Page 259 of 369 FirstFirst ... 159209249254257258259260261264269309359 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,180 of 7364

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Legendary Hero of the Chain's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Creator Notes
    For the consideration of the council, in accordance with the rule of requiring one genderbend per X number of servant. I'm not doing another of these any time soon.

Rider huffed as he forced the wood of his ship to mend, causing the holes blown wide by cannon fire to shrink to nothing as the planks of the ship seemed to grow to replace the lost material. Despite the irritation, he couldn’t keep the grin off his face. Well, it seemed like one of the other racers had finally managed to catch up. “Oi ya lazy lards! Man those cannons, we’ve got some company!”

An echoing cry of ‘yes boss’ came from the sailors as they raced to their stations. It wasn’t long before he could hear the echoing booms of cannons firing from his own ship. “And the Lass said they’d be a waste of money, ha!” Rider laughed, before settling as new impacts shook the ship, shifting his focus from joy at being proved right, to focus as new problems needed dealing with.

This kept up for a while longer, before a blast of force, caused Rider to take a step back. Looking down at himself, he could see a number of scrapes and cuts. “Wild, take over the helm! Seems like the Lass is facing a problem!”

With the expected cry of ‘Ai boss’ from her second, Rider marched out to the main deck. It was still odd having to account for the different centre of gravity of his new body, but he’d grown adept enough at it. Marching to the point where he could sense the Lass. It wasn't long before he found her, crossbow to one side and slowly picking herself up off the deck. “Sorry about that Rider, seems like I got caught by that one. Thought I’d gotten clear.”

Rider laughed as he pulled the girl to her feet. He was almost a foot taller than the lass, and considering his weight, it was damn easy. “You’re good. Just thought they’d been an annoyance for long enough. So, anything to report to me, third?”

She nodded at that, grabbing her mystic code from the floor. “Yeah, the noisy guys on our port side aren’t the only ones who managed to get around the wreck other than us. We’ve got somebody in a sub to the starboard. Got anything for that?”

Rider frowned at that, considering for a second. “Yeah, I’ve got an answer for them. Give me a minute.” Turning on his heel, he marched back to the helm, the Lass following him closely. Reaching the bannister at the back of the ship, he took a breath, beginning to draw on that pool of freezing energy.

“For science, Scott. For the pole, Amundsen. But in your darkest hour, you prayed for me! For I am the Last Hero of Antarctica!” With those final words, the pool swelled to the brim, allowing Rider to throw forth a veritable tidal wave of mystery, freezing much of the sea behind his ship into a glacial plane.

“That ought to hold them. Now, let’s win this race!”

13th International Holy Grail War Festival
    Week 3
    Event 24
    Nautical Race

:
    First Ascension

Second Ascension

Final Ascension

Rider of Antarctica's Mystery

Class: Rider
    Other Class: Avenger, Foreigner
    True Name: Sir Ernest Shackleton
    Titles:
    The Unconquerable Explorer, The True Endurance, Last Hero of Antarctica
    Alignment:
    Chaotic Good
    Region of Origin:
    United Kingdom

Height:
    6'7
    Weight:
    Variable
    Birthday:
    15 February
    The Cold, Exploration, Singing, Board Games, Books
    Dislikes:
    Cities, Strict Structures, Liars
    Talents:
    Moral Boosting, Sailing, Entertaining
    Armaments:
    Military Sabre
    Catalyst:
    Piece of the Endurance or a Copy of South, His Account of the Voyage
    Natural Enemy:
    Sir Robert Falcon Scott

Parameters:
    Strength:
    B
    Endurance:
    A
    Agility:
    C+
    Mana:
    D
    Luck:
    D
    Noble Phantasm:
    A

I was… not the best kid in school. Not to say I was dumb. I love reading, adventure novels were probably my favourite, and I’m not too uncomfortable to say I was a smart one. I just wasn't one for the structure, the droning dunces that made a good bit of Wilde make me want to staple my ears shut. When my dad got me signed up with North Western… I don’t think I’d ever been happier in my life. I got the fuck out a school, and I got to see the world like the characters in my favourite stories did.

I stuck my time out with them till 84, yes 1884, keep up, when I passed my second mate exam. Jumped to the Welsh Shire Line till I got my Master Mariner’s certification. Heh, should have been telling that the first time I got command of a ship of my own, I chose to work going as far south as Cape Town. Course, during my time with the UC line, I met Cedric. Good man, but didn’t expect much to come out of it. Never expected that I could use a few conversations to leverage a switch to Antarctic exploration, but eh, that’s history.

I left the UC, yeah they called it leave but everyone knew I wasn’t coming back, and joined up with the Discovery. First trip to the final continent, and the day I found my life calling. Also when I met that bastard Scott, but I’m not going to let him spoil good memories. Actually, no, I need a second. Bastard dare accuse me of trying to incite a mutiny? I went along with every fucking thing that man wanted, no matter how much it rode me the wrong way, and he tries to blame the fact the men licked me more than him on malicious intent!? Just because yer a dick doesn’t mean you can blame me for it!

Sorry… where was I…

Other than some people being unable to realise being a decent human isn’t some plot, a lot of the trip went well… until it didn’t. On the march south, a lot of things went wrong, and I’m not too proud to admit I broke down. I… I couldn’t sleep, and when I did it felt like I got no rest. I wasn’t getting carried in a fucking sledge though, Scott! Honestly, if I hadn’t known better, I would have thought he always planned to ship me off in the Morning. As it is, he definitely wasn’t uhappy to see me off.

Much as I didn’t like him though, I was happy to help with Terra Nova. No point to leave men to suffer cause of a grudge. I… I wanted to go back. Badly. But I still wasn’t sleeping right and I needed time to recover. So, I did some other things in the meantime. I’m so thankful I did. Emily… She was the love of my life, and I don’t want to think what it would have been like without her and the brats. Eventually though, I was well enough again that the call to return couldn’t be ignored a moment longer.

Nimrod, the march on the magnetic and true south pole’s. The original plan was to use the old Discovery base as the staging point, although somebody had thoughts on that. I was more than happy to accept Scott’s undertaking, even if I fought it for appearance sake. I’d only suggested that path to make sure I got the go ahead. Still pissed off that I had to break it in the end. Bless my boys, they held their heads high regardless of the extra pains that double back incurred. I’ll never understand why Wild fawned over that biscuit so much, just doing the right thing for a good mate.

I had every intention of hitting every major goal of the expedition, even adding some extra, like climbing Erebus and travelling the South Polar Plateau but… my sleep got bad again while I was there. I made sure it didn’t affect anyone else, and I made sure it got expunged from records. This time though, I know the reason. The dreams I had… they… they… doesn’t matter. All you… anyone needs to know is when I made that joke to Emily, it was because I really had feared for my life.

I think she knew that, because she pleaded with me not to go back. She knew how much I wanted to, but she cared more about how badly it affected me. So, I tried my hand at other ventures again. My heart wasn’t ever really in it, either time really, and I really shouldn’t have been surprised they flopped. But when Amundsen reached the pole and nothing happened… well the restraints on my desires shattered like a thin frosting.

I prepped for that expedition as best I could. Got good ships, good men… it shouldn’t have gone the way it did. But, there I was on Endurance when the ice trapped us. Months later when the hull was breached and waiting was no longer an option.

We were in a deadly situation, and I had to make sure they survived. I led them into this, and I’d get them out. It’s the reason I made sure the point of failure for everything was on me. Getting to Elephant Island, sailing the James Caird, even that hike, I was there for all of it. Well, me and a few pieces of the Endurance.

A lot of people told me to prioritise a lot of things, but the crew was my only concern. I… I’ll never be able to describe how happy, how relieved I was when I found out everyone was still alive. Nor how heartbroken to hear some of the Ross Sea Party weren’t. We returned in the middle of the Great War… or I guess World War one now. Probably wasn’t the best choice for my health, and Emily wasn't happy with me, but I couldn’t stand by and do nothing.

Didn’t do much in the end, and by that point I knew I hadn’t got much longer left. For all it hurt me, and caused my pains, for all it had terrified me… I couldn’t feel at rest outside Antarctica. It played with my mind, but my soul was at rest there, and so my soul would rest there.

I failed that, of course. I launched my last expedition, but I had that heart attack by Rio. I got the crew to continue to South Georgia. I called Alex to my cabin as soon as I was coherent, and it was a good call. Damn that man, ‘Chiefly alcohol, boss’ eh? He didn’t fix it so I could get what I wanted, but he certainly made it so I died laughing.

And so ends the tale of Sir Ernest Shackleton, and the Heroic Age of Antarctic Exploration, as I now know.

In life, one could say that Shackleton felt as if he was a bit out of place, something that disappeared when at sea, and doubly so whilst in the Antarctic. However, due to the deep connections to the frozen continent within his Saint Graph, he lacks these times of disconnect, acting with the same vigour and confidence as when he was heading an expedition.

Shackleton himself is a very open man, and can quite easily be considered an eccentric. Whilst he can be quite happy with his own company for large stretches of time, he is also eager to jump into conversation to get to know people better, treating every encounter as one amongst equals, no matter how low or high their normal status is compared to his own. Furthermore, he's always eager to drag people into games or rounds of song, and often complains that things like karaoke machines and TRPG's were not around in his lifetime. Essentially, under normal circumstances he is the heart of the party.

However, just as easily as he can jubilant and seemingly carefree, he can become deadly serious. In a situation that calls for this serious side, such as when dealing with those who don't value human life, he is better described as an unstoppable force of brutal and precise action, even if his actions might haunt him later. Furthermore, he is normally quite private over his own concerns and afflictions.

At his heart though, Shackleton is convinced of the power of humanity, having seen firsthand their ability to surmount even the harshest of circumstances. Due to this, he is almost fearless, believing that, with enough effort, there is nothing the world can do to stop him. This also manifests as a tendency to push himself above and beyond, to become the best they can in the face of any challenge.

Shackleton cares deeply for those he surrounds himself with, trying his best to try to keep them in high spirits whilst trying to be the pillar that those around him can lean on. There are times where he will act under the impression that he knows what others need better than them, trying his best to fulfil this even if the person he is trying to help thinks otherwise. His care for others can oft cause him to prioritise them over himself, as, for example, he and a friend where suffering the same wounds, he would make sure that friend was taken care of and safe before he would tend to himself

Whilst Shackleton is a very tactical man, having served in the military and having planned three separate Antarctic expeditions, it is a common feature of his plans that the most difficult tasks will be left to him to deal with. Asking Rider if this intentional will be deflected, Shackleton often responding with ‘worry about what you can control, rather than what you can't’. However, considering he will manage to do it even when making a plan for a situation where he shouldn’t even be involved, it is thought to be somewhat unconscious.

His master is treated and cared for in much the same way, pushed to be their best and having their burdens picked up by Shackleton. It is without question that Rider will use the supportive aspects of his first Phantasm on his master, barring extreme circumstances. With time, as Rider and his master grow closer, he will treat them like a second in command, opening up and allowing some of his own burdens to be shared with his master. However, this increased trust will also mean that when planning, the load of work placed on their shoulders will become so great in scope in comparison to the project it is only second to Shackleton's own.Likes:
    Hehe, I think my story outlines it pretty plainly, no? I love adventure, exploring, just… seeing something new. It's why I went to sea. And in the end, there was nothing more 'new' than Antarctica. Helps that I find the cold really comforting for some reason. I do love that place you know. I'm almost certain that if I didn't have other concerns, I would have never stopped back home longer than it took to fund the next trip.

Dislikes:

…not all that much, really. I met men from a lot of backgrounds on the sea, and I found that sometimes I liked the street kid far more than the promising heir and the other way around. If I really have to pin one down, I just really don't like people who treat people like currency. I learned a lot about my opinion on the value of human life, and let's just say I reached a conclusion pretty opposed to them.

Wish:

What do I want from the Grail you ask? Well, it's pretty simple. A few decades back I'd say it was to rip that smug bastard from his pedestal as the most famous of us. But, the world’s done that for me, so… I’ll settle with having completed the purpose of the Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition. It’s a little selfish, but I really want to have that extra feather in my cap. Plus, it wouldn't hurt that it means my crew wouldn’t have had to go through those horrific two years.

Eh, I don’t care what ya call me. He, She, It, doesn’t matter in the end, after all, regardless how you slice it, I’m still me. Sir Ernest Shackleton stands before you, Antarctica’s last hero and a being with an unconquerable spirit! Fuck, if you ask me, I identify as a force of nature! And the pronouns? ‘Fuck’ and ‘Yeah’! Hahahaha!

Bond 5

Other than that? Well… my family for one. Mom, dad, my siblings, and especially my wife and kids. I’d have been a very different man without them… other than that though? I suppose I did have an actual interest in some of the careers I tried my hand at, especially journalism and lecturing. I liked the chance to help shape people to be the best they can. Otherwise, got to love some shanties and games, eh?

Dislikes:
    Okay, so maybe I was a little…shallow with the truth. I really, really don’t like liars, it’s half the reason I don’t have a fond opinion of Scott. I’m also not a big one for super firm structure. My crew ran like a well oiled machine, and I didn’t do it by pigeonholing people. You can’t learn new things if you never have the chance after all. But most of all… I don’t like to see people sad… it just brings back too many frozen memories.

Wish:
    Yer asking me again? Well… to be honest, I wasn’t entirely truthful. I… I want to move my grave. I want to have been able to die where I aimed to. My dear Emily, my crew… they all knew me well enough that I wouldn’t have wanted to be in England. Heck, that lonely spot they chose was a great compromise. But… I wanted to die with my soul at rest. Little selfish, I know. But in the end, aren’t we all?

It’s… it’s pretty easy to tell I wasn’t being straight with ya, isn’t it? I… I’m a man. Yet, this body is that of a woman. In the end, I just want to be what others are comfortable with me being but… I lived for almost half a century as a man, and even now, as the soul of an anthropomorphised ship, I still think of myself as a man. Strange, isn’t it. Ask any sailor and a ship’s female…and yet this ship is anything but.

Sir Francis Drake:
    Oh, you're a woman as well? Fuse with your ship too? Wait, you were a lady in life? Ha! Fair enough! Sad to see ya couldn’t get the respect you deserved, but if you're anything like my Emily, I’m not surprised nobody ever questioned that. Nothing bad meant by that, just saying you’re both bold.

Sir James Clark Ross(Foreigner):
    Heh, my counterpart. The alpha to my omega, as it were. I guess we have more in common than I thought though. I thought we were just both notable British blokes who ventured to the Antarctic cold, but to see him haunted in the same way, if not by the same thing… guess I understand why you stopped others from coming. Your self control is definitely better than mine.

Antarctic Explorers: My lazy comrades in arms. Don’t get me wrong, they aren’t bad people, but they could pick up a damn call once in a while! Seriously, with some of the shit I’ve done since being summoned, I could have used the help!

Sir Robert Falcon Scott: You! Oh thank god, I never wanted to see yer mug again in life, but that was cause I wouldn’t be allowed to bash it in! Oh, and how’d ya like that list, fifty four?! Oi, get back here ya git I’m not done!

Caenis: …I’ve seen some guys say that they’ve been fucked over by the sea, but I don’t think anyone had it quite so literally as him. He’d probably gut me for it, but I feel sorry for him. Doesn’t excuse his tyranny and stuff, but at least I’m not the only one around here a little off in their current body.

Yosano Akiko: Hmmm, I do appreciate my poetry, but I’ve never read much of the stuff from the east. Just didn’t have a huge chance for it, since people translating stuff for other languages wasn’t as wide scale in my day. Do you have a spare collection lying around? I’d love to give it a read.

Johannes Kepler: It’s a little narcissistic, don’t ya think? Placing yourself at the station of the sun with that Phantasm of yours? Although I guess ya could describe me much the same considering one of mine. Now, what’s your favourite music? I’m setting up a playlist for karaoke night!

Toriyama Sekien: Oi, that’s a pretty creepy aura you got going there. Reminds me of myself a bit! Come on, ya can’t be shut in 24/7! I’m just kicking off a new Call of Cthulhu campaign, so come on! I think the tone would be right down your alley.

Cope and Marsh: I mean, no judgement on the choice of field, and I can understand a rivalry, but come the fuck on! You caused almost as much damage to the field at times as you helped! I fucking hate Scott, and I wouldn’t have pulled any of this shit. And Cope, you open your mouth and I’ll put you in a glacier.

John Fitzgerald Kennedy: Jesus! Where's your face man! Honestly, I’ve seen some weird shit over the years, but a guy walking around unbothered without a third of their skull has got to be up there.

Heinrich Schliemann: …come near me with those explosives, and I’ll give you the same treatment as Cope. And you won’t have Marsh to help get you out.

Yoshitsugu Otani: At this rate, you're going to break my heart. Loyalty like that… It brings back too many bad memories of frozen days. Still, I applaud you for still fighting despite it all. People will do anything for those they care for eh? We’re both proof of that. Also' if you ever want, I've got a fairly large store of medicine.

Christian Caldwell: You… you monster. I’d feel sorry for you, if you hadn’t turned around and signed dozens of death warrants because of it. And to think, you claim any part of it was God's will! I’ve seen the guidance of providence in my life, and it wasn’t fucking that! Let’s see who’s right, a ‘perfect’ zealot, or a flawed explorer!

Comte de Saint-Germaine:
    An explorer too, are ya? Ha, well, true or not, I’d love to swap a few stories over drinks! I've never known much about this world of magic I find myself in, and I’d love to hear some more about it from one of its more adventurous practitioners!

Jenny Lind:
    That voice… I'm no singer myself, although I can hold a tune, but you… Beautiful voice matched with a sterling kindness that seems to be so rare at times. It really is lovely to meet you, and if I may ask, what's your opinion on Karaoke?

William Randolph Hearst:
    So… you like to display the truth without much care for the facts, eh? …I’ve got a certain prickish colleague of mine that I want to introduce you to. Now, where the hell did that glacier float off to.

Nostradamus:
    The famous diviner, huh? It really should not surprise me that you are here. Good to know that you don't think it's all for nothing. After all, with proper motivation, mankind can surmount any problem.

Felix von Luckner:
    …so I’m a madman for wanting to spear through an ice flow to save my men, and you get to chuck your ship at people! Come with me! I’m about to ram an ice flow, and you're going to help me! Vindication, here I come!

Unas:
    When I say that humans can do anything, I usually don't mean killing a pantheon. I mean, he gives me great campaign ideas… but in the end, I only feel pity for him. Life is meant to be more than your obsession, believe me, I dread what I would have been had I not realised that.

Sorghaghtani:
    Ah yes, the far less glamorous side of any exploration, conquest or otherwise. Never was one for it, so respect towards you for keeping it so balanced. If I may ask, got any stories of the area? Always love to hear about more adventures, since a good part of mine were all to one place.

Chevalier de Saint-Georges:
    People can overcome anything with enough motivation, social restrictions being no exception, as you prove. Would you like to join me for a drink, and perhaps, a song?

William Thomas Stead:
    …well, you’re better than the last ‘journalist’ I met. Honestly, what did the profession become after my death? I know I worked as a very different type of journalist, but still… Regardless, well done. People need a kick in the ass to improve at times, and you sure as hell gave the pricks in Westminster a good one.

William Topaz McGonagall:
    …when I say you should ignore difficulties and work past them, this is not what I meant. I’d never tell a man to call off his dream… but he really could use a half decent teacher to fix… that… worse than my teachers, honestly.

Empress Wei of Tang:
    You… you are a special type of twisted. The very thought of killing my wife, even in exchange for my darkest desires… you sicken me. Get out of my sight before I make sure I don't have to see you again.

The Mary Celeste:
    Shackleton just stands there, torn between shock that a ship would take a male form, and rage that hers wasn’t the same case.

Sugawara no Takasue no Musume:
    Hahahaha! I love it! If you ever need a hand bringing people to adventure and exploration, to help them out of the hum drum, give me a call!

Cacareco:
    …the…the…I'm wearing the corpse of my ships and I am still put off by this one. Nice girl though, and I'd love to chat with her a bit, sure she'd be a riot! But… need to comprehend this first.

Aristocles "Plato" of Athens:
    Oh my, now that is certainly a philosopher! Ha, I'm not exactly big on the discussion of theories, but hey, I'm up to talk over a round if you are!

Ismail al-Jazari:
    …holy shit.

Alfred Bernhard Nobel:
    I…I am so sorry. What was done should not have been, and the blame doesn't deserve to have ever rested on your shoulders. But take one more step on this path, and I will… can not stop myself from what must be done.

Si Pitung:
    Oh god there's two of them. And this one's actually sane, which makes it so much worse.

Vercingetorix:
    Hahahaha! One for all and all for one, eh? Might not be from the right country, but it damn well fits! Man united can do anything, even surmount reality, and you're a damn good example! Join me for a drink, will ya?

Aimo Allan Koivunen:
    Well, I did say you need some motivation to go above and beyond at times. Sure, an elephants worth of meth is a… strange motivator, but I can't argue with the results!

Gustavus Adolphus Rex Sueciae:
    You really did care for those under you, huh? A good leader and commander, if I ever did see one, and I really didn't think one so high up could get so stuck in with his men.

Sir Christopher Lee:
    Well, you certainly have an eclectic set of characters on your resume. Nice job, leaving your mark so thoroughly, and props on never stopping. There is never a time one can't improve, and you know that damn well!

Otavio Maeda:
    Yes! YES! YES! This is what I'm talking about! Drinks on me! Because damn, I need to hear a bit more about you!

Hard Urara:
    Shackleton picks her up and lets her ride on one of his shoulders. Hey there little lady! You'll always be a winner in my book! After all, you can only get somewhere by trying, and you never stop!

Marie-Juliette Olga Boulanger:
    Teaching your students that they can keep on trying if they fail the first time? Good.

Marie-Therese Charlotte:
    I’ll be honest to say I have no true opinion on the monarchy… to torture a little girl for just exsisting… now that is a crime that makes someone worthy to freeze.

Magdalena Solis:
    I have a few choice words about your ‘freedom’, you hedonistic monster. Adventure, love, happiness, those are forms of freedom! Crushing people under your heel for pleasure is little more than murder! Let’s see how you like being trapped in a frozen cage!

Riding:
    -
    One of the class skills of the Rider class, and the one most necessary for their manifestation in this class. It is a skill that shows one's ability at controlling and riding various mounts, even of the divine rank at its highest ranks. However, those of the draconic species are beyond the bounds of this skill. Due to the presence of the Voyage of the Storm, it has been sealed.

Not much of a loss, considering it’d be pretty awkward to try to ride anything other than my… ship.

Yeah, it would be funny though. A man, piloting a ship, riding a motorcycle. Funny image, even if it wouldn’t turn out like I’m imaging.

Yeah, that is a funny image.

Magic Resistance:
    C++
    The second of the normal class skills of the Rider class. It is a skill representing one’s ability to resist the influence of magecraft and other mystical effects. In this case, resist refers to the ability to cancel out the effect of magecraft at various levels, rather than simply reducing the level of impact.

At this rank, rider is capable of cancelling out effects of two verses and below. However, his defences falter in the face of magecraft at the level of greater magecrat and greater rituals. Due to the interaction with the mystery of Antarctica, rider possesses a greater resistance to cold and water based magecraft, and a complete immunity to spells that draw their power from the frozen continent.

It’s like a shroud, you know, the mystery of that place. It… clings to me, unwilling to let go no matter what. Even with the control of the mystery of that place that I have, I can’t get this stuff to loosen its grip. Not that it’s a bad thing, it’s tendency to just eat anything relating to it is extremely useful. Plus, it keeps me at ease, just like when I walked those lands.

Huh, so that’s why it looks like you have a cloak of ice at times when we get it. Good to know it’s not just my eyes playing tricks on me or something.

Independent Action:
    B
    A skill not usually possessed by those of the Rider class. It represents the ability to remain in the world, even without the support of their master. Whether this means that one is acting without a master, or simply without an active mana flow from them doesn’t matter, as both fall within this skills domain. At the rank Shackleton possesses, he can last two days without a master. However, this is assuming minimum expenditure of magical energy during that time.

As an Antarctic explorer, Shackleton himself was usually the highest authority that he was beholden to for long stretches of time. Furthermore, during the time after the wreck of the Endurance, he was even more cut off from support than usual, and spent portions of the journey back to civilization with even less people for support than usual, only two others with him at its lowest.

I’m not one to call civilization bad, but the time away, in the untouched world was amazing. Where I was beholden to no man but myself. I guess, in the end having so little contact caused half the problems after the Endurance. However, I survived by myself then, and I’m happy I can do the same now. Plus, I’m used to having to watch my resources closely.

Well, putting the slightly disquieting statement to the side, you’re probably not going to need it anytime soon

Voyage of the Storm:
    A+
    A skill denoting one's talent to sail vessels widely recognised as ships. However, as being a captain requires skill as a group leader, the skill functions as Charisma and Tactics at the same level as the skill as well.

Shackleton was an experienced sailor even before being part of two successful Antarctic expeditions, one of which he led, and was fundamental in the salvation of the crew of the Endurance and Aurora. His level with this skill only increases within arctic conditions, as his exceeding experience with the terrain allow him to be even more effective at dealing with it, and inspiring others to keep up morale.

I was a sailor for the vast majority of my life. I know the average ship like the back of my hand. And I literally can’t have a stronger relationship with a ship than with my current one.

You're telling me! Ha, I’d go so far to say you're inseparable!

… you get a one minute head start.

Yes sir.

Indomitable:
    B

A skill that represents one's continuous ability to face difficult situations, and surmount them whilst showing their best side. Differing from Battle Continuation, Indomitable is purely based in the mentality of not knowing when to quit, and even causes the power needed to produce outcomes to lower when in full effect. At this rank, even mortal wounds can be shrugged off for a time, and the cost of the servant's abilities are reduced by a fifth.

Throughout his life, Shackleton always came back to Antarctica, despite the disastrous effects on his health. Furthermore, as displayed during the Endurance crisis, Shackleton never gave up, but instead went above and beyond, even putting the safety of his crew above his own. Through it all, he always believed that he could overcome, as providence and his men were on his side.

…this is not at all surprising. Honestly, I’d thought it'd be a bit higher.

Ha! I’ll call the things I did impressive. I’d even go so far as to say that some of them were a perfect example of what man can do with suitable motivation, but I’m no fool. Among servants there are those who surmounted the gods themselves, my conquest of a frozen hell falls a fair bit short of that!

Aegis of Antarctica:
    B

A skill that truly denotes one as an Antarctic explorer. Unlike with other exploratory journeys, where most of the truly major discoveries aren't truly being discovered for the first time, the discoveries in the Antarctic were truly the first claim. This claim would leave an impact on the mystery of the place, trying one as the true owner of it.

It functions similarly to Demonic Defender of the State, allowing one to lay claim to the ley lines in an area and, whilst in the area, operating as if under the benefits or Madness Enhancement at the same rank as Aegis of Antarctica, without the defects. The main difference is that the process also causes the area to start experiencing Antarctic weather patterns, acting to hinder the opponents of the skills owner.

Well, I guess I did get a few strong bonds to the place over my life. It’s comforting to see that my ob- relationship with Antarctica is at least partially reciprocated in a way. It’s comforting to have those howling winds around again, reminds me of the march over the plateau. Damn that was cold!

WHAT? CAN’T HEAR YOU OVER THE WIND!

Sunken Echoes:
    A

The echoes of tragedies past, and a skill almost unique to Rider. It represents the morale destroying events that surround the sinking of a ship, projected as a debuffing aura that attacks the motivation of those around them. As the wielder of the skill has experienced the same, they also receive protection from mental interferences.

The sinking of the Endurance was not the start of the hard times during Shackleton's last full expedition. However, it was a mark of how bad the situation was. The despair preceding, during, and after that event that the crew faced have sunk into the ship, multiplied by the many who experienced it, and compounding two years of dread and darkness into a single, constant aura, producing its impressive rank.

…well… that’s unsettling…

Ai, it is. There’s little that could cause more despair in a sailor to see a faithful ship sinking, not just because it almost always means hard times to come. You’re losing a comrade, a friend, the hardest working member of the crew. It’s like a shot to the heart.

It still doesn’t sit well with you, does it?

No, little lass, no they don’t.

Fulcrum of Survival:
    C

A skill that designates one as the person responsible for the continued survival of a connected group. The possessor of the skill takes up the burden of those around them, ensuring that if any are to fall, then they will be the first. Due to this, it allows them to share their Endurance with others, and take the damage that one they are protecting should have on their behalf. At this rank, Shackleton can apply this effect to a handful of others, enough to cover his crew.

Through every step of his life, Schakelton has put the needs of others over his own in various ways. However, no more readily was this shown after the wreck of the Endurance, where he continuously made the survival of his crew his first priority. Even once he reached his own salvation, he immediately turned around and rescued his crew.

Now that’s a bit too much credit! Every single one of my boys worked their backside off to keep each other alive! Hell, we had to use a guy to bait seals so we had some meat. If that doesn’t show a will to survive, I don’t know what does.

Rider, I know what you mean, but you have to admit, you cared a lot. You put yourself in the most risky of positions over and over for them! Doesn't that deserve a little acknowledgement?

Perhaps, lass, perhaps…

Form of Failure, Spirit of Victory
    HMS Endurance-Aurora

Anti-Crew: B
    Range: 400
    Max Number of Targets: 54

A noble phantasm that is the very body of Rider. During the events of the International Trans-Antarctic Expedition, Endurance was meant to be the ship that facilitated the journey to the frozen continent. However, once disaster struck, its purpose changed from ferrying to protecting and housing. Even after it sunk, the true Endurance lost to the waves, its equipment and gear facilitated the harrowing journey that followed. In the end, that lost ship still helped to save her crew.

Despite this, the spirit of the Endurance was convinced of her failure, as without the ingenuity of her crew, and especially the drive of her captain, she would not have been able to do so. Therefore, her body has been surrendered for the use of Rider Ernest Shackleton, and she has convinced her sister, Aurora, to do the same. From these vessels, the physical body of Rider is constructed. Although it has taken on a female form due to the nature of ship spirits, it is wielded by the mind and soul of Ernest Shackleton.

The body of Rider is far more powerful than one of his recent age should have. It is stained white from the mystery of the Antarctic that has seeped into the Endurance due to its extensive time in the surrounding waters. The physical parameters displayed with this body, and cannot be compared to his other forms. Furthermore, it has all the abilities a ship should have, including storing things within and the ability to move over water, during which Rider is faster than normal.

However, its greatest ability is sourced from the ingenuity of its crew in using its parts to save themselves. Rider is capable of shedding part of his mass to construct various constructs, like houses, ships, and even weaponry like using a central mast as a staff. Whilst Shackleton cannot stray too far from a construct, he can make them far denser and smaller than they should be, without losing effect, using the same power that compresses two ships into a 6'7 woman. The largest construct he can make is on the scale of a ship only slightly smaller than the combined dimensions of the Endurance and Aurora. No matter what, some must be left over to make up Shackleton's body.

I appreciate every moment of her service to me, and her sisters to the rest of my men. If I hadn’t been able to use her parts I wouldn't have even got my boys to Elephant Island, let alone home. Just… COULD THEY NOT HAVE MADE ME A LADY!?!

God… well, at least it gives me a pretty versatile ‘ship’, and some decent armaments, get to use the mast as a bonk stick, but still…

…I regret showing you that meme. Actually, I regret showing you any meme… least he doesn’t know about shipgirls, or this would be bad…

What’s a shipgirl?

…damn, that was out loud, wasn’t it.

Epilogue of a Frozen Age of Champions
    Last Hero of Antarctica

Anti-Army/Anti-Mystery: A
    Range: 600
    Max Number of Targets: 250

With the death of Shackelton came the end of the Heroic Age of Antarctic Exploration. The romance, mystery, and unknown that characterised the age heavily benefited its heroes, as they were able to interact with the innate mysteries of Antarctica in a way impossible anywhere else in the world at the time. However, with its cessation, as Antarctica was rapidly placed under the same scrutiny as the rest of the world, the remaining mystery fled.

This Noble Phantasm is this fled mystery, having latched on to the ending of the age in which it interacted with humanity. Had this Noble Phantasm been connected to an older existence, it would carry the very weight of the continent that it is sourced from. However, due to this not being the case, it is only an anti-army phantasm.

This Phantasm allows Rider to bring forth the mystery of Antarctica in shapes that marked the age in which he ended. Pelting winds, crushing ice, and freezing oceans are featured just as prominently as cold water sea creatures that make the frozen continent their home. Whilst his creations pull on a limited pool of mystery that refills with time, more long form uses can even create destructive landscapes and native phantasmal species However, this is all without enchanting the phantasm's true name.

Upon releasing the phantasm's true name, Schakelton's control of the mystery is boosted greatly, allowing him to pull the greater mysteries of Antarctica. Whilst this does serve to increase the available pool of mystery, on top of its recharge speed, meaning the more basic uses can be thrown out more rapidly and carelessly. However, there is a greater use.

The explorers of the age were each touched by Antarctica’s mystery, empowered by it and having it become engraved in their souls. Due to this, Shackelton would normally be able to pull on this connection, bringing forth his fellow explorers to fight and aid him as powerful mysteries. However, the operative word is normally.

To explain, it must be mentioned that the cost of producing things with mystery are based on body, soul, and mind. Whilst body and soul account for power and ability, mind is the willingness. Whilst a wind or a simple whale are easy to overcome any possible 'unwillingness', his fellow explorers are particularly difficult to coerce, due to strong personalities and… strained relations between some.

Whilst this doesn't stop Schakelton from doing it, it causes enough issues that he has found other methods of using the true name release. On top of the normal uses, Rider uses the sheer fine control to inject the mystery into things, vastly empowering them with powerful effects suitable for the Antarctic mystery to generate, and has even begun to test if he can use the basic ideas of magecraft to pull off grand Antarctic spells, although he lacks the knowledge at the moment.

Still can’t believe my death was big enough to end an age… or at least, mark it. Guess things were just too advanced afterwards to reconcile the two, huh? Still, it’s nice to have some of the energy of that place with me. Settles the soul, and lets me stick idiots in a block of ice. What I would have given to do that to that prick…

Do I need to worry about if we ever actually meet Scott as a servant? Because you make so many threats when the man’s name comes up that I’m fairly certain it’d count as pre-meditate assault, or murder, depending on what you act on.

Probably. Regardless, rough relations with some of the lazy bastards like that one is half the reason I’m trying to pioneer a few new methods to use the phantasm. Plus, I always love a new challenge!

Shackleton has two very distinctive ways of approaching a fight, much dependent on whether he is angry or not. When not angry, he will usually try to use the minimum required force, fighting maily using his first noble phantasm, and limiting application of the unreleased form of his second. Often he’ll couple this with trying to pass off as a different class, such as making it seem that ice comes from his sword, or that a crafted spear grants control of water.

He will also use subtle summoning aspects of his second phantasm that don’t draw direct links to the arctic, such as sleigh dogs and crew. He will use this to help orchestrate plans that require more hands or to give him additional forces in a fight. It is only when pressured will he show the true extent of his abilities, such as using the true name of his second phantasm, or revealing that any connections he made with items and his abilities were false flags.

When enraged however, Shackleton will go straight to full power, endeavouring to utterly crush his opponent, whether it be under the hull of his ship, or the weight of Antarctic mystery. In the end, an angry Shackleton has little to nothing in the way of restraint against a foe, although he will endeavour to incur non combatant casualties.

Regardless of his approach, there are some general tactics he will always employ. Shackleton will always prepare areas that are under the effect of Aegis of Antarctica, and will never enter battle without Sunken Echoes at full blast. However, he will not limit his efforts to only in the Aegis affected areas, but hold back inside them, whilst going full pelt outside, creating the idea that he is at the same level of power regardless.

This falls into his final aspect of operation. He will try to plan so that he draws his opponents into a trap, hitting them at full force, and trying to catch them off guard. In prep for this, Shackleton will try to orchestrate encounters to lead to a final confrontation in the best spot possible.

A black and white picture of five smiling figures, a cross of creases on it from where it had been folded. Three children stand in the foreground, two boys on either side of a slightly shorter girl. Behind them, a man and woman, the obvious parents. Written on the back are a set of names. Emily, Raymond, Cecily, Edward and Ernest Shackleton, never forget your anchor.

Lass, you’ve asked me once or twice why I put so much weight to my Wife’s name. Well, the reason is quite simple. She was my anchor to reality.

Sometimes, when you’ve found your calling in life, it becomes all you are. It eats away at everything you are until all that’s left is what is necessary for you to engage with it. I…I faced that cliff pretty early on.

I lied, you know? It wasn’t ever my decisions that kept me away from Antarctica. Other people always had to hold me back, stop me from diving head first into an early grave… well, an even earlier grave, as I adventured myself into a coffin. Most of that? It was her. She kept me grounded, made sure I had other things that were important to me other than adventure and a frozen wasteland.

I can pretty easily tell your question why I’m talking about this, eh? Well, I have always respected the magus path as you explained it to me. Always pushing forward, overcoming difficulty to get to a goal, but… I’ve seen what it does to you. You’ve burned bridges with friends, even wasted time on your work that could have been spent on siblings who worry about you.

If this is what the race to the root looks like, then perhaps you need to gain an anchor of your own. Ponder that one for an old sea dog, will ya
    ?

Developer Notes

So, a fun thing with Shackleton, but each of his forms is meant to represent one of his big three expeditions. Foreigner is of course Nimrod, and we see Endurance, but Avenger is Discovery less because of the expedition and more for its leader. Scott. To elaborate, avenger is meant to be a reflection of Shackleton fading away while Scott rose, and is meant to be the representation of the forgotten in the Age of Antarctic Exploration. Really hard to summon Avenger these days.

Not sure if I'll ever have a servant discuss their own history again. It was fun, and let me do some more dramatic flairs, but I appreciate the more objective view I have with a narrator. Actually argued on including two versions. A 'biassed'(what we got) and 'unbiased'(the narrator). Probably try a narrator with inputs from the servant along the way next time.

His crew have definitely called him mom at least once since summoning, and he without a doubt was meant to give off some 'mom friend' energy.

The chaotic in his alignment comes mostly from his distaste for strict order. However, his line with von Luckner should tell it's also because he’s mildly crazy.

I'm slightly sad I couldn't go full shipgirl with rigging and all, but neither Endurance or Aurora were ever armed as far as I'm aware. So I did the best job I could. Being able to use his main mast as a bonk stick feels like it helps diminish the loss a bit.

I am aware that neither ship had the HMS status, as neither were Royal Navy. However, I thought it would add a very clear meaning to the NP. In this case therefore, HMS isn’t Her Majesty's Ship, but Her Majesty's Servant, as a reference to Shackleton's status as a knighted man.
    Last edited by Legendary Hero of the Chain; October 15th, 2022 at 12:51 PM.
    Gaze upon the Throne of Heroes!(Servant Compendium)

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Having your servant narrate their lore is a great way of giving personality and character to your sheet. It’s part of why bnel15 sheets are so good. Great sheet as always and congrats on your first genderswap. Are you going to drop a second sheet for this contest.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hoho, someone taking lore pointers from me? I'm honored. Even I don't do it for all my sheets, but this one works well.

As for the sheet itself, same with Clark back then, I gotta admire how in-depth you describe your sheets. Looks like you really did a ton of research on him.

...I know no cure for evil. DracoScribe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Aaaaahhhhhh so many servants.
    I'll give my thoughts on 'em later. For now...not gonna say anything 'cause I just know I'm gonna jinx it...
    Oh and here.
    Have some fluffiness amidst all these edgey Servants.
    Okay hurt/comfort.
    Because history is an ass.

"Greetings, Master. Do not be alarmed. I am not a monster, I assure you."

"I don't think they're afraid of you, dear."

"Oh? Oh. You're right, dear. Oh. I...didn't expect that."

giggles "...I'm glad. They know you're not a monster."

"I'm glad as well. I'll be more than happy to serve you, my Master. I am known as Petrus Gonsalvus. And this is my wife."

"Catherine. Nice to meet ya."

"Even if we are not the strongest Servant you could have..."

"...we'll do our best to protect you."

Catherine (left) and Petrus Gonsalvus (right)

Class: Lovers
    Other Eligible Classes: Berserker
    True Name: Petrus and Catherine Gonsalvus
    Alignment: Neutral Good (Both)
    Origin: Historical Fact - Europe
    Attribute: Man
    Height: 200 cm / 6'7'' (Petrus Gonsalvus) 165 cm / 5'5'' (Catherine)
    Weight: 105 kg / 232 lbs (Petrus Gonsalvus) 52 kg / 115 lbs (Catherine)
    Traits: Male, Female, Humanoid, Hominidae, Weak to Enuma Elish
    Catalyst: A copy of La Jeune Américaine et les contes marins; the letter of their daughter, Antoinetta; Petrus and Catherine's unmarked remains

Talent: Learning things quickly (Petrus); terrible puns (Catherine)
    Natural Enemy: Beast hunters

Likes: His wife, their children, being helpful, learning new things (Petrus Gonzalvus); her husband, their children, beasts with good hearts, pranks (Catherine); a normal and fulfilling life (both)
    Dislikes: being gawked at like a sideshow, mistreatment of others for being "different", cages (literal and figurative), enslavers and such (both)

Parameters:
    STR:
    C+
    END: B
    AGI: C
    MGI: B
    LCK: C
    NP: A

BOND 0A tale as old as time,

a song as old as rhyme.

There lived a boy who appeared as a beast.

And there lived a girl who appeared as normal as any other.

The two would one day meet for the first time on the day they were to be wed.

Where many tales of such arrangements lead to spouses who barely acknowledge each other in practiced indifference, or worse, abuse each other as resentment grew from their choice taken from them, their story, well...

You already know how this one will go, don't you?

The tale of the Beauty and the Beast.

"Ha ha, that does not make this any less of an enjoyable story though."

"Ha ha, yeah. It's my favorite too. I'm biased on that though."

"Ha ha, indeed. I as well. Though, uh...fair warning, Master, it is not exactly the same as you know."

"We know you probably know. But it's still right that we let you know, you know? Fair warning, and all that."

BOND 1Class Skills
    Devotion B
    Class Skill of the Lover Class. A skill which corresponds to the strength of the Servant's feelings towards those they love. With the skill increasing in rank the more people they loved and the more impressive their 'acts of love' towards those people were. As a Servant this means that the greater the Servant's 'love' for their Master is, the higher the boost in all parameters they will receive.
    As the "real life Beauty and the Beast", they were faithful and loving to one another in life, but as both were people who knew what it was like to not receive love, they are more than happy to get to know their Master and, should they become close them, protect them as well, likely to view them as one of their "children". It would probably be lower in rank were they not sublimated to legend that is "the Beauty and the Beast", where one was willing to let the other go for that one's family, and the other returned to bring them back from the brink of death.

Object of Desire D+
    Class Skill of the Lover Class. A skill connected to the feelings of love and obsession which this Servant inspires in someone else. It functions as a passive charm skill on the level of a mental attack. So much as being in the same place as a Lover Servant can incite feelings of affection, obsession, protectiveness and lust.
    Neither were desired as objects of affection when they were alive. At best, they were symbols of status, a showing of a noble's capability to buy exotic things with their wealth, and that was what Petrus, and his children, were. However, long after their deaths, they are now viewed with desire more expected of the Class, specifically Cathetine as the "Belle" of "the Beauty and the Beast".

BOND 2Our story begins, once upon a time, on the Canary Islands off the coast of Spain, with Petrus Gonsalvus, or rather, his birth name, Pedro Gonzales. And he was born seemingly a beast, with hair covering all over him.

But this babe was no monster. He was but a man. A man with a condition known today as hypertricosis, "werewolf syndrome". And that was enough for his parents, happy to have their little boy finally with them even with his unusual appearance.

However, such odditities wouldn't be ignored.

People can be both a superstitious and greedy lot, and so, on one moonless night, some of those particularly vile ones took the chance to kidnap the boy and make their riches: buy selling him to the highest bidder.

And that highest bidder was King Henry II of France.

BOND 3Personal Skills
    Living Fantasy C
    An attribute possessed by Servants whose existence are believed to have inspired and/or are the basis of a fairy tale. It works similarly to Innocent Monster, in that the fairy tale they are known for alters the Servant's appearance, without concern for the actual person's will. It also conforms them to their role in the story, granting them whatever it needed to make sure they are consistent with it, but anything that already matches it is left untouched. Unlike Innocent Monster though, as it is an attribute of people who are "real life versions of fairy tales", it is higher ranked the less it needs to modify the person's legend. And it is also able to be "removed" should they somehow be summoned without their Servant container being influenced by their fairy tale.
    Considered as the "real life Beauty and the Beast", Petrus and Gosalvus's appearances and capabilities have been altered from their living forms. Petrus is more bestial, in appearance, strength and size, and Catherine is more beautiful and graceful, though in Petrus's case, he is also more bestial thanks to Innocent Monster. Though their life was more like nobles, Petrus was not a prince, nor was he or Catherine truly free in their lives. As such, Petrus is granted Monstrous Strength C, Catherine is granted Natural Body B, and both with Imperial Privilege, which in turn allows them the usage of Charisma, Tactics and Riding at mediocre ranks as the "prince and princess" of "the Beauty and the Beast", though Tactics is higher for Petrus than Catherine as he learned of military tactics when alive.

Innocent Monster D
    Known as a "wild man" when he lived, despite being just as intelligent, polite and skilled as any nobleman, none of Petrus's peers considered him equal, nothing more than a beast playing pretend. As such, in combination with Living Fantasy, he is an outright "lion-man". That is the reason why Petrus appears as such, instead of being modified to appear as a boar like in Le Belle et la Bête.

Curse Arts C+
    The ability to perform curses. For a good part of his life, Petrus studied as much as he could on curses, thinking his skin condition was a curse that needed to be lift it. Though he has long since accepted his appearance, he now uses curses for self-defense, and also taught his wife, Catherine, for such a purpose, when it was clear she had no aptitude for a sword. He (and in turn his wife) specializes in "transformation" curses, such as changing people into animals or objects into living things. It is further enhanced by the legend of "Beauty and the Beast", as such, he and Catherine have a higher chance of turning people into inanimate objects, and "evil" people into beasts.

Beloved Fairy Tale B
    Once stories told to impart harsh lessons to children, now they are to inspire wonder and integrity within them. In part thanks to a certain film, the story of "the Beauty and the Beast" is now beloved by children the world over as a story of "learning to love someone for who they truly are". When in the presence of children, teenagers or adults who are "children at heart", they give them morale and strength. In turn, their offensive capabilities are boosted by their admiration and joy, something neither expected to receive like this.

"We're glad that children are inspired by our life, even if it isn't the same as the one we lived. Perhaps some might view it as a lie, but we don't mind. After all, this legend is a bit of wish fulfillment for the both of us."

"Yeah. I'm really glad that people are really happy to see you now and don't treat you like you're some monster. Well, most of them..."

"Yes, that is true. The world is not all, as they say, 'sunshine and rainbows', after all. But I am more than happy that we can give at the very least a little bit of that to others."

"Me too, dear. Me too."

BOND 4As was typical of nobility, should they see something odd and fascinating, they would wish to have it, and as such, when Henry II laid eyes on young ten-year-old Pedro, he wished to have him, almost like a pet.

Luckily for Pedro, Fate decided to be merciful, and instead of treating him like a beast, locking him up in a literal cage and treating him nothing more than a dog, Henry II decided that he wished to "tame" this "wild man", to show that he was so great even "beasts" like Pedro would follow him.

And so Pedro, now named Petrus Gonsalvus for his birth name wasn't French enough for Henry's taste, was given one of the finest educations a nobleman could ask for, some say even finer than most. He was taught all the basics, etiquette, history and swordsmanship, and learned of other things as well. He learned of at least three languages, military tactics and politics, and read all sorts of books from across the globe. His demeanor was more gentlemanly than some noblemen could ever hope achieve and his mind more keen than many more. And he was barely into his adulthood.

But despite being part of courts and social gatherings among nobles, they still viewed him as a "tamed wild-man". He was still "sub human". So that was all Petrus could do, show up at parties to be shown off not unlike an owner with their dog. He could not try applying his martial knowledge to war efforts, he could gain his own swath of land and people to govern, and he could not actually contribute to any changes to the governments he would partake in. He would never be accepted.

He was cursed to forever be "not human".

So he turned to magecraft, mistakenly believing that perhaps he could rid of his appearance. Only those cursed looked as he did, after all, right? So, with what little resources he had, he learned and learned, though progress was slow with no teacher and mages being the secretive bunch that they are.

But that was when Henry II died, in 1559, to sepsis after beig injured in the eye of one of the many jousting tournaments he participated.

And that was when Catherine came into his life.

BOND 5Noble Phantasm

"Whether your appearance is monstrous."
    "Or your status the lowest of the low."
    "It matters not."
    "For our love is for who you are."
    "And who you are alone."
    "As we are..."

The Beauty and the Beast
    Le Belle et la Bête
    Love That Which Sets Your Self Free

Type: Anti-Unit

A manifestation of the "end" of their legend, when "Belle" returns to the "Beast" and breaks his curse.

Though Petrus was under no curse that transformed his appearance in life that needed to broken by Catherine, the curse of being seen a "less than a man", was broken come the birth of "the Beauty and the Beast". Now "the Beast" is no longer a monster, and "the Beauty" is no longer a mere attachment. They are equals, and free, to be themselves and accepted as who they are. And they will do the same for others.

They may not have amazing deeds, world changing discoveries, or field defining works to their names, but they will help all the same, and if that means taking advantage of how "the Beauty and the Beast" is a story of "a woman who broke the curse of the man she loves and saved him from the brink of death", that is more than enough for them.

At the activation of the True Name, Petrus and Catherine dispel all curses, mental interference and physical restraints there are equal to or below its rank that hamper them and their allies. Should their condition be dire, it also grants them a second wind, a second chance, to continue the battle. The only requirements for the Noble Phantasm is that their targets are someone either Petrus or Catherine care for, and that they are within their line of sight.

BOND 6Petrus was now under Henry II's first born son, Francis I, but he was too busy dealing with the debts of France and political turmoil to give much thought to him, if not outright forgotting him. And then, but a year after his coronation, Francis I died to ear infection, and thus his younger brother, ten-year-old Charles IX, was to be his successor.

But as he was but a child, he of course had a regent. And that regent was Charles IX's mother, Catherine de' Medici.

And she still had remembered him.

And when he had first appeared in court.

So, in one of her bids to solidify her position further, she had a brilliant idea: have Petrus create "hybrid children" so that she may have them as gifts for allies.

And so Catherine de' Medici arranged for a bride to marry Petrus.

And that bride was Catherine.

Catherine was nothing more than the daughter of one of the regent's many royal servants, so her parents' readily agreed to have Catherine marry a "noble".

Meanwhile, Petrus knew when his engagement was decided, even if he had found a way to break his "curse", they wouldn't allow such a thing to remain that way.

And so, that was how she and Petrus met, on the day of their wedding.

Understandably, Catherine was shocked over her new husband's appearance, and Petrus had expected that reaction.

Still, he was a kind soul, and even if his new wife would not love him, he would care for her, for he knew she was as trapped into this marriage as much as he was, so he would make the most of it, something he vowed to her, in private, showing his sincerity to her.

Luckily for Petrus, that was beginning of his wife falling in love with him, and so it was with enthusiasm that but a year later they welcomed their first child, one of many in the years to come.

Though they had much happiness, that did little to stop how others treated them. The nobles still viewed at Petrus as "less than human" and now they viewed Catherine with "pity" for being with him. They traveled across Europe, seeing many sights few peasants and such would be able to see, but it was nothing more than showing him and his family off as the "odditities" that they were. They were not barred from visitng their sons and daughters, but it did not change the fact they couldn't deny when Christine de' Medici, and then their next owner at her death, Alexander Farnese, the Duke of Parma, would give their "dog faced" daughters and "lion" sons, for anyone with power who were interested in them, like one giving away kittens or puppies. And there was nothing they could do about it.

It would remain that way for many years, until they were allowed an estate in Capodimonte, Italy, what sons and daughters could come also moving in with them with their spouses. That is where Petrus and Catherine stayed for the rest of their years until their deaths around the 1620s. And even then, even at death, Petrus was still not treated with the dignity he deserved, for no funeral rites allowed for an "animal" such as him.

And so, that is how their lives went.

No great deeds, no sweeping whirlwind romances, no grand adventure of the supernatural.

Just an unusual family treated like trinkets until they were allowed some rest.

They probably would've been forgotten, at best remembered as one of the oldest cases of hypertricosis to have been documented.

Were it not for two authors, Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve, and Jeanne-Marie Leprince de Beaumont.

BOND 7In 1740, Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve, wrote Le Belle et la Bête in her fairy tale collection, La Jeune Américaine et les contes marins, the earliest form of "Beauty and the Beast" as we know it. Then, several years later, in 1756, Jeanne-Marie Leprince de Beaumont adapted that work to be more suitable to children, cutting out what she thought to be unnecessary, to serve as a lesson for young French girls.

It was a story of a young woman, one of the multiple children to merchant, of how he had gotten roped into getting her engaged to a beast for a rose he took as gift for her, and of how thanks to love, that woman broke the curse of the one she loved and lived happily ever after.

It was story that went on to be continuoisly retold and adapted, again and again and again, all the way to the modern day.

And it was a story that people loved, and so, the more obssessed would look for every little detail related to it.

It was through such searches that Petrus's and Catherine's story resurfaced again, so many years after their deaths, people noticing how "similar" it was to the legend, of how one was shunned for their appearance, and the other gave them joy and love despite that.

And so the couple were now forever tied with legend, as the "real" Beauty and the Beast.

BOND 8Personality: Petrus is every bit the phrase "gentle giant". He speaks in an eloquent yet polite manner that is befitting of a nobleman, yet does not possess arrogance most in that station would acquire, often speaking with a warm tone and a gentle smile, more than happy to get to know another. The only thing is he proud of is his wife and his children, which he is more than happy to brag about. As a husband should, as he would think.

Catherine is very much capable of being just as eloquent as well, having been taught by her husband herself and being the daughter of a royal servant. But she chooses not to, as her natural way of speaking, without the pretenses of being in a noble court, is a lot more casual, but it is no less kind than her husband. She is also the more quiet of the two, often coming to others as "meek". But that doesn't make her any less obversant than her husband, or anyone else. In fact, she is quite mischievous, and is, more often than not, the reason behind any "bad ideas" they might be doing. Paired with Petrus's weakness for her and his eagerness to learn, it is an equal chance he will go along with her ideas as he would trying to convince her otherwise.

Both are very much glad at being summoned. Though in theory they would chafe at the chains of a Master-Servant contract, they are also very familiar with judgemental attitudes. So they have withhold said judgement, but after getting more used to the situation that is Chaldea and getting to know their Master, they are very much grateful at this chance. Had it been otherwise, however...well, it goes without saying that, with their newfound power, they would've done their utmost to break free, even if it meant fading away.

They are both a lot more exciteable and blunt than they were in life as a result, this chance being the freest they have ever been. So they are often found doing ridiculous and adventurous things, like testing out their alcohol tolerance with the pirates, playing video games with the more "tech savvy" Servants, and hearing tales of the boasting ones, if they are not just simply trading stories with others or spending time with children Servants.

They are proud of being a Servant and will do everything in their power to do their job, Petrus doing his best to put all that he learned, from his first life and this one, to use, and Catherine keeping track of everything that may slip his notice, her quietness and acquired beauty often making people let their guard down. They consider it a chance to actually do good, when all they did in life was put on a show. They are very well aware they are weak compared to many great heroes, but they are here. They are still remembered. And that is enough for them. So they will make the most of this second life they were given. It's the least they could do.

Wish
    "A wish? Oh yes. Right. That is what a Holy Grail is for. I almost forgot."
    "Ahaha... Well, I'll say mine. I want your dream to come true, Master."
    "Aha, it seems we share the same wish, dear."
    "Surprised, dear?"
    "Ha ha, of course not. But, ahem, yes, Master. I also wish for your dream to come true. We didn't get to chase any dreams when we were alive and yet here we are, granted another chance to do whatever we can. That is why we want our wish to be for you. Because you work so hard and have fought for so long."
    "Yeah, so don't worry about our wish. There has be at least someone who'll make sure you get some kind of reward at the end of all this. And hey, if we're not the only ones who want your dream to come true, then that just means it's more likely to come true."

BOND 9Relationships
    Master:
    "What shall we do today? Something relaxing? Something educational?"
    "How about something fun?"
    "Aha ha...I don't mind, dear, if our Master doesn't mind. But I think anything like testing if Mash's shield is a 'perfect floatie' might be a bit much on a constant basis."
    "All right, Pedro. I get it... What do you think, Master? Shall we do another test? How about a different one?"

Mash Kyrielight (Shielder) (FGO):
    "Ah, my apologies for my wife attempting to use your shield for a 'floatie'."
    "You had fun though, right?"
    "Even if she did, that is besides the point."

Thomas Edison (Caster) (FGO):
    "Oh. I did not think there would be someone who bear a similar countenance to mine."
    "It's America. That's why."
    "I'm...not sure what you mean by that, dear...?"
    (Catherine refuses to elaborate. Whether it is because she wants to tease her husband or because she believes he is smart enough to figure it out remains to be seen)

"Bonnie and Clyde" ("Lovers") (WhiteFrenzy):
    "Oh, a pleasure to meet you. ....you are not going to put our love on 'trial', are you...?"
    "You know the answer to that, dear."
    "Please don't. It will be quite the hassle if we get hurt before a possible mission."
    "Could be fun though."
    "Dear...!"

Johannes Kepler (MoonCancer) (MuramasaMachII):
    "Oh you saw the stars? Can you tell us about it?"
    "I'd love for you to regale your findings as well."

Yokano Akiko (Caster) (jishara):
    "Ah, trapped as well? It is a shame that you were. My condolences...but perhaps then you would perhaps spend some time with Cath and I over tea?"
    "Oh, yeah, I'd love that! I'd like to know more about your book."

Toriyama Sekien (Rider) (Spelror):
    "No, I do not wish to partake in your 'Yokai Parade'."
    "Exactly. He is no monster. ...I would like to commission some art of my husband though, if you wouldn't mind."
    "D-D-Dear...?!"
    (Petrus seems to be blushing in embarrassment as Catherine giggles in amusement)

Cope and Marsh (Rider) (yours truly!):
    "Er...what say your opinion as to the duration of their quarrel will last, dear?"
    "Forever, if they can help it."
    "Er, surely not...?"
    "Like I said. If they can help it. They are a lot of things that can stop two numbskulls from bickering."
    "...really, my dear?"
    (Catherine just smirks at her husband's exasperation at her horrible pun while Cope and Marsh continue to bicker in the background)

John Fucking Fitzgerald Kennedy (Avenger):
    "It is a shame that your people think less of you after your death, not to mention being betrayed like that, but I will admit, as a faithful husband and father, it is hard to be entirely sympathetic for your situation."
    "Yeah, me too. The things you couldn't control? People gossiping about your private life? I get being mad at that. But people not liking you for your what you, yourself, decided to do? Yeah, no."

Heinrich Schliemann (Berserker) (Random):
    "..."
    "Cat got your tongue, dear?"
    "Snrk. That was terrible, dear."
    "Not as terrible as him blowing things up willy-nilly. The ass-kicking from all the archaeologists and stuff will be great to watch, though."
    "Aha ha...while I admit I very much disagree with his methods...I do not think we need to cause bodily harm..."

Yoshitsugu Otani (Rider) (NailsInYourFeet):
    "Ah! Greetings, Yoshit--bleh!"
    "Don't mind him. He's just having trouble pronouncing."
    "Do not worry! I will pronounce your name correctly! Ahem. Greetings, Yoshitsugu. What shall we do today? Do you wish for some tea?"

Christian Caldwell (Assassin) (pinetree):
    "I pity him, Master. I wish his life did not lead down such a path. But he has made his choice. And I will not stand for him coming close to anyone he might harm."
    "Which is basically everyone in Chaldea."
    (As snarky as Catherine was, she is also on edge along with Petrus over Christian's presence)

Comte de Saint-Germaine (Caster):
    "Ah, a mastery of words. I realize you will not give me a straight answer, but mayhaps I could follow you for a bit? I would attempt to imitate and learn from you."
    (Catherine is also interested, but doesn't say anything, already thinking of ways to mess with people should she learn from a troll such as him)

Jenny Lind (Alter Ego) (Vance):
    "Ah, so you are affected by fairy tales you have been to as well. Although..."
    (Both realize the person that she was in life is there and yet not there, so entwined she is with her "stories")
    "Want to have some tea with us? I'd love to hear what your favorite things are."

William Randolph Hearst (Assassin) (sutaa):
    "...I am glad someone like him was not around in our time. I can only imagine how I would have been treated had the propaganda of werewolves and such were spread much more easily."
    (Catherine glares at Hearst. Unlike Saint-Germaine, this man does it with malice and not mischief, though she does have begrudging respect for his masterful art of manipulation)

Nostradamus (Caster) (Potion):
    "What's your favorite tea? Oh. Wait. Pardon, favorite beverage. I admit to only having knowledge of creating tea, but I'm sure we can find someone who can concoct what you prefer."
    "Or maybe we can get you a snack you like to munch on."
    (They seem to ask Nostradamus such mundane things, but they wish to give the man a break from the likelihood of people constantly asking him to peer into the past and future)

Count Felix von Luckner (Lancer) (DesReploid):
    "My! What a marvelous ship! Er, do you mind terribly if I could see it in full?"
    (Catherine watches with a fond smile)

Unas (Berserker) (Morg Van Destro):
    "...you wish to have made a difference. I see... I can understand, but..."
    "Dear."
    "I know, I know. He made his choice. And neither of us will allow him to do as he pleases."
    "But it is still sad to see how he came to be this way."

Sorghaghtani (Binder) (Nuclear):
    "Ah, yes, children can be quite ruly. I was lucky enough to that my own got along well enough. Especially since we had seven of them."
    (Catherine nods in agreement of that, though like with Petrus, they both miss their children terribly)

Chevalier de Saint-Georges (Saber) (Corvus):
    "Ho ho! A man of the sword and the notes! Pray tell, could you tell me of your stories? I find your sword forms fascinating."
    "I wonder if you can play a violin with that sword..."
    "Dear."
    (Catherine just grins at Petrus's flat expression)

William Thomas Stead (Caster) (YoungMeme):
    "Whatever the consequences to modern information your actions may have caused, I admire your efforts to expose suffering of those girls, as well as many more. So I thank you."
    "Yes. Thank you."
    (Both look very silently pissed, but it's clear it is because of the injustice he exposes, and not at the man himself)

William Topaz McGonagall (Caster) (Delgoras):
    "Does he...really think his poetry...is that well crafted...?"
    "Well he's gonna gall no matter what he does."
    (Catherine laughs as Petrus groans at her purposefully horrible pun)

Empress of Wei Tang (Assassin) (jishara):
    "You dislike cunning people yet you, yourself, concoct schemes? ...yet another hypocrital noble, I see."
    (Catherine silently condemns the empress, not bothering to deign her with words)

the Mary Celeste (Avenger) (Baron Magnus):
    "Oh you poor dear... I know you do not wish to get close, but would you allow us to assist you in your endeavor, at the very least?"
    (Catherine nods, solemn, hoping that Mary Celeste won't mind what little solace they can give her)

Sugawara no Takasue no Musume (Gatekeeper) (pinetree):
    Petrus leading:
    "Oh...you chronicled a majority of your life... Hmm...perhaps I should've done something similar in my first life..."
    "We can write one now, you know."
    "Oh yes! Splendid idea! Oh. But before that...may we listen to a story from you? We are willing to trade our own."

Catherine leading:
    "Fanfics, huh? Mind if you give me more 'Beauty and the Beast' recs? I'm sure I scoured all of AOE."
    "You...read fanfics of us, dear...?"
    smirks "Why of course dear." leans into his ear and whispers "They give me more than a few good ideas for bed..."
    "Eep!"
    (Catherine laughs as Petrus covers his face)

Cacareco (Lancer) (NailsInYourFeet):
    "Ah, you're like me. Er, no, wait, not exactly like me. Still...it is a shame you couldn't be elected despite your support."
    (Catherine doesn't mention the state that lead her to be voted for in the first place. She knows Petrus is aware of it)

Aristocles "Plato" of Athens (Lovers) (NMR-3):
    "Oh! Oh! Plato! It is an honor to meet you! I didn't realize you were knowledgeable in unarmed combat."
    "Mind teaching me? It'd be...useful."
    (Catherine gives her husband a smirk. Petrus, very familiar with that smirk, blushes at the sight of it)

Ismail al-Jazari (Lancer) (AndrosTC):
    "You truly lost faith, haven't you?"
    "And your dream was so beautiful..."
    "Very well. Come at us then."

Alfred Nobel (Avenger) (BnEl15):
    "Oh...the 'father of modern warfare'... A father whose 'child' was used for selfish reasons... As much as I do not agree with your choice of retribution, I... I can sympathize with the anger of others using your child and being unable to stop it."
    (Catherine is silent. She knows nothing she could say will bring comfort for a man as guilt ridden as he, especially one who was also a grieving parent, "inanimate" as his "child" was)

Si Pituang (Assassin) (Gl4re):
    "While I commend your efforts to rebel against your oprressors and protect your own, I cannot say I am fond of how ruthless you can be."
    "I appreciate it, personally. More straightforward than nobles faking smiles and cutting with words. As they say, 'do unto others as others would do unto you'."
    "Hmm, fair point, dear, but still..."
    "I know, dear. I know... The kind of life he lives is the kind either of us would be able to survive, or our children."

Vercingetorix (Saber) (Delgoras):
    "The King of Gaul... Perhaps it is presumptuous of me, but are you well? I hope having to keep together so many souls isn't wearing down on you too much. I would like to have a chat with you and know what Gaul was like in your time."
    (Catherine is just wondering whether if she could use his multiple personalities for a few pranks)

Aimo Allan Koivunen (Berserker) (Scotcheroos):
    "I know that drugs can cause wonderous feats, if sometimes at dangerous risks depending on the ingredients, but..."
    "I wonder if it'll work if I try it..."
    "D-Dear!? Please don't!"

Gustav Adolphus Rex Sueciae (Gatekeeper) (Morg van Destro):
    "Ah, an incredible ruler... I will admit, I wished I did similar in life, but I have made peace with it. Instead, a fellow parent... Do you mind if...if we could speak of our children together? I would like to hear more of your daughter."
    (Catherine nods as both parents think of their sons and daughters whom they didn't spend as much time as they would've liked)

Sir Christopher Lee ("Caster") (DesReploid):
    "Amazing...I cannot tell at all..."
    "Well that is his job."
    "Ah, yes, true... Do you mind if you regale me of your achievements? Or any stories you wish to tell. I would like to hear what acting has been like for you."

Otávio Maeda (Boxer) (Wyvern):
    "Ah, so you strive to do your best for our Master as well...even if we can barely stand against such behemoths as legendary heroes and villains. I wish you luck, even though I cannot follow the path that you walk."
    (Catherine nods and smiles in encouragement and agreement with her husband)

Haru Urara (Rider) (RoydGolden):
    "Aha ha. I hope you know we still care for you, even when it is ingrained in your legend that you should fail in your endeavors."
    (Catherine nods with a warm yet determined expression, hopefully conveying the same as her husband)

Lili Boulanger (Gatekeeper) (DelRey):
    "Ah, you wish to impart a lesson? Very well. I know we are not your students, but we are willing to assist however we can."
    "Or if you'd prefer, you can play us a song."
    "Yes, yes, really. Whatever is agreeable for you."
    (Both cannot help but be reminded of their own children and wish to dote on her, but know that such smothering would disrespect her, so they do their best to treat her as an equal)

Maria-Therese Charlotte (Avenger) (Vance):
    "I realize this will mean nothing to you, but still, my deepest condolences that you were imprisoned as such..."
    "No daughter should watch their family die before them..."

Magdalena Solis (Berserker) (RoydGolden):
    "Free? You consider that freedom?"
    "You know the answer to that, dear."
    "...I know. And I wish that wasn't the case."
    "Like with many Servants."

Sir Earnest Shackleton (Rider) (Legendary Hero of the Chain):
    "Hey Shackleton. What you want to play this time?"
    "Preferably something that doesn't lead to you swearing like a sailor over frustration."
    smirk "No promises."

Ern Malley (Faker) (NittyGritty):
    "Is it just me, or is this man ignoring my attempts to converse with him?"
    "No, it is not."
    "Any clue as to why? I hope I did not offend him."
    "I'm sure he's fine. Hr seems the kind to be uninterested in anything that doesn't help or inspire poetry. Can we go talk to someone else?"
    "Very well, dear. Let us depart."
    (Catherine actually has a suspicion as to Ern's reasons, but she certainly won't bother correcting or dealing with them when they could be doing literally anything else)

"Zé Carioca" ("Caster") (Wyvern):
    "...Dear."
    "What?"
    "I know what you're thinking. And it would be best to not attempt to take advantage of the properties of 'Toon Force' for yourself in hopes of causing mischief."
    "But that is the point of being a toon, isn't it? To have fun?"
    (Petrus groans as Catherine snickers)

BOND 10Craft Essence

Source
    True As It Can Be

They had said their vows.

They had partaken in their reception.

It was now time for the consummation.

Catherine would admit she was scared as her new husband led her away to their room.

But the moment they were gone from prying eyes, he took her hand and kissed it as if she was the most beautiful woman in the world.

And then he said,

"My dear. I know you have little, if any, reason to trust me. But I will still make this vow to you...

"I will do my best to be a husband that will listen to your counsel, support your wishes, protect your person, but most of all...ensure your happiness for the rest of our days.

"This, I vow, not as Petrus Gonsalvus...but as Pedro Gonzales."

And Catherine knew, then and there, that she was the luckiest woman in the world.

(Pretty Long) Author's Notes
    Aaaaaaand here is the second sheet I suspected I would make.
    And I'm still as nervous as the first time. For various reasons. XD
    This sheet is actually not the idea I was thinking of using for the contest, but it was actually one of them. I'll do them at some point, but now that I'm done with this, I can just focus on adding more to the relationship section and writing other things. Like other projects I have on a deadline.
    But enough about that. The sheet itself. As I mentioned, I'm still very nervous about it. I'm worried that I ended up going on the opposite end of the spectrum in the skills and stuff and maybe went a little too nuts?
    I don't know. I had a hard time at first what skills to go for, until I thought more in FGO gameplay terms, and then I could write the lore to go with the skills. I don't why that works for me, but it does. Either way, that's why I worry. These were the effects I had in mind that led me to the skills:

Skill 1: Living Fantasy C (8-7-6)
    Attack up for all allies
    Defense up for all allies
    Debuff Immune for self

Skill 2: Innocent Monster D (7-6-5)
    Generate Crit Stars (5-15) for 3 turns
    Damage up against enemies with Curse status for 3 turns

Skill 3: Curse Arts C+ (6-5-4 CD)
    Applies Curse (1000 damage) for 3 turns
    Applies Debuff resist down
    Applies "Evil" trait

Passive
    Beloved Fairy Tale B
    Attack up 15% for self when Child or Child-like Servant ally on field, does not stack
    Attack up 15% for all Child or Child-like Servant allies on field

NP
    Le Belle et la Bête
    Dispell debuffs + curses + apply guts for all allies (duration extends with overcharge) + NP gain (10-20%) (amount increases with NP lvl)

As well as lore reasons of course.

Living Fantasy was basically me going "okay I want an Innocent Monster effect but it's not exactly what I want" and also going in on how I picked them because they're "the real life Beauty and the Beast".

Innocent Monster is, well, because of Petrus being thought as a "beast man" when he was just a really hairy dude. I initially thought that maybe it'd clash with Living Fantasy in concept but 'cause of the gameplay inspiration, it's fine, and then making up a lore justification on why they have both.

Curse Arts is inspired by MuramasaMachII's Kepler knowing magecraft so that made me go "let's give 'em curse arts 'cause why not? at least i can think up of an excuse for curses instead of other practices of magecraft".

And the Beloved Fairy Tale thing is basically just me making manifest how I think fairy tales in modern days are viewed more generally as "fantasy" and "idealized" stuff, since, you know, "Life isn't a fairy tale", and that I personally also view certain fairy tales as "beacons of hope and childhood". Also totally not me "referencing" how Disney's 1991 Beauty and the Beast was lots of kids' childhoods. Nooooooo. :V

The NP is...probably still simple, but I'm still happy I came up with something at all, at least. Because, again, I had so much trouble thinking of something until I started thinking in gameplay.

Hopefully all that made enough sense, and the level of their ranks, and that I didn't end up going the other direction after the feedback from this thread, but if it didn't, well...that's what next time is for.

The other thing that was kind of a mess for me was the Bond 6 and 7, and the personality section of Bond 8, but I partially attribute that to writing the original late at night. XD It's...mostly fine now. Mostly. I feel like I could've organized the personality section better but gah it's annoying how my brain refuses to cooperate on that right now.

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy about this sheet. Ever since I found out about the existence of Petrus and Catherine, I wanted to do something with them, as I really am a sucker for the fairy tale "Beauty and the Beast", even more so now that I'm older, but didn't really have any ideas for that...until now! So I'm so happy I wrote and finished this at all, though a part of me also kinda wishes I did them later to give them all the love and care I want to give them. which isn't helping my nervousness on posting this

I was having trouble at first finding the FC for what I wanted and figured I'd have to find individual art for Petrus and Catherine. But then I found this artist using "anthro cat" (or something to that effect; I forget) and not only get an FC art that matched what I wanted, but a Bond CE art too! Apparently it's actually art for a mobile game by Cygames called Shadowverse. Anyways... A part of me feels like rambling on, but the words aren't really coming to me now so...yeah.

Again, critique is appreciated. especially if it's a bit on the gentle/tactful side, like pine did, in my eyes at least And I hope you guys still like this sheet even if it has (lots of?) flaws.
    Last edited by DracoScribe; October 17th, 2022 at 09:23 PM. Reason: I KNEW I FORGOT SOMEONE GAH! oh and some new reactions
    Author of:
    Persona 5: Refraction (SV link; FF.net link)
    "You didn't have to fight for me, you know." "And you didn't have to curl your hair so we'll look even more alike." Ren stared before he softly chuckled, Akira joining him not long after. With one simple decision as a child, Ren Amamiya goes to Tokyo alongside his little sister, Akira. (P5R Sibling AU) (Ren/Ann, Akechi/Fem!Akira)
    Chapter 55 on: April 24, 2024 (GMT +8:00)
    Velvet Throne
    My list of my Servants! Still small for now.

失敗作の神 God of Failed Work Spelror's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    are yall planning to give your sheets valentine ces?

Blog Entries
    Not usually, no. Maybe on some specific Valentine-related Servant, or if I just really need to pad out a sheet, like what happened with Pavlova back then. Feel free to do it if you want to, though.

Blog Entries
    I actually thought 'Wait, Valentine's Day is coming up?' for a second, when no, it's October

Obscure Servant Creator Scotcheroos's Avatar
    A famous political hellhole on Earth called America
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Maybe.

失敗作の神 God of Failed Work Spelror's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NailsInYourFeet View Post
    I actually thought 'Wait, Valentine's Day is coming up?' for a second, when no, it's October
    I mean, we doing Nightgale's Christmas Carol now so...

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Speaking of, seeing the number of participants in this month's contest in getting me excited for Secret Santa already.

Blog Entries
    Oh yeah, December's getting closer. Not sure if we'll be holding the Secret Santa contest this year, but I'd honestly love to.
    Last edited by BnEl15; October 16th, 2022 at 04:33 AM.

Blog Entries
    December is always regular contest month, so perhaps January is the place to go. But I'd love to play it again.
    Reminds me that one who wanted to participate back then is MIA since then. Was is doncosaco?
    F
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    BACK FROM CREATIVE BLOCKAGE LAND! Got a little stuck on things while work's picked up, but we're getting back to balling now

Finally got around to adding JFK's reactions to everyone in the contest this month, I'll hopefully get to my reactions to everything out eventually because y'all made some GOOD-ASS SHIT while I was gone.

Also, I'd be hella down for a Secret Santa, shit looks fun.

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Secret santa was really fun last year. hopefully we can do another one
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Blog Entries
    I'll admit to being a bit leery on the Secret Santa Contest. If only because... well... I was the only one who didn't get their secret santa from last year. So it kinda put a damper on the idea for me.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, that sucked but I think it's still a pretty big success that only one person (out of 15?) didn't do their part.
    Besides, like Del said, doncosaco has been gone for a while. Hopefully you'll have better luck!

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quick question, where do I go to bitch about how finicky the formatting is? I can't even color text the damn collapse tags...
    Last edited by Scotcheroos; October 16th, 2022 at 08:26 PM.

...I know no cure for evil. DracoScribe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Just gonna quickly drop by to say that DelRey's advanced formatting guide in his sig talks about which collapse tags you can use for that sorta thing.

As for asking for other formatting stuff, they directed me to the "Womb" thread when talking about skills and I saw them talk about formatting there, so that's where I assume you can ask.
    Author of:
    Persona 5: Refraction (SV link; FF.net link)
    "You didn't have to fight for me, you know." "And you didn't have to curl your hair so we'll look even more alike." Ren stared before he softly chuckled, Akira joining him not long after. With one simple decision as a child, Ren Amamiya goes to Tokyo alongside his little sister, Akira. (P5R Sibling AU) (Ren/Ann, Akechi/Fem!Akira)
    Chapter 55 on: April 24, 2024 (GMT +8:00)
    Velvet Throne
    My list of my Servants! Still small for now.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    You can color collapse if you do like this:

TESTInside has to be individually colored or it stays the same color as the outside.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Less that, more something like this:

Cheeseburger (Click here)[COLOR="#FFD700"Cheeseburger[/COLOR]]Cheeseburger

If I were to attempt to color a collapse tag this way it wouldn't work, and it is doing an untold amount of frustration on my part for my second entry
    Last edited by Scotcheroos; October 16th, 2022 at 08:45 PM.