
    "You and the others said previously that it was a reward, but if you ever seek repayment, ask, and we shall do what we can."

Parvati:
    "I greet you, Lady Parvati. If you have the time, I would like to gush over our children together. Pride may be a sin, but I can't help it, and I know you can't either."

Rama:
    "I see you are here as well, Lord Rama. I could not be without my dear empress. Perhaps there is a way we can unite you with yours? I will ask Kumaradevi."

Sita:
    "I see you are here as well, Lady Sita. I could not be without my dear emperor. Perhaps there is a way we can unite you with yours? I will ask Chandragupta."

Ganesha:
    "Lord... Ganesha? Lady Ganesh, I suppose? No matter. I must thank you for granting our people the resolve to carry on when we struggled at the start. What? You don't remember me?"

Kama:
    "Lady Kama, we have heard of your distress, but we do not understand."
    "Our dynasty never blamed you or any of the gods when disaster struck. Who would dare treat you, the god of our union, in that fashion?"
    "Pardon? You don't remember us either?"

Rati (Saber):
    "Lady Rati, how wonderful it is to see you. Comparisons between our union and that of yours were rife. It was always an honor to be compared to one such as you."
    "Perhaps you can be of help to us. It seems neither Lady Kama nor Lady Ganesha recognize us. Why is that?"
    "Alternate... timelines? Lostbelts? Trees? Unified divinities? Slow down, Lady Rati. We need some tablets to write this down on first."

Iskandar:
    "The Macedonian conqueror? You seem more honorable than I had imagined. Why did you spill so much blood? Did your empire need to expand so far that you would destroy countless families?"

Gaius Julius Caesar:
    "I feel little sympathy for you. Casting out your firstborn son and the queen who gave him to you. Even if the people loved you and would forgive your any crime, you could have never led a Golden Rome."

Artoria Pendragon (Saber):
    "I could not live as you did. It is a shame that the European world could not handle a woman as a ruler."
    "Agreed. To be so willing to cast aside such a righteous leader, all in because she was a woman? If you had pulled your sword in India, you would have lived a much different life."
    "The past cannot be changed. If you would like, we would host a dinner, with you as the guest of honor. You can be among our people and our gods, and what exists between your legs will not determine the respect you receive."
    "Nor will you be judged for the actions of your descendants. It was not you who took over India, nor was it you who broke our people. It will be a place of healing. We promise."

Mordred (Saber):
    "The hardships you have suffered would be too much for many to bare."
    "Between your mother and you, the backwards policies of your realm are clear to us."
    "We do not wish to leave you in unjust pain. If you need an ear or a feast, just tell us, and we, together or apart, will do what we can."

Saver of the Fifth Empire (Saver):
    "We have spent some time discussing our opinion of your rule."
    "In short, while we would like some clarification, we think your idea of forced conversion is the one thing that held you back."
    "The cultures of others should be honored, not destroyed. If you had known this, perhaps your empire would have flourished as you desired."

Aqualtune (Leader):
    "I'm afraid you'll have to ask our son about the state of his navy. In our time, we never truly expanded to the sea."
    "However, we do wish you the best of luck in your continued campaign for freedom. May the insight of the Holy Buddha aid you and your people."

Josiah (Saber):
    "The bloody, just battles you faced are an inspiration for us and our continued striving for peace."
    "Indeed. Though it is not your own, we open our home to you, should you ever need to rest and recover."
    "Yes. The war you fight now is unnecessary, so it need not be your end again."

Augstus (Ruler):
    "Poor child, ignorant of what his quest for adrenaline caused the western world."
    "Young emperor, you lead a life of self-fullfilment, eager to fill Caesar's seat, but you did not care for the people as he did."
    "It seems you failed the greatest challenge a ruler can face: leaving a legacy of prosperity."

Memhed II:
    "If your ancestral lineage had left a proper legacy, you may have never had to shed such blood. I pity you, but I pity the families you destroyed in your quest for acknowledgement more."

Commodus:
    "Sumadragupta, don't you ever take after this young man. Not only is he a baffoon, his baffoonery caused his people so much suffering."
    "Dear, he's standing right there."

B.B. (Watcher):
    "To take a lesson from a tyrant is to impose tyranny ourselves."
    "Even your existence is owed to human ingenuity, as is your demise. No people can prosper if they are not allowed to seek prosperity."
    "Is this what the modern humans mean when they say there is no point "yelling at the TV?""

Alfonso I:
    "A fellow founder. Unlike our India, your Portugal still echoes with all you accomplished."
    "It seems you were blessed to watch your legacy as well. Shall we sit for coffee and salad? It would be nice to reminisce with someone."

Maria Leopoldina:
    "We are both mothers to both our children and our country, but you seem to have lacked a mother's love yourself."
    *Kumaradevi moves to gently place her hand on Maria's head*
    "You gave your people safety, love, and hope. If nothing else, I am proud of you."

Saver of the Heavenly Kingdom:
    *The Emperor and Empress have nothing to say to one who created the opposite of a Golden Age for his people*

Marianne:
    "Dear revolutionary, you need only look around you to see where our allegiance lies."
    "My empress was elected to her position by her people. If our subjects had wished it, we would have happily handed our thrones over in a similar fashion."

Morgan Pendragon:
    "How hard it must have been for you. You have earned a rest."
    "In our culture, holding in these emotions corrodes the soul. Go, let them out as you wish, we will protect your people's prosperity until you return."

Guinevere:
    "As I've said to the other Queen Pendragon, holding in such sadness will only darken your soul."
    "If you want a family, ours will happily accept you. Join us for our dinner this evening, and our India will stand with you."
    "Our son's wife would love to meet you as well."

Augustus (Rider):
    "Another? Different, yet similar. Is this the power of the Grail that binds us?"
    "It seems that, no matter his form, he will choose his games over his people."

"Pedro II":
    *Blade and bow are drawn in a flash of gold*
    "You cannot hide your face from us, monster!"
    "We will not let you harm humanity! If you seek freedom so badly, then, in the name of Holy Buddha, we will grant it to you."

Pedro II:
    "As a father, I cannot bear to think what it must do to one's soul to see their child become a monster."
    "Indeed. Please, let us share your pain and, for the sake of humanity, bring peace to her tortured soul."

Pope Joan:
    "To impose a singular religion is to stifle the progress of humanity. For a person to discover greatness, his path must be the one he walks himself, not the one he is forced to walk."

Goredolf Musik:
    "Finally, a noble man who knows the value of a great feast!"
    "Our son would get along splendidly with you. Our table is never empty for guests, so please do visit."

Creator's Notes
    First contest entry hype! I had already done a lot of research into this period of Indian history for both Enlil and Rati, and they were an idea I had in mind. I'm also no longer dead from writing Enlil, so that's nice. As usual, I hope you all enjoyed it, and feedback is always appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by TheTruthWhale; June 17th, 2021 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Mass Amount of Quotes Added

Blog Entries
    Josiah: Simple one but quite good nonetheless, some really nice ideas for your 2 NP. I really like it, nice job.

Chandragupta I & Kumaradevi: Honestly, I don't have a lot to say, it seems pretty perfect to me. I'm planning on making a servant who's the exact opposite of these two, I'll definitely put your servant in his relationships.

Also welcome Tacosarus!

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Chandragupta & Kumaradevi: Oof, sniped. There goes my Chandragupta, looks like I'll be doing the Saver guy instead after dealing with writer's block and finishing up my current project. Not looking forward to the collapse tags there...

Okay, jokes aside, I like your take more compared to what I had in mind for him. My version focuses on him being summoned with his advisor, Chanakya, as a bird familiar. I was pretty confused on how to expand his personality beyond the generic "wise king" though, and I haven't figured out any NP for him either. You managed to tackle both issues well. Summoning him with his wife is unexpected, but it gives him someone to bounce off of. Both NPs are simple but creative, and that coin NP never even crossed my mind, though I guess the effects are kind of obvious if I think about it. Overall, looks like we have another strong start to this contest.

Blog Entries
    Chandragupta I & Kumaradevi: Honestly, I had zero knowledge of these people, but your character sheet is astonishing like always. You really know how to make good servants. I liked Special Skill - Alaya's Gift EX, its a really creative thing. Their NPs are really creative, too. Absolutely beautiful, casting protection in a city and granting blessings to a worthy person. Already at the beginning and we have a great sheet. Unfortunately I cant read all of it right now, but I hope future entries can reach this quality, as I adore how you give so much quotes to grant a better characterization of your character.

Also, a little side note, I think you mistook my Caster for my Saver when you quoted him, since it mentions destroying cultures, I assume you would be talking about the one who brought the Fifth Empire, which is Saver.

Blog Entries
    Yup. I totally mixed them up. I'll fix it, lol.

EDit: Fixed
    Last edited by TheTruthWhale; June 3rd, 2021 at 01:09 PM.

Blog Entries
    not even 5000 words, how boring

i like this sheet. creative skills and NP. looks good. That counts for both, Ruler and Josiah
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    Wow. Universal positige feedback. Thanks guys, I'm glad you liked them. I had no idea you were planning that, BnEl, sorry. Glad you're on board for mine, though. Maybe it's a remnant of the Lostbelt, where I'm just passively siphoning your ideas.

Blog Entries
    I need to read both, but I've been sucked into a Servant aside from my planned Lancer, and I still need to finish my Greek finale. Why must God make me choose?!

And then there's the ones on the normal thread I need to go through. ...I need to manage my time better.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    And then there's the ones on the normal thread I need to go through. ...I need to manage my time better.
    You can delay Enlil indefinitely if you'd like. He's a commitment and a half, and I still have the last two Lostbelt servants to make. I imagine the four will look better as a total package.

I am interested to know what you think of this one, though. Rulers were a side project I was happy to have elevated.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Chandragupta & Kumaradevi: Oof, sniped. There goes my Chandragupta, looks like I'll be doing the Saver guy instead after dealing with writer's block and finishing up my current project. Not looking forward to the collapse tags there...

Okay, jokes aside, I like your take more compared to what I had in mind for him. My version focuses on him being summoned with his advisor, Chanakya, as a bird familiar. I was pretty confused on how to expand his personality beyond the generic "wise king" though, and I haven't figured out any NP for him either. You managed to tackle both issues well. Summoning him with his wife is unexpected, but it gives him someone to bounce off of. Both NPs are simple but creative, and that coin NP never even crossed my mind, though I guess the effects are kind of obvious if I think about it. Overall, looks like we have another strong start to this contest.
    I think you're mixing up two separate Chandraguptas there BnEl15, unless you already know. This is the Gupta emperor Chandragupta, you're referring to the Mauryan emperor who reigned 600 years prior and had Chanakya as an advisor.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AAM1232 View Post
    I think you're mixing up two separate Chandraguptas there BnEl15, unless you already know. This is the Gupta emperor Chandragupta, you're referring to the Mauryan emperor who reigned 600 years prior and had Chanakya as an advisor.
    Whoops, you're right. Guess I let that cat out of the bag.

Blog Entries
    You know, I thought that too, but I wasn't totally sure if he knew that already, or if he was combining the two, or what.

EDIT: Already answered above, lol. We really are on the same wavelength.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors AAM1232's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    Whoops, you're right. Guess I let that cat out of the bag.
    I have proto sheets on both Chandragupta Maurya and Chanakya in the works so I know the feeling.

Call me Ruler or Augustus. Do not insult me and the people of Rome by addressing me as "emperor." Now, come Agrippa, let us find a casino or else we shall build one ourselves.

Class: Ruler
    True Name: Augustus
    Aliases: Gaius Octavius, Imperator Caesar divi filius Augustus
    Alignment: Lawful neutral
    Place of Origin: Ancient Rome
    Source: Historical fact
    Armament: Tesserae (dice)
    Alternate Classes: Avenger, Rider

Parameters:
    STR: E
    END: E
    AGI: D
    MGI: A
    LCK: EX
    NP: EX

Height/Weight: 170cm/61kg
    Dislikes: Thunderstorms, Moral degeneracy, Germans
    Talent: Political acumen
    Natural Enemies: Qin Shi Huang, Jeanne d’Arc
    Attribute: Human
    Catalyst: Palladium

Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance: C - The skill level indicates a moderate ability to resist magical attacks.
    True Name Discernment: B+ - This gives the ability to ascertain a servant’s identity, skills, and parameters just from looking at them. Ruler can also deduce some characteristics of the servant’s personality.
    Divine Judgement: A - He has been chosen by the gods, Apollo particularly favored him, for the task of preserving Rome. And since Rome should rule over the world, his mandate extends to all of humanity. So, he is given two command spells for each servant to ensure that human history is not thrown into discord.
    Divinity: D - Ruler is descended from Venus and was hailed as the son of the deified Julius Caesar. He was worshiped as a god while still alive, to his reluctance, by many of his eastern subjects and was officially deified after his death.

Personal Skills:
    Auctoritas principis: B - This is the unique privilege of the princeps. He may elevate those he deems worthy of certain roles or responsibilities. This includes bestowing additional traits, skills, and parameter enhancements. However, he also retains the authority to remove that which he has bestowed. He cannot use this power on himself.
    Compulsive Gambler: C - While he is able to reign in the impulsiveness of his youth, he still finds it hard to resist the temptation of high-stakes gaming. Whether it be games of chance or skill, or simply making bets, Ruler will entice others into a competition. Any wagers will do, so long as they guarantee high stakes. The rules he sets are not always fair upon close inspection..
    Imperial privilege: EX - The very words imperial, emperor, and empire derive from Ruler’s name. He possesses a substantial capability to seize skills for himself . Ruler refuses to exercise it openly since it implicates him as a monarch, something he vehemently insists he never was.

Lore:
    Ruler was born as nobody. Gaius Octavius was nobody. After decades of political violence and civil war, Rome was, once again, to be thrown into chaos with the assassination of Julius Caesar. And it was the nobody who would soar to prominence in this conflict. This eighteen year old, from obscurity, had been chosen through posthumous adoption, to the shock of all, as the heir to the most powerful man in Rome. He inherited the wealth, prestige, and authority of Caesar, and so became Caesar himself. He did this against the advice of a society that dismissed the capabilities of youths. What Ruler inherited made him valuable and everyone expected him to be used and tossed aside by different power-hungry elites. But rather, Ruler was only motivated by being challenged and underestimated.

Armed with ambition and his livelong confidants, the new Caesar arrived at a Rome boiling with tension. All that people thought of him, both positive and negative, he turned to his advantage. By luck and skillful navigation through politics and war, he went against all odds and defeated all the great people of his day, legends in their own right. Brutus, Cato, Cicero, Fulvia, Marc Antony, Cleopatra. All were defeated while the nobody rose to astronomical heights. He surpassed his adopted father, Julius Caesar. He surpassed all Romans. He was the savior of Rome, transforming a dying republic into a juggernaut. But while absolute power corrupts most humans absolutely, Ruler refrained from malfeasance. The ruthlessness of his early years subsided and he instead took up the challenge of reshaping Roman society. He never claimed to want power and instead manipulated the people and elites, both weary of the Republican civil wars, into begging him to take power while he feigned reluctance to take it. His propaganda and actions lead to the impossible. Rome accepted the hated concept of monarchy while believing it still had a republic. The economic, cultural, and intellectual impact of the society he forged is so immeasurable that it would not be an exaggeration to call him the father of the western world.

Description:
    Augustus does not fit the mold of the classical hero. Instead, he tried to redefine it. He was someone who sought out challenges rather than personal glory. In some sense, he is the inverse of heroes like Hercules or Achilles. He was physically unremarkable, generally sickly, and a pathetic warrior, infamously mocked for fainting before battles. He is rather.. wimpy. Even as a servant, he possesses minimal innate combat abilities and must rely on others to win battles. However, his shunning of physical adversity does not mean he is a coward.. and he certainly does not have a poverty of talent. He took on the responsibilities and dangers of being Julius Caesar’s heir because he lives for such tests of mental prowess, especially when the stakes are life or death. In terms of social and emotional intelligence, the emperor is a savant. Devoid of arrogance, he is confident without being delusional. For any slight he received against him, instead of reacting out of emotion, he considers how he can use the situation to his benefit. He is unimpressed by someone like Iskander who foolishly allowed his megalomania and lust for glory to destroy his legacy. The conqueror’s offering on his deathbed of his signet ring to the “strongest,” led to centuries of endemic warfare. Anyone can be a conqueror, but the more interesting and difficult challenge is to build a legacy that carries on your vision for prosperity for centuries or even millennia.

Ruler welcomes the mocking of his own “immortal glory” while ridiculing inferior rulers. He may use his power and wealth to indulge in delights on occasion, but at his core, he is a gamer who cares most about conquering the challenges he makes for himself. He makes no hesitation to leverage every person at his disposal possessing talents he does not, though they might tarnish his image. His mental discipline only cracks when it comes to gaming. However, he can afford to gamble away a fortune on a regular basis. He is gracious in defeat, but will hide tricks and traps in his games and wagers in order to punish foolish or arrogant opponents. As he sees life itself as a sort of game, he does not believe he can regret his performance, but does cherish any further challenges. Well, he does regret he was not a better poet, though he at least did sponsor Virgil and Horace. Augustus views the role of Ruler and is intrigued. He rolls his eyes at the approaches Qin Shi Huang or Jeanne d’Arc would take, one dominating humanity and forcing his vision, the other only acting to preserve the fate of humanity's path. In fact, Augustus despises the Grail for, like Iskander, offering its power up to the “strongest.” Thus, the challenge that Augustus has set for himself is to bring about, among all the visions for humanity present in the Grail war, the vision that is most difficult to achieve. And, it is just a happy accident, of course, that the most difficult path is often the one that leads to the greatest prosperity.

Noble Phantasm:
    Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa - What we find as brick, we leave as marble
    Type: A+

The rebellious servant or master who attempts to usurp Ruler will meet their due fate. By naive judgement, disposing of Ruler should be a simple task. But, an attack directed at the helpless Augustus is deflected by an invisible force. As if transported to an alternate reality, the offender realizes the true magnitude of their folly as Marcus Agrippa, champion of Rome and right hand of Augustus, menacingly reveals himself.

To call Marcus Agrippa merely Augustus’ partner would underscore their relationship. They were best friends and confidants from their teenage years until Agrippa’s death. Undyingly loyal to each other, they shared one goal and one vision for Rome. They would rise together and rule together. For all of Augustus’ political acumen and inherited prestige, he lacked hard skills. Agrippa was his perfect opposite, a lowborn of immeasurable talent. He was good at everything from war to engineering, but lacked the political legitimacy to take absolute power for himself. Instead, he loved being the man who could do anything for his master. As Augustus took on glory out of necessity, Agrippa was happy to reject it. The humble man never forgot his humble origins. He turned down countless honors. He provided to the people temples, such as the famed Pantheon, and aqueducts. He was the model Roman man, who put service to Rome, which was the same as service to Augustus, above himself. The achievements and deeds of Agrippa and Augustus are so intertwined, that their saint graphs are likewise intertwined. Augustus and Agrippa must be summoned as one. However, Agrippa still defers to Augustus’ vision, creating a Master-Servant relationship. They are joined by something deeper than command spells and so do not need them. Agrippa, through his own will, will obey all of the commands of Augustus. The connection also means that Agrippa cannot enter into a contract with anyone else and that Augustus cannot use his Auctoritas principas on Agrippa. The two are simply extensions, or mirrors, of each other, perhaps even two halves of the same mind.

Agrippa

Class: None
    True Name: Agrippa
    Aliases: Marcus Vipsanius Agrippa
    Alignment: Lawful neutral
    Place of Origin: Ancient Rome
    Source: Historical fact
    Armament: Gladius

Parameters:
    STR: B
    END: A
    AGI: B
    MGI: A
    LCK: A
    NP: C

Class Skills:
    Magic Resistance: D - Possesses only a small innate defense to magical attacks.
    Territory Creation: B - Can modify territory to suit various roles, from workshops to temples to villas.
    Item Construction: B - His expertise is limited to engineered weapons, vehicles, and siege engines.
    Riding: B - Has knowledge of modern and ancient vehicles, along with animal mounts.

Personal Skills:
    All Kinds of Talents: A - Famous for his accomplishments in generalship, statecraft, architecture, engineering, geography, and beyond, he retains these skills at rank of B or above.
    Intimidation: B - A mental attack originating from a servant having a reputation for being unbeatable. Opponents would surrender to Agrippa simply because they knew he was in command. This ability attacks the will of the opponent and, if successful, can lower parameters by a rank.
    Imperium Majus: A - As the right-hand of the emperor, he gladly declined glory and triumph to avoid outshining his superior partner. Just as he intended, many of his deeds are attributed to Augustus while his name has become obscure in comparison. While in the presence of Ruler, he is completely overshadowed, so that he has the equivalent of rank-A presence concealment.

Noble Phantasm(s):
    Corona Navalis - Signet of Universal Talent
    Type: Anti-Unit (Self)
    According to Cassius Dio, Agrippa was the first and last man to be awarded the naval crown. It is a testament to his genius. Though wholly inexperienced in naval warfare, his superior, his friend, needed him to defeat the enemies that were blockading Italy. In merely a year, Agrippa built and trained a fleet, innovated naval warfare, and utterly defeated his enemies. Augustus awarded him with the golden crown for this achievement. It exemplifies Agrippa’s innate ability to acquire and master any skill needed to complete the tasks of his master. Augustus has again bestowed this gift upon Agrippa so that he may once again acquire useful talents. It enables him to gain any non-body associated skill through training and study, including unique skills and class skills, at rank-C. He also has the ability to attain mastery of any skill he possesses, allowing progressive upgrade to rank-EX. However, the development and upgrade of skills must be conducted on friendly territory, such as a workshop or villa that Agrippa has created.

Palladium - Watchful Protectoress of Eternity
    Type: Anti-Fate

The image of Minerva was said to hold the destiny of the city of Troy. During the Trojan War, Diomedes stole the Palladium from the Trojans, thus dooming the city. The Palladium then came into the possession of Aeneas, who carried it to Rome, where it became a sacred relic guarded by the Vestal Virgins, guaranteeing Rome’s protection. Its fate is then tied to Rome’s savior, Augustus, as the emperor is Rome, and Rome is the emperor. A divine construct created by the goddess Minerva, it possesses extraordinary and mysterious power. It is a conduit that gathers and harnesses magical energy. While it is kept in a safe place such as a temple, it generates a bounded field to protect Augustus from harm. The Palladium’s power can be transformed in different ways. The bounded field can instead materialize into a group of Praetorians to guard Augustus. Though potent, the Palladium is also an Achilles’ heel. The surge of magical energy it generates is easy to detect. Nevertheless, it must be kept safe, otherwise its disappearance or destruction will almost certainly doom Augustus.

Relationships

After meeting Nero and Caligula: “Damn you, Tiberius! This is all your fault!”

Artoria: Even if he does not share her ideals, he admires the difficult path she chose to try to restore her kingdom along the lines of her ideals. He even feels a degree of remorse that his empire broke down so “soon,” causing the chaos that Britain suffered through.

Jeanne: “In a different time, you would have been my successor. But, due to your upbringing, you do not see that, by being chosen by God, your mission is to guide humanity's fate, not be a slave to it.”
    Last edited by doncosaco; June 6th, 2021 at 11:44 PM.