Page 323 of 367 FirstFirst ... 223273313318321322323324325328333 ... LastLast
Results 6,441 to 6,460 of 7337

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Blog Entries
    Congrats Draco!
    My compendium is here: https://blogs.nrvnqsr.com/blog.php/14424

My fanfiction Fate/Roundabout is here: https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...ate-Roundabout

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'M SO PROUD OF YOU, DRACO. You deserved this win, Macaria is so, so good. She's perfect.
    Sutaa's Prince Charming was both a dream and a nightmare, so it's just fair that he's also in the podium. What an amazing Servant.
    And "Alice" too? Random, you popped off with her! This idea has so much potential, I'm eager to see more of Anti-Servants in the future... ngl.

But I'm also eager to see our next theme. I know it'll be a bang.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —
    —————

I can't believe it's not Rider! DesReploid's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, first of all a formal congratulations to Draco. The second time that she wins a contest and deservedly so. Her character writing is among the best in the contest I think and she more than deserves to get that W. I'm very curious to see what the next prompt will be, after the prompt before this one it could very well be anything.

Speaking of prompts, this one was a strange, but great one that brought out some truly stellar writing out of a lot of the competitors here and it was of course all enhanced by Scribes commentary of the events unfolding which was honestly a great additiion to the contest. I hope that the creative juices return soon enough and you can find it in you to continue writing them without crumbling to dust entirely because I am very curious to see the end of it all, pun definitely intended.

Now, as I had promised, here is my humble opinions on all the entries. If my praise seems lack lustre compared to the criticism I dish out then my only defence is that I am German and the biggest compliment I am legally allowed to give is saying: "Can't complain", but I tried my best. Next contest I'll make sure to start early enough to actually be done in time for the deadline.

Spoiler:

Cassandra
    Cassandra is a wonderful ow-the-edge type Servant. What I like most about her I think, is that her hatred of Apollo and the future makes sense and is, to some degree understandable. In the same vein, her making partners with the big snek makes just as much sense. I'm ultimately a sucker for "Character loves X thing so much, they'd rather destroy X thing than see it come to harm" kinds of characters, so I really liked this one.

Also, it reminded me of this song for sun-fighting related reasons.

Sophia
    I really like the concept of making her an administrator to the Counter Force, writers cleverly implementing already existing Fate lore into their sheets will always be something I find cool and this one certainly does it well. From her description I also kind of get the image that she's just as much bubbly and human as she is cold and more like a computer or a system, which is something that seems really, really cool to me.

Malcolm Muggeridge
    I have a soft spot for cynical bastards with hope tucked away somewhere deep in their philosophical doomsaying. This one is no different, it's a wonderful character that has been given a very good sheet to go along with it, the Noble Phantasm definitely being the high point of the sheet, the imagery it invites to imagine is just wonderful in a very morbid way. Lastly, and I don't know if it was necessarily intentional but Bifrons spreading through Muggeridge like a kind of rot - the very thing he's fighting so vehemently against is perfect poetic irony to me. Wonderfully done.

Parikshit
    I've only had this himbo for a day and a half but if something happened to him I'd kill everyone in this thread and then myself. I really like this guy for the hopeful message he so wholeheartedly protrays even if its so straight forward it smashes head first into the next wall. Very well done.

The Keres
    I really like the way Draco structures her sheets and presents her Servants and these ones are a fun version of the archetypal crazy killer who gets thrills out of it and nothing else, with the slight twist that there's a whole bunch of them. The one thing I'll say "bothered" me, is that as far as I know the Keres themselves couldn't actually kill anything, instead being portents of a violent death and feasting on the corpse after. I really wish that part of them was incorporated into the sheet more, I think it would have made for an even more intruiging spin on the character.

Laevateinn
    Look! A baby! Just a little guy! A miniscule lad! A teenie fella! A... oh, now people are burning.
    I too cannot resist this wonderful swordperson. The most well-done thing in this sheet is, I think, by far the personality of the character. Making a character who is basically a child but also a world-endingly powerful weapon and very aware of it feels like a kind of odd choice, but one that certainly works and that was fleshed out very well through the quotes in the sheet.

L. Ron Hubbard
    This guy is commenting on his own sheet as its being written... I don't hate it, the opposite in fact. Which I find somewhat surprising. I really like the sheet, it portrays the sleazy, non-sensical stupidity of Scientology rather well I think - Although I'd be remiss not to mention that I'm disappointed that no joke was found in the sheet about him starting the religion over a bet made in a bar. The one piece of advice I'd give is to echo WF point about "I Win" buttons as NPs. They do sadly become a bit samey from time to time - This one could have been much more explicitly implied to not actually exist at all and in reality just be a fabrication by his Affirmation and that alone would have elevated the sheet a lot.

Michael
    This is, by all means a fine sheet. But, in perfect honesty, I feel like it's a bit of a nothing-burger. I'm not an expert in modern religion, especially not Christianity, Judaism and Islam but as far as I know Michael is present in all of those three with different characterisations in each one. Even the idea of emotionless judge seems kind of unexplored. Maybe Michael is actually out of a job and doesn't know what to do because the J-Man took all sins of humankind? Maybe Michael is the kind of judge that judges people on things they haven't done yet but will do later? That's always a fun moral quandry. I just feel like more could have been done here.

Macaria
    I said it with The Keres, but again, I am very in love with the way Draco constructs her sheets and presents her Servants and this one is not an exception. I always held the belief that Macaria, the daughter of Heracles and Macaria the daughter of Hades were probably two separate figures that were later conflated. The reconcilliation between the two characters given in the sheet is very satisfactory though, and creates a much better overarching story than if the daughter of Heracles was just dropped, so well done on that. Overall, I'm honestly impressed how much mileage you got out of two mythological characters that are kind of unimportant. A really, really well done job.

Wow. I went that entire thing without making a comment about the nostalgia pop that happened when I saw Shanoa.

Garshāsp
    You know when I read about this character like a year ago the prospect of murdering a dragon because it interrupted a dinner seemed much more humerous.

I don't honestly know what to say about this sheet that hasn't already been said. I do agree with your assessment that it may even undersell Garshāsp's mythological power. The idea of presenting Garshāsp as a perpetually disappointed and somewhat emotionally stunted woman would never have occured to me, but it does work rather well. If I had to complain about something it's that I kind of wish there was a nine day time limit somewhere on her sheet - Maybe in the Gandarəβa skill - because that's how long she could fight that monster before needing to take a nap. Really stellar work.

Katsuie Matsukara
    So, to be quite honest, I really don't like this one. His skills and NPs are all so short I can take guesses at what they do at best and have no idea at worst, I can't tell if there is any reason why he's turned into a tokusatsu character or what his connection with the pheonix is, and I have no idea what his deal with Amakusa Shiro is. Everything remains unexplained and as a chronic over-explainer that feels really unsatisfying. And I really want to like this sheet, because the presentation of it is straight up fire - pun intended - and the concept of turning a historical figure into a tokusatsu character is really cool. I just desperately wish that there was more to this sheet.

Simon Magus/Demiurge
    I have yet to be able to replicate the sound of utter confusion I produced when I finished reading this sheet the first time.

Overall, though I hate to be so negative, my main impression was that it was a bit of a mess and hard to understand, especially if you don't know anything about gnosticism like I do. The identity twist feels a bit cheap, because I have no idea who Simon Magus is and how he relates to Demiurge and the sheet doesn't really answer that so it ends up feeling like one of those FGO Foreigners that got paired up with an Outer Entity seemingly at random. I want to say that I love the presentation and structure because it's great in theory, the images used add a lot but their sheer size makes the sheet almost impossible to parse at times and only added to my growing confusion. That said, there definitely are signs of greatness here. A diamond in the rough, if you will.

Eris
    I genuinely struggled a bit trying to write something here. I think I've settled on liking the sheet but to be quite honest I cannot quite put my finger on why. This sheet doesn't feel like a Servant, it feels like a rough description of a concept that attained consciousness but still lacks a particularly destinct sense of self. It doesn't feel like the other sheets that are concepts perfonified, it feels a little "less" than that, as in less personified and that works in the sheets favour... somehow. Honestly this sheet just gives me a nosebleed, though I don't hate it. It also kind of feels like an apathetic anime villain, I could definitely see the finall boss of a Singularity being strife itself and that just gets a few bonus points from me there.

Jarir Ibn Abdullah Al Bajali
    I think between Dyson Sphere and Tower of Babel it shouldn't come as a surprise that I have a soft spot for slightly less than whole people trying really hard to figure out how to human properly. Turning a person that was presumably important into essentially a mindless drone for the MoonCell is genuis. The character feels kind of hollowed out - like his importance and personality have been scooped out like a pumpkin, which is kind of what happens to a historically significant person when only their name remains, a hollow shell of something bigger. I'll assume that that is intended, even if it may just be me going too far off the deep end. Really good work on this one!

Unknown Soliders
    I've already said my piece on this one. It's a laser focused, for lack of a better term, character assassination and it's wonderful. Just like Baron Magnus' Mary Celeste a few contests back, I'm always happy when my delirious 2 am writing can spark inspiration for someone else.

Artabanus II
    This is a Rider whose NP is actually a mount. I fear this Servant.

Jokes aside, taking a horseman of the apocalypse - Which, despite their importance kind of offer nothing in terms of character - and tacking that together with a historical figure is really cool and very well executed here. The sheet is really well written and the skills feel very fitting. My only criticism would be with the Noble Phantasms, at least to me they seem a bit "meh" for being the NPs of a horseman of the apocalypse. The second NP is by far the most compelling while the others seem a bit generic (Although I suppose that may have been the point?). Especially her final NP feels a little bit like a let down. To paraphrase advice given to me by Del, if you're making a god or a godlike figure - Which I'd argue the horsemen are to some degree - then go for the throat, shoot high, make them feel like a proper apocalypse on legs.

Alice in Wonderland
    Bless Draco for the list of Servants because I did not see this sheet when it was posted.

So, general consensus seems to be that this is a really good sheet which must mean that I have missed a memo because, frankly, I don't get it. Maybe I'm a little too small brain, or maybe not being familiar with Alice in Wonderland beyond Disney's rendition as well as having no idea about the type-moon series google told me the Archelot clan comes from means I can't get this sheet on a fundamental level.

To be clear, I don't think this sheet is bad or anything Random is an exceedingly good writer and that alone carries this sheet to greatness and the formatting is, as always, absolute eye candy in those aspects Random is probably one of my favourite sheet writers on this site. Having said that, I find the character itself rather convoluted. Mixing Alice Liddell with the character based on her seems reasonable, the connection with the Clock Tower is cool. I still don't quite understand Anti-Servants, but most of all I don't understand why she is an Anti-Servant to begin with or what that means for the character. I also really have no idea where the Jack the Ripper connection came from or why its relevant, perhaps I missed something here. Those last few things kind of muddle what would otherwise be a very, very good sheet for me, like they're the final two cooks that spoil the meal.

Again, all of this may well be because my brain lacks enough wrinkles.

Louhi
    It's somewhat sad that the author of this sheet seems to already have left.

Truth be told my biggest issue with this sheet is the fact that the NP isn't actually in the section titled "NP", but that's because I'm aggressively German and therefore crave absolute order in all things.

I'd say this is a solid sheet for a first, I find it somewhat sad that the class skills are left without description. A small piece of advice you may find helpful: General rule of thumb for me is that if I can't write at least two sentences about a skill in my sheets that skill isn't fit for the character and should be scratched from it. It's kind of a way to force myself not to force abilities and concepts onto a character that don't fit on that character. The Noble Phantasm is actually quite really neat, the visual imagery conjured up by a witch taking the entire planet prisoner is the epitome of wonderful anime bollocks. For a first sheet it's done rather well I think.

Simon Bar Kokhba
    Ah! Ow, the edge. My favourite drug! There really isn't anything bad that I could say against this sheet, it's very solidly written and proficiently executed. The NPs are both really cool and creative, his second NP turning his name literal is just a little out of left field, but not as out of left field as Excalibur becoming a laser sword, and it has the laser sword beaten in sheer theatricality so to me it's a fitting enough, cool as all hell NP. My only complaint, really, is that I wish his personality shone through just a teensie bit more throughout the sheet because it's interesting but kept a bit to sparse in my opinion.

Barbara Newhall Follett
    mha hart, mah sole. I think this sheet was destined to be a tear jerker at conception and damn does it succeed at that. I have absolutely no criticism for this sheet. It's a perfect encapsulation of the very sad story of Barbara Newhall Follett, which isn't diluted at all by the anime-fication that goes alongside turning a person into a Servant, the skills are spot on and the NP - although I find it a little humerous that in the context of an actual HGW it's basically an "I lose" button - evokes some beautiful imagery. Spectacularly done, bravo.

Mistilteinn
    Quick Q: If Mistilteinn's Camouflage isn't actually Camouflage but him wearing someone else as a skin suit, does that mean after the reveal we left Höđr's corpse lying somewhere to rot? Poor Höđr man, that guy just cannot catch a break.

I really like this sheet, Mistilteinn feels a little like a kid trying their very best to come across as a villain and failing despite having all the tools necessary to be a genuine monster. His body snatching is extra creepy, as are the visuals provided by the sheet. My only criticsm would be that he doesn't really feel like a Faker, because his Camouflage isn't Camouflage, I think maybe Assassin could have worked well? Though I'm just nitpicking at this point.

The Beatles
    So, truth be told, I don't have much to say about this sheet. It's as a whole inoffensive - Pun intended. I have a lot of thoughts about the NP, most of which don't belong in this thread, so I'll just say that it's alright. I concur with Vidi, Hubbard was a much stronger sheet.

Elisabetha ○ Kupalnitsa
    I really like the Hevelii sheets, somewhat by obligation because it was the Gatekeeper in the series from which's sheet I copied basically my entire formatting, and the iddy biddy Hevelius is no different.

My biggest gripe with the Pretender class is usually that it's often a bit unclear why the two figures are connected and that, really, is my biggest complaint about this sheet, though I can make guesses connecting an astronomer and a deity associated with the night sky is already a relatively natural move, if you put a gun to my chest I probably wouldn't be able to nail down a concrete answer. Although, given much of the other criticism I've been giving, perhaps this really is just a me-problem. Other than that the sheet is really good, Del is a regular master class at atmospheric sheets that manage to tell a good character story in an engaging manner and this sheet does just that as well beautifully.

Sajāḥ bint al-Ḥārith & Maslama ibn Ḥabīb
    "The Arch-Liar" has to be one of the most metal titles anyone has ever received.
    I don't really have any meaningful criticism for this sheet. My biggest complaint, really, is that the Arch-Liar skill pulls others toward Chaotic Evil, yet they're Neutral Good which feels a bit odd but this is by no means something that devalues the quality of the sheet at all. The characters of both of them are brought across very well, the historical context of them both is presented in a pretty easily digestable manner and their Noble Phantasm is wonderfully picturesque and fitting. Overall, very well done.

Prince Charming
    This sheet is an automatic 0/10 because you chose Marth as the image but didn't put "Together we ride" as the accompanying music. For shame!

To give actually serious criticism, the main thing I dislike is that this feels less like one Servant and more like Prince Charming and Prince Charming's Beast alter that were put into one sheet. Besides their concept of course being similar, they feel like two entirely disconnected characters to me and I think the twist would have been a fair bit more impactful if that wasn't the case. It kind of makes one feel like you could just skip the first part of the sheet because the real sheet only starts after the twist. Having said all that, this sheet is still a very well written Servant and the twist, despite my criticsm of it, is still very intruiging, I think. All the skills feel fitting even if they occasionally bleed over into one another, and the final NP is truly wonderful. It feels like someone forcefully slamming the metaphorical book closed, slaping their knees and saying "Welp, story's over." and I think it fits this character wonderfully.

Virochana=Vairocana
    I think it's really cool that you mashed the two aspects of the character together as opposed to only having one manifest with the other being a possible Alter, as would be Fate tradition. I also find it really cool that despite their contradictory nature the two halves aren't actually hostile toward eachother, at least not openly, but just passively exist alongside one another. The sheet really clearly keeps the two halves separate through the colours you chose for them, the skills and NPs are all really cool and I love that through their colours it's kind of shown which NPs and which Skills "belong" to who. Very well done sheet.

Helen of Troy
    The only complaint I have about this sheet is that I don't quite follow the logic behind making her a Pretender, especially since she doesn't even have Camouflage. Besides that, this is a really neat sheet I think. I also really like her NP that exalts everyone to heroic status and then puts them in a position where they're exposed to her beauty to set up for Trojan War 3.

Cain
    This isn't a Servant, this is an FFXIV Tank. He literally generates Enmity!

It's really easy to write Cain as an Assassin or Berserker and lean really, really heavily into him being the first murderer. I haven't looked but I'd guess that if I did I would be able to find at least a handful of sheets that lean into this. Truth be told, when I saw the name "Cain" in the list of Servants that's what I expected and maybe because of that this Servant is really impressive to me, focussing not on him as the first murderer and instead on the person that emerged from the punishments he endured because of it. Also, giving him access to things like Civilization Creation to cast him more as a builder than a destroyer is similarly great. Plus, I'm always a sucker for Watchers and their "I'm not the Servant, you are." schtick. Very well done.

Emily Dickinson
    I'm not sure if I should open this with an Evanescence or with a fourth wall joke...

This one was a ride. I don't think I've yet had a sheet directly address the reader like this one does, playing with the idea of characters and the power of words while somehow still very well embodying a real historical person. The sheet is wonderfully composed and written sheet that is intriguing in a way that is difficult for me to actually describe properly. Likely because the sheet directly speaks to the reader some of the words have an effect I would call deeply "nahegehend" which I cannot translate in any satisfying way. So:

"Nahegehend" can be translated to English as "moving," "touching," or "profound." It is an adjective that is commonly used to describe something that evokes strong emotions or deep thoughts, often in a personal or intimate way. It can be used to describe a wide range of things, such as a touching story, a powerful work of art, or a meaningful conversation.

Curse the simplicity of the English language. Sadly I missed the voting deadline, though if I hadn't, then this would have been my winner by a country mile.

Nicholas and Perenelle Famel
    As Pine said himself, they feel a little more like a concept than a sheet. That said, they're still, as Pine hoped, intriguing. Beyond everything they're a very enjoyable read and one that, maybe a bit oddly feels so chock full of good ideas and concepts that after reading it through the first time, I immediately turned around to read it a second time just because I hadn't fully absorbed everything. This is a good thing. Beyond the stellar writing, the sheet is eye candy in the exact opposite way that Del's and Random's sheets are, it's understated and very atmospheric in its presentation. Absolutely stellar work.

Heraclius=Armilus
    This man has both an army summon and "sword"-beam attack as his Noble Phantasms, as far as I'm concerned he must be the strongest Servant there is.

As for the sheet, I had no idea of the existence of this guy, but the sheet does a rather good job of painting the picture of who he is and then translating it into campy anime bollocks. He comes off very much as the final Dark Souls end boss waiting for you when the apocalypse happens, which is very much the point of the sheet so well done there. I don't really have anything more to say about this sheet other than it is very solid and does pretty much exactly what it is supposed to. I could criticise that he is a little one dimensional as a big almost videogame like end boss, then again that is the point. Well done sheet, clap on the back there.

Apep
    This is going to sound somewhat condescending, but, if you scratch the part about not knowing the figure beforehand, I could pretty much repeat what I said about Heraclius=Armilus here. It's a big power sneksnek video game end boss and it does what it is supposed to fairly well with fitting skills, fitting quotes and good choices for visuals. I don't have any major complaints for the sheet, besides, again, that it seems a little flat, though that is, once again, somewhat the point. Overall I'd say it's still a job well done.

Should anyone be curious who I would have voted for it would have been:
    1 Point - Barbara Newhall Follett
    2 Points - Macaria
    3 Points - Emily Dickinson

I desparately wanted to put Unknown Soldiers on there to make a joke about nepotism, but couldn't bring myself to do it.
    I am sorry Morg, I hath failed thee.
    《 ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ ★ ~~ 》

My Servant Compendium

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle TQG Imaginatorious's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quick Q: If Mistilteinn's Camouflage isn't actually Camouflage but him wearing someone else as a skin suit, does that mean after the reveal we left Höđr's corpse lying somewhere to rot? Poor Höđr man, that guy just cannot catch a break.
    Actually, they are still using Höđr's corpse as their main body. It's just after the reveal, they just covered up the corpse with themselves. That is also why Mistilteinn is so heavy as it's the sum of Höđr's and Mistilteinn's weight added up. Otherwise, yeah I can see your complaints of its class as now that I think about it, it's skills and nps are not really "fakery". However, I counter with what's the best way to pretend to be something than literally puppeteering the person's body and possess their memories?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DesReploid View Post
    Garshāsp
    You know when I read about this character like a year ago the prospect of murdering a dragon because it interrupted a dinner seemed much more humerous.

I don't honestly know what to say about this sheet that hasn't already been said. I do agree with your assessment that it may even undersell Garshāsp's mythological power. The idea of presenting Garshāsp as a perpetually disappointed and somewhat emotionally stunted woman would never have occured to me, but it does work rather well. If I had to complain about something it's that I kind of wish there was a nine day time limit somewhere on her sheet - Maybe in the Gandarəβa skill - because that's how long she could fight that monster before needing to take a nap. Really stellar work.
    You know, everyone really focuses on the disappointed part, which really wasn't the intent even if it's the first thing said. Honestly, it was a bit of a joke. Her disappointment isn't the type that means she looks down from on high. It's like a parent's, where they expected more but still love you despite it. It even says later in the personality this is mostly centered around pure raw power, her finding admiration for people who can use it in other ways. In my head, I see a woman who has both utter confidence in herself but is also a little disappointed that all she seems built for is to destroy, so she's instead placed her faith in the generations to come after, and she'll wait as long as she has to for them to reach beyond her. Though she was king for centuries and built a whole city, even she has trouble not seeing herself as a monster, which is part of why her family is so important to her.
    Maybe it needed to be conveyed better. Don't know.

Unknown Soliders
    I've already said my piece on this one. It's a laser focused, for lack of a better term, character assassination and it's wonderful. Just like Baron Magnus' Mary Celeste a few contests back, I'm always happy when my delirious 2 am writing can spark inspiration for someone else.

I desparately wanted to put Unknown Soldiers on there to make a joke about nepotism, but couldn't bring myself to do it.
    I am sorry Morg, I hath failed thee.

I expect repayment in gold on my doorstep by tomorrow, young man.
    Do you like jazz short stories? Do you want something to distract from making Servants? Do you wish the idea of Shirou Kotomine didn't immediately bring edgelords to mind? Well, I can't promise it's good, but some would disagree with me.
    Fate/Without Justice

...I know no cure for evil. DracoScribe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Guys
    STOP
    REMEMBER THE LAST TIME YOU ALL SAID YOU WERE LOOKING FORWARD TO MY PROMPT
    MANY WENT "FUCK" AT ITS REVEAL
    DO YOU REALLY WANT THAT?

Ahem.
    Anyways...

The Keres
    I really like the way Draco structures her sheets and presents her Servants and these ones are a fun version of the archetypal crazy killer who gets thrills out of it and nothing else, with the slight twist that there's a whole bunch of them.
    Aaaahhhh thank you for that. Again and again, this was different from my usual so I'm glad the format works and that you had fun with them. I kept leaving myself in stitches writing their dialogue.

The one thing I'll say "bothered" me, is that as far as I know the Keres themselves couldn't actually kill anything, instead being portents of a violent death and feasting on the corpse after. I really wish that part of them was incorporated into the sheet more, I think it would have made for an even more intruiging spin on the character.
    Ah...I think I leaned too hard on the idea that they are a manifestation of "Death as an enemy" for me and how they're the "opposite" of Macaria. At least, I think that's why looking back on it. Not sure what I would've done with those aspects now that you brought them up, but they didn't really occur to me to use them other than through the NP.

Macaria
    I said it with The Keres, but again, I am very in love with the way Draco constructs her sheets and presents her Servants and this one is not an exception.
    aaaahhhhhh thank god again cuz yeah i was worried the pacing would be outta wack.

I always held the belief that Macaria, the daughter of Heracles and Macaria the daughter of Hades were probably two separate figures that were later conflated. The reconcilliation between the two characters given in the sheet is very satisfactory though, and creates a much better overarching story than if the daughter of Heracles was just dropped, so well done on that.
    Oh, I realized I didn't mention it (well explicitly at least), but I agree on that. Mostly because the only source we have on Macaria of Hades, the Suda, lists Macaria of Heracles as separate from Macaria (anyone curious can see for themself here). And I'm happy to hear you liked how I combined the two and that I made it integral to the sheet. I was really happy to come up with it.

Overall, I'm honestly impressed how much mileage you got out of two mythological characters that are kind of unimportant. A really, really well done job.
    I surprise myself honestly. Though I notice I have a habit of liking and picking figures with barely anything to them so far (coughsigynbeingthemostobviousonecough). Thanks for the compliment again!

Wow. I went that entire thing without making a comment about the nostalgia pop that happened when I saw Shanoa.
    I'll admit her being from Castlevania also was another factor on why I really wanted to use Shanoa as a faceclaim. XD But really what had me pick her was that pic I used at the end of the Keres sheet that leads to Macaria's sheet. Basically as soon as I saw that I went "THAT'S EXACTLY HOW I WANT THE LANCE TO LOOK LIKE AND IT COMES WITH SOMEONE I LIKE THE LOOK OF", then I found out it was Shanoa when I was checking to see if there was more art for the character/a more fitting pose for the FC.

Katsuie Matsukara
    So, to be quite honest, I really don't like this one. His skills and NPs are all so short I can take guesses at what they do at best and have no idea at worst, I can't tell if there is any reason why he's turned into a tokusatsu character or what his connection with the pheonix is, and I have no idea what his deal with Amakusa Shiro is. Everything remains unexplained and as a chronic over-explainer that feels really unsatisfying. And I really want to like this sheet, because the presentation of it is straight up fire - pun intended - and the concept of turning a historical figure into a tokusatsu character is really cool. I just desperately wish that there was more to this sheet.
    Taking notes since I'll eventually do something similar.

To paraphrase advice given to me by Del, if you're making a god or a godlike figure - Which I'd argue the horsemen are to some degree - then go for the throat, shoot high, make them feel like a proper apocalypse on legs.
    Also taking notes because I like this advice.

Alice in Wonderland
    Bless Draco for the list of Servants because I did not see this sheet when it was posted.
    oh good i wasn't the only one to constantly miss this sheet
    Only reason I was lucky to noitce is cuz I constantly reload the contest thread during contest month. XD

So, general consensus seems to be that this is a really good sheet which must mean that I have missed a memo because, frankly, I don't get it. Maybe I'm a little too small brain, or maybe not being familiar with Alice in Wonderland beyond Disney's rendition as well as having no idea about the type-moon series google told me the Archelot clan comes from means I can't get this sheet on a fundamental level.

To be clear, I don't think this sheet is bad or anything Random is an exceedingly good writer and that alone carries this sheet to greatness and the formatting is, as always, absolute eye candy in those aspects Random is probably one of my favourite sheet writers on this site. Having said that, I find the character itself rather convoluted. Mixing Alice Liddell with the character based on her seems reasonable, the connection with the Clock Tower is cool. I still don't quite understand Anti-Servants, but most of all I don't understand why she is an Anti-Servant to begin with or what that means for the character. I also really have no idea where the Jack the Ripper connection came from or why its relevant, perhaps I missed something here. Those last few things kind of muddle what would otherwise be a very, very good sheet for me, like they're the final two cooks that spoil the meal.

Again, all of this may well be because my brain lacks enough wrinkles.
    Huh. Interesting... Well. I can't help but talk about it, so this is what I understood from the Servant (so correct me if i got anything wrong random)...

One: Alice is a Witch (whatever that is in the context of Nasuverse/this sheet)
    Two: Wonderland was a real world she created as a kid because of her "Witchiness"
    Three: but when she grew up and became more "normal" her connection with Wonderland was severed
    Four: it refused to die and thus went on to kill people to make a "new Alice", and thus is, at the very least, one "version" of Jack the Ripper
    Five: from my understanding from this and the Holy Schlock War, Anti-Servants, and specifically their Viral Phantasms, are a Servant's biggest regret/their worst traits made manifest. So, I assume, with Wonderland being an Anti-Servant of Alice, that one of her biggest regrets was separating from Wonderland, hence why she exists.

As for Jack the Ripper connection itself... It comes from Jack the Ripper, Light-Hearted Friend, or rather, the book talks about it, as the line ["You see, concerning the true identity of the Whitechapel murderer," he says, suddenly far too pleased with himself, "I've been sharing with Dr Dabbs my most ingenious theory..."] comes from one letter talking to one Dr. Dabbs. The theory itself is, as far as I know from this article from the Casebook: Jack the Ripper site (which incidentally is where I found the mention of the line itself), basically nonsense, with the foundations it does use shaky at best.

I'll admit I only found out about this thanks to this sheet leading me to become curious and find out if there is a basis for the Jack connection, but still. For me, I just thought it was cool to make the nonsensical theory feel believable. Plus, as a Persona fan, I am a sucker of the idea of Anti-Servants being a "shadow" of a Servant in a way.

That
    And
    Well
    The Macaria interaction
    But that is just big bias from me

Louhi
    It's somewhat sad that the author of this sheet seems to already have left.
    Wait really????
    Aw man. That's a shame.
    I broke down what I thought was the problem for me so that he could improve.
    Oh well...

Truth be told my biggest issue with this sheet is the fact that the NP isn't actually in the section titled "NP", but that's because I'm aggressively German and therefore crave absolute order in all things.
    ...if it's any consolation(?) that was one of the problems i had with it too
    As I said there, I was left confused on why the NP section only had the chant.

I'd say this is a solid sheet for a first, I find it somewhat sad that the class skills are left without description. A small piece of advice you may find helpful: General rule of thumb for me is that if I can't write at least two sentences about a skill in my sheets that skill isn't fit for the character and should be scratched from it. It's kind of a way to force myself not to force abilities and concepts onto a character that don't fit on that character. The Noble Phantasm is actually quite really neat, the visual imagery conjured up by a witch taking the entire planet prisoner is the epitome of wonderful anime bollocks. For a first sheet it's done rather well I think.
    Even though this ain't aimed at me, I like this piece of advice, so thanks to that.
    Last edited by DracoScribe; May 5th, 2023 at 12:45 AM.
    Author of:
    Persona 5: Refraction (SV link; FF.net link)
    "You didn't have to fight for me, you know." "And you didn't have to curl your hair so we'll look even more alike." Ren stared before he softly chuckled, Akira joining him not long after. With one simple decision as a child, Ren Amamiya goes to Tokyo alongside his little sister, Akira. (P5R Sibling AU) (Ren/Ann, Akechi/Fem!Akira)
    Chapter 55 on: April 24, 2024 (GMT +8:00)
    Velvet Throne
    My list of my Servants! Still small for now.

Obscure Servant Creator Scotcheroos's Avatar
    A famous political hellhole on Earth called America
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Artabanus II
    This is a Rider whose NP is actually a mount. I fear this Servant.

Jokes aside, taking a horseman of the apocalypse - Which, despite their importance kind of offer nothing in terms of character - and tacking that together with a historical figure is really cool and very well executed here. The sheet is really well written and the skills feel very fitting. My only criticism would be with the Noble Phantasms, at least to me they seem a bit "meh" for being the NPs of a horseman of the apocalypse. The second NP is by far the most compelling while the others seem a bit generic (Although I suppose that may have been the point?). Especially her final NP feels a little bit like a let down. To paraphrase advice given to me by Del, if you're making a god or a godlike figure - Which I'd argue the horsemen are to some degree - then go for the throat, shoot high, make them feel like a proper apocalypse on legs.
    Goetia: Why should I fear some piddly little Servant like you? HAHAHAHA-
    Artabanus: My Noble Phantasm is a horse.
    Goetia: making terrified cross signs at her

Honestly, I felt like I'd made her too scuffed with the NPs. At the end of the day she's still a normal Servant who got kicked into the position of the First Horseman, and is fucking pissed about it. I didn't want to make her a godlike figure, but a human with the template of a godlike figure backing her by default. I'm actually glad that the NPs felt generic since they were meant to be. It was to show that she was only a Horseman by default and her Spirit Origin was more shoddily thrown together than her other qualifying classes. She did it out of pure spite towards the Big G, ngl.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DracoScribe View Post
    Huh. Interesting... Well. I can't help but talk about it, so this is what I understood from the Servant (so correct me if i got anything wrong random)...
    Correct summary!
    Additional notes
    A summary of the conspiracy board that I've been working on that allowed me to construct this idea. Apparently, most of the sources I'm drawing from are not common knowledge in this thread, so I thought I'd try a little synopsis of how I got here with some extra context for what the hell is happening.

Anything in italics is my own assumption, conjecture, or invention.
    Clock Tower and Victorian literature
    In the Victorian era, there were four notable gentlemen who all shared a common surname...

But we only really care about one, and he's not Sherlock Holmes. Let's talk about Holmes first.
    Type-Moon's Victorian London is populated in large part by fictional characters, or at least people we would consider fictional.
    Sherlock Holmes is one of them, but he quickly reveals himself to have actually existed, including through his interactions with Helena Blavatsky.
    The Holmes series was extremely popular in its day - as you probably know - but there were a number of cheaply-printed hits and misses that existed in this era. These works of literature were known as penny dreadfuls, because they cost a few pence and were also a bit shit. They were essentially the creepypastas of their day.

Among these penny dreadfuls were a number of familiar figures like Spring-Heeled Jack, Sweeney Todd, and Sir Varney.
    Many of them dealt with supernatural beings, who of course could not have actually existed normally, but in Type-Moon it's possible that these sudden surges in documentations of Mystery are a result of Clock Tower having trouble properly adapting to the rapidly changing world of the industrial revolution.
    And among these supernatural stories, we have the Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde, which needs no introduction from me. You should really read it. The twist at the end will shock you. You'll never see it coming.

These two actually knew each other - Holmes and Jekyll, I mean - and this comes up in a story written about Jekyll's background.
    This story was published in TM Ace, and there is something quite valuable about what Jack the Ripper actually is at the end.
    As someone who would even examine the various type of tobacco ash or the soil of London’s surrounding areas and could discern them at a glance, he has the makings of a learned scholar. Of course, in the pursuit of criminals, he looked forward to the thrill of the chase itself. In this lodging there are countless files, methodically tagged and sorted; those files, neatly organized on a shelf, is probably the only semblance of order in this cluttered office.

His information network, supported by a great number of people ------

That Henry Jekyll was also one of them.

“In the East there’s a saying that ‘awareness comes only through practice’. The proverb is something along the lines of ‘to know and not to do is to not know’. For him who wanted to further his own knowledge, no matter how you see it, he really was a true scholar to the end.”

“I know that, but what does it have to do with this morning’s papers?”

At Mr. W’s question, Mr. H wordlessly set the newspaper down on the side table. On the front of the morning paper, the Daily Post, the large headline ‘The incident of Jack the Ripper!’ is printed.

“Rumors of an incident, huh. Looks like we’re going to be busy.”

“I only deal with crimes committed by actual, existing humans.” Mr. H quietly replied. As the completely exasperated Mr. W stared at him, Mr. H once again turned his eyes to look at the window.

What are those eyes possessing an amazing power of observation looking at?

The dark fog?

Probably ----

“That’s the responsibility of the folks at the Clock Tower
    This is important.

Needless to say, at this time, there is also another supposedly fictional character running around in the real London.

The First Magic
    Anyone who's been into Type-Moon for any length of time has encountered the concept of Magic.

In short, it's the impossible.

However, among the five Magics, there's one that's particularly notable: the First Magic, which emerged around the dawn of the Common Era.
    The night before AD: The user of the First Magic is born
    Okay, so what does that actually mean?
    We know for a fact that the First Magic - the Denial of Nothingness - is related somehow to Ether, which got proven to exist in 20 CE.
    Specifically, the Ether Clumps (raw Ether that failed to become anything and does nothing) is called "the First Magic's [redacted]".
    We also know the name of the First Magician: a Witch named Yumina.
    In fact, it seems like she might even be the original Witch, because all Witches are connected to the First Magic.

Alice Kuonji of Mahoyo is a Witch who uses a unique Magecraft system from her ancestor, who is named Yumina.

...Hey, what's that all about?

Alice (fictional character)
    Alice Kuonji was named such because her mother absolutely adored the story of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
    She's not the only character in Type-Moon for whom this is the case. In Extra, we also have Nursery Rhyme, who takes the form of Alice after her own Master, also named Alice, chose to style herself after that same girl.
    How, and why, did it do that? Actually, what even is Nursery Rhyme?
    Nursery Rhyme is not a hero in the traditional sense. Rather, it is a general term for any picture book that has managed to manifest itself into a corporeal existence.

The genre itself, deeply loved by the children of England, came into being as a reaction to the half-voiced dreams of the young and eventually emerged as a Servant who came a champion of the innocent. It formed the foundation for perhaps the best known work from the author known as Lewis Carroll. His book "Alice in Wonderland" began as a series of simple rhymes told to the daughters of a family friend while rowing down the River Thames on a warm summer's day.
    The Servant Nursery Rhyme is actually a pseudo-Servant dreamt up by her Master. She is a Reality Marble that embodies a reflection of her Master’s feelings.
    Nursery Rhyme is not an actual hero, but the general term for a picture book that actually exists.
    As it accepted the dreams of many children, this genre that is deeply loved in England was established as a single concept, turning into a Servant that is "a hero of the children".
    Later, something that became the groundwork for bringing forth the celebrated writer Lewis Carroll.
    This seems a bit contradictory at first glance, so let's iron out what we know for sure.
    1. Nursery Rhyme is not a figure, but a genre.
    2. The genre became a discrete, specific entity by gathering the thoughts of children.
    3. The book Alice's Adventures in Wonderland was created based on this existence, not the other way around.
    4. Nursery Rhyme (Servant) emerges based on the Master, and is a different type of existence compared to the non-Servant Nursery Rhyme that the book is based on.
    5. The term "Nursery Rhyme" is a general descriptor of a phenomenon, and not solely referential to Carroll's Nursery Rhyme - in other words, Carroll wrote about a Nursery Rhyme, not the Nursery Rhyme.

Let's move into real history for a second. Everyone knows that Lewis Carroll wrote Alice's Adventures based on the Alice Liddell to whom they were told.
    And of course, just like everything that everyone knows, it's not exactly correct. Both Charles Dodgson and Liddell herself attest that Liddell is not the Alice, and it's a topic of debate in the scholarship to what extent that's actually true. Dodgson was a weird guy, and much about him is quite obscure.

We'll come back to him. We're talking about her right now. Keep your eyes on the ball.

Liddell Archelot and the Department of Botany
    So, we have a distinction here between a fictional Alice and a real Alice. Let's talk about the latter.
    The Liddell family are/were Magi specialising in Witchcraft.
    This is a fairly short leap, I think. We literally have someone in Mahoyo - a friend of Alice who named her Ploys no less - named May Liddell Archelot.
    The story has connections to Magecraft, and in most cases (as we say earlier), that usually indicates that something did actually happen in the world of Magecraft to that effect, doubly so in Victorian England.
    The Archelots, May Liddell's family, are also the clan who currently hold the seat of Lord of Botany, the Department that deals in Witchcraft in the Clock Tower.
    May herself is also called a descendent of Soot Witches who emerged during the industrial revolution, so I think that's more than enough to conclude that Alice P. Liddell was connected to Witchcraft herself.
    Furthermore, for her to be treated with this level of reverence by Witches, as well as the things laid out in the book (as well as what we know about Nursery Rhymes already), it doesn't seem too farfetched to suggest that Alice was actually one of Soot Witches.

As an aside, you might recognise the name Archelot from the Jekyll and Hyde story I linked to earlier:
    First phase of compounding, successful. I am much obliged to the Archelot House’s cooperation. I have promised them a check of 20 thousand pounds as well as a detailed documentation of the results of the experiment.
    They helped him create the potion that separated his personality into two.
    "Hang on a second, Random. Didn't you have the narrator draw a comparison between the Dodgson/Carroll dual personality and Jekyll/Hyde?"

Fictional spirits
    Sherlock Holmes talks at length in his trial quest about the boundaries between fiction and reality and how they're not strictly separate.
    It's complicated and vague and it ties into the Lostbelts so I'm going to assume you basically understand the principles. If you don't, go read it and come back.

Servants that have been fictional have, for a long time, been a thing. Since Fsn, actually.
    Sasaki Kojirou is a prime example of this. There was no Sasaki Kojirou, strictly speaking - there was a man who possessed the name, a man who possessed the sword, and a man who possessed the technique, and they were all merged together to "create" a Sasaki Kojirou.
    This sounds a little bit similar to a certain something that happened in FGO, doesn't it? Anyone remember Shinjuku?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty
    Most Servants cannot exist if they are purely fiction. Their origins are rooted in myths and legends that have some kernel of true existence to them.
    There must be a powerful reason to exist on fiction alone.
    For example...the embodiment of a wish to keep one's children safe. Like a picture book.
    [...]
    Fictions whose Spirit Origin values fail to suffice. Concepts that never go beyond mere urban legend. Beings who simply wither and disappear, failing to become either Heroes or Anti-Heroes.
    We call them Phantom Spirits.
    You don't need any prompting to come up with an example of an urban legend that existed in London during the late 19th century, right?
    The people’s fear of him was exploited to create all manner of stories about him—and then they were unified into a single legend.
    The reason that Jack the Ripper is, in a certain sense, so universally extolled throughout the world is due to the overwhelming number of mysteries surrounding this serial killer. Therefore, when Jack the Ripper is summoned as a Servant, he or she can undergo various changes depending on the class or location he or she is summoned in.
    Without going into adjacent phenomena like TATARI (don't worry about it), we can already start to draw some parallels between Jack the Ripper and Nursery Rhyme as phenomena. Turns out there's more to them hanging out in FGO than whatever the collective noun for a group of lolis is.
    The Jack the Ripper that was summoned this time is an amalgamation of the children who were aborted by the many prostitutes who lived in White Chapel, London. Having not even being allowed to be born, these boys and girls sought to return to their mothers’ wombs and repeatedly committed murder. To put it another way, this is the heretical Jack who was born from the “side of the victims”.
    The idea that Jack the Ripper changes its form depending on the fictions it can absorb on summoning means that it naturally has high compatibility with dense fictions like Nursery Rhyme.

The urban legend of Alice in Wonderland
    It has been identified that Lewis Carroll was named as a suspect in the Jack the Ripper case somewhat more recently than most candidates, through degrees of nonsense that would make the man himself blush.
    My view is that something on that level isn't enough to make a Jack the Ripper on its own. There's more to it than that - a kernel of truth, one might say.
    Lewis Carroll himself also had his own theory as to the culprit, although he didn't deign to publish whatever he thought it was, and just stuck to armchair speculation with his mates.
    That said, we do know from Holmes that Jack the Ripper is connected to the world of Magecraft, and there is a comparison to be drawn between Jack the Ripper and Nursery Rhyme, as well as links between Nursery Rhyme, Wonderland, and Witchcraft.
    If one were to name prominent Witches that existed in the industrial revolution, that would have to be the Soot Witches who the modern May Liddell Archelot is descended from.

So, here's where we go off to crazytown. Holding on? Seatbelts? Great.

Charles Dodgson, an affiliate with the Liddell Archelots, developed a split personality in the form of Lewis Carroll by similar techniques that would be used some other time by Jekyll and Hyde.
    Lewis Carroll, knowing the mechanics of these split personalities, would also know about the concept of Nursery Rhyme and with Wonderland, a product of Witchcraft by Alice, for obvious reasons.
    As the person most familiar with all the pieces on the table, it would be logical to assume that he could well have coined the hypothesis that "Jack the Ripper is Wonderland" and communicate this idea through the world of Magecraft, at least among the relevant parties.
    This, regardless of its veracity, would create the information necessary for the summoned Jack the Ripper to be able to conjoin with the fiction of Alice's Adventures to become the fictional counterpart to the real existing Alice.
    Whether Carroll actually believed this to have already happened is irrelevant, because the fact that there is a connection to be made between the nature of Nursery Rhyme and the burgeoning phenomenon of Jack the Ripper means that it was a possibility.
    The establishment of that possibility meant that the "fiction" could have easily become "reality" just because of the similarities, bolstered all the more by the fact that he had realised it existed.

"Lewis Carroll did it" is not the cornerstone for this Jack the Ripper, but rather it acts as another supporting block holding up the possibility that "
    the First Magic
    Wonderland
    itself is Jack the Ripper" because Lewis Carroll contributed to establishing that possibility in the first place.

Q.E.D., and I hope this has been informative or interesting or at the very least made the sheet easier to read.

Fate\last call
    night, dawn, and the birth of stars

╘══════════════════╕
    Characters
    Dictionary
    Poll
    Recent: Ch. ■
    next arc: Spring 2024

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    A summary of the conspiracy board that I've been working on that allowed me to construct this idea. Apparently, most of the sources I'm drawing from are not common knowledge in this thread, so I thought I'd try a little synopsis of how I got here with some extra context for what the hell is happening.
    Deeply fascinating stuff! I'd definitely love to see you what else you can do with this idea!

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Vance's Avatar
    Wonder what potentially hellish prompt we'd get this time.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have two early-stage WIPs I'm working on. One where I got the character all figured out while having no clue on their abilities, and one where I have the abilities all figured out while having no clue on what their character should be.

They have vastly different themes, and one might even fill a specific niche, but if the prompt doesn't hit either of them... hopefully it wouldn't come to that.

...I know no cure for evil. DracoScribe's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I swear any and all hell I may inflict with my prompt for this month is completely unintentional.
    Hopefully this time it doesn't cause as much trouble as my want for more dancing Servants.
    Author of:
    Persona 5: Refraction (SV link; FF.net link)
    "You didn't have to fight for me, you know." "And you didn't have to curl your hair so we'll look even more alike." Ren stared before he softly chuckled, Akira joining him not long after. With one simple decision as a child, Ren Amamiya goes to Tokyo alongside his little sister, Akira. (P5R Sibling AU) (Ren/Ann, Akechi/Fem!Akira)
    Chapter 55 on: April 24, 2024 (GMT +8:00)
    Velvet Throne
    My list of my Servants! Still small for now.

Blog Entries
    I hope it does...
    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    For a moment I had a flash of inspiration about a NP that mixes and matches the attributes of its targets... Unfortunately, Barbara Walker is alive...

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Oh boy I'm so (not) ready.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —
    —————

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFrenzy View Post
    Oh boy I'm so (not) ready.
    Me and you both bestie
    My compendium is here: https://blogs.nrvnqsr.com/blog.php/14424

My fanfiction Fate/Roundabout is here: https://forums.nrvnqsr.com/showthrea...ate-Roundabout

I can't believe it's not Rider! DesReploid's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DracoScribe View Post
    I swear any and all hell I may inflict with my prompt for this month is completely unintentional.
    Hopefully this time it doesn't cause as much trouble as my want for more dancing Servants.
    I hope that hell is inflicted upon us once again. The Dance prompt was great, even if it totally stumped me.

My Servant Compendium

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Vance's Avatar
    I hope that hell is inflicted upon us once again. The Dance prompt was great, even if it totally stumped me.
    I hope it doesn't. I want to be able to post the sheets I progressed. Once they're complete, that is.

Local Extra Class Aficionado DelRey's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    oh lord, i have barely any time. I just hope that the sheet i am working on this...a while fits.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Blog Entries
    Oooh what’s this one gonna be ?

Blog Entries
    half hard right now