Page 168 of 369 FirstFirst ... 68118158163166167168169170173178218268 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,360 of 7366

Thread: Monthly Create-A-Servant Contest

Blog Entries
    I won't be joining this contest (it wasn't as if I ever really joined one since I registered, but you know, effect) -- but if I were, it'd be for Paul McCartney.
    Noob here. Sorry about that.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Servant Foreigner:

Appearance:

Source

True Name: Sesshu Toyo (Lily)/The Boy Who Drew Cats

Alignment: True Neutral

Alternate Class: Caster

Armament: A giant calligraphy brush.

Strength- E
    Agility- C
    Endurance- D
    Mana- B
    Luck- C
    NP- B+

Personality
    A cheerful and absentminded boy with a deep passion for his craft. He loves sketching and will do so at every opportunity, often annoying his Master by drawing all over their walls or even mischievously doodling on them while they're sleeping. His favorite subject is cats and Foreigner adores all manner of them, both in art and real life. Big cats, small cats, fat cats, skinny cats; Foreigner doesn't care what kind they are, he finds them all equally adorable and will gladly offer them catnip and belly-scratches when given the chance.

Due to the influence of his otherworldly patron Foreigner has a distorted naivity towards horror and evil, capable of perceiving a bloody massacre as just someone spilling red paint everywhere and an eldritch cat-god from primeval eons as a funny-looking kitten to draw a sketch of. While a friendly young lad with proper morals, this trait lets Foreigner remain gladly oblivious to the atrocities the evil god carries out through their cohabitation.

As well as his passion, sketching is also how Foreigner copes with stress and anything he finds confusing or uncertain in life, helping him maintain a cheerful face. If he's unable to vent his feelings through art Foreigner's mood will quickly turn a 180 to depressed, moody and irritable. This in turn makes him more vulnerable to the whispers of the evil god...

From a certain anecdote of his past Foreigner has a peculiar fear of wide-open spaces that only applies when he's preparing to sleep. He finds dark and cramped spaces like closets and cabinets the coziest for sleeping and will always try to crawl into one before going to bed. If lacking any other better options this extends to a bed with someone else already occupying it, leading to some embarrassing scenarios for his Master as they may suddenly wake up to find Foreigner snuggling contentedly in their bed.

Attitude to his Master
    Viewing his Master as akin to the older monks of his temple he admired in life, Foreigner will do his best to devote himself diligently to them as a capable Servant. Even if he's scared of combat and questions whether a mere painter like him would really be any use in the battle royale that is the Holy Grail War. Foreigner will blossom splendidly alongside a Master who appreciates the value of his artistic works and especially if they practice a form of Magecraft utilizing artwork. Conversely if his Master continually disparages the worth of his art and expects him to only be a fighter Foreigner will over time subconsciously grow bitter and resentful towards them. Stoked on by the evil god's whispering this might lead Foreigner to betray his Master and submit to serving it instead...

Relationship to other Servants

Hokusai: Looks up to her as both a fellow artist and Foreigner, even calling her "senpai", though he's a little confused as to why she appears as a girl at first. Conversely as one more mature in resisting the evil god they host, Hokusai treats the other Foreigner as akin to an affectionate younger disciple (despite them appearing a similar age) and will often give him advice.

Chinese Servants: Due to a vestigial memory of his later life where he traveled to China to study from the landscapes and painting schools there Foreigner expresses admiration for them. Upon encountering a Chinese hero in the Grail War Foreigner will excitedly pester them with a barrage of curious questions about their land and culture.

Dislikes: being unable to live up to expectations, the weird voices he hears sometimes
    Talent: drawing
    Natural Enemy: the head monk at his temple

Class Skills:

Existence Beyond The Domain- C
    A Skill inherent to the Foreigner Class, asserting one's existence outside of time and reality. Foreigner is partially resistant to physical and mental damage, as his true self exists far beyond the reality perceivable by humans. This defense can be bypassed if the attacker themselves is connected to "something beyond man", like by possessing the Divinity Skill. A byproduct of this Skill is that Foreigner's body manifests some traits of his patron deity, in his case a pair of feline ears from the Great Old One of cats Tsathoggua.

"Eh, nekomimi? You say that became something popular in my home country? I don't really know what you mean but they are totally super cute nya!"

Divinity- B
    Qualifies one's aptitude as a Divine Spirit. While unknowing Foreigner is the vessel for a Great Old One who once ruled the earth as a god in ancient times. As such he obtains a high rank in this Skill.

Insanity- C
    A Mental Pollution-like skill gained from contacting an evil god that can easily erode the fragile common sense and morals of humans. However, the main qualification for the Foreigner class is to defy this erosion, either by maintaining their integrity as they descend into madness, or instead of being consumed by madness, they consume the madness itself. Foreigner mainly fends off the Old One's encroachment on his psyche by immersing himself in his sketching. Should that coping mechanism be stripped away from him, it's possible his mentality could deteriorate greatly and end up birthing a true calamity.

If summoned as Caster...
    Territory Creation- C+
    The ability to formulate a territory advantageous to oneself as a Magus. Toyo's variation of this Skill permits creation of an artist's atelier stocked with all kinds of painting supplies. Due to his love for traveling the quality of this territory isn't the highest but he can quickly establish it on anywhere, even on rough terrain.

Item Construction- N/A
    Talent to craft magical items. Due to being overwritten by his ability to bring drawings into reality, this Skill has been sealed.

Personal Skills:

High-Speed Divine Sketching- A+
    Foreigner's sketching style, that drew heavily from his upbringing in Zen Buddhism, favored not slow laborious movements of the brush but rapid and fluid strokes almost like slashing a sword. At this rank even complex sketches can be completed at the speed of Single-Action spells. Furthermore due to Foreigner's spiritual background and the current influence of his otherworldly patron, his sketchings count as "spells" and are imbued with mystery to the point of interfering directly with the physical world. For instance Foreigner can evoke his famous Winter Landscape scene to assail his foes with bitter chilling gales, damaging them and inflicting debuffs.

Winter Landscape

Single-Mindedness- C+
    The ability to immerse oneself in a task, exhibiting a superhuman degree of focus. By attuning himself completely to whatever he wants to sketch, Foreigner enters a state where all distractions and disturbance wash off him like oil from water, obtaining absolute serenity and focus in regards to his work. In essence Foreigner displays a strong protection against mental influencing thaumaturgy by utterly blocking out the world outside his chosen subject, a fitting ability for one who stubbornly devoted himself to painting even when his friends and mentors advised him against it.

My Tears Run As Ink- A
    Born from the famous episode where Foreigner was scolded by a monk for neglecting his studies in favor of drawing. The man tied Foreigner to a pillar in front of the temple and left him there to learn his lesson. Despondent at the rejection of his life's passion, Foreigner decided to channel his sorrow into art. Using his toe he drew the bitter tears shed at his feet into a mouse that then sprang to life to gnaw the boy free.

Normally this Skill would simply allow Foreigner to create drawings so realistic they actually fool the World and become real, but through the influence of his otherworldly patron it's been altered. Now instead all of Foreigner's bodily fluids are replaced by a mysterious pitch-black ink that he can secrete and manipulate at will. While Foreigner can theoretically do so through any part of his body, he favors leaking it from his eyes as if black tears.

The shape and qualities of this ink are entirely amorphous and can be altered freely by Foreigner from color to viscosity. He can mold it into streams sharp as a blade, harden it to form barriers or even make it acidic enough to corrode flesh and bone. Based on his signature "broken ink" style of painting Foreigner can even launch hardened ink "bullets" from his brush that burst upon hitting anything, providing more pools from which he can strike from. A Skill truly terrifying in its versatility, yet having no inclination for combat Foreigner favors using it to merely make sure he never runs out of ink while sketching.

In reality the true basis of this Skill is the Formless Spawn, the servitors of Great Old One Tsathoggua. Described as polymorphic beings of black ichor that could take nearly shape imaginable and serve to carry out the god's dark will. Having inadvertently contracted with Tsathoggua the Formless Spawn flow through Foreigner's body in lieu of blood, serving as both his sword and shield when the unknowing vessel is threatened.

As the Formless Spawn inhabit Foreigner's entire Saint Graph this Skill can serve as Battle Continuation when he's sufficiently damaged, holding his body together with sinewy strands of ink where muscles and bones were destroyed. Albeit doing so would take Foreigner's appearance far away from anything that could be called 'human'...

Self-Upheaval- C
    A Skill where originally, Servants are summoned in their golden age, but the Servant was exceptionally summoned as an existence that "will grow up from now on". Rather than the accomplished and renowned artist he became later in life, through influence of the most famous work said to depict his early years this Class instantiates Foreigner as when he was a young boy, still innocently pursuing his dreams of painting without knowing what the future holds.

If supported in his passion he will undoubtedly blossom into a fine young lad. Yet, if the path to his dream becomes muddled Foreigner may fall prey to the whispers of the Old One whose psyche he unwittingly hosts. The canvas of a future that should be nothing but bright may be begrimed by the claws of the evil god grasping Foreigner's soul.

If summoned as Caster he'd have...
    View Of Ama-no-Hashidate- B
    Named after the the famous landscape painting that Toyo made depicting a bird's eye view of a famous sandbar in Tango Province. Perhaps the most notable feature of this work is that Toyo had to climb a tall mountain to paint it while already well in his eighties, testifying to his incredible robust health.

This Skill attests Toyo's physical feats in addition to his artistic ones, ranking up his Strength and Endurance parameters beyond the boundary of the Caster Class Container.

Painting

Noble Phantasm
    Neko Wo Egaita Shōnen
    Cats Of Sadoqua

Type: Anti-Unit

At the end of a certain boy's legend, the cats he always loved drawing came alive overnight to devour the monstrous goblin-rat that lurked in the temple he took shelter at. As this story was allegedly inspired by Foreigner's own early life, he's able to draw on it as a Noble Phantasm. The maximal expression of Foreigner's painting style, "flavored" by the influence of the otherworldly being he hosts.

Upon invoking the true name Foreigner enters a sort of trance, reciting a hymn in an ineffable tongue as greater amounts of "ink" flow from his body. He swirls in place slowly, waving his brush through the air in languid dance-like movements. All the while the ink gathers thickly around it, trailing in the wake of the brush as if he were stirring it. Finally Foreigner sweeps out his brush and launches the wave of accumulated ink at the opponent.

Once swallowed up by the wave of inky darkness they enter a "painted space" totally cut off from the outside World. And there Tsathoggua is permitted to exert its full influence, manifesting countless catlike claws and fangs from space itself to tear apart, defile and consume the unlucky sacrifice. When the ink-cocoon disperses and Foreigner comes to from his reverie, nothing is left of the opponent save for some drawings of cats with their mouths eerily covered in red. "That's funny, I don't remember painting them that way... oh well!" he says while innocently shrugging.

Blog Entries
    ah Royd, my eternal Foreigner rival at it again
    I knew it would be Tsathoggua, you mentioned it a while ago.
    Mixed about it overall. Character and skills and general imagery are great. I got Venom and Carnage vibes. I like how you took inspiration from Master of Chaos to show alternative skills. I wish I remembered Self-Upheaval for my Friedrich sheet.
    Like back then, I was confused how you drew the connection to cats. I had to search for it to find it, because the usual sites dont say anything about it. He just has some obscure servitors with feline traits, that doesnt seem to make him an Evil God of Cats itself. His descriptions are more like he is a furry bat frog or some shit and he is pretty slothful.
    These are some edges in the sheet that temper my enjoyment, but it is a curse for a nerd like me who knows a bit HPL stuff. Still, if we take it at face value, their connection and how you depict it are really good. Using the spawn as his ink is creative and adds a cool creepy factor. Using Outer gods servitors is something I neglected for a while now. Perhaps if I get back to making Foreigners.

Another point I wish you did was actually showing us his paintings. When you present a painter and name skills after them, show them so we get a feel how he paints. Then we can imagine his in combat style even better.
    I encourage everyone who chooses to do an artist this contest to show us their artwork. If you take a painter show his paintings, musician can at least have music at the beginning in the background, poets can have phrases of their works under their skills.
    Examples for that are NMR's Li Bai for poetry, my Munchs and CDF for painters or Liszt for musicians.
    You dont have to do it to that extend, but it adds flavor and depth to a sheet.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

Your average angst/edge supplier BnEl15's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Top-level creator's note
    Guess who decided to rush this sheet in two days? I'll, uh... add more lines for future entries later on. Anyway, just as usual, for those of you who'd never read my sheets before, click on the image to reveal faceclaim and quote, and there's a soundtrack on the first opening quote. Happy early Halloween, y'all.

Faker of the Wax Museum
    -- Immortality in Death -
    -

"Bonjour, Servant Faker, at your service. A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Maitre. Hm? Should I keep that a secret until later? Non, non, my Class is of little importance. Besides, it's not like I qualify for any other Class, considering what I do. Perhaps it's a wonder that I qualify as a Servant at all!"
    "Hm? A Caster? Ufufu, you flatter me. However, you are mistaken, mon ami; I take pride in my work, you see. The hours I spent calculating the measurements, observing their expressions, and chiseling them into an immortal work of art. Impressive as they may be, my works are distinctly different from what you call magecraft."

Source

"My outfit? Ah, there's a funny story behind that, you see. Back when my business first gained traction, those who resent me addressed me as a vulture, a witch, or even a reaper! Can you believe that? I tried arguing with them at first, but after thinking about it further... are they wrong? I am a macabre woman who preyed upon the recently deceased for the sake of my own curiosity, after all. They're not wrong in that regard, so why should I be offended? In fact, I decided that I might as well roll with the whole ominous aesthetic they gave me. This style has a certain, how should I say this... je ne sais quoi about it, wouldn't you agree?"

Class: Faker
    Other Classes: -

True Name: Marie Tussaud
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Origin: France (18th century)

Parameters:

STR: E
    END: C
    AGI: D
    MGI: E
    LCK: B
    NP: A+

Likes: "The wonders of human life", mortality, fashion, making money
    Dislikes: Anyone interrupting her work, those who fall below her expectations
    Talent: Sculpting wax figures, creating identical wax imitations
    Natural Enemy: -
    Armament: Chisel, brush, molten wax
    Catalyst: Her wax figure, displayed in a certain museum in London

Class Skills
    Camouflage (-)

A Skill that allows a Servant to disguise their Class and parameters. Faker's finest works, her wax sculptures, were known all around the world, yet not many knew the origins of her business, namely as a sculptor crafting death masks for victims of the guillotine. As far as camouflage goes, Faker's version of this Skill is strictly limited to physical appearances and parameters (it would be ranked at around D under normal circumstances). However, through her Noble Phantasm, she could bestow these "masks" to others, granting them the very same impersonation ability to that of her own. Thus, due to the peculiar nature of this ability, this Skill's effects have been subsumed by her Noble Phantasm.

"A Faker is known for impersonation, non? I'm not exactly an impersonator in the most traditional sense, but I can turn you into a Faker if you buy my masks. It's a certified Madame Tussauds (Chaldea Branch) merchandise, sold for the low, low price of 500,000 qp! You also get a discount for your next purchase if you buy them in bulk! It's guaranteed fun for the whole family!"

Personal Skills
    United in Death (A+)

Faker's unique understanding of art, stemming from her innocent, almost childlike fixation with the concept of one's mortality. To her, life, with all its shining brilliance and unspeakable darkness, is a journey. And death is a grand celebration at the end of that journey. No matter what kind of journey one had led, death welcomes them all. Thus, the value of one's life can only be discerned at the moment of one's death, as they depart from this life and into the next. In that moment, one is laid bare, exposing sin, and virtue alike.

A composite Skill with functions similar to Aesthetic Appreciation and Human Observation. Understanding the human mind and recognizing art-based Noble Phantasms are just fractions of this Skill's capabilities. For one, "understanding an enemy's moment of death" grants her an overwhelming psychological advantage over said enemy. She could utilize that knowledge to create mind games, or even deduce their True Names and abilities from that "moment of death" alone. Unsurprisingly, this ability is most effective when said enemy possesses a Skill or Noble Phantasm symbolizing their mortality (such as a certain Iranian Archer or a certain Shinsengumi Berserker).

Incidentally, she could instantly recall the true identities of individuals whose death masks she crafted during the course of her life, including but not limited to Marie Antoinette, Louis XVI, and Maximilien Robespierre.

"Life is chaotic; ugliness and beauty intermingled into one, sin and virtue haphazardly painted within oneself, akin to an abstract portrait. There's certainly beauty in that, but death? Death offers a different kind of beauty entirely. It is peaceful, liberating, even. At that moment, one no longer has anything to hide, and so we can finally discern the ultimate truth of their life. There is beauty in that. Now, if you don't mind me asking, Maitre; if you were to die... What kind of expression would you make? Defiant? Regretful? Proud? Ufufu, this is but a hypothetical question, but I genuinely am interested in your answer, mon ami."

Single-Mindedness (C)

The ability to immerse oneself in something, exhibiting a superhuman degree of focus, zoning out all forms of external interference. Much of Faker's fame came only in her later years, if not postmortem. For most of her life, she was an impoverished artist single-handedly managing her wax-sculpting business and eventual art exhibition. During this period, it was said that she spent hours upon hours in her workshop, perfecting her creations. Any time not spent in her workshop would be spent in the morgue, or at the foot of the guillotine, with decapitated heads lining at her feet as she takes their measurements. It would be no exaggeration to say that during that period of her life, nothing else exists beyond her passion for wax-sculpting and her obsession with death.

"Why I couldn't hire assistants? Well, for one, I don't have the money. Besides, even if I do, how could I guarantee that they could meet my standards? Sculpting death masks is not a trivial matter, and a sloppy mask is an insult to the life of the deceased. Now, are you here simply for idle chatter, or would you like to to buy my merchandise and fund my long-awaited vacation? If it's the former, I must kindly ask you to leave. There's still so much to be done, after all..."

Item Construction (Wax) (A)

A special brand of magecraft, born from Faker's attachment to the very idea of wax sculptures. As part of her armaments, Faker possesses a cauldron filled with molten wax. From it, she could create temporary weapons, wax familiars, or even just use raw molten wax to form scorching whips or barriers to defend herself. Faker utilizes this Skill frequently in combat or reconnaissance. However, she absolutely refuses to use it in her pursuit of the arts.

"Bien sûr, this Skill is very helpful in battle, but you should know by now that I have no place in the battlefield. In fact, I'd rather stay far, far away from it until the conflict is finished and I could inspect the bodies in peace. Now this Skill is much less useful for my work. If I were to utilize it, perhaps I could finish my sculptures in minutes, and my life would certainly be much easier, but I fear the quality would drop. You see, Maitre, my work requires gentle, proficient craftsmanship. Hours upon hours of meticulous planning, sculpting, and refining. That is only something that my hands- not any form of magecraft- could do. That is how I came to be known as an artist."

Knowledge of Horrors (B)

One of Faker's most famous exhibits during her later years in London is the Chamber of Horrors, an exhibition of notorious murderers and criminals, with detailed depictions of their crime scenes. A precursor to it is the Caverne des Grands Voleurs (Cavern of Grand Thieves) established by her mentor, displaying the faces of criminals standing before the guillotine in lifelike states, which Faker briefly managed. The Chamber first opened in 1802, and it immediately became a big hit with Londoners. According to visitors, the exhibit was "London's most macabre work of art", and seeing them elicits a primal fear of mortality, as if they were standing before the actual criminals and murderers in question, staring death in the face. This effect is further boosted through the use of magic lanterns and phantasmagoria, techniques she picked up from one of her patrons, a magician by the name of Paul Philidor.

This Skill denotes the ability and practical knowledge to reproduce such responses through various forms of stage illusionism, including lighting, gestures, movement, sounds, color, and the overall "atmosphere" of the setting. Through a combination of these arts, as well as her mastery of wax-sculpting, Faker aims to bring her audience as close as possible to the incomprehensible concept of death, all without laying a single finger on them.

"Death and horrors are quite inevitably interlinked, non? As a certain author once said, humanity's greatest fear is that of the unknown, and what better to represent the unknown than one's very own mortality? Even so, I don't believe death is something to be feared. It is nothing more than a voyage from this world to the next, after all. I don't think my audience have clearly grasped this concept just yet, but I suppose that is all right. They have an entire lifetime to figure it out after all, if you catch my drift, ufufu."
    Noble Phantasm(s)
    Madame Tussaud's Wondrous Museum of Waxworks
    Le Masque Mortuaire

"Now then, let's begin our little masquerade, shall we? I welcome you to this magical night where lines between the living and the dead are blurred. Who knows, you might just find some dearly departed loved ones walking among you! Now, put on these masks, and we can get the celebrations started... Le Masque Mortuaire."

Type: Anti-Unit
    Range: -
    Max Targets: 1

Faker's most famous establishment, a wax museum displaying sculptures of famous people both living and dead. These sculptures are crafted in such lifelike states that they seemed virtually indistinguishable from the living. In a sense, within this exhibit, lines between living and dead are blurred, and people still living today could witness the visage of someone who died centuries ago as if they are alive and well.

Rather than manifesting the entirety of her museum, through this Noble Phantasm, Faker manifests only its core aspect, namely the death masks. Donning it allows an individual to assume the form of one whose face is displayed on the mask in question. This is Faker's true qualification for the Class; rather than specifically impersonating any one individual, she freely allows others (and herself) to impersonate other people, living or dead. On a larger scale, perhaps her works are detailed enough to "impersonate" the concept of life itself, with how intricate and lifelike they are.

The transformation ability bestowed by these masks are strictly limited to physical appearances, and parameters, should one decide to impersonate a Servant. Upon being summoned, Faker already has a number of "default" masks in her possession, including Marie Antoinette, Louis XVI, Maximilien Robespierre, and a number of other victims of the guillotine. With enough time, research, and effort, however, she could craft even more masks and expand her options.

If Faker were to be summoned in an actual Holy Grail War, her strategy would involve mass-producing these masks and introducing them to society as a stylish trend. With numerous people wearing these masks and unwittingly disguising themselves as others, this strategy would greatly confuse enemy Masters and Servants alike. In Chaldea, however, where such a scenario is unlikely to happen, this Noble Phantasm is reduced to mass-produced official merchandise sold in her art gallery. It's unexpectedly popular with children.

The Truth, Revealed at the Inevitable Moment of Death
    Memento Mori

"Aah, this is it! The culmination of it all! One last hurrah for a life as wonderful as yours! Now then, let us look beyond the veil and uncover it all, shall we? Tell me... What kind of death did you die..?"

Type: Anti-Unit, Anti-Mind
    Range: -
    Max Targets: 1

A crystallization of Faker's unending pursuit of
    mortality
    beauty
    , embedded within her death masks. To her, death is beautiful, for it is only then that the
    truth
    brilliance
    of the human soul is fully revealed, with no hint of deceit nor fabrication. Witnessing the moment of death is akin to taking a picture-perfect snapshot or unveiling a magnificent painting, and Faker desires to immortalize that beautiful display for all eternity. Simply put, death is a motif, and through it, one may discern the absolute truth of life.

Faker's death masks are perfect representations of this principle; through it, the very idea of death is captured and immortalized as a work of art. The convicted's final moments, their thoughts and desires are laid bare for all to see. A simple, cost-efficient Noble Phantasm that activates automatically whenever her death masks are worn by their "original owners", the act of wearing it reapplies the concept of "death" upon them. While this does not outright kill them, it forces them to relive their final moments again in their minds. Every sensation, thought, and emotion... every last detail is perfectly recreated within the target's mind in a matter of seconds, inflicting devastating psychological damage, as if experiencing death for the very first time. Furthermore, while this technique does no harm to the body, the shock alone is enough to kill weaker-willed opponents. At the same time, should this technique connect, upon placing the mask, Faker gains a perfect understanding of her target's final moments, which combined with Unity in Death, effectively reveals almost every detail regarding the target, including their True Name, Skills, and possible Noble Phantasm(s).

Of course, there are still limitations to what this Noble Phantasm can do. First of all, it only works on targets that had already experienced death before, meaning it's entirely useless against living humans. Similarly, it does not work on those who had never truly "died" (such as a certain mage from Avalon or a certain Queen from the Land of Shadows). Conversely, it does not work on those who had experienced multiple "deaths", or those who simply does not possess a concept of "death". This includes Alter-Egos with various components, or conceptual Servants who aren't considered "human" to begin with. This is due to the mask's requirement to pinpoint a single point of "mortality" to recreate them, which these individuals do not have (or in fact have multiples of). Thirdly, this Noble Phantasm's overall effectiveness still depends on how similar the mask is with the target's true likeness. At best, it is a devastating psychological attack. At worst, anyone with mild mental resistance skills can shrug them off without issue.

And so this Noble Phantasm's greatest difficulty is crafting and applying these death masks to the targets. For one, Faker must carefully observe them closely for their measurements (which would be difficult to do in long-range, while approaching the target could put her own life at risk, considering she's not exactly a close-range fighter), and make them put on the mask, willingly or otherwise (which is a different kind of challenge altogether). To accomplish these two objectives, oftentimes, Faker has to rely on cunning tricks using her first Noble Phantasm and/or wax-manipulation abilities.

Description
    Faker's True Name is Madame Marie Tussaud, a French artist best known for her wax sculptures, as well as the museum she founded in London.

An eccentric woman, and an even more eccentric artist, it's no secret that her entire character is largely motivated by her artistic pursuit of "beauty", which can be found in death (at least according to her). Being summoned in Chaldea, surrounded by countless Heroic Spirits (dead, formerly-dead, and not-so-dead people) only seems to reinforces this aspect of hers even further, as she can frequently be seen fangirling over these other Heroic Spirits and begging them to model for her. Aside from that, just like how she was in life, she largely spends her time in her workshop, sketching and sculpting new figures to display in her exhibitions. Yet unsettling as she may initially seem, she calmly assures the Master that her role is simply an "artist", and nothing more. Comparing her work to photography, she likens herself to a photographer who snaps the picture without altering the scene. Basically, despite her macabre obsession with death, she's not the type to directly cause death to satisfy her curiosity... most of the time. Probably. It's hard to tell with the ominous aura following her everywhere, much to her frustration to argue otherwise.

As a (self-proclaimed) poor, starving artist, Faker is deeply torn between her desire to take a break, and her devotion to her craft. Her single-minded determination makes her prone to overworking herself, and she wouldn't deny wanting to take a nice, long vacation to take her mind off things (even charging Chaldeans with exorbitant prices for her merchandise to fund said vacation), yet should she actually manage to amass enough funds for a vacation... something else in the back of her mind prevents her from going. Basically, she fears a vacation might cause her to miss out on interesting "material". She immediately shrugs off any suggestion of hiring assistants, both due to her frugality, as well as her insistence that her works require a special "artistic touch" that no one else but her could provide. Then she proceeds to spend all that hard-earned money on art supplies and overwork herself all over again, rinse and repeat.

Faker does not have a specific wish to the Grail, besides continuing her artistic pursuits once again. That said, she does want to visit the various Madame Tussauds museums around the world to give them "a piece of her mind". She's undeniably impressed by how widespread her art form had been after her time, and she would certainly praise her descendants for continuing her work, yet she still finds them "lacking that certified Marie Tussaud touch". Thus, she would like nothing more than to meet her current active successors and teach them how things are really done back in her day.

Lore
    Anna Maria "Marie" Tussaud (1761-1850) was born 1 December 1761 in Strasbourg, France. Her father died in the Seven Years War, two months before she was born, while her mother worked as a housekeeper for local doctor Philippe Curtius (1741-1794). Dr. Curtius frequently used wax models to illustrate anatomy, and young Marie occasionally assisted him in wax-sculpting. It was only a matter of time before the doctor realized her exceptional talent for sculpting. At the age of seven, the doctor adopted her, and began officially teaching her about the art. She created her first life-sized wax figure at the age of 16, that of Voltaire. From 1780 to the Revolution in 1789, she sculpted numerous figures of celebrities, including Jean-Jacques Rousseau and Benjamin Franklin. Most of these early works were displayed on Dr. Curtius' art exhibitions.

The French Revolution soon became a significant turning point in Marie's life. At the early stages of the Revolution, she had found employment as an art teacher to Madame Elisabeth of France, youngest sister to Louis XVI. According to her, the royal family treated her well during this time; she got to enjoy lavish feasts, and she was even allowed to spend nights in the luxurious rooms of the Versailles.

...This did not bode well for her once the bloody fervor of the Revolution rolled around. As the royal family were in disarray, she was accused of being a royalist sympathizer. She was arrested, and scheduled to be guillotined. With her days numbered, Marie could only lament her fate. She prayed and begged for a stay of execution to her captors, yet her efforts seemed to be in vain.

Then one day, a miracle occurred.

One morning, just days from her scheduled execution date, she was set free. Apparently one of the higher-ups of the Committee of Public Safety was a friend of her mentor, Dr. Curtius, and hearing of her exceptional artistic talent, he decided to employ her in sculpting death masks and full-body casts for other victims of the guillotine. It was here that she first developed her fascination with death and the macabre. In just a few years, she went from a criminal to a respected artist. Her numerous repertoire of wax figures included Marie Antoinette, Louis XVI, Maximilien Robespierre, and many others. It can be said that this was the peak of her early career.

As the revolution died down, Marie was dismissed from her post as an artist. She returned to her childhood home, only to find out that her mentor had passed away, leaving his collection of waxworks and art galleries to her. She studied these materials further, and she briefly managed the late Dr. Curtis' Caverne des Grands Voleurs. Yet demands were low, and combined with the unstable economic state that France was in at the time, she was forced to close up shop. She married a civil engineer, and the two were blessed with two sons. Believing her time in the spotlight to be over, she resigned herself to a quiet life...

She came to regret that decision a few years later. Stuck with an irresponsible, deadbeat husband, she took her eldest son, Joseph, to London to present her collection of portraits at a local exhibit. There, she encountered stage magician Paul Philidor, who mentored her in the art of magic lanterns and phantasmagoria. The two briefly worked together on a number of projects, but Madame Tussaud did not fare particularly well financially.

At the turn of the 19th century, the Napoleonic Wars erupted, preventing the artist's return to France. Stuck in the British Isles, she eventually reunited with her younger son, Francois, and the three began working on the family business. Madame Tussaud first held minor tours all across Britain, and with the money she amassed, she finally built her own permanent exhibition in London's Baker Street in 1835. From then on, her career only blossomed further. Members of British royalty, esteemed generals, and high society filled the halls of her museum. To many, having themselves immortalized in her museum was the greatest honor one can have. In her spare time, the madame still indulged in her more macabre fascinations, visiting morgues and crime scenes to create her Chamber of Horrors. This side-project of hers only propelled her further to fame, and she was delighted to see the people of London happily indulging themselves in her hobby.

Madame Tussaud passed away in 1850, at the age of 88. By then, she was a respected member of Victorian London's art community. Her business was carried on by her son Francois, and his son carried it in turn. Madame Tussaud's wax museum has now grown to become one of the major tourist attractions in London, and has expanded with branches in Amsterdam, Istanbul, Beijing, Bangkok, Berlin, Blackpool, Sydney, Hong Kong, Grand Prairie, Texas, Las Vegas, San Francisco, San Antonio, Shanghai, Washington, D.C., New York City, Orlando, Hollywood, Singapore, Tokyo, Vienna and recently New Delhi.

Relationships
    Marie Antoinette:
    "Ah, ma reine, how delightful it is to see you again! Elisabeth told me a lot about you during our time together, you know? Say, would you mind modeling for me again? I already did so once, well... without your knowledge, but as an artist, I'd like to do so one more time. After all... you seem to wear a different, lighter expression here compared to what you wore back then. Oui, if you don't mind, it would be an honor for me to immortalize this expression of yours."

Louis XVII (Avenger):
    "All things considered, wax-sculpting was certainly my one true calling in life. That won't change, even as a Servant. Yet even so, there's always this painful, heartbreaking feeling whenever I had to do this to a child, you know? You're not the only one, boy, and whenever I see a body brought into the morgue, children, with all their innocence, so full of life and vigor just a few hours prior, reduced to a cold, unmoving corpse... No amount of platitude or deep artistic musings could properly convey this feeling in my chest."

Charles-Henri Sanson:
    "If it isn't the Monsieur de Paris himself! As usual, I thank you for your patronage. Would you bring me more heads today?"

Hans Axel von Fersen (Avenger):
    "It seems Comte Fersen did not want anything to do with me. I suppose I can understand him. To some, death can be liberating, yet to those left behind... perhaps it is more akin to shackles, drowning them in regrets and memories."

Salome, King Hassan:
    "Non, non, I believe we are fundamentally different. You wield skulls, meaning you wait for the head to decay first. By then, the beauty contained within it has faded away, and they look no different from the hundreds of thousands of skulls you could pick up at the catacombs at your leisure."

Carl Tanzler:
    "Mon Dieu, what is this exquisite technique!? How could you keep a body in such pristine condition for so long!? You have to teach me all about your ways, monsieur! Eh? She's actually still alive? Is that so..?"

Murderers:
    "To hold the power over life and death in your hands, to change the course of fate itself with a single action... ufufu, I wonder, just how did it feel..?"

Pretender-Class Servants:
    "Excusez-moi, Maitre, but what kind of sick joke is this!? Their faces always seemed to change whenever I tried sculpting them! It's as if I ripped off their mask, only to find another mask beneath it! Merde, c'est quoi ça!?"

Servants who faced significant moral conflicts throughout their lifetimes:
    "Oh? Ufufu, yes, you'll do nicely. Come with me to my workshop. We have... much to talk about."

Frances Glessner Lee:
    "We are quite similar, mademoiselle. I did not expect to see anyone else who had worked so close with death here, especially from an era such as yours! We should chat over tea sometime in the future! With your help, I might just be able to rebuild my Chamber of Horrors here..."

Sherlock Holmes:
    "A fellow Baker Street regular! It's a pleasure to meet an acquaintance from my old neighborhood. We may not be that close back then, but I've always admired your crime-solving skills. On a related note, have you ever wondered why my wax museum had never been the scene of some grisly murder? I mean, my wax sculptures alone could add another layer of mystery to the case... It certainly is curious..."

Louisette:
    "Oh please, don't lump me in with the likes of you. You see death as a form of salvation, yet you dismiss the sorrow, the tragedy, and all the other emotions along with it. The moment you did so, you lost sight of its beauty, and you become nothing more than a monster hungry for human lives. Now then, would you like to model for me? I've never sculpted a sentient guillotine before."

Jugemu Jugemu Go-Kō-no-Surikire Kaijari-suigyo no Suigyō-matsu Unrai-matsu Fūrai-matsu Kū-Neru Tokoro ni Sumu Tokoro Yaburakōji no Burakōji Paipo Paipo Paipo no Shūringan Shūringan-no-Gūrindai Gūrindai-no-Ponpokopii-no-Ponpokonā no Chōkyūmei no Chōsuke:
    *Puts mask on him*
    *Mask cracks and disintegrates into countless tiny pieces*
    "Hmm, it appears that your name does hold a fearsome power behind it... By the way, monsieur, have you ever considered how funny it is that we stand on two opposite ends of the spectrum? Names are given at the very beginning of life, while my masks are taken at its very end. Yet you can't deny that names do hold a certain power over your fate, magical or otherwise. Ufufu, yes, perhaps I'll attend your comedy routine tonight. It might just help me get some ideas for my next project..."

Sesshu Toyo (Lily):
    "High-speed divine sketching? Hmm, that's quite a remarkable ability. Let me see some of your works. This is... a cat. And this one... another cat. And another one, and another... So this four-legged creature here, the style is a bit different, but I suppose it's-"
    "Eh? It's an eldritch abomination from another plane of reality? How does that work!?"

Taliesin:
    "A bard who spoke of kings and heroes, hmm? I suppose I must give praise when praise is due. Without my masks to ascertain the truth of their lives, an oral account is the next best thing."

Lucian of Samosata (Rider):
    "Truth and falsehood... once I thought that after one's death, the truth would be laid bare, and nothing else could be hidden, but you... seem to be a special case, non? Hmph, no matter, a master artisan such as myself should be able to improvise for such circumstances. Now, sit down. I'd like to sculpt both of your masks; the author and the adventurer. I wonder how this would turn out..."

Alcyone & Ceyx:
    "Another Pretender, huh... your names and faces may change, yet strangely enough... that expression of love remains constant. Seriously, it's so sickeningly sweet that I don't see the point of you pretending to be anything else. That said, I'm not one to judge the... eccentricities of my patrons. To have love strong enough to transcend death itself... tis' a wonderful thing indeed, mon cheri."

Brokk & Sindri:
    "No matter the era, you have to respect dedicated craftsmen such as them. It did cross my mind to commission a few tools to them to help me with my work, but I'm afraid their tools are a little too... advanced for someone like me. The other day, they showed me blueprints for a chisel that could craft a magnificent sculpture out of a block of wax with but a single tap. Could you imagine that!? I'd be out of a job if they actually built such a thing! A-Ahem, I mean, I'm not too worried about losing my job, most definitely not, but then the world would miss out on my hand-sculpted figures! Surely as an artist, I can't have that happen, non?"

Jean-Baptiste Etteilla:
    "My masks are used to discern the truth of what has already happened, while monsieur Etteilla's cards are used to discern what has yet to happen. Ufufu, I must admit, it is impressive how through your arts, you grant humans opportunities to change their own fate. Me? Well, beautiful as it may be, sometimes I do feel a hint of sorrow at my own inability to intervene before... everything transpired."

Telesilla:
    "Non, non, you are mistaken, madame. My works are done with no intent to disrespect the dead. If anything, I do this to honor them, when nobody else could. Hmm, let me put it this way. You were a warrior once, non? You were celebrated as a hero who repelled invaders from your hometown, or something like that. Yet I'm sure you did not accomplish these feats alone. There were many who fought beside you and even gave their lives for your cause. These people have their own friends and family who mourned their deaths, yet amidst the chaos of war, not many could afford to properly honor their deeds. The same could be said for me during the Revolution. My masks tell stories; stories of strife, sorrow, and purpose. Tales that would have gone unheard without an effort to immortalize them."

Dorian Gray:
    "How boring. I've seen people cling to dear life before the guillotine back then, but to see a dead man so desperately insist that he is alive? I feel nothing but pity for this one, frankly. Well, if anything, I was interested to see the person you were before your descent, but sadly enough, it seems that he's been dead for too long for me to take his measurements accurately."

Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky:
    "Both your masks are equally true. From a technical standpoint, it baffled me at first, but after reflecting upon it further... is that not a form of beauty in itself? Two souls playing in harmony... It's not your fault of society cannot perceive that form of beauty in your time. Oui, there is no need for you to hide anything in my presence."

Miss Gardner:
    "Mon Dieu, I can appreciate a good painting once in a while, but this is... life certainly has not been kind to you, has it? The colors that filled your soul, there is something disgustingly morbid about it. Something that I cannot overlook as an artist. Oh no, I'm not referring to the Outer God possessing you. Their colors are beautiful as it is. It's the people who 'painted' you that I detest."

Chairil Anwar:
    "To live a thousand more years... Ufufu, it is a beautiful dream, fleeting as it may be. I see that monsieur Anwar is also a collector of masks, not so different from myself. Yet his methods are... gruesome, even by my standards. Still, as a fellow artist, I must admire his single-minded passion, whether it is born of reflecting upon the truths of society, or simply a desire to be a contrarian."

Marie-Jeanne Rose Bertin:
    "So you're a friend of hers... There's no way for me to change your mind, is there? Bien sûr, you are far from the first person to make me doubt my... business, and I'm sure you wouldn't be the last, madame. Your resentment towards me is justified, and even if I were to grovel at your feet right now, I doubt you would forgive me, so I won't. However, to have their memories simply fade away, for me to live, while others had their lives cut short by the guillotine, destined to be forgotten just like that... That, I cannot forgive. That is why I cannot stop, even if society were to brand me as a witch, a monster, or a criminal. For the sake of their memories... Madame Tussauds will continue to open its doors."

Ferdinand Cheval:
    "To sculpt your own palace of eternal rest as your final project... I suppose that is a testament to your talents as an artist. Unlike you, my masks cannot capture dreams; only truths that had already transpired. Yet if the dead can dream... I pray that their dreams are those of happiness. Puissent-ils reposer en paix."

Leonardo da Vinci:
    "What's that? The children has been using my masks to sneak out and pull pranks on other Servants and staff members? Mon Dieu, that is a pity, but if you see the fine print in this contract, I cannot be held liable for whatever they do with my masks after they purchased them legally! Ufufu, you... don't happen to have a lawyer Servant around here, do you..?"

Bond CE

I still remember those days when I resigned my fate to the guillotine.
    The prison was damp and dimly lit, and every morning, I hear frantic prayers and cursing, with everyone hoping that the day would not be their last.
    Every evening, a guard would open the cells, dragging a number of prisoners with him to prepare them for execution, scheduled the very next morning.
    Every time I hear the cell doors opening, I prayed that it would not be my turn. I prayed, and tried my hardest to shut out the tears, the screams, and the curses of some unfortunate sap who was chosen that day.

Some time later, I found myself on the other side.
    No longer were my days numbered. In fact, I stood before the other side of the guillotine now. "Official business", they said.
    Every morning, I bore witness to their final moments.

Some accepted their end peacefully.
    Some stood proudly, defiant to the very end.
    Some were dragged to the pedestal, kicking and screaming.
    Some could only mutter prayers and apologies, hoping to stay the guillotine's blade.

It would be a shame if they are forgotten, wouldn't you think so?
    Their struggles, their pain, their truth...
    And so I decided to embrace it all.

A final celebration to a life well-lived.
    A journey to the hereafter.
    To a place where they may finally know peace.

Creator's Notes

• Presenting a Faker, without the numerous complicated collapse tags that comes with writing them!
    • Since it doesn't look like anyone else was going to take her from my suggestion in the other thread, I ended up running with this idea, and I gotta say I'm loving it. I had fun writing this one.
    • She has a habit of comically spewing various obscenities in French whenever she's really frustrated. Unfortunately I'm far from proficient in French, and Google Translate... doesn't seem to be all that reliable, really. So I looked up some French slangs online, and while I did find a number of them, it's a pity that I couldn't put more here.
    • One of her tactics in battle involves conjuring numerous copies of herself from molten wax. Hit the wrong one, and they all explode, like a scorching wax bomb with an added bonus of sticking the enemy in place.
    • A live talkshow every Saturday night, an ice cream stall, a shadow puppet theater, and now a wax museum... My Chaldea continues to expand.

Last edited by BnEl15; October 16th, 2021 at 12:37 PM. Reason: More lines

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DelRey View Post
    ah Royd, my eternal Foreigner rival at it again
    I knew it would be Tsathoggua, you mentioned it a while ago.
    Mixed about it overall. Character and skills and general imagery are great. I got Venom and Carnage vibes. I like how you took inspiration from Master of Chaos to show alternative skills. I wish I remembered Self-Upheaval for my Friedrich sheet.
    Like back then, I was confused how you drew the connection to cats. I had to search for it to find it, because the usual sites dont say anything about it. He just has some obscure servitors with feline traits, that doesnt seem to make him an Evil God of Cats itself. His descriptions are more like he is a furry bat frog or some shit and he is pretty slothful.
    These are some edges in the sheet that temper my enjoyment, but it is a curse for a nerd like me who knows a bit HPL stuff. Still, if we take it at face value, their connection and how you depict it are really good. Using the spawn as his ink is creative and adds a cool creepy factor. Using Outer gods servitors is something I neglected for a while now. Perhaps if I get back to making Foreigners.

Another point I wish you did was actually showing us his paintings. When you present a painter and name skills after them, show them so we get a feel how he paints. Then we can imagine his in combat style even better.
    I encourage everyone who chooses to do an artist this contest to show us their artwork. If you take a painter show his paintings, musician can at least have music at the beginning in the background, poets can have phrases of their works under their skills.
    Examples for that are NMR's Li Bai for poetry, my Munchs and CDF for painters or Liszt for musicians.
    You dont have to do it to that extend, but it adds flavor and depth to a sheet.
    I was looking for a Lovecraftian god associated with cats and Tsathoggua (due to the aforementioned servitors) was the closest thing. It's maybe not the best connection but I made do with what I got, and the Formless Spawn = ink idea solidified the sheet for me. And I edited to show references of his paintings like you suggested. Thanks for the feedback!

Blog Entries
    ... how the hell did I miss that JJ-GKnSKSn-SMUMFM-KNTnST-Ynb-PPPnS-SnG-GnPnPnCnC sheet in all my backreading?

IT'S BEAUTIFULLLLLLLL and of course Madame Tussaud's waxworks too
    Noob here. Sorry about that.

Blog Entries
    Tussaud: did we talk about that one? I feel like i suggested stuff for her some time ago, i dont remember.
    I see now what you meant with taking inspiration from my Voyager concept. I could see her becoming one when the NP is changed to reflect the progress of life.
    My Timur would like to offer some special business deals btw. And Twinkle Star and Tarrare would be amongst the kids running amok with the masks. And you namedropped phantasmogoria! just recently learned about that artform
    Overall a really cool sheet as always. You always deliver good stuff, especially the skills are on point again. Of course the CE needed the angst level, else you would run mad.

Royd: Of course the first thing that comes to mind are the Dreamland cats. It would fit his airheaded nature, but then the creepy atmosphere is missing and the ink stuff. So you did the right choice. If I would have gone that route i believe I would have let him somehow befriend the weird cats and through that got access to the Outer God, perhaps even syncretize the cats with the spawn, because why not with obscure HPL stuff. A weird situation that brings him closer to the feline servants of the Outer God, than the Outer God himself, bridging what I mentioned.
    "Let's see the color of your coin, my friend."

Behold my vault of Heroes.
    Where the Heavens and the Abyss breath the Music of Humanity.

The King's duty is to provide. And provide, I shall.
    University of Formatting | Gallery of Potential | Memorandum of the Extra Class Kings

Our Kingdom will grow. And we shall know each citizen.
    Create-a-Servant 4 soon.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Kabalisto Koga's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow the first profiles are appeared! I ll tell you Delrey that will be a active prompt !

Beside then i should also start !
    Your verified Chikara-production Studios !

Dont ship me with anyone unless i say so !

When you wake a Dragon in his Lair...

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's been a bit since my last servant... he would've been great for this but alas. Even so I have a few ideas for this prompt... and I'll start by entering my sheet for Taliesin, Chief of Bards.

Note: Collapse is broken for so... large post it is. Sorry if it's a problem. Note the II: It's fixed I misremembered the function used. It was spoiler. Thank you BN for the reminder.

Sources: LadyUsada, Tumblr.com. Aleryia, TalesofCrestoria.Fandom.Com. A745, AbyssalChronicles.com. Luke Fon Fabre, Altered, Danbooru.Donmai.us
    Class: Caster
    True Name: Taliesin
    Origin: Celtic Mythology, Historical Fact
    Alignment: Lawful-Neutral
    Likes: Mystery, Stories, Reciting oral history and legends, and Inspiring others
    Dislikes: Science, The evaporation of mystery, and Skeptics
    Talents: Recitations, Storycrafting, and Moonlighting as a muse
    Catalyst: An original copy of the Tales of Taliesin
    Other Classes: Faker
    Armaments: Any item he can properly enchant

Parameters
    Spoiler:
    Str: D
    End: D
    Agi: C
    Mna: B
    Lck: B

Lore

Spoiler:
    Nicknamed Chief of Bards by some, this is not without reason. A master poet of his time making even veterans weep, having wisdom that made even King Arthur listen to reason, and having a wealth of knowledge that was highly sought after by druids. His name is Taliesin, also known as the Chief of Bards. He is said to have died once only to return to life with the help of his mother the White Witch. This miracle, brought about by the white witch Ceridwen, gifted him to always be witty and inspired, while his direct ties to Awan granted him supernatural beauty, clairvoyance, and magecraft. Afterwards he would go on to serve in the courts of several mythical kings of legend such as King Arthur, Bran the Blessed, and Elfin. For a while he was regarded as Myth but historical records noted his name as appearing in largely the same roles that his mythological counterpart did. He has been compared and mischaracterized as both Lugh and Merlin but it has been acknowledged that he is a wholly separate character. Despite proof of his historical existence, this has been tainted as one of the larger sources were proven to be total forgeries. Instead the court records of the other kings were all humanity had to go on for his historical record. As such his mythical self takes a more prominent role within the throne of heroes.

The true tale is he was born under a different name and lifestyle, apprentice to the white witch herself. Eventually he was tasked with defending a tincture named ‘the Potion of Wisdom’. The witch took great lengths to make it as the first three drops granted ultimate wisdom while the rest was poison and intended to have it later. However an accident occured and 5 drops fell upon his thumb and burned it. Putting it in his mouth he gained not just wisdom but also Awan. Fearing the witches' response to the loss of the gift, he fled, shapeshifting into various animals to do so using his new gift in Awan to do so. The witch chased him, indeed angry. When he turned into grain and hid in a pile the witch merely devoured bundles, getting him in the process. Then the poison kicked in… which had the effect of impregnating the witch. She was unaware for a while and so the poison worked on her as well. She couldn’t bring herself to kill the child due to the poison’s influence and so birthed the baby later. She then began to raise it as her son, naming Lord Elfin as his god-father. Later, when he was old enough to have a trade, she sent him on his way to Lord Elfin to work for him. Quickly his gift as a bard revealed itself, but at the request of Elfin’s uncle he attended to Maelgwn for a time. Then, at their request, he made a prophecy regarding him. He prophesied that the lord would have a blessed rule, but that he would die of yellow fever in ten years time. At first this was seen as a mere joke. Yet it came to pass and legends of his clairvoyance spread. From there he would join the courts of powerful kings and record their legends to tell future generations to come. King Arthur, Bran the Blessed, and others. He even crossed paths with Pwyll, prince of the dyfed.

Class Skills

Spoiler:
    Territory Creation: C

A skill that allows the servant to create a workshop-like environment, though really it just alters a space most useful to the servant. At this rank they can make a proper workshop, which for him is simply a small workspace to write manuscripts, legends, and other such works. He prefers it this way due to the fact that he likes to write stories, plays, legends, and other various forms of literature.

Item Construction: C

A skill that denotes the servant's ability to construct items. While they do not produce magic, they produce physical goods that can be magical in nature, for example a wand that shoots fire. Of course, such things are generally reserved for higher ranks. At this rank, While magic is certainly possible, the magic they perform is the kind any magus with a year of work can produce. Nothing a proper caster would do. Further all of his items are in the form of either staves, sheets of paper, or jewelry. However he generally will not bother to infuse magic into them due to his skill at enchanting.

Personal Skills

Spoiler:
    Enchant: A+

A skill that allows the holder to imbue items with a ‘concept’, granting them either a temporary or permanent status as a noble phantasm. At this rank, normally, they would be high C-tier or low b-tier noble phantasms capable of holding their own against most legends barring the exceptional, though all would buckle when faced with them. However, Taliesin has a particular talent that takes him to a completely different level. He doesn’t simply imbue items with ‘Concepts’, he also grants them a ‘Legend’ of his own creation. This elevates them and allows them to go head to head with any but the strongest of phantasms. While they cannot use true name activations, they are still great for contests that rely purely on the strength of the legend and the skill of the user. However it takes him quite a while to imbue both a ‘Concept’ and ‘Legend’ into an item. Generally, the stronger the 'Concept' and 'Legend' he is imbuing the longer it is, with trying to recreate something of Excalibur's level taking a full year to do so.

Awan: EX

A skill to represent his attainment of Awan, or ultimate creative inspiration. With it he can either attain or replicate any skill he needs for a particular situation. At his rank, his intuition and wit allows him to know the exact kind of skill he needs and this skill will then select the skill most fitting and grant it to him, which his own intuition will then guide in its use. It’s very similar to the skill Inherent Wisdom, but he does not have ultimate wisdom but ultimate creativity. Any skill gained will be allotted the exact rank needed to balance power and efficiency. This skill will never impart skills similar to it even if it would make accessing them easier. Further, no skill will ever exceed A-rank due to the fact that most skills of that rank simply demand too much prana to accomplish the goal.

Clairvoyance: A++

A skill that grants someone supernatural sight. At this rank, a type of future sight, enhanced far-vision, or even mind reading is possible. While he simply has a type of future sight and enhanced farsight only, his own wit and intuition when combined with this skill also grant him the power to predict the very thoughts of his foes. It is not 100% accurate as it relies on human understanding, but it is abnormally accurate, often being correct 75% of the time.

Personality

Spoiler:
    A very contradictory personality. That describes him perfectly. On the one hand he can be very philosophical and many of his poems are such. One such example is found in his first address wherein he expresses how bards must exist or the courts will be filled with humorless dullards that pretend to be bards but make mockery of the craft. Yet despite this deep philosophy found in him there is a childishness found in his actions. For example, he has a rivalry with merlin, often making schemes to counter him. He ended up leaving King Arthur’s court due to being unable to best merlin and their last gamble saw him leaving. To this day he holds that merlin is a sham scoundrel, much to the amusement of merlin himself (though he’ll never admit it and will claim to not know who he is simply to annoy him). Likewise, he often becomes fascinated by phenomenon and will study it to an almost obsessive level, claiming only that it is his job to write anything that inspires him (Despite the fact he will never lack such thanks to his gift Awan). Despite this, he is often very likable. He is perfectly respectful and proper to new people he is meeting and shows a measure of caution and interest in even the most depraved individuals, seeing them as subjects for his writings. As such he is noted as generally considering anyone he meets as a friend. He has yet, barring merlin, to meet someone he did not befriend. The only one he will be hesitant to call friend besides merlin is perhaps King Arthur though he concedes that it’s likely she considers him a friend.

Yet for all the good these cause he does have a deep darkness within. Primarily, a secret fear lies in his soul that never vanishes no matter the age. He fears that despite his Awan that he will one day lack inspiration. So fearful of this is that it motivates his drive for the grail; for while his philosophy and lamentations about the state of humanity are perhaps accurate and true they are not the sole cause nor the sole motivator no matter how much he may claim to the contrary. No, his fear for lack of inspiration does lay within his soul and persists even as a servant. He never let on to most and the only ones who know are those who survived Bran the Blessed’s last stand, Merlin, and the White Witch. He rejects this notion to all others and to them he downplays it as much as humanely possible, as to him it suggests that his goals are not simply in service to bardom.

Interactions

Spoiler:
    Artoria Pendragon
    “Artoria, a pleasure... I am pleased you remember me, your grace. Thank you… now, tell me, have you dealt with that troublesome merlin yet? I always did say he’d ruin your kingdom….”

Merlin
    “You! You scandalous hound! I see you have not left humanity well enough alone. Why do you leave your tower, mage of flowers?... Hmph. As always… cannot help but amuse yourself with schemes no? Well… seems like our age old game shall continue, in earnest! Have at thee!”

Mash Kyrelight
    “Oh? Is that Gal- ah, no… you are someone else. Perhaps he blessed you…? No matter. It is nice to meet you. I am Taliesin, Chief of Bards”

Gilgamesh
    “Tsk… so much gold. Isn’t it a bit much, majesty? They often say humility is a fashion in itself”

William Shakespeare
    “Hoho… a fellow bard. Nice to meet you. I am Taliesin. I have yet to read your work but I shall, in time… oh? You want to write about me? By all means, shakespeare. It’d be unthinkable to deny a fellow bard”

Ishtar
    “Hahahahaha… I see, I see. Ingenious. Using a human vessel and the summoning system to claim an existence in chaldea… I wonder, would you become a permanent fixture of the world if you used a grail….? Ah, I have found a font of inspiration lady Ishtar, if you’d permit me to write of course”

Nursery Rhyme
    “Hmmm. This is a problem… Living fiction? I had no clue such was possible. Mayhap it is merely as a servant but what if they received a grail and wished for life? What might happen…? What a wonderful idea for a play…”

Morgana
    “Mother…? Wait no… you’re morgana… oh sorry, you simply reminded me of my own mother. That’s all. Apologizes, milady”

Mordred
    “The Knight of Rebellion… a pleasure to meet you m… no, sir. Might I interview you? I am most curious about your infamous Battle at Camlann Hill… I wish for your perspective, so that I might rewrite it”

Oda Nobunaga
    “Ohhhh? The infamous Oda Nobunaga? You have quite the reputation… a perfect figure for my newest play. Might I have your permission for it?”

Sherlock Holmes
    “.... Tsk. This is why inquisitive types like you are problematic… even so, nay. I refuse your summation, sir holmes. I am not afraid of lacking inspiration. I am gifted with Awan. I will never run out… no, I only do this so bardom may once again flourish. That is all, sherlock. Now… excuse me”.

Jugema Jugema
    "Living fiction yet again... this time living comedy? Well. Mind if I sit in for a few routines? I have yet to partake japanese storytelling and comedy is often the best ice breaker."

Sesshu Toyo (Lily)
    "Fine art you have, even if the source is maligned... still. All artists must find a muse and I am glad you found yours. I merely wish you providence that it's intents are pure."

Marie Tussuad
    "You are correct, madam. In the end, your masks cannot lie. It is beautiful, truth be told. I simply perform and recite legends for that is my forte, as your masks are yours. Now... what are your prices for your masks? I am... curious on a couple"

Lucian of Samosata
    "..... On the one hand, I can appreciate a good legend. However... there is a problem with becoming devoured by ones own work... truthfully, the notion is frightening"

'Bonnie & Clyde'
    "What a refreshing tale... tragic, but passionate... I may have found my muse yet. I could listen to you two for hours"

Alcyone & Ceyx
    ".... Hmmm. Your tale is no less interesting than theirs.... oh, don't mind me. I'll just be listening and taking notes. It has been some time since I wrote romance"

Brokk & Sindri
    "Divine smiths...? Ah! Why with their cooperation... yes, I'd never need worry about quality ever again! Sirs! Sirs!"

Telessia
    "Worry not for me, emissary. I already have my muse. Pray, give your attention to those who need it. Thank you for the offer, however"

Dorian Grey
    "Oh? Decadence? Tell me... have you ever accepted an invitation from Merlin? If not, I can arrange one. Then let us speak afterwards"

Tchaikovsky
    "What wonderful music. Might I have a word? I wish to know your story. I am a bard seeking my next story to publish and in you I may have found it, if the emotion I heard is true"

Miss Gardner
    ".... hmmmm. Yet again I feel conflict. This color, this beauty. I do not know if it can ever be captured again.... yet it is so clearly unnatural. Unnatural, and so should it be? I... lack an answer..."

Andrew Macleish
    ".... Hmmm. I have no comment to make. I refuse to speculate on whether you are a real poet or a fake.... hmmm? Why are you glaring at me like that?"

Marie-Jeanne Rose Bertin
    "Fashion...? My robes are dirty from my travels... The question is are you still working? I know some retire once they become a servant, beyond battle of course. Merlin is a good example of this."

Ferdinand Cheval
    "Perhaps... still. We are here now, no? A walk would do me just fine..."

Phryne
    "An interesting figure you are. A 'mortal muse' some might say... I cannot but respect your craft, ma'am"

Katsuhika Hokusai
    "What wonderful paintings... truly. I feel as though I can step through and visit the mountain you so loved"

Watcher
    "..... Is... is it staring...? I can't tell...."

Gluseppe Tartini
    "Ah, thank you. I am glad someone can appreciate it. Might I hear a song before I leave?"

Zeima
    "I see. What an interesting fellow you are. Good day, I am Taliesin... may I speak with you? I wish to know your lifes story"

Heliogabulus
    "Aren't you an affectionate one? Well, I can write about anyone... now-"

Antonin Artaud
    "What an interesting fellow. Not unlike shakespeare, if a bit more... cruel. Though I won't interact with him. We'd fundamentally disagree"

Nathan Mayer Rothschild
    "What an interesting fellow and what a unique skillset... tragic how humanity paints your family so callously. Say... may I formulate a play of your history?"

Psammtik
    "What exquisite statues. Tell me, how expansive is your skill? Do you need a legend? Can you simply observe and make? I have so, so many questions"

Mnemosyne
    "Ah... nice to see you again. I admit, I did not expect we'd ever meet again. Apologies for storming off last time"

Noble Phantasm

Spoiler:
    Stori Bardd y Spun
    My Words my Armor, Their Legends my Sword

Type: Anti-World

Many tales surround the bard Taliesin, chief of bards. However this crystalizes both a myth and fact into one. He was one of the five best bards and was part of setting the foundation for many later myths regarding many figures. From Bran the Blessed last stand to the disappearance of King Arthur at the Battle of Camlann hill. From his mythical origins to his allusions to being Merlin or Lugh. The words of a Bard carry weight and he showcases this well with his Noble Phantasm. When he speaks like a storyteller to spread a story he makes a hard luck check. Failure, and nothing happens beyond people that hear believing the story he stated. However, if he succeeds, then the legend takes root and begins to spread. This imbues the subject of the legend with appropriate mystery, granting them special powers based on the legend spun. It is not terribly strong, they’d have a difficult time holding their own against a mere E-rank servant. He cannot supply the individual with prana without using the old rituals.

However there is a much stronger form of this Noble Phantasm. Upon it’s true name being activated, the true spectacle of it reveals itself. He may wreathe his master or someone else in the legend of a legendary figure. First he must create the proper equipment of the figure he wishes to replicate and arm the one receiving this noble phantasm. Then he must prepare a proper oratory performance of the legend. Finally he must actually perform the performance, declaring this noble phantasm's true name beforehand. Upon activation, the performance will begin and at the end the individual selected will, for all intents and purposes, be that figure. Whether it is Pwyll prince of the dyfed, Bran the Blessed or even King Arthur. They are ranked down as appropriate for the quality of their magic circuits, if any. If they lack them, then a luck check is made and the result imparts magic circuits of appropriate quality equaling the result, with nil ending the noble phantasm and requiring another attempt. Despite their new status they retain their sense of self in spite of this, though those properly prepared are ready for this shift in status. They are not demi-servants but in a way the figure reborn as the individual, in a roundabout way. However unlike the weaker version, which simply attaches a legend of some sort to an individual that is unique to them, this one is an already existing legend that is recorded in the throne of heroes and so the transformation lasts only so long as he can safely maintain it. He will stop when he needs to focus on retreat. At this point, the individual will lose their powers (though not their magic circuits) in 30 seconds if they use their powers efficiently over raw power. As such the total time limit generally is 4 minutes and 57 seconds. Another limitation is that he must be intimately familiar with the legend he is imbuing into someone. He cannot, say, turn a random bystander into gilgamesh without extensive study of gilgamesh himself. Likewise however he can immediately perform it on someone when imbuing them with the legend of Pwyll, Bran, or Artoria due to both knowing them personally and having spun legends of them himself.

Last edited by Baron Magnus; October 23rd, 2021 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Now adding more interactions
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Blog Entries
    A little tip, for shortening the sheet, you use the spoiler tag, not the collapse tag.

Aside from that, this is another fine sheet. He feels like an even more powerful Shakespeare. That Awan Skill can be absurdly busted in the right situations, though. I mean, it allows him to replicate any Skill at the exact rank he needs them. That's probably comparable to the highest-ranked Imperial Privilege, though I guess it's somewhat justified for a Merlin-tier figure.

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle Spammin Spiff's Avatar
    I'm busy at the moment so I won't be able to post my thoughts about everyone's sheets, but I wanted to say something really quick about BnEl15's sheet. First, I like the AA face claim. Second, I feel your servant and my first one (not quite finished yet) will have a very interesting relationship.

Not a day over sixty and with the eyes of a cornered ferret. WhiteFrenzy's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So here I was writing my sheet in a fever and then I hit a wall because of course I'd hit a creative wall eventually, why the fuck not.
    As I try to get over my writer's block YET AGAIN, let's also gauge the competition real quick and be amazed at our creator's amazing talents.

Jugemu Jugemu G...THAT DUDE: No, I refuse to copypaste his name. It's too glorious I'm unworthy of uttering it.
    But really. What an amazing entry, our first blood was something else this month. And the fact that it's rakugo inspired is just the icing in the cake, I couldn't be more pleased to see some good fucking Yakumo FC. I liked the way you went about the character, making him a composite of all the rakugo stories... And really, the Jugemu one deserved to be the main personality. It's such a meme! (People usually think of FMA when they think of this name but I for once laughed out loud remembering that Gintama episode. Thank you.)
    Anyway, my praises are all about how this Servant is so creative. You went off.

Sesshu Toyo (Lily): You know me... I see a nekomimi boy who's also a cat lover (a man of culture), I hit the like button. Bonus points for being a Self-Upheaval haver Servant, clearly if my own characters are something to go by, my favorite Skill. He's such a terrifying serene force, I like how you consistently manage to create these types. Also, the work of giving us glimpses of his skills in other Classes? I could never. This is commitment. But yes, his skills are cute, his NP is cute (ACTUALLY NOPE IT'S THE OPPOSITE OF CUTE), this servant himself is cute. 10/10 we can share a bed if Master's is already occupied by Kiyohime or something.

Marie Tussaud: I'M SO GLAD SOMEONE PICKED HER. And I'm double glad that it was you because of course everything you touch becomes gold you madman you. She was already my waifu but alright, sure, bonus points for having a Professor Layton theme song I guess take my heart already... And yeah, I know some people dislike when the Servant speaks in their skills but I'm not one of those people, the more personality they show the better, and this woman is overflowing with this weirdly magnetic but also creepy charisma. The fact that she is very much in theme for a Spooktoober Servant is also such a cool touch, you really commited to the mission of making us fall in love with a Servant. I think she'll be in my mind for the next weeks...

Taliesin: HOO BOY, THIS DUDE. He's an artist, alright. (And he's also perfect all the pictures are perfect clearly this is the winner entry already I mean you had to get best boy as your FC just to critically hit me in the heart huh.) He's such a wanked character, but instead of making us frown at it it's all so... Fitting. Also, if I wasn't already loving him before that personality section truly would had changed my mind - DID I MENTIONED HE'S PERFECT BECAUSE OF COURSE HE'D BE PERFECT YOU COULDN'T BE NOTHING BUT PERFECT WHEN YOU HAVE THIS FACE? Good. I hope he knows that.
    Oh look, what was supposed to be a review became me simping over a character? Who'd guess...
    Last edited by WhiteFrenzy; October 4th, 2021 at 04:46 PM.
    ——————
    WHITEFRENZY'S
    servants | masters
    —————

祖 Ancestor
    Blog Entries
    Wonder if anyone is going to do a Raphael or Michelangelo sheet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NINE-lives View Post
    Wonder if anyone is going to do a Raphael or Michelangelo sheet.
    or if some one would try to make a Pheidias or Vainamöinen as both would fitt .

Blog Entries
    I remember Royd wrote an awesome Lostbelt Phidias sheet here a long time ago. Not to say anyone else can't write a different version of him.

A.K.A. Rick, apparently realcasually's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    --AH SHIT I'M LATE AGAIN

I've been having some crazy computer trouble for a few weeks, so hopefully things relax long enough for me to actually get something done on this-- for once, I've DEFINITELY got more than a few kooky ideas in the can that miiiight be pushing it a little. Maybe I'll even get two done in time if I can get off my ass and do it. I've been a little distant here lately on account of not feeling the motivation to do any Servants, but this might just be the spark that lights the fire under me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BnEl15 View Post
    I remember Royd wrote an awesome Lostbelt Phidias sheet here a long time ago. Not to say anyone else can't write a different version of him.
    yeah i know ,but also a normal version is also a interesting candidate or there are other ancient greek Artist like Praxiteles but this prompt would also fitt for Orators.

also your Tussaud is also really well done i must say !

Blog Entries
    Taliesin: Well that's a very nice take on the character. To be honest, I planned on also making Taliesin for my second entry, though I don't know if two of the same character is allowed? (+ even if it is, would you allow me to do it? I understand if you don't).

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle Baron Magnus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Go ahead. I'm not possessive of my dudes. I'm still working on my second entry myself and I plan to post it even if another of him appears... barring, of course, the rule being no duplicate entries between different people (like no two taliesins).
    Rookie Lorekeeper, Amateur Extraordinaire, and all around nasunoob.

Blog Entries

In a World of Lies… the Truth is but a Point of View

Warning.

The following is an account of lies as told through the eyes of an honest man.

Trust not the words of one who claims to be sane in a world where sanity is a sickness of the mind. Trust not history as it was written, but history was it was accepted. Trust not the man who claimed to be the one true truthful myth in a world where all myths may become Truth.

This is an account of Lies and Deceit…

As seen through the eyes of an Honest Man.

Hero of the Moon

“Greetings and Salutations, young man! It would seem that the winds of fortune have once more blown me off course. You wouldn’t mind helping a lost traveler such as myself, no? Good! I am Lucian. Lucian of Samosata! The greatest explorer of the world!”

Class
    Other Classes
    Allignment
    Rider
    Caster / Moon Cancer
    Truthful Honest
    Height / Weight
    Region
    Source
    1.80m / 85kg
    Greece
    A True Story
    “Adventure, of course! I want to see the world and tell others what is really out there. Nothing about these fancy tall tales about gods and heroes. Just a genuine honest account from a genuine honest man! Oh, look! Is that island made of cheese?!”

Dislikes

“I imagine those who claim to know the true history of the world. Yet rely on deceitful accounts of ancient storytellers. It takes not a trip to the moon to see that their honesty is doubtful.”

Parameters
    Strength: E
    Agility: C
    Endurance: E
    Mana: A
    Luck: A
    Noble Phantasm: A
    Command Cards
    Background

“Rejoice, master! For you have called a hero whose legend echoes through the stars. The one and only genuine myth in this world and the greatest and most honest explorer of all, that is I, Lucian!”

Remembered as an author wholly dedicated to the historical veracity of his works, Lucian was in fact secretly an adventurer who sought to publish his findings under the veneer of satire. Claiming it as the one and only truthful piece of ancient mythology which the world would ever see.

One should be careful of their words, however.

For in a world where lies and truth mindle and spiral downwards into madness, even a serious and cynical author may fall prey for their own lies. Tainted by their claims of ‘truth’ which now warp the very foundations of their Spirit Origin, Lucian of Samonata may have at one point been a simple human looking to prove a point through his writing, yet now finds himself playing the role he set for himself.

A chivalrous rogue focused solely on the thrill of adventure and challenging the Unknown, the Lucian of now is the one who proclaimed his journeys took him into the afterlife and the far reaches of space where he fought in a celestial conflict amongst the stars between the Sun and the Moon.

Backed up by his loyal crew and with the help of the many friends he’d made amongst the people of the moon, Lucian would put a stop to the conflict and return home with an account which could have only been a lie.

A lie, told over and over again, becomes the truth.

In a world where the belief of the majority holds sway over the ‘point of view’ of reality, even an account as dubious and satirical as Lucian’s True Story may become a genuine reality which overwrites the truth.

“Let me tell you about that one time I sailed through a river of wine. It was really good, though I could have gone without all the bears swimming in it. Dionysus must have been laughing at us, I’m sure!”

Personality

“Not much to being a hero, is there? You fight, you win, you get the girl and see the world and all it has to offer. Really, I could do it all over again in my sleep! In fact, I think I shall! Won’t you accompany me for a heroic siesta, my Master?”

A fanciful young man, excited to explore new lands and worlds, he often speaks in nonsensical manners, alluding to events which have never happened with a conviction of a painfully sane man. In fact, one could say his very nature is that of being honestly dishonest. Wholeheartedly believing in tall tales and strange stories he is so fond of telling others.

His favorite, however, is the time where he traveled to the moon and stopped a war between two warring planets with the aid of his crew.

A whole nonsensical account.

Yet he remains resolute that the war between Phaeton and Endymion truly happened and that yes, he indeed visited the Isles of the Blessed while sailing through a sea of milk. Thank you very much.

Lucian, despite his quirks, professes the need for honesty and straightforward conversation between people, never mind the fact that he is living a lie which he concocted to satire the fanciful tales of ancient history, what he is telling you is the truth and you should hear some more about how he married Calypso.

Yes, really!

Even so, the Explorer of the Moon is a good natured and well mannered young man who embodies the virtues of a hero, having gone on adventurers and fought in wars against beings that you could scarcely believe. Why, you wouldn’t be wrong if you claimed his exploits were greater than those of any other hero before him!

But he won’t say.

So, of course not!

He is an honest and humble man living a dream of heroism and adventure. Why ruin it by coming out and saying it’s all been a big lie?

“Say, Master. Don’t you think all those Servants are too good to be true? Sure, they seem to be genuine articles, but I can’t help but think that there’s something wrong about them. Reality must be stranger than fiction, I suppose. Even I couldn't even dream of half the stuff those people do!”

Class Skills

Riding (Fake) - [C]

The ability to operate boats and ships of all kinds. Limited in scope to other iterations of the skill. It can only accomplish what Lucian believes it can. Since he is an explorer who sailed the seas, it is limited to working on any kind of vehicle which rides on water.

Counter Hero - [C+]

As the one true genuine Hero, Lucian sees other heroes as either pale imitations of himself or as fanciful ‘make believe’ heroes pretending to be greater than they really are. His very presence causes other genuine heroes to be diminished in parameters and overall ability. Though this skill is especially effective against heroes he shares a cultural background with.

Personal Skills

Innocent Monster - [A]

A man warped by his own legend to the point he doesn’t recognize himself as abnormal. Rather, one could say that his own work caused this by virtue of calling itself the ‘truth’. Having accidentally tainted himself with his own satirical tale, Lucian’s appearence and demeanor are no different than those of a dashing hero seeking to explore the world, instead of the writer he is known to be in history.

Evaporation of Sanity - [C]

One whose disposition is utterly devoid of common sense. A living contradiction which sees itself as the one tru and honest man while being tainted by lies and fantasy. The moon, having touched his mind in myth, prevents him from realizing this paradoxical existence, allowing Lucian to act unperturbed by his own actions and thoughts. However, on nights where the Moon isn’t present, he might come to realize he is, in fact, living a fanciful tale of his own making.

Pioneer of the Stars (Fake) - [B]

A delusional man convinced of his own lies. Lucian wholeheartedly believes himself to be the first human to land upon the surface of the moon, having broken through the last frontier on a whim of fate and granting humanity the knowledge of how to replicate his deeds. However, this is only a fake. Lucian can only do the impossible when others believe it to be possible. As opposed to real pioneers who do the impossible when the chances are none. You could call this skill his ‘plot armor’, which allows him to survive so long as there is reasonable doubt that he won’t die.

Affection of the Sea Nymph - [C]

A skill relating to Lucian’s receiving of Calypso during his travels. While fanciful in the extreme, the nymph herself may have actually taken a liking to an honestly deceitful man, and favors him with affection for his writing that Odysseus should have chosen to stay with her. I suppose you could say that this Skill represents the ‘brownie points’ Lucian scored with Calypso.

Noble Phantasm
    Vera Historiae: A Honest Account of a World of Lies
    A-Rank / Anti-Truth

A Noble Phantasm which exists separate from the Servant Lucian. Rather, one could call it, the ‘author which records his adventures’. It manifests alongside Lucian and cannot be noticed or interacted with by the man himself. However, a Master who is able to find and claim the book will be able to rewrite Lucian’s reality to their liking by turning his ‘fanciful tale’ into truth, anyone who writes in the Vera Historiae will have their words imprinted on Lucian himself.

For example, writing paragraphs depicting a new power which he can use to defeat an enemy. Giving him access to the weapons and possession of ancient Greek heroes. Allowing him to survive any and all battle by the skin of his teeth.

However, the Book comes with a cost.

Writing in it exhausts an incredible amount of magical energy, to the point that it would be like summoning a second servant. And of course, its powers are subject to rejection by the World and the Book itself. After all, if the book doesn’t approve of what is being written on it then it will refuse to manifest it.

As such, any Master who summons Lucian must also be a skilled author able to write to the original Lucian’s standards.

The other cost for this extraordinary power is that should the book itself be destroyed, the damage inflicted will be transferred to Lucian himself, meaning that there is an entirely indirect way to defeat him without ever having to face this charmingly cartoonish hero who simply pulls out new abilities and lucky breaks out of thin air.

Relationships
    Fujimaru Ritsuka

‘Ah, to be young and naive. Truly, Master is a man of good taste. Having summoned me, I can tell he has an eye for talent and an appreciation for honesty!”

BB

‘Okay! Who the hell summoned this weirdo?! It was bad enough in the Moon Cell, and now I gotta deal with this here?!”

Astolfo

“Oh! So you went to the moon too?! Great! Was ol’ Endymion the king when you visited? I tried helping him with the giant spiders but I had a quest, you see! Good on you for helping him!”

Odysseus

‘Master, I have no recollection of this man. Yet he seems to be in possession of my ship. And, pardon me for ask, but is that Calypso? What in the world is happening?”

Hans Christian Andersen

“I don’t even know where to begin… ”

Voyager

“Mister! Mister! You’ve met aliens, right? Right?! So, if you see them again, can you give them something for me? It’s very important! ”

Last edited by Wyvern; October 7th, 2021 at 02:41 PM.