Page 293 of 369 FirstFirst ... 193243283288291292293294295298303343 ... LastLast
Results 5,841 to 5,860 of 7370

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Blog Entries
    Just a few days left, and we're dead. I blame Schlock War.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Morg van Destro View Post
    Just a few days left, and we're dead. I blame Schlock War.
    I've been thinking about doing another sheet, but I don't think I can dredge up enough inspiration and ideas in time to make it meet my standards. On the other hand, I can still make Servant Interactions with Markandeya for the newer Servants after him. I don't know it will be to the same extent like Hata no Kawakatsu's, but it will make an excellent writing exercise!

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh right, this thing's still going on.
    I am rushing through my entry. Will probably be finished in a day or two.
    A bit shorter than my usual stuff, but I think he works well enough.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleScribe View Post
    I've been thinking about doing another sheet, but I don't think I can dredge up enough inspiration and ideas in time to make it meet my standards. On the other hand, I can still make Servant Interactions with Markandeya for the newer Servants after him. I don't know it will be to the same extent like Hata no Kawakatsu's, but it will make an excellent writing exercise!
    I have a candidate, but I decided that I'd do a single one to match when I did a single one for the unusual summons.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries
    I have a couple of ideas, but I'd rather spend a couple weeks researching rather than rush them out half-baked.

Blog Entries
    I feel like the dance aspect is a little forced, but I love the sheet overall.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, it's definitely a stretch lol. a last-minute adjustment to somewhat fit the prompt.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Blog Entries
    I'm of the same opinion. She's cool, but the dance feels entirely tangential to who she is. But that's more for Draco to decide.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries
    Hmm, I've took a good look at the prompt once again and by own volition pulled out the sheet. I thought it's "Dance" in general and not specifically "Dancers".
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Blog Entries
    It is hard prompt.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries

Recent Relationships
    Interaction Matrix
    AN
    Maybe this will be all the sheets for the Contest now. So... here you go. What I promised to Morg.
    P.S. Thanks, Kamera for deleting the Sheet. It makes the last interaction below very relevant! He legit Destroyed the Sheet from the contest!
    Wonhyo I sense a disciple of the Enlightened One. Though his teaching originate from a different source, they all shall lead to the same conclusion of Moksha or Mukti or what they would call Nirvana. It is an... interesting school of Enlightenment that originated from underneath that Tree. Sage, why not engage in debate with me? Share Sutras with each other?
    Mokosh That Goddess... Her Essence is that of Lady Lakshmi, yet the Land she hails from worship her as someone much much more. Her dance is ancient, that much can be discerned. Of course, it is one I have seen done at least once by Lord Nataraja, but that is a Dance that signifies the Beginning of All and Three. So it is not much compatible with The Lord of Dancers as well as myself.
    Pierina Legnani Once, the Dance was a Divine action that caused the World to tremble. Though the World itself no longer listens to the Dance, these myriad motions can still bring joy to both performer and audience. No matter where or when, the motion of limbs and stomping of feet causes enrapturement and awe to be captured in the eyes of beholders. This girl's existence is proof that the Dance can still move the World.
    Saint Pelagia
    Absolution does not come easily. Just ask Ravana. That said... This girl embodies the Concept of Extremity. Moderation is foreign to her as it did to Vritra... Hm? "Surf the Kali Yuga?" Hmm... The River Ganges does flow between the Old Age and the New Age like waves, yes. Well, I would be lying if I haven't done such a thing between the Ages. In special circumstances, I suppose Lord Shiva would bestow a Rider form upon me. Would you like to see a commemorative photo with my comrades from other Lands?
    A Vacation between Both Endings of the World

Doamna Zinelor An Aspara? No, but an apt enough comparison. That Dance of hers is comparable to the dancers in Lord Indra's court, if not more sublime. Although it may be worth mentioning the World did not see it fit to send such Terminals to heal my Lands. I have heard only rumors of what they call Fae. Throughout the Ages, I only caught mere glimpses even as the World ended numerous times. For even my catching sight of their Queen must mean the circumstances in their duties have changed for the worse.
    The Serpent has been Destroyed. Om Namah Shivaya.

Ouagadou-Bida
    I sense a Serpent of familiar Vices... Could it be Vritra? No... An existence worthy of being Nagaraja. A God of Golden Incandescence. A Calamity of Eternity. An Enemy to Lord Shiva. You. Monster. You have offended the Dharma of this Yuga with your actions. All Things must End. That is the Law of this Cycle. To go against such Rulings would be to go against the Universe. You stand against the natural course of the Cosmos. Therefore, you stand against me. May the Dance be your Final Judgement.

"
    Maha Shivaratri
    Tāṇḍava Natyam
    "

Last edited by SimpleScribe; February 20th, 2023 at 02:09 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleScribe View Post
    Maybe this will be all the sheets for the Contest now. So... here you go. What I promised to Morg.
    P.S. Thanks, Kamera for deleting the Sheet. It makes the last interaction below very relevant! He legit Destroyed the Sheet from the contest!
    What sweet irony.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries
    Well, I got sick last week and ended up not working on my second sheet. At least I managed to write the first and post it anyway. Good luck everyone!

Servant Sheet Compilation
    'Winner' of the Legendary Jack-Off

Hold up, I'm cooking up a submission. Hopefully the deadline is the 21st... in a Western timezone. I don't know the exact time because I'm new here.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadist Katja View Post
    Hold up, I'm cooking up a submission. Hopefully the deadline is the 21st... in a Western timezone. I don't know the exact time because I'm new here.
    i hope its the 22
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

Blog Entries
    Lancer of the Petits Violons
    -- He Who Outshone the Sun --

"And the party continues at last! Servant Lancer, Jean-Baptiste Lully, composer, guitarist, violinist, dancer, and court musician extraordinaire, is on the scene! Hm? I don't look anything like the paintings? Heh, it's called modernizing, darling. That one portrait of me was soooo 17th-century! Next you'll tell me Emperor Nero was a man! Anyways, don't sweat the little things! All this talk of Holy Grail Wars and Lostbelts... that stress will kill you one day. You won't have to worry about stress now that I'm here, though. Leave everything to me, and I'll organize an opera or a party to help you take your mind off things. Now, let us begin by setting the atmosphere... music, start!"
    ~ ♬ ~

Source

"Come now, don't tell me you're the type to get awkward at parties? My... old friend Louis was the same at first, a long time ago. Then I asked him for a dance- a ballet, if I remember correctly- and the two of us had the greatest night of our lives! So why don't we do the same? Join me on the dance floor, and I'll give you a few pointers so you can loosen up and really take in the celebrations. Alternatively, if you're not up for a dance, you can always introduce me to any eligible bachelors or bachelorettes here. I'm not too picky on that front, if you catch my drift."

Class: Lancer
    Other Classes: Caster
    True Name: Jean-Baptiste Lully
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Origin: Italy (17th century)

Parameters:

STR: D
    END: C
    AGI: B
    MGI: D
    LCK: A-
    NP: C+

Likes: Parties, boasting of his musical talents, beautiful men and women
    Dislikes: Silence, boring people, sadness, things he cannot understand
    Talent: Dancing, mentoring, playing a variety of musical instruments, acting, organizing celebrations
    Natural Enemy: Louis XIV, Daniel Steibelt
    Armament: An oversized conducting staff, two smaller staffs
    Catalyst: His sheet musics, a fragment of his staff

Class Skills

Magic Resistance (D)

Cancels Single-Action spells. Magic Resistance of the same degree of an amulet that rejects magical energy. A low rank befitting of someone with very little connection to the supernatural world.

"Now, now, my life may have been strictly on the mundane side of reality, but it was by no means boring. Keep that innate sense of wonder within you! Find something to celebrate each day, no matter how small or insignificant they may seem! There's always a reason to throw a party each day if you really know where to look! Ahem, the point is... life can be boring. Monotone. But you don't have to succumb to that monotony. Through my music and my dancing, I created magic out of the mundane. Can you do the same, Master?"

Personal Skills

Le Roi Danse (A+)

The King of Dance. The Prince of French Musicians. Revolutionary of Court Ballets. Those are but a few titles Lancer was known for in life. A multi-talented performer, Lancer redefined the French baroque movement through his musical compositions, court ballets, and operas. In place of slow and methodical movements which had been the norm prior to his rise to fame, Lancer introduced fast-paced, livelier ballets inspired by both folk and popular dances of the time, such as gavottes, menuets, rigaudons, and sarabandes. Ultimately, it can be said that Lancer's brand of baroque creates a contagious sense of joy, capable of pulling up even the most downtrodden of spirits from their slump.

Lancer's compositions invoke a sense of mania within his audiences. Every music and every dance is passively laced with this mental interference effect that becomes more powerful overtime, eventually clouding the affected targets' judgment with the overwhelming desire to break into song, party, and make merry. Lancer can also integrate other musical and dancing styles to his creations, replicating any beneficial effects and expanding his repertoire.

"Well, most people called me a hedonist, after all. Not that I mind. What's wrong with living in search of pleasure? If you ask me, I consider baroque as a dance of yearning. A yearning to be free, to escape from all the troublesome conventionalities and obligations of the world. You can spend years enrolling in some fancy academy trying to comprehend the long history and profound intricacies of song and dance, but what's the point if you're not enjoying yourself in the middle of it all? Come now, we dance to liberate ourselves from our burdens, if just temporarily! That's why the least you can do is leave all your baggage at the door! Tonight, nothing exists beyond the dance floor!"

French Overture (B)

Lancer's invention, a popular melody widely known in the Baroque period. The overture normally consists of two parts enclosed by double bars and repeat signs. The two parts are complementary to each other, one slower to establish the rhythm and one faster to add "color" to the initial motif. The first section usually ends with a dominant harmony followed by a tonic ending, while the second ends with a brief recollection of the first, sometimes even repeating some of its melodic content.

This overture manifests as two smaller conducting staffs that constantly hover around Lancer, automatically aiding him in combat. One staff is slower and weightier, focusing on damage, while the other is faster. The two complement each other, with the lighter staff baiting the opponent into a guarding position, while the heavier one aims for a blind spot created by the first strike. While their damages aren't anything exceptional, one would require extensive mind and body coordination to survive an onslaught from these two staffs. As a secondary effect, based on the utilization of melodic repetition in the overture, a successful strike from one staff inflicts a mark on the target's body. If that mark is struck by the other staff, the target receives extra damage, alongside a different-colored mark. Should that mark be struck by a different staff, the extra damage is doubled, and another mark is created. This process can stack infinitely until it a strike is successfully blocked by the target.

"Is it hard to synchronize my movements with these two staffs floating around? Well, I can't say I've known a single day of combat prior to my manifestation as a Servant, but what's life without a few spices called unpredictability, am I right? A true prodigy should be able to adapt their footwork to account for every possible dance partner, and this one is no exception. The enemy is not your... enemy. They are your partner, with whom you'll work together to create a performance worth remembering. Ha, how's that for 'sagely advice'!?"

Musical Monopoly (A+)

A Skill denoting Lancer's aggressive approach to marketing his style. He was ruthless in his pursuit of power and used his influence with the king and other high-ranking members of society to crush rivals and establish a monopoly over stage music. Not only did he frequently held operas and court ballets to advertise his brand of baroque, he even went so far as to shut down other schools and rent out venues which greatly limited these other styles' development process. At the height of his influence, it was said that no opera could be performed in the country without his explicit permission, with him controlling ticket prices as well. Unsurprisingly, this earned him no small number of enemies who tried to attack his reputation through slanderous rumors and accusations.

This ambition of his manifests as the ability to shut down any art-related Skill or Noble Phantasm ranked lower than A (and partially weakening any abilities ranked A and above) within his immediate surroundings. Furthermore, while he does not possess Territory Creation, he is able to hijack any C-ranked or lower territory to give himself some extra mana and reinforce his combat potential. This rank limitation is removed entirely if said territory is created by a fellow artist (performance venues, theaters, dance studios, and so on).

"Now, now, Master. It's impolite to look at anyone else when your dance partner is right in front of you. Anyways, becoming the loudest voice in the room was starting to feel a little too easy for me back then, so I changed my goal to the next logical step; becoming the only voice in the room. As for those other artists crushed under my feet? Well... did they ever prove me wrong? If they're so pissed about my style, they should've spent more time perfecting their own or coming up with a piece that would prove their little routines could still be relevant in the era. Instead, they resorted to petty rumors and the like. It was pathetic, really. It's not my fault they had zero drive towards self-improvement!"

Sun King's Patronage (A-)

Fragments of a distant memory. A tumultuous, decades-long friendship between the most powerful man in France and the country's greatest artist. The Sun King Louis XIV funded many of Lancer's projects, defended the artist from the numerous accusations made against him, and attended many of his performances. On the other hand, Lancer dedicated many of his operas and compositions to his closest... friend. Together, the two assembled the Petit Violons, a violin orchestra open to Lancer's radical ideas. Basically, his friendship with the king created an environment where Lancer was able to cultivate his talents to reach new heights. Unfortunately, this relationship soured in their later years...

A combination of Golden Rule and Mana Burst (Flames). Upon its activation, it becomes significantly easier for Lancer to amass wealth. His luck greatly increases, as if receiving a blessing from the very heavens. In combat, he is able to exert control over heat and flames to a limited degree based on the king's obsession with "becoming the sun". That said, due to how their relationship ended, Lancer can only invoke a small portion of this authority. The moment he activates this Skill, its rank would steadily drop, slowly losing its effectiveness, until it reaches the bottom rank of E. Afterwards, it would take a full 24 hours- a single rotation around the sun- to "recharge" this Skill back to its original rank. Thus, relying on the flames or the supernatural luck brought about by this Skill is usually a poor idea for longer, more drawn-out battles.

"I'd rather not use this Skill if I can help it. It feels like paying off a debt using your ex's credit card. Ah, um, t-that's not to say we were ever like that, I swear! I know this may not sound so convincing coming from me, but our relationship was nothing like that! F-For one, I don't think he swings that way, and I fully respect his life choices! It's just that after all is said and done, he's still a... precious friend of mine. And due to my own shortcomings, I... couldn't repay his kindness when he needed me the most. Yeah, that was it. Nothing more, nothing less."

Source

Noble Phantasm

The World Dances Upon a Single Rhythm
    Rhytme Universel

"Now, let the celebrations begin! With this, I shall absolve you of your burdens, your sorrows, and your tears! Dance, and let the world dance with you! Rhytme Universel!"

Type: Anti-Army
    Range: 1-100
    Max Targets: -

A crystallization of Lancer's status as "the first conductor". While large musical ensembles weren't anything new by his time, Lancer was the first to try and organize these multitude of instruments together to form a single, unified performance known as an orchestra. Thus, it can be said that the very concept of orchestras were born from Lancer's vision of baroque. Since these orchestras were often used as instrumentals during his ballets and operas, it's no surprise that his status as a "conductor" affects the world of dance as well.

A passive Noble Phantasm that takes effect whenever Lancer slams his conductor's staff rhythmically against the ground, just as he did during his orchestras. By doing so, he establishes a "rhythm" that his surroundings must follow. Initially, this manifests simply as a subconscious desire to move one's body. Basically, it's a harmless invitation to dance. As this performance goes on and Lancer's rhythm is engraved upon the world's very textures, one may notice more... peculiar effects, however. Affected targets are subconsciously compelled to move (step, attack, block, dodge, etc.) according to the rhythm, beams and projectile attacks would land a few miliseconds faster or later to conform to the rhythm, and even the targets' speech patterns (mainly syllables, grammar, and linguistic contractions) must adhere to this same rhythm, potentially interfering with both general communication and incantations. Essentially, Lancer turns every combat encounter into a song-and-dance routine. While these effects do not grant him any overwhelming power boost or beneficial buffs, it does make it much easier for him to predict his enemies movements and perform suitable countermeasures.

In general, one would require a powerful mental resistance ability to break free of this rhythm. There are two other methods to avoid this Noble Phantasm's worst effects. The first is surprisingly simple; to cover both your eyes and ears so long as Lancer conducts his performance. So long as one cannot perceive the rhythm around them, they would be spared from its temptations. Of course, averting your eyes and closing your ears from the enemy in the middle of battle is... probably not a good idea. This brings us to the second method; to possess absolutely zero musical awareness. Even if one is able to clearly see and hear Lancer's established rhythm, this Noble Phantasm holds no power against those who simply cannot perceive this rhythm as anything more than white noise. Of course, since most humans are naturally born with an instinctive sense of rhythm, only few are born with this talent... or lack thereof.

Creeping Misery that Marks a Dying Dream
    Te Deum - Requiem

"Oh boy, I really don't want our dance to end this soon, but I suppose even the liveliest celebrations will end one day. Sigh... forgive me. Please understand that I take no pleasure in any of this. Te Deum - Requiem..."
    *BAM*
    "Now... would you kindly present me with one last dance?"

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: 1-2
    Max Targets: 1

A grotesque Noble Phantasm very much contrary to Lancer's usual cheer. A reenactment of his end. It is said that he died after accidentally striking his own foot with his conducting staff during a performance of Te Deum celebrating the king's recovery from a surgery. The wound turned gangrenous, and Lancer refused an amputation- the only procedure that could have saved him- so he could still dance. Left untreated, the infection propagated through his body and reached his brain, killing him.

Upon activating this Noble Phantasm's True Name, Lancer's next strike with his staff inflicts a certain black mark on his target. It is a curse reminiscent of the gangrene that Lancer once suffered. Initially, this mark produces a dull, pulsating pain periodically around the wounded body part. The more said body part is moved, however, the more this mark would spread, increasing the affected areas and intensifying the pain. Once the mark has fully enveloped a single body part (a hand, for example), that part would effectively be considered "dead", unmovable and unusable. If left untreated, this infection will worm its way into the target's spirit core, killing them instantly the moment this ominous black mark touches their core. Unfortunately, while Skills such as Natural Body or certain medical knowledge could help slow down the spreading infection, the most reliable way to truly stop it is nothing short of amputation; severing the wounded area as soon as possible. Thus, much like Lancer did back then, the target must choose between living with a ticking time bomb or permanently losing a limb or an organ.

Lancer keeps this Noble Phantasm as a last resort, but he normally prefers to strike his target on the chest area- near their spirit core- to give them a relatively swift end. For those who truly managed to draw his ire, however... he strikes their foot before using his first Noble Phantasm's passive effect to make them dance. If he's feeling especially cruel, rather than using his Noble Phantasm, he uses Sun King's Patronage to heat up the ground beneath the target, making them "dance". Of course, due to his usual jolly, easygoing nature, it's unlikely that he would ever go that far.

As a footnote, Lancer must be extremely wary of this Noble Phantasm. Due to conceptual weakness, should the cursed tip of his staff touch his own body after True Name release, the infection would consume him in seconds. And he's still too prideful to ever agree on amputation. Therefore, one can only hope that he wouldn't be clumsy enough to repeat his previous mistake.

"Come oooon~ Daaance~ You know you want to~"

Source

Ascension 2

"Now, who's up for a wardrobe change? Hm? Just me? Well, it can't be helped. Someone of my talents can't afford to be mistaken for a welfare Servant, so I went through the trouble of bringing some of my favorite stage costumes all the way from the Throne. Let's see... how about this? I like the boldness of this one. Is this too much for casual wear, you ask? Nonsense! People find confidence attractive, sexy, even! One should bear no shame for wearing flamboyant outfits! Why, with a costume as eye-catching as this one, I wouldn't run out of partners in the ballroom anytime soon, hahaha!"

Source

Lore

Jean-Baptiste Lully (1632-1687) was an Italian-born French composer, guitarist, violinist, and dancer who is considered a master and pioneer of the French baroque style. He spent most of his life working in the court of King Louis XIV of France and became a French subject in 1661.

Act 1
    Lully (originally born Giovanni Battista Lulli) was born to a middle-class family of millers in 1632. For someone with his background, he was well-educated, capable of manipulating a quill pen with ease. His first contact with the world of music came from a Franciscan friar who gave him lessons in guitar, dance, and music theory. By age 14, he had garnered a small reputation as a street performer in Florence. It was during one of these performances that he caught the attention of one Roger de Lorraine, a passing French nobleman. De Lorraine was looking for someone to converse in Italian with his niece, Mademoiselle de Montpensier. Believing the young boy could act as a perfect friend to his niece, the nobleman took him to Paris.

Lully's early years in Paris proved to be a fruitful one. He served the mademoiselle as her chamber boy, but outside his initial duties, he also utilized the family's connections to acquaint himself with big-name musicians such as Nicolas Métru, François Roberday and Nicolas Gigault. Having learned from these masters, his musical talent bloomed further, earning him nicknames such as Baptiste (baptist) and le grand baladin (the great street-artist). Unfortunately, his relationship with the family did not last. In 1652, when a civil war and a political scandal resulted in the Mademoiselle's family being exiled to the provinces, Lully begged his leave, because he did not want to leave Paris. His request was granted, and for the first time, he was truly alone in the big city.

"Sometimes the world presents you with a choice. Crossroads that would lead your life towards vastly different directions. You know what I just can't stand during those moments? People who chose one path simply because they 'feel bad'. Listen, if you think the bonds you've forged with the family who took you in for almost a decade is worth throwing away your lifelong dreams, then more power to you. Who knows, you might just find a different kind of happiness at the end of that path. But if you think your talents would be wasted living in some nameless village in the middle of nowhere? Then you say it. Can you imagine just how your family would feel if they ever find out you chose them over your dreams just because you feel bad for them? It's as though your bonds are glued together by little more than pity, and you're not gonna make anyone happy with that sentiment. At least that's how I see it."

Act 2
    Just a year later, Lully had caught the attention of the young King Louis XIV, dancing with him in the Ballet royal de la nuit. The very next year, the king appointed him as the royal composer for instrumental music. As time went on, Lully's career continued to develop, one bold step at a time. With the king's resources and connections at his disposal, he radically revolutionized France's music and dance culture. In 1661, when King Louis took over the reins of the government, he appointed Lully as superintendent of the royal music and music master of the royal family. It was at around this time that Lully officially became a French citizen, changing his Italian name for a more French-sounding one. One of his greatest inventions during this stage of his life was the comédie-ballet. A product of his collaboration with the playwright Molière, it combines theater, comedy, music, and ballet into one majestic spectacle.

According to his contemporaries, Lully was ruthlessly ambitious in his pursuits. At the peak of his power, no opera could be performed anywhere in France without his express permission, and he allegedly monopolized ticket prices to give his baroque performances more audience. No one could stop him. Those who resented him began sowing rumors of him being a depraved homosexual (which was outlawed at the time) who frequented brothels and orgies despite being a married man, but those rumors did nothing to tarnish his reputation. One possible explanation was that the king's brother- if not the king himself- was a closeted gay man, which might explain why these rumors were so quick to be swept under the rug. The truth- just how much of these accusations were true, and how much was exaggerated, as well as the king's sexual orientation- is left uncertain to this day.

"'Ruthlessly ambitious'? Fufu, nothing more than excuses made by the lazy and the envious. They failed to prove the merits of their styles to me, so why shouldn't I silence them? Ah, I know that sounds evil of me, but I gave them plenty of chances, you know? Not to mention, they're still free to practice and perform in smaller venues. Basically, they had many chances to hone their talents, improve upon their styles and prove to me that it's worth listening, but nooo, they'd rather stick to petty name-calling and schoolyard insults! Anyways, on the topic of those rumors... well, they're all true for the most part, so I see no reason to get mad. Besides, by that point, I'm just too important to the French artistic scene to fall before such minor trifles~!"
    "I know what you're thinking, Master, but please bear with me. This is not arrogance. This is called being aware of your capabilities and your importance to society. There's a difference, you see, and under certain contexts, people would find such qualities attractive!"

Things began to change in 1683. Following the death of Queen Marie-Thérèse and the king's scandalous marriage to Madame de Maintenon, Louis' relationship with the arts had seemingly soured. He grew tired of Lully's chaotic lifestyle, lavish parties, and homosexual encounters. To show his displeasure, in 1683, he banned Lully from performing the opera Armide​ at Versailles. The composer seemingly understood his message, and the two drifted apart.

Following the dissolution of their friendship, Lully continued his career as a musician and dancer. He no longer had access to many of the king's royal privileges, but by that point, he had grown into such a big name that making it on his own was a trivial matter to him.

Lully met his end in 1687. During a performance of Te Deum to celebrate the king's recovery from a surgery, he accidentally struck his foot with his large conducting staff. The wound became gangrenous, and he refused an amputation so that he could still dance. In just a few months, the infection spread to his brain, killing him.

"You really want to know what happened between me and Louis? It's not a pretty story to tell... Hmph, fine, I suppose I could tell you a bit about that. Ahem... you know how all children must grow up, all parties must end, and even the sun must set eventually? Such is the natural law of this world. That said, for someone whose life was so filled with strife, competition, and ambition like myself... I refused to abide by such things. No, wait, maybe that's not entirely right. It might be more accurate to say that I didn't know how to play by those rules. You may think I'm bragging again, but no, I'm being completely serious this time. I didn't know anything about those depressing politics and royal affairs. The only thing I knew... was to shine brighter amidst all of the doom and gloom. And that's what I did. Haha, during those troublesome times, it could really be said that I outshone the king himself! ...Not that it did anyone any good. Well, that's basically it. A tragedy between a king caught up in the harsh realities of this world, and his friend, who could only shine brighter in defiance of such reality. Ah, if only..."

Description

Source

"Must you ask? Celebrations! Parties! Carnivals! The grander the better! Sure, call me a hedonist, but even you have to admit that sampling those expensive dishes, savoring the fine wine, meeting some charming monsieur or mademoiselle, and dancing the night away would feel good. The only thing better than that? Knowing you can do the same thing again the very next night, of course! Eh? Who should be funding those parties and dealing with the technical side of things, you ask? W-Well, let's not worry about such trivialities! Tonight, let's have a ball as majestic as the Palais-Royal itself!"

Dislikes:
    "Rumors and gossip. Not because they're hurtful, no. Those things had no hope of inflicting even the tiniest amount of hurt on me, but they did feel grating to my ears after a while, so that's why I dislike them; because they're an annoyance. I also dislike those who came up with these rumors. So-called 'rivals' who would rather drag others down than pull themselves up. Sure, cry and rage all they want; so long as they'd rather resort to pathetic ad-hominem attacks instead of actually proving me wrong with their music, they won't stand a chance against me."

Wish:
    "The Holy Grail? That's practically a real fancy wine cup, right? I bet anyone would want to attend a party in a venue where such a valuable artifact is displayed. Of course, I'd also like to try drinking from it, and- huh? I shouldn't? Wait, you're telling me this wouldn't be the first time this sort of incident happened!? A-And someone ate one of those Japanese noodles from a Grail once!? Fufu... hahaha, so that's how it is! You folks in Chaldea sure know how to party! Now I'm even more curious to see what would happen if I use the Grail to mix some cocktails!"

Bond 5
    "A dance is nice. Sometimes, my mind flashes back to those simpler times. The two of us, laughing and dancing away under the moonlight, free from the burdens of our careers and our stations in life. Haha, I doubt that he'd ever look at me that same way again, though. Ah, b-but it's not like I have any problems with that, really! I still respect Louis for all that he is, sexual orientation and minor unnecessary feelings aside! I attended his wedding to Lady Marie-Thérèse, and I was genuinely happy to see their love blossom back then! They truly loved each other, which must be why her untimely passing was such a major blow to him. Ahem, apologies, I'm going on a tangent. I still miss those memories of the Ballet royal de la nuit sometimes, but not because of Louis specifically. Rather, it was a chance for me to forget everything. To completely lose myself in the festivities to the point I won't need to think of anything else. It's... probably not the best coping mechanism for my troubles, I know."

Dislikes:
    "Have you ever had those moments, Master? When a friend, a partner, or someone dear to you sits beside you, pouring their heart out and letting their tears flow, only for you to stay awkwardly silent next to them? I had, once, and I hated it. It reminded me of what happens once the curtains fall. The political scandals, the partings we faced in this life, the empty feeling that returns once the celebrations concluded... Most importantly, it reminded me of just how clueless, how powerless I was, despite everything I accomplished. I mean, what was I supposed to say then!? 'These troubles will pass'!? 'Things will get better one day'!? I wanted to give him such sentiments back then, I really did, it's just that... would he want to hear any of that from me!? From the one guy who never faced a single day of hardship throughout his entire career!? I... didn't deserve to say such things to his face. That's why I..."

Wish:
    "A question, Master; by any chance, have you... summoned Louis here? You haven't? Phew, good. I'm not going to waste a Grail to summon him either. I do owe him an apology, but even now, I'm still not sure on what to actually say to him should we actually meet again. Gah, my mind's a mess just thinking about it! I can't just greet him normally like nothing ever happened, but leading up with the apology is just... hard, okay!? I know I should be more true to myself, but where do I even begin with that!? A-And what if my very belated apology only served to sour his mood even further, and our relationship just becomes worse than it already is!? I don't think I can deal with that, not to mention... ah, you know what, Master!? Use one of those Grails to prevent Louis from ever being summoned here until I say so! Maybe things would be easier if I can put my thoughts on paper first, like I did with the usual operas and compositions. Sigh, this will take a while..."

Flamboyant and eccentric. Dominating and ruthless. Hedonistic and passionate. Arrogant and boastful. A colorful person of many moods, Lancer displays a different facet of himself with each interaction. In his usual pleasantries, he is a charming joker; witty, refined, and perhaps more than a little flirty towards those who captured his interest. Bold, but still respectful towards those who reject his advances, it's unsurprisingly easy for him to amass dedicated fans wherever he goes... those who value him not just for his artistic talents. This is a 180° difference compared to the face he shows whenever the topic of his music comes up. There, you have a proud, ambitious egotist who absolutely knows just how talented he is, and isn't afraid to rub his superiority on the face of others. He claims to like competition, but he places such an unrealistic standard upon both himself and others to the point he is utterly convinced that only the best of the best, the "1% of musicians" could ever present him with anything worth listening.

Lancer shows yet another side to himself during the celebrations he loves so much. He is a complete party animal with barely any sense of restraint. With nonexistent shame or self-consciousness, he is willing to participate in any silly games or dances at his leisure. After all, "No one would expect someone of my renown to participate in anything so silly or humiliating. Therefore, if I partake in an activity, said activity would automatically be branded as not silly. Hip, even. The world is decided by the trendsetters like that, you see."... at least, that's his response whenever anyone questions him on his... chaotic party antics the very next day. On that note, you can be sure that he'll try to pull off or escalate those the same antics in whatever party he's invited to next.

All in all, none of these different personas are false. The charming gentleman, the ambitious performer, the fun-loving party enjoyer... Lancer is just that expressive. That said, there is one side to himself that he is normally reluctant to reveal towards anyone other than his closest confidants. Lancer lives in a world of his own; a world of merriment, accolades, and constant celebrations. This sort of life had brought him nothing but joy, and he claims to have no regrets over how his life went down, for the most part. However, underneath his smile, Lancer conceals a deep-seated fear towards whatever should happen once the party is over. Once reality sets in once again, and its burdens- the death of loved ones, the weight of kingship, and the scandals that come with being in a position of power- threatens to sever the bonds he forged with those closest to him. He curses his inability to understand the struggles of the "real world", as well as his powerlessness to overcome these tragedies. Nonetheless, he's enough an optimist to keep moving forward, forging new bonds all the while. And after what happened between him and Louis, he might just feel more inclined to take life a little more seriously, hopefully allowing him to protect these bonds this time around.

Ascension 3

"Oho, what do you think of something more formal, in the classic sense of the word? Something like... this? This is a costume tailored not for a dancer, but a conductor. In essence, it sacrifices mobility for aesthetics, and don't I just look positively majestic in this suit? Anyways, I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but... I think that's enough partying for now. Yup, you heard me. Even I feel bad seeing you pour so much of your resources to fund my escapades with no repayment, you know? So there you have it. It's been a long while, but it's about time I pick up my staff again. Who knows, I might even try a little to express my thanks."

Source

Relationships

Bai Qi (BnEl15), Bobby Fischer (Lily) (Sutaa):
    "Our outputs may be different, but I can understand that desire to come out on top. That said, uh... man, and here I thought I was ambitious. Chaldea really is a fun place, huh?"

Oscar Wilde (BnEl15):
    "Huzzah, finally, someone who shares my fashion sense! And that ability of yours... unveiling what's really inside a person's heart, huh? A question, if I may; were you ever... afraid of what you might find there?"

Alcibiades (BnEl15):
    "'Pankration'? Well, you have the subtlety of a brick flying through the window. Your euphemisms aren't as witty or charming as you think they are, you know? Still, if you're asking me out, I'd rather we meet under my terms. That is to say, I'll see you on the dance floor."

Victoria, Princess Royal (WhiteFrenzy):
    "*Hic* apologies for the tears, it's just that... your story really tugged at my heartstrings! And I perfectly understand what you're talking about! Wishes are only granted in fairy tales, but that's okay! So long as we have the courage to keep dreaming, no matter how many times we've been hurt, I believe it's not impossible to transform our mundane lives into something as beautiful as one! Waah, it's been such a long time since I came up with such an impassioned speech! C-Can I have some tissues, please?"

Ludwig van Beethoven (Berserker) (BnEl15):
    "Hearing loss, estranged familial relationships, following your parent's worst aspects... Man, that's tough. So that's what happened to the legendary composer born after my time. I'm... hardly the best person to talk to when it comes to those issues. Heck, I totally suck at dealing with this kind of thing. Maybe if I hadn't been so clueless back then..."

Daniel Steibelt (Morg van Destro):
    "Oh yes, I am definitely, undoubtedly, one of those you would call 'Gottlieb'! I'm not afraid to admit that. Doesn't that just piss you off
    ~? Good~! Then use that rage as a motive to prove me wrong. I swear, L'orage actually had potential, and you might actually be able to come up with something great if you don't spend so much time choking on your own hatred. This goes for those shadows inside you as well, if you're listening. Now, care to give me a private showing? Oh, and..."

*Skill activated: Musical Monopoly (A+)*

"No killing, if you can help it. I'd hate to see this encounter devolve into another unproductive altercation. I have other places to be after this, you see."

Anna Pavlova (BnEl15):
    "Refusing a lifesaving medical treatment just so you won't lose the one thing that defined your life for so long... I'm familiar with the feeling. That said, aren't you a little too caught up in your own established image? The Dying Swan is all well and good, but you're more than that! And what sense is there in dancing if you're not enjoying yourself!? Please, drop the 'angsty, fragile little beauty' image and think of what sort of dance you would like to perform every once in a while. Once you've truly set your heart free, I believe you'll be able to reach even greater heights."

Pierina Legnani (Sutaa):
    "So this is what happened to ballet after my time... well, I'm more of a composer than an actual career ballerina, but still. The style is a bit different here and there, but I can still picture how it would fit my usual arrangements. Anyways, I suppose you're not the type to share your stage easily? We're similar in that regard. That said, um... do you take requests at the moment? I'm curious to see how you would perform accompanied by this piece here..."

Louis XIV (Lily) (Nittygritty):
    "W-Wait, this isn't a dream, right!? I... outshone him during our later years, as the scandals and tragedies suffocated him. But at this point... it was the point where he shone the brightest, to the point it's not even a competition between the two of us. I'd ask him for another dance, but... gah, I just can't! I'm not ready for any of thiiiis!"

Louis XIV:
    *Should the adult Louis XIV be summoned, the two are still not in speaking terms. Lancer continues to write potential apologies and heartfelt confessions (not the romantic kind) in secret, but he keeps scrapping them, believing none of them to be "good enough". Louis' feelings on the matter are unclear.*

Final Ascension

"With every passing second, this party inches closer to its end... I was never good with partings, you see. The very thought of it scares me. Imagine years of camaraderie, undone by a single fleeting moment in time. Heck, you could do everything right, and life would still find a way to separate you sooner or later. Still... I think I'll be all right this time. It's true that the sun must set sooner or later, but with the same logic, it'll rise again eventually, right? I won't ever be able to apologize to Louis if I keep clinging to my weak, cowardly self. So I'll confront my troubles head-on, as your Servant! This way, when the time comes for me to go back... hopefully I'll finally be able to say everything I need to say to him."

Source

Bond CE

He Who Loved the Sun
    ~ ♬ ~

Aah, after so long, I finally understood!
    You didn't need a bigger party, a grander composition, or a livelier dance!
    You didn't need any more lavish celebrations or extravagant performances to distract you from the sorrows of this world!
    What you really needed was... a friend to tell you that things will be all right.
    That was it.

Louis XIV, the Sun King, continues to move forward amidst all the tragedies that befell him.
    I can't help but feel like I've been left behind, somehow...

I'm sorry.
    I'm sorry for the silence, and the reassurance I was never able to give you.
    So please, tell me and I'll listen, whatever your answer may be...

"What will it take for you to forgive me?"

Source
    Creator's Notes
    AAH, I MADE IT! Phew, that was real close. Can't believe this contest actually stumped me harder than the syncretization contest.

- You could say Lully is my fanservant equivalent of Roland or Calamity Jane. In a sense that I've been talking about him since... probably two years ago or so. I had him partially conceptualized a long time ago, asked for ideas, and dropped hints a few times, but it was only now that I could finally finish him. I struggled to give him an interesting character arc, but he faced no significant hardship in his life and basically kept winning with no repercussions whatsoever. Then I big-brained myself into thinking "Couldn't the lack of a character arc be developed into a character arc of its own?". This is the end result.

- Oh boy, any interaction between Lully and Steibelt definitely won't end well. A less-than-famous musician who hates all those more talented than him (them?), and a guy who happily lords his superiority over lesser-known artists. Lully could probably take him with Musical Monopoly... or not. There's always a chance that Steibelt activates Enemy of the Gottlieb or L'orage first, depriving Lully of his main weapon and mauling him instead... except, would it actually work? Rhytme Universel is more dance-based rather than music-based, and Te Deum - Requiem isn't even art-based at all. So would the spirits be able to silence him? On the other hand, Steibelt's NPs are both A-ranked, so MM would only be able to weaken them rather than outright seal them. Steibelt is also way more aggressive in direct combat compared to Lully, so... eh, I'm probably overthinking this. Spending too much time in the Holy Schlock Wars just rewires your brain that way.

- There are many different theories on what could have happened between Lully and Louis to cause that falling-out. These include Louis no longer willing to tolerate Lully's hedonistic lifestyle, Louis not supporting the gays, and Lully's constant partying becoming too much of a burden on the royal coffers, among other explanations. As for me? Naturally, I wrote a story that ensures the maximum amount of angst possible between the two. It's not explicitly stated in the sheet, but this is what happened; the king struggled with his wife's death, the scandals surrounding his second marriage, and a whole bunch of other royal obligations. He confided in Lully, but Lully, not knowing how to deal with feelings (and real-world issues), basically went "I'm going to hold this grand party/opera/ballet/whatever to cheer you up!". He had good intentions, but it's just not what the king needed at the moment. And that exchange became the straw that broke the camel's back (he was already miffed by Lully's freewheeling lifestyle, and those parties costed a fortune to organize, not to mention they mean even more workload for the already-swamped-with-responsibilities king). Such was the tragedy between them.

- Well... he didn't turn out to be as much of a fujo bait as I initially expected. He might have a bit of unrequited feelings towards Louis, but he's content with (platonically) supporting his friend's happiness from afar now. At least you get the minor treat of this chaotic, somewhat asshole-ish master composer turn into a dork whenever the topic of Louis comes up in conversation.

- Man, I hope I didn't just pressure myself into writing a Louis XIV sheet now...
    Last edited by BnEl15; February 20th, 2023 at 09:36 PM.

Blog Entries
    oh shit, dead line is tomorrow. time to speedrun the last things
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Blog Entries
    I love that Lully thinks he can reason with Steibelt. The only Skill he really deactivates is Rapid Composition, though All Kinds of Specialties might arguably be locked as well. Even weakened, Steibelt don't give a flying buttress. The fact that their both somewhat specialized in killing musicians would just make him determined to show he's better at it by killing him. There is no peace to be had here. It'd be an interesting fight though.
    Fate/Without Justice

Blog Entries
    Lully is... considerably weaker than how he presents himself. He still towers over most standard musicians, but in Chaldea, where we have the likes of Beethoven, Mozart, Handel, Tchaikovsky, and other legendary musicians? His bite isn't as big as his bark in this case, which is why I gave him a 3* rarity. He's way too prideful to ever admit that, though.

Blog Entries

Top Notes
    If you can, see the sheet music video in a little window besides the sheet, so you can see what kinda dance the NP entails.

"I would reconsider the decision you are about to take.
    Let me tell you, it is not too late.
    There are other paths ahead of you.
    Continue on your path and you reach a literal dead end.
    But you could also choose a different one. Toward the light for example, or perhaps toward the shadows.
    The Void shouldn't be your destination, young one.
    But it is your decision. That's the magic of the crossroads."

< ─ ⪻ ─ ⋘ ─ ⪡ - ⫷ ─ ┤├ ─ ⫸ ─ ⪢ ─ ⋙ ─ ⪼ ─ >< ─ ⪻ ─ ⋘ ─ ⪡ ─ ⫷ ─ ┤├ ─ ⫸ ─ ⪢ ─ ⋙ ─ ⪼ ─ >

"But I would choose the one with music playing.
    Oh, you do too? Hahaaa, you just made another friend, pal!
    I'll be your guide! Come now, let's get moving!"

~ ♬ ~

_G_A_T_E_K_E_E_P_E_R_
    The Crossroad Dancer

= Eshu =

Alias Eshu, Ajapa, Èṣù-Ẹlẹ́gbára, Rhythmic Chaos, The First Dancer, Groovy Phoneman, Orishan Doorbell,
    Shadow in the Neon Light
    Alternative Classes Voyager, Binder, Watcher, Lancer
    Origin Yoruban and West African Mythology
    Height/Weight 168cm/59kg
    Alignment Chaotic Neutral
    Attribute Sky
    Likes anything "childish", seeing people overcome chaos, rum & cigars, parties with neon lights
    Dislikes blind followers, stagnation, sadness, too many people on the dancefloor (he needs the space), insults to Orisha
    Talent causing chaos, communicating
    Natural Enemy Oya, Bhargava Markandeya, bouncers to clubs, Fakers and Pretenders
    Armament Garabato-Cane, "his sick dance moves", "his disarming charme"
    Catalyst an old wooden mask found in Ivory Coast

STR
    A+

END
    B

AGI
    A+

MAN
    B+

LCK
    EX

The positive modifier in Strength and Agility denote the potential of his legs alone. The Modifier in Mana is the potential if he can claim a leyline and the amount of mages around him.
    Don't get me started on anything related to Luck.

══════════╣ I ╠══════════
    Shuffle

Who would have guessed that this up-beat young man is one of the highest-standing Orisha of the West African Pantheon?
    Eshu is known under several names. Èṣù-Ẹlẹ́gbára, Eleggua, or even Ajapa, but he is best known as simply the Trickster.
    He is the embodiment of randomness, chance, chaos and unpredictability. An Orisha who presides over areas and situations, where nothing can be guaranteed and chance plays a significant role. He lingers at the thresholds of cities, residential areas, and homes to lead the unexpected into human lives, while also protecting them from evil spirits through his effigies. Eshuis a lively individual that gets along with anyone he meets, but his Chaotic Neutral Alignment is not just for show. He can have a great time with Saints and vicious mass murderers alike, simply because he does not judge anyone for their past. He only sees the essence of unformed and undirected potentiality in each human that crosses his path. The more crossroads the person may encounter in the future, the more intrigued he becomes in someone, no matter how enlightened or bloodstained they are.

“No crossroads mean I am speaking to someone boring. Decisions are being made for them, be it from the living or from the dead. Or they simply do not notice they have to make some. They’re lame.”

As a patron of paths and crossroads of the land and life, he only cares for the decisions being made, rather than the decisions that were made. The future holds many roads to take for someone, but the past is a path that can not be trodden again. The exception is when their path winds back and repeats itself, blindly following and going nowhere. This is the reason why he offered his service against the Lostbelts, because no decisions are made or even can be made. A state of absolute order is against his existence.
    That is not to say he is against hardships, the opposite is true, even. Gatekeeper confesses it is his nature to create dispute, and sowing discord is his greatest delight. Strife is an obstacle that blocks a path, so a new one has to be found. He enjoys watching humanity tackle their trials and bring order into the chaos he unleashes. His trials may annoy, but they provide valuable lessons in order for humanity to become better.

“Sometimes, humans have to fight it out before they decide on which path to take. Dispute and arguments are not a bad thing. But they think it is, so they are scared and avoid it. I show them until they learn it themselves.”

Insofar, Gatekeeper wishes for humanity to prosper and is a good mechanism to avoid steering history into a path of pruning. But his personality is still that of a god, and he has no problem with cursing you with a fate of living purgatory if you disrespect him or his Orisha-kin in the slightest.

Trial Defense E(X)
    Gatekeeper watches, but it is antithetical to trials "going as planned", be it the final boss fight or hoping for a nice evening at the club. And because he sometimes does not care about the trials and nothing is planned to begin with…this skill is a mess. Everything that may go wrong could happen and be blamed on his doing or on his ignorance.
    But the unpredictable Trickster will still prevent other fate-altering powers to alter what he altered... I think.

"First trial? Of course...hmmm. Got it. You shall guide me to the best club in town! We are in need of inspiration! Be inspired by the dance moves of your rivals, the curves of expensive women and the taste of cheap rum.

Gatekeeper EX
    A class skill representing the state of a Gatekeeper as one that leads their Master through a series of trials so that they might become something more.
    Obnoxious to deal with, he brings plans into disarray just by being around. All he cares about is observing humanity make decisions, and his special interest is seeing which path the Master chooses to walk on. His whimsical nature and way of explaining can make a simple decision from everyday life into a huge conundrum for the Master. With him, things can go smoothly, or he burdens you with many obstacles.
    On top of it, if you displease him, he might seal away your connection to the gods and fate itself, forever. This robs you of the ability to make decisions. This makes you stagnant in life, unable to progress in anything. Without decisions, judgement has no basis. If punished, a Servant would switch Alignment to True Neutral.

"I am a keeper, after all. I'll make you one too."

Formless Potential EX
    A Skill denoting one whose potentials remained unfulfilled before the world. The user's Skill names are heavily obscured, and their skill ranks and even parameter will appear to fluctuate randomly, making them appear much stronger or weaker than they truly are.
    The user can choose to divulge information on his true potential with his Master at will.
    Gatekeeper is the embodiment of randomness, chance, chaos and unpredictability. He sees the essence of unformed and undirected potentiality in each human that crosses his path. At this rank, he spreads the effect to everyone around him. Those who can peer into the potential futures of individuals, are unable to comprehend someone's fate, as they are overwhelmed with innumerable possibilities, of which not can be locked on. Only Deities of Fate are able to decipher it.

"Spreading the cheer with the whole dance floor. Ey you, my friend here asked if you tried to summon a ghost with those moves or attempted to dance. Have fun."

══════════╣ II ╠══════════
    Expression

Eshu is an incarnation of chaos, but he held an important position within the pantheon, arguably even higher than that of the King of Orisha.
    Once, worship waned and the Orisha starved. So Eshu set out and gathered immense wisdom from across the world. He shared it with the gods and humanity. Humanity understood the dangers of the world and realized the powers of the Orisha. They continued their worship and presented offerings for protection. Since then, the Orishas never went hungry again. Another time, Eshu helped to alleviate the pains of Supreme Orisha Olorun, and to show his gratitude, made him the Divine Messenger, and he had to be honored first before any other Orisha.
    With those privileges came the authority of communication between humanity and the divine. Mortals send their offerings and prayers to Eshu , who carries them to the Orisha and returns with their answer. Because he was the first recipient, he was also aware of the proper etiquette and their show of respect. He is the chief enforcer of ceremonial customs. If someone showed a lack of respect to the gods, it would be Eshu who would punish them. As an emissary of the gods and Orisha that values the decisions of humanity, he was sent to negotiate with the malevolent Ajogun, evil spirits of the lands that bring senseless misfortune with barely any means to protect against. He keeps the balance of nature intact and keeps chaos to ‘manageable levels’.
    It was here that his special talents were discovered. Eshu is a master of all spoken and forgotten tongues, a great communicator, conversationalist and storyteller. He knows how to convey to, and receive information from anyone, be they deaf, blind, mute, an animal, spirit or everything at once, and that in the easiest or hardest form possible. He could explain a pre-schooler how to hack the pentagon, make a math professor question the logic of addition, …

"… decipher Koga's language, explain a sheet from Random, summarize a work of BnEl in a paragraph, out-NINE the NINE, out-joke the NittyGritty, talk more concise than Kamera and even win a twitter argument on reddit in a way that makes Vididii sound like a gentleman, all within an ad-break."

He is not only a professional instigator of strife, but also a perfect mediator and negotiator. If he wanted, he could be a dangerous salesman too, but another Orisha occupies this position already. Speaking in complicated riddles is also a favorite pastime of his, a skill he shall not show right now, due to the lack of brain power of the Master. The Master is also the reason why he will refrain from another pastime of his - rapping. Because rapping is unpleasant to the ears most of the time. Perhaps another time.

“Sheet Creator. He meant Sheet Creator. Namely, Rey.”

Divine Core of the Messenger A
    Gatekeeper's primary role is that of the Divine Messenger. He is the deified concept of communication and connection on a broader scale. Ellegua serves Olorun in particular, the Orisha King of the sky, peace and justice, and is a mediator between the divine Orishas and the malevolent Ajogun Spirits, signifying that Olorun’s domains can only be obtained for humanity through the power of communication. He protects the channels through which communication can take place and became Patron of Travelers, Lord of Crossroads and, of course, Patron of Dances.
    His most important task is the opening and closing of the paths to the Orishas. Without him, none can communicate with the Next World and no offerings can reach the honored spirits. An Authority that can cut off, establish or even infiltrate communication through direct, technical or spiritual means. Of course, his way with words can be used for good and…not-so-good purposes.

"Lady Oya?"
    "Sigh…Yes, Eshu? I told you, this is a private line."
    "Wanna buy some sand again?"
    "Worst business decision in my life."
    "Pahahaha, it was in the desert even!"

Trickster's Share B
    Gatekeeper's unique authority as an Orisha at full display. After saving the Supreme Orisha, he gained the honor of guarding the paths of the next world that lead to the other Orisha. Meaning, for worshipers to interact with the Gods (mages to interfere with nature), they first had to honor him. Every ritual or ceremony for another Orisha always began with gaining the approval of Eshu through offerings and dance, else the offerings, and therefore the ceremony, would fail.
    Gatekeeper increases the amount of Mana needed to cast spells and siphons the extra cost as
    tribute
    ẹbọ
    . If he performs a ritualistic dance on top of a leyline, he claims ownership of it. The effect is then spread to everyone who wants to use this leyline.
    This authority admittedly spoiled him, making him an attention seeker, who gets upset if he is not properly honored. Add his talent as an entertainer, and his reputation as a Trickster that is blamed for everything going wrong, a Scapegoat-like effect on himself is added, that prevents effects that would keep him hidden in any form.

"Friend, not just the leyline. The dance floor is all mine. All eyes on me, party peopleeee!!!"

Ifá Ikin
    Palm Nut Divination

The use of 16 palm nuts for divination is a significant practice in African and Santeria religions. The nuts are cast onto a board bearing Eshu's image, and their positions determine which of the 256 possible stories will be told. These stories are based on the wisdom Eshu acquired during his travels, which he shared with the Orishas and humanity. These palm nuts are considered divine artifacts of great mythological significance, but to Gatekeeper they are merely doodads in his drawer.
    The Master keeps the palm nuts in a small sack and, when the need arises, throws them on the ground. They recall a certain story that helps them over the situation they face. Gatekeeper will not prevent the Master from using this Noble Phantasm, but he will pout afterward. He feels like this can be the easy way out.

*can not stop laughing at the sight of the Master trying to catch a nut that rolls between the dancing people on the floor*

══════════╣ III ╠══════════
    Flow

Dance and communication are inextricably linked in Yoruba mythology. In this culture, dance is not merely a form of entertainment or artistic expression, but a sacred practice that connects human beings with the divine. It is a way to communicate with ancestors and the gods, to seek guidance, and to express gratitude and devotion. Through dance, Yoruba people are able to convey their deepest emotions and intentions, retell stories of old, and pass down their cultural heritage to future generations. It is not just a physical act, but a spiritual one as well, which connects us to the energy of the World. It is a way of life for them.

It's no wonder, then, that the orisha associated with communication and chaos is also revered as a patron of dance. During ceremonies, the first offering and the first dance are always for Eshu. In a way, Eshu is the very first dancer and the origin of dance itself.
    He is the chaotic energy one feels while dancing in abandon. It is Eshu that entices someone to enter the dance floor and keep on dancing through life, even teaching new moves when it gets stale. He sets the tone for all other dances to follow. The Crossroad Dancer is an inspiration, the heartbeat of the ceremony, and the pulse that drives the rhythm of life. Who wants boring music while dancing anyway?

Eshu embodies this energy, and he uses it to his advantage. His chaotic and mischievous nature makes him the perfect dance partner, always keeping his followers on their toes and inspiring them to move with abandon.

Two Face A
    Gatekeeper is commonly depicted as a male with "two faces", whereby the second face is on the back of his head. Interpretations vary, some think he looks into the present and future, or into the realm of the spirits and mortals, or simply both sides of a path. Others advocate it is his other aspect "Eshu", who is wilder than him, perhaps it is simply to remind worshipers that there are always two sides to an argument like in his most famous anecdote. While not denying any of them, he says his second face is simply the mask of the dancer. Dancers wear masks to become a certain orisha and invoke them and their wisdom and power. During dance performances of the Master, Gatekeeper establishes communication with the Orisha corresponding to the mask. Gatekeeper only teaches the dances, what dances they want to learn and which one they shall use in combat is their decision.
    Gatekeeper has to provide the Master with the masks if they do not possess them. Because he is kinda lazy, he mostly draws them on simple paper like a pre-schooler. So, much to the dismay of the Master, most conversations with invoked spirits begin with complaints of what kind of ugly depictions those are. This, of course, may lower the blessings they receive. Acquiring proper masks is advised.

"You can't be serious, Eshu."
    "I think I depicted you pretty well, Lady Oya."
    "That looks horrible too, but I meant that you bought a whole round for the whole club on my name."
    "On your company's name. See it as a marketing campaign."

Crossroad Deal D+
    A personal variant of the optional Trial Retake Skill of Gatekeeper and Watcher Servants. As the orisha presiding over decisions and second chances, he shall allow trials to be attempted again.
    But for that, a respectable offering is needed - which is not that hard. Anything a child would enjoy, or a dog would eat, suffices to make him content. The positive modifier just denotes that one can exploit this skill and ask him to perform some odd jobs. As an added bonus, if the offering keeps him distracted, like a game, his gaze is diverted from the Master, the effect of Trial Defense might… let us not go there. It "normalizes" circumstances, let's leave it at that. A virtual increase of the Master's Luck for the time being.

"Cheetos and Among Us VR? Aww, you little devil know what I like."

Zaouli
    Dance of Chaos

Gatekeeper has taken an interest in the Zaouli dance, a ritualistic dance originating from the Ivory Coast in West Africa. It is widely recognized as the "most difficult dance in the world," and is one of the most chaotic ones to exist. The dancer must engage in a physically and mentally taxing psychological battle with the audience while keeping the upper body still and the legs moving erratically. They are not allowed to repeat moves in a certain pattern, or at the very least prevent the audience from noticing.
    Zaouli is not associated with Gatekeeper, but, of course, a dance of such recognition "vibes" pretty well with him.

"Let's get this show started, shall we, friend?"

Gatekeeper takes center stage on a crossroad and dons a traditional mask for dancers (and if the mask is not on hand, one he has drawn himself). Each step on the ground disturbs the Mana of the land until it begins behaving erratically. Imbued with his color, it brings chaos to everything considered 'communication'. Psychic, spiritual and digital communication channels run rampant and switch randomly. The telepathic link between Masters and Servants open and close chaotically, rendering coordination from afar difficult. Secrecy is compromised as well, as others could eavesdrop by chance. Furthermore, channels to the Orisha are opened too, forcing the unprepared to hear the wrath of disturbed gods or listen to their advices. If multiple Servants attack Gatekeeper, the surrounding atmosphere creates situations in which discord among them will ensue. Without proper communication, they might be distracted enough for Gatekeeper to strike.
    While he is just 'dancing', Servants up against him realize that he is the most dangerous right now. Every movement of his leg is basically an incantation for a spell and the patterns his feet leave in the dust magic circles, and the quick and skilled movements are impossible to predict. His steps and taps are fast, heavy and possibly imbued with magic, depending on during which part of the dance he attacked. His excellent footwork makes evading a trivial matter for him too. Only those with strong observation skills like Eye of Mind rank A or above can make sense out of his moves and when they can detect and call out a repetition of his moves, the Mana disturbance is stopped.
    Gatekeeper will teach this dance and other dances to the Master, training them to become a Lancer, with his legs as weapons. While their variant will lack the erratic atmosphere, the physical aspect can be achieved. The study of Yoruba magecraft and the connections the Master had with the Orisha themselves, make them a perfect dancer that can invoke their powers easily compared with mages that studied it for decades. They'll be able to gain a variant of High-Speed Divine Steps, which invokes a martial arts-focused application of magic, and become a vessel that can be filled temporarily with various blessings of the orisha, as long he dances for them. Gaining their favor is easier too, because they are already acquainted through Eshu's shenanigans. They also can circumvent the necessary tribute to Eshu, making Mana consumption lesser and engage combat quicker than other practitioners of their craft.

══════════╣ Personality ╠══════════
    Personality

"Tell you more about my other classes? I have no other main classes if I am pedantic, friend. Summon another version of "Eshu" and you get another bunrei. I am one, too, bud. The main body is Èṣù-Ẹlẹ́gbára, or Eleggua if that is easier for your tongue. Do not mess with him. He is on a whole different level. Consider me an earthly phone terminal while is the whole call center. He is the only Orisha that can be called equal to Olorun. If not for him, he could manifest as a Lancer, because he created the directions itself and can wield them to his twisted heart's content. This would distort space itself if he would ever unleash his power, so he downgraded himself to Binder, the inferior version. If you were unlucky enough to summon him, he would wield the Golden Chains of Heaven as his weapons. They were forged from the
    essence
    gold
    of all Orishas with the purpose of creating a link between heaven and earth. Without this chain, landmass would not have been created. These chains are the literal connection humans have with nature and the gods. It is the reason why I can connect with all Orishas and can claim leylines, if you ever wondered about that. It would still grant him great authority over nature. It is also why I was supposed to be a Watcher at first. But as one of his different terminals, I am simply too involved with humanity to be a simple observer. And it would be boring.
    There are too many other terminals that I could even bother to recall them all, by the way. But I think I like my brother overseas the most. Papa Legba really made it there. Sadly, we are so far removed now, we are not connected anymore.
    Oh and the Voyager? Oh well, that's a story! That is my own bunrei! When I learned how to make one, I thought it would be funny to make something no one else did before. Voyager is Ajapa, the Trickster Turtoise! Isn't that great? A divine turtoise as a mischievous prankster! Hahaha, oh man. Even Oya laughed. Yeah, he is kinda useless, but pretty smart though. You would go on an adventure with him, gathering new knowledge and save it inside palm tree nuts. Would take ages, a waste of time. But who knows, perhaps they find something new in today's age?"

Oya:
    "Opposite to our Lady Oya in her literal Ivy Tower, I enjoy the simple offerings. Food over money, cheap rum over expansive wine. Its the thought that counts, right? But if she wants it, she gets it. My fellow orishas have different rules and I respect their work and wishes. So you better do too. I am allowed to make fun of Lady Oya because we are friends..."
    "No, we are not. You are not allowed to make fun of me either."
    "...but don't let me catch you insult her or any other of my kin, got that?"

"Hmm, you might say we are kinda similar. We are both against stagnation, but she chooses narrower paths and punishes those who deviate. As long as they respect the gods when they communicate with them, I'm fine with what they do."

Children and Child Servants:
    "Man, I love kids. They are so pure and fun. You all can't imagine what they talk about when they can't even properly speak! They are hilarious and the nicest beings on the planet. And when I see them, I see a chaotic array of bright neon colors. So many paths they could take, it is a beautiful landscape. Of course, I would protect those little buggers whenever I can. I would dance on every party when a tribe celebrates a new baby. Seeing Servants in form of children is conflicting for me, though. They are still kids, but the rhythm of possibilities is pretty dull. Comes with becoming a Servant, I guess."

Guys who are too scared to talk to the pretty girl at the bar
    "Hey, have you met Rey?" *leaves*

Servants, who demand a dance battle, Dancer Class Servants:
    "Bring it on! As if I would lose to...what kind of dumb class is that?"

Bhargava Markandeya:
    "The most boring guy EVER. I'm all for respecting the gods, but damn, that dude has just one path ahead of him and it is plastered with with fan posters of that Shiva dude.""

═════════╣ Craft Essence ╠═════════
    Craft Essence

Life
    Dance
    Lesson

"You know what's really got my goat? Depression.
    It is a sickness that robs people of their ability to choose. Even simple decisions overwhelm them. They feel alone and everything else is pointless and heavy. You can’t dance when you are feeling like that. Hell, some can not even stand up from it. The rhythm of life is muted for them. They just stand in the corner, drink in hand, sometimes even literally, and do not enter the dance floor of life. When I see those people, all the paths they could take are dim, except the ones that lead nowhere. It breaks my heart to see them walk toward a void, you know?
    Misfortune can not be avoided. It is a part of life. So I try my best to teach humans that they are not alone. I am their dance partner! Keep on dancing, even if you feel like your moves are shit.
    Because I don’t care how bad your moves are. I can show you new paths, new way ways of moving, and new rhythms to dance to. I’ve got plenty of new moves to share, enough for everyone. Just keep on dancing, never stop, even if it is just a little shuffle. Just practice…life, okay?.
    This is why I love seeing people leave their homes.
    It seems trivial, I know. But man, I have seen people finally do that and change course away from the void. Just like you did today. It was a pretty lit move, Master.
    Anyway, if you need a dance partner, you know who to call, right?"

═════════╣ Notes ╠═════════Notes:

I hope the first quote in the personality section inspires others to put more thoughts into possible classes a Servant could manifest in. Seeing someone in 10 different possible classes makes me cringe. Also allows me to circumvent making other sheets for them.
    Yoruban mythology is mighty interesting. Their combination of domains is hella creative and allows me to fuck around hard with certain concepts. If youve read my Oya (who I still gotta reformat), youve seen Ive had to add a Class change just to cover all the stuff I found on her.

Did I hide a HIMYM reference in the sheet? Yes. What did it cost me? Nitty telling me I ain't got no rizz.

To find a fitting FC was a pain. Good thing Ekko from LoL had this "True Damage" skin. With Oya being Mel from Arcane, I can keep it in the family.
    The choice of FC also influenced the sheet a bit, with the neon colors and techno club vibe in the quotes being a late addition because it felt fun to me to imagine a Gatekeeper being active and causing trouble in a damn club.

Quotes with others scarce as i i couldnt read all yet. After reading that Indian someone from Simple, I of course had to add them to Natural enemies and drop a line.
    Last edited by DelRey; February 20th, 2023 at 05:36 PM.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.